Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

As Korin answered Jace's question, Kira affirmed it,

"Yes, a padawan is also known as an apprentice. I can teach you how to use the Force, how to let it guide your movements. If you want me to that is. I can train you in the ways of the Jedi. Would you like that?"

They were nearing where Damon was now. Kira waited to hear Jace's answer before she spoke to Damon.

"Did you receive the message from Haruun Kal? Do you know what is going on?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

A lone Jedi Starfighter exited from hyperspace above the planet. Orsi looked down on the planet and turned the palest shade of green as he contemplated how he was going to land the spacecraft until he asked the old r-5 model astromech droid if it could make the landing. The R-5 beeped an afferimitive and began the landing sequence.

After Orsi had touched down he quickly opened the cockpit and threw up out of the side of it. Orsi hated atmospheric travel. The young Padawan then climbed out of the ship and into the hanger, his knees shaking wearily. "I need to find someone else to train me..."Orsi whispered as he remembered Aryains last words, knowing the his Master was going to do something dangerous. Orsi gently felt the hilt of the lightsaber that Aryian had given him, feeling an verwhelming sadness well inside of him. Orsi let the emotion fill him and then let it pass, trying to let the Force fill him.

Orsi felt the Force, feeling a deceptive dark current running through it.

This bothered Orsi as before the darkness had only been on the horizon, but now it seemed right before him, a danger that he could not fully describe. Orsi shook his head and began searching the Jedi base for a knight who would continue his training.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

"You answered perfectly Stephen. We will now move to your next part of your trail."

Damon stopped when Kirana asked him of what happended on Haruun-Kal.

"I am sorry Stephen. It seems once again your trails are being put on hold. Excusee me as I talk to Lady Sunrider in private."

Damon turned away from both people and walked away singling Kiriana to follow him. Once both were more than safe ear shot use naturally or with the force Damon touched the force the and began to speak.

"You asked if I recived a message and know whats going on. I do, but what I speak will dishearten you. I'm sorry to do so before hand though. The order is at this mintue being attacked by the Black Sun and being killed endlessy. Our base on Haruun-Kal is no more. Many jedi have died and Master Hou-Jo is requesting all those able to come and help fight. I will not go though. I do not belive in the order any more and as such will not fight for it as long as it is lead by Hou-Jo. He will lead us to the darkside and to a return to the force. I request you keep this secert from the padawans. I will tell Stephen when he completes his trials as it is his choice to do as he wishes. However the telling the others would lead to confusion. Is there anyother questions I might be able to answer lady Kirana?"

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Kira had received the first call from Haruun-Kal, though didn't go because of her rescue mission of the hopeful that had just become her padawan. Hearing that Black Sun had turned on the Jedi at that Temple didn't surprise her somehow.

"I knew Black Sun would turn treacherous. They've done that ruse before. Something has to be done about Black Sun, though not there, not at Haruun-Kal. I'll contact Onderin and see what plan of action the Alliance is likely to take. For now, yes, I will keep this quiet from the padawan's. I've just taken on two myself."

She glanced back towards the two she had just taken on, and then towards Stephen. Her thoughts then went to... "Dashel!" Somehow she knew he had passed on, though she didn't feel his death. There was no connection to him through the Force.

"I can't feel Dashel... usually I can sense his presence through our bond, even if he's not nearby. He was at Haruun-Kal. I can't even tell if he's alive..."

Kira stretched her senses out as far as she could, having bonded so many times with Dashel over the years with her battle meditation, she should be able to sense him even on another planet.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"There is another chain of events that gone on. I was given a COM from Starlisk asking for my arrival to help in the battle going over Haruun-Kal. There are three things that have taken place. One the Black Sun is now the Black Dawn and are on a crusade to destory all of those that use the force. The second thing is that Master Hou-Jo destoryed the temple at Haruun-Kal killing many there. lastly the Black Dawn have a machine now that aprearntly removes the force from around it, in short a gaint Ysamilry. Because of these chain of events I am leaving the Order as we know it. It no longer exist to me. I am still a jedi, but I do not follow the order. Kirana. I have known you for so long now you have seen the galaxy though tough time and though the best times. Kirana, will you join me in this effort. I know we are not masters, but I belive we can do it. We can gather the help of the masters and begin a new. I know this is much, but what do you think. I am power hungry or am I doing whats best. I don't know at this point, to much is in the air."

Kira listened quietly as Damon spoke, disturbed by the chain of events. Black Sun seemed to be the center of the problem still ... or rather Black Dawn. This being able to blank out the Force in a large area concerned her. No amount of ysalamari could do that so whatever it was that they had used was worrying indeed.

What also concerned her was Hou-Jo's actions. She knew he would go to all lenghs to protect the Jedi, but to destroy the temple with so many inside of it still. That also might be why she couldn't feel Dashel any longer. Between that and the Black Dawn stripping the area of the Force. She didn't know what to think.

"I'll have to meditate on an answer to that. I've known Hou-Jo for some time. I don't understand why he would have acted that way. To sacrifice needlessly..."

Kira had always worked on conserving lives, even when she was the Leader of the Alliance. This greatly troubled her.

"I'll also have to speak with Onderin about what has gone on. For now. I'm going to train my padawan's and hope the Galaxy will settle down before I have to go back out there. I promised Dashel I'd take care of his padawan for him while he was away."

She looked back again at her own two, wondering where Odan was and what he was up to.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The call from his old Master came from some distance and it took Dashel a long while to respond to it. He was blocked by something terrifying that left him only half of himself. Unable to do anything he did the first thing that every Jedi had to learn, he waited.

Concepts from another existence had passed through his mind, shuttling back and forth as he tried to put names to them. The names of those concepts would unlock the memories, feelings and sensations he had associated with them. Though some part of him whispered that he should simply let them go, he struggled silently to remember as he waited.

The wait was eternity. Stubbornly, Dashel kept trying to remember what he had forgotten. He was concentration on something particularly important when he knew that his wait was over. The force came flooding back to Dashel and he knew the concepts he had forgotten and why the force had left him in the first place.

He also knew that he had no body and that getting there was simply a matter of willing his consciousness there. The Jedi had always taught that the force was omnipresent. When you were a part of it, you could simply move about it and be anywhere you needed or were needed.

Even as he materialized before Kirana, glowing with the faint blue outline characteristic of force ghosts, he felt a weaker tug in another direction. Concentrating briefly, he sough the location of that minor pull and found it. Why something was pulling him to Korriban he had not the slightest idea, nor did he recognize the force user that providing that pull. Dashel ignored the pull and instead concentrated on communicating with his former master.

"Kirana, Master, its good to see you. Your padawans," said Dashel, attuning to them and letting them see him, "seem to be starting well."

A smile graced the translucent face at their reaction, and then he continued. "Master Hou Jo's action at Harumn Kal was not the betrayal that many people have assumed. Had the force been with us than those of us whom perished would have had plenty of warning on the need to be gone immediately."

Dashel frowned at the emotions such a statement aroused in him. "Besides, there is worse news. A new threat has risen for the Jedi and the Sith against our ally the Force. Black sun has located and resurrected the devices called Force Harvester's in their bid to destroy all the Jedi and all the Sith."

Again came that faint pull from Korriban. Dashel annoyed, focussed on the pull and the force user responsible for it. His form wavered as he realized that the pull was now moving from Korriban and disappearing nearly beyond the edge of the galaxy, to the stellar remnants of another galaxy that theirs had collided with and destroyed. Wherever it was going it was taking a long time to reach it and the force presence next to it felt grim determination to complete its duty.

Remembering that he need to concentrate on maintaining his appearance for Kira he drew himself back from that presence and focussed on the three in front of him a moment before speaking again. "My droid, Kala was destroyed along with my ship when Hou Jo blew the temple by the reaction of the gasses of the Jungle planet to the explosions. A ship running on emergency power does not survive long to being dipped in a massive vat of acid."

As Dashel appeared before her, Kira swallowed hard. I can't lose you too... I can't... I need you to come back... Please come back... His Force Ghost confirmed her worst fears, that he had been lost to her in the physical realm. Even as he explained what had happened, Kira was processing what had gone on. Force Harvesters. This was the large ysalamari bubble that Damon had mentioned. Those ancient things were fearsome in their own right and now that Black Sun had them...

"If they have the Force Harvesters... this threat is bigger than just against the Jedi. I doubt very much that the Sith would listen to us without being directly caught up in the threat, though we could try. At least we can warn them of the threat..."

She doubted that Exodus would listen to her. He held a grudge against her because of the duel saber of his that she still had. She had spared his life though. Maybe that would count for something if talks were to take place?

Kira's eyes lowered in a bid to retain her composure, noticing some of Dashel's fur on her robes. He had been shedding before he'd left. She therefore had some of his DNA.

"Would you object if I were to have you cloned Dash? I ... don't want to lose you too."

Dashel knew of her other losses and in his current state would know what Kira was struggling to hide from her current padawans. She knew in herself that she had to get over that fear of loss. She gathered up the fur that was over her robes, placing it into a utility pocket of her cargo pants.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

At the mentioning of cloning, a stray though inserted into what passed as Dashel's consciousness. A little over a year ago, Kala had mentioned that the part of her that was Sith would never let him have peace.

The memory triggered recognition of the force spark that was racing away from Korriban. Kala was racing somewhere to begin the process that would grant him a new physical existence.

Dashel sat down, stared directly into Kirana's eyes, and said, "You don't need to do that. One of Kala's bodies that was stored on Korriban has activated and taken a shuttle somewhere to begin the cloning process already." He continued to assure her that as long as she need his friendship, he would keep returning.

As he pondered the weight of that promise, the import of his spoken statement hit him fully and he again nearly faded from view. She had been next to him from almost the first day of his training and he had never realized that Kala was somehow force sensitive and had a place in the force. As he gazed at the happy look Kirana was now wearing, he put that mystery to the side. He probably did not want to know and knew that asking her would be borrowing more trouble than it was worth.

He settled in to wait and turned his attention fully to Kira, collecting his scattered thoughts and focusing on the present. Her idea of contacting the Sith had merit for by doing so, the two sides would actually represent a united force.

The question became how and when. He had never met a Sith and had no desire to outside of the clash of weapons and her thoughts on the matter were clouded beyond his ability to read. It was funny, that though the force was omnipresent, what could be learned depended on the limitations of the user.

Relief had allowed a single tear to escape the normally composed Jedi Knight. Kira brushed it aside, pretending to brush back a stray strand of silver hair instead of a tear. She valued Dashel's friendship dearly. He had kept her sane when Locke had disappeared, turning his back on her and shutting her out. A smile appeared on her face, genuinely happy that Dashel would be returning.

The holonet message broadcast by Hou-Jo gained her attention via the implanted chip within her brain that allowed her to monitor the airwaves. She listened to it before relaying to the others what she had just heard.

"Hou-Jo has just sent out a holonet broadcast informing Jedi, fallen Jedi and Sith alike of what Black Sun... Black Dawn is doing. Piccolo is still at large. Hou-Jo is calling for assistance of anyone with fleets and has said he'll be sending out coded transmissions to us with regards to a regroup and Counter Strike."

She paused, looking around at padawan's, hopefuls and her fellow Knights, her gaze falling on Dashel's ghost once more. It gave her comfort that he would be returning to flesh form once Kala had him cloned. It would save her having to find a cloning station which would make it quicker in the long run.

Giving some thought to their situation, Kira sent the recall signal out to her ship, calling it in from where it had been on it's hidden location. She'd need a ship, as would one of her padawan's at least. The Lost Soul wouldn't be far away when she needed it.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"What...is going on?"

At first, were Kira not paying attention to Korin, she might think he was asking about the situation, what was happening on Haruun Kal, or what was going to happen in his future.

Instead, he was staring at the blue Jedi ghost, a little shock and awe in his eyes. He had never seen a being like this, and was unsure of what it was. He did know that it was hairy...and transparent.

"What...is that?"

Korin-1.jpg

Kira turned back towards Korin, taking in his wide-eyed look as he stared at Dashel's force ghost.

"Korin, sometimes the Force allows one to show themselves to their friends or mentors once they have passed on. Until Dashel is cloned, he will have to work on retaining his presence as a Force Ghost. You have nothing to fear."

She looked up at the tall man, finally back to her composed outlook. She hadn't lost Dashel, he would return. Kira could now focus on her current padawans... while she still had time to do so. She sent out a calming touch through the force towards both padawans. Odan would also be able to see his Master as a Ghost, Kira wondering how he would take it.

"We will have to start your training if we are to get prepared for what is to come. These are dangerous times for anyone sensitive to the Force."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Damon returned to his padawan that was wating for him quietly and patiently.

"I am sorry Stephen. I did not plan to make you wait so long. We will move quickly to your next test in your trail. You know the code, however now its time to see your wisdom truly shine. I will ask you three questions that I expect you to answer honestly.

((To make life easy for both of us I wll give you all three now and you can respond when ready.))

1. A man comes to a village being hunted by soliders. Not knowing anything about the man, but knowing very well that the government has been rash and unreasonable of late. The village turns to you for answer, what should they do?

2. You are being face with a challange. To save the lives of a group of civilians you either fight the enemy soliders or run. Which do you do and why. I will not clairfy on this question as I am wanting you to think.

3. With in the council of the jedi order a leader has taken a course of action that has lead to a chain of events that has effected the order as a whole. You now have a choice to make. What should you do when the grandmaster of the jedi is questionable and no longer the best leader in your opinion.

((I will give you to be fair till Wednesday to answer.))

"It is of no consequense Master, greater forces are at work in the galaxy or so it would appear. " He drew himself up to his full height and stood tall as he pondered the three questions offered to him. He took several moments to consider the first question.

Hmm, what to do if a man comes to a village being hunted by soliders. Not knowing anything about the man, but knowing very well that the government has been rash and unreasonable of late. The village turns to you for answer, what should they do? Well if I turn him over to the soldiers, I might be condeming an innocent man to death. On the other hand if I don't hand him over then I might be allowing a murderer to go free.

"Master, for the first question there is only one real answer that I can offer. The man is to be housed underground or out of sight while I confront the soldiers and find out why they are after this man. Once I meet with them, I will scan over their warrents and then return to the man and and find out whether or not he did what was on the warrent. If the warrent was true then he will be turned over to the soldiers for a fair trial. Otherwise the soldiers will be sent away and I will fight without worry for that the freedom of that man. "

He began to think about the second question. You are being face with a challange. To save the lives of a group of civilians you either fight the enemy soldiers or run. Hmm, if I were to run away from the soldiers, then they might be able to close in on us due to the stragglers in the group of civilians.

"Master, the second question is very simple. In order to protect the innocent lives, I must stand to defend them with the Force as my aid. I would stand to confront the soldiers as they move to attack the civilians and if the Force decrees that I must die in order to protect the innocent lives, then my destiny and path is clear I will willingly lay down my life."

He began to ponder the third and final thought. Within the council of the jedi order a leader has taken a course of action that has lead to a chain of events that has effected the order as a whole. You now have a choice to make. What should you do when the grandmaster of the jedi is questionable and no longer the best leader in your opinion.

This question took him a bit more thought. "Master, this last question that you propose is not an easy one. In order to do it honorably and without trouble, you must have the rest of the council behind you with their full consent. From there, you and the remainder of the council must confront the grandmaster and force him to step down."

Damon listend to each answer and the why around them. All the answers were sound and correct. Yet there was somthing missing from one answer.

"Your answers were good Stephen. You missed one thing I was expecting, but you gave me one thing I was not. For that you passed this section of your trials. We will move to your final part of your trials. Usally you must complete a great pschyicall hardship which usally means fighting a sith. However there are none to fight here on Ossus and I feel you fighitng me would not prove what I was looking for so we will instead ask Kirana to duel you. If you prove satisfactory by both of our standards then you shall pass your trials, if not you will have to pass one more."

Damon mottioned for Stephen to follow him as the pair walked near Kirana.

"Im sorry to interuppt you training Kirana. Stephen is in need of a duel. I would like it for you to face him as such. I will watch and make sure nothing goes to far or close for comfart. This duel is for his trails. If you do not mind it would be greatlly apreacited."

((I already asked. Stephen, you are to face sunrider in a 3post duel wher I will be main judge, however Sunrider's input will effect seriously. After the Sunrider post, Stephen you are to post the first attack post. Remeber no maiming or death.))

An XJ3 X-Wing and an E-Wing exited hyperspace at roughly the same time and began to approach Ossus. The XJ3 sent the appropriate passcodes to be granted clearance to land. He also made sure to note that the E-Wing was with him. The pilot of the XJ3 opened a comm channel up to the E-Wing. "Follow me in close, Shawmus. I'm not sure how isolated, hidden, or big this Temple is and I don't want you to get lost."

WarrenEdit.jpg

"Can do, mate," Shawmus said as he brought his E-Wing in onto the X-Wing's tail. He purposefully made sure to show unnecesary detail in copying Brad's flight patern, just to let him and whatever Jedi might be watching that he wasn't completely green when it came to piloting and battle.

Shawmus' curiosity had been piqued just before entering hyperspace by something Brad had said, which seemed to be a recurring theme since the two had met. "Brad, you mentioned going to the 'dark side.' Keep in mind I'm not too educated on your Force and its theories. Now, I can infer from the modifying adjective that this 'dark side' isn't a good thing, but could you elaborate a bit on what it entails? So I might be able to catch myself if I am taking the proverbial fall there."

Orsi saw more jedi land and went over to them, bowing deeply. "I have been instructed to find another Master. If either of you are able to take on a Padawan I am more than willing."

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

Quietly, during the latest of the hours upon Ossus, an unmarked and ancient shuttle painted matte black lands at an out of the way dock in a manner guaranteed to attract notice, especially on a planet full of Jedi.

Just prior to landing, the shuttle sends a burst transmission to Kirana Sunrider, identifying the shuttle as dropping off two individuals, on HRD named Kala and the Jedi Knight know as Dashel Illioni. Dashel is reported as being deep in a healing trance after entering the cloned body in an effort to acclimatize himself to any changes that were made.

As soon as Kala departs the shuttles ramp with Dashel's sleeping form and a few basic items, the darkened shuttle immediately lifts off, heading away from Ossus. Kala crosses the tarmac, grabs a nearby speader, and loads the Jedi and their gear into and immediately begins to travel towards a location that Dashel had left mere days ago.

Upon arriving, the HRD sought out Kirana Sunrider and explained quite simply that Dashel had said he would awaken shortly after arriving on Ossus.

Dashel was true to his word, and woke an hour after their arrival.

Once awake, he approaches Kirana and says with a grin, ”œOdd how things sometimes loop back upon themselves. You wouldn't happen to have somewhere handy where I could reconstruct my sabers, would you?”

The X-Wing and E-Wing were nearing the Jedi base now and they began a slow descent towards the hanger bay. The flight towards it had been quite tricky, and Brad was surprised at how close Shawmus had managed to stay to his X-Wing. The man had a vast potential in the Force, of that Brad was sure. He was rather inquisitive though, Brad thought, which wasn't unexpected given all that he had been introduced to.

"The dark side is not a good thing as you inferred, from a certain point of view. Those that use the dark side of the Force draw upon their emotions, mostly anger, to influence their decisions. They use powers of the Force that no Jedi would ever use because they cause immense pain and harm to the victim. Remember, I said the Jedi are all about protecting."

Brad stopped for a second, figuring out the best way to word what he was about to say next. "You must understand though, with out the dark side there is no light side. While evil is unfortunate, it is necessary to achieve balance of the Force throughout the universe. But even the evil powers the dark side employs can be used for good if you try hard enough."

Thinking of a good example to use, Brad paused again before continuing. "For instance, take Force lightning. It requires an immense amount of hatred inside one's soul to cause the amount of pain that Force lightning causes. But what if someone's heart had failed? A Jedi could potentially use Force lightning to 'restart' his heart and save the person's life."

By the time Brad had finished they had reached the hanger bay and were slowly going inside. Brad's XJ3 X-Wing lowered in altitude to settle softly upon the hanger floor. After climbing out of the cockpit, Brad walked over to the E-Wing. "You can use this fighter and droid as long as you need to, and if you wish you can consider them yours."

WarrenEdit.jpg

His mind still trying to wrap itself around the concept of creating lightning with the Force, he barely heard Brad basically give him the E-Wing and droid. "Ah, thanks, mate." Shawmus struggled not to stumble over his words.

"So, ah, should I just make myself at home in this temple of yours? And when do I learn about this Force thing more? Sounds quite interesting."

An understatement if there ever was one. But to try to quell his awkward reactions, he put his hand on the dome of the droid and leaned against it, striking a relaxed and casual sort of posture. This was quite the destiny he'd stumbled upon.

Kira looked up from where she had been speaking to Korin as Damon approached. She listened as he asked her to duel his padawan.

"If you'd like, I can duel him for you. It would let my padawan's see what can be accomplished using the Force in a fight."

She pulled Damon slightly to the side, whispering into his ear a short comment before stepping back after giving him an idea. Whether he used it or not would be another matter.

Kirana felt herself brighten up as Dashel reapproched them in flesh form. She smiled at the Trani, giving him a quick embrace to welcome him back to the land of the living. She could sense a gathering of Jedi now on Ossus, turning to speak to Damon again so that the others could hear.

"I suggest that we don't all congregate here for too long. I'd hate for our enemies to sense us here by our numbers. Until we find a base that can be disguised through the Force, it's not wise to have too many in one place for too long."

Turning to Dashel, she answered the last of his questions.

"Apart from the crystals... you can find all the componants in the workshop area of my ship. I think you've got spare robes left in your old room too if I recall."

Kira glanced back at Damon again,

"When did you want to start this duel?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Malone remained stunned by everything going on. This was either the greatest magic show in the galaxy or he was dreaming. The whole concept of this all sounded completely ludacris. Had he really been so isolated from the rest of the galaxy.

Malone failed to respond when asked if he'd like to be trained. The "ghost" had spooked him into complete silence. His head was still spinning as someone suggested a duel. Malone grinned. That was more like it. He was interested in seeing how good of duelers they were, too. Maybe he'd even get a chance to duel them. He grinned and moved up close to watch.

Brad laughed at some of the things Shawmus said, as well as the fact that we was nervous. "Yes, you can make the Temple your home, for now at least. Relax, and feel free to explore the Temple and the knowledge held here. You can learn much about the Force, the Order, and many other things by looking through the information stored in the databanks. I sense a duel starting, however, and that might be a good learning experience for you."

Brad began to turn, but stopped as he remembered Shawmus had no idea where he was or how to get around. "If you want to go watch it, follow me to the training room in which it is taking place." Then Brad completed his turn and began to walk off. His R2 unit, R2-T2, trailed behind him beeping here and there as it rolled along.

WarrenEdit.jpg

"A duel?" Shawmus asked, a bit confused. "You mean, you Jedi just break down and fight each other on occasion? Well, that should be interesting." He took a step and followed Brad, quite anxious. Maybe some of those nifty lightsabers would be on display.

He made sure his holdout blaster was tucked neatly in his boot still, just in case the lightsaber violence got out of hand. The laser sword was all fine and dandy, but Shawmus always felt better about firing from afar. He laughed to himself as he imagined some Jedi trying to charge him with the lightsaber, and him shooting and backpedaling. Yes, while he'd love to have a lightsaber eventually, a trusty blaster was what did the trick for him.

"C'mere, little droid," Shawmus called to the tweetering unit. "I guess you're mine now. Better get to know each other."

A duel...

So the Jedi engaged in common practices of combat to better protect themselves after all. Korin had suspected as much, speculating that as much good as these Jedi could do, there was always a force equal but opposite willing to move against them.

He simply watched in silence as his question was interrupted, and Kira began readying herself for battle.

He also looked towards this newcomer (Shawmus), eyeing him with a curious look. It was funny how he spoke, the way he formed his words. Korin had never heard anyone talk like that before.

Then again, he noted, there were a lot of things he didn't know and hadn't seen or heard.

Korin-1.jpg

((Two things. One there is no base to speak off on Ossus, its fulll of ruins and such. Two this is no normal duel between Kiriana and Bladesmen, its a test for his trials.))

"Soon as you and Stephen feel ready I would like you to begin. Don't worry I will intervince if I think somthing ill would happend. Anyways begin.

((I think that was a little obvious. Remember I'm writing from the perspective of one who doesn't know what trials are, much less seen a duel between Force Users.))

And like that, the duel was on. Korin slunk back towards the wall, sitting down. He took the whole surroundings in, idly thinking about things as they came to him, while all the time focusing on Kira.

Korin-1.jpg

((OOC: Oops, my fault. From what Kirana wrote it looked like she was going to duel you Damon. Sorry.))

Brad reconsidered going to watch the duel with the Hopeful. Perhaps it was best for him to wait to observe something like that. He was a little afraid that Shawmus would get the wrong idea. "Actually, I don't believe the duel is going to happen. Study the information in the archives."

WarrenEdit.jpg

((As Damon said, there is no base/Temple to speak of here on Ossus. This duel is out in the open and amongst the ruins/rubble etc.))

Kira gave Damon a nod, glancing back towards her padawan and giving him a wink. Malone was yet to give her an answer regarding formal training. Well if this duel went as Kira suspected it would, there would be a new Knight to take on a padawan so she wouldn't need to take two on after all.

Not knowing if the new padawan's knew of the Jedi's ancient enemy, she felt she should do some explaining. She wandered over towards Korin as she slipped out of her robes, leaving her form-fitting tunic with her sabers hanging by her sides. She placed her robe beside him before stepping back a few paces.

"The Jedi do teach combat for a number of reasons. We have our enemies, like anyone else. There are those that either don't understand the gifts the Jedi have of the Force or just don't want to, fearing that the gifts may be used against them. The Jedi wouldn't do that, our goal being to protect the innocent. There are also our ancient foe, the Sith. Yes, there are Sith still around the Galaxy, led by Kakuto Ryu and his followers. The Empire are closely associated with the Sith, often being led by one. I'm sure you have all heard how Emperor Palpatine led the Empire for all those years until his eventual defeat.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg