Outer Heaven

Nikolai Kolchak

"Simply put, my ship isn't built to claw attach to a ship, nor is it equipped with the needed suits to journey into a place with no air."

Calmin smiled at the thought of dying. It was strange that death would hold no negative affect upon him. Maybe is was through the pure fact that when someone does die, he can see what it looks like through the Force. Truth be told, it looks as average as someone breathing.

"You'll get paid at least ten thousand credits for transporting, and then you'll get a five percent off what I end up selling."

The Miraluka knew that ten thousand was a lot for a simple transportation job. It more then paid for fuel and work. Why he offered up more past that was beyond his own understanding. With that much credits coming his way, he had better be willing to carry heavy loads. Calmin kept a grin upon his face as he awaited Zalis' response.

ayion1.jpg

Zalis instantly felt a little uncomfortable when Calmin smiled after talking about being out in space with no air. If a madman was willing to face death with a smile, he most likely had little to no friends. But what the man's social interactions were held no concern, as he clearly wanted to find a way onto the broken and damaged Helix Station, so Zalis would live long enough to perform that aspect of it.

"Very well then, meet me at docking bay forty six. I'll finish up here and prep the ship for our little mission."

Zalis then took a final swig of his Zairona Ale finishing it off and then made his way to his ship, Nimbus as he would prepare to house a Miraluka temporally for a flight into deep space. If all went well, he would get paid very handsomely for this job and still be able to make his pick up for Dordjooba the Hutt. This stop at Outer Heaven turned out to be a good stop for the Nautolan.

Zalis2.png

Calmin made a mental note of docking bay forty six and then waited for Zalis to leave the cantina first. After the Nautolan left, he proceeded to his own ship to grab what he would need for the heist. Before he fully locked up his ship, he made sure that he had everything he would need and then made his way to docking bay forty six. Upon his arrival, he found a 720 freighter resting with Zalis leaning up against it. The ship, Nimbus, didn't look like much, but as long as it suited his needs, it would be fine.

"Is it fast?"

Calmin didn't stop moving as he slowly made his way towards the boarding ramp. Soon, he would be a very rich man.

ayion1.jpg

Zalis turned his head towards the Miraulka upon receiving the question. With a smile and a chuckle, Zalis responded to his charter's question.

"Is it fast?... No. But it's heavily shielded and very maneuverable. It can take two direct hits from proton torpedoes... however, I don't plan on letting that happen to my baby."

Zalis followed Calmin aboard Nimbus and quickly got her warmed for take off. As the ship warmed up, Zalis drew the coordination's he received from Calmin and then upon take off, plotted his course for the battered and broken Helix Station. If all was correct, they would arrive within a few short hours, then the heist can begin.

(I'll make a post in space.)

Zalis2.png

• 2 weeks later...

After the short ride, Zalis managed to feel an overwhelming sense of relief at the sight of Outer Heaven. There was just something about someone who claimed to use the Force that made him jittery. It was almost as if they were constantly attempting to get inside his mind. Thankfully, he learned a few tricks to keep them from doing so. Taking a sharp angle, Zalis brought Nimbus into one of the many landing docks that Outer Heaven offered up it's occupants. Making sure he was fully docked, he walked back to the cargo hold to help Calmin unload everything. After that, he would be expecting payment so that he could leave this station and Calmin behind.

Zalis2.png

There wasn't really much in the means of cargo, just the two bags of Jedi artifacts they collected from the broken Helix Station. But the two bags held a worth of a six million credits if his calculations were correct. That was enough to pay Zalis for his share that he promised, as well as enough for him to do as he wanted to do all along. Making his way down the landing ramp with Zalis in tow, Calmin made for the black market section of the Outer Heaven. Upon arrival, he found his contact waiting. With a smile, the Miraluka dropped a bag on the table before him and withdrew the lone lightsaber hilt he had found upon the station.

"This my friend, is what you sought. A rare lightsaber that is only accessible through the Force. As agreed upon, I you can have it four six thousand credits."

His contact, a strange Rodian with a twitch in his eye. He smiled at Calmin and handed him over a credit chip with the right amount of credits. Calmin then handed over the lightsaber hilt to him and the Rodian simply walked away. That's the way it worked for most black market dealers. The made a contract, left their name anonymous, and once they received what they wanted, they left. Calmin ddidn't really care. He passed the credit chip over to Zalis, which was the exact amount he had promised the Nautolan captain. And just like that, Calmin walked away from him and went deeper into the black market to sell the rest of his goods.

ayion1.jpg

The exchange of which Zalis got paid went fairly fast. Not that he cared too much about it. He hated the Miraluka, if not for the Force alone. He was glad that he was paid quickly and upfront. It allowed for him to carry on with his other business, which happened to involve the Hutts. Making a quick walk back to his ship, Zalis spent five minutes preparing his ship for takeoff and then left Outer Heaven, burning fuel as he did. If he was to ever work with another Force User, he would have them dead as soon as he could pull his blaster from it's holster. But until then, he had a job to do for a Hutt. making a quick calculation and retrieving the information from the navcomputer, Zalis pulled a lever and Nimbus blasted into hyperspace.

Zalis2.png

Calmin spent the next few days selling the rest of his collection of stuff from the Helix Station, making close to six million credits from the artifacts. It seemed rather fitting to hold onto such an enormous amount of credits, but he would soon invest it in something that would be well worth it. He quickly sent a comm message to one of his contacts and then and awaited them in the cantina, Respite. If his contact arrived when he said he would, he would soon own Outer Heaven.

ayion1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Black Raven docked in the Outer Heaven spaceport and Drake quickly switched the engines off. He stood stretching all four of his arms upward and yawning. Exiting his ship Drake headed straight for the cantina for a few shots of Juma juice and to see what he could find out about recent events.

Entering the cantina Drake sat at the bar and ordered his Juma juice and sta observing the people milling, about lost within the quiet buzz of chatter that ecohed dully within his mind. With any luck someone would need some work done and he would add a few more credits to his quickly shrinking funds. But there was something about this place, something that made him want to stay and see what would happen in the next few days.[/i]

Calmin spent a few minutes waiting before his contact showed up and began to deal with him. Despite the fact that Calmin was about to own a space station, there wasn't much excitement that went down during the deal process. The contract and price were written up and then Calmin signed the contract and paid the overweight Rodian for full ownership of Outer Heaven. After the deal was done, Calmin walked up to the bar and ordered himself some Corellian Spiced Ale to enjoy. Not much of a victory, but so long as he was put in a position to make credits and hold power, he didn't much care about anything else.

ayion1.jpg

Drake took another swig of Juma juice, draining his galss. He raised his glass and said "I need another Juma juice down here." While he waited on his next drink he turned to the man sitting a few seats down from him. He was of average height, and medium build doned in black armour probably energy resistant. He had no eyes which meant he was either a Human born without sight or more likeley, a Miraluka.

Drake had never seen a Miraluka in person but he had heard stories of their Force sight allowing them to precieve even the smallest details even though they are physically blind. Deciding to strike conversation with the man, if only to pass the time, Drake moved down the bar and sat next to him. He reeked of Alcohol causing Drake to crinkle his nose in disgust which was much keener than a humans.

"So what brings you out here?" Drake asked nonchalantly, taking another generous swig of Juma juice.

Some random creature moved to sit next to Calmin, one of which the Miraluka didn't recognize. He was even shocked when it spoke to him. Turning his head slowly, he was once again placed in a position to where he would prefer not to be depended upon the Force for sight.

"Credits, drinking, power. The same thing that draws every other scum to this space station."

He was partially disgusted by the fact that he was even being bothered. In his own mind, anything that didn't help him gain power or credits was a major waste of time. This conversation wouldn't help him in the slightest, at least not from what he could see within his mind.

ayion1.jpg

Drake could hear the contempt in the mans voice a tone with wich he was well aquainted. Fearing no threat from this man he pressed conversation.

"Perhaps You could tell me where I might find some work? Or pehaps you have a job for me...At the right price of course," Drake finished, with a slight smirk.

He drained his glass and slid 100 credits towrds the Miraluka saying, "Maybe this will loosen your tounge enough to give me the information i seek."

The credits offered up were indeed generous for just information. Although, he would have preferred a simple drink, but the credits would indeed prove to pay for a few drinks, so he would gladly accept them. The only problem was, there was no job that he could provide, so he would in essence be stealing. Looking for a second at this strange creature, he then slid the credits over the sit directly under him.

"There could be a few jobs for you my friend. It all depends exactly on how much you're willing to get your hands dirty."

Calmin then turned his head to look directly at Drake. Offering up a smile as he downed a massive amount of his Corellian Ale.

"I know that there is a character named Zalis who is seeking aid in transporting goods for the Hutts, and a few private bounties that require the job to be done to the letter of the request. Each of them come with their own dangers, and I personally wouldn't get involved with the Hutts. They tend to contract out their workers and under pay them for long haul jobs, unless you manage to work up the ladder quickly with them. Even then, the pay off isn't their. You're better off accepting the private bounties at the cost of getting your hands tied up with every known faction there is in the Galaxy."

Both were true, and the private bounties tempted even Calmin to a point. But much to his own advice, he wasn't willing to get flagged by every known faction with one bounty. And the Hutts were flat out disgusting creatures. He wouldn't take either, but maybe this character that sat opposite of him would be crazy enough too.

ayion1.jpg

Drake pondered this information he had worked with the Hutts before and he didn't appreciate their lack of payout for ldifficult or time consuming tasks that much was true. And the bounties...well he was no bounty hunter but none the less it would be worth looking into Some bounties payed very well and with Drakes quickly dwindling funds he would need to take up a contract or two or risk his credits on Saabac. Thanking the Miraluka for his information Drake stood and walked out of the cantina standing just outside the door. Perhaps he would be better off gambling, he didn't particullary like the idea of having a dozen differant factions breathing down his neck. He sighed and looked back into the cantina and headed back to his ship to catch some well deserved sleep.

Calmin stared after the strange looking man whom had just asked him for questions. part of him really wondered if he might actually take up any of the advice he had given. He would prefer not to see him again, but knowing his karma in this universe, he would eventually get stuck with him for some long period of time. Knowing what they both were looking for, it could be sharing some cell. Some might say it was the Force, but for Calmin, he didn't believe the Force held such a power that it could control fate. Turning back to his drink, he finished it and then made his way to where some very beautiful young Twi'leks were selling their bodies for credits. He would make sure to spend his time with them until he could find something better to do.

ayion1.jpg

Lucifer exited hyperspace ot far fro mthe vast space station known as Outer Heaven. He had yet to visit the place and found it slightly odd that the force had led him here...yet he was drawn.

Piloting The Black Heart into one of the docking bays of the spaceport the kiffar headed deeper into the spacestation complex. Walking along he saw several sings to various sections of the place but one in particular seemd to catch his attention with the same draw that the force had previously done as if to lure him to it's location. Heading towards the black market section Lucifer thought of it...upon deeper thought he figured while he was here he might as well take a look and see what wears were for sale...perhaps he would even find the illegal poisonous gas he had wished to acquire not too long ago that the Galactic Gunshop could not provide.

Walking along after following the signs Lucifer found himself looking around as he strolled down the heavily packed metal paved street. That was until he stopped outside a cantina. It was then that he had the strange same feeling he had felt before and thus he acted upon it stepping inside. Looking at the name Respite he found it a little amusing as he walked inside.

He was glad however to find that upon entering his presence in the force or his feeling of it was not diminished at all. In fact he could feel another presence or two nearby, although they seemed dormant. Disregarding the feeling for now he headed towards the bar and ordered a drink of the famed Corellian Ale.

Looking about for a moment however the sith lord was somewhat surprised when he thought he saw someone he had met once before a long time ago hanging around with the twi'lek dancers, even if not the resemblance was uncanny. Lucifer sat drinking knowing that if there were others of the force here as he suspected by what he felt then they no doubt would feel him as well and the power that he commanded...it was the reason that some of those at the bar kept their distance having felt the chill factor just by the way he looked with his robotic eye and somewhat scarred burn marks back that extended underneath his armor.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

It was a very quick visit with the two young Twi'leks as Calmin was bored half way through foreplay. Getting redressed from his quick adventure, he made his way out and back into the cantina. The tender elsewhere proved to be enough as a whole group of new faces were now occupied in the Respite. Sitting down back at the bar, he ordered himself a hit of juma and then watched through his Force Sight the interaction of the crowd. Of to a corner was some strange man whom seemed to be intent on scanning the room himself. Calmin smiled as he figured out exactly what his purpose was. With a lift of a finger, he got the mans attention. As he approached, Calmin withdrew a credit chip and handed it to him.

"I'll take a few Death Sticks off your hand."

ayion1.jpg

((Just to point out you wouldn't know Lucifer's purpose since he hasn't revealed it and he didn't come looking for an apprentice it's just the force wished otherwise ))

Lucifer looked up from his drink, it seemed that the familiar face seemed to have noticed him. Peering at the man he now recognised him...he seemed to be the same man he had approached when enquiring if he would take a job of taking over the holonet, a plan that had since been put on hold. He remembered the name....Calmin.

One thing intriqued him however, it seemed that Calmin thought he was selling death sticks for some unknown reason. He would soon find that he had come to the wrong person in that regard. Motioning him to keep his credit chip Lucifer spoke up.

''I believe you have mistaken me for someone else. I do not sell such items keep your money. However I believe we are somewhat acquinted from a time past, if I recall you are by the name Calmin am I right. I once offered you a job with a substantial reward however the job was put on hold due to various reasons, it is a strange coincidence that we meet again like this.

Although there are rarely any co-incidences. Regardless I would not be surprised if you do not recall myself, I rarely stay in one place too long. If it helps I am known by the name Draco Vaanas.''

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

((Actually, it wasn't you who I was referring to. ))

Calmin was a bit upset that some other man jumped in front of his death stick buy, but he did hold a slight remembrance of this new man. Taking a moment to review him, even after he introduced himself, he could clearly remember the job, one of which was pure lucid imagination. Even with this history they may have held, he had just ruined a chance at a high.

"I'm sorry to say it, but you just ruined my chance at a high. That guy now walking away was whom I was trying to get. True, we have met before, but even if you don't believe in coincidences, it's still begs a question as to why we would be brought together, Mr.Draco Vaanas."

ayion1.jpg

Lucifer thought upon it...it seemed Calmin was more intelligent than he gave him credit for and seemed alot more open to different views than some.

The kiffar spoke.

''If that is the case I apologise and shall acquire some for you if that is your wish. As for the question, that could one of many things...with many answers. I view it as much like a river when a stone is dropped into it, a ripple occurs that will sometimes make more ripples yet it is never known just why it happens only that it is what it is.''

The sith lord contemplated the situation for a few moments, until eventually he peered into the man's mind albiet subtlely as to not gain attention. It seemed he seeked power, something he could provide if he was worthy enough. It became clear now the reason why he had been drawn to the spacestation...it seemed the force willed him here for this purpose.

Lucifer spoke again, he wished to find what truly drove the man.

''You seem fairly intelligent. May I be permitted to ask what brang a man such as you here when you could be doing so much more with such intelligence. What drives a man with such ambitions to such a place.''

Akheron.jpg

Calmin couldn't physically see the man he spoke before him, but through the Force, there was an aura about him that drove the Miraluka to believe that this man could hold some key to this Force thing that could really help him out.

"I originally came here to buy this place, but it required for me to collect a job first. Now that I have completed that, I've been celebrating my buy."

A smile came to Calmin's face as he knew that credits and power always excited him. And this place was run down, yet still managed to pull in massive amount of credits.

"I'll do anything for power and credits."

ayion1.jpg

Drake couldn't sleep, he layed in his bunk for almost an hour before deciding to return to the cantina and drwon himself in Juma Juice. upon reentering the cantina Drake spotted the Miraluka he had had breif words with earlier talking to another man, This man seemed different and perhaps he had work for the Codru-Ji.

He approached the man and interuppted the Miraluka's droll aobut power and credits. "If your needing work done don't waste your breath on this Drunk." Drake spat contemtiously, indicating the Miraluka, at the same time resting his bottom left hand upon the grip of his Disruptor pistol. "I am an experienced mercenary and Am in need of credits just name the job and I'm your man...for a price." He flashed a grin at the Miraluka letting him know it was payback for his earlier rudeness towards him.

Something seethed within Calmin when the freak Codru-Ji showed back up. He wasn't thrilled to have to interact with him again, nor was he entirely happy that his own bad karma caught up to him. Figures I would have to deal with him again. He was okay to tolerate the freaks presence, but when he upped the ante with declaring to be some sort of mercenary, despite not having the guts to go after the jobs he told him of, that was a tipping scale for Calmin.

"Why you fierfek freak! How dare you interrupt a conversation when no one wants you around. Go back into whatever hole you crawled out of."

ayion1.jpg

Drake chuckled heartily and turned his attention to the Miraluka.

"Well, well, welll, this blind dog has a fierce bark." Drake sighed, leaning back on the bar.

"If you're doubting my words let me giveyou some advice," Drake drew both of his Disruptor pistols in one smooth motion pointing them directly at the Miraluka.

"I am a mercenary and if the word freak falls from your tonuge again i will remove it from that annoying mouth of yours, and if you attempt to fight me there won't be enough dust left to fill a bag," Drake said menacingly, squeezing the trigger of his pistol slightly for emphasis.

Lucifer listened as Calmin spoke before replying just moments before another man claiming to be a mercenary rudely interupted the conversation.

''Ah power and credits the cause of many a conflict, and yet the wellspring from which ambition is spawned.''

The kiffar spoke up clearly a little unamused at the man who had so rudely barged in on him and the miraluka...yet within him he seemed to feel the same he felt of the miraluka. It seemed as if the force brought him here for not one but two reasons, yet it appeared that despite this the two before him clearly disliked each other...not that it bothered him any he had seen worse conflict.

The sith lord spoke and upon peaking he also decided against his better judgement to make his abilities known. If he truly was brought here for these two then a sign would show itself when he did so via they enquiring about his gifts or some such.

Using the force Lucifer stretched out his hand pulling the man's blasters from his hands most likely taking him by surprise. It was then that Lucifer spoke.

''You know it's rude to point, as is it rude to interupt a conversation without the proper introduction and then threaten unless otherwise provoked.

I gave no indication that I was searching for work you just assumed it. However regardless of the reason you so rudely interupted if you ever threaten me or those in my company again mercenary or not you'll be begging for mercy before I'm through with you. Now that's settled shall we start again this time with the proper introduction.''

With that the kiffar passed back the man's blasters via the same method he employed previously.

Akheron.jpg

Drake stood dumbfounded as his balsters foated back to his hands. "Are you a Jedi?" Drake asked uncertainly looking at the man intently.

He didnt think the man was a jedi the way he carried himself was different from those peace loving fools and Jedi never made threats of bodily harm against others, but he also interuppted Drake's threats.

"You're not a Jedi are you? Then what are you?" Drake asked holstering his blasters and sitting down on his seat. He whiped sweat from his brow and ordered al arge Corellian Ale, which he downed in one go.

Calmin was about ready to pull his own blaster and blast the man, but either good fortune for Drake or bad fortune for Calmin, but Draco managed to remove Drake's blaster from his hand saving a possible bloody match. That's a neat trick. It could come very handy in future firefights. Slowly, he removed his hand from his own blaster and it was now clear that Draco won't permit any fighting between the two for the moment. But if this Drake character tried anything more stupid, Calmin wouldn't give Draco the chance to stop a blaster fight from occurring.

ayion1.jpg

Lucifer let a small smile grip his lip....interesting. It seemed that his relatively simple trick had worked, they had both stopped fighting at least for now and seemed genuinely intriqued by what he had done.

The mercenary Drake seemed somewhat fearful although that fear of itself hid within it a secret rage, whereas Calmin stood calm and yet below he simmered...both had potential if they could put aside their differences. The kiffar spoke up.

''Indeed I am not. I walk...a different path, one less restricted to the conventional norms and where your desires can become reality. I have monitored you both it seems you both possess the same gifts as I, dormant and lying deep within you it seems this was no co-incidence, the force drew us together. Calmin you say you want power...you say you will do anything for it...are you certain of that. Are you willing to die and let your soul be consumed by such power, to pay a price so to speak for it.''

Lucifer then turned to Drake and spoke in the same calm manner.

''And to you mercenary, I will answer your question as soon as you answer mine. Are you willing to do the same that your all ambitions...all your desires can become real at the price of your humanity.''

Then the kiffar turned to them both.

''You need not answe straight away, if you wish we can proceed to somewhere more private...to discuss this matter. Since not many would understand, for we are chosen for a reason.''

Akheron.jpg

Drake looked at Draco his fear receding and he thought about what had just been said. Glancing into the back of the Cantina Drake motioned to the two others, and sat in an empty booth.

"I would do anything to achive my own desires even give up what little of my humanity I have retained." Drake answered calmly resting his chin on his hands. "But I would hear more about this before I decide."