Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Even as Ben'a made it out and got his saber ready, Tares appeared in the doorway. Before he had rolled from the force push back and his feet. From there, Tares could feel the currents of the air moving swiftly in and out from Ben'a's physical presence.

Tracking this movement, it led Tares to the doorway. From there he used the force to fling a chunk of rock in the physical space he saw Ben'a in....

tares.jpg

It surprised and at once intrigued Ben'a how Tares tracked him, but then, that was why he was a Jedi Master, and Ben'a was a Knight. He could sense and hear the rock coming at him, but instead of igniting his saber to bat it aside, he took hold of it with the Force. If this was to be a contest of control, then so too should it be a contest of wills.

The rock halted in midair, and another rock rose to meet it a few inches opposite.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Fortunately, the focus Ben'a had on the rock allowed Tares to swiftly move. Approaching the Knight, Tares sent his hand out to Ben'a face, naturally forcing him back a step.

Using the backwards step, Tares simply guided the momentum down of the young body down into a backwards roll on the ground. From there the Jedi stood back, awaiting the effects of the roll....

tares.jpg

Like a current of water, Ben'a allowed the force of Tares's push to knock him to the ground, maintaining the focus on the rocks as he rolled backward. As he recovered his poise, the two stones pelted forward, striking the Jedi master hard about the head and shoulders.

With that moment of distraction, Ben'a lept to the side, using the momentum of the jump to spring off of the wall, landing behind where Tares stood. He then ignited his lightsaber, its purple blade bathed the dark corridor in an eerie violet glow. It was inevitable that the lightsaber would be used in this duel...but still, who was in control? What was the object of this fight, what was Tares trying to prove?

"How far will this go, Master Tares?"

As he waited for a reply, Ben'a's focus intensified, seeing into the possible as the Jedi master turned to face him...

goodwoodsig.jpg

Even before Ben'a had the chance of getting into a ready stance, Tares was turned. With the turn, he sent a round house kick into Ben'a hands. Not actually touching the hands however, his foot instead hit the exposed portion of the bottom of the hilt. With the force of the impact, the hilt sprang free from the hands.

Still using his on going momentum, Tares used the small natural spring Ben'a was in from the attack. Gently he took ahold of the knight's wrist, lightly pressing on a rather nasty pressure point in the upper portion of the underside. Naturally this sent the knight down. From there Tares simply brought the knight to a lying position on the ground face down. Hovering just above him, he held Ben'a's arm pressing it towards the knights head, just below the breaking point.

"I guess I will allow this to stop now." He said with a laugh. Releasing his grip, he backed off a few paces then sat down.

"Have you seen the point yet?"

tares.jpg

Even before Ben'a had the chance of getting into a ready stance, Tares was turned. With the turn, he sent a round house kick into Ben'a hands. Not actually touching the hands however, his foot instead hit the exposed portion of the bottom of the hilt. With the force of the impact, the hilt sprang free from the hands.

Still using his on going momentum, Tares used the small natural spring Ben'a was in from the attack. Gently he took ahold of the knight's wrist, lightly pressing on a rather nasty pressure point in the upper portion of the underside. Naturally this sent the knight down. From there Tares simply brought the knight to a lying position on the ground face down. Hovering just above him, he held Ben'a's arm pressing it towards the knights head, just below the breaking point.

"I guess I will allow this to stop now." He said with a laugh. Releasing his grip, he backed off a few paces then sat down.

"Have you seen the point yet?"

tares.jpg

As Tares released his now somewhat bruised arm and backed off, Ben'a extracted himself from the floor, all the time thinking about how quickly the Jedi master had knocked his lightsaber from his grasp. He was still feeling somewhat dizzy when he summoned his weapon back to him through the Force, and reattached it to his belt. What was the point of this? Was it to demonstrate control, will, or just raw skill? There had to be a point to this exercise; if there was one thing he was sure of, it was that Jedi Masters did not do anything meaningless or pointless.

"I am not quite sure, Master Tares," Ben'a said as he sat down opposite him. "Could it have been to demonstrate my lack of control? Or was it to show that you had it from the start, when I expressly gave it to you? Or...no, that can't be it.

"No, Master, I do not yet see it..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Tares laughed, "Don't worry, you're halfway there. It took me years to figure out this single point, it only came to me after the events that left me injuried. The points are simple here though: First, you did give me your portion of the control right at the beginning of this battle."

Shifting alittle, Tares rubbed the back of his head where the rocks struck as he spoke, "No matter what is going on in any situation, the fact is that you can gain control of that situation. The only way to do this though is to have people offer you that control. The way to keep control is to lead that person, letting them willingly follow. In terms of combat, this means guiding a person's attack and intent to where you wish it to go. Outside however, takes some adaptability."

He smiled once more, "The main point is this: You can always have control. It just takes practice, calm, and focus. In the battle back there, I didn't ask you if I could have control, but you gave it to me none the less. I allowed your desire to show me what you were capable of to fuel my control of the situation. There were times you had your saber ready, but each time I guided you away from it, the last time in fact resulted in you on the floor. Towards the end you really got me with those rocks, and despite my intent to continue, I knew that in my current condition I couldn't continue. Instead of losing control however, I simply led you to the ground to a point that I had complete control. All of this you can do as well, with practice, calm, and focus. Questions?"

tares.jpg

Ben'a thought upon what Tares was telling him. What the Jedi master was saying not only made sense, but explained so much of what he had been through in his Knighthood. Even in situations when he had eventually prevailed, control was rarely in his grasp completely. That was what he needed most of all, control, for he had been too reckless, for too long. But how was he to acquire this? Undoubtably, Tares would help him in this.

"Yes, Master Tares, I do have a question..." Ben'a was now looking into the man before him, sensing how he felt...it intrigued him how, frail though he was due to some unknown malady, Tares was able to dictate the terms of the combat. "What was it that happened to you that drained you of your strength?"

Ben'a looked ashamed then, for this was indeed a very personal question. He held up a hand to stop Tares from speaking, as he thought up a more appropriate query. "I apologize. What do you suggest that I do in order to learn control?"

goodwoodsig.jpg

"No need to be sorry, the fact is I thought most of the Jedi already knew. It happened a few months ago back when we were engaged with the Sith forces. I took a hit pretty hard, damaging alot of my body to the point that I had to recieve surgury and implants to survive. Since then I've been working on regaining much of what I lost." He said.

Getting up onto his feet, Tares continued, "The first thing you must learn to do is how to control and what to do with that control. From there, you will learn how to get this control from the start. I feel this will aid you much along your new path...."

tares.jpg

As Tares rose to his feet, Ben'a followed, all the while thinking of how he could attain control over a potential opponent. The most obvious method was to initiate the combat himself, on his own terms, but this was a direct contridiction of not only the most basic principles of the Jedi Code, but also his own morality. In all his combats, over his time with the Order, he had never been the aggressor...he had been the defender. On Hoth, and then on Coruscant...he was fighting for others, not himself. But whatever he would do to learn control, here in this long-buried archive was not the place to do it.

"Master Tares, I believe that we should continue this lesson elsewhere. I...I don't think it appropriate that we remain in this place, it is too old and devoid of the Living Force. Perhaps Naboo? Or maybe Kashyyyk? The more life, the better..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a had, of course, been to the villa that Tares had mentioned. It had been where he had brought Nahstaa, the former Sith apprentice, to meet his sister Skye. It hsd been through his actions that the two had met...and that Nahstaa had been brought back into the light, and into the Jedi Order. Indeed...life was full of interesting twists and turns, and that was what made it interesting. He let Tares make his own way back to the surface, because the Jedi Knight had his own things to think about. One of those lightsabers that he had found had looked particularly interesting...

After about an hour of making his way through the underground complex, Ben'a emerged from the tunnel. The weapon he had been eyeing was still there, so he snatched it up and clipped it onto his belt opposite his uncle's lsaber...one of these days, he would have to recontruct his own lightsaber. But as he ascended the boarding ramp into the Millennium Skyray, he put this thought aside for now. The journey ahead, though it would be routine, was a long one nonetheless. He sealed the hull, sat in the pilot's chair, fired up the repulsorlifts, and brought the sleek craft into the air, engaging the ion engines and blasting out of the atmosphere. The tumaltuous skies of Ossus, witness to untold battles in millennia long past, fell away, and the vessel and her pilot were bathed in starlight and starstreaks as she entered hyperspace.

goodwoodsig.jpg

He called the force to him. He took the force that was around him and channled it into his hand slowly. After he had put all that he could into his right hand he aimed at pine tree and with a push of his mind he fired. He thought if Deilta could only knock over a tree about the size of himslef he would have about the same result. He was wrong he did not knock over the pine, but he did put a pretty big hole, the size of himself in the mighty tree.

"Master thank you for this teaching, but I think I might of over did that one. I feel very drained."

life is what you make it

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Nom couldn't help but feel a little guilty about the destruction they were all causing, he figured it was time to stop destroying the forest.

"Ok, great job both of you. Your patience is about to pay off. Its time for combat training. I understand that both of you are tired so we will rest first. Trust me, extensive amounts of fighting is very tiring."

With the force as his guide, Nom continued to make way back to camp with his two padawans behind him. After only a few minutes of walking, a thought had occured to him.

"I think we all know each other well enough to get rid of formalities. Just relax, feel free to say and or express what ever you want. you guys seem so uptight."

Once they returned to the camp Nom started to head to his sleeping bag.

"Once you are ready, grab one of the vibroblades I brought from Delia's ship and come speak to me. I suggest both of you get some rest."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

With the vibroblade in his hand Yue took a baic judo stance that would let him strike at a moment's notice.

"I am not sure about Delita, but I do not need to rest. I'm ready."

Life begins when you take it with your hands.

Nom sat up from his sleeping bag looking rather alarmed. Either both Delita and Yue were very skilled with a vibroblade or both were very arrogant.

"All right, this should get interesting. Since I don't know what to expect from either of you, I'm going to have you duel each other so I can observe you both simultaneously. Just remember, I don't want you two to harm each other, this is just a practice duel."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

After hearing what master Nom had said he had to change his apporach to the sitution. It has been a while since he faught hand to hand with a vibroblade, but even longer since he has faught with one VS some one who used assasain stances.

"This should be very interesting Delita my friend. Let us both fight with honor."

When all is lost, and darkness consumes all. Look in for the light shall shine bright

Delita turned, and faced Yue. Most of his life, he has fought most of his life either with a blaster or a vibroblade. But never has he fought someone he knew... Quickly, he turned back to his master.

"How are we to fight master? I don't want to kill or seriously wound him. I'm a bit confused..."

Through the talk, he kept the corner of his eyes on Yue, never be exposed to the enemy...

He began scanning the terrain and the breathing patterns of Yue.

He holds a bit more weight to his left side. the large stones offer good hiding and illusions. Just gotta dodge around 'till he's tired so I can just knock him out...

Delita.jpg

accept the challenges so you can feel the exhiliration of victory
-General George S. Patton

Delita was right, there was no need to wound him. Just have to disarm him and make him kneel. This was no easy task, but Yue knew if waited for the opening he would find his chance. He knew he had to be careful. He shifted more to his left side to make a defensive akido stance. Hopefuly letting Delita make the first move is the right choice.

"Delita, trust me the feeling is mutal. I do not wish to hurt you, but lets make this interesting. For I know you must be a strong fighter, but do not underest me friend. So come forth"

When all is lost, and darkness consumes all. Look in for the light shall shine bright

"no thanks" He smiled and began swaying, shifting his weight from leg to leg as not to leave one part undefended. He lowered his blade by his side and waited for Yue's moove.

Standard Defensive, keep mooving, flow like the river, and watch the enemie's movements untill it's time to strike.

Delita felt the force flowing towards his fingertips as he flung a small pebble towards Yue's forehead...

Delita.jpg

The pebble caused Yue to lose momentary focus on Delita. Delita movements were a standard defenisve ploy. Foucs, do not let him slip you. Taking slow steps twoards Delita, each move was a change in blance and stance. Righ offense, left defense, right defense, left offense. Nothing showed itself for a promising move. Maybe if he was forced open it might give him his chance.

He lept at Deltia from his right with his blade backwards in his hand. He slashed at Delita, but missed because he wanted to. Then he aimed the force with his right hand at the ground to generate a storm of dust. He leaped into the trees and tried to hide from Delita.

"Come on friend. I know you are better than this."

He now waited to see what Delita would do after the dust settled.

By the time the dust settled, Delita was already out of sight. He used forcespeed to thrust towards some hiding. From there he used force sight and located Yue, thrust the force and destroyed Yue's hiding.

Something's not right, Yue should've seen that coming...

He held up the Vibroblade, and made a short jab towards Yue's right arm, but still keeping himself in safety...

Delita.jpg

The blade made contact and took a chuck of skin with it. The pain was noticable but not enough to lose foucs . Taking the chance, Yue used force speed and hammered Delita in the chest with his left hand. The impact of the hit pushed Delita back and knocking the blade out Delita's hand.

"Pick it back up Delita. I know your just getting started, and yes I saw that coming.

Delita smiled, "I was hoping you weren't that bad"

He used the force and pulled the blade back towards him. Also, he used force to create a crater before him and spray sand towards Yue. With that, he used forcespeed to circle around Yue and do theese two things: elbow Yue in the back of the neck, and send a large quanity of sticks and stones(that can break your bones lol) towards him as he fell. Without looking if his target was hit, he instantly used forcespeed again to hide in the woods.

”œBeware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Delita.jpg

Spitting the dust and blood out of his mouth the sound flooded his ears. Yue realized now is the time not to pull any punchs. He pushed out the sound and foucsed on finding Delita. He closed his eyes saw that Delita was hidden in an area to north. He ran choaticly twoards Delita creating small pockets of dust as he went.

Taking a page out of Delita's book he force threw sticks and stones to force Delita to move. Lucky for Yue Delita moved right into his hands. He side steped and landed a force speed punch on his left ribs. He followed with a round house to Delita's right knocking him to the ground. Then he drove his knee into Delita's back. Yue felt his friends body go limp. He stood to see how bad the damge he delt was. Delita leaped away from Yue at force speed and hid once again in the woods singing that damn song.

"Theres a reason I don't like possums. Now come on you laid out the challange. I've maid my move, lets see your's!"

The thought of stopping the fight crossed Nom's mind but for only a second. He could tell that both were very skilled in combat. They were already using the force as well as their vibroblades. He could teach them more about the force but he would wait to see who was victorious. Nom would just let the fight continue a little longer before he added his two cents...

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

"My moove..."

Delita forcsped in a half circle to come face to face with Yue. Delita has been an excellent fist fighter for some time now. And since Yue decided to plant a few in him, he decided to return the favor... Doing his best to supress his feelings.

He first threw his vibroblade into Yue's left foot, sticking him to the ground as Delita preformed staccatto punches into Yue's torso, left left right right right left right left, Yue lowered his arms to block his gut, and Delita finished with a strong uppercut in Yue's chin. He then removed his blade from Yue's foot as he fell, and raised his own arm to cut Yue's right Tricep. With that he used forcepush to send Yue's body flying through the woods.

He forcesped back to camp...

"Master, we have both sustained a lot of damage, shouldn't we end this now before one of us get's permamently wounded?"

Delita.jpg

The pain now was intense and almost to much to bare. Yue forced him self up. The cut was not as bad as he thought. Delita was starting to push it, pretty soon we might end up killing each other. Yue knew that he had to end. He felt Delita though the force and force ran to him. He heard Delita say

"Master, we have both sustained a lot of damage, shouldn't we end this now before one of us get's permamently wounded?"

Yue arrived right behind Delita and said

"Delita your right I will end this."

With that Yue hit delita in the back of the neck. He followed with a right in the spine, and then with with a left kick at his knee's. Yue finally grabbed Delita by head and held his blade at his thoart.

"Now Delita you have two choices. One yeild and lose, or two move and have your thoart slit and lose. My choice friend is choice two."