Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

"Splendid, most excellent Xae. I am not even sure I was able to do so much my first time. I think it rolled over actually." John laughed for a bit and then turned back to Xae and sat next to her.

"Let the force flow through you like a raging but tame river. And allow it to extend your arms over there to that rock. and pick it up. Everything in the force is like a computer network. Each thing is linked to one another. All you must do is find that proper link like so."

Hartel was still looking at Xae but the rock instantaneously rose a good 4 feet off the ground and was in perfect hover before it was gently laid back down.

"Don't over-complicate it with thought, this must be felt through your soul, not your brain."

Xae nodded and prepared herself to try again. As she recentered herself, she began to feel a power flow through her, gradually picking up speed and momentum. She'd never felt anything like it and it was exhilarating. A sense of pure joy enveloped her and she gently reached out for the stone, lifting it nearly a foot this time, allowing the stone to hover for a moment as she opened her eyes. A broad smile spread across her face, and her eyes shone a bright blue as she continued to allow the feeling to envelop her as she gently lowered the stone to its resting place. She'd done it! ”œI guess all those years of meditation practice have helped”¦”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

"Very much so." said Hartel nodding his head in approval and grabbing a canteen beside him.

"Drink up, you are sweating alot after that exercise. I think there is a nice little area to bathe over in the trees. Why don't you go wash up unless you want to go on to something else?"

Xae nodded as she took the canteen, ”œThat's a good idea. As the second sun rises, it will definitely be a hot day.”

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Hartel was in wonderment with his padawan. As she emerged from her ship with a change of clothes that much better suited her Hartel could not deny her beauty. The way the cloth tugged at her hips accentuating them to show the universe she was a woman made the Mandalorian for a mere moment long for her but then his professional mind caught hold and he stopped himself from such selfish thoughts. Selfishness leads to the dark side. He cannot have any tinge upon his soul. When she left John just looked to her R2 unit which was probably keeping an even closer eye on him after his awe at her a few moments earlier.

Deciding now was an opportune time the Mandalorian moved into the forest as well carrying all the supplies they had left out and the R2 unit in tow.

"R2, I am afraid you are going to need to become used to my presence. I am not here to harm Xae nor inflict heart break upon her. I am her to train her in the ways of the Force so that she might be able to face her destiny." said Hartel walking through the forest pulling out his saber with the force and using it to clear any foliage in their way to a cave a bit out of view of the caves. Xae deserved privacy. It would be horrible if John was to see her naked, leaving a sort of tension in the air for the rest of this Master/Padawan relationship.

"I want us to count on each other R2. I have a bit of experience in repair and computers so if you ever need a tune up do not be afraid to ask."

They had found one of the caves near a small pool of water not spectacular but still an oasis in this desolate land. About 300 ft away John could see a waterfall and the edge of a larger pool of water. This must be where Xae is. Deciding it was best John decide to commune with her through the force.

"I have set up camp in a cave 300 ft to the east of the eastern bay of your small oasis. I'm going to come into the oasis as well. The trip was long here and I could use a bit of a bathing myself."

John knew she would understand what he had done and perhaps strike a chord in her imagination for their next lesson. Approaching the oasis Hartel stopped in his tracks at the sight of Xae. It had become too apparent that her beauty was quickly becoming unfair. She was a finer breed of being indeed and the less clothes she wore the more Hartel grew attracted to her body. John quickly picked himself up together again only after Xae had caught him staring ab it at her voluptuousness. Hartel took off his armor, not something he would do on a normal basis in the open area but around Xae he felt safe enough to expose himself. His athletic physique was wildly appealing with enough muscle to define but not to make him some sort of man - tank hybrid. They were approachable and not intimidating to a lady. He stripped down to a pair of boxer shorts he had underneath his armor and dipped into the pool treading water as he did so.

"Wow....this is heaven." said Hartel looking to Xae, "don't you think?"

R2 chortled begrudgingly to the Jedi Knight, agreeing to at least tolerate his presence for now, and added a series of beeps, burbles and whistles warning the Jedi to stick to his word. Inwardly the little droid considered the offer for a tune up. Xae-Lin hadn't really learned much about the upkeep of astromech droids.

Xae-Lin heard her master's voice in her head, but since she hadn't been taught how to send messages telepathically yet, so she couldn't respond. She wondered why he'd moved camp though, and she definitely wasn't comfortable about leaving the Redemption either. To her, the Redemption was home and the place from where she marked the real beginning of her life.

She swam up to the edge of the underwater drop off and waited for Hartel to come around the corner as she sunned herself in the shallower water. She was about to ask how he was planning to bathe in his armor, when he began to remove it himself. She noticed, as the armor was removed, that like her, his usual attire camouflaged his true form. To her, Xae's customary brown over tunic helped hide how truly lithe and toned her body was, making it easy for others to underestimate her power and abilities. Many a bar fight had been started by some half-drunk comment about how small and helpless she was, it was she who had often thrown the first punch! It was also her way of protecting herself, like how Hartel's armor protected him.

She wasn't sure what she'd expected to see under all of the armor, but she knew that Hartel's true physique was very pleasing to behold. She smiled at him, as an unfamiliar sensation filled her stomach and her heart race.

The young woman tried calm herself as she swam back out in to the deeper waters. Suddenly she felt very self-conscious of the scars and markings that marred her back and she felt that the thought process was odd, because she'd never really cared to much about it before. The young woman remained unaware of how John Hartel was seeing her because no one had ever really looked at her that way before.

It took her a few moments before she could formulate a response to his simple question. ”œI love this spot. It's much easier for me to attune here.”

psvBwny.jpg

John smiled and reflected upon the memories of his past. He was 11 years old when he made his first set of armor for himself. His mother protested he was too young to even think of fighting in an area where armor was necessary and his father was bringing him supplies. A sound chuckle filled John at the very thought of that situation. Hartel's mother was a beautiful woman who when furious could strike fear in any man. Except Hartel's father who idly ignored her when she went into rants in a comical fashion.

"I made my first armor when I was 11 years of age. It is a little under the traditional 13 year mark when boys begin their first set of armor but I had mine done when I was 11 wit the guidance of my father. He remarked that I am not yet a man until I make it without anyones help. Lo and behold when i was 13 the armor no longer fit so I drafted a new one and set myself out to work after I returned home from the Academy. I was then a man and have been since.

"I can tell you are interested in my people very much Xae, so ask anything you like. I have all the answers."

Hartel finished his sentence and then using the power of the force guided a strem of the water fall to fall upon his face giving ti a good washing.

Dathomir. The one planet Hartel had long avoided and for good reason. The thought of the place was uncomfortable but also refreshing as he knew there was a Dathomiri here. The mandalorian sat up and began to tell his tale.

"An expedition went to Dathomir after we were called upon by a group of Imperials wehn I was 17. My uncle and a man named Rekkan came with us. Dathomir was a beautiful place with a haunting aura but we chose to continue through with it anyways. When we arrived however the Imperials gave us a landing zone in the midst of Nightsister territory my friend was killed by a lightwhip and my uncle devoured by a rancor. I was lucky enough to have made it back to the ship and get on home."

John looked down a bit gaunt but still more than ready to answer any more questions.

Xae-Lin's face saddened, and she reached out, placing a delicate hand on the man's shoulder. ”œDo you remember any major geological features of the area you landed in?”

psvBwny.jpg

Hartel closed his eyes trying to search his memories of that day.

"No. I can't but I remember the faces and how I felt around those nightsisters I do remember and,"he said looking up to her his Green eyes sparkling with specks of sadness and happiness,"they were nothing like you."

Xae-Lin smiled as she brought her hand back down to her side. ”œEven as a young child, no matter how much they tried to indoctrinate me, I refused to even practice the chanting and rituals because I inwardly knew that our use of the magic was wrong and perverse. I only had to look at my mother's pale skin and blood-shot eyes to see the truth for myself.”

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

John listened intently to each word Xae had to offer him. She indeed had an extreme past and he now knew why those scars on her back existed. He felt sorrow for her and rage at the Dathomiri for a split second. It was his job to protect her.

You are taking it too far John, she is not your lover, you can't be vicious towards her past, but respect her for it and help her defend her future.

John thought to himself to calm down and straighten his thoughts and then began to backstroke about when Xae made another inquiry.

"Absolutely Xae."

Xae watched the handsome man swim about, admiring the grace in which he moved through the water. She could feel his strength, and found it greatly reassuring. ”œAre most Mandalorians like you? I mean, you have this sense of honor and nobility about you, and I'm not referring to your title. That can't be said for the Nightsisters. I would likely be dead or worse by now if it hadn't been for Kyp.”

psvBwny.jpg

"I am most sorry to hear of your pain. I swear that I will never let them harm you again."

Without an thought of the moment the Mandalorian embraced Xae in a hug holding her close not only for her security but a little for his own. And then his eyes popped open looked down to the girl he now held in his arms and then promptly released almost as quickly as he had held on to her looking away determinedly.

"And no, most Mandalorians aren't like me, most have become mercenaries for hire and it frankly makes me sad to what my people stoop. this is the 4th time in our history we have been split across the galaxy. Someday I am going to have to reunite us like Mandalore's of the past."

Hartel was blushing and he was a bit ashamed to show his attraction to Xae straight to her face. He was doing his best to hide his feelings for her from her and doing a horrible job at it. How was this apprenticeship going to work if he got tangled in with romantic feelings? for now he could dwell on nothing else and awaited Xae to speak as he splashed water about his chest and underarms.

Xae rested herself comfortably against his strong body, feeling a sense of peace and at the same time a rush of joy as he held her close. Then, just as quickly, he seemed to push her away, leaving the young woman more than a little confused, especially with the return of that unidentified sensation she felt when she'd seen the Knight without his armor. She didn't sense that she'd done anything wrong. ”œIt seems that neither of us conforms with the general consensus as far as our respective cultures go,”

psvBwny.jpg

On cue the Mandalorian exited the water as well, his boxers now all wet not leaving much to the imagination but at the time he didn't notice and luckily didn't harbor any stares that he noticed as he shook his hair to get most of the wetness out of it. He looked to Xae to see her turn a little slightly from looking directly at him and he smiled and sat beside her.

Her warmth was overwhelming, not only in life but in the force, she was special, there was something about her, she had an effect on John that no other being has ever had. It was indescribable so Hartel just decided to focus on her.

"I am more than glad to be your friend Xae. And your mentor."

He lifted a rock near the bank and skipped it on the small lake with ease.

"Do you want to learn that next?"

Xae looked in to his green eyes, as a mischievous glint sparkled in her own as she squeezed the water from her hair over the grass, ”œHow to skip rocks?”

psvBwny.jpg

Hearing his praise and being close to him brought back the odd feeling for a third time. Xae could almost swear that she felt the force stronger with him near her. Then again, perhaps Jedi were stronger in groups rather than by themselves alone. Perhaps that was something that Kyp hadn't realized when he'd run to a self-imposed exile on Dathomir.

Drawing on this new realization Xae tapped into that power and reached out, finding the rock along the lakebed. She used the power boost to pull the rock to the surface, but as the small stone broke the surface of the water it sped towards the Padawan. Even in her surprise, she caught it in her hand, not even wincing as one of the raw edges nicked her palm slightly, raising a small, thin line of blood to the surface. She looked at John and shrugged. ”œI guess there is such a thing as to much power,”

psvBwny.jpg

John rushed to her said and took out her hand and held it gently in his.

"Are you ok? My former master taught me a technique, it may take a few minutes but it will work."

Focusing all his feelings toward Xae on her wound to even Hartel's surprise it seemed to vanish instantaneously. He had learned to heal minor wounds from master Nadio but this was remarkable pacing. He looked up to Xae and smiled not releasing her hand from his but instead holding it firm, and close to him.

"I..uh...well..."

He stopped talking and just looked into her eyes attempting to read what she desired what was going through hers as he ran his fingers along her hand. The next move was hers to make and John wondered what that might be.

Xae raised an eyebrow at his enthusiasm, ”œJohn, really it's not that big ”“”œ she stopped as he took her hand. Her faced reddened a little at his light touch. Her gaze fell on his strong hands as she watched the small wound close before her eyes, something fairly similar to what she'd seen minor healers among the Great Canyon Clan. She rested her other hand on top of his as she observed, ”œBut you didn't have to use the chants?”

psvBwny.jpg

"The force Xae can lead those who know and use it to many different abilities. The dark side is tainted by hatred and contortions of nature, the light however, is pure, cleansing all wounds, healing all sins. What I used was a skill my master taught me to heal minor injuries I would sustain in my time as a Jedi Guardian. In time when you become more force adept you will to."

John lifted up her hand an examined its smooth surface with serene eyes.

"Still, it is better to be safe than sorry, I do not want my padawan to not be able to fight to her fullest should we be needed." John sat up and offered his hand to her.

"Do you need me to lift you to camp?"

Xae-Lin looked at her hand, there wasn't even any sort of sign that it had been cut. ”œSo in a sense, not all dark force users are completely evil since the Nightsisters would heal me occasionally. So it's up to the person, no matter how corrupted by the dark side they may be, there is still a path to the light from even the darkest of Sith?”

psvBwny.jpg

John looked to her as she explained her reasoning.

"I don't believe your Nightsisters had good intentions. They only healed you to increase your suffering. By doing so it allowed them to derive more sadistic pleasure it peeling the skin from your back."

Hartel stood with Xae, his height just towering hers to a point that his chin could have easily nuzzled her forehead. He moved closer to her watching her dress herself inside the alluring wrap. He too blushed at the sight of her blushing and went to the side of the lake. Without warning he grabbed his armor and sped back to camp and was back before Xae moved 20 ft in the direction he had headed. Without warning the Jedi Knight scooped up his apprentice appreciating her body in his arms, the softness of her legs and the womanly curves about her.

"I can make it back 10x faster than you could on your own."

He dashed off the force carrying his feet to extraordinary levels and in a matter of moments they had both arrived to a screeching R2 unit who protested any physical contact. John looked down and smiled her face so close to his, he cradled her into his arms and he had delight in his eyes in doing so. he wanted to kiss her, but he didn't want to jeopardize her training. He only looked into her eyes and allowed her decide if she wanted to take that step.

Xae's hand flew to her knife in reflex, but she stopped as she realized whose arms in which she as cradled. She held tightly to him as he sped through the forest, so lost was she in the coolness of the armor and the simple act of being held by this handsome man, that she didn't register R2's alarmed and indignant exclamations at first. She met John's eyes with her own sparkling blue, feeling a connection there that she'd never felt before with anyone. Her face moved closer to his, but instead of kissing him she nuzzled her head against his chest and blushing once more. Was that the Force she felt flowing through her, or was it something else, something equally as wonderful?

R2 beeped at the pair, mainly the Jedi Knight, this time more insistently. He didn't like where the connection between the two of them was headed. It was not a safe place for either to go unless they were extremely, extremely careful. He was glad that Xae appeared to be happy after a long time of being isolated while dealing with her abandonment, but he still wasn't sure about the kind of master that behaved this way towards his apprentice.

psvBwny.jpg

Half a planet away from other happenings...

It is not yet your time... you must awaken.

The harsh static crack of lightning split the night sky, temporarily illuminating the grotto. Kyp found himself amidst the scattered wreckage of a Lambda-class shuttle, with no memory of how he had arrived in such a predicament. He tried to sit up, to survey his surroundings further, but immediately collapsed from an insurmountable pain coursing between his temples. Blackness enveloped him as he relapsed into the realm of unconsciousness...

There was nothing that could have prepared John for any reaction Xae could have given him and the one she chose brought a new burst of warmth to Hartel's soul. He was thrilled at the moment and his heart felt as if it were about to pound through his chest. Some of the nervousness began to get to him and his body quivered in happiness for a little bit. He held her closer for a second tightly and then lowered her onto the ground so she could sit comfortably.

"Would yo like to go on a run with me?"