Tython

It was turning into a party of sorts. First, the Grandmaster himself joined, then another older Jedi joined. Adenna assumed by how Aria addressed him, he was her teacher. That meant that she was a Padawan, something that Adenna did not guess earlier.

Adenna took Aria's cue and addressed Kitt. For months now she had been working on some sort of speech for this moment, but she hadn't expected it so soon or under such seemingly informal a situation as eating lunch. She didn't exclude anyone when she spoke, but her main focus was on the highest ranking of them all because it was primarily him that she had to persuade. "Grandmaster Kitt, sir. I am Adenna Alluyen, recently knighted by Master Kirlocca. I know right now you want the Jedi to stay here, but when you decide to send us out into the Galaxy, I would request that you consider one large area of wrongdoing and downright evil that is often overlooked by others, especially in times of war. I come from Thalassia, a poor planet on the Outer Rim that is all but controlled by slavers.

"Slavery is common place on Thalassia; I grew up in constant fear. The risk of being enslaved and poverty prevented me from seeking out the Jedi for almost a decade after I was diagnosed as being Force sensitive. I have had friends taken from their homes at night, beaten and raped, then shipped off to be slaves. Thalassia isn't the only planet that suffers slavery, there are dozens of major planets and thousands of colonies and territories that are under the brutality of slavery. The Hutts are the largest of the offenders, but they are far from alone.

"I implore you, as the Grandmaster, to consider setting the Jedi Order against this scourge and putting pressure on the new government to do something about slavery. If they won't do anything, I beg you to send Jedi to oppose slavery and work to end its presence in this Galaxy. I can think of few more noble things than to free slaves and save those who are suffering and who would in the future suffer."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

As Kitt listened in, only Adenna really spoke up about her plan to stop slavers. Noble as it was, his senses could already tell that it would lead to more threads. While no one else said anything yet, he could tell that they all had something in mind that needed to be done. Once she finished, he took a moment to glance at everyone at the table.

"Slavers are a real issue, one that's always been a fight for Jedi. I myself have in the past worked with Black Sun to bring down such slavers. But something tells me that Adenna's request for stopping slavers is not what Aria holds in mind to do. Nor any of you. However, I will not grant anyone permission to go without first accomplishing a task that I want done."

Kitt let out a breath before he continued on.

"This temple is built in a blackout zone, and it's done for a reason. It's hidden from the outside galaxy, and I do want to keep it that way. However, contact with the galaxy must still be maintained. From what I understand of technology, a high powered communication device used for planet to deep space contact won't work in a blackout zone, but it will work for short range transmissions if adjusted properly. I need one of you to find a way to set this up for me before I can let anyone leave."

Kitt took another moment to breathe, as he did, he glanced around to look each one in the face before he continued on.

"I feel it is imperative that the Order stay in contact with the Jedi it sends out. If a Jedi fails, how else will the Jedi Council know unless there was contact during the mission? Once our communications are set up, I will allow each of you to go on your missions, but only once you talk to me further about it so that I can set guidelines of how you are to interact with the galaxy around you."

Kitt reached out with the Force and touched his own apprentice Dean and urged him to come find him. As he did, he waited for the reaction from the Jedi he sat with now.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

"Oh. Of course."

Galen leaned against the side of the hallway. 'New Galactic Alliance,' I wonder what that means? Galen though to himself. He studied his surroundings and wondered, have I really been gone that long?

Minutes passed as Galen stayed deep in thought. He wondered about who would train him. Maybe this Xae-Lin person would be interested. He tought on the lightsaber he would be creating soon, and what it meant about his place in the galaxy. He thought on the Force and how it permeated everything here. For the first time in a while Galen relaxed and simply enjoyed the day.

GalenSig2copy.jpg

Xae-Lin nodded appreciatively at Adenna's tale of her own hard upbringing and the constant fear that she and her family had been subjected to. She briefly reflected for a moment as to what her life would have been if Kyp hadn't taken her from her mother and the evil Nightsisters clan. She'd learned a lot from him before he left her to pursue his dark path.

She shrugged about the permission's remark from Aira and was about to comment when they were joined by none other than Grandmaster Kitt himself and former-Admiral Onderin. She could sense the happiness coming from Aira at the reunion of her and her former master.

She thought on the two subjects, slavery and a rescue mission as the two former officers in the Alliance spoke, and Adenna made her case to Kitt. Where best could she and her Padawan serve in this? Then the answer became quite obvious as Kitt set a task before the group.

"I learned a thing or two about mechanics and communications arrays while under Kyp Durron's tutelage. I could give it a shot and I'm sure what I can't handle Arsix can. The Force will guide us, but let me ask this, were you talking about short term in relation to getting a signal say from here to the City? Or from here to outside the atmosphere? One will definitely be easier than the other. What are the needs of the Order?"

She wasn't sure if she was the absolute best for the job, but she was more than willing to give it a try. She liked feeling useful.

While she waited on Kitt's response, the young woman reached out in the Force for a moment to Ineira's instructor.

If the younglings are bored, perhaps they'd like to help out a Jedi Knight with some training,She paused, not forgetting the training that she was to be doing as well in shaping the future of the Order. Have them pair up and hide lightsaber components around the temple and the gardens. It's time for my Padawan to learn how to build and fight with their first lightsaber, I also sense that there's another in need of this process as well so better hide enough for both.

She didn't expect the Sullustian's response so soon, The young ones would be delighted to help out and explore on their own for a bit.

Xae's smile widened, helping others be useful made her feel even better. "If we're looking at just getting messages out to the City, then I might be able to have it up and running in a day. Any farther than that would take much longer."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Kitt's head turned as he heard Xae speak up. There was something about her that the Grandmaster admired, but he couldn't quite figure it out.

"I just need it to be able to get to the city. They'll be our rely for all communications, as I want this temple to remain unknown to the galaxy. As far as the Order's needs, we need to find a few mobile satellite stations that we can use for scrambling out transmissions in the future, as well as other things. I'm not certain we want to simply walk into some place and buy them either, as then traces can be made back to us."

A lot of what he needed done for the Order would take some time, but once a short term communications base was set up, he could then allow for Jedi to go out on Jedi affairs, but Jedi affairs only.

Darla was a bit surprised when Darex left the group. She assumed that it must be important Jedi business. After all that was why they were on Typhon in the first place. Seeing her old master had made her forget about how much her swollen feet were aching and how tired she was from the long walk to the temple.

She listened while Skye greeted Tares, he had been more her Master than Skye's and the bond between them was strong. Skye introduced Nishant and Tares and the two seemed to hit it off. Darla couldn't help but smile. She dropped her bags to the floor, at least she could rest her shoulders while the group caught up with one another.

While the others were talking Darla wondered where Darex was and weather or not she should go and find him. Still with several bags on her shoulders, Darla wanted nothing more than to sit down. But she didn't want to leave her friends. Tares soon brought his attention back to the women.

"I hope your vacation was long enough to provide some well earned rest and relaxation. Have you two come here to accompany Darex, or to see what the future brings for the Jedi as well?"

Before she had a chance to answer Skye spoke up for them.

"Long enough for some things, not long enough for others. Mother was sorry she missed you." Skye replied, "I must admit that my curiosity got the better of me. I had to see for myself how things were going to be. Besides which, I've my patients to consider." Skye gently squeezed Darla's shoulder, "I think Darla and Darex will have their hands full when the time comes for the twins to arrive."

Darla smiled and squeezed Skye's hand as her friend touch her shoulder reassuringly. She was so glad that Skye was there with her. The more people spoke about her children the more real the situation felt. It was still pretty daunting, but she had all the support that she could wish for the Galaxy.

Before she had a chance to dwell any-more on the thought of childbirth she felt strong arms wrap around her body. Darex had come up behind her. She leaned back against him, happy for the physical as well as emotional support he represented.

Darex told everyone the rooms that they had been allocated, Darla simply enjoyed the warmth of feeling him near. She was so tired, she was ready to drop. If Darla had been her old self she would surely have felt the ripples in the Force that her companions did.

"Ah yes, twins. You've both faced some of the galaxy's greatest challenges that the Force could present, and yet the biggest one might be still to come."

Tares' words brought Darla back to the daunting thought of being a parent, but having Darex to lean on made her know that she wouldn't be alone. For a second she closed her eyes and she rested her head on him.

"Fynn Relmis."

Darla's eyes shot open. What was Tares talking about? Fynn? Was this some kind of joke?

Her eyes darted back and forth until they rested on Fynn... Fynn was there.

Her jaw dropped. As far as Darla knew he was dead. She'd loved him and she had mourned him. It had been a horrible and gruesome experience. Parts of his body had been sent to her... Very specific parts. So many Jedi died and were reborn in cloned bodies, in shouldn't have been such a surprise to see him alive.

Her heart skipped a beat.

When she had known Fynn she had been afraid of getting close to anyone. The two had become close, Fynn had fallen for Darla. But she had been conflicted. Her love had been torn between Fynn and Kakuto Ryu. Her path had been torn between darkness and light. She had loved Fynn, but when he had asked her to be with him she had hated herself too much to let anyone love her that way.

She had told Fynn that she was no good for him and pushed him away. That had seemed like a life time ago. Darla knew how much she had hurt Fynn, how rejected her had felt. Especailly knowing that she had feelings for a monster like Kakuto Ryu.

Now she was clam, stable, in love and with child. Carrying two in fact.

There she stood, leaning into Darex. Staring at Fynn.

What would she say to him? She had no idea. While she was happy to Fynn she was also very confused. The last thing that she wanted to do was hurt him any more than she had in the past. There was also a part of her that was thinking about how different things would be now if she had done things differently.

If things had been a little different it could be Fynn's children that she was carrying.

Darla began to cry.

Maybe it was her hormones, maybe it was the exhaustion, maybe it was just the sadness of thinking off all that could have been or simply the joy at seeing a long lost friend. A friend that she loved.

Rannrsig.jpg

"It's good to see you again, Fynn. Have you come to attend the Order's retreat?"

"Indeed Master Tares, it's amazing to see you all. I've been away for..." He looked over at Darex and Darla and then over at Master Skye. He approached the group with a confident gate and wide smile that masked his near exuberance for seeing them all in such condition.

"...far too long." He said this hoping that he would avoid any questions as to what he was up until later.

"I heard the call, and here, more or less, I am." Fynn said these words with a slight smile. He knew that they had to be curious, as to what had brought him from his hermit like existence to where he stood now. He had no full explanations himself, perhaps he had simply followed the will of the force. Yet, truly he had come to ask Master Tares to train him. First things first though, he was more than curious about the current state of affairs.

"After the-, well...my...dismissal," his memory flashed back to council meeting that saw him leave the traditional jedi fold for so a long time.

"I left on a self-imposed banishment. The time alone helped me recover some things, and discover some qualities about myself that I had long denied. I stayed on Hoth for a while, then I flitted around the galaxy for a time. Avoiding conflicts, and finding peace when I could. I ended up on Coruscant, living in the shadow of the Sith, watching them tear down the old temple, and erect their monuments. Now, with end of the war and the designation of a new temple, something told me the time was right." Fynn said as his eyes flitted to something in the force that caught his attention.

Darla looked the same... exactly the same, down to the hairs on her head. Fynn remembered a time when simply looking at Darla would cause him to gulp. Now however he remembered the wonderful friend she had been, he had loved her once, but knowing she was happy, it made everything he'd been through more worth it. Darex too was much the same, though he sensed a burden on his mind, as if their were more responsibility on his shoulders. He'd always respected Darex, in some ways he was the jedi that Fynn had always hoped he could be, but now realized was not his destiny. There was something else the force had in mind for him.

"But...enough about my affairs, I must know, how are you all, and who are the new additions I sense? There's news here to be sure." Fynn said as he looked over Nishant, and then the mysterious aura's that surrounded Darla.

Edited by Guest

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Darla wiped at her eyes. She wasn't going to embarrass herself any more than she already had. After giving Darex's hand a squeeze she headed over to Fynn.

"Oh Fynn..."

She wanted to reach out and touch him, but she was so unsure. After not seeing him for years she wasn't sure how to react around him. The last time that she had seen him alive hadn't been happy to see her at all. He seemed different now. Whatever hard feelings he had had towards were gone. He seemed happy to see them all.

"Fynn, I thought you were dead... All these years I thought you were dead. I didn't know were alive... Hiding... all this time." It was hard to find the words to express what she wanted to. "I'm just glad that you're here now."

Darla wanted to give him a hug but instead she squeezed his shoulder and gave him a smile.

"It's good to see you Fynn."

She wanted to tell him everything. How she had died and returned herself, how she had lost her connection to the Force, how she had nearly fallen to the darkness within her during her battle with Kakuto. How Darex had been there to pull her back. How she had fallen in love with him and now they were going to be a family. But there wasn't a way that she could say all of those things without hurting his feelings.

Maybe she was selling Fynn short. Maybe he could hear all of those things and just be happy for her. Maybe she was just worried about upsetting herself by bringing up all that had happened in the past few years.

For all she knew there would be plenty of time for them to talk. There was peace now and everybody had a place to stay in the new temple. Sooner or later Fynn would find out that she was going to be a mother.

Just for now, Darla wanted to leave it at 'it's good to see you.'

Rannrsig.jpg

As Dean sat in the dark, he attempted to clear his mind of everything. He had already burned away his past, almost literally. But he couldn't seem to clear his mind. He could feel the heat from the fire on the side of his face. It had been a long time since he had felt the true heat of a real fire. For most of his life he had felt the all encompassing warmth of a heating system. Whether it was in his quarters at the Imperial Academy, or his cabin on the starships he had been on. But here amongst the Jedi, far from the rest of civilization, a true fire seemed right and proper. Other than the heat on his face, he couldn't tune out the sound of the waterfall behind him. As much as he tried to focus on the spark that Kitt sensed within him, he couldn't turn his focus from the flowing water behind him.

As he tried to focus on himself, he felt something welling up inside him. For a moment he would have sworn he was feeling the Force, but after just a moment he felt the desire to seek out the Jedi Grandmaster. He tried to shake the feeling from his mind and turn back to searching his connection to the Force but the feeling would not abate. Rising to his feet, Dean made his way to the entrance of the room. Before he crossed the threshold and left the room he took one last look at the ancient blades arranged throughout the room.

After leaving the room Dean made his way to the mess hall where he found Kitt sitting with several people. Taking a seat across from his new Master, Dean waited to be addressed. As he waited, he allowed a single thought from his past to enter his mind. Back before the ”œfall”

reilly1.jpg

When the presence he had felt resolved itself into the form of a friend long gone, Darex was astonished. It was amazing how the Force worked. His first feeling was that of joy. Fynn had been a cherished friend, and Darex was glad to see him ready to rejoin the galaxy once more.

But right in the wake of that happiness came a memory of a previous time where they had all met together. Not the last time--Darex remembered a time shortly after he had taken Aerec as his padawan that Fynn had briefly visited--but the one of the most significant times that he remembered. Fynn had been mad and verbally abusive towards Darla, declaring her a traitor and insisting that she was to blame for everything. The part of him that remembered that time caused his protective streak to rouse up. What if Fynn was going to do the same this time, too? With the protectiveness came a hint of jealousy as he remembered that Fynn and Darla had been close before. What if seeing him now made Darla realize that she still loved him?

But this line of thought was never seriously followed. Like the true Jedi he was, Darex acknowledged the feelings and then let them fade into the Force. Emotions were part of life, but did not affect a Jedi's actions. Therefore it was with complete honesty that Darex greeted Fynn warmly. "It's very good to see you again, Fynn. You've been away for far too long."

He shook the Jedi Knight's hand. "I'm glad you decided to come when you heard the Grandmaster's summons. Let me introduce you to Skye's new padawan, Nishant. Nishant, this is Fynn Relmis, a Jedi Knight and old friend of all of us."

He could sense Darla's weariness, and her tears were plenty of indication that she was now emotionally weary too. She needed rest, and Darex was not going to hesitate to say so. "I'm sorry to greet and run, but Darla needs to rest. It's been a long day, and..."What the heck, just say it..."her pregnancy only increases that."

He didn't want to be rude, and he truly was glad to see Fynn, but he felt that Darla's needs took priority at this moment. "But we should catch up in the morning," he invited.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

As Kirlocca walked the halls, he saw many Jedi that he knew or had heard of during one point in his very long career as a Jedi. Looking down one hall, he could see Darex, Skye, Tares and a few others that he knew of by sight, but they looked to be strongly in deep conversation and he wasn't in the mood to interrupt anything with them, so he kept walking through the halls. As he went further, he finally spotted Onderin Starlisk, but he was sitting at a table with Kitt, Xae, Adenna, and Aira. Another group deep in conversation, so he kept on walking. What he wanted to talk to Onderin about wasn't important enough to step into a conversation, even a large one that was taking place. Curious enough, a lot of the Jedi were gathered together or off by themselves doing training. Feeling slightly out of place, Kirlocca decided to take a walk towards the library.

Upon entry, he quickly found a spot to sit in. He never was one of reading through holocrons and data when bored, but he did find the atmosphere enjoyable, so once he found a spot to sit and relax in, he did exactly that. Allowing the natural flow of the Force within the Temple to fill him, he began to drift into a mix form between sleeping and meditation.

Yet again, Nishant bowed to a newly arrived Jedi. It was apparent to him just how much weight the words of the Grandmaster carried. As he stood there, the metaphorical babe in the company of the grown, he enveloped himself in the moments. His hands folded lightly behind his back, and he watched them in his mind, and watched whatever it was that watched. He watched the words dance from Darex's mouth, and wondered what part of the master was speaking, and what part of him, the padawan, was hearing.

He grinned softly at the exercise, recalling lessons from his childhood. His father had told him many times, in the same soft voice that flowed from Nishant, that nothing he could name would ever be the Truth. The words, the thoughts, they are not the Truth, he would say. They are what many people think of as the link, the way of relation; many relate only through concepts. Even a feeling is only so much less shallow a form of relation as thought. Thought cannot comprehend what is beyond thought. Everything Nishant could name about this situation was here, and yet it was not. He wondered what he would discover about the Force, in this regard, and yet again reminded himself that he was not yet living the way his father had said was possible.

But it is possible.

Looping the thought, Nishant again reflected on the weight the Grandmaster, and the Council, carried, and the influence they had on the Order. A peculiar notion arose in Nishant's mind, something akin to a contented interest in the possibility of the future. It had become clear to him since last he has seen Emily, that there were many things about the Order that would not agree with things he knew he may have to say.

Then do not say them, he reminded himself, turning his attention back to the present moment. Opinions mean only so much. Yours is not so great that it needs voice unless it is requested. Now you are a Padawan, and you will always be the Padawan of the Truth, no matter what occurs.

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

Dining Hall

Adenna was disheartened when Kitt seemed to shoot down her hopes of doing something about slavery. She didn't despair because it was still possible something might be done, but he didn't appear to be very enthusiastic about it. Maybe he was just stressed and busy. She couldn't imagine the pressure that came with leading the Jedi Order. Maybe when things settled down, she could address the Council when they would have time to properly consider her request.

Since she knew almost nothing about electronics, she simply remained silent and worked on her lunch. Xae seemed to know something so that was a good thing that might let them fix the issue quickly. She saw Master Kirlocca walk through, but he didn't stop and was out of range before Adenna could invite him over. He may have been busy since he didn't get anything to eat.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Onderin was interested in everything that was being said, but it seemed that the Grand Master really did want everyone to spend some time here before going out, even if it was to do things well in line with the call of the Jedi. He was willing to accept that--the exercise of coming out here at all would be wasted if insufficient time was spent in meditation to actually change anything. At the moment, it was more important than any concern in the galaxy; there would always be problems, but a Jedi that was not in tune with the Force would find no lasting solutions.

He still wasn't quite sure what he had signed himself up to do, but Aira seemed happy for his help and so he had no problems giving it. Master Kirlocca wandered past while they were talking, and he was broadcasting pretty openly in the Force. Onderin was good at feeling the emotions in the Force around him--it was how he'd mastered Battle Meditation--and he felt Kirlocca's brief desire to speak with him before moving on.

The ex-Admiral glanced down at his old apprentice again. "Sounds like we have a little time," he said. "Let me know when you're ready to leave, Aira." He'd immediately decided to follow Kirlocca, and now he did so, the walk taking him through scenic parts of the Jedi Temple and then to the library. He'd never had much time for libraries in the past--indeed, he'd thought little of anything but war and duty since he'd been Knighted by Keiran Valoria so many years ago....

But that was different now. He would always be a man of action, but now he would first be a Jedi Master. And he would never have risen to that rank without the life-changing trials that this very Master Kirlocca had starting him upon. "Master Kirlocca," he said, greeting the wookiee as he approached. "It's been some time. Are you well?"

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Kirlocca allowed for his body to release everything tense about it and fully came to relaxation. As he did, a single breath was released from his mouth before he spoke to Onderin.

<< I am well. The time between our last meeting was indeed long, but it always brings me joy when I see you. To know that you are well and alive is always a blessing. >>

Kirlocca took a moment, one that he didn't even understand why he took it. Onderin clearly knew that he wanted to talk, so why would he feel a need to pause? Maybe I'm not well. The very thought made hims mile. To be ill and not know it.

<< I must ask, what is it that you see when you look upon me? I know it may sound stupid to ask such a question, but it does hold relevance, trust me. >>

Onderin was mildly surprised by the warmth in Kirlocca's voice, even to the point where he wondered if he needed to brush up on his Shyriiwook. He had been doing his best to balance being a good Jedi and a good Admiral for years, but he was straight enough with himself to know that the Jedi part of him had suffered. He had just naturally expected other Jedi Masters to disapprove of some of his choices over the years--Armiena Darkfire certainly had shown up in his office a few times to scold him.

At any rate, it did him good to know that there were still Jedi in the Order that put enough faith in him that they didn't feel at all alienated when he let the war come first. Even Jedi that he hadn't served with on the front line before like Kirlocca.

The wookiee's question was an interesting one, but Onderin didn't hesitate when he answered--Kirlocca had been one of the Jedi Masters he'd always respected. "I see a wise Jedi, a powerful warrior, and a reliable friend," he said. He knew about Kirlocca's time as a captain in the Augury, the elite special ops group he'd organized with Aryian Darkfire. The Augury had only existed for a short time before the war ended, which to Onderin meant they were wildly successful, even if he didn't particularly support the fact that the other captain had been a Mandalorian. "You managed to accomplish much in the war without sacrificing your Jedi values, something I must admit I did not achieve myself."

He was curious to see the relevance, of course, but was glad for the chance to bolster the wookiee, based on what he could feel of Kirlocca's mood in the Force.

3C12kbA.png

Trushaun gripped the datapad handed to her by the Healer. This was disturbing. What had happened to her? Why her? Who did this? She was starting to get angry. Enough. She tossed the datapad to the side and ran outside.

She fell down and rolled to a stop. She looked towards the sky. Clouds were rolling over. So she was an experiment. How cruel. She wanted to break down. No. She was a Jedi. Held to a higher standard now. Concentrating, her new holocron came out of her pocket and hovered over her body. It whispered into her ear.

Create

It was something so small it could barely be heard. But the feeling it projected. It was something that most people would miss. This was to be heard. To be felt and turned into something for all to see. Her pain was going to be turned into something wonderful. Changing her pain into something beautiful.

All around her a Force explosion, through a naturalist it manifested. All around the young Fosh Naturalist flowers bloomed. Her idea became reality as the wild flowers sprouted through the will of the Force. A lesson Trushaun had been practicing ever since here days with Reptillia. She felt the energy flow through her.

She opened her eyes and got up, placing the Holorcron in her pocket. She looked around. Even the Fosh was surprised to see what happened. Even she was surprised. She looked over her brand new garden.

Callistephus chinensis, Browallia viscosa, Cynara cardunculus, Digitalis purpurea, Tagetes erecta, Cuphea llavea, Impatiens, Gerbera jamesonii...

And many dozen others she she didn't want to assume the names of. She wondered what would come of her. She didn't ask for permission, but this would be a great place to meditate for her fellow Jedi...

Trushauncopy3.png

I nodded. I was glad Xae was going to take care of the comm relay. I was hopeless with technology in general, a source of great amusement to some of my fellow Republic soldiers who had all had extensive repairs training. "I'd offer to help you Xae, but I'd probably just break it," I told her.

I turned to the Grandmaster as Onderin left. "Once that is finished, I request permission to go to Ilum. When I was there a few weeks ago, I felt a presence reaching out to me and saw a vision of a Sith Master slaughtering Jedi in a temple. The presence spoke to me, saying that their souls were imprisoned in the ice, begging me to free them. With your permission, once communications are set up, I'd like to return and try to do just that for them. And I suppose Onderin is coming with me."

I remembered clearly now the horrors that I had witnessed through that vision, and the desperation clear in the boy's voice.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

He tilted his head downwards for a moment as he thought upon his own career. Oddly enough, Kirlocca had come close to the Dark Side many times while out on the front lines. It was a truth that was too scary to think about. Granted, he never did take a step down the path, but to get as close as he did is still enough to make him wonder how much will it take before he does? Pushing the thought aside, as he didn't want those emotions to come up between him and Onderin. Both were trained, if not in mastery of Battle Meditation. He looked up at offered a grin to his fellow Jedi Master.

<< There are many painful memories of those who stood by our sides during the war. Many of them sadly did not get to see this day come. And I'm afraid some may not live long enough past it. >>

It was a very somber tone to speak in, even for one whom had seen a lot of war. The truth was, Kirlocca had never truly allowed for his grief to come out before. But was it is own grief, or his vision of his own death that inspired such tones within him?

As the words came out of Darex's mouth Darla felt more weary than ever. She hadn't outright wanted to say it to Fynn, at least not then after seeing him for the first time in years. Almost forgetting that Darex had been with her the last time she had seen Fynn, she was a little surprised at his bluntness. However she soon realised what he was doing.

Darex was just trying to protect her. He was a man who his his feelings well, but he still had them. He had always been a steadfast friend to her, once they had become lovers he had become even more protective towards her. Since she had told him that his was carrying his children, she was pretty certain that he would do anything at all to protect her.

He could see that Darla was upset, but it was at seeing a long lost friend and thinking of things that could have been. Perhaps that was what Darex felt threatened by. The idea that she may still have feelings towards Fynn.

Do I?

It was true that she was exhausted. After walking for pretty much a full day in her condition she had pushed herself to the limit. But seeing was... Maybe it wasn't something she should be doing right now.

On one hand she was frustrated that Darex was speaking for her but on the other she was glad that he had her back. Without saying any words and with no aid from the Force, she was sure that he understood exactly how she was feeling.

She wanted to tell Fynn she was sorry, but how could she? If she was sorry that she never gave Fynn a chance then that would mean that she was sorry about her current situation. Which she wasn't in the least.

After a few moments of inner turmoil Darla seized control of the moment.

"Yes." She said taking Darex by the hand. "We are pregnant."

There wasn't an ounce of malice in words.

"It really is nice to see you Fynn and I'd really like to catch up with you properly. But like Darex said, I really do need some rest."

She gave him a weak smile, it was the best that she could offer him right now.

Rannrsig.jpg

Kitt slowly nodded his head. Much as he has already said before, it wasn't that no one couldn't leave, but guidelines would have to be set up for each mission a Jedi team undertakes.

"Of course. I want you both to do everything you can for them, but evade from being seen. I will expect updates throughout your mission until your return. I'll have two Jedi Aces moved to the Ashla landing port for this mission."

Onderin was glad he had spent enough time around Kirlocca that he could tell what it looked like for a wookiee to grin--an unaquainted man would have seen the bared teeth and interpreted them as a snarl, or perhaps a grimace. The next thing across their mind would be to duck and cover, and it would be much to their embarassment when the misunderstanding was cleared up and they realized it was just a smile. Anyway, Onderin was no such man, and even if he'd not known how to read Kirlocca's countenance, he would have felt just as strongly through the Force the Jedi Master's solemn grief.

Still, the wookiee seemed reticent. Onderin suspected that there was a bigger reason Kirlocca had wished to speak to him beyond just reminiscing about the perils of the war. No one knew them better than Onderin himself, as he had opened himself to Battle Meditation at times that thousands were dying around him, screaming out in terror and becoming suddenly silenced every second. It was a phenomenon that had at one point led Aira to withdraw from the Force during battles; Onderin had had no choice but to push through it. Feel it. Ignore the suffering around him. That was something no Jedi should ever have cause to do, and even now that the war was over, Onderin would need a lot of time to recover essential Jedi qualities like compassion while he came to terms with what he had done. It was easy to say it was worth it, but could he really make that decision?

"The war was very hard on all of us," he agreed. "But now that it is over, Master, can the Order not recover?

"What's really on your mind, Kirlocca?"

3C12kbA.png

Time, it was a funny thing. It was all relative, and yet it was quite defining. To the Jedi master in the courtyard however, it was inconsequential. It was simply the distance between one event and the next and he had no events to disturb him. The young man instead focused, seemingly quite old for his years. He was perhaps twenty two now. Though to be honest he really didn't know. He had had, a lot of ”˜birthdays'. War had been”¦ hard on him.

The galaxy simply was not the place it had been when he had first started on the Jedi path. What few friends he had, had were long gone and dead. Some perhaps were simply wandering space for all he knew.

"Can I have my Beam Spiltter back miss?"

He laughed silently to himself. That had been perhaps his first friend. He could still remember it like it was yesterday. He had just arrived on that frozen Ice ball of hoth and was carrying food that was weeks old. Not that he had much of a choice, he hadn't been in the best situation financially to begin with.

That smile faded from his face replaced by a sadness he had perhaps never truly let go.

Ha perhaps I am twenty five. I think my Jedi path started at age 18. Then again maybe it started when I was sixteen.

It was an unknown fact for many but the Jedi master had memory problems. There had been a traumatic event at some point in his life. Something on the scale of being born for the first time. Much like how a baby could not remember its life in the womb, he could not remember his life before the Jedi.

He had over the years tried to piece bits of the puzzle together but, truth be told, war was a very demanding mistress, and had occupied him far more often than he wished. Now at last with the opportunity to go fact finding, he found what past he did have still hurt to reflect on.

What ever happened to my father's lightsaber?

The old man in the courtyard laughed at the memory of his knighting ceremony, or lack there of. One moment he was a padawan who had lost his master. The next he was a knight and being sent off to war. War was hectic after all, how else did he become a knight ten months after joining the Jedi. Then again he had already been born again twice by that time.

Then again a lot had happened to him over the years. He had been attacked, demoted, restricted, he had watched friends die, he had been in the same room as jedi of legend, and have faced Sith of equal power. Hell he had trained apprentice who had left before their time and had the potential to be greater than anything he could have ever hoped to become.

Everything happened to him and he was always able to let it go. Well most of it. A deep lumbering sigh passed through the Jedi as he dried a face he hadn't even known as wet. Time had finally passed for the Jedi and he could begin to let things go in this galaxy of peace.

Finally.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Fynn had no idea what to say. He stared a moment then laughed, it was so amazing. He looked over at Darex and then back at Darla. His face said it all. Amazement and joy were all but written on his face.

"Congratulations. I'm so happy for you both." He said as bowed his head gently.

So they had found love in each other. It was a wonderful thing. It made Fynn realize that he was getting older, and that he was very much a lonely soul. Still this life fit him, and while the thought of children made him nervous for the both of them, he couldn't help but feel a genuine happiness for his friends.

"I go away for five seconds and this is what happens," he said jokingly towards Darex. He suddenly realized that Darex might feel just a little bit uneasy with his sudden return. He still hadn't regained the trust he'd lost all those years ago.

He nodded as Darla reminded him that she needed some rest.

"Of course, of course, apparently there will be plenty of time for stories and tales of adventure, an of... well this." He said referring to her pregnancy.

He had to refocus on the task at hand. In Fynn's mind the "peace" was to peaceful. Having all jedi in one spot felt far to vulnerable for his taste. He had come to see if Tares would give him training, and intended to ask before the great master could vanish again.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

For reasons unknown to him, Kirlocca found it hard to flat out talk to Onderin about what was on his mind, even though he trusted him the most. Truly there was no need to keep something in, as even as he sat looking at his old friend, he could feel it still within the Force, so Onderin had to feel it as well.

<< I can feel within the Force another reason to stay here besides for what the Council has said. I think Kitt knows more then what he told us. To allow for the Galactic Alliance to get their footing is a good reason and all, but I can feel that there is something more. Don't you feel it? >>

It wasn't so much that he wasn't given the whole truth, but the fact that he could feel another reason and not be told it made him a little be weary. Granted, he trusted the wisdom of the Council and would indeed follow them, but there was something more. He just can't figure out what it is.

Onderin's brow creased in concern and he touched the Force, searching his feelings. Kirlocca was obviously worried about something, but as he reached out around himself, he could feel nothing unusual. He felt a large collection of Jedi, several of them eager to get back out in the galaxy and others quite content to spend some more time here and train or be trained, to reflect before stepping foot into a new, peaceful galaxy. Out there was certainly were Onderin wished to be--he had fought for many years to make the galaxy the way it was now, and sitting secluded on this world wouldn't let him experience the fruits of his labor.

Maybe that was the problem. The Jedi Master slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry, Master, but I cannot. I must be too eager to get off-world to properly open myself to reasons to stay," he answered. The only alternative was that Kirlocca was paranoid, but he didn't even consider that an option. The wookiee was perhaps the strongest Jedi Onderin knew, one so in tune with the Force that it was much easier to accept that he could sense something that Onderin could not.

He shifted on his feet uncomfortably. He didn't really like the way this conversation had evolved, now that he thought about it. He searched his feelings again. "Maybe if I knew what I was looking for..." Was it dangerous? Some unknown effect of the war? Did it have to do with the Jedi all being in one place? Was it a threat to the body or a threat of the mind? Or was it not a threat at all, but another reason to remain here in fellowship for a time longer than appointed?

He checked his assumptions again, then started to examine each Jedi individually. Wait... he thought, then his eyes went back to Kirlocca's. "Actually... I might know what you mean." If he was right, then it proved how in tune with the Force the wookiee was. "But what do you want to do about it?"

OOC: I'm out of town this weekend, as per my post in the absent thread. I'll definitely be able to post again by Monday, though.

3C12kbA.png

Skye remained silent as she observed the interactions of the others. When Fynn arrived, the Master Healer's eyes lit up. It had been a long time since she had last seen the other of her former Padawan's. Still she remained silent, letting the others continue their conversations, although through the Force she radiated her pleasure in seeing everyone together again.

Skye seemed to black out for a time then, her mind far, far away... only returning to the 'here and now' when Darex introduced her padawan to Fynn...

The Healer looked at Darla with concern when she started to cry, Skye glancing at Darex who had returned and was now holding Darla. It had been such a long day, finishing with the long trek and Skye was concerned for her pregnant friend. When Darex suggested Darla go and rest, the Healer finally spoke up, "Yes, go and rest and you should feel better for it. I've slipped a flask into one of Darex's bags that has a nutritious energy boosting drink in it. Don't forget to drink it" Skye grinned at her friends as she spoke.

Skye turned towards Fynn, walking over to him to greet him properly, "Hello Fynn. It's been a long time."

ooc: Sorry it's taken me forever to post... RL is very stressful atm...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Kitt took the lull that was now increasing to address his padawan, whom he was very grateful that he understood that being in a place as Kitt was, meant less time to devote else where at times.

"So tell me Dean, how did your meditation go? Did you get to touch and fully experience the Force?"

Kitt didn't really need for Dean to respond, as he already knew. But his own words would help Kitt understand what was standing in his way. Once he could identify that, then Dean would be able to move further along in his training.

Darex smiled at Fynn's reaction. He knew now that his friend was truly back, steady of mind again and ready to face the decisions he had made that affected him, whether he realized it or not, to this very day. "Thanks. Good to see you, old friend."

His mind at ease on the matter of Relmis, he turned his attention solely on the mother-to-be. He took the bags that she had set on the ground and hefted them onto his shoulders, then placed his free hand on the small of her back. "Come on," he said.

Their quarters weren't far, something of which Darex was glad for, because Darla looked as if she was about to drop. He keyed open the door to the sparse but comfortable room and dropped their bags in the entry way. Unzipping one, he rummaged around for the vitamin drink Skye had mentioned while he motioned Darla to go ahead of him. Finding the mixture, he shook it until it was well mixed as he headed into the little attached kitchenette that was there in case they got tired of cafeteria food. He found a clean glass and poured the concoction into it.

The Jedi Master then made his way into the open living room and handed the drink to Darla. "Drink it all, then you can sleep," he said, taking a seat beside her on the couch.

As she sipped the beverage, he suddenly reached out and placed his hand on hers. "Thank you for coming with me," he said softly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "It means a lot to me to have you here with me." He knew she hadn't wanted to come, and that the trek had taken a lot out of her. She had sacrificed to come here, and he did not take it for granted.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order