Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Xae nodded as their sabers clashed again and then she jumped back to better gauge her master's movements.

After a few seconds, she charged forward, though still on the defensive, to meet Hartel. His blade easily met her downward slash and deflected it to his right, just what she'd been hoping for as she allowed the momentum of the swing to carry the blade around behind her.

As she rolled her wrist to complete the maneuver, she took a step towards her master, who ducked and rolled to avoid her sword as she stepped behind him.

She did her best not to let herself get too frustrated, that would only make her make stupid mistakes.

Xae-Lin's eyes shone a deep navy blue as she slid her back foot around, so that she was square with her master as he gained his footing and lunged forward his blade aiming for her exposed stomach.

She'd seen the move coming and swung her lightsaber down, deflecting the tip and followed through with the movement as she rolled herself along his arm, so that they wound up back to back. As he leaned down to spin out of the block she used her off-hand to push herself away from John, setting him slightly off balance while she landed gingerly on her feet.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

John was proud of Xae for her daring in this duel. Not many padawan's would be able to do so well under the rigorous training Hartel had put Xae under. But she matched his slow moves so it was time to step it up. John took his Form V and transferred into the preferred Form VII Vaapad. This move was quick with solid movements, but in order to use it one had to have to come relatively close to the Dark Side. Hartel had been in the dangers of the Dark and was resolved not to be there again. Moving quickly he was determined to make this duel harder for Xae. She was getting better but he had to test her will.

In a matter of moments the Jedi night was quickly making any move his padawan made futile and suddenly the Jedi had knocked the saber out of her hand and put the saber close enough to her that she fell backward on the forest floor. Deactivating both John placed them on his belt he walked forward.

"Oh, I tripped."

He fell down next to Xae with his arm propping up his head. He had a bit of sweat in his hair but other than that he looked like he did at any other moment. He put his hand on Xae's and cradled it gently.

"You did great Xae."

John was in awe at her eyes. He knew how they changed colors nearly as much as a mood ring but this color was most intriguing. John couldn't stop looking into them, he could see himself in them, and not by himself but with Xae. He could see their future together, he holding her hands as they had their first child. Their wedding. And their first kiss.

That first kiss was here! Now!

With the self assurance of his premonition John took his gloves off and put them in a satchel all the while not taking his gaze off of her bright blue eyes, serene and diamond like. He took his bare hand and placed it upon her cheek and brushed the hair out of her face staring her in the eyes all the while. He leaned in toward her sitting up so they were at equal height and he began to purse his lips and clothes his eyes. His nose brushed heres and their hair began to come together, John could feel her breathe, could feel the passion.

At long last their lips came together and the feeling was amazing. She was soft yet firm as he kissed her, Then feeling sent shockwaves of pleasure and happiness throughout his body and he released the kiss feeling her breath on his lips and he opened his eyes gazing into hers attempting to read what she was feeling.

Instinctively, she leaned forward to meet him, her eyes slowly closing as his lips met hers. She, too, felt the shock of electricity as he kissed her, and as he gently pulled away she watched he smooth deep rise and fall of his chest. Surely it echoed her own. Her eyes glowed a brighter blue as she looked down for a moment, then leaned back towards him, letting their lips brush once more. Slowly she pulled away, almost reluctant to do so. Her expression was one of serene happiness, despite the slight blush that held in her cheeks.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

John kissed her one more time, but this one was more of a peck rather than the passionate one from before. He smiled to and a rosiness overtook his cheeks. He smiled and buried his face in her neck, and gave it a peck too before he picked Xae up again.

"It is getting dark Xae, I think we might need a bit of sleep."

With that he soared into the air and ran across the tree canopy holding his lady close to him.

When they got to the cave Hartel set down on the ground with ease and set Xae down inside the cave where Hartel had set her up a nice bed adjacent to his. R2 was still off so the screaming objections of before were gone and Hartel had little to worry about.

"Do you need me to leave so you can change into your bed clothes?"

She nodded, as she cast a bemused look towards the small droid. Eventually the two of them would have to face the astromech droid and his admonishing dialogue. ”œJohn,”

psvBwny.jpg

"Perhaps," said John as he came close to Xae again moving her hair which had once more blocked those piercing eyes of hers, "but if he were awake it would stop us from doing what we should be."

John kissed Xae again but this time deeper than before, it felt so nice to finally have her how he had longed for her all day and his heart burst in passion. He wrapped his arms around her, one cradling her lower back and another hold her on the back of her head as he kissed her deeper and deeper. He couldn't break the connection, he was about to burst with emotions.

What could have come over him to cause this? Love at first sight? Perhaps. Hartel was attracted to Xae the moment he met her and he may be in love with her. But what is love? He did not know, it was something unfamiliar to him. He would not be in love yet, it was too soon. He would wait until the time was right.

He broke off the kiss and looked into Xae's eyes, his glowing its green in a way only passion can show. His eyes surely conveyed his love for Xae and his lips his lust. He did not let go of her but just gazed. Waiting.

Xae-Lin could feel the energy in his kiss, as well as the passion and the love, the desire as well. She wasn't sure how she felt about all the emotions that swirled about between the two of them, all of them mutual, but she wasn't sure that she was ready to handle all of them. The energy between them felt too fierce, more than she was able to handle without feeling a little light-headed. The same emotions that she saw in him were easily echoed , swirling and mingling in her own.

She smiled as she turned to go back into the recesses of the cave to change. She wasn't sure how Hartel had known the access code to the Redemption, but she was grateful that he'd brought her things along.

As she pulled her long-sleeved, knee-length, homespun, tunic over her head, she looked down at the bed that Hartel had set up for her, and wondered how well she'd sleep on a bed other than the one she'd slept in every night for the past five and a half years.

Xae-Lin called for John as she folded her clothes and laid them on an out cropping of rock.

psvBwny.jpg

John, moved down the cave as he heard Xae's call. She had resumed her traditional wear from the first day he met her and looked 10 times more attractive than that day. John smiled and showed himself of to Xae. He was not wearing his armor.

"I trust you enough to keep it off for tonight."

The young woman laughed, ”œThank you. It's nice to know that you trust me, especially after that kiss we just shared,”

psvBwny.jpg

"My favorite story...hmmm," murmured John as he climbed on his own bed facing Xae with the utmost longing, "That would have to be the story of Mandalore the Ultimate, the last true Mandalorian, a Taung, the species that once inhabited Coruscant and moved to Mandalore a planet named after the clan leader. Anyways, Mandalore the ultimate was the last Taung alive and he claimed the title of Mandalore the Ultimate and it was he who started the Mandalorian wars 4,000 years ago. He set the Republic in a fleeing frenzy and defeated planet after planet hoping to entice the Jedi to battle them for it would be honorable to fight the greatest warriors.

"He began to conquer the outer rim with ease and the a Jedi Knight named Revan came to the Republics aid an d began an offensive campaign. He along with his followers began to push the Mandalorians back but Mandalore himself was not so easy. He slaughtered many Jedi at Dxun, Dantooine, and Onderon. He was our greatest leader ever and brought many Mandalorians to honorable ends.

"In the end, Mandalore faced off one on one against the Jedi Revan fighting for hours until Revan killed him. After that of course Revan fell to the dark side and proceeded to cause the Sith Wars but it was Mandalore who last brought the Mandalorian to a race of feared beings, a feared nation. I hope one day to upbring the Mandalorians as well."

Somewhere during the middle of his tale, Xae-Lin's eyes had close and she'd fallen asleep. It had been a strenuous day, and she hadn't realized how tired she really was until she'd finally laid down.

With in no time at all, a dream came to her”¦

~*~*~*~ DREAM ~*~*~*~

It was dark, Xae-Lin realized, as she floated in nothingness. Images of fire, destruction, and chaos assaulted her senses. A figure floated through the wreckage of a ship, just beyond her reach.

She called out to it. No answer.

She tried to follow it, but it ran.

Xae-Lin broke into a force run to catch up, only to find her self falling towards the planet below”¦

She screamed as the ground rushed up to meet her.

~*~*~*~ END ~*~*~*~

The young woman bolted awake several hours later, shaking, startled and gasping for breath.

psvBwny.jpg

John was already awake preparing his armor and such for the days work ahead of them when he heard Xae screech to an awake. John rushed over to her so fast that if looking closely his clothes came back on him afterwards. He was behind her holding her shoulder and side and keeping her close to him.

"Xae, what is it? What happened?" he said perhaps a little too much in a tone considering paranoia.

She calmed down a little bit as John held her, but she was still shaking. She was still half-way trapped in the dream, as she responded in her native dialect and demonstrative hand gestures, describing her dream to the Jedi Knight.

When she was finished she closed her eyes tightly and buried her head in Hartel's chest, just wanting to shake the dream.

psvBwny.jpg

"Its ok sweetheart, its ok, just hold on to me, everything is safe now."

He held on to her thinking of the dream. Was it her mother? Her past? Her Future? Or possibly Kyp. A feeling in the force made the last one dwell longer on him. The force seemed to be telling him that's who it was but bringing up her old master would only harbor bad feelings for her.

"Lets get some breakfast darling, and then we can go and practice some more."

Sitting up John grabbed her some of the fish he had caught earlier on the southern side of the planet. R2, who John had awoken and had a little personality tune up with, was more accepting of the Jedi Knight and Xae's relationship.

"R2 cooked us up some fish, I think he has taken a better liking to the idea of us."

John looked at the anguish on Xae's face and looked to R2.

"I only gave him a clean up, told him the truth of how I feel toward you and did a bit of rewiring because his wheel wasn't rolling correctly, after that he has been quite my little helper, still isn't a fan of Public Displays of Affection."

John leaned forward to embrace Xae but before he Could R2 made a whirl of noise.

"See, same ol R2. But other than him being a shiny little guy with a better wheel and a likeness for me he is the same. He even helped me get into the Redemption this morning so I didn't have to use the force to unlock it. I felt weird on there but I got the cooking supplies back here."

John came up next to Xae and set down her food taking her hand in his own.

"Tell me whats bothering you, I can't train you if your mind isn't clear. I can't fall for you if you fail to trust me." said John with a watery look about his eyes, her having that hated glare upon him hurt him very deeply inside. R@ was in the back in whirred for a moment but then stopped when he saw what John was doing and did his own thing for a bit.

"Please sweetheart. I want to be there for you always. I want to protect you from any incursion. Let me help you here."

Xae-Lin sighed and met his eyes a she squeezed his hand reassuringly, ”œThat's part of the problem”¦I don't want to be protected or sheltered. I don't need to be. I have faced past trials and come out stronger”¦John”¦I- I don't like being vulnerable”¦”

psvBwny.jpg

"Well lets finish up our food and then we can begin training, perhaps so further delving into the force will allow you to procure the necessary ability to put your mind at ease."

John sat down back to where R2 was. Watching Xae intently he ate the remainder of his fish and put his Mandalorian Armor back on. This time he unfurled the cloak that was attached to his armor to give himself the regal and more Jedi look he required. The armor also had a few other robes about it now too, they had to be washed before which is why they weren't present. He looked at himself in the nearby pool of water and liked his own reflection. He brushed his hair back and moved to Xae again.

"I think we are ready for the next lesson in our training? Are you ready?"

Xae-Lin stood, as she watched her master put his armor on, ”œOnce my mind is clear, Do you think you could teach me how to communicate through the force?”

psvBwny.jpg

"It is quite simple really Xae, Like i told you before using the force is an extension of your being, much like a computer connecting to different things. To make force communication you must treat these connections like you would with two cans and a piece of string. Speak in your mind but send that voice to the other through that connection."

John sat there awaiting some flicker in the force in her reply to his telepathic message.

The young woman tried to shake the last few impressions of the dream, or at least still her mind from the tumult it caused. As much as she tried she couldn't keep her mind clear, so she walked around behind Hartel and put her arms around his chest and rested her head on his shoulder as she knelt behind him. She found it a little easier to clear her mind with the physical contact with her master.

With each deep breath she took, she pictured a part of the dream and the feelings and emotions it held, and released it with each exhale. She didn't realize that she was actually sending the images and emotional impressions of the dream to John; Xae-Lin was just trying to clear her mind.

psvBwny.jpg

The images processed by John were more harmful to his being than her retelling them in verse. The coldness of the fire and the darkness of the figure sent chills down Hartel's spine, perhaps in guilt of his own past. But he also felt a feeling of apprehension and death, guilt but not similar to the one he felt. It must be Xae's own personal feelings toward the dream. Toward being with Hartel.

"Focus, Xae. you have great power, you must only comprehend it. Try again. Talk to me."

The young woman lifted her head from his shoulder, surprised to actually have gotten a response. ”œThat was easier than I thought it would be”¦I wasn't even trying that hard.”

psvBwny.jpg

Hartel had to gather each of Xae's unending questions in succession. Many of these things he knew definite answers to, others were based on his own speculations. As her master though she deserved any information he could give her so anything he had, any thought deserved to be hers.

"It is very possible to send things other than messages through the force, for example, only a few moments ago I saw your dream, your thoughts dwelled on it. I also felt your emotions toward the dream. These two things are only possible to be transmitted through a strong force bond, not something two everyday Jedi can do with one another. So I can read your thoughts but only if you let me. I am sure that if I trenched a bit further in my power I could break through your mind barriers and fins answers I want, but such is of the dark side, or at least I believe it to be.

"This link can go quite far too Xae. I have heard of instances where force bonds, probably much stronger than ours, can feel each others pain and agony. If one had their hand cut off the other, even if miles away, would cripple in the pain that they to had the same thing happen. But they can also share each other's power and thus when the two are together they are practically invincible.

"This is all my own opinion of course."

Hartel stopped sending force messages and looked to Xae.

"I think before we can move on any further we must find a path for you to follow. I am sure you have heard of the Four Paths of the Jedi. Guardian, the protectors of peace, more focused on ability with combat rather than with the Force. Sentinel, the balanced Jedi proficient in both force and combat but not to the extent of a Guardian or Consular. Consular, masters of the force and studies all its aspects in the light, not very good with lightsaber combat. Lastly we have Healers, they are similar to the Consulars except they study with vigilance the art of healing through the force."

John looked up to Xae after his a synopsis of the classes of Jedi, the wonderment of what she would pick would ultimately decide the next step in her training. John hoped it would be one he could show her without having to immerse himself in self-training.

"Now, choose your path."

Xae cast her eyes downward as she considered the options before her. Learning that she'd sent her dream to her mentor came as a surprise to the young Jedi-in-training. She knew that she'd felt the power of the force between them, but such a strong bond she hadn't thought possible with another individual.

The path of the Guardian appealed to her because she loved the dance, grace and discipline of skilled combat, even though it was to be used only when necessary to protect innocents and the peace. With her jungle-honed senses, this would be a logical and easy path for her to follow, through which she could learn and grow within the force.

Still, the nature of the Force and it's powers and possibilities intrigued the young woman. The path of a Consular would be a challenge to her because her nature was so combat-oriented as she'd been fighting in one way or another her entire life. Xae liked challenges because she viewed them as tests to help her grow and evolve as she was meant to be. The difficulty would lie in containing her inner warrior's restlessness.

She considered the path of the Sentinel, a definite possibility as well because of the measure of balance between knowledge of the force and combat emphasis. Xae-Lin felt the force guiding her to this path; though at the same time she knew that she wasn't quite ready to walk it.

Then there was the path of the Healer. As a small child, she'd been able to take in the injured forest creatures of her native home and secretly nurse them back to health. By nature, she was a nurturer, ready to care for other's. Though in the harshness of Dathomir's Nightsisters she'd had to mask that part of her, for to them it would be seen as a weakness to be exploited. She also healed very quickly naturally, but until now she hadn't considered the possibility that her ability to heal had come from the force's quiet influence on her during her young life. Perhaps with study and time she could share that ability with others.

She wondered if there was a possibility to mix the paths, to combine her strengths in combat with her aptitude for healing. Perhaps that path would present itself in time.

She looked back at her mentor and friend, feeling the flow of the Force between them. ”œI think that, for now at least, the path of the Guardian is the one that I am meant to walk. The other's hold possibilities and challenges of their own, but I know that these are the steps I must take at this time.”

psvBwny.jpg

John smiled knowingly, the Guardian class is something he was heavily familiar with being as he was a Guardian himself. The training would be demanding physically and emotionally, but in the end the rewards justify the anguish.

"Then we must leave Ossus, we have to beset our journey upon the Ice Planet of Ilum, there you will construct your own lightsaber. Are you ready to leave?"