Tython

“Exiting hyperspace at the traced coordinates, master.”

Sheog sipped noisily from a chalice filled with fine brandy as he looked over his star and hyperspace charts. He was perplexed at his readings. Their location was far within the deep core, which was treacherous as far as hyperspace jumps could go. He was following old hyperspace routs from the times of The Old Republic, coordinated with the trace he had gotten on the Jedi ships, along with the maps known to the Sith. He had lost half of his fighters due to hyperpace fluxes, which was annoying, and when he was annoyed, he ate. In fact, when he was feeling any type of emotion, he ate. Resetting his ship’s designation, to that of his Hutt family, he felt more reassured about the meeting with the Jedi.

There was only one planet that lay on this hyperpace route, which had not been touched by the Sith since the time of Darth Bane, and before him, the Krath Dark Lord, Belia Darzu and her infamous technobeasts, of which he was jealous. Taking up his chalice once again, he drained the contents, and commanded The Cake is a Lie to exit hyperspace at the edge of the system. His trace had followed through, and the Jedi were now once again to be hunted. His crimson eyes glowed slightly as he observed the planet from a distance, sitting like an oceanic, forested gem, alone within the galaxy. The only planet close enough by to be of interest, was Haruun Kal, which only served as a small support base for the Jedi, and home to a small business of Sheog’s, the Thyssl-Bark trade.

<>

The Cake is a Lie slowly approached the world of Tython, with the remaining members of Greyjoy squadron staying within the far reaches of the system, in order to take down any ships that entered the system to reinforce the Jedi. There was only one small city with a decent spaceport, and more importantly, a good restaurant in order for him to try the local cuisine: Ashla. The planet resonated with The Force.

Selecting an overpriced luxury starport, which advertised some rather exotic specialities in which Sheog had no interest in as a Hutt, he set The Cake is a Lie down upon the landing platform. With a smile, he exited his ship, pushing himself down the landing ramp to the metallic plating of the port, with Hayley marching in tow in her fatigues, emblazoned with the Hutt order’s insignia. Paying the starport’s keeper, with a handsome tip in addition for his silence, he set off towards the city’s eateries.

Selecting a large, family-owned bakery, named, rather stupidly: The Sugar Plum Bakery, which existed outside the starport, as his destination of choice, Sheog breathed in a large gulp of the Tythonian air and sighed with pleasure. It was a good spot for a vacaction, and an even better spot for a battle. Entering the bakery, he paid for a pair of baker’s caps, one in a XXXXXL size for himself, and one in a small for his accomplice, Hayley. Taking up a pair of headphones for the both of them, he started the audiophone tour of the bakery, which began with a bit of family history of the proprietors, Susan and Sharon Sugar-Plum. Listening to the drolling tone of the guide, who spoke of persecution on Nal Hutta for the pair, who were a couple, Sheog sighed. It was going to be a long tour. He hated hearing about the hate-crimes of Hutts, mixed with an unhealthy overtone of Liberalism and trite statements about personal freedoms.

((OOC: Trace established on Dahar's ship,here.

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?

The blonde-haired teenager took the small cube-like device from the elderly woman as she continued her instruction on how to use the teaching aide, examining it's brilliantly ornate surface through her sight in the Force.

It felt exceptionally old, and heavy with knowledge and what Elnia thought was the personality of the one who'd created it. As Master Starlisk had taught her, she explored those thoughts and feelings she was receiving through the Force. Suddenly the holocron began to glow brighter in the Force, and a tall hooded figure stood before her arms outstretched and beckoning.

I am Master Q'Anilia, what do you wish to learn young one?

Elnia nearly dropped the holocron in surprise, but she held fast, entranced by the Force-figure before her. Beneath her hood, she could see bindings around her eyes as well. "Are you a Miraluka?" The young girl asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

I am child, though I doubt you requested this holocron to ask me that.

Elnia looked to the librarian, only to find that she'd gone back to her other duties with the girl's successful activation of the holochron. The young Miraluka turned back to her Force-teacher and meekly said, "Your're right. Master Starlisk instructed me to study the different forms of lightsaber combat."

The hooded figure nodded. Let's go to the gardens or training areas where we'll have more room for you to practice movement. I dare say the others that are here studying wouldn't appreciate such distraction from their own tasks, Master Q'Anilia remarked, then smiled as though remembering something in the distant past. Then again they might. Either way well need the room for proper instruction.

Elnia nodded obediently, and, after checking with the Librarian for approval, left for the gardens with the holochron. She still had the practice saber with her, and made sure to choose a spot that had plenty of open space and was devoid of occupants, so she wouldn't accidentally injure someone.

There are many different forms of lightsaber combat, the first, and most basic is Shii Cho. Before we wielded our blades of light, our first weapons were heavy swords. As we evolved as an Order, so, too, did our primary means of defending ourselves from the Dark Ones.

The moves in this form are best suited to facing multiple opponents, rather than single combatants. In essence this form serves well as the backbone for the others to build upon, so we shall start with that.

Now, Padawan, ignite your blade and follow my movements.

The young Miraluka did as instructed, but copied the movements with the grace of a stumbling bantha. She wasn't comfortable with the bladed weapon, never before handling a weapon of any type. She kept attempting the sequence over and over under Master Q'Anilia's patiently, watchful supervision. It was almost painful to watch.

Slowly, to get used to the blade. You must not fight it. The blade is an extension of you and of the Force, you must seek balance and trust yourself. As Miraluka you are constantly tied in to the Force and it guidence, don't shut yourself off from it simply because you hold something unfamiliar! Again!

The poor girl tried, but her strikes and movements still appeared clumsy. She wanted to please Master Starlisk by showing him that she'd been able to learn something on her own, but it was proving more difficult than she thought. Diligently, she kept at it for the next several hours under the constant corrections and eternally patient voice of the long-dead master.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Regarding Sheog's appearance on the planet:

Some complaints were made about this, and I talked it over behind the scenes with another mod. Sheog, a hyperspace sensor trace like that would ordinarily be sufficient to track someone to their destination, given that they didn't take any precautionary hyperspace jumps. This is the situation here, as Dahar did not take those precautions. However, the issue is not the method, but rather the timing. You posted establishing the sensor trace after Dahar had left Gala. Especially in light of recent rulings, ex post facto actions are not allowed. The best way to avoid this is to use a homing device, as most people post leaving a planet and jumping into hyperspace in the same post.

I know that Dahar posted saying he was okay with this development, but this incursion is beyond the scope of any individual, as the entire Jedi Order may be involved if their Temple is discovered.

Due to these factors, Sheog's arrival is nulled. He was unable to establish a sensor trace in time, and is thusly still above Gala.

The Force worked in mysterious ways... Especially for users who brush with the opposite side.

A light whisper came into Dahar's ear. "Silly Dahar..." If he concentrated, maybe he would recognize the voice. But the audio was so light and quick it may be missed easily.

--Incoming Comm for Elnia Nexma from Onderin Starlisk--

"Hello, Elnia. I apologize for the length of my absence, but matters have evolved to continue to claim my time. I hope that your studies have progressed well through the library and whatever else you could pick up.

"I think it's time for us to resume, but I must remain on the Eternal Vigilance due to Jedi Council business. When you can, go to the hangar and ask another Jedi or a droid pilot to bring you here. We are currently orbiting Coruscant.

"I look forward to your arrival, padawan."

--End Comm--

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Elnia still awkwardly moved through the movements of Shii Cho, but had come to a passing grasp of Niman that she hoped would please her Master. It had taken her several days and hours of practice with the holochron to even achieve that. 

She woke one morning to a strange sound that she couldn't identify at first, but she was able to find the source coming from a small com unit that the librarian had given her, along with a set of proper Padawan robes and boots. 

It was a com from her Master instructing her to meet him somewhere as soon as she was able. She wasn't doing much else currently other than remaining under instruction from the Miraluka master in the holochron in regards to lightsaber combat. She was eager to return to her teacher.

All trace of grogginess left her when she heard the message and was quickly replaced by excitement as she showered and dressed. 

It had taken Elnia a while to get used to the soft leather boots since she'd been barefoot most of her life.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

• 3 weeks later...

Over the course of a few weeks the Jedi Master had been very busy. In his time of seclusion at the Jedi sanctuary he had spent much time in self reflection and training. Over the years he had perfected the skills of retribution and serenity, two key ingredients in the practice of Wru'torr shaped by Master Kirlocca. The Wookiee Master had taught him the basics of the fighting form. In his solitude Dahar had been studying shatterpoints, or critical weaknesses in an object found through the Force. There were no enemies to quarrel with here so he had spent much time against the elements. He performed most of his experiments on large boulders the size of small rooms. Through the Force he would seek out the shatterpoint and with a blow of his hand level the boulder to dust. He had not perfected it easily however, dealing with many uncomfortable injuries in the proccess.

His other task, one of much more importance, was to prepare the Force lattice that could potentially bring Master Darkfire back from the netherrealm of the Force and into the body the now Darth Ares possessed. Instead of revenge Dahar would seek justice against the Sith who had defeated him. Secured deep inside the temple were force infused crystals that he would use, however they would need to be prayed over and his own energy buried deep inside to truly accomplish the goal. Dahar had been touched by the Sith Ares, so he was surely an appropriate Jedi to aid in his demise. He considered, however, that perhaps a Jedi who had known Master Darkfire would be best to finish the task. He would consult the council about this matter.

The Force ghost of Master Aryian had revelated to himself and the now MIA Scorp Ession the exact pattern the lattice would need to be constructed in. After spending weeks infusing the crystals with the strongest of energies, in full meditation, he brought them far into the forest. In a secluded spot he began to arrange the crystals in the pattern stored on his datapad. Truthyfully he did not know if this plan would work, but if anyone should know it would be the fabled Darkfire himself.

After completing his task Master Raikanda headed into the city. His shuttle was waiting there to take him to meet with the council. He boarded and left in a series of microjumps to cover his tracks.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

• 2 months later...

I trudged my way back to my quarters one evening, tired but satisfied with the day's work in the archives, and found that I had a message waiting. It was from my old master Onderin.

"Greetings, Aira," the hologram said. "I hope you've been well. I have a mission for you. Knight Adenna Alluyen and I are going to try to cure Master Geki's mind, and I volunteered you to assist."

My eyebrows raised on my smooth dark skin. I had little experience in such things. But I was sure Onderin had assigned me for a reason. I was willing to try at least; I was sure that many Jedi would rather kill Geki than attempt to cure his madness. With a shrug, I threw my things in my carry-all and headed for the exit. When I got to the city tomorrow, I'd head out.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

• 1 month later...

Two craft popped out of hyperspace over Tython--an E-wing registered to Onderin Starlisk, and the Blur, the personal craft of Aryian Darkfire and then Darth Ares. For the moment, Ares was incapacitated and secured, and Onderin felt like the end of a chapter of the man's life was at hand. It had been a long road so far, and Aryian had gone from aspiring Jedi to one of the Order's finest warriors to a husband to a Sith Lord. It was still a mystery why he had fallen away from the path of a Jedi, but everything was in place to bring about the conclusion of his time lost in the dark and back to the good man he once had been. And then... then he would have to face everything he had done, and see where the Force would lead him next.

The two ships descended through the planet's atmosphere not toward Ashla or the hidden Jedi Temple, but to a seemingly innocuous place in one of the world's vast forests. As they approached, however, Onderin could feel the energy radiating from the place in the Force, a powerful phenomenon that almost made him uncomfortable. The Force was powerful, more powerful than even he could comprehend, and it was only through power that Ares' madness be purged and his body reunited with his true self.

Finding a nearby clearing, the two ships set down. Ares was still unconscious, but the drugs were beginning to wear off, and he would come to in mere minutes. Onderin lifted the man with the Force, determined to have Ares in the trap before he awoke and had to be defeated again. Honestly, in such a condition as he was after their last fight, Onderin wasn't sure he could do it a second time. He would need to spend a few hours in a healing trance as soon as this was over.

Using the Force to guide him because his eyes would not detect the trap that had been laid, Onderin walked into the forest, Ares' body in tow....

((You can take it from here.))

3C12kbA.png

((Sorry this took so long man, I've been running around all weekend doing errands and crap, and now we have a hurricane moving up on us. I'll free you up out of this.))

For a moment after Ares' body was laid on the trap, nothing happened. The body twitched a few times, before a low audible hum began growing in Onderin's ears, and the Force began to swell. The crystal lattice that made up the circular trap began to faintly glow, and then flared into white hot spots of pure focal points in the Force. Ares himself began screaming, rising immediately as he grabbed his head, his eyes replaced with similar white-hot orbs that the crystals now appeared as. And as the Force began to swell into an enormous tidal wave of raw energy, a very clear image of Aryian Darkfire materialized just outside the trap. For the time being, the ghostly Jedi Master ignored Onderin, focusing on the task at hand.

"You have caused enough pain and destruction for a hundred lifetimes. It is time you were put to rest permanently, and you will never be allowed to wreak havoc on the galaxy again."

"NOOOOO!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

The Force seemed to burn like a pyre as the midichlorians went to work, and Aryian stepped into the trap. Ares' body began to burn with a blue fire, completely disintegrating in the course of under a minute. The red ghost of Ares, still screaming, remained as Aryian moved towards it, through him, fusing the two halves of the whole together again.

A deafening bass pulse of raw Force energy shot outwards from the trap, the magnitude of which would only be surpassed by the massacre of millions at once. Anyone in the star system would feel the ripples, extremely sensitive in the Force or barely any midichlorians at all. Aryian helped to shield Onderin from the blast, the Jedi Master being so close to ground zero it was likely to shatter his mind. And in an instant, it was over. The trap was dead, the crystals little more than charred dust on the ground.

Aryian, whole, yet still a ghost, stood before Onderin. Still he reached out with the Force, attempting to soothe and assist him in recovering from such an intense event.

"I will be back soon. Thank you. Ares will never again be released upon the galaxy. I only hope that when I do show my face again...I can be forgiven."

A feeling of peace washed over the area as Aryian faded, strong and true. This was an ending, and also a beginning. Only time could tell what would come of Onderin's actions...and the consequences Aryian would face.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Onderin had to admit, he hadn't expected the trap to be so potent. When he considered the task that it had been designed to complete, of course, it made sense that it would take enormous amounts of Force energy to destroy a body and soul and purge Ares' corruption by the Dark Lord or whatever power had transformed him. Even now he sat slumped against a tree, taking deep breaths as the storm passed--it was unlikely that he would have held up at all without Aryian's help, drained as he was by the fight.

He was a little disappointed when Aryian faded away before they got a chance to talk about what had transpired, but it sounded like this wasn't over. When he had responded to the call on Mon Calamari, he had been hoping to capture a Sith Lord who would give him the locations of the Sith Order's key temples. He considered the redemption of Aryian Darkfire a greater accomplishment, but if the man still held Ares' memories, the whereabouts of those temples would not remain a mystery, and Onderin could accomplish his original goal as well.

But right now, what he really needed was a chance to recover from his injuries. With them slowing him down, he couldn't exactly pursue the Sith anyway. Climbing back into the cockpit of his E-wing, Onderin flew over to the city of Ashla. He didn't think he could make the walk to the Temple in his condition, so he checked in at a local hotel with his droid, R7, and went up to his room for a healing trance, telling the droid to wake him up if something happened that required his attention.

3C12kbA.png

The Blur received a textual comm through public channels, and after it was verified, it acted.

It sent a short textual comm to Master Starlisk on its intentions, and that its final destination was to return to Dac, before engaging its repulsorlifts and engines, leaving Tython behind. As soon as the calculations were made after it left the planet's gravity well, it engaged it's hyperdrive, blasting itself into the stars.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

• 2 months later...

As he rested, the Force prompted Onderin through a vision, as it often did for this particular Jedi Master.

He stood on a dirt road on an unknown world. It was late morning. The town around him showed signs of industrialization and standard architecture, so he couldn't immediately identify it. But there was something definitely amiss about this place. He started to walk down the road slowly, his mind buzzing with disquiet. He stretched out with his feelings, trying to understand what was happening and where he was. It only took him a moment to realize that he was alone. And not just alone as in unaccompanied; the town was deserted.

There were signs of struggle in parts, but they were subtle, as if the conflict had either been exceptionally brief or that both sides had gone to great lengths to avoid collateral damage. Onderin had walked across many battlefields, and he knew the kind of destruction and carnage that they left behind. And yet when he touched the Force, the memory of the place was strong. Something very bad had happened here, and he had no idea what.

There were no bodies. There were no discarded weapons. There were no teams of local authorities roaming the area, investigating all the missing people. As he continued to walk, he felt another tingle in the Force. Onderin immediately stopped walking and focused on the sensation. There was a clue nearby, perhaps in the spot where he was standing. He knelt down and examined the ground. There was an unusual footprint preserved by a patch of damp ground. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting the Force flow freely through him. Much to his surprise, it was his sense of smell that picked up something familiar.

He sniffed again and the smell came through more clearly. It was faintly mechanical, but also organic. He had smelled it before, but he could not place where. As he took a third breath, he felt his grasp of the Force vision starting to slip away. Frantically, he looked around, hoping to find some way to identify the planet he was on. When he looked up, he was relieved to see a huge, looming forested moon, one he could identify unamiguously. Dxun.

Onderin's eyes snapped open and he worked moisture back into his mouth. He stretched and found his injuries gone. "R7," he said. "We need to get to Onderon."

Minutes later, he'd checked out of his hotel and was aboard his E-wing heading for deep space.

3C12kbA.png

• 8 months later...

((Never not post on a second page thread))

A sickening crunch reverberated through her skull as her eyes flew open. Sandy gasped and inhaled a lungful of Bacta. How long....How long had she been out? She tried to look through the transparisteel cylinder but could only make out the rought shapes of an empty room. She tried to move, but her movements were slow and sluggish. Sandy brought her hand in front of her face and saw the same nail bitten fingers that she had back on Coruscant. Where was she? There were curious red streaks emanating from her wrists and fingers, tracing a curious pattern that partially eclipsed many of the freckles on her arms.

Scars. Scars from the slavers. Kriff. The Bacta wasn't doing much to them, which was curious.

She sighed, sending a stream of cyan bubbles streaming to the top of the tank. She let her mind ease and felt herself relax into the bacta's flow. Her muscles loosened their contraction and she fell into the force. Just like Adenna had taught her. She expanded her senses so that she could find her master. Yet there was no one in the room, no one anywhere. She could feel a few distant presences, but they were far away. It was strange that her master was not there, perhaps she had needed sleep, and heaven knew Sandy had irritated her a lot during their time together. Yet she couldn't feel her anywhere.

Sandy snapped her crystal green eyes open and looked around again. Not even a Medical droid on staff. Where was she? Her heart began to race. She pounded on the transparisteel in desperation as her claustrophobia began to kick in. She kicked with a bare foot with all the power of her desperation behind it. The force aided her for but a minute, and the cylinder shattered into oblivion. The bitter tasting bacta flowed out in a second, leaving Sandy Senya kneeling naked in a rapidly outflowing pool of bacta and shattered transparisteel.

She crawled out, wincing as one of the shards opened her shin.

“Kriffing hells, Master where are you!?” Her voice was high pitched and filled with fear. Tangible in the force, and she grasped for someone to hear her.

She blinked the healing liquid out of her eyes and saw where she was. A storage hanger deep in the bowels of the temple. She struggled to a standing position and started to shiver. Dust covered most of everything. She managed to find a tattered flight suit that was four sized too big laid over one of the tables, no boots though, and no undergarments. Her she quickly searched the area trying to find out as much as she could until she found the cargo manifest for the room. She activated the old datapad and blew the dust off of its screen.

QUERY:
/

Sandy sighed and typed in:

/Storage_list

Her thin, freckled, and stiff from a very long time in bacta flew over the virtual keyboard until it revealed what she wanted to know.

5 Containers of S-5 Sonic repulse devices / 
16 18.5 litre containers of Substance 1038353L-38735 /
10 4 litre containers of Endorian Cleaning and refurbishing Sovent /
1 Xucphra Brand Bacta Tank holding Human F Padawan :Sandy_Senya: ///Catonic State///Unlikely to awaken///
1 Duriplast container - :Sandy_Senya: personal effects placed by user ///AHeal213///
4 Duriplast container - Bacta surplus 

Sandy felt her breathing catch in her lungs. She flipped to the calender app on the datapad and nearly fainted. Two years......

Spast.

And I haven't grown an inch. Kriff you bacta.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 3 weeks later...

Sandy ran her hand across the sealed bulkhead door that confined her within the storage unit. She extended her senses and could but only feel the looming feeling of being deep underground. She hated it. It held a feeling of claustrophobia, that bit into her usual bright and cheery mood. She stretched, her muscles still sore from years in bacta. Though sadly she had not grown any.

Sandy dug through the various boxes of equipment until she found the one marked with her name. She attempted the locks but found them naturally locked. With a swift, force imbued kick from her bare foot, the duraplast lock was disintegrated and she was screaming in pain.

“Kriffing, blasted, spasted, bloody corellian hells. That was a stupid move.”

She hopped around on one foot, checking if she had shattered all the bones in her delicate foot. Luckily she did not, and there was only a bit of blood which she quickly stifled with a sock from the freshly opened crate. Jedi issued socks, not too comfortable, always seemed to itch, which was a leeson all to itself on Jedi concentration. Sandy stripped off her stolen jumpsuit and pawed through the container until she found her Black Tunic with matching burgandy robe. She slipped those on and pulled up her black boots. Positively imperial, but it fit, they were the only pair of robes she had as the others had been destroyed by slavers in that horrible mission. She ran her hand down the red scars on her arms and shuddered at the memory.

She found a pair of black leather gloves which she pulled on over her scarred hands, reached into the crate and grasped a familiar cylinder. It was lighter than she remembered, but with a flick of her finger the red-gold blade shot into the air. Sandy breathed deeply the familiar scent of ozone. Comforting in a way. She twisted a knob on the side, bringing it to full power and slashed through the locked bulkhead. The metal gave way almost instantly and she was through into a dusty hallway. She quickly collected her things and activated her comm unit. She dialed in the frequency that she had memorized by heart and sent a quick transmission.

Her master would come, she knew it.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 3 months later...

Sandy yawned loudly as she flipped through the holographic training unit's era settings.

::Fantasy::
-Neon Genesis 4.0
::History::
::User-Made::

Sandy groaned and flipped to the historical settings. Whomever last used the training room was into some pretty weird stuff. Probably that darkfire boy.

::Fantasy::
::History::
-Elder Republic Era
--Ruusan (Brotherhood of Light) (Continue from last saved game?)
--Rise of Revan
--Rise of Malak
--Stark Hyperspace Campaign
-Fall of the Republic 
-Rise of the Rebellion
::User Made::

She selected her last save and stood. She shirked her tunic and closed the door. Her holographic armour slowly forming from pixels over her bare skin. Soon she was in Guardian Green robes with small bits of plastoid protecting her vital organs. She smiled and gripped her lightsaber. Time for some more training.

An option jumped up on the screen to select the safety settings.

She naturally chose the Mastery level settings. Meaning pain would be brutal, and any part of her hit would suffer real consequences. Numbness, swelling, the training unit would numb nerves and muscles. An effective reason not to be hit.

She let a grin spread across her face as a red saber materialized from the darkness. With a snap-hiss, the yellow blade in her hands came to life.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 3 months later...

I trudged my way back to my quarters one evening, tired but satisfied with the day's work in the archives, and found that I had a message waiting. It was from my old master Onderin. I smiled and opened it. I hadn't heard from Onderin in a while, but a message from him always meant some sort of adventure. In fact, I was eager to get off Tython and out into the galaxy again.

His message, however, was curious. It seemed that Vladimir Faust was on the loose again, and Onderin wanted me to chase down a lead. I understood why he asked me--after all, I had met this Van Isel before--but my greatest concern was for Onderin. What would it be like for him to be facing his old foe again? I was sure that he'd be struggling with this old war mentality since Faust was an old war foe. I paused, then sent back a gracious acceptance that included a gentle wish for Onderin's well-being in terms of his state of mind.

Then I grabbed my small travel sack and packed my things, clipping my lightsaber to my belt once more. It was a long journey to the spaceport. I'd better get started.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

• 1 month later...

Sandy ripped back her green hood with black gloved fingers to clear the barrier to her peripheral vision. She blinked the beads of sweat away that were stinging her eyes and crouched leaning slightly on a bow of a tree. She narrowed her eyes and stretched out with her senses. Even with this whole scenario being a hologram based training, she could still feel danger up ahead. She gripped the pommel of her lightsaber and headed through the thick underbrush towards what was no doubt an enemy gun emplacement. The Ruusan air was thick with smoke and humidity, Sandy’s face was streaked with ash from the thick forest fires caused by the endless pounding of Republic and Sith heavy howitzers.

There was a blast from one of the wooded hilltops and a heavy shell whizzed off towards the republic lines. Sandy growled and doubled her speed. She held her hand up in a fist at the first look at the gun position. The four troopers behind her dropped into a firing line. Sandy peeked up from a burning, fallen log and examined the situation. The Gun emplacement was facing at a 45 degree angle away from them, so now was as good a time as ever. She jumped over the log at a sprint as the rest of the fireteam began blasting away.

Sandy crossed the forty yards to the emplacement at a speed only the force could provide. When she reached the edge of the open bunker she nearly skidded to a halt. A total of sixteen troops and sith knights rose from the bunker all prepared for her and her men’s charge.

Spast

Instead of skidding to a halt, Sandy carried her momentum into a roll that brought her under the swinging vibroblade of one of the officers. His grimace of determination disintegrated into red mist and brain matter as the first blasts of rounds struck the defenders from Sandy’s troops. Sandy thumbed the ignition switch and a yellow glow filled the bunker. Illuminating the eyes and faces of the sith defenders. They were smiling.

Not good.

Sand spun towards the first sith knight bisecting him from crotch to shoulder blade before he could raise his guard. A lucky blow, hopefully her luck would hold for the next minute. As the man dropped she began to dance towards the next defender, but already the bunker was flashing with blaster rounds. Her yellow blade caught most of them, redirecting the energy into the walls or the defenders themselves until her yellow blade caught and locked with a matching red blade.

Sandy could feel the plastoid on her right side crack, then searing pain, than nothing

The scene dissolved into pixels and Sandy cursed. Campaign failed. Just like her apprenticeship. Sandy hissed as she let her arms drop, her side was burned from the projection’s very low safety settings. Served her right. She toweled off and hobbled back to her room through the nearly abandoned temple halls. She had a quick shower and examined her wounds. The pain in her side had been replaced by the pain in her right knee, which must have been caught by a sabre from the looks of the burn. She gripped the edge of her sink and focused on the pain. With application of the force it began to ebb away until there was nothing but the constant throbbing in her temples. She sighed heavily and put on a new set of green robes and walked to the holo transceiver.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 2 years later...

The shuttle blasted out of hyperspace above the green and blue planet. Kirlocca looked down at it for a long moment and thought over the last time he was down there. Kitty was Grandmaster, and they had come up with a plan to remove the Sith from Coruscant. It was a long plan that ended up going off in the most unplanned way, but with he same results. He hadn't been here since then, and it was his only visit to the planet. Letting out a very loud sigh, he hit the comm button to let the whole shuttle know they had arrived.

<< It looks like we arrived. And unless you guys let this temple get destroyed as well, we should be down within a manner of minutes. >>

Vos made his way to the closest viewport- his meditation had since ended. Successfully avoiding the wookiee just a moment beforehand in the hallway. There it was- Tython- in all it's glory. Opening himself to the Force- he felt the wave of light wash over him. A sensational- almost jaw dropping feeling. What a wonder, this planet was. Korriban did not feel the same- in relation to the Dark Side. It was a taint, not a beacon such as this. It was a journey to get here, he was starting to feel restless even with the trance he just came out of.

Kirlocca called over the comms a moment later. Was his statement a jab at him? Or Dahar? The destruction of the temple. Tobias admitted to himself, he was curious to see the surface of the Home of the Force. It was a privilege to be here. He would not abuse it. The orb grew closer- Vos looked beyond it to the stars. Constellations were a good source to orient yourself in the galaxy. But the sun was poking around the planet below- casting rays of light into the ship.

The ship leaned and Vos found a seat for the decent through the atmosphere. What was Dahar searching for?

Xae nodded at Dahar. “I stood with him once before when I knew little of the man, and I’ll gladly walk beside him again as this ‘better’ man than then. I’ll continue to work on my healing, both my body and try to continue to piece together parts of my past that seem lost to me. I fear my experiences as of late have left me knowing what I am, but not a full grasp of who that is. If that makes sense at all. I just gives me a headache to be honest. Even knowing that you still trust me to watch over the outsider?"

There was no doubt in her mind about her duties as the Order’s only Exorcist and she would gladly keep an eye on Vos, but she felt she’d be remiss if she didn’t make sure he was aware of what was going through her mind, especially if there was a chance that confusion could be used against them. She doubted that would be the case, but uncertainty was often just the little bit of leverage the Dark Side needed to gain a foothold if one’s faith and resolve to the light wasn’t firm.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

"Well, my friend, you are in good company. You've got two Jedi Masters who are seemingly returning from self-imposed exile. A former Sith who rose from the dead. I think we're all a bit confused about who we are." Dahar gently placed his hand on Xae's shoulder. He looked deep into her eyes with a gentle yet serious tone, "You are a Jedi. Don't ever forget that. And the gift that you have is one that most of will barely ever even be able to touch. You have purpose. You have meaning. The Force will show you what it is."

He removed his hand, now speaking to both of them. "I think our first point of order should be attempting to reach out to whomever else may be out there. Starting with our friends on the old council. The toy I grabbed from Gala should be of some help in that." Dahar looked over to Kirlocca, "It may difficult, old friend, but I know we have it in us."

"Xae, get Tobias and meet us outside the ship. We'll have to walk from here. The temple is in a black-out zone. None of the ship's guidance or comm systems will work past this point."

The ship was touching down in the city of Ashla. There was a spot that the Jedi preffered to land in. Just outside the forest that would lead them to the temple.

The auburn-haired woman nodded at Dahar appreciatively and left to find Vos as the Jedi Master requested.

"We're landing," she remarked when she finally found him. You might want to find a place to strap in." She gestured for him to follow her to the passenger section of the ship where she began following her own advice.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Kirlocca was a bit quiet as he walked off the ship as it landed in Ashla. He looked around at the city and then could feel the rush of the Force touch him. It was warm, calming, and very present. Unlike his time on his home planet of Kashyyyk, the Jedi Master felt at home on the surface of this planet. It was a slight eye opening experience for him, to fully realize that he was a Jedi at heart and it was where he was supposed to be. Letting out a very big sigh, he allowed for the Force to flow through him for a while before looking at where they wanted to go.

Equipment wise, he had his lightsaber, his comlink, and the clothes he wore, which was far less during his time in exile. He now turned towards Dahar and spoke rather bluntly.

<< I don't think that there is many of our old friends left. The old Council is gone.... I can feel it... >>

Xae stated they should strap in as Vos was connecting his harness. A brief moment of paranoia- "Did I buckle this right?" the man jerked on the harness, just the be sure. He was surprised to see Xae on her feet so soon. This was a good thing. Landing was literally and figuratively a breeze. It was not an issue to dock the ship- wherever they might have been. Just as soon as the landing gear was down and had settled- the airlock depressurized with a snap. Unbuckling his harness- Vos stood to exit the craft. He got to the bottom of the ramp and just saw Kirlocca there- Vos was rusty, but he did know a bit of Shyriiwook.

Looking back to see if Xae was making it alright, or to see if Dahar was there- he had kept one foot on the ramp. Not thinking- Vos looked back to the wookiee after a second. "Everyone is gone, Kirlocca. Theres just about a dozen or so of us. But- that will change soon, Master Jedi." Kirlocca seemed down-trotted upon- a meager attempt to give the wookiee a little hope.

Kirlocca looked at Vos with an expression of sadness. He felt sorry for the galaxy, the amount of pain and loss that must have taken place while he was in exile was great. Even for the Sith, whom seemed to have also been sucked into the same blackhole of death as the Jedi. With a simple nod, he turned back towards the mountain ridge seen in the far distance, which was where they wanted to go.

<< I can sense a lot Vos. Adenna's presence has left a strong impression upon you. >>

Kirlocca then turned and looked directly at Vos.

<< She was a special Jedi. >>

Was it empathy that the Wookiee was giving, or just making a very vocal statement. Even he wasn't sure what he was trying to do. He could feel Vos felt uncomfortable at times around him, and he could sense that his path was clouded. Maybe deep down, all the Jedi Master wanted to do was give him some wisdom and guidance for his future. But one thing was certain, Kirlocca needed to embrace a new role that he was not use to.

Dahar was the last to exit the ship. The sunlight of Tython hit his face and sense of warmth enveloped him. Dahar grew up on Adumar but to those strong in the Light Side Tython always felt like home. There was a sense of serenity that permeated the planet. He caught up to his compadres.

"It's a brief walk through the forest to get to the temple, shall we?"

Tobias squinted at the past tense Kirlocca was using. It was a hard truth that Tobias had to deal with whether he liked it or not. "Indeed." A pause- "She was." He was a man of facts and truth, he didn't want to admit it though. Either way Dahar had came down the ramp- and Vos backed up a step then looked back to see if Xae was coming along. He rarely reflected on friends from the past- just the events that transpired. A flash of memories came over him, good and bad relationships. It was something to consider on the walk that they had to make to the Temple. Something to keep his mind busy.

Xae looked up from her meditations; she still hated flying. “I’m coming,” she promised, catching up with the others at the forests edge. She hesitated, a sudden rush of familiarity flooding her.

—— Flash back ——

Xae and Ineira emerged from the Cabur with R2-D6 (once again brilliantly colored, courtesy of her five-year old niece) as several other Jedi ships touched down in, Xae sensing them through the force, though none she immediately recognized.

"Trushaun, thanks for your patience," Xae said as she guided the youngling, Ineira, from the ship. R2 warbled and bleeped as he encoded the ship's security systems, though as quiet as the port was, Xae doubted the measures were totally necessary, but still, old habits died hard.

She watched a man disembark his own ship, and she watched him curiously for a few moments as he made his way in to the forest, heeding the same call that she was. She could feel that he held a great presence in the Force, likely a master.

Curious, though that he carries himself as a soldier more than a Jedi, she mused silently to herself.

She gently reached out with the force an acknowledged his presence out of deference and respect.

Others were landing too, in what she felt to be a gaggle of stragglers, likely coming from the peace talks or other Jedi business that had kept them from responding to the call initially.

— — End Flashback — —

She caught her breath at the memory, saddened by the apparent loss of so many that had been lost or had gone silent, including her former Padawan, Trushaun, and the uncertain fate of her niece. The sadness weighed heavily on her heart as she walked wondering what other distant memories might be triggered by her return to the planet.

"What happened to them all?" She asked the others. "Aira, Master Starlisk, Grandmaster Kitt, my niece, Ineira?"

psvBwny.jpg

Kirlocca allowed for a smile at all three companions, but then turned towards Xae as he began to walk towards the Jedi Temple within the forest. His long legs making far greater strides then the rest of the Jedi with him.

<< Who knows. Faded away, as Kitt would have liked to have said. A small portion can still be felt simmering within the Force, although extremely distant. Although distances doesn't always mean one with the Force. >>