Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Dashel felt more than saw his companions join him. He concentrated and felt himself become the focus of the merge. Sahv's presence was one of enlightened joy, while Kira's was powerful, but now tainted by the presence of something he did not know. Still, he trusted her, deciding that she would never willing betray the Jedi order or another Jedi.

With the combined power of the other two with, Dashel focussed his mind into the peculiar state neccessary to physically move them to the next location. There was a brief pause and a glimpse of something undescribable, and then they landed on a copper platform in a dark space. There was a flash of light, temporarily blinding them all, the smell of ozone, and the enormous discharge of energy from the displacement. The silence following their landing was deafening. From the way each worked his jaws to clear their ears, they were somewhere deep withing the planets crust.

It was quite a shock to them all when a ghostly presence made itself know to them. A jedi knight, clad in the robes of the order from its ancient past, stood before them, glowing blue and quite translucent. They heard the voice of this apparition through the force, its meaning quite clear. It had crossed its arms and looked down on them with disdain.

Its gaze rested on each in turn, and they felt its icy presence in their minds, learning as much as it could about them, testing them, seeing if they were worth of its rewards, or the guilty to be punished.

The spirit pointed at Sahv, "Seeker of truths, have you wisdom enough to know when one is found?"

"Seeker of healing, know you when to chose life and death?"

Last was Kira. "Child of the Light, disturbed by that which has touched you and claimed you yet holds no sway over your soul."

"Will accept my challenge?"

As each member contemplated their answer, there was ample time to take in the room that was now lit. By Dashel's massive electrical discharge or by the power of the spirit in front of them, none could tell. The room they were in was undecorated, but the architecture was massive and impressive for the sense of strength it conveyed. The room was easily big enough to house a good portion of a sports arena.

Beyond the Force spirit was was a series of five doors, the center one being nearly 4 meters tall, with the outlying four less than two meters. The center one was massive, a gleaming shell of impenentrable metal, a force field clearly protecting it. The other four all had carbon scoring, as if more than one battle had been fought here.

Behind them were five more doors, similiarly arrayed to the first and bearing the same carbon scoring. Their center door too, was covered by shielding and just as massive as the one across the room.

The spirit, despite being dressed in the robes of an ancient jedi, eventually grew impatient at their waiting, loomed immense over them in both the physical and the force. "Choose!" it boomed in a hollow thunder of a man's voice.

The apparition's voice echoed in Sahv's ears...

Seeker of truths, have you wisdom enough to know when one is found?

Sahv took a deep breath and thought about his answer. This was no time for an elaborate one. "Choose!" The man said, his voice booming in the ears of the three standing before him.

"Sir Knight. I am but a padawan of the Force. However, of some degree of truth I do profess to recognize. And my friends, I will let them speak for themselves."

Sahv looked at Dashel and Kirana, awaiting their move.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Kira followed what Dashel had done, supporting her padawan as they transfered into the new room. She opened her eyes, looking around and focusing on the Spirit of the Ancient Jedi Knight. Kira could feel the force presence boring into her as it spoke to each of them. She had lowered her gaze until it spoke directly to her, then asked if each would accept the challenge.

"I accept."

She simply stated as she stepped forward towards the door that drew her the most, one that was to the right and next to the shielded room. She would pause infront of it waiting for the other two to choose a door. Also visible in her mind's eye was the Jedi Master that had appeared to her on her first visit there with Locke. It was this Jedi Master that guided her towards this particular door.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

The ghost smiled sadly as Dashel nodded his confirmation.

"Be warned. What you face is from your mind and heart, but for all that it will have form and be just as deadly as the real thing. You must now face your fears."

All of them felt a massive surge in the force, as if ancient techniques and ancient artifacts worked to produce something powerful. Three beings materialized in the arena around them.

The first pulled its hood back and leaped at Kira. It was her exact twin, only Nurgle's symbol was branded upon its face, marring it forever behind a sickly, green rune. Its attacks were fairly straightforward, growing in complexity as it attacked her. Soon the attacks were combinations of force use and lightsaber attacks.

Sahv's figure lifted its hood and revealed the hood of the Sith whom had taken his life. The figure opens up with several basic attacks, and like Kira's opponent gradually grows stronger and more complex with its attacks, only not as severely as Kira is facing in herself.

Dashel found himself fighting his own twin, except across its face was branded the snarl of the pure, unreasoning predator who saw only something to be killed. Its attacks were viciious and powerful, but not as coordinated as the blocking that Dashel put up. He bided his time, waiting patiently for the moment that would surely come.

Across the arena his animalistic self chased him, keeping him on the defensive with vicious horizontal swipes that he was always just quick enough to block, but not quick enough to exploit and had to constantly retreat from. They eventually settled into a pattern, and it was in that pattern of attack and retreat the Dashel found the opening he needed.

As his opponent completed his latest swipe, Dashel drew more deeply o the force. He used the newfound energy to increase his speed. He caught is opponents sword out wide and stepped forward, inside his opponent's arc and broke the figure's stance with a single, well placed force shove that sent it reeling backwards. He shifted from a purely defensive framework into an attack mode that focussed on keeping his doppleganger from being able to take back the initiative. He used his agility, footwork and force enhance speed to force the other to block attack after attack, switching their roles that Dashel was the one pursuing the predator around the room. He kept his mind focussed and found himself understanding his opponents frustration, for in all its fury it was completely unable to take back the offensive. As Dashel came closer and closer to creating an opening in its defensive, the creature dropped the crimson blade it had been attacking with and fled through the large central door, fading even as it passed the still closed portal.

Sweat pored from his body, and soaked through the clothes he had on. He labored to catch his breath even as he turned around to see how Kira and Sahv where doing.

Kira found herself facing an apparition that mirrored herself in every way. Only with a symbol on it that she didn't recognize, but at the same time she did. Where have I seen that before? She drew her saber, the azul blade springing to life as it met a crimson blade of her opponent. Crimson? It was strange facing herself, like fighting herself in the mirror only with a different coloured blade. She defended only, letting the 'dark Kira' attack to wear herself down, testing the durability of the apparition. She spared only a moment to see the padawan's both facing the same kind of challenge before focusing totally on the battle, letting herself fall into her combat sense as her movements became smooth. Defend, parry, flurry, thrust, dance back, strike low, high, left, right...

A sheen of perspiration appeared on her forehead as the duel continued, blades clashing over and over though Kira had sunk deep into the light side energies, distaining the dark taint that she had been stained with. Within her mind's eye she refused to let it control her, even if it did hold strong. She refused to give in to the darkness it wanted to lure her with.

What she found on the edge of her awareness, was the nightmares only just being held at bay. The 'dark Kira' taunting her now, her harsh voice sounding in her mind alone... He doesn't love you... you know he doesn't... why else would he shut you out? Why else would he attack you? You are nothing, the dark taint that you possess is going to keep you apart forever. Forget him, embrace the darkness, only the darkside can destroy your nightmares...

Blades clashed again, bracing against one another as she fought now a battle in her mind. Locke does love me... I know he does! I'll never give into the darkside. Again her opponent taunted her, hitting her heart, her mind, her soul. You know I'm right, he doesn't love you because he knows you BELONG to someone else... that's right... you GAVE your will to him. You belong to Nurgle and will remain his... Locke will NEVER love you because you belong to another...

Kira hesitated, NO! It's not true... It can't be true! The dark version of her grinned, evil, victorious. Search your feelings, you know it's true. Search your memories... *snickers* What little you have left of them... *evil laugh*

Kira felt tears prick her eyes, despair closing in with the taunting mirror image of herself. She did recall 'giving her will' to the one that had said he was a healer. She did recall his name being Nurgle. That symbol... it was on the medical staff's coats. Kira had felt she had no other option if she was to rid herself of the nightmares. A lone tear trickling down her face as she lashed out with her saber, pushing the mirror image back from her, dancing backwards and gathering the force to push her opponent, sending her rocketing backwards. Anger and despair flashed behind her eyes before she took control of herself once more. Instead of closing in for the 'kill' Kira shut down her saber, placing it on her belt. She wiped her tears from her face, swallowing the lump in her throat as a vision of a candle flashed briefly in her mind. If the apparition moved to strike her she would rather be struck down than turn to the darkside.

I will not turn. I will find a way to be with Locke... I love him... I will always love him. If there is a way to remove this taint I will search until I find it. I want answers and I know where to go to get them. I will not let my candle be extinguished, I will not fall from the Light.

The apparition suddenly faded, the Jedi Master that she had previously seen appearing in it's place. You have a long way to go, a hard path to follow. The future is uncertain, unwritten. Make it what you will

Dry eyed, Kira fell to her knees, feeling drained but meeting the eyes of the Ghost of the Jedi Master, his voice sounding soothing to her raw emotions. Master... can you see in the future about Locke? She felt compelled to ask, even if the future would hold an uncertain answer. He gazed upon her a while before answering.

You're still at the beginning of your life. There will be men in your life”¦ perhaps many men”¦ but if you're fortunate you'll find love once. Here his expression indicated that she had possibly met that someone in Locke. The Jedi, with their damnable sense of over-caution, would tell you love is something to avoid. Thankfully, anyone who's even partially alive knows that's not true. The spirit gave a low chuckle... being that he was a ghost and not alive at all. It served it's purpose as Kira smiled through her tears.

Love doesn't lead to the darkside. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled”¦ but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love”¦ that's what you should beware of. But love, itself, can save you”¦ not condemn you. Ahhhh, but listen to me go on as if I had all the answers. What do I know about love anymore?

Kira sat back on her heels listening to the Jedi Master as he continued to tell her where to look for other information. She turned and looked to both padawans as they battled their own demons. She spoke again to him within her mind. This dark taint... can it be removed? I know Locke still loves me, he hasn't severed our lifebond even if he has closed off from me...

The Jedi Master tapped his thumb against his chin. The future is unclear, though love, if it is strong enough, will find a way. Keep your faith. There will be dark times ahead. Do not give in to darkside and the candle will continue to burn.

Kira watched then as he faded from view. She had alot to think about...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Sahv looked upon the face of the man who had beaten him before. This time, however, the man's face was sheet-white, and his eyes a light- colored blue.

"Sahv..." His voice echoed within the padawan. The ghost moved closer, as if challenging him to yet another duel.

Sahv instinctively brought out his lightsaber, and prepared to ignite it.

"You rush to fight me, young one... but, do you know that I am evil? Or for that matter, that you are good? Sahv hesitated before answering. "I know that the man whose image you take is a murderer and a renegade!"

"Is that so?" Said the spectre, in an enthusiastic voice. He gave an audible laugh before proceeding with his interrogation of Sahv. "Well, then, I have something to show you."

In Sahv's mind flashed the scene of him when he was last in his home on Agamar. He saw as he fired a blaster at a door control console, creating a sizeable blast which engulfed a persuer. Sahv remembered his uncle, how he's been murdered, and how those who feared the power Sahv might weild after taking his place continued their assasination spree. With the help of a friend, he escaped, but not without a gunfight.

"See... you also commit violence. Is the man whose skin you scorched dead? I suppose you'll never know." The ghost continued. "I suppose that's something you'll have to deal with for the rest of your life."

Sahv became angry. "I was defending myself, and was justified in my actions that day."

The ghost snickered, attempting to further demoralize Sahv.

"You see, young one, things are not always black and white. Who is to say that Trowa Barton wasn't also just a guy 'defending himself'? Yet you flew upon him with your lightsaber in full confidence of the fact that you were right, and he wrong."

The ghosts skin turned parched, wrinkled, and a dark shade of grey. "You fool!" He said. Suddenly, a streak of blue lightning flew from his fingertips. Sahv reacted quickly, setting his lightsaber in the way of the electrical volley, stopping it in his tracks. Sahv's saber shook violently, the Force crystal trying with all of its might to take in the sheer Force which would destroy it. The blade held.

"Muhahahaha!" The ghost echoed once more, moving away from the man. "Your time will come, young one. I can promise you that. And this time, you will be left unattended to by the faculties of the Force!"

With a dramatic poof of air, the ghost dissappeared, and Sahv was left with his companions.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Kira stood as both padawan's completed their tests, aware of the spirits still watching them.

She had received some answers... well at least had answers to which direction she had to go in. She felt that part of the weight that had been rested on her shoulders had lifted at least. Kira felt that there was still a test for both padawans whilst they were here so turned back towards Dashel and Sahv.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Dashel was saved the burden of speculating on the test they had faced by the reply of ancient Jedi master whom had first addressed them.

"You have faced the fears that drive you forward. Through the search for Had Abbadon you will face your fears and worse."

The spirit continued, answering the question that had popped into three minds simultaneously.

"had Abbadon is one of the worlds on which the first stirrings of what would become the Jedi began. An ancient world, it was eventually past from the pinnacle on which it stood, and eventually slipped from the conciousness of the galaxy. Yet one did find clues here on Ossus, and she continued questing for the lost planet."

A wave of sadness seemed to spill out from the spirit. "Lal would never have passed the trials, yet she dreamed so hard of being a Jedi that she became convinced that should she find the way the masters would make her a knight by proclamation."

The feeling of sadness grew greater.

"So I followed her here, but by the time I found this place she had long departed. She became lost to the order, and though for years we sought and found small signs of her, nothing solid enough ever surfaced to warrant setting out to find her. It was the hardest order I had to give in all my years on the council."

The spirit closes its eyes, as if remembering its past.

"Through that door you will find three items. One is a holocron, detailing all that I knew about the Lal's research, and her suppositions as to where she would find Had Abbadon. Beside it are two robes, weaved in my time of the cortesis ore that shuts down lightsabers. Wear them in health."

A ripple in the air and in the force indicates the spirit is finished with them, but not before one last gift is given to Kira. A small crystal, which shines with a light from within, floats down out of the air and over her head. The spirt has one last message before it departs. Only she is privy to its last words, "Captured inside is something to aid you on the day you can finally come face to face with the darkness that touched you so profoundly. You will know when to use it."

Kira's hand automatically went out to catch the crystal, her fingers closing around it's smooth surface. The emotions of the spirit were still vivid as if what had happened within it's past was only yesterday.

She stepped forward, through the door to pick up the holocron, leaving the two padawan's to pick up the robes. Kira would hand the holocron over to the archivist at the temple for safe keeping when they returned. She felt the air shimmering around her, runes lighting up along the hidden corridor behind the open doorway. She paused, waiting for the padawan's to come to terms with what they had just been witness to before confidently stepping out to follow the lighted pathway back to the surface.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Following Kirana through the door, Sahv found one of the aforementioned robes and picked it up. It's outer skin was a soft leather, which rippled just as a normal robe did. The inner threads, however, were weavings of cortosis, the impenetrable substance which had become so popular among lightsaber users.

"Well..." Sahv said as he put it on. "It fits perfectly."

He followed Kirana's lead to the surface, passing the narrow halls of the library, taking note of points by which he might come back in the future. The place intrigued Sahv, and ignited in him a curiosity that he had never known before.

As they walked, Sahv spoke to Kirana...

"This place has many... secrets... just waiting to be discovered. I don't mean knowledge about the darkside, I would never want to explore that. There is history here... people once lived and died to preserve these records. To think that there were men and women like you, me and Dashel... going through the same stuff we go through. It is refreshing, to say the least. I don't know... I suppose I've always been fascinated by the past."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

The new robe fit perfectly, slipping into place beneath the robes Dashel already possessed. Its slight weight did little to restrict his movements and made his robes feel more settled about him.

He followed Sahv and Kira through the door leading out. It was as they were leaving that he felt something press against him, as softly as a newborn breeze, but something substantial nonetheless. Suprised, Dashel put his hand to where he had felt the pressure and found a small pocket that he had not noticed before. In it was a small hologram of a young Jedi knight.

Dashel nearly lossed his breath at the sight of the women in the hologram. She was the one whom he had witnessed so often in his dreams. He knew that he was looking at the Spiritis apprentice. He wondered what Lal had to do with his homeworld and why it felt as if she was at least partly responsible for the other that existed in his mind.

Kira smiled sadly at Sahv,

"Too often we forget places like these, where we can learn from our ancestors. Or maybe it is to keep them protected, safe areas in which to keep the enemies from knowing their existance. If that is your interest, what you wish to focus on, you should see Ish Ka Bibl when we return. Or one of the other Council members if you wish to delve into the archives."

She paused, feeling the flow of the Force swirling around them while they waited for Dashel to rejoin them.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

As the three emerged onto the surface of Ossus, Dashel hung back a moment considering what he had learned about himself. He looked at his two companions and wondered what they had learned about themselves, then decided that should they ever decide to tell the story, he hoped to be there to hear their point of view.

For now, he was sure Master Kira had a new destination in mind, and would be giving them the new coordinates shortly. He grinned at the thought and hurried to catch up to his companions where he awaited Kira's next command.

Kira stood for a while outside of her ship, just breathing in the sultry air as the sky began to darken. They'd been in there for hours though it hadn't seemed all that long. Finally she entered her ship, pausing to glance at Dashel before going in to see Sahv at the work bench. She still had her crystal within her hand and now placed it into her pocket while she made up a wire frame in which to place it in, and attach it to a chain as a pendant. Kira took the crystal from her pocket and carefully inserted it into its holder. The crystal would be secure but also touch her skin as she wore it. The chain she made long enough so that it would rest beneath her robes securely. Once she had completed this, she held it up so that it would catch the light within the hold before she placed it around her neck, tucking it in beneath her robes.

She looked up at Sahv, touching Dashel's mind as well.

"Care for something to eat before we return to Coruscant?"

Once they had returned she would seek out the other Council members and have a word to them about the padawan's and about Ossus as well.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"Care for something to eat before we return to Coruscant?" Kirana asked...

"Actually," Sahv replied, "I think I can wait a bit before eating. It must be someting about that subterranean air, but my stomach isn't exactly in its prime at the moment."

Sahv went over to his ship to set it in autopilot with a heading toward Coruscant. He watched as the ship lifted off the ground, and then did some basic systems checks on Kirana's vessel to prepare for departure.

Edited by Guest
SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

A complaining stomach answered Kira's question for her. "Master, if it is okay with you, I will head to the galley and prepare some food for all of us. I promise it to be food gentle to ailing stomachs. First though, I am thinking we all need to clean up. Personally, I usually don't enjoy the dust of ages past sharing my meal with me."

So saying, Dashel proceeded into the ship and head to the refresher attached to his and Sahv's room. He took a quick but thorough shower and once finished dressing, headed to the galley where he found the necessary food that would please each person, including soothing Sahv's stomach.

Thinking that a shower and to be cleaned up would be a great idea about now, since she had now finished what she had to do she gave a nod to Dashel at his suggestion.

She headed into her room and selected a set of deep midnight blue robes, trimmed with silver. She stepped into her sonic shower, letting the dust, dirt and grim wash away along with the remnants of her tears... she pulled off the 'second skin' from her face and back of her hands that had been covering her tattoos. It was time to reveal that she did indeed have the traditional tattoo's of her people. They were also across her heart but she had for some reason been hiding them by a covering of synthetic skin. Whatever she had done in the past, the memories that had been taken from her, must have been important enough for her to hide her heritage. She knew of others that had hidden the tattoos as well, usually those in the public eye. She shrugged her shoulders as she cleaned off the remaining remnants of the skin.

Kira stepped out of the shower and dressed in her new robes, attaching her saber and daggers to her belt before heading back into the living area of her freighter. The Lost Soul wasn't as large or luxurious as the ship she shared with Locke, more a standard freighter than anything else. She wondered if Locke had thought to put her things in her room at the academy or not...

Shaking her head from that line of thought she headed into the galley to see what Dashel was up to, reaching for the plates and cutlry. She enjoyed her padawan's cooking. It was nice to have someone else cooking for a change.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Sahv was enthused about Dashel's cooking...

"This is fantastic! I don't eat much foreign food, but you Triani have quite an... intersting sense of taste. I like it."

Sahv turned to Kirana as she entered the main galley. There was something different about her that he could not immediately pinpoint. He did not want to intrude.

"Master Kirana, what are we to do when we arrive at Coruscant? I imagine cleanup efforts are under way... perhaps we should assist in that. Do you think, it was wise putting the main base of the Jedi Order on the most populated planet?"

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Sahv's remark earns him a very strange look from Dashel. "Its not like I am a chef preparing signature meals my friend, rather its the food prepartion unit that does the work. All I do is read the labels."

Dashel leaves the small dining area for the cockpit of the ship to begin the preflight of the vessel. He listens carefully for Kira's response to Sahv's question.[/i]

Kira gave them both a knowing smile and as Dashel left for the cockpit she answered cryptically so both could hear.

"You might be too busy to assist in the clean up."

She then gave alittle thought to how she would answer the second part of his query.

"The Academy of old used to be there. No matter where we go, we will always be found by our enemies through one means or another. At least on Coruscant we can make a stand, put in defenses to keep them at bay."

She moved out to the cockpit as well, taking the co-pilot's chair and leaving Dashel to pilot them back to Coruscant. She wasn't sure if Locke would still be there on their return, nor if he would want to see her or not. She hoped that he did, she couldn't suppress how she felt for him... to lose him was to lose her heart.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"I see..." Sahv said, nodding his head.

"How many bases are there at this time? I have only seen the Jedi consulate on Mon Calamari, and heard of Jedi training facilities on other planets such as Borleas."

Sahv made sure the dishes were stored securely, and looked out the window as the ship rose out of the mist, into the atmosphere and out to space.

((Continue in space thread...))

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Damon's ship came out of hyper space and landed not to far away from the jedi libary. Damon wanted to see if Klee would notice it on his own. Damon awoke his padawan who came to quite quickly.

"Come Klee it is time for you to begin." Damon lead him off his ship and on to the planet surface. After both were on the ground he could see that Kleew was in a sense of wonder and aw.

"Kleew. This is the planet Ossus. I have trained here, I have lived here, and I have discovered here. Ossus is a planet of mystery and wonder. Ossus has a pull on the force that may be only compared to that of Illum. You will need to learn all that it can offer to you. Klee welcome to the start of your training as my padawan that will let you become a knight."

Edited by Guest

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

OOC:Um, Damon, my name is Kleew-Sele not "Klee" lol.

IC: "Yes, master."

Kleew-Sele said when he stepped on to this planet full of mystery. He was amazed by this planet. Kleew-Sele walked next to his master, wondering what would be the 1st part of his trianing.

"What shall we do first, master?"

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

"Well first lets start with some basics. I know you were in classes, but I do not know all of what you had learned. Lets start small." Damon looked over at a pile of rocks and small stones.

"I wanted you try and lift the biggest piece of stone you can. Then have it circle around you three times before putting back down."

Kleew-Sele looked to were his master was just pointing. Without hesitation he replied

"Yes, Master."

Kleew-Sele closed his eyes. He cleared his mind, and focused on nothing but the stone. The stone slowly rose. When it was about three feet off of the ground, Kleew-Sele brought it a foot away from his body, and began to rotate it. When he rotated it three times, he brought it back to were it was once placed. He was lowering it, when he heard a howling noise around him. The stone dropped immediatly, and Kleew-Sele's eyes opened. He looked toward were he heard the noise. It was nothing, but a swift gust of air. He looked to his master, and said

"I'm sorry, Master."

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

"It is ok. After all no one person is a expert force user as a padawan. Still you performed quite well and met my expections. Now lets try somthing a little differnt, I want you to run with the force. The same way you would work with the force to move items I want you to run with the force. If you know how of course, if not do not worry for I will teach you. Now if you can run."