Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

With a complete lack of ceremony and the fact that she was the only Jedi willing to accept the challenge, Armiena Draygo became the Jedi Grandmaster, the leader of the Jedi Order.

How did this ever happen? All this time, Armiena thought that she was meant to be the ultimate example of the fringe Jedi, one who operated on her own morals rather than the Jedi's; the type that thoroughly reinterpreted the Jedi Code to suit her personal beliefs rather than those taught by traditional Jedi values. The fact that an unorthodox woman like her became the leader of the Jedi was surely a cause for hysterical laughter among the cosmos.

It's a sign that they want something to be done. So do something, woman.

”œThanks for the vote of confidence. I'll do my best to not let you down”¦ but if I do”¦”

drayyy.png

Onderin nodded. Armiena had been his other possible nomination. She had been an even stronger supporter of the Rebellion at times, often showing up in combat and adding her strength to what the Alliance had mustered. She had practically saved Mon Calamari on her own once or twice, and had single-handedly taken over Star Destroyers.

Her abilities were perfect for leading the faction. The Admiral was satisfied.

He had something else to say before the meeting was over, but wanted to give Armiena the chance to give an acceptance speech first.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Aryian was a little surprised when Armiena announced she wanted him on her council, and he seriously hoped it didn't have anything to do with the fact that they were engaged. But when she finally did spill the beans on that particular subject, leaning up against him for full effect and everything, there was not much Aryian could do but stand there with a huge grin on his face thinking one thought and one thought only.

Damn straight.

Again he contacted Nom and Onderin through his various methods, knowing the time was nearing where he would have to speak with them in secrecy.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Ara was now grinning wider than she had been when she had met up with the other Masters. Sanare began shining like mad and singing various wedding tunes, complete with orchestrated background music.

Ara jumped over to Armiena, giving the woman a warm hug. "Armiena, that's wonderful news! I accept the position on the council, and I'm so happy for you and Aryian!" Upon saying this, Ara dragged Aryian into the embrace as well, jumping up and down, her glasses almost falling off of her face in her excitement. "You two! I can't believe you two got together! Oh, it's so wonderful!"

Sanare had now removed itself from Ara's belt and was generating a humanoid representation of itself, singing and dancing around the small trio. The music was happy and upbeat, though only Ara could really understand what was being sung, given what language the sword was singing in. "I'm ecstatic! When's the wedding? Where? Oh, you guys!"

She stopped jumping long enough to give Armiena a meaningful glance. "And I know you're more than capable of taking care of yourself, but if he ever mistreats you or makes you annoyed, tell me, and I'll make sure he gets the proper message." Ara gave Aryian a short look before breaking into another fit of joyous laughter. "I couldn't be happier for you two! I love weddings!"

Calming down a bit, she leaned back to appraise the couple with a warm smile. "And I particularly love weddings when they're of two people I care about. I know you and I haven't talked too much, Armiena, but I've always respected you, and as for you, Aryian, well, we've been through quite a bit together as well." She winked. "Though I still say that I can outhack you anyday, but we'll have to settle that some other time."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Skye let the others speak, her smile widening as Armiena announced her and Aryian's engagement. She stepped forward to embrace firstly Armiena and then Aryian.

"Congratulations both of you."

She lifted Armiena's hand, having a closer look at the ring,

"Very beautiful. I wish you both every happiness"

Skye stepped back then, letting the others move forward. She stood beside Ara, also congratulating her on her position as well. Her thoughts turned towards her children, which were never far from her thoughts anyway, wondering again where they were and how they were. She missed them terribly and hoped that someday she would catch up with them all again.

She would head to Gala with the rest of the others, feeling an inner warmth that she had been accepted back into the Order that she had never stopped supporting.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Kirlocca frowned when Armiena announced that Aryian and her were getting married.

Shyriiwook: "You humans sure have a strange way of showing your emotions."

Kirlocca turned and walked off away from the group. He sat down besides his ship and pulled out one of his holocrons and began to study the information that it held. He was not really all that interested in weddings and love affairs. However, he would show up through respect for his good friend Aryian. Kirlocca really was glad for them, he just did not like the way that humans showed their emotions.

Aryian was overwhelmed with the response it evoked when Ara went off, wildly changing from a joyous person to someone who threatened Aryian back to the same joyous innocent person... But it was Kirlocca that Aryian was most concerned with.

He hugged Armiena, giving her a knowing glance before he trailed off after Kirlocca. It wasn't long before he caught up, and when he did, he realized he had the benefit of privacy.

"Kirlocca...regarding the wedding. There was something personal I wished to ask of you. It's about the ceremonies and all, but..."

He hesitated before asking it, Kirlocca's reaction wasn't all that great. Maybe he wouldn't like to be...

"Would you be my Best Man at the wedding?"

He blurted the question out before he had the chance to think twice. For once, he was glad he did something stupid like that.

"Please, Kirlocca...it would mean a lot to me. In the Order, it's you who I feel I have the strongest bond with. I would be honored if you accepted."

Blz1mwg.png

Content that the Jedi were indeed heading to Gala, Brad made sure that Artoo had his new CR90 ready to go. Although the little droid had a highly compatible relationship with his XJ3, the Jedi Knight knew he could count on that little droid. To go from merely something he found in the middle of the desert to one of the things he trusted most was quite impressive for an old R2 unit. Brad was also quite satisfied with the acute personality R2-T2 developed.

It appeared that Armiena would be the new grand master of the Jedi, and Brad was quite pleased. She was one Jedi that Brad respected, most likely because she was the one who administered his trials. The Order would do great things under her, Brad was sure. "Congratulations to both of you, Armiena and Aryian. And thanks for replacing my ship Aryian, I owe you one for that."

WarrenEdit.jpg

Shyriiwook: "Of course I accept. Why would you think that I wouldn't want to?"

Kirlocca stood up, passing Aryina in height. When he looked into his eyes, he saw why he asked him the way he did.

Shyriiwook: "Aryian, Wookiee's just have a different outlook on emotions. When a wookiee chooses his bride, he grabs her by the hair and uses his ryyk to cut her open on the arm, showing possesion."

Kirlocca saw that Aryian was a little disturbed by what the Jedi master was saying.

Shyriiwook: "Forget it. We will talk more about the wedding back at Gala. Go accompany your bride to be. I'll see you shortly."

Talon smiled at the cheerful mood in the air. This was a good day- a good day in the midst of many bad ones. Aryian and Armiena reminded him, once again, that in dark times there was always a shimmer of hope. And whether or not they knew it, it comforted him deeply. The troubles he had been feeling earlier had been pushed aside, not just because of the marriage announcement, but also because the Order was headed in a good direction”¦ After the others had taken their turns, he too congratulated the couple, though slightly less enthusiastically as Ara.

Like Aryian, however, Talon was interested in talking to Kirlocca. He reached out through the Force, opening a mental connection. ”œYou wanted to speak to me after the meeting?”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

There's a faint rustling in the room and for a moment a shadow passes over the room and brings a familiar feeling for the assembled Jedi.

When it passes, a single pair of roses and an origami crane sit in the middle of the Council table. None of a Jedi's six senses can detect their owner, soon vanished back into the darkness of space.

When unfolded the crane reads the following, drawn out in a short, fine script.

Just popping in briefly to renew my pledge of support for the Jedi order. I will be around as needed, so be at ease.

To Armiena and Aryian: congratulations on your newfound love and upcoming union.

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Onderin wasn't sure what to think concerning the wedding. In a way, it was an excellent turn of events, and he was happy for Aryian and Armiena. However, Jedi marriages were uncommon, and for good reasons. He thought this to be somewhat uncommon among the Jedi of this age, but he was one that still believed that emotional attachment was to be avoided--he had even told his apprentices this.

When he heard that everyone was going to reconvene at Gala, he gave half a smile. He was already there.

For now, he walked over to Aryian, who had wanted to speak with him. "Congratulations, Master Darkfire," he said, still using a formal title. "You asked me to come speak with you?"

3C12kbA.png

Kirlocca sensed Talon reach out. He left where he was and seeked him out. Kirlocca bowed before him.

Shyriiwook: "I am sorry master about what happened ealier. I did not mean for you to come in my stead as the imperial prisioner."

Kirlocca paused. He never liked to beat around the bush of topics, so he just jumped right on in.

Shyriiwook: "I want to tell you that what you saw of me being tortured had been altered. Yes, I said the things you heard me say, but I never got right up right after it, nor was it simply just given up to them. I had been in their 'care' for days at that point, I had no food or sleep on some days."

Kirlocca couldn't tell if he was just rambling on about something that Talon did not care about, or if he was ranting. Either way, Kirlocca felt that he needed it off his chest.

Nom kept silent for most of the meeting. He wasn't much for diplomacy and making decisions. He didn't know Armiena too well, but based off her reputation, Nom realized her ideals somewhat parralled his own. She had also managed to save his life back on Manaan. Both of these attributes were more than enough to secure Nom's support. The air around the Jedi suddenly filled with joy as Armiena announced the source behind her rather unusual contentment. It seemed to make sense. That explains the slight sense of smugness emmenating from Aryian. Women always had a way of bringing out that particular emotion in men. It seemed Armiena did a fine job of that.

The Jedi Master remained somewhat in the backround, as he usually did. He enjoyed social situations immensily, he just wasn't good at them. A smile graced his face as he thought back in his life. He was never good with women, having displayed his foolishness in that area to every female he ever tried to "woo". Nom had no problem with Jedi romances at all. He never really engaged in them himself however. The Force seemed to have different plans for his life, either that or he was just born with unfortunate social skills.

Nom's thoughts turned to his apprentice, having sensed his presence in the midst of the meeting. "Scorpio, I'll come find you after the meeting. We can head over to Gala together...

He turned his head in the direction of the Jedi Masters. It seemed things were calming slightly, Ara having ebbed her enthusiasm a bit. Nom took a moment just to observe his surrounds. The sky was a pure lushious blue, casting its radiance everywhere. The smiles adorning the Jedi's faces seemed to accompany the sun as its golden rays accentuated their faces. One didn't need the Force to sense the warmth here. This is what I fight for...The Jedi Master remembered each time his life had ended, the ultimate sacrifice. He remembered the sneer accompaying each Sith, each enemy. Their every effort looked to destroy this very moment. The thought that Nom made an impact, however small, on this moment made it all worth it. "This is life..."

The crowd began to disperse as the meeting came to an end. Nom inched his way over to Armiena. Her smile seemed contagious. Nom found himself wearing one too as he approached her. "I just want to say that I'm behind you one hundred percent. I know you'll take us places we've never been." The Jedi Master extended his hand. His eyes suddenly turned warmer, more personal. "And thanks for saving my life. No one deserves this position more than you."

While Nom shook his new leader's hand, he again took his vision to the heavens. This moment was an all too perfect. This moment was the target of evil, of all oppression, the end of every Sith's lightsaber. This moment was something the Jedi would never let die.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

When Armiena made her announcment, Darex threw back his head and laughed heartily. He couldn't stop it. It was so perfect...and who'd have ever guessed it?

After everyone else had passed on their congratulations, Darex strode up to her, a huge, roguish grin on his face. He held out his hand to her, then pulled her into a hug. "Congrats, my dear. I never thought I'd see the day where you'd be getting married..." his voice trailed off into a chuckle. "But I couldn't think of a more perfect husband for you. I don't know Aryian that well, but I look forward to getting to know him more."

He was extremely happy for his friend. He and Armiena had a long history together. Ever since they were hopefuls together, they had been friends. Darex was glad that she could have this happiness in her life. The Alderaainan woman certainly deserved it.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Talon let Kirlocca speak. And then he gently smiled.

”œKirlocca, I did what I did because I saw a friend in need. I noticed before your capture that you were confused about certain things, and I wasn't sure if you could handle an Imperial prison. They would have either broken you or executed you for some crime you did not commit.”

Character Sheet

Shyriiwook: "Thank you for understanding Talon."

Kirlocca looked up for a berief second before bringing his attention back to Talon.

Shyriiwook: "I did find what I was looking for on Kashyyyk."

Kirlocca paused as if to sort out what he remembered. After a few seconds of not speaking, he spoke up again.

Shyriiwook: "I want to thank you for all you have done for me master. I truly owe you a life debt for all you have done for me."

Aryian was happy that Kirlocca understood, even if Aryian didn't completely understand Kirlocca. The things Wookiees do...it confused him to no end, but he still respected and cared for the big fuzzball.

He was then approached by Onderin's Holo, whom Aryian was glad to see, mainly because he didn't know if that little message got through or not. Regardless, they had business to talk about.

"I'm sorry we can't do this on Gala, in person. I would have preferred that, but hey, we all had to come here, right? Anyways, I'm going to attempt to revive an old sect of the Jedi Order, and I'm going to need the Alliance's help in doing it. This involves about three consctruction elements, and when finished it'll bring the Jedi and the Alliance closer than they've ever been before in tandem cooperation.I'm sending my thoughts to you...now."

Again he connected with the Blur's computers to bounce a high-beam transmission directly back at Onderin's projector. Onderin, on the other side, would see a mass of information begin to pour across his screen into his computer banks, encasing itself in a special file sealed with Jedi codes. If all went well, only Onderin should have known how to open the thing, since he was the only real Jedi there.

((Basically everything in the PMs was sent))

He also extended his mind towards Jedi Master Nom Anorus, telepathically speaking with him.

Nom, I had an idea I think you'll rather like, and I want you to be my right-hand man on this...

Again, Aryian sent all his thoughts telepathically to Nom, awaiting his answer. After he was finished, he kept monitoring Nom's thoughts in case the Jedi Master would try to respond, but Aryian also began casually walking back to Armiena with Onderin.

Blz1mwg.png

((LOL...give me permission to begin preliminary construction...etc...'we'll see where it goes from there'...XDD))

"Of course. If you'd like, I can begin leading and commanding the construction crews as soon as you want, near immediately if possible, as I have a nifty comm relay system."

Aryian kept walking with Onderin, nearing his bride-to be. So many of the Masters were happy at this turn of events, it was amazing. Aryian was genuinely glad he had asked her in the first place because of this...and he was sure he'd find tons more reasons later.

Blz1mwg.png

Ara blushed as the others began reacting to the news. She stepped away from the happy couple, bowing slightly before moving off to the side of the group that had assembled. She had always been a fan of weddings, and not just because she was female--it had quite a bit to do with the fact that her own wedding had been rushed, quiet, and entirely too long ago, as well as the fact that her husband had since left the realm of the living...

That only reminded her of the day her husband had left her. They had barely kissed, and hadn't seen each other for years, when his spirit appeared to her back on the Coruscant temple. He had told her to seek love, and disappeared, leaving her to sob in her room. Her cheeks reddened further as she recalled the incident with Andon that had followed, and the mistake she had made at the funeral later. That was the last of the good times, the old times, that she could remember. She didn't even know where Andon was, now, and he was the only one who even knew that she had been married.

She glanced over to Talon, who was discussing something with Kirlocca. He was her only connection to the old days, to the days before her spirit had been burdened by Faust. Those were the days before her scars, before the mark on her forehead.

Ara sighed. She missed her friends, and even with the happiness around her, it just didn't feel the same. Ara contemplated asking if Talon had seen Andon recently, or simply just talking to Talon about the old days, but he seemed busy, so she just sat for a moment to regain herself.

No use getting emotional about things one cannot change...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

The next few seconds were something of a blur to Armiena Draygo, although she would have privately confessed that she enjoyed them immensely. The Jedi Master was taken slightly off balance at the revelation that Ara's sword was capable of singing”¦ then nearly knocked off her feet when the Jedi Master unexpectedly jumped into her and dragged Armiena and her fiancé into a group hug.

For the next minute or so, she was faintly aware of receiving and gratefully accepting congratulations from the congregated Jedi Masters. She lifted her hand so Skye could more easily inspect her engagement ring, then found that Nom Anorus had chosen to shake her other hand”¦ Jedi Masters she barely knew as well as old friends crowded around her, and she was overwhelmed for the moment, unable to do much but accept their congratulations, offer grateful comments, and grin like a fool.

So”¦ it was to Gala to convene with the rest of the Jedi Order, then to Phu to make last-minute additions to the base and attend to any pressing business from her fellow Jedi, then”¦ who knew what direction the Order would be heading in?

One thing was for certain: between the mountain of minor disputes she would probably have to conclude, the civil war that was mercifully silent for the moment, and a wedding to plan””Armiena still needed to tell her mother about their engagement, she realized with a slightly guilty pang””it would probably be a long time before she could even catch her breath.

”œMeeting adjourned?”

drayyy.png

((I have to be the respectable one, remember? I can't rush into decisions OOC or IC.))

Onderin nodded. "You seem to be pretty set on my agreement," he said with a slight smile. "I'll tell you what. You're probably right--I'm probably going to agree. So you can go ahead and start the preliminary construction, get some things set up, and I'll take a little time to review this in more detail once the meeting on Gala ends.

"In fact, I'll go ahead and start now. I'll see you on Gala."

With that, the holographic representation of the Admiral winked out of existance.

3C12kbA.png

"Scorpio, I'll come find you after the meeting. We can head over to Gala together..."

"Alright.....See you then Master" Scorpio said as he started to procedure to enter the planet's atmosphere and land. As he entered the planet's atmosphere, he viewed a beautiful, but rough looking planet. He made a soft and subtle landing not very far from where Master Nom and the others were located. He opened the cockpit, and slid off the LAF-250 onto the ground, landing softly on his feet. He stood there by his ship, waiting for Master Nom.

Stephen rolled with the Force wave, his body turning as he rolled so that he could easily leapt to his feet. As he leapt to his feet he opened his mind up completely to the Force. He saw the attack coming at his chest and moved his sabre to intercept it. He twisted his blade around so that her attack went out to her left. He was careful to keep his mind and face blank as he began to give ground to her.

He knew that there was a wall behind him that he could put to use and so he continued to fall back from before her attack, his blade always intercepting her blade. Finally he neared the wall which he knew quite well, it had been the site of his first duel with Damon. He set his back to the wall and knew that it would cover two sides of him.

"I always am thinking Sith."

A small tickle in the back of his neck caused him to moved his sabre to the left and block her sabre. He pressed his sabre against her sabre, raising his left arm to lock her arm in place. He began to push her backward using the wall as a brace in the lock. However it wasnt the lock that he wanted, so at the last moment he broke the lock and dove to the left. He rolled back to his feet and moved to put her arm in an armbar.

((Edited to fix my mistake of posting Kia's actions))

Edited by Guest

"Very well. I await your final descision."

Aryian turned away as Onderin's holo disappeared. He was probably right about thinking on the matter a little, even still, Aryian wanted to get the move on this as soon as possible. The faster they got to business, the better.

Aryian left two comm messages on Damon and Stephen's comm units, they would recieve the messages whenever they were finished with what they were doing, and he also sent another message to a Jedi he had heard about, a Mandalorian. He would definitely be useful in Aryian's new ideas. He sent an identitcal comm to John Hartel, as well as someone he had recently build a Corvette for. He could use Brad Warren's fiery passion in this new project.

Which left Nom Anorus. He was still talking with a few other Masters when Aryian got to Armiena, so Aryian had the Blur send him a comm outlining instructions to contact Aryian if he was interested. He reached Armiena, grabbing her from behind and wrapping his arms around her, resting his chin on her left shoulder.

"Darling, I'm sorry...but I'm going to be out of touch for a bit, setting up something with the Alliance, and I'm taking a few Jedi with me. I had some ideas about resurrecting an old Department the Order used to have under new training and new laws...but hey, in my book, you always come first. If you need to find me, the Ghost Breath will know where to look. And...I understand I have some family to meet when I get back. Don't worry...I'm looking forwards to it. I love you..."

With that, Aryian kissed her on the cheek, let her go and headed for his ship. Noting Orsi wasn't there...he shrugged, and took off. In time, Orsi would find Aryian again if he really wanted to complete his training.

Blz1mwg.png

Their blades clashed again as he blocked her strike, Kira noticing him now keeping his mind guarded, along with his expressions. She took in the surroundings, noticing how he was heading towards the wall. His comment was met with an answer of

"So am I"

Kira knew that Damon would prevent Stephen from coming to harm, also that she was not to go easy on him, along with other instructions for the duel. As he neared the wall, she drew the Force, manipulating the wall behind him, loosening it. He blocked her saber again, pushing her backwards in a lock. When he broke the lock and rolled, she leapt back in the other direction so she wasn't where he thought she'd be when he ended up back on his feet.

Kira knew the sith used all kinds of distractions during battles, had been the recipient of it many times in the past. For this duel, to make it as realistic as possible for the padawan, she now brought small pieces of rubble down on him from the wall, nothing large enough to cause any serious injury, though if any got through his defenses they would graze his skin.

She held herself back with her blade again at the ready while she brought down the rubble around him.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

((Assuming no one has urgent business”¦ otherwise, just chat me up on Gala.))

It appeared that the convened Jedi Masters were ready to leave for Gala, judging from their silence. Armiena began to leave for her ship, only to be caught in mid-step by her fiancé, his arms wrapped around her waist, chin on her shoulder. The Jedi Grandmaster showed no signs of embarrassment when she received the kiss on her cheek, nor annoyance at the news of the temporary separation”¦ just contentment in the knowledge that their separation was just that; only temporary.

”œHurry back, if you can. We have a lot to planning to do. Until then”¦”

drayyy.png

Talon was almost surprised: at first, he was not even sure if he had heard Kirlocca correctly”¦ His Shryiiwook was not exactly excellent. A life debt was a serious obligation to be offered by a Wookie, and it was not handed out at leisure.

”œYou honor me, Kirlocca. But I did merely what any good Jedi, or even friend, would do. There is nothing to be repaid.”

Character Sheet