Tython

"Caff would be great." Darla said when offered the choice of drinks. "You would not believe how much I've missed this the past few months"

Skye smiled as she poured her friend a cup of caffa, laughing as she handed it to her, "If you decide to feed the twins yourself rather than using the bottles you will have to have this in moderation... but you can still have some" she ended with a wink.

Mmm, thank you." She grinned at Skye. "Sorry to come so early, I guess I slept so long after the babies were born I sort of lost all track of time. I've come to ask you if you want to leave Typhon with us. I've been worried that we could get attacked here and there would be no way to escape. I really don't feel safe here with the children. Dares came up with the idea of taking them to the Eternal Vigilance. I really would like you to come along, but I understand if you've got other things to attend to."

Skye looked at the chrono, shaking her head slightly, "I'd have had to be up soon anyhow." As Darla went on to ask if she'd leave Typhon with them, the Healer began to nod her head, a smile crossing her face when her friend mentioned the Eternal Vigilance. "I'd love to go along with you, especially since you're going to the EV." She had a very soft spot when it came to the EV... many happy memories regarding that city sized vessel... not to mention the fact that she wasn't about to leave her friends and the twins just yet...

(OOC: sorry I took so long, I'll try not to be that long next time )

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla thought about what Skye had said about her feeding the twins herself. She didn't think that she wanted to.  At the moment she felt so uncertain about everything to do with the children. It all came down to the fact that she still didn't feel that she was good enough to be a mother.

Sipping her Caff, Darla relished the taste. 

"I, I don't think I want to feed the kids myself. I mean they're getting what they need from the formula, right? Im just not feeling myself at the moment. I guess it's that post pregnancy depression that they always talk about..."

If Skye had experienced something similar she had kept it to herself, Darla had never seen her friend depressed.

"Im really glad that you want to come with us. I was worried that you wouldn't want to and that Darex would run off on Jedi business and I'd be left all on my own. When we are on the EV I'm sure I'll settle down a bit. I'd like to do something training and get back into shape. It worries me that we could get attacked by Sith and the way I am at the moment I wouldn't be much good at protecting the kids at all. I need to get back in shape both mentally and physically."

Darla knew that her friend could help her in both respects and she had a feeling that their time on board the Eternal Vigilance would be healing for her.

((ooc: No worries at all Chris ))

Rannrsig.jpg

((Sorry about the late reply, work and life has really been kind of hectic lately...also, sorry so short.))

Elnia was silent for a moment as she replayed in her mind all that had transpired in the garden, but finally nodded her understanding. "I am ready Master."

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

As I made the final approach to the Temple, I breathed a sigh of relief mingled with exhaustion. It was always a wearying walk from Ashla to the temple, and I wondered yet again why it had been built so far away.

After checking with an adept, I discovered that my old room was still reserved for me, so I went there to plop my small satchel down and flop into a chair. I tiredly pulled off my boots and wiggled my toes in relief. If it was up to me, I'd never wear shoes, I thought. But I knew that wouldn't be practical; not to mention cold.

As I sat there, I thought about my reasons for coming here. My missions had all been successful, but I knew it was now time to do what I had started doing in the past--training a padawan. I stretched. I'll look around tomorrow and see who all is here, I told myself. For now, though, I needed sleep.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Seeing an opportunity to slip away, Ariana bid a farewell to Adenna with a jovial hug and started through the temple. She knew that Master Travelian wished to continue on his duties and ask her potential master to meet her, but Ariana was a little eager to get started so she ended up walking into the temple and immediately finding herself lost.

She looked around and tapped a few idle padawans on their shoulders asking if they knew or had seen Knight Cadan anywhere and was led in several circles throughout the temple hallways, before she happened upon the door of who she hoped was Knight Cadan.

If not, well... She would make do.

Now that she was where she wanted to be though, Ariana was at a loss as to what to do. She didn't really understand how the door mechanisms worked and she didn't really know how to gain access to someone else's room. Instead she managed, through timidity and insecurity, to stand at the door she needed to be at for around ten minutes, before moving to knock at it.

She figured the doors were hard metal from her experience on Coruscant, so she knocked a little louder than she would have on wooden doors, but tried to make it sound polite and not like she was trying to bash the doors down.

Arianasig.png

He approved of the fact that she hadn't asked any questions. While he was here to provide her with all the information he could and he wanted to address her specific concerns lest they get overlooked, a padawan that didn't ask questions was either one that had tracked what he was saying without difficulty, or one that would look to the Force for guidance. And indeed, the energy field was a much greater teacher than Onderin Starlisk, who was merely its servant.

And so the Jedi Master simply nodded, turned, and headed out of the Masters' Quarters and back toward the training rooms. He had to admit, it was nice having access to an actual Jedi Temple for training this time around, given that previously he'd always needed to work with military bases. There, he'd been pretty much on his own. Here, things like training remotes, practice lightsabers, and soothing gardens that encouraged meditation were commonplace.

Picking an empty training room, Onderin opened a cabinet and found indeed a training lightsaber. He picked it up and handed it to his padawan. "It is time for lightsaber training," he informed her. "But before we get to its actual use, I think it's important to know what it means to use one, and to know when to use one."

This probably wouldn't be too difficult a lesson for someone such as Elnia to learn. "A Jedi is a cunning warrior, but remember, we are keepers of the peace. The lightsaber is linked with the Jedi Order, and so when you draw it, know that you are then more than ever representing us. It is at these moments that it is most important to be at peace, passive; when emotion drives you to wield the blade, the dark side will follow swiftly."

He thought carefully about his next words, for this was something with which many Jedi struggled. "Never let vengeance drive you to take action, even if it looks like justice. If it's personal, it should be left in someone else's hands."

Onderin nodded as though satisfied. "Now, turn the blade on and experiment for a moment, try to get the feel of it. The blade is weightless, making the weapon difficult to wield for most. However, a Jedi's connection to a lightsaber through the Force allows us to function on a different level entirely. Draw on the Force, and you should feel it guiding your hand even in practice."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

I had just slipped off to sleep when there was a knock at the door. I suddenly jerked to full consciousness. Blinking, I sat up, made sure I was presentable, then went over to answer it. I was a little grumpy at having been woken up, but my time in the Alliance had taught me that uninterrupted sleep was a luxury that I rarely could afford, so I had long ago lost any true grumpiness at being woken up at all hours.

With the push of a button, the door slid open, spilling light into my quarters. I hit the switch on the wall, turning on my own lights, and after a second, my eyes adjusted to reveal a young woman standing outside my door. She was thin and had white hair, and looked a little awkward standing there.

I put a smile on my face. "Can I help you?"

The door Ariana had been knocking on slid open quickly and almost jerked her hand away with it. Ariana did her best to move her hand as the metal slid past and yelped slightly when her fingers got caught on a rivet. She managed to get her hand away from the door before it slid all the way up, but her fingers still hurt.

She tried to mask her inconvenience and pain by massaging and kneading at the stinging areas, until Ariana realized she had an audience. Then she forced herself to ignore the pain completely, which was no small feat, considering the fact that the more she tried to ignore the pain, the worse it got.

"Can I help you?"

The words came from a glowing blue figure. Ariana's eyes could never really see anyone in particular and she knew there was another Jedi beyond this door. She just, couldn't really tell who the blue figure was, so she prayed it was the Knight she was looking for.

"I was told I could find Knight Cadan in this room. I was also told that I was to be her padawan learner.... Are you, Knight Cadan? If not I'm sorry I woke you." said Ariana, trying to sound a little more confident than she really was.

Arianasig.png

I blinked in astonishment at the girl's words. It was beyond coincidence that I had arrived here looking for a padawan and this girl had been assigned to me at the same time. Clearly, the Force was working among the higher-ups in the Order. That made me glad; it was always encouraging to see the Force's will so clearly.

"Yes, I'm Aira. Come in!" I stepped back to usher her through the door, turning the lights up a bit brighter as I did so, my fatigue of a moment before suddenly forgotten. I moved towards the table in the connecting room and motioned for her to have a seat.

"Tell me about yourself," I encouraged, eager to get to know her. "What is your name? Why do you want to be a Jedi?"

Sandy sat back and fiddled with her data pad. She was quite busy playing Y-Wing vs TIE Interceptor and was quite content to not be talking with people. It was an awesome way to relax, not quite as cool as the addictive Earthrim that she used to play on the Temple's computers, but it was still fun. Heck she had even gotten a pretty high score on the death star run, especially now that she was playing a mod called: "The Final battle." It was about a battle where everyone was half assed. Heck the imperial forces even jumped in a planet, but succeeded in in destroying it with something called Force Storms. Heck after so many missions, hardly any of the main characters were even there! A tonne of people had died, but the game seemed to focus now on a lot of the players arguing back on their respective starships. Even the person who flew in the planet seemed to have suddenly disappeared. Almost like he quit or something. Whatever. She tossed the datapad to the side. She knew the ending already anyway, It had been spoiled for her by a Wiki article. They all signed a peace accord, and were left very dissatisfied. But it really didn't matter to her what people thought, as it was only a stupid game.

She turned over and went to sleep. Happy to be here on a planet where there was no war. And no constant arguing.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

The news of the Grandmaster's demise bode ill for the Jedi as far as Adenna was concerned. With a man of such judgment as this one leading the Jedi, she didn't see much hope for them. At least it appeared that Kirlocca was also in command and from personal experience she knew him to be a warrior willing to actually take a stand against evil instead of watching it walk away.

She wanted to just leave, but even if she didn't respect the man, she felt obligated to respect the title he held. "Grandmaster Kitt sent me to deal with the slavers plaguing my home planet of Thalassia. I enlisted the aid of CoreSec and managed to successfully overthrow the slaver ring that controlled the planet. CoreSec is still on site helping the new government rebuild."

She left out the entire chase for Sandy and her encounter with Vos. She would tell the story if it came up, but she wouldn't volunteer the information, at least not to one of the ones responsible for the disgrace on Corellia. "If that is all, Grandmaster, I should go and attend to my Padawan."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Darex smiled. "That is excellent news. Keep up the good work, Knight Alluyen. I am sure the people of Thalassia thank you for your dedication to the ideals of our Order." He bowed to her. "No, that's all. Don't let me keep you from your padawan."

He turned away and began to walk back down the hallway he had come down earlier. Alluyen's strange attitude towards him was puzzling. She had been cold, and from what he could tell, had wanted nothing more than to get away from him. Obviously, she had some quarrel with him that she wasn't willing to bring up. He gave a mental shrug. If she ever did want to air her grievances, he hoped that she would. He didn't like having bad blood with anyone, especially when he didn't know what he had done to make her upset.

He shook his head and bounced Jax in his arms a little. Perhaps he was just misreading the young Knight.

Resolved not to think on it any more as there was nothing he could do, he made his way to Skye's quarters. After knocking, he stuck his head in. "Everything is ready to go, ladies," he said upon beholding the two most beautiful women in the galaxy. "We need to get an early start, so unfortunately, I'm here to break up the party."

He handed Alana to Darla as they walked back to their room. The night was a long one, but passed in time, and the next morning they met up with Skye at the entrance to the Temple. Darex was wearing the rigged packs he had made. He knew he looked ridiculous, but refused to allow Darla to carry anything but a baby. He passed the other twin to Skye when she arrived. "You don't mind, do you, Skye?" he asked with a grin.

The godmother was delighted. Darex took her small satchel and hooked it onto his pack. So burdened, the three adults and two babies set out for Ashla.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

When Darex arrived, Darla realised that she must have been gone for some time. She felt slightly guilty for leaving him with the twins for so long while she had been relaxing with Skye. There was so much that she wanted to say to her friend. In particular she wanted to ask more about the possibility that she was suffering some kind of depression in the wake of the births. 

Skye was coming along with them and Darla was sure that they would have plenty of time to talk about such things.  Or if all went well she would start feeling happier soon. Wasn't raising children supposed to bring parents joy? All Darla could think of was the ways in which she might fail her children. Which was something that she needed to stop thinking about. 

Darla miser her friend on the cheek and squeezed her shoulder gently. 

"Im really happy that you're coming with us Skye. We'll see you in the morning."

With that they left. Darla carried Alana on the way back to their quarters. In was still so hard for her to get her head around. Only a short while ago the tiny person in her arms had been growing inside her. Darla held her daughter to her tightly. A little worried about dropping her, even though she had a good grip on Alana. 

That night when the babies cried for attention, Darla was glad to be awoken. As long as she was awake and the children were in her arms they were safe. In her dreams she was unable to save them from her enemies. One in particular. Darla wasn't sure if she could deal with another dream about Kakuto Ryu.

Darla awoke several times to check on Jax and Alana. She did get some sleep, but the sleep was very broken and no period was long enough for her to have any dreams. At least not any deep dreams. If Kakuto haunted her that night, it was brief and she had no memory of it by the morning. 

Although she was glad that she hadn't had any more awful dreams Darla was feeling pretty worse for wear in the morning. Even her regular cup of morning caff did very little to help her to perk up. She was dreading the journey ahead. 

Darex was carrying all of their belongings on the long trek. Darla had protested, but only briefly. Darex wouldn't have it any other way and frankly she was too exhausted to put up much of a fight or to actually do any of the carrying. 

Darla merely carried Jax. Skye took Alana. With the women lightly burdened and Darex clearly over burdened but refusing to let it show, the group made their day long journey through the forest. 

"Darex, in all seriousness, please let me know if you need a break or if you want the to carry any of those."

Rannrsig.jpg

It was a long night, and Darex didn't get much sleep. He actually joined Darla in the morning for a cup of caff--not something he usually drank--before packing up the rest of the things. They got an early start, and Darex hoped that they would make it back to Ashla before sundown.

Darla occasionally asked if she could help him, but he turned her down every time. It worried him actually that she wasn't insisting more strongly that s=he give her something, although it relieved him at the same time. He didn't want her to overburden herself. Besides, Jax was being a handful himself, squirming, cooing, and occasionally crying.

But Darla's lack of true insistence only showed Darex that something was indeed wrong. He felt helpless, like there was nothing he could do to help her. He resolved to speak to Skye about it as soon as he got the chance. For now, he'd just have to keep doing what he was doing to ease any worries or pressure that his fiancee was feeling.

He adjusted the pack--the straps were forming blisters on his shoulders--and tapped into the Force for strength and rejuvenation. He knew he had stores of untapped reserves left yet if he really needed them; it was how a Jedi lasted in strenuous battles. But he refrained from utilizing them and instead continued plodding along. He spoke less and less as the day wore on, letting Skye and Darla carry the conversation.

When the group finally arrived in Ashla, they wasted no time. Before the sun had fully set, they were aboard the Serenity. Skye was in the cockpit taking care of getting them offworld while Darex set down his large pack in the crew quarters. He gave Darla a kiss on the cheek and left her to organize and get the things set up that she wanted to unpack, taking Alana with him as he headed up to join Skye.

As they cleared the atmosphere, Darex had a funny feeling. He frowned and probed the Force. "Head for Onderon," he said after a moment. "It's on the way, and I can pick up Darla's nanny droid there." There were plenty of other places they could stop to get the droid, but there was something about Onderon that was calling him.

((To Onderon))

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

• 2 weeks later...

"Before we learn how to use the lightsaber, you must fully understand what it means," Onderin decided, letting the Force guide him and feeling many things, some that were very distant. He was getting a subtle touch in the Force that now wasn't quite the time to be doing this. "The weapon is a symbol of the Jedi Order, and when you draw it, all around you gain expectations of what will come next. Never misuse that power."

He paused, looking for the correct task for Elnia and listening to what the Force was telling him to do. Even for a Jedi Master, it wasn't always crystal clear. "Go to the library and learn about the seven forms of lightsaber combat. Once you've finished, you can choose the one that's most appropriate to you and I'll teach you accordingly. I've only put real work into two or three forms myself, but I should know enough to teach you the basics of whatever you choose."

With that, he gestured for her to head off. Then he immediately reached out with the Force, sending his consciousness out into the galaxy, to try and make sense of what the energy field was trying to tell him. There was conflict brewing somewhere, and his instinct was to go rushing toward it. The question was whether more conflict was what the Force had in store for him.

3C12kbA.png

Sandy sighed loudly and turned over in her bed, she had had quite the day of training, using the academy resources. Though she knew it would be better to find her master. Rubbing the sleep from her green eyes, she donned her uniform and set out to quest for her master.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Adenna was enjoying a late night snack with Glathos in the cafeteria. He had proven to be a charming man who enjoyed talking about almost anything. He had a wide variety of interests as long as it stayed away from his native Bothan politics. It was such a pleasure to be able to interact with another adult who wasn't always trying to hide things and didn't cause her to have to constantly look over her shoulder to make sure there wasn't a knife waiting to be stabbed in her back. Glathos was quite forthright in his answers and made no attempt to conceal his failures and weaknesses.

Though working with Sandy was enjoyable in and of itself, Adenna often felt the need to share some time with other adults who could just talk. She was normally shy and didn't trust people easily, a habit that was second nature on Thalassia, but the Bothan was understanding. She had to admit, had he not been assigned to pick them up from Ryloth, she would probably have never gotten to know him. But he had been and she had.

She was almost done with her drink when she sensed that Sandy was seeking her. "It seems that my Padawan wants me," she said quietly. She opened herself up to the bond of familiarity between them and hoped that Sandy would remember her lessons enough to be able to find her.

Glathos smiled showing his fangs, "Being a master--sorry, teacher, is a full time job."

"I know," replied Adenna with a smile. "She is doing well, but I sometimes worry that she hasn't fully recovered from her captivity."

"She is very young to have experienced suffering like that. I would be surprised if she had fully recovered by now."

Adenna sighed, "I know. I don't mind it at all. I took the responsibility of training and guiding her of my own accord, even if it means there will be difficulties."

"Do you wish that you hadn't taken her on as your Padawan?" Glathos asked.

"No, not at all," said Adenna. She had thought about that very thing often. "I am glad to do it because sometimes, her childish antics are a good balance to keep me from becoming too old. Her youthful exuberance help keep me from losing what little is left of my own youth."

"Don't be so quick to grow old, Adenna," he cautioned. "Jedi often are forced to be too serious and mature too quickly."

"I know that all too well," Adenna said as she flashed him a smile. "I have let her know where I was, we will see if she can find me. It will be a good little test for her."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

HUNGER

How horrid the feeling. Her stomach roared in frustration and Sandy knew it was time to answer the call. She picked up her step and soon was jogging towards the cafe. Her green robes swooshing out behind her in epic fashion. It sure beat being naked in a prison facility.

She soon arrived at the cafe and the warm smells brought her to life. And she smiled as warm as a new pancake as she sat down with her plate of food opposite of both Adenna and her new squeeze. Some furry man. Which was kinda hot in a way. But a way that made her feel kinda dirty.

"HI!---er....I don't mean to disturb your ah meeting thing."

Whoops

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy sighed loudly, "Well that whole thing was like days and days ago! I mean the masters say that I am physically fine, like the stuff that they did to me was bloody awful, but I feel pretty good." She pulled down the side of her robe and showed the deep scare upon her shoulder. "I will bear the scars of my failures forever, but I refuse to be left in an infirmary. I wanted to be a jedi, and I still do!"

Calix Meus Inebrians

"You aren't the only one with scars for her failures," said Adenna with her hand unconsciously going to her side where the blasters had ripped through her flesh on the doomed Death Star. "The Masters can say what they want and they are wise, but they aren't omnipotent. In this matter, you are the one who ultimately decides whether you are ready or not."

Glathos said softly, "Your determination not to be a mere victim does you credit, but don't ignore what has happened to you or you could leave an opening for the dark side to slither in."

Adenna nodded in agreement, "It is not good to allow for past trauma to keep you down and incapacitated. I am glad you don't seem to be letting it do that, but you must be careful. It is also not good to ignore trauma in your life or to gloss over it. Acknowledge what happened, realize it was a terrible thing, and then make it a part of you that builds you stronger.

"All of our experiences make us who we are. You can't sequester off a part of your life, even bad ones, and leave it there because one day, it will come back. You must be completely at ease with what happened even while realizing it was evil done by evil beings. Whenever you doubt what you are doing as a Jedi, remember the evil things done to you and realize that part of being a Jedi is making sure that such things don't happen to others.

"I grew up on Thalassia around the very type of beings that did those things to you. They were everywhere and we all lived in constant fear that they would come for one of us. We were helpless to stop it. When I became a Jedi, I finally had the ability to do something about that evil and I did. That is why I am so passionate about stopping evil wherever it exists. We are Jedi, and despite what the Sith may think, we are not weak. We are not victims. We are the ones who must stand for what is right and for justice in this Galaxy. We can't allow evil to flourish while we sit back and do nothing or worse, let it just walk away.

"Keep that desire to be a Jedi within you. Remember what happened to you and vow to never let it happen to another. It isn't vengeance, it isn't bloodlust, it is justice."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Sandy smiled grimly and stood, "I swear, I will keep the path justice without darkness, I will bring justice to those who need it. And that is why I must become a Jedi knight. I am ready for further training, but can we please, please, please leave this blasted place? I hate how we retreat to seclusion when the dark forces need slapping." Sandy frowned. She really wanted to go back to Coruscant........

"I can pack really quickly if you wanna go and train and stuff....maybe take the fight to the Sith?"

Calix Meus Inebrians

((NPC's used with WJ's permission.))

"Calm down," Adenna said with a soft laugh. "This is an excellent place to train. It is where I did most of my training. Get you something to eat and go back to bed, Sandy. In the morning, I will see about taking a nice, peaceful tour of a few safe places where we can both learn more about the Galaxy itself. We need to know as much as possible about what is really going on in the Galaxy if we are to know where best to start focusing our efforts."

Sandy got some food and retreated back to her room with a minimum of resistance. Adenna and Glathos talked for just a short while, then both went back to their own rooms.

The next day, the news hit them: Gala was in danger. The Sith were there massing an army and things were rapidly spiraling out of control. They hadn't yet struck, but it seemed that Kirlocca had decided not to wait for them and sent fighters to preempt the inevitable attack. As she watched it, Adenna could not stand that the Sith were once again rampaging around the Galaxy and nobody was really doing anything about it. She had never understood why Jedi would simply walk away from bringing the Sith to justice. They had clearly violated the terms of the treaties they signed and had no intention of doing anything but continuing to kill and maim.

As she spoke up, few seemed to agree with her and some of them even began to worry that she was growing too angry and steeped with the dark side. In the end, Adenna was left frustrated and tired of dealing with pacifists who would rather watch the entire Galaxy burn than risk doing anything that might involve killing no matter how much those being killed deserved it.

Despite that, not all were opposed to her ideas. A thirteen Knights, including Glathlos, agreed that it was high time to do something. Sandy didn't seem to have any problems as she eagerly wanted to leave Tython. It took a little doing, but they were able to get a squadron of fighters and a troop transport. Glathos would pilot the transport while the other Knights would fly in the fighters. Adenna and Sandy, neither of whom could pilot, would ride on the transport with some extra supplies.

It was not long before they were in hyperspace. On their first course correction at Haruun Kal, Adenna sent off a few messages to people whom she hoped would be open to talking to her. She was tired of the Sith stomping around unchecked and would do something about it.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Onderin's eyes snapped open and he knew what he had to do. There was conflict abroad, and he was a man used to war. Standing against evil was the right thing to do, and sometimes that meant rushing into battle. It had always been his stance, ever since joining the Rebellion back in the old days when they had been running hit-and-run operations on Imperial Star Destroyers. He would serve the galaxy with his life, and that was the right thing for him. It wouldn't be right to go about it in the same way that he had during his military days, but all that experience was an asset to him.

The Corellian went forth as a Jedi Master, stopping in the Temple armory, a room full of special equipment for Jedi going out in the field. He found and donned some flexible, light armor that could help him against shrapnel, although it provided almost no protection against lightsaber strikes. He pulled his dark green cloak over the armor, replaced his lightsaber on his belt, and looked around a little more. He found a couple concussion grenades that could be useful and grabbed a blaster pistol, strapping it to his hip.

Ready for battle, he set out through the forest back to Ashla, where he chose the E-wing he'd been flying since his fighter pilot days over the shuttle he'd forced himself to fly since climbing his way up through command. He was comfortable with a ship that he could use to defend himself as well as strike at his enemies. There was an elegance about it that resonated with him. But he did not let himself slip into the "war mode" that had been his default for the last twenty years. This time, he remained open to the Force, questioning every decision he made and affirming that this was the correct path befitting a Jedi Master, a servant rather than a commander.

Soon, he was in hyperspace making a series of jumps winding him out of the deep core and around to some other important planets....

3C12kbA.png

We had continued getting acquainted for a while, but soon I couldn't hide my exhaustion any longer. I got Ariana settled in in the adjoining room to my own, then hit the sack.

As I slept, I dreamed. And when I woke, I knew the time for action had come again. So I explained to Ariana what I felt and where I was going, instructing her to stay behind and read up on Jedi history while I was away. War was no place for this young Miraluka.

I headed to the armory and donned some heavy armor that would protect me from some lightsaber strikes. I clipped my lightsaber to my belt, and added a blaster in the holster strapped to my thigh. I knew from experience how devastating a stun bolt could be against a Force-user.

I pulled my robe on over the ensemble and headed out. During the walk towards Ashla, I sensed the presence of my master going before me, not an hour ahead of me. Smiling, I commed him and was filled in with the details of the plan he had.

When I reached the city, I took a Jedi starfighter and headed out into the stars, programming the normal set of multiple jumps to ensure Tython's continued secrecy.

• 1 month later...

She stood aside silently as he passed her, heading back in the direction of the training room, curious as to what her next lesson would be, yet patient enough to watch the lesson unfold in due course. When he didn't return immediately, she followed his path, entering the training room. This one was much different from the last one. Elnia nervously bit her lip, as she surveyed the open space in the middle of the room, then felt the cold metal of a lightsaber hilt pressed into her hands by her teacher. 

"It is time for lightsaber training," he informed her, "But before we get to its actual use, I think it's important to know what it means to use one, and to know when to use one."

Elnia turned back to face him, nervous about this lesson for she'd never committed an aggressive act in her life and the thought of combat made her feel ill. 

"A Jedi is a cunning warrior, but remember, we are keepers of the peace. The lightsaber is linked with the Jedi Order, and so when you draw it, know that you are then more than ever representing us. It is at these moments that it is most important to be at peace, passive; when emotion drives you to wield the blade, the dark side will follow swiftly."

He paused for a brief moment to let the thought settle on his young pupil. Elnia listened and internalized his words. She knew well what the dark side felt like, and even more what it looked like. She wasn't arrogant enough to tell herself that she'd never fall to the darkness, but instead chose to constantly remind herself that it was up to her to be vigilant.

"Never let vengeance drive you to take action, even if it looks like justice. If it's personal, it should be left in someone else's hands."

"I understand Master," she acknowledged.

He nodded and continued instruction, "Now, turn the blade on and experiment for a moment, try to get the feel of it."

With a slight press of her finger the blade snap-hissed to life as she held it uncertainly before her. 

"The blade is weightless, making the weapon difficult to wield for most. However, a Jedi's connection to a lightsaber through the Force allows us to function on a different level entirely. Draw on the Force, and you should feel it guiding your hand even in practice."

She took a few clumsy swings, one of which apparently passed too close to Onderin for his comfort, as the hilt was drawn away from her hand with the Force, deactivating as it left her grip. 

She hung her head slightly in embarrassment, but Onderin caught her chin and reiterated, "The weapon is a symbol of the Jedi Order, and when you draw it, all around you gain expectations of what will come next. Never misuse that power."

The look on his face showed Elnia that she'd let him down. "I'm sorry Master, I should have told you I'm no use with a weapon."

Still, it surprised her that there was no punishment for her failure. She'd been accustomed to receiving penance in one form or another in her young life for any deficiencies exhibited. Part of her wasn't quite sure what to think, but on the whole she was becoming grateful for it. In a way, it was freeing for her to realize that she could fail, in certain circumstances of course, and accept the lesson that came with it without fear of retribution. She looked up at Onderin with a sheepish grin. 

"Go to the library and learn about the seven forms of lightsaber combat," He decided after a moment's pause. "Once you've finished, you can choose the one that's most appropriate to you and I'll teach you accordingly. I've only put real work into two or three forms myself, but I should know enough to teach you the basics of whatever you choose."

Still biting her lip, she nodded as he directed her towards the library to study as he went his own way, seemingly distracted by something. She watched him for a few moments and allowed herself to open up to the Force a little more, striving and straining to feel what it was that he was sensing. All that the teenager could gather was that it was something big and dark, like a storm brewing on the horizon. 

Elnia shrugged it off and went in search of someone to help her with her present task. It wasn't long before she found one of the archive librarians.

((Okay, this is getting long. I'm going to post more later.)) 

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

The librarian turned to face Elnia as the young girl approached. In classical style, the librarian was an aging woman, perhaps in her sixties or so. A Jedi Knight or Master certainly, but not the kind that had needed to draw the lightsaber that hung on her belt in combat for many years. "What can I do for you, padawan?"

She noted, of course, that the girl wore a band over her eyes. As accomplished as the librarian was in knowledge of many things that were in the Jedi archives, she knew that this was a Miraluka. "I can see that our normal archives will be of little use to you. Perhaps I can direct you to a holocron that can be of help?"

Holocrons, unlike computer screens, were very active in the Force, and should be an effective learning tool even for one without conventional vision. The holocrons did not contain all of the knowledge of the archives, but the librarian hoped that it would be enough.

3C12kbA.png

Elnia shrugged, she'd never heard of a holocron before so she didn't know if she'd be able to learn from one or not. "If you think so ma'am. I don't know what it is, but I'm willing to try," she admitted meekly as she nervously played with the hem of her medical tunic. "Master Starlisk said that I should study the lightsaber forms."

fMZZcER.png

The librarian smiled kindly, somewhat relieved. "Good news," she said. "Lightsaber forms are definitely covered by the holocrons." She gestured for the girl to follow her and headed over toward the part of the library that had such things. She was somewhat interested to talk to Master Starlisk's padawan, as the Corellian was a member of the Jedi Council, and as a result, he would have chosen a gifted student who would likely play a major role in the Order in her future. That made Elnia one of those up-and-coming talents that were so rare to see these days.

Unfortunately, she didn't have time to stand around and chat, and neither did Elnia if she was on orders to study lightsaber forms. Finding a holocron that had been created by an ancient and powerful Jedi warrior, the librarian turned and handed it to the padawan. "If you've never used a holocron before, it is activated by the Force. Just touch it mentally and the Master will awaken and teach you whatever you request."

The librarian took a step back, lingering just long enough to make sure that Elnia could get the device activated.

3C12kbA.png

A shuttle came out of space above the planet Tython. Instantly, without effort or request, the Force flooded deep into Dahar's being. The last time he arrived here was as a Jedi Knight, fresh out of a battle where the Sith Master Dagon had spared his life. He would never forget that, even in the darkest soul there could be a shimmer of light and mercy. The fallen Grandmaster Kitt had ordered him, prior to his death, to ready the Tython sanctuary for the mass exodus of the Order. Dahar had poured himself, literaly, into every brick and beam of the building. The river that flowed through the place reached out to him, even in the atmosphere. Now, as a member of the Jedi Council, Dahar had a much different purpose.

The ship came into approach of Ashla and was soon touching down in one of the city's hangars. The area above the temple was a no fly zone, the only way being a walk through the forest. If one was stong enough in the Force they'd be able to find the path using only intuition, but the Jedi Master had spend a decent ammount of time amongst those trees, training and giving himself over to the Force. It was in this very forest that he had perfected the skill of Serenity, learning to completly give himself over to the Force and follow its guidance in an almost trance-like state.

Before entering the forest, where communications would no longer be possible, he sent out a message over his comm. It was on the secure channel strictly for the council. "This is Dahar, I have arrived at the sanctuary and will be making preparations to bring Master Darkfire back from the netherrealm of the Force."

It was a pleasant journey through the forest, as it always was. When Dahar finally broke through the brush a feeling of joy overcame him. He had been eager to return to the temple, and anticipated his arrival, but seeing it with his own eyes brought a feeling of peace.

There was much work to be done. With his now unlimited clearance he would be gathering supplies, treasures stored here, items that could only be trusted to the council. Dahar smiled as he allowed anger and hatred to slip away and turn into love and a thirst for justice.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...