Outer Heaven

Nikolai Kolchak

Garrick stared in awe as the space station became larger and larger in the view port. He was equally amazed at its size and style as he was by the fact that it was still floating after so many years. The young apprentice had seen first hand how quickly some of these outlaw stations could fall. Whether to law enforcement or due to the inability of the owner to control its patrons. It took a strong will to control such a place. A will that did not erode over time, one that could not be broken down by scuffles, bribes, or another strong will. Though most of the places he had seen fail were taken down by lesser men, who had combined their strengths, usually those strengths being blasters and vibro blades. The owner of this establishment must have a strong will indeed.

"She said this was a dangerous place for Jedi. Most likely meaning Jedi who came here died.....I think she meant for us to be afraid Master."

--------------------------------

Meanwhile in the vastness of the Force......

The remaining two warriors, Light and Dark, stood opposite each other. Each still keeping their weapons drawn, but Light kept his blades extinguished for the moment. The tension between them was palpable, almost electric. The violet flames continued to burn behind Lights eyes, just as a the ice continued to steam from Darks hands.

"Why do you continue to spoil my fun with this young one, Kenjin? He has so much potential!"

Kenjin, the Light Side warrior, began to take steps to circle around Dark. His large double bladed weapon held loosely in his hand, ready to be ignited and wielded in a split second.

"The boy still has a choice. He can go either way. He could stay loyal to the Light, or he could fall to the Dark. I intend to give him that choice. His path his not yet destiny, Ahzrek."

The Dark Side filled eyes of Ahzrek began to burn brighter as he gathered to the Force to him. He grip on the silver and ebony blade in his hand grew tight and a sour smile grew on his face.

"We shall see, Jedi."

• 2 weeks later...

Kitt carefully guided the shuttle and and landed it, carefully taking in Garrick's words and his emotions through the Force. As he put the shuttle down and cooled the engines down, Kitt smiled and turned his head towards Garrick.

"Afraid? No… She was worried. The owner, Calmin Ayion is an aggravated Miraluka whom hates the Force. This place thrives on the dregs of life. Smugglers, Gamblers, Spice Dealers, Whores, and Bounty Hunters come here to gain rest and advantages on their targets. Killing isn't encouraged, but no one will stop someone from doing so. The Force here is toxic… Calmin Ayion's own doing. The Dark Side… The Light Side… it doesn't matter. Using it here will begin a slow decline in feeling it. Zalis knew this, as an agent of Black Sun, she cold have helped provide the toxins that Calmin was looking for. So we must be cautious as to not use the Force here, yet still find this Saberforce…"

Kitt now stood up, lifting his hood over his head, showing no sign of fear of exposing himself as a Jedi.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Nodding slowly, Garrick allowed Master Kitts words to sink in. Not using the Force here would be a definite change of pace. Since becoming the former GrandMasters apprentice, Garrick had been constantly encouraged and constantly willing to use the Force. Whether it be internally, meditating to deepen his connection or externally to enhance his abilities in combat. He had also noticed that since his acceptance of the Force, his senses had sharpened considerably. His eyesight and hearing were sharper, colors brighter and sounds more precise. Garrick wondered if his connection would weaken here, or if it would grow stronger in the presence of such emotion. But taking Kitts words to heart, the young Jedi would strive to not use the Force among the seedier elements of the universe.

As they left the shuttle, Garrick noticed Kitt drawing his hood over his head. While he knew this was a trademark of the Jedi, Garrick himself preferred to keep his head uncovered. It allowed him to keep his senses focused, and keep attention on everything happening around himself. Plus since taking a look through the archives in the Temple, he had started growing his hair in the tradition of Old Republic Padawans. Once it was long enough he planned to cut it short to give himself the typical Padawan braid.

-----------------------

Within the Force, Ahzrek leapt at his light side counterpart his blade flashing in the sunlight before the steel clashed against the plasma blade of Kenjins lightsaber. A primal scream erupted from deep within the Dark Siders chest as he continued to slash and slash against his opponent. Sparks rained over both combatants as their blades clashed again and again. Ahzreks style was easily identified as Djem So. His aggresive and strong strikes were meant to bash through any opponenets defense. The only difference was the style had been adapted to be used with an actual blade instead of a lightsaber. Rage poured through the ancient Sith as he continuously advanced, his silver blade little more than a blur as he fought.

Kenjin on the other hand seemed to be the calm in the middle of the storm. No expression showed on his face as his twin emerald blades spun in circles, each blade moving to intercept a strike from Ahzrek. The white clad Jedi ducked, leapt, spun, and retreated aainst the Siths onslaught. But despite the constant barrage of strikes, Kenjin held his calm and kept his focus. His mastery of Soresu was evident as he held his own against the tornado of strikes that Ahzrek brought against him.

Kitt walked into the main hallway of the space station, almost to be immediately greeted by two Zeltrons approaching him and Garrick, quickly offering up themselves up for the service to the two Jedi. Kitt quick lifted his hand and waved them off and kept moving past them. The hall was filled with drug dealers and prostitutes offering themselves up for services, clogging at times the side entrances to all of the bars and shops along the way. Kitt finally turned into the main large cantina room and stood still for a brief second. He looked around and then found the bar he wanted to sit at.

"We'll sit there. Go and get us drinks. You may want to inquire with the locals here if they know anything of this Saberforce bounty hunter…"

Kitt started to slowly move forward towards the booth and make himself comfortable, yes alert enough to watch the cantina…

• 3 weeks later...

As they walked into the large cantina, Garrick pulled the Force inward, attempting to keep from reading everyone as Master Kitt had said. Nodding his Masters suggestion, the young apprentice moved towards the bar and ordered two Jawa Juices. As he awaited his order, he inquired to several patrons around him about a bounty hunter name Saberforce.

Tros was standing in a corner talking to a Twi'lek over a job that had turned south, when he heard something peak his interest. A young man was near the bar inquiring about him. Behind his buy'ce Tros narrowed his eyes and started to slowly move towards the boy, drawing his DL-44 heavy blaster pistol as he moved. The Twi'lek seemed to get upset with the bounty hunter ignoring him suddenly, yet Tros couldn't give a fierfek what alien thought. As he approached the boy, he placed the blaster upon his back.

"Most who inquire about bounty hunters find themselves dead, especially if they're inquiring about a Mando bounty hunter. What's your business with me?"

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Just as Garrick began to lift the first cup of juice to his lips he felt the barrel of the blaster pistol press against his spine. His body and mind freeze and the cup drops from his hands, shattering on the counter and splattering juice. Instinctively the young Jedi opened himself up to the Force, forgetting his Masters warning about doing so. As his eyes went wide he felt the Force flow through his veins. But what he felt was not the calming influence that he had grown accustomed to. What he felt was a river of fire coursing just beneath his skin. His body began to shake as he attempted to stave off the burning. Glancing at a mirror he watched as his eyes began to change. His normal emerald became a sulfuric yellow and a orange ring began to form as the Dark Side began to fill him. A mist began rise off his arms as they began to turn blue.

Within the Force Ahzrek leapt backwards, distancing himself from Kenjin. As he felt the Dark Side begin to flow around him he slid the sword into the sheath and cast him arms upward. Red lightning began to cast down and struck his upturned palms. The energy from the Force began to churn within him. His eyes, normally yellow and orange began to glow a bright red. He smiled as he lowered his arms, red energy crackling between his fingertips as he began to march towards the Jedi he had been fighting for what seemed to be an eternity. Drawing his sword with one hand, he pulsed the energy through the hilt and watched as the blade began to glow, red lightning arcing across its length.

"The power...it feels....good..."

The ancient Sith fired a blast of red energy towards Kenjin who barely had time to lift his golden energy blade to intercept. As the energy began to push him backwards, the ancient Jedi Knight began to reach out with his own mind. He began to search for allies. And soon he found one.

GrandMaster Kitt.....your apprentice needs you...

Garrick spun on his heel and thrust his hand down, gripping the blaster pistol in his hand. Without even realizing it ice began to form around the weapon and Garrick began to reach down to his own lightsaber.

• 4 weeks later...

((So sorry for the long wait you two.))

Kitt could feel a stir, even without being active in the Force, the sense still ran strong. Even as the former Grandmaster began to stand up, he could make out Garrick's back, somewhat frozen, with a Mandalorian behind him, blaster pistol drawn, but wasn't showing much intent through the Force. A quick glance over sent Kitt into protection mode quick, but not in the way his apprentice might think so. Garrick was coming close to endangering the mission, but didn't know it. Without moving, Kitt reached into the Force, allowing for his presence to become very clear and strong. For Garrick, it would act as a beacon of light. As he did, the taint that Calmin Ayion had placed throughout the space station immediately began to touch at Kitt, although found him unresponsive. Kitt ignored the leeching taint and instead focused upon his apprentice, of which Kitt was now extending the Force his way, providing an overwhelming sense of calm to both Garrick and the Mandalorian he was sure was this Saberforce they needed to find. Knowing that the Bounty Hunter would feel something off and look his way, he made sure to show himself unarmed. For Garrick, he spoke through the Force to his mind.

"Garrick… Listen to my voice… Embrace the calm and peace… You're not in trouble yet… Remember the Jedi Code…"

There was something that changed within the boy… It seemed like he was suddenly frozen in carbonite before him, yet Tros knew better than to assume such a thing. As the boy froze, Tros stepped back, lowering his body to protect himself from any potential attack. He was getting ready to blast a stun bolt into the boy when he suddenly… felt something?… It was almost like eyes watching him, warning him to do nothing. It was a strange sensation… Yet one that Tros has felt before. It was a Jedi trying to calm a situation with the Force, and Tros knew it. Slowly, he stood up and ignored the boy and began to scan the room with his buy'ce. It was then that he spotted him… Kitt. The Jedi whom Tros thought he would never see again. Putting his blaster away, Tros spoke rather loudly.

"Nuh'la Jetii. Kandosii! Su cuy'gar!"

Utterly ignoring the boy, Tros walked over to the booth that Kitt was at and slide himself in to sit down, purposefully pushing himself far into the dark corner before he took off his buy'ce.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenji twisted and turned, manuevering his double bladed in tight arcs and thrusts. Each move timed perfectly to intercept a blast of ruby lightning or to parry a strike from Ahzreks own Sith weapon. As time went on, seeming to be a millenia, he felt a soothing calm begin to emerge from the Force. His fatigued muscles began to refresh. His stress and mental fatigue gave way to clarity. And as his own strength grew, Ahzreks began to fade, returning to what it once was. The red lightning fading to blue, its strength sapped by the lightside presence that was GrandMaster Kitt.

--------------------------------------------------

Within his own mind, Garrick heard Master Kitt and began to recite the Jedi Code to himself. As his focus and control began to return, the ice covering Tross' weapon began to recede and Garricks posture began to relax. Lowering his hand away from his own training saber, the young apprentice watched as he was ignored and the bounty hunter moved over to speak with Kitt. Deciding to join the two, Garrick walked over and stood alongside the booth Kitt sat in.

Kitt kept his gaze upon Garrick more so than the Mandalorian, as he could still feel Garrick's slight turmoil. Kitt offered up a careful question within his eyes towards Garrick as he drew his own Force presence in on itself. The question was a simple one. Are you able? Maybe a bit too vague, but it was all he could muster with the toxic nature the Outer Heaven was creating in the Force. Not wanting to draw anymore attention, Kitt turned towards the Mandalorian.

"Clearly you know me. I must admit to you, it is not mutual. I was given your name by Zalis, the Black Sun Vigo on Coruscant."

Kitt turned himself to watch both the Mandalorian and Garrick both. Garrick had just gone through something that Kitt couldn't quite figure out, due to not being able to fully be connected to the Force. He wanted to make sure that his apprentice was alright, as well as making sure that he could trust this bounty hunter.

Tros lowered his head in utter disappointment, and made it well known by a single word.

"Fierfek…"

In his own mind, he had hoped that he wouldn't se Kitt again, nor would he veer hear the mention of Zalis. If she was mentioned, it meant that Larkin could somehow come up in the conversation. But either way… Kitt and him left on terms that hinted at certain death for one of them. The lack on knowledge of who he was suggested that Kitt held no memory of what transpired between the two of them… Which would account for the other, younger Jetii.

"… Phantom. That stupid drug caused my life hell, and it would seem that it took a part of you… or at least your memory."

Tros sat up a bit, still in the shadows though, allowed for a drink of Corellian rum to be given to him by a bar staff waiter and took one massive gulp of it before answering Kitt's soon to be multitude of questions. Allowing for the burn to clear his throat, he leaned in from the shadows, but not enough to fully see his face.

"Zalis gave you to clue to come here to see me. You came with Larkin, the schutta of a woman. You ended up leaving her upon me telling you that it wasn't made here, but rather given to Calmin Ayion by a third party. Calmin believed it would solve his Force user problem on the station, which slightly worked of course. Larkin parted ways upon realizing that there were no credits in helping you, so we left to Corellia."

Tros took another large gulp, finishing off the drink completely and turning the glass over. He then looked at the younger Jetii.

"Whose the ad'ika?"

• 2 weeks later...

Kitt closed his eyes for a moment and tried to recall what he could over the words spoken to see if anything would ring a bell for him. As he opened his eyes, he felt like he already knew the answer to his next question, so instead, he glanced over at Garrick and then back at Saberforce.

"He's my apprentice. Garrick Sage. He's new, post memory loss."

Kitt looked down and stared for a moment at the table before speaking up…

"… So what exactly happened on Corellia?…"

Tros studied the boy for a second. He seemed young, but had a hardened face, one that has clearly been through a lot. Although based upon his actions, Tros easily determined that the boy had no real maturity yet, hence the reason that Kitt most likely picked him as an apprentice. Turning his head ever so slightly back to Kitt, who was staring at the table… he seemed distant, even as he asked his question.

"Cui ogir’olar. Or rather… it's irrelevant to the larger picture. Corellia only led us to other roads, ones that took us a while to travel. We found a single source there, Feliea Jornes. She was a distributor for someone else. We uncovered nothing from her except for the location of a few others distributors on different planets. They in turn gave us a small window of a possible starting location to the drugs main dealer, Falleen. We found some clues in Yellow District, which in turn pointed towards Bodgen. It was at that point that you told me it was better that I left, for you thought you knew whom was the main source and thought it wise to take them head on by yourself, declaring to me, 'I will either succeed and your life can return to normal, or I will fail, in which case you may end up seeing me again, but I will have questions.' So… here you are."

• 2 weeks later...

Kitt took in every word for a good long minute before he responded. His face seemed distant, and his eyes were intense. The events that transpired on the hunt appeared to be pointing him back towards Bodgen, a location that he would indeed have to visit again. Although know it seemed even clearer to him that danger was written all over the hunt, and he couldn't well send back Garrick if what he was feeling in the Force at large was at all true. Dangerous times lay ahead, and the Force was becoming less of a thing that he could rely upon. Looking directly into the shadows to where Saberforce sat, he narrowed his eyes trying to see the Mandalorain's own.

"Well then, I want to thank you for your time in answering my questions. It would seem like me and my padawan must depart for Bodgen then. I am sorry to have burdened you…"

Kitt then took a swig of the Jawa Juice that Garrick had gotten for them both, and turned towards his apprentice with an apologetic face.

Tros took a final gulp from his own Corellian rum before slamming the glass hard upon the booth table. The noise caught some attention from fellow cantina patrons, but the looks returned to what they were previously doing upon seeing who slammed the glass down. While his own face was hidden from the two Jetiise, he picked up his buy'ce and placed his back upon his head and moved his upper body out of the shadows.

"I don't think so. The last time you left me, you showed back up upon my doorstep, and with far more questions then the first time around. I'm coming with you all the way this time. I'd rather die by your side then have you show back up again. And no offense, the boy doesn't seem like he'll be much help in a fire fight anyways. You'll need me."

Tros kept his body position upon the booth, and made sure it was well visible to Kitt that the bounty hunter was coming along whether or not he wanted it. But the simple truth was this; Tros knew that if Kitt did encounter whatever he did before again, he would need to be assured victory this time around, or else things could get far worse for the galaxy.

• 2 weeks later...

(I think we may have lost my padawan, but I'm gonna keep posting him as beside us in case he does pop back up.)

Kitt turned his head ever so slightly more towards Saberforce, whom now put his helmet back on and leaned into the light. Giving the Mandalorian a glance that may have hinted that he was completely without trust for him, Kitt slowly nodded his head. He wasn't quite sure how to make out the character of the bounty hunter yet, but somehow there was a slight comfort in knowing that he did travel with him before, even if he had no memory of it.

"Well then, I think we should make our way to the hangar bay. Bodgen is our heading."

Kitt didn't wait for either Garrick or Saberforce and stood up and began to walk out of the cantina and towards the hangar bay. His mind was already racing for sort of danger could lay before them if he sent a Mandalorian away...

• 2 weeks later...

Tros followed Kitt up and out of the cantina and towards the hangar bays. As they walked, Tros could see that Kitt's mind was clearly thinking already of what would await them. Tros used this time to be a bit useful to him.

"Renda bears will be the least of worries, but I don't think whatever threat you found there last time will still be there. It's been nine months at the earliest since you've last been there. But traps still in place could be a very real possibility. My ship isn't big enough for all of us, so I'll ride with you guys."

Tros was going to keep things simple and forward with the Jetiise as much as possible. The least amount they could find out about thin the better, but something told him that Kitt would follow the exact same pattern as last time and recall who Saberforce really was underneath his buy'ce. If that came up again, he might as well keep this set of Jetiise close to him.

Kitt guided Saberforce and Garrick towards the hangar, dodging away from spice dealers, prostitutes, and other beings dealing in illegal activities onboard the space station. Every so often, he would glance at Garrick and Saberforce, wondering what he must have been like upon their last journey together. Things were different then and they would no sooner turn towards that way again. The galaxy was changing, and that was becoming far more apparent by the minute. Looking at the Mandalorian as they entered the hangar bay and Kit indicated the shuttle they would be using, he spoke rather point of fact.

"Bodgen won't give us much past another heading. But I have a strong feeling that we will find a clue there that will lead us directly towards the greatest danger any of us have ever seen. Let us board and leave this station behind. The sooner we find our clues, the better."

Kitt didn't waste his time. He waked up the ramp and began to prep the shuttle for the trip. He quickly got codes to leave and then took off for Bodgen.

((You guys can post in Space first.))

• 1 year later...

Tros made it back to the Outer Heaven, the last spot he would be able to seek out information that he needed without any repercussions. The large space station, once owned and operated by the Empire, was abandoned, taken over, and turned into one of the biggest places for any scoundrel to find refuge. Now owned by a semi-hateful Miraluka Calim Ayion, whom hated anything to do with the Force, had turned the station around into his own personal fortress. Gambling, drugs, liquor, illegal blackmarkets, slave trades, the vice in life, anything you could think of was found on the station. It was a most welcomed haven for smugglers and bounty hunters alike. The only persons whom could feel estranged on the station would be a Force user. It was the main source of refuge that Tros used to see himself hidden and out of the way from the galaxy. He could remain on station for weeks at a time and never have to worry about what sort of state the galaxy was in. He had a little holdup that he paid rent for, and would use it to make his contacts and never have a trace officially get back to him. It was here that he would begin to figure out more of what he had discovered on Dathomir, and then track down this girl of whom he had heard so much about. With luck, he should be off station within a few days and be back on the trail, which could be years old by this point...

After a good three days had past, Tros found what he needed from the blood sample. It was indeed belonging to a female, but the records were blacked out by the Jedi Order. From the Mandalorians past experiences, that normally meant it belonged to someone in their Order. So that meant for him that he had to travel to a Jedi Location, one that most likely wasn't in service and find out more information on his prey. So he prepared his ship and was off.

• 4 months later...

Calmin sat behind his desk and stared at some of the more recent movements on the Holonet. The reports made his blood boil with anger, as he had thought that the bounty would have driven the majority of Force users further into a hole, rather then draw them more out. With these reports coming out, he stood up and began to pace around is office with some frustration echoing off. There was a buzz at the door and almost immediately one of his subordinates walked in and gave a quick bow. The very fact that he walked in without getting approval made Calmin even more angrier than what he already was, so he pulled out his IR-5 Blaster Pistol and blasted the man on his right foot.

"DON'T EVER ENTER WITHOUT GETTING PERMISSION!!"

The man held in a yelp of pain as he tried to not show weakness in front of the wild and chaotic man. After a second or two passed, he swallowed enough of his pain to speak.

"My lord, I am sorry. But... But I have news that you will want to hear... Black Sun... they've bought the Golden Link Casino..."

Rage over took him, reaching out his own right arm, he used the cursed Force to drag the man's throat into his hand. Upon both parts reaching each other, Calmin squeezed the mans neck as hard as he could.

"I DID NOT ASK FOR YOU TO SPEAK!"

Calmin held the man's gaze within his own eyes, which were not as present due to him being a Miraluka. He held his position until he heard every bone break and every last breath of air leave the mans body. Once he became lifeless, Calmin let go, allowing for the man's body to slam hard into the floor.

"JATHRRRO!"

Almost immediately a large black furred Wookiee stepped around the corner and waited for orders.

"Remove this corpse from my office. Then prepare my ship. I have a need to go to Coruscant..."

Within the hour, Calmin and Jathrrro boarded his ship and left for Coruscant to deal with business.

ayion1.jpg

• 3 years later...

Darkness. It surrounded him and made him feel welcomed. He was used to it, yet there was a coldness that accompanied it. Somehow, Tros didn’t remember anything that had transpired over the past few weeks - or was it just hours. It couldn’t tell. As he looked around, there were soft glimmers of lights, very soft and distant though. He could tell he was still within the armor suit, yet it didn’t seem to be functioning. It was heavy, so he had to really focus and put his concentration into moving his arms to get the helmet off his face. The armor was beginning to smell the same way it did when he discovered it on Savareen. He felt like he needed to try to get the AI to wake up. “Aegis…. “ No response. Di’kulta tech. I bet some Beskar’ad designed it.” A few more bangs and clangs as he tried to move his arms through the heavy metal. 

“Do you want any help?” The voice shocked him, but any movement wouldn’t have shown, as he couldn’t move it without any power to the suit. He remained still for a second before he decided to speak. “If you’re offering…” He had already spoken Mando’a, so whomever was with him knew he was a Mandalorian. There were some loud sounds of movement, and then heavy grunting as Tros could feel the helmet begin to shake slightly. After a moment, the helmet cracked open, revealing that he was in his own ship. The air was stale, but with low lights illuminating the cabin. He turned to see a figure stand up after prying the helmet off. Armor was neutral, but there was no mistaking a female was underneath. She slowly took off her own own helmet. 

“Larkin... “ His rival bounty hunter gave him a smile. “I would ask for a reward for helping you, but something tells me you don’t have anything of value anymore.” Tros could only stare her down, as he refused to give her anything that she could use. But it took him only a second to realize he did have something that could help her out in return to helping him out. “You can have the armor suit. It’s connected to an AI of sorts. You help me get out of it, it’s yours to scavenge, whether you sell it or get it running for yourself.” Tros locked eyes with Larkin. He could tell that she was heavily considering her options. After a very long and awkward pause, she slowly nodded. “Alright scumbag. I’ll get you out. But I also want for you to buy me a drink.” “Deal.”

About two hours later, Tros sat in the majority of his own Beskar’gam with his buy’ce sitting next to him at a table in the Respite with Larkin opposite of him. She was sipping on a drink of some kind, he was busy eating food. He chose to remain in the darker part of the table as to hide his own face a bit more, which would be unrecognizable anyways with the scars and drying blood from whatever had transpired since his time on Savareen. “Fierfek Tros, ever since Fett called all of the Mandalorians to him to have that stupid war - your life has become one giant mess. The Guild has broken up, small Guild leaders like Chalchiir have either died or been overrun by the now expanding local governments. Black Sun and the Sith Empire are the only ones still putting out bounties, making it harder for anyone to have competitive contracts to go after.”

Tros looked at her, knowing full well what she was implying. He didn’t care for what she thought. He knew the paths he had taken were slowly moving him away from the life of Bounty Hunting. Those paths began ever since he discovered he had a half sister. He took a bit of whatever was in front of him and looked up and surveyed the cantina. “Guild masters will continue to thrive on outer rims. It’s too massive there for any government establishment to even think they can control them. It's why and how Black Sun has always survived, along with the Hutts. It's a lifestyle that will always remain in the galaxy.” He now pushed the plate away. There wasn’t anything on it that was actually helping him now. He then picked up his buy’ce and put it on. He leaned forward towards Larkin. “But you let's be honest… You have something brewing, and there aren’t many left that you trust. What’s the target?”

• 2 weeks later...

Tros found himself on his back under the pilots station of his ship, Swift Justice attempting to reconnect the main circuits of the sublight engines and deflector shields to be somewhat operational again. From the main hold, he could hear sparks fly followed by curse words from Larkin. “I know it’s damaged, but if you damage it any more, I’m going to push you out into the vacuum.” There was a distinct pause followed by “I know you’re joking, as this ship has seen much better days.” He could only roll his eyes as he moved to stand up now that he officially connected everything underneath. Luckily, Larkin was only working on the mainframe of communication, which was truly needed for what she wanted them to accomplish. 

He slowly walked into the main hold to see her sitting awkwardly upon the small food prepping station as she was closing up the panel above her head. He allowed for himself to study her for a moment. Blonde hair with dirt through it, her own armor was that of a modified power suit that she had collected from a variety of sorts. Echani, Zabrak and other cultures were clearly mixed in. She somehow pulled it all off. In all of the years Tros knew her, Larkin had always been a great sniper but lacked heavily in hand to hand combat. Her weapons of choice were always bigger and better than what anyone else would have on a mission, almost as if she chose to buy the latest and greatest tech to say she was on top. 

She turned and looked at him, letting her greenish eyes speak that she was trying to read him. Luckily, he still had his buy’ce on. “Review the mission again.” Larkin didn’t look pleased that he was quick to push off any form of questions to come his way, but she clearly decided that it was better not to push it. Letting out a sigh, she let her shoulders fall. “Tatooine, Mos Eisley spaceport has a few locals requesting muscle, as the Hutts and Black Sun have almost left it alone. We go in, take the contract they give us, meanwhile helping set up a new guild front out there.” She then shrugged her shoulders as if she didn’t have much faith in her own plan. “I know it’s not a lot, but right now the guild across the galaxy has been hurting. Credits are sparse and fewer people are willing to exchange currency from Empire to Republic. Unfortunately it’s just where we’re at.” Tros tilted his just slightly. “Unless we pick a side and take only their credits…” Larkin looked directly at him. Her face was slightly unreadable. “Just speaking options out loud.” 

Larkin nodded her head but didn’t say anything. It was weighing upon their minds, clearly both had considered if things had come to that. Why else would two rival hunters join up to find credits and work. The two then worked quietly for the next hour before they were off and headed towards Tatooine….

• 10 months later...

HYPERSPACE:

The fleet cut through the folds of hyperspace, silent and predatory. Every line carved a path of powerful intent through the void. Like a sleek school of deep sea predators, they moved as one, intent on their prize. 

Every ship knew it’s task. Every crewman and soldier their commands. Rebels and Imperials stood shoulder to shoulder awaiting the moment they returned to real space. Crews worked tirelessly and fluidly like well oiled machines of war.

Kolchak stood at the center of the bridge aboard the Cornelius, his arms tucked professionally in the small of his back. “Vhen ve drop from transit, launch ze fighters, dropshipz, and zupport crsft. Ve vill zhen move to engage vonce ze defenses are occupied and begin neutralization.”

REALSPACE

OUTER HAVEN

The fleet dropped from hyperspace in unison. This far from civilization there were no planetary bodies to mask their approach. As such, they had to revert to real space a significant distance from Outer Haven; far enough to not raise alarm, and by affiliation, station shielding and defenses. 

From there, no order needed to be given. Every soldier and sailor was already at his and her station. Orders had already been given. Fighter craft  and drop ships leapt from their bays in formation streaking towards the cityscaped station.

There was plenty of traffic milling about the station’s airspace. Some craft were awaiting what passed for clearance to land from the difference gangs and enterprises that controlled swaths of the station. Other ships floated in place overhead while their owners frolicked or rotted below. Some had been there long enough, ownership was unknown. The owners may very well be dead. Outlaw techs worked and welded carving valued parts for resale and installing illegal upgrades off the books.

In mere moments, chaos would break loose. Loosely held treaties of peace would shatter in the din and through it, the Alliance would wrest control.

By the time any alarm could be raised in this sector, the attack would be commencing in another. Communication between the rival gangs, hampered already, were sabotaged by Intelligence Agents already lurking planetside. All it would take was disabling one portion of the station’s defenses, one shield relay; held together by a mutual understanding of criminal heads; to doom the anarchy that this outpost was known for. By the end of the artificial day, the Alliance would be in control.  

Edited by Nikolai Kolchak

kol2.png.1d12933059e161bb1d4824942dd151d8.png

Her arrival was met by many within the hangars as minimal at best. Outer Haven was not known for their inviting atmosphere, nor did they really take a corporate head of a major crime syndicate as someone worth their time. It both pleased and annoyed her beyond belief. She half expected to have side comments or rude remarks, as such she normally receives when entering a more heavily freelance zone of crime and vice. 

She moved through the hallways, somewhat nonchalant as she cared not for the side business, which proceeded without any hesitation or delay, much like any other day. It was the epitome of the entire location- zero cares for the core or authority. Calmin Ayion made sure of that when he ran the place. He built up an empire of structures that clearly survived long after his death. Turning a corner, she saw the shop that she was supposed to drop off the 10,000 kilos of Yarrock she brought as a payment from Mamoi to Calmin. Zalis took a breath before she entered, wondering and dreading if she would indeed see the Miraluka or the Wookiee. When she saw neither, she finally let out a breath. 

Walking up to the main counter where a Rodian and a Sullustan stood. “I’m here to drop off goods for a dead man. Any idea why?” The Rodian looked at her, annoyed and returned to his work. The Sullustan flat out ignored her. She stood for a moment before speaking up again. “Calmin Ayion is dead. Who am I supposed to drop off a shipment for him if this is the location of said drop off?” The Sullustan finally walked away from the counter after she finished. She wondered if she should follow him, when the Rodian finally spoke. “Ma’dam Zalis. Many here will not speak or do business with you, because you are the head of Black Sun. You make it hard for us to maintain business, as much as we make it hard for you. You’ll have to change your tactics and style if you expect anything else to be accomplished.” 

Her annoyance began to rise, along with her own anger. She didn’t want to be here. Such places were a breeding ground that kept profits low and harder to come by. “Mamoi sends Yarrock to be delivered for a debt of hers. I only care about settling such debt due to the fact that I need access to what she can provide. Or maybe I should find a way to buy such a facility and run it in a way that forces slime out.” “There’s no need to get angry, Queen of Vice. I know where to drop such a load.” Zalis turned around to face the voice, while the Rodian quickly turned his own head downwards to focus on cleaning some blaster. Her eyes met something she was not expecting. A massive blueish purple looking Herglic. There was a slight pause before she spoke, letting for the first time surprise get the better of her. “You know who the Yarrock is for?” 

The Herglic only nodded his head and then began to move towards the doorway towards one of the many halls of the facility. Zalis took a step or two before she decided to follow him out. Upon entering the hallway, he spoke again. “Name’s Balchi. I’ve become the main muscle here since the death of Jathrrro. Poor Wookiee went insane after his master’s death. Most of what you see here are now fully independent hives of black market dealers, spice runners, and everything else that falls under illegal activity.” He turned and looked at Zalis and gave a slight chuckle. “You think too much for this place.” Zalis raised an eyebrow almost in a surender like fashion. “Well, my thinking is what keeps my own business booming. But allow me to entertain my thinking. upon you. How does Calmin collect debts if he’s dead?”

• Like 1

Zalis2.png

“Sir I don’t think that…” the cadet spoke out. He was met with a gentle shove to the side as Ruin stepped by, not slowing down for a moment. 

“Got to go. Time is right. Make my entrance.”

“I have already programmed the coordinates for the pod. Simply start the launch sequence and we can begin. Everyone else who has expressed a desire to follow us will be inside or have decided their own route of entrance” Fera buzzed from inside the already cramped escape pod. 

“I really must protest this…” The cadet tried interrupting again, raising a hand as if to make a point. Ruin placed both hands on the doorway to the pod and glanced at the cadet. The cadet silenced himself with a gulp, unsure what to say. After a moment, the human could only nod and give a forced smile and step back. 

With that done, Ruin strapped himself in and sealed the door. 

“Who’s ready? I’m ready. Who’s hungry? I’m hungry.” Ruin chanted a bit to himself. With three strokes on the keypad, the pod was released from the small transport ship and took off. 

The trip was short and relatively uneventful. During the entire time, Fera gave a countdown as well as several updates.

“25 seconds to impact. I have been able to connect my long range sensors with that of the other members of the crew. 20 seconds. You and I are essentially able to communicate with them, and the fleet in general if necessary. 15 seconds.”

“Brace and hold! Brace and hold!” Ruin shouted. The metal underneath his hands screeched as Ruin gripped the walls tightly. The entire pod rocked violently as it connected with a substance outside of itself. One particularly large indentation formed just above Fera sitting at Ruin’s feet.

When the movement stopped, Ruin kicked open the damaged pod door. 

“Knock knock! Who’s there? I’m there! Hahaha! Guts and guns, guts and guns!” Ruin began to shout, jumping out of the pod and dashing forward with a maniacal energy, blaster pistol in hand and Fera on backside. With pulls of the trigger, Ruin opened fire on the people nearby. The shock of surprise combined with the blasts to the legs made them go down quickly. 

“Gotta move! Don’t stop moving! Show them who’s boss!”

“Agreed. I am pinpointing the target location now.” Fera hung on tightly, being almost a permanent addition to Ruin’s backside. The two made their way towards their target. Klaxon alarms began to blare, as the realization that an attack was underway had been sounded.

The entire way, there was only some resistance. Those that stood in the way and had guns drawn were shot in the legs or gut. Non-lethal but painful enough to stun. It was obvious the forces here were not expecting an attack, especially with one that began with an escape pod being launched into a non-hangar area.

"Keep going! Who's the man? I'm the man! Guts and guns, guts and guns! Out of the way, I want guts and guns!" Ruin said as he ducked beneath a large man's arms attempt to hold the droid off. This was followed by a heavy shouldering and knocking to the side, with Ruin continuing his charge down hallway after hallway. 

"The control room should be up ahead. Security will be heavy there…" Fera announced as the two turned a corner. The command room layed open before them, surprisingly empty, save for the computer monitors, the chairs and tables, and the one lone figure. 

Ruin skidded to a halt. Even Fera’s buzzing silenced itself momentarily. The figure dwarfed the tall Ruin by several feet. Its green skin was barely visible beneath its shredded black robes and the numerous technological grafts over its whole body. Its face, left arm and legs were completely encased in black metal, and it bared a singular red glowing eye. 

“By order of the Sith Empire, you will cease your advancements and surrender. Failure will result in dismemberment” The thing spoke with a reverberating, artificial voice box. It followed this by producing a thick ebony vibro blade from its back, measuring at least a full meter from handle to blade tip. 

Ruin simply laughed.

“You big! You got big guts! Gimme that! Gimme gimme gimme! “ And with that, Ruin lunged forward, firing away. 

Onboard the ship where the Admiral was, a holo pad came to life, revealing the form of Fera buzzing excitedly. In the background came the sounds and crashing and banging. The audio also transmitted over to the other forces in the area. @Skyshatter  @Johanna Bryce 

“Admiral, the defenses have been temporarily shut down. However, security forces here are already attempting to bypass our work and lock us out of the system. If you wish to maintain a minimum casualty amount on your side, I would recommend attacking now.” 

The image broke momentarily as suddenly Fera was knocked aside. In its place were two bodies wrestling for control. Ruin’s robotic head and the Abyssin’s mechanically altered head were in the forefront.

Just as quickly, the two vanished, rolled off the holo image, and was replaced with Fera again. “We have encountered some form of Sith force. Unsure on how many Sith there are here. If you wish to maintain control over the defensive capabilities of this place, I recommend to all forces to knock out the power core. We will continue to maintain control of the contro-”

“Guts and Guns! Give me your guts and guns!” Ruin’s voice came from the background, followed by the tearing of flesh and a vocalized roar of pain. Then the transmission was cut short. 

• Like 3

ruin.png.01a56458d9174e4044f11805f259ce9c.png

Some twenty kilometers directly behind the enthusiastic charge of the contingent of battle droids, four Republic Talons were preparing to make a significantly less noisy entrance into the city-station of Outer Heaven. Launched quietly, without search-and-rescue beacons blazing their automated message into the black, an escape pod drifted towards the station. It made for a highly substandard entry vehicle--the four shock troopers were nearly sitting on each other’s laps--but it sufficed as a prototype for this first demonstration of the Talons’ capabilities. One of the shock troopers that was forced to stand on top of several kilograms of packed satchel charges watched with her face pressed against the tiny windows of the escape pod.

“Nothing tracking us. Everything is still pointed at the fleet,” the Togruta happily announced.

“Lovely. Equipment check, Talons.” Matching words to action, Bryce patted her armor down, confirming the reassuring weight of her carbine, vibromachete, air tanks, and a host of grenades and small explosives. “Lead ready.”

“Two ready.” That was Saam Tros, the Duros sergeant and second-in-command of the fireteam.

“Three ready.” Specialist Harlaa Rys hopped down from the tiny viewport and began to tie down the tips of her montrals.

“Four ready. Gum, anyone?” Jansen Vor handed out a packet to his squadmates.

“Check seals. Thirty seconds.” Hisses of air--and a sigh of displeasure from the Togruta in the fireteam--issued as the shock troopers crammed their helmets onto their heads.

“Ten seconds. Brace.” The four shock troopers turned towards the hatch of the escape pod. A series of explosive bolts threw the hatch out into the void and flooded the interior of the escape pod with vacuum. As one, the Talons clambered through the hatch and launched themselves into a city-space that had gone mad. Freighters and smaller craft were racing to and from the station, some owners taking shelter on the ground and others deciding to take a risk in braving the blockade. Turbolasers and weapons of smaller caliber were firing varying levels of effectiveness at the fleet and filled the vacuum with green and red bolts. It was into that madness that the shock troopers plunged, propelled by four brief puffs from their jet packs.

As the shock troopers monitored the chatter from the Rebel strike team, the defenses of the city-station suddenly fell silent. “Loss of targeting data from the control center’s fire control. Won’t last long, they’ll be switching to local.”

“Significant power source in quadrant Forn-Six, Cap’n. Right in the middle of that big cluster of batteries at two o’clock. Shall we say hello?”

“Copy, four. On my lead, Talons. Command, picked up a primary power signature in sector Forn-Six. Think it might be powering local batteries. Checking it out.”

A second puff from their jetpacks diverted the shock troopers from their cruising flight over Outer Heaven and into a rapid descent towards a cluster of turbolaser batteries that ringed a central dome in the cityscape of the space station. As the Talons descended, the batteries opened up in a blaze of red and green bolts, illuminating Bryce’s side in a terrifying lightshow--but the fire was directed towards the fleet, rather than four undetected infantry. The Talon activated her repulsorlifts mere seconds before impacting with the dome, decelerating just in time to smack into the durasteel with bruising rather than lethal force. The other three shock troopers landed beside her in painful, but otherwise harmless impacts.

With nothing more exchanged between them than a glance and a series of hand signals, the four armored troopers began to assemble an entry charge. Spooling out ribbons of shaped charges, they formed a rough ring in the ceiling of the dome...

Edited by ObliviousKnight
  • Like 3

captbryce.png.2c8f791ababda85e8e03e99cfa70b878.png

Where the Droid was bold and fast paced, and the Talons were calculative and stealthy, Lok was simply middle ground. He was the balance. He was the support. As the defenses went down thanks to the duo of droids and their intelligence, Lok's transport sprung into action after laying into wait. Driving hastily through the outcropping traffic that bore outward in attempts to evacuate, it didn't take long for the unmarked ship to make a subtle landing in one of the downtrodden hangers.

Outer Haven was filled with mass hysteria and chaos of the highest order as it flowed through the Force, cries and hidden agendas acted upon with remorse as the darker natures of the ill willed began to panic and fear began to set in. Lok could feel it's permeation seeping into cracks and crevasses and his aura sought to counter-balance this onset of darkness as he stepped from the transport and began walking it's halls. He had always been, and would always be, a beacon of light in such dire times.

As an Imperial Knight, it was duty to safe guard the Empire and it's citizens. But it was also his duty to protect the innocent and those incapable of defending themselves. And that carried true, even here, upon the Outer Haven. Most of those he encountered in his singular march were lost in the confusion or preoccupied with hysteria to even bother with his presence. Others would notice the crimson armor and the Imperial Insignia and turn the other way. And for most, the simple sight being set upon the lightsaber on his hip were enough to deter any intent of mischief. This was the reality of any war, for both the innocent and the guilty. Self preservation was the most important key to any sentient.

But there were the few brave souls who, for numerous reasons, would stand to challenge such an individual as Lok Skyshatter. A simple application of the Force to alter their minds from fight to flight were all it took to deter even most of them. Sadly though, for the rest, those who took to challenge the authority laid upon his shoulders by the Empress Raven Nasra and her Imperial Remnant, the outcome wasn't as peaceful. Powerful uses of Form IV deflected blaster bolts that would deabilitatingly scar hands, remove fingers, and even bore through flesh tendons with a firm face of hidden remorse as his trek made a path toward the duo @TerrorBot

And may the Force have mercy on those whom forced his hands to use the Force combatively.

• Like 1

PSX_20230829_111157.png.74440e64f474dbff9619943d627e8ede.png

Zalis moved along with Balchi down the hallway, until he turned into a shop that seemed rather run down and unoccupied. As she followed him in, there were suddenly two other beings in the room with them. They barely acknowledged her and spoke directly the Herglic. “Bad news Balchi, it appears as if Rebel forces are here. Reports are that they are cleaning house of everything against their rules.” Zalis leaned against a wall with a loud sound. “Who cares? They’d have to fully wipe out everyone here in order to take control. That’s a little dark for them.”

The Yarkora, the one who spoke earlier, turned and gave an expression of disgust. “Or perhaps you are the one who brought them here?” Zalis suddenly got off the wall and moved her arms into a movement that suggested she was slightly offended at the thought. She never got a chance to respond, as the other in the room, a Shistavanen spoke up instead. “Bigger companies are always looking to remove competition, and a place like Outer Haven has long kept Black Sun at a slow crawl.” Like a quick whip, her response was fast. “As much as I’d love to run this place into the ground, bringing the Republic here is a stupid business move as it would quickly dissolve potential expansions. You’d be so lucky if I fo-” “ENOUGH!” Balchi’s voice echoed through the entire room. There was a very long pause as the Herglic looked at everyone before speaking. 

“Zalis did not bring them here. Clamin’s leftover security forces will protect his empty office, which most likely will be the target. Unfortunate for them that such an office will hold nothing of value. But it’s a lucky break for us. Look at our situation Romros and Ve. We work as hired muscle for a ghost. Credits are slow. However… Our luck has turned.” Balchi turned and indicated Zalis. She suddenly felt the winds of fate turning in her favor. While coming here to pick up crew was not her goal, such a surprise benefit would be something that could help her. She relaxed her body a bit more and eyed all three within the room with her. Her mind was already racing with options and thoughts. 

“So you’re looking to change teams?” Balchi made a weird noise within his throat right before he spoke. “Change teams- no. Survive and get paid better, yes. There isn’t much room for growth and survival in a place like this. Our best bet was always to land with a bigger company. And now that fate has delivered the Republic here to aggressively impose their will onto others, it brings forth a rare opportunity with your timely arrival.” There was a very loud sigh of surender from the Shistavanen. “As much as I hate to admit it, Balchi is right. We need to get out of this place to have a better life.” 

Zalis eyed the quiet Yarkora, who kept his head down. “Getting out is going to be hard. If they’re already here, any visible sight of me could result in a change of priorities. While Czerka is untouchable by the Republic, me being here gives the full connection to Black Sun. It’ll get us all killed.” There was more silence before the Yarkora lifted his head. “The old runner system. It depends upon how much research was done on this place before they came, and if they are attempting to monitor the entire population here. But it should be a safe way to the hangars…” Zalis looked at the other two, whom were thinking through the other options available. After about a moment or two passed without the others saying a word, she spoke up and took charge. “It’s our best chance at this point. We don’t have time to think of something better. Let’s move.”

There was no movement for a second, until Zalis snapped her fingers at the three. “Move!” That was about all that the Yarkora needed, and he turned around and moved towards a wall, quickly going to work to remove a panel on the floor. Balchi moved and closed the doors to the shop that they were in, while the Shistavanen quickly began to grab as many weapons as he could find. Zalis took a moment to observe the three. Within her mind, she wondered if perhaps one of them could become a champion for the vigos down the road. But until they got off the station, she wouldn’t say anything.

• Like 1

Zalis2.png

From a distance, Vice Admiral Kolchak watched the opening moves of their high stakes game. Swarms of Imperial fighters swirled mercilessly above the synthetic station-world of iniquity, while equal amounts of rapid-insertion transports ferried their cargos of veteran Imperial soldiers, combat intelligence operatives, and mech to the surface. Behind the cover of parked floating craft and scurrying vessels, the defensive responses were not entirely lackluster, but decidedly  insufficient to drive off the rapid onslaught of Imperial and Rebel fighters. Interceptors and classic Tie fighters arced and looped as they delivered strafing runs to clear a landing zone near the disabled kink in the defenses, courtesy of Kolchak’s newfound murderbot assets.

Kolchak nodded in appreciation at the communication from the bots. He was impressed as scans seemed to indicate it had taken the duo of droids little time to disable an entire sector’s defenses. They had created the perfect place to begin deployment of shock, storm, and attack troopers. In little time, mechanized warmachines would be in play as well, establishing a steel foothold on the formally lawless world. From there, the spread would be quick, targeting intelligence-identified locations of strategic importance, chokepoints, and strongholds. Bringing such a world to heel would take time; but establishing that control ought to be done quickly. Surprise and confusion were on the side of the aggressors for the moment. Kolchak and his crews aimed to capitalize on that once again.

“IA One and Two,” the fleet command officer monitoring Ruin and Fera’s traffic responded. “Regular Uniformed Forces are being deployed in your immediate vicinity and will take command of your station. Please divert to the power core. Be advised, permanent shut down may result in the destruction of Outer Heaven and is to be avoided at all costs. Expect heavy allied criminal resistance. This channel will remain open in case emergency evac is required. Fleet Command Over.”

Meanwhile, the Imperial fleet began to spread out as it began starting to close on the station. Surprise had been achieved; but now the presence of Imperial forces was known. It was time to abide by an old Imperial standby: Compliance through fear.

Salvos were released at ships attempting to escape, urging them at first to stand down and either return planetside and await further instruction or group with surrendered craft above the station. Those who did not resist or flee would not be harmed. Those that disregarded these instructions would be met with force.

The gravity-field generators aboard Kolchak’s command ship began to activate. As they came online, they would bathe the entire area in an invisible shadowy field. Designed to pull craft from hyperspace and prevent ships from escaping to the same, the entire battlefield would be cloaked in the energized field within mere minutes.

Kolchak shivered. Being this close to the generators, it always seemed like he could feel their power run like scurrying fingers within, tracing the connections of his biological body and synth-skeleton with an electrifying tingle.

Nothing would be allowed to escape. With fighters strafing enemy positions and defenses, interceptors practically screeched through space, chasing down and diverting any wayward craft. Those that resisted or insisted on fleeing were fired upon without hesitation. One warning, that was all they were given.

The fleet had engaged. 

kol2.png.1d12933059e161bb1d4824942dd151d8.png