Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Serenity emerged from hyperspace a distance out from the planet of Ossus. She sent a message down to the surface feeling the presence of the Jedi below.

-- encrypted comm --

Hi all,

Mind if I join you? I have Darex with me... If not, I'll just drop him off and be on my way...

Skye

-- end comm --

She wasn't certain of the reception she'd get after being away from the Jedi for so long.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye took Serenity down to the surface at the location given, setting down lightly after having passed through a storm on the way. Her ship handled it well, hardly bucking around from turbulance given the modifications done to prevent patients from being turfed from their bunks.

Once down she let I-Nine run through the checks. She quickly found Ra, telling him he could do some practice with Seraphim if he wished or he could look up the database for information. She left him, finding Darex, the two of them heading to the meeting, soon joining the others present.

Skye smiled warmly towards Ara, then to Kirlocca, Aryian, Armiena & Nom, also to the hologram of Onderin.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Aryian smiled politely back, regarding Skye with respect.

"Master Skye...it has indeed been some time since I, much less any of us, have been graced with your presence. It is good to see you are well. As Kirlocca said before, we are all gathered here to choose a new leader for the Jedi Order."

Aryian touched both Skye's and Darex's minds, giving them the exact same thoughts he had just given Ara, filling them in on what he knew.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

In the blink of an eye, one of the miniscule Eta-2 interceptors dropped out of hyperspace. His trusty R2 unit Zee was plugged into the droid socket in the left wing, and he was the one piloting the craft. Talon was still in a bit of a stupor, and was still deep in meditation- still trying to comprehend the events on Haruun Kal. On the one hand, there was the Black Dawn. Not only had they become a surprisingly formidable foe in an equally surprisingly short time, but they also were somehow able to find a way to nullify the Force on an entire planet. If Talon hadn't felt it, he would have thought it impossible. The whole concept of it still weighed heavily on his heart.

On the other hand there was the Jedi. Hou-Jo Poleb destroyed the Jedi Temple on Haruun Kal- killing everyone inside, including a number of Jedi. Not to mention, almost all of the Jedi resources were destroyed- including Talon's own assault shuttle, Excalibur II. It was this act which stunned Talon more.

How could such an act be justified?

He was fighting to come to terms with it. It was wrong. There was no way around it. But what really racked his brain was that if he hadn't been whisked away by Amon and his brother, he too would have been consumed in the explosion. Talon had experienced death before. It was not new to him, and he was not afraid of it. Yet what happened on Haruun Kal could not have been a coincidence. There was a divine touch. The image of his ”˜guardian' briefly flashed into his mind.

And then it was gone. A beeping message from Zee brought the Jedi Master back to the present. A translation flashed across the screen.

::I'VE LOCATED THE JEDI MASTERS ON THE SURFACE. WE SHOULD BE THERE IN TEN MINUTES.::

Talon nodded, and collected himself.

-----------------

Ten minutes later, the Eta-2 was settling into the Ossusian soil, and Talon was crawling out. He lacked the usual glint in his eye- it was replaced by a sad, weary lull. While he was not old, he felt if he had lived many millennia, and was old and frail. When he reached the seated arrangement of masters, he hardly acknowledged them, bowing indifferently to each. Until his eyes found Ara's. A smidgeon of his former passion returned. ”œAra Lai-Kaipi! It's been too long”¦”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Kirlocca smiled when he saw Talon. The wookiee could not contain his joy as he ran up to him and embraced him in one big wookiee hug. As Kirlocca let go of the embrace, he used the force to communicate with Talon.

"Talon...I am sorry that I was unable to aid you in your time of need as you did for me. We must talk later in private."

Kirlocca brought his attention back to the group. He gaze slowly hit everyone, trying to see what they were feeling but all were very well trianed Jedi and showed no emotion.

Ara's eyes lit up when she saw Talon enter the room. She had to restrain herself from hugging him senseless, so she settled for the biggest smile she could muster.

"Talon! It's so good to see you again! I wish it was under better circumstances, but..." Ara flushed. Talon was one of her connections to the "old days," back when she, him, and Andon used to patrol the temple, making things run and just being happy. He was probably the only connection she had left, to be honest.

From Ara's belt, Sanare started shimmering. Even the sword remembered Talon, though it didn't voice as much.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

The presence of the Force swarmed around the planet of Ossus as more and more Jedi masters arrived. Brad, who stayed on the planet only to observe, was quite impressed with the whole assembly. It appeared all of the prominent Jedi masters of the Order were here and assembled in one place. Although he wasn't quite sure what they all had come to decide, the young Jedi Knight knew it had to be something big. Deciding that standing off to the side wouldn't do any good, he went to mingle with the masters.

Brad stood towards the back of the assembly and kept quiet, both vocally and in the Force, as not to disturb the other Jedi. If there was a large issue at hand, it would be bad for him to cloud their judgment. After loosing one of the younger Jedi to the dark side, he felt he had done enough. Stubbornly, Brad refused to see that what happened wasn't his fault. After all this time, he still couldn't convince himself that no matter what he did it still would've happened.

WarrenEdit.jpg

Damon while touching the force felt master after master arrive on the planet he began to wonder why so many would arrive on the here. The number of masters present haven't been felt for some time. Damon felt for the siginuters and counted five he could easily tell. Nom, Ara, Aryian, Talon, and Kirccola.

Damon's inner curiosty wanted to ask what was occuring and see if he could help, but knew he had to finish this now. He maintained the effect on Stephen and prepared for the battle to start so he could make sure no one was hurt.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

"It has been a long time Aryian. It's good to see you are well."

She smiled back at him. As he shared the thoughts with herself and Darex, Skye nodded,

"Yes, I heard about some of that. I received a couple of comms and I saw the holonet broadcast that Hou Jo sent out."

She kept to herself what she thought about that though... at least for the time being.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As Scorpio entered the surrounding area around Ossus, using the force, he searched for his Master. He sat there in the LAF-250, slowly rotating around the planet as he searched, until he finally felt Master Nom's presence among other Jedi. Within moments, a familiar voice came softly across Master Nom's comm unit......

"Master?"

Darex greeted the assembled masters with a traditional Jedi bow, affectionate, yet reserved. When his eyes fell on Armiena, he was shocked. Something had happened--and he didn't need the Force to tell. He hadn't seen her look this different...this happy...in a long time, if ever. She was practically glowing. He raised his eyebrows at her, letting her know he had noticed and wondered what had changed, but didn't say anything, as Aryian was filling them in on what had happened.

He bit his lip. Part of him couldn't believe the atrocities that had occured, but part of him was not surprised. He retained his judgement though, as more people arrived to join the meeting.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

((Right...taking my vote out so we have an odd number. OK's going to win anyways, so there's not much of a point...but hey, I'm a realist. It's what Aryian would have done.))

Aryian again touched Talon's mind, filling him in on what had happened before speaking openly to the group alongside Kirlocca.

"Well...we have not held a meeting like this in a very long time, and as you all know it usually only happens when we need to choose another leader for the Jedi Order. I myself am torn between two nominations, and render my own null and void. This being said...I believe the meeting has begun, and the floor is now open for nominations."

Blz1mwg.png

Onderin Starlisk spoke up. "Before we begin to nominate, I believe I have some information regarding Master Poleb's death," the Admiral said. "While we were at Haruun Kal, shortly after the temple was destroyed, he came to me on my flagship and asked simply for the use of the comm.

"In my memory, he never left, and I believe he was killed when the Defiant was destroyed, as was I. That destruction lost many lives, but included among those were the leaders of the Black Dawn. Their threat may be over, I feel it is almost safe to say," the Jedi Master concluded.

"More on the topic of the meeting, I nominate Master Darkfire for the position at the head of the Jedi Order. For a long time he has been an active asset to the Order and the Alliance, not overly passive, but one that I believe could lead the Order to a more involved age in which we truly stand for what we should, not what we've been cast as through war and repeated sudden changes of command," Onderin proposed.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Stephen disengaged from the Sith's blade. Bringing his blade into a diagonal guard, he looked over the Sith. He wasn't sure how to proceed against his opponent. He shrugged and leapt to the attack, his blade flashing as it struck against the crimson blade of the sith. He slid to the left, deflecting a thrust that came at his chest. His next attack came in a fast but almost simple attack that had come out of that deflection.

As he turned the sabre aside, he turned his body the same way, passing his his body under her blade and twisting his leg around her right leg. He had his leg twisted in such a manner that once he straighten up his body she would be sent sprawling. He kept his sabre ignited and stood up, her body pitching forward, then falling as he slammed his shoulder into her spine. He leveled his blade at her throat. "Surrender sith."

((I failed to mention this OOC until now...I mentioned knowledge at HK that Hou-Jo destroyed the Temple. Due to personal reasons...I think it's best he got "amnesia" at Naboo or something and "forgot."))

Onderin only confirmed more what Aryian had first thought about Hou-Jo's death, save one minor detail. How did Hou-Jo escape from the Temple? And the nomination for him to lead...it was a little more than he could handle right now. The Jedi looked to Aryian to see if he would accept or deny the nomination, and he found himself at a loss for words. After a few seconds, he spoke.

"I appreciate the nomination, Onderin. A long time I've served the Order, not once did I fathom leading the Jedi. Now...it seems right in front of me, along with the other changes in my life I've experienced recently. Perhaps, in the future, I will lead this Order, but for now, I cannot. I have too many things I need to accomplish, too much on my personal agenda I need to check off before I can consider leading the entire Order. True, I am interested in the leadership, however it is with honestly that I speak these words. I cannot at this time assume the full responsibilities involved with leading the entire Jedi Order...however if the one chosen decides so, I would rather serve in a lesser position, a position where I can not only help with leadership responsibilities, but also tend to my personal things as well."

Aryian nodded his head to Onderin as he finished speaking, noting a silent thanks his way. Although he could not communicate to Onderin through the Force, he could communicate to him another way. Through his implant, he connected with his ship, sending a comm signal through Onderin's mobile holoprojector. On his end of the feed, words would appear:

I would like to speak with you after this is over...regarding a new idea I've had for the Jedi and the Alliance.

To Jedi Master Nom Anorus, Aryian reached out with the Force, requesting that he stay afterwards as well so he could talk with him.

EDIT:

A Correllian corvette pops out of hyperspace, droning a single comm message to a particular person. On the surface of Ossus, Brad's comm begins to beep in a low tone, signaling a new message.

Blz1mwg.png

Kira let him think he had the upper hand, making him think that he was stronger. He may have thought he pushed her, may have thought he had tripped her, though Kira, very skilled in mind warfare, saw his plans in his mind before he did them. She avoided his moves swiftly, the padawan thinking his moves had worked, though finding himself flying backwards with a wave of the Force.

"You think it's as easy as that padawan? Think again!"

In his mind, the sith he was fighting advanced on him again, crimson blade flashing. Kira followed him with her blade ready to battle with him again, the Force swirling around her making it difficult for him to tell where she was going to strike next. Her blade slashed forward towards his midsection.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Kirlocca shook his head with the first nomination.

Shyriiwook "Aryian is a good choice, but not at these times. I would perfer him to be on the council, not its leader."

Kirlocca placed one of his hands on his chin and began to run it as he trailed off for a second into deep thought.

Shyriiwook "Perhaps someone like Ara or Armiena shoudl lead. They have the skills that are needed in such a time."

Kirlocca looked everyone in the eye.

Shyriiwook "During these times of war that we have lived in have caused for young Jedi to take the path of Guardian, which is a noble path since I myself have taken it."

Kirlocca allowed himself a chance to breath before he began again.

Shyriiwook "However, I believe that most have forgotten paths such as Healers, and Consulars. I believe that Skye is the only true Healer left. Fellow masters of the order, we need a Consular as our leader. We need to show our padawans that they're are other paths out there besides Guardian."

Kirlocca slowly looked down to the ground.

Shyriiwook "We need a change."

Skye observed for a moment, also noticing how much Armiena was glowing in happiness. Whatever the reason, it was very good to see her so happy. Hearing Kirlocca state that someone like Ara or Armiena should lead, Skye spoke up.

"I agree with Kirlocca. Ara, Armiena, both of you would be a good choice for our Leader, either solo or leading the Order together. I nominate both of you for the position."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ara smirked. So, she was up for nomination again, was she? Odd as it was, she knew what her answer had to be.

"Armiena, I think I have to bow out on this one. I'll be more than willing to help you or give you advice, but I think the order could use an honest-to-goodness new leader as opposed to a 'comeback tour' involving me."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

After answering his beeping calm, Brad sent R2-T2 up to his new Corellian Corvette to bring it down the the planet. The droid had the intelligence to easily make it into the ship and fly it down to the planet. Brad was quite impressed that Aryian had indeed come through on his word to replace his ship. It appeared to him that Alliance connections could be quite useful.

Brad carefully watched the proceedings going on before him, seeing what the Jedi masters would do. It was clear that they wanted a change, something different from the last few leaders the Order had. It seemed that Armiena was getting much of the support, and Brad agreed that she'd be a good choice. He didn't want to interfere with the vote, since he was not a master yet, so he remained silent and observed.

WarrenEdit.jpg

((...yeah...I didn't see Kirlocca's post before my own. I suppose that closes the issue then. ))

And just like that, Armiena had been nominated and chosen as the new Leader, the majority if not all of the Masters present supporting her as their new leader.

And I'm going to marry her...

The thought was a bit odd, that he would be married to her with her new position, but it made for a whole other set of thoughts that were even more interesting. He knew that from now on quality time with her was going to be near nil, meaning one thing and one thing only: More abductions. He grinned absentmindedly, forgetting the other Masters could see him, the thought of new places to kidnap Armiena to filling his mind.

There was also his thought he had recently about training a select few Jedi into a highly organized team capable of striking silently and critically. He had ideas of training Orsi in a similar manner, if Orsi was still up for it. It required him to talk with Nom and Onderin after the meeting, the reason why he had contacted them beforehand.

A few final things remained to be said, notably what Armiena now wished to do with the Order as far as its general location and the fragmented Council, as well as the announcement of their engagement, but otherwise, he knew this meeting was pretty much over.

He mentally reached out to Orsi through the Force, trying to see if the Padawan was still alive and moving about on Ossus, and after several minutes found his presence. He requested his Padawan to come to Aryian's nearby ship and wait for Aryian there.

Through the Blur, he sent off several untraceable comms to different people and organizations. It was finally time to get the Order organized again.

Blz1mwg.png

((EDIT: I noticed that I am a bit late with this post, as several others were posting at the same time. Just insert my post into the appropriate position. It'll fit.))

A wookie hug was an experience unlike any other. While seeing Ara again had indeed rejuvenated the Jedi Master a bit, it was nothing compared to Kirlocca's wookie embrace. It brought a smile to his face, and by the time the discussions started, the usual glint in Talon's eye had returned, even if it was a bit muted. He enjoyed this company. Yet, while the pleasantries were nice, the Jedi Masters of the order had congregated for a reason, and now it was time to get down to business.

It was Admiral Onderin Starlisk that officially started the meeting. A little background information was exchanged, and the real purpose of the convention- choosing new leadership for the order- was revealed. Several names were thrown into the air, including Aryian, Armiena, and Ara.

Talon inwardly chuckled at the coincidence that all of the nominees' names started with the letter ”˜A'. If any of the others noticed the same, they did not share his sense of humor in the matter, or they did a very good job of hiding their emotion. A few did, however, pass him inquisitive glances, showing not only that they were powerful enough to sense his amusement, but they were also curious. Talon exuded a strong sense that it was inconsequential, and that was enough for the moment.

He turned his focus to the nominations. Both Aryian and Ara turned down their nominations, leaving Armiena the unanimous decision. Armiena seemed to be the favorite regardless.

Talon remained silent until it was apparent that no one else was going to speak.

”œI want it known to all that if she had accepted, Ara would have received my wholehearted support. She did a terrific job before, and I think she would do an even better job now. However, I also believe that Ara's wisdom far surpasses her years. We do need some fresh blood.”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Darex nodded as nominations flew and were rejected. He agreed with Talon's statement, and said so. "Ara, you would have been a good leader, and I would have supported you. However, I am also in full support of Armiena's new position."

He grinned at his old friend. "Well Armiena, what do you have to say for yourself? What ideas do you have for the future of the Order?"

He thought breifly of her Survivor's Foundation. He would love to see the Jedi get involved in that foundation more, or create more like it. The Jedi needed to reiterate their position in the galaxy as compassionate beings that cared for all life. He knew it would be a long road, but he knew that if Armiena pursued it as a goal for the Order, it would be accomplished. He had never known her to fail in achieving her goals.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Kirlocca kept to himself for the rest of the meeting. Part of him was glad to see that most knew better then to trust what Hou-Jo had showed them as proof. Kirlocca knew what had happened more then anybody. The wookiee began to stare off into nothing. While his gaze was focused on the ground the was in the middle of all the Jedi masters, Kirlocca's mind was else where. Thoughts of images of the destruction of Kashyyyk kept coming back to him as he stared.

...Have we really fallen that far?...

The working area of Kira's ship was nearly the same as when he had been her apprentice, if a bit sandy from Tatooine's wastes. Once he had located the cache of crystals and excavated it, the actual construction of his lightsabers proceeded uneventfully.

He borrowed Kira's comm system, sending a rather detailed description of his next ship to the LINK, including the blueprints for Kala's integration chamber, for construction. A quick command or two insured that it was redirected enough to prevent their location from being revealed.

Finished with those tasks, he wandered over to a convenient stone to watch the dual occuring between Kira and the Padawan Stephen in time to see Stephen flying backward through the air. Dashel momentarily debated joining Kira in challenging the Padawan, but decided that doing so uninvited would not be appreciated and would put his Padawan Odan in a similiar postion when he was ready to become a knight. The trials were tough enough without the pressure of one's master's problems.

He took up a datapad and composed a quick message to Master Draygo considering his place in the Survivor's Foundation. With his padawan occupied on personal business, he needed to be about something that was oriented towards a greater good and he had pledger her his support.