Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Xae turned to R2 after John had gently lowered her to the ground. The small droid was obviously not happy and proceeded to garble as much. Xae-Lin ignored him and regarded the Jedi Knight, ”œYes, but how can I keep up?”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

"You are not a naive woman Xae. Look into my eyes and you know...now to begin you need to once more focus that energy of the force to you ask it for its aid and bring it to you. Take that energy and bring it to your legs. feel it make your muscles stronger yet nimble, light yet dense. Feel it and then begin running and use that energy to make you run faster than any animal."

He moved behind her and began to rub her shoulders. Focusing on her collar and shoulder blade.

"You must relax and let the force take you to where you need to go. Now come after me!"

John sped off into the distance and ran a good Kilometer before stopping. his watch was set to 20 seconds if she did not arrive int hat time they'd have to restart their lesson.

Xae opened her mouth to ask how she was supposed to know where she was going when suddenly she found herself alone with R2, who was still whistling his displeasure at the Jedi Knight's actions. Xae rolled her eyes and allowed herself to relax with in the force and went through the process of drawing the force into herself as John had instructed. Then she felt out for his presence and drew herself to it. At first she didn't feel as though she was moving as fast as they had been only moments earlier, but as she felt his presence get stronger, she felt her speed increase.

Suddenly she sensed that she was close to her new master, as she came out of the force run she found it hard to stop and nearly skidded in to John, but managed to land in a graceful crouch a few feet from the Jedi. ”œWell the reentry needs a little work, but it's definitely an unique way to travel.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

"It is an interesting way to travel, but you still need practice. You were a few seconds later than expected."

John took her hand and pulled her up to him and this time did not let go of it.

"Let's run together for a bit more practice i'll start slower so you have time to assimilate. 1,2,3...Go."

John began at a slower pace, not at high speed but at a normal run so he and Xae could get used to each others pacing. When this occurred he began to step thing sup a bit and moved until he was at as fast as he could go when he first attempted this as a padawan.

"How are you doing?"

She met pace with him easily as he allowed her to adjust and was able to keep up with him even as he gained speed. ”œI'm doing fine,”

psvBwny.jpg

Xae-Lin surrendered herself to the force and the joy she felt just from being with the young Lord of Ordo, it was a little bit of work, but she matched his speed with little out ward sign that she was having the slightest difficulty. Eventually she found her stride and gave a enthusiastic smile to her master and tried to force herself that extra little bit.

She slowly inched past John for a few moments, then she felt as though she was slowly loosing control, so she renewed her focus and allowed herself to match John's speed once again, not wanting to think about how she would safely stop from coming out at the speed that she was going.

psvBwny.jpg

"You are doing very well, with practice you will be able my speed but that will come with time, it could be a great many months before that. But now we need to focus on stopping. What you need to do is use the force to create a barrier of like pillows around you and you need to slide into them. They will slow down inertia and allow an easy stop. I am going to have to let go of your hand to show you but watch me feel me in the force and feel the force around me then imitate."

He let go, regrettably, and sped ahead of her about a hundred yards and then abruptly stopped the force creating a massive explosion of energy in front of him stopping him from continuing any further.

As she felt her master's hand leave hers, she focused on the shiftings of the force to follow what he'd done. Nervously, she called out to the force to create the inertial barriers. Within seconds, she felt herself slowing and to her it seemed like it almost wasn't enough, as though she'd put up the barriers too late. Finally she stopped, but it was hard to keep standing and she dropped her shoulder and rolled with the final barrier to come up to a standing position next to the armoured Jedi.

psvBwny.jpg

Hartel found his hands around Xae's arms the moment she popped up next to him. She was flustered but nothing took away from her beauty and John just stood there gazing upon her face watching her lips coo with each breath and her eyes dart across his body and his unmasked face. He too was unable to keep his eyes off of her and he moved his hand to embrace her fully allowing her to rest on his chest and he to rest on her hair.

• Is it right to be feeling this way? She is my pupil. But I also want her to be mine. Oh John, you have a predicament don't you?

The smell of her hair was intoxicating and John placed his right hand upon it running his fingers through her auburn hair. It was radiant. The smell was wonderful, she smelt like a woman, like everything John could dream of.

"The ground is to good for us. Let's go into the sky."

Once more John picked up his padawan and jumped into the nearby tree canopy. he soared high above the ground and landed in a gigantic tree on a tree branch large enough for a home to fit on. There he laid down and allowed Xae to lie next to him. Looking to her temptation arose again but John couldn't...he couldn't just kiss her just yet.

"You are beautiful."

For the second time that day, Xae found herself in the arms of her master. As his hand ran through her hair, she felt her heart race and felt an energy surge through her that she wished she could identify. She wished that she could identify the emotion that shone like a beacon from John Hartel's beautiful green eyes.

She let out a small sound of surprise as he used the force to send them high into the boughs of the Ossusian forest, and held him closer. She felt her skin tingling from the energy that was flowing between the two of them, she wondered if John was feeling the same thing as she lay next to him. Then he spoke.

A curious expression crossed her face, she'd never been told that she was beautiful before, and she wasn't quite sure how she should respond. Instinctively, she reached up and brushed his hair back from his brow as she leaned over him. She didn't immediately respond, but instead bit her lip as she watched him and tried to tune herself in to the energies that she felt flowing between the two of them. Finally she broke out into a smile and then rested her head against the cool metal of his chest plate.

psvBwny.jpg

John held her unusually close. In his own mind the whole strict master/padawan relationship had burst. This was a companionship. Something that they would venture through together and find it within themselves to create new unbound strength within the force. She was his to protect from this day forth no matter what happens. Leaning forward John did something not to rash but radical none the less. He kissed the crown of her head and eased his head to nestle against hers.

"You are amazing Xae. And not just with the force. But...you make me feel more like a man than I could ever be on my own. No one has ever made me feel that way."

The young woman looked up at the Mandalorian, somewhat intrigued by the sign of affection. She saw the honesty of his confession reflected in his eyes and wondered what it was that he saw in her, what it was about her that made him feel so complete. Her soft smile spread across her face as she searched within herself, realizing that, for whatever reason, she also felt drawn to her master. Part of what confused her was how short a time they'd really been together and yet she found that she'd grown to trust him. Throughout her life, there was one thing that had saved Xae-Lin more than once, and that was her ability to follow her instincts, and her instincts were that just as she was hers to protect, the reverse was true. If the time came she had his back. Still, she wasn't quite sure what to say, the only words came were Dathomiri, but he could easily surmise the meaning and the emotion behind it. She felt the same way, but didn't quite understand all that she was experiencing since this was the first time she'd felt this new set of emotions, and her inability to keep the emotions and energies under control, scared her just a little. Xae didn't even think to question how their actions might affect her training as a Jedi, but if she had, she didn't think that, as long as they were careful, their companionship would hurt her abilities in the force.

psvBwny.jpg

John was enjoying being next to Xae as much as he was for the past few moments. Her body warmth made him cozier than he could even dream of being. Her vibrant hair matched against his monochromatic Mandalorian Armor. She was a sight to behold. John had never been like this before. He had an arranged marriage on Ordo before the Empire exterminated his people, she died in the conflict and John never saw her face, but he was told she had a face that dropped the price of gold. To the Jedi Knight, this woman could make diamonds a petty object. With a quick squeeze he began to release her from his tight grasp and cradled her in his arms once more.

"I think it is time I teach you how to jump as high as I can?"

Grabbing her up he bent his knees and with lightning speed he rose into the air.

"Now you must feel the force power streaming off of me carrying my body like a rocket into the sky. You must build the force up around you, concentrate it around you body and in a sudden burst it will launch you much like I am right now.

THUD!

Hartel landed on another tree branch and let Xae down allow his hand to graze her sooth leg as she did so.

"Now, it is time for you to try. I am going to be down below to catch you if need be."

With that Hartel skulked into the darkened forest and out of sight, waiting for Xae.

Xae nodded, and took a deep and clearing breath as John disappeared in to the trees below her. She took a moment to fully immerse herself in the feeling of the force, remembering clearly the vibrations and flow that had surrounded both her and her master on their two previous jumps. Then she called forth those same energies and, with the force guiding her, she jumped gingerly a branch on to the next tree, about ten feet away. She was surprised to find that it as easy to leap from tree to tree even though the branches she was leaping to were farther apart than any normal person could jump.

psvBwny.jpg

She nodded in response, even though her master couldn't see her, then willed the force to her just as she had before, this time building a big burst. She closed her eyes and thought, well here goes nothing”¦, and leapt straight in to the air going only about thirty or so feet. As she descended, Xae-Lin remembered the force cushions that John had taught her to put in place to slow her running and drew upon the same ability, this time positioning them below and around her. She focused all she had into the cushions, easily slowing her decent to the forest floor below, though she still landed in a crouch to soften the impact on her ankles and knees. She gracefully straightened and looked around for her John.

psvBwny.jpg

John was standing right in front of her but he was camouflaged with the forest quite well, it would be damn near impossible for her to see him but she no doubt felt his presence as he felt heres purifying his soul. She was the only woman to ever make the Jedi Knight go head over heels. Even when she is only present near him.

John moved out of the brush and grabbed Xae by the hand allowing their finger's to interlace before they set off on a force rush toward camp.

As they sped toward camp John decided a bit of getting to know each other was way past due.

"So, were there no Dathomiri boys you liked back on Dathomir?"

Xae looked slightly taken a back and confused by the question, and a slightly darker look flashed across her eyes for a split-second, ”œNo.”

psvBwny.jpg

"Ordo was a big city, but I never grew to love anyone or even crush on them. I think you are the first in that field." He said gripping her hands tighter wanting nothing more than her to be closer to him, like she was in the tree. He felt so at peace with her laying on him, so strong. He felt invincible with her at his side.

"Well, I told you a bit about my parents already. They had a loving and comical relationship that some would not expect from nobles; but the people of Ordo and Mandalore for that matter loved them for their positive outlook on life. And I was an only child."

John looked to Xae, not focusing on the forest, allowing the force to guide him where he needed to go. Her body was magnificent and while running he could see each contour of it ripple and contort to the proper shape for optimal performance. She kept herself in shape for the past 5 years it seems. He stomach was firm flat and wondrous to gaze upon. Her legs were bastions of sexuality and conformed with her womanly hips like art. John looked at her chest for a moment but didn't linger on them as not to make any interesting crop ups in his own physical appearance. Then he looked at her face. Her hair was swept in the wind gusting by her giving it the look of fire. Her eyes were now green as well with a tinge of a light pale blue in them. To John she looked a bit like a goddess...and she was his goddess.

"Are you ok with...the way we are toward each other Xae?" said John stopping the run and holding onto her body to keep her from flinging from him. "I feel like I may be a horrible master to you for having these feelings, but I can't help them Xae. I just...can't. I hope you aren't upset with me?"

Xae-Lin turned toward him as he pulled her close as he came out of the force run. She looked at him as she considered her answer. ”œJohn, I feel drawn to you as well. This is definitely something new for me,”

psvBwny.jpg

John blushed heavily with his peck on the cheek from Xae. He was falling more for her charms every second and this time it was his turn to do something. Holding her close the kissed her forehead a few times savoring the flavor of her skin and how he longed for her lips on his. But he knew the time had not yet struck for that and so he grabbed Xae and put her on his back so she could ride piggy-back all the way to camp.

When they got to camp it was nearly evening, the sun was starting to set but it was still light out.

"Would you like to begin Lightsaber combat? I think you may want to change your clothes if you do."

"Don't mind him, I think I can end our problems for now"

In an instant the droid shut down and stopped moving.

"I put him in stand by mode. He will be ready to come back one we press the button again. Besides with the dueling between you and I the droid would become paranoid.

John activated the Purple lightsaber upon his hilt, the single blade so that his padawan could keep up. His dual-bladed weapon would prove to be too much for her at this stage in the game and the purple blade would be much more stimulated for her. John raised it to his face and then swirled it back to his side a bit.

"The first thing you must realize about a lightsaber is this. The blade is pure energy, there is now eight so unlike a sword it cannot perform the same aerobatics. The moves you probably knew well with knives and the like are forgone here. I have set both our weapons to training mode."

John took his saber and sliced through his arm but amazingly nothing happened.

"Harmless, but they do clash when they hit each other. SO are you ready to begin?"

Xae-Lin nodded as she activated her saber with a *snaphiss*. The apprentice squared to face her master, raising her lightsaber above her head with the tip raised. She planted her feet and slightly bent her knees in preparation for her master's advance. She'd done a little training with the lightsaber before with Kyp on her way to Ossus, but she'd never actually faced an opponent.

psvBwny.jpg

John saw that she would not attack him so he decided the fate had come to him to begin this duel. Moving into the formal and graceful Form II John swiped his blade quickly across the scene clashing beautifully with Xae's and creating the pure sound of fuse electric power. Smiling at the chance at a good duel the Mandalorian fell into his combat tendencies with ease.

Swiping his blade time and time again he and time again he was going slow allowing Xae to become used to the operation of a lightsaber and how to carry oneself about it. The blades clashed together and John looked to her with a large smile. After this he broke off from her and jumped backwards about ten feet.

"You have learned how to handle it very well, but now you must choose a path of Lightsaber Combat, which form do you think suits you?"

He handed her a datapad which had information on all the forms.

((CLICK HERE))

((Scroll down tot he seven forms of lightsaber combat. Read about the seven and decide from that))

Xae-Lin took the datapad from her Jedi Master and deactivated her lightsaber as she read the information. There were certainly a lot of styles to from which to choose, and all of them with their respective strengths and weaknesses.

”œI'm not really sure which would suit me best,”

psvBwny.jpg

"I am a master in Juyo, Vaapad, Makashi and Shien Xae. Juyo I use when engaged with my dual blades here. The others I use with my singles and sometimes my dual blades. Makashi is what I had just performed with you. The elegant flow with unbound precision. It is a powerful tool used for Lightsaber Combat that is One on One. Anything else it will begin to falter."

John moved forward and began to strike at Xae again hitting her blade as she danced around attempting to stylize her own form of combat within what looked like Soresu. But it was mixed with some of the Makashi John was performing.

Hartel switched his style on her into a more aggressive Shien and began to move with more speed but less powerful moves.

"This is Shien, the way of the Krayt Dragon. It is not one used for the patient and usually is efficient at fastly destroying enemies. However, duels between a someone while you use or they use Shien can go on for hours."

The blades deflected from each other and John looked to Xae who was beginning to formulate sweat upon her brow.

"You need to push yourself to the limit, you need to dispatch of me. Until you can touch me once with that blade this lesson will continue."

John rushed in and took more rapid strikes not at his full speed but enough for her to start to fall into a form.