Tython

Tracking down the adopted daughter of Burksed and her dig sight had proven fairly simple. Dashel had tracked her through the Force, trusting it to locate her and alert him when she had gone to the dig site.

What he had found when he had gotten there had been a surprise. The girl was confronting another group of young people at blaster-point, holding three of them at bay while she backed towards her speeder.

Their argument had reached him long before he had reached them.

"Give us that crystal," said the larger of the trio. "We found it, it belongs to us and we are going to sell it for some creds."

"I told you no before and I will tell you know again," she said. From the sounds of her footstets, it sounded as if she was again backing towards her speeder. "We are not selling the crystal, nor are we selling this one, especially since its..." she paused, obviously stumbling over something unexpected. "...gate keeper called this a holocron, whatever that is. You heard it, it belongs to the Jedi."

Wondering where the girl had suddenly gotten a conscience, Dashel found out quickly enough that there was a fourth member of the group, hiding behind a small dip in the land. He found out by blundering into the young man, having become intently focused on the conversation around him.

Master Skye-Organa would have been amused, then she would have silently shot something at him to wake him up.

Fortunately, a Jedi's reactions are faster than most individual's in the galaxy. One surprised look at the blaster held in the young man's hand had Dashel reacting immediately. Knowing that he needed to put an end to this, sort it out, then move things along, he fell into the force.

Dashel let it explode out, freezing everyone in position long enough for him to walk around, grab weapons off of all four and the girl, cuff all 5, and then he sat down to wait for the stasis to wear off.

He looked forward to their explanations. As it was, there were a number of statutes that they all had broken. Justice, though, demanded that he find out more than the apparent law breaking that was going on.

Lifting his left hand to push his lekku back behind his head, Zarka found himself staring at the giant rock that he had made an attempt at earlier. It seemed weird to him that size wouldn't matter. In his mind, the size of it would prevent him from doing anything past lifting it, as he could barely handle to other rock. Deciding to listen to his master on the subject, he closed his eyes and reach out, doing his best to 'feel' the rock that he had to lift. Once he was sure he could feel it within his senses, he fell into the current of the Force and did his best to alter to currents to lift the rock from the air. After around a few seconds had passed, he slowly opened his eyes to see if he had even been successful in lifting the rock an inch from the ground. To his great surprise, he had lifted it, but only an inch or two off the ground. Not wanting to lose his focus on it, he spoke very slowly and quietly to his master.

"Master... I'm lifting it."

He was surprised, and he was sure it was all through his voice. But then again, why should he be? He had seen so many Jedi do such a very feat throughout his studies. Why would it be inconceivable for him to do the same, even at such a small scale?

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

The Jedi Knight listened as his apprentice told him of the slavery taking place on her home planet. Dahar was never shocked at the detestable things sentients would do to each other but felt compassion for the struggles of her people.

"That is a very noble wish Adenna. A Jedi uses the force to guard society. We respect all life forms." Dahar thought for a moment. "Slavery is wrong, I believe that. But be careful, my apprentice, that in your quest for justice you do not find yourself following the path of revenge. A Jedi controls his emotions, not the other way around. I sense anger in you at these slavers. Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. This is the path of the Dark Side."

Dahar did not suspect this in his padawan, her motives seemed true. He knew, however, that he must warn her. Even the best intentions can lead to the Dark Side of the Force.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

"If hate and suffering would lead me to the dark side, then I would have been Sith long before I came here," Adenna replied in a quiet tone. "Those slavers are the bottom of society, possibly even as low as Sith. The only reason why I would advocate them being imprisoned was so they could spend the rest of their lives in manual work to atone for the thousands and millions they and those like them sent to that fate. I know how to control my anger, I have been forced to do it every time I see one of them beating a slave or at the slave auctions. Losing control only means you get their attention and for someone like me, that was a very, very bad thing."

Concluding that they wouldn't be dueling any more, Adenna put her lightsaber back onto her belt. She wiped her forehead with a sleeve and sighed at the mess her robes were in. Running through the forest dodging branches and lightsabers was not a good way to maintain robes. She would need to see about acquiring more of her favorite blue robes. The single set she had usually didn't last very long before she had to switch back to the dull brown and tan ones.

Dahar seemed more concerned than normal, but she didn't understand why. The slavers were something she had dealt with all of her life. It wasn't until she escaped to Gala that she began to see just how profoundly they influenced her. She had lived a stunted, sheltered, terrified life and there were billions around the Galaxy that had to suffer the same. She had become a Jedi so she could do something about that injustice. She didn't care about retribution, there was nothing she could do to those beings to make up for what they did. She did want them to receive justice, be that the hot burn of a blaster bolt, the cool kiss of a lightsaber, or a very long time locked in a tiny cell. Better, she would like to see them work to benefit the society they once terrorized, as long as a secure means could be developed.

Adenna was normally cool and quiet. If there was ever a subject that would get her fired up it was slavery. If she could, she would develop the rest of her life to hunting slavers down and bringing them to justice to make as big of a dent in the slaving market as possible. As a Jedi, she could handle things the hard way and be the hammer of justice. She couldn't do it alone, but she didn't quite know who to enlist as allies. Nobody would take a poor girl from a backwater Outer Rim planet seriously, but they just might listen to a Jedi Knight, especially if she could get the support of some of the Masters.

As soon as the war was over and peace settled, she would see what she could do to enlist help in returning to Thalassia and purging it of slavery. She needed official support, ships, soldiers, and hopefully other Jedi to do it. There were just too many slavers for a single Jedi or even a pair to handle. They had frigates and fighters in addition to thousands of grunts and soldiers. Adenna had no illusions of leadership, she didn't care who led the group as long as the task was completed. If it was a Republic officer, a government agent, a Jedi, or even an Imperial soldier, she would fight along side them and follow whoever's orders as long as the job was done. That was her goal, that was what she felt called to do.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca began his very slow journey through the forest to the Temple within. He found it very relaxing being within the forest as it did remind him a bit of home. However, home for him had long since been destroyed. Kashyyyk itself hadn't, but the very area of which he grew up had been. It was 'purged' by the Empire some odd years ago and the population back home never re-populated it. So, by some point of view, his home had been destroyed. It wasn't really his home though. He had spent most of his years on Coruscant within that original temple that was there before the many changing of hands. But even then, his homes had always been destroyed at one point, so he tended to not claim anything as his home these days, as he just lived wherever he is.

Walking out of the forest, he found the Temple sitting in the morning light. It was a very beautiful sight to see. The very fact that is was built within a mountain made it even more beautiful. Finding the small entrance at the bottom, which is the main focus entry point of the Jedi Temple for the Jedi Order, at least with those whom are members of the Order. The other entry point is on top the mountain, and it was a very difficult entry that one had to be trained in the Force to land.

Entering, the inner part of the Temple was nothing like the outside. Very warm and welcoming with rich marble floors and smooth walls of the inner mountain. Kirlocca found himself very relax within. Slowly making his way through the temple, he found that his very connection with the Force seemed to grow stronger as the Light Side of the Force flowed very easily within the temple. Slowly making his way towards his own quarters, where he would spend some time in mediation until the Jedi Council arrive. Until then, it seemed as if he was really the only one within the actual temple as almost every Jedi was out in the forest enjoying the beauty of the world around them. Arriving at his quarters, he sat down and began to meditate.

The Cabur rocketed through the system, the two adults on board responding to a call that had now been felt for some time by the two Jedi. It transmitted it's request for clearance to the city of Ashla, because they'd been unable to raise the temple proper. As they waited for their clearance, Xae watched the spinning planet, noting that there was a dense forest surrounding the city, sensing that that was where the Force's pull was coming from.

She nodded to Trushaun, confident in her Padawan's ability to pilot the ship safely into their designated berth, and as they landed, Xae felt renewed by the connection to the Force. She left her apprentice to see to the docking and went to the ship's living quarters to ensure that her niece would be ready for the journey ahead. She had a feeling that they would be hoofing it.

The five-year-old was playing happily with R2D6, and much to the fastidious droid's consternation he was once again decorated with the markings of the child, though these were more advanced than the last set she'd presented him with three years ago during their first journey together. The girl had spoken little during the passing from Concord Dawn to Tython, but Xae remembered that she'd been much the same at that age and wasn't worried about the child's ability to adapt to life among the Jedi Order. She was getting old enough that to leave her to her own devices among non-Force users was not advisable. Xae wanted to be there, to a degree, to give her charge proper guidance as she explored her Force abilities. That and she would now be around others her own age that shared her gifts, and would have some of the best teachers that the galaxy had to offer. Xae was confident that she was doing the right thing by bringing her to Tython.

"Pack up your things, Ineira," Xae said, kneeling next to her. "We've got a bit of a journey ahead and I don't know when we'll be returning to the Cabur. We'll be going into the forest."

The child nodded once, and began to put away her art set, and pack her bags. Xae returned to her room and did the same.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

As Xae went back to Ineira, the very new pilot stepped outside. She was home again at the Forest. She smiled. Losing herself in the swell of life she closed her eyes. There was something she felt she had to do...Exercise her old technique. Walking over to the forest edge she found a sapling, a Crattegus Tree to be exact. She clutched the tree in one hand and concentrated. She felt it bond with her. Trying to open her eyes, she failed. Now scared, she felt the tree talk to her. It was actually TALKING to her. It was mostly gibberish, but some words were along the lines of hurt, danger, distaste.

Not making any sense of it, she tried to open her eyes or even pull her arm away, it did not work. Scared even more the tree spoke once more. "I trust you, use these when you are in danger." Clear as day, and sounding like a concerned father, the tree shook. Once again Trushaun tried to open her eyes, this time it worked, pulling her hand off the tree she looked around. There were seeds on the ground. Curious, as those weren't there before. Avoiding the sharp thorns, she knelt down andpicked the seeds up and placed them into a little leather bag she had.

"Be careful, young Jedi." It whispered again. Trushaun backed away, curious and still a little scared. She glanced at the seeds, they looked normal. She went back over to the grass and sat down. Focusing more on her breathing she relaxed, and soon got her breathing under control.

Trushauncopy3.png

The brightness of the the planet below, more specifically the forest location near the city that they were landing. It was bright to be sure, but not blinding to the young Miraluka as she watched the planet's surface draw nearer from her seat in the cockpit as her Jedi teacher brought them in for their docking procedures.

"We're headed to that forest, aren't we?" she said pointing at the glowing spot in the landscape.

Her mind was whirling at the possibilities of what she was going to be learning during her time on the planet. This is where her teacher's companion, Tyue had come from. This was where the rest of the Jedi were.

Over the course of their trip from Gala, she'd grown accustomed to Tyue's playfulness, and had quite enjoyed wrestling with him when her teacher hadn't been looking. Roene had also done his best to explain to her why writing was such a necessary endeavor, one that she'd countered with her own incredibility accurate memory recall to dispute her need to write things down. Still, she would learn if only to please her Jedi teacher. If it was a requirement of being a Jedi, then it was something that she would have to accept, even if she would be happier spending the time learning to do the water trick he'd been working on when they'd first met.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Roene had taken notice of Elnia's adaptation to his companion and figured it would be soon time to find her own. After all, it was a boon to naturalists in their commune with the world around them. She didn't have to though and it would ultimately be her choice should she decide to, but it was a definite possibility.

Roene was bemused, to say the least, at Elnia's lack of interest in writing. It is an archaic practice true, but sometimes it helps to document things. It helps to express notions about one's self and their feelings; it helps to document feelings in general and to store personal observations for later examination as well as histories of knowledge to rally toward in search of past and present truths.

There was eagerness in his padawan that he couldn't ignore though and it was the eagerness that seemed ever present in younger individuals like him. She just wants to dive in head first. She wants to know, she wants to understand... She wants to 'see', but to run before you can crawl is overwhelming. I should help her to see the importance of foundation and then work from there. We can work on writing and reading later.

Lost in thought, Roene almost forgot to answer his padawan's earlier question. He waited a moment for Tyue to finish a scrap of meat and join them on the docking platform though, before responding.

"Why yes, the temple is on the other side of the forest so we will be heading in that direction. After we check in though we will probably be resting and training in that very same forest for quite some time. I wouldn't say I know it like the back of my hand, but its presence is very comforting to me and I know it well." Roene replied, stepping out of the shuttle and feeling the heart of the forest from the landing pad.

”œAlright,”

NvFYuwm.png

Dahar could sense that this particular issue was an important one to his apprentice. Although there was clear emotion behind her words they were not those of personal triumph or vengeance. Adenna's emotion was a love for justice, compassion for those who could not help themselves.

"Very well Adenna, I have faith in your intentions and character. Through your training you have grown from a scared half-starved girl into a strong determined woman. You have my blessings to follow whatever path you choose." Dahar knelt down to the ground and thought of his old Jedi Master. The Jedi scooped a handful of dirt from the ground and looked at intently. A worm popped up and dug back down. "All come from dust, and to dust all return. Never forget Adenna, we are all connected through the living Force. Even the greatest Jedi Master will someday return to the Force the same as this worm. It is all part of the balance." He dropped the dirt and wiped his hand on his legs. Standing he spoke again.

"I have taught you as much of the Force as I know. The rest you will discover on your own. A Jedi's training is only complete at the time of death, but your time with me is finished." Dahar gave a small smile. He was quite happy with the Jedi Adenna had become.

"I will contact the council to arrange your trials. In the meantime let the Force guide you in your constant quest for self improvement."

Adenna wasn't entirely sure how to feel about what Dahar said. She knew she had learned a good deal about the Force, but she wasn't sure she knew enough. There were many abilities she wanted to learn and master. He did say that she would continue to learn, so maybe he thought she would be able to do that better as a Knight.

On their way back to the Temple, she didn't say much. She had a lot to contemplate and consider and a lot of work to do. She had her lightsaber, but she didn't have much other gear. She needed to put together a kit for herself if she were going to be operating out in the field. Most all of the other Jedi had various things they took with them, she needed that as well. She also needed to learn how to pilot.

The first thing she needed to do when they got back was to clean up and get a new set of robes. She wanted to then stop by the supply room and see if there was anything she wanted. Plus, she needed to see about getting more of her favorite blue robes so she didn't just have one.

She would get to work on that as she waited for summons from either Dahar or a Master to begin her trials.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca could only stare blankly at the wall before him. Meditation was something that always came easy to him except on a few occasions. This happened to be one of them. It drove his mind wild as he tried to figure out why it wouldn't come. As he rattled his mind for an answer, all he could do was sit and stare at the wall as none came to his mind. Growing tired of attempting to try to mediate, he stood up and walked out of his quarters and into the Temple. It wasn't all that bad walking around, as there was so much for him to discover, as thew Temple itself was larger then Gala, yet ten times more isolated then the one on Gala.

As he walked, he lifted his paw and allowed for it to run along side of the smoothed out wall from the mountain. As he did, a certain rest and peace flowed from the wall into his body. He knew it was apart of the design that Kitt had envisioned for it, as the Light Side of the Force was echoed very strongly throughout the whole Temple. Yet even as he did so, it still was a good surprise.

Reaching out through the Force, he could feel a few more Jedi presences within the Temple. One of which had had got to know very well over the past few weeks. Adenna. She was a fine young Jedi, and Kirlocca knew little of her master, except that he was one whom strongly supported Kitt in his choice to go in neutral. A Jedi like that was the backbone of the Order, and one whom deserved recognition when deserved for it. He was half curious as to whether or not he should seek them out, but something in the Force whispered to him, having him instead go to a larger training room and wait for them. They would come to him.

Adenna had spent the time after Dahar's announcement in constant motion. There was a lot for her to do and she wanted to be ready when the time came for her Trials. The first thing she did after cleaning up and putting on her dull brown robes was to visit the supply rooms and acquire for herself some gear. The people there, a mixture of non-Force using staff and droids were helpful, but also busy sorting out supplies and weapons from the Gala Temple and putting them in their proper locations.

Despite that, a droid was able to help her locate some things. With a hand subconsciously touching her side where the scar still existed from her blaster wound on the Death Star, she first picked out a medkit with extra bacta spray. The last thing she wanted was to be in a fight somewhere and not be able to treat herself or a companion of injuries. It wasn't big, but it would enable someone to get to proper medical facilities alive.

The next thing she picked up was a better commlink. The one Dahar had given her was left on the Death Star in the mad scramble there and the one she replaced it with was simple. She wanted one with a far longer range and that was more durable. Even though commlinks were useless here near the Temple, they were a necessity elsewhere on missions. She selected one that allowed her to quickly store dozens of numbers and even access the Holonet if there was a terminal nearby. It was a little bigger than the other one, but it would be worth it.

She also grabbed a rebreather capable of allowing her to breathe through gas and water. The last thing she picked up was a stun blaster leftover from the stock the insertion team used on the Death Star. She wanted to have the range of a blaster pistol if needed, plus she would have to have a way to stun someone after disabling them when her lightsaber wasn't in its lethal mode. Adenna figured it may be odd to see Jedi roaming around with a blaster, but she figured that if they carried lightsabers, a simple blaster wasn't going to be any big deal. That and there were some Jedi who carried other weapons around.

After finishing her shopping spree, she swallowed hard and realized it was probably time to do something she dreaded. In the past few weeks, she had studied a little of the cloning process and even though she had not yet learned how to transfer her essence into a clone, she knew that time would come soon. When it came, she wanted to have a body ready, especially if she were to go on missions involving danger and combat.

With a sense of dread building in her stomach, she went the rarely traveled route to where the cloning chambers were. Few came down here and, at least to Adenna, it seemed like the place was cold, dark, sterile, and lonely. There, surrounded by various medical equipment, growing vats, and even partially matured clones, she went up to a droid and said, "I need to prepare a clone."

The droid ushered her to a reclining chair where, for the next several minutes, it took various scans and tissue samples from which to grow and prepare a body. Adenna was not exactly comfortable with the process, but she realized its usefulness so she bore with it. When the droid was done and she felt like she was full of more holes than when she had been shot, she quickly readjusted her brown robes and left the cloning center.

With that done, she grabbed something to eat and replenish the energy lost dueling and running through the forest. A few other Jedi were eating, but it wasn't a normal meal time so it wasn't very full. She nodded or waved at a few of the more familiar faces, but didn't talk to them. After eating a small meal, she decided to head to the training rooms and practice her lightsaber forms. She wanted to be as sharp as possible for whatever the Masters were going to throw at her.

She entered the training room and saw a few others there minding their business doing their own work. Near the center was the imposing form of Master Kirlocca. Wondering if she could possibly spar with the master duelist, she approached him and said cheerfully, "Hello Master Kirlocca, would you be available to spar a bit? Teacher Dahar and I have fallen into patterns and it would help to spar against someone whom I am not as familiar with."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Dahar's time with Adenna was complete. He could sense that her trials had begun and hoped that she would remember all he had taught her. She was Dahar's first apprentice and a testament to his service to the Force. To truly master something one must be able to teach it to another. If Adenna passes her trials then Dahar will have succeeded in that aspect and grow one step closer to mastery of the Force.

Dahar had grown to love Adenna as a dear friend and sister. He respected her as a Jedi and put serious thought into supporting her anti-slavery missions. The Jedi Knight had much on his mind and knew he needed a retreat.

He headed out into the woods with only his garments and lightsaber. Deep in the forest he found a small waterfall. It was a tranquil place that truly touched the force essence of the planet. Dahar sat down and slipped into meditation.

Hours turned to days and days to weeks as Dahar meditated without leaving that spot and allowed the Force to sustain him. Aside from the Force, Dahar's body was his strongest ally and was becoming truly connected with the ebbs and flows of the very living Force. He was becoming able to beckon the Force at will and use it to sustain himself and drive his motions. He knew that deep inside every breathe brought the very living Force into him, and with each exhale he released a part of himself into the essence of the universe. He was becoming able to constantly feel the Force around himself. To hear it's never ending whispers and see things the eye cannot.

Elnia did her best not to be distracted by the sights and the sounds of the bustling city, or to loose track of Roene or his Force trail as she followed him through the city. It was a good thing that the Jedi tended to glow more brightly than non-Force users. It was loud, as the spaceport had been when she'd been loaded in her crate and shipped out, luckily landing on the steps of the Jedi Order. It made her nervous, but she could feel the sense of peace coming from her teacher, and she knew that she shouldn't be worrying.

He led her to the forest's edge, but instead of entering the arboreal maze, he instead ventured to the left and she curiously followed, anxious to see what he was planning. She was not disappointed with the natural beauty that their brief trek had led them to and it was nice not to be around the spaceport and city any longer. She felt freer for a moment as she walked slowly, taking in the sun shine and feeling the soft blades of grass beneath her bare feet. She didn't care why he'd brought her here, it was nice just to be for a little while.

When he went over to the water's edge and took a few moments to attune himself to the life around him, she was happy to follow suit as he requested, but chose to also immerse her feet in the cool water. The instant the cool liquid caressed her bare flesh, she felt connected with it as though she were a part of the water system. The Miraluka breathed deeply, as she felt her own thoughts become relaxed and fluid much like the crystal clear water. It was wonderful, and in a way she felt renewed.

Roene's instruction broke through to her, but she was surprised that the vocal intrusion wasn't disruptive in the least. She listened carefully as he recounted the task she was to accomplish and nodded, still feeling very much in tune with the water's clean embrace.

When he adjusted his position, she remained with just her feet in the water, but followed along with his instructions. When he said breathe, she breathed deeply, filling her lungs with the sweet air and life around them. She surrendered to the feeling of life and connectivity that each breath brought her, felling more and more complete with each intake and exhalation. In this, she found that her sight wasn't quite lost to her, but instead had shifted into a spectrum that she'd never before experienced. Pale blue and glistening the water beckoned to her, invitingly.

She leaned forward and dipped her hands into the lighted stream and watched as the rippling trails shifted and coalesced at the movement. She could feel the energy that her teacher was talking about and she brought it to her as instructed.

In her own way she could sense the slippery and fleeting energies in the water as she withdrew her hand, and instead began to envision a set of hands she could see through her Force-sight and followed her teacher's instructions as his energy bolstered hers. Giving herself over fully to the energies around her, she instinctively worked with the natural ebbs and flow of the crystal-clear water and her teacher's subtle guidance through the Force.

For a few moments she was able to beckon the Force into a sphere, encapsulating the water for a few moments before she felt Roene pull away and the liquid splashed back down into the pond.

She opened her eyes and regarded the water for a few moments before she took a few deep breaths and closed her enshrouded eyes before beginning the process again, this time solely on her own power.

She easily fell back into the welcoming energy of the natural world around her, but focusing on bringing that energy to bear on the task at hand took more than a little concentration on her part.

The young girl, determined to succeed, breathed deeply as she relaxed, allowing her own body to mimic the fluidity of the element she was working with. Relaxation, she quickly realized was the key. It wasn't something that she could force and bend to her will through stubbornness. She needed to be as the water was in order to fully understand how it would respond and to be able to coach those responses to her desired outcome.

It took her a several of tries before she was able to recreate the perfectly spherical orb of floating water and hold it for more than a few seconds, but once she finally figured it out a wide smile crossed her face as she moved it about and finally lowered it back into the water, fully in control.

The exertion left her drained but happy and satisfied with her accomplishment. The teen stretched out on the grass, relaxing. She wasn't even aware that Tyue was now licking at her toes once more.

((Was that the beef you required? Sorry this took so long. I've had some other projects that have been keeping me pretty busy.))

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Dahar awoke from his meditation deep in the forest. He felt at one with the Force and completely refreshed. In ridding his body of all outside nourishment he was able to be washed clean by the waves of the Force. He headed back to the temple to gradually readjust his body to food. The cafeteria was a welcome sight as the Jedi helped himself to some juice. Going without food or drink made him appreciate the small joys of taste and smell.

Back at the temple Dahar allowed the Force to guide his training. He had enjoyed his time teaching Adenna but was glad that he would now be able to devote himself to some hardcore solo training. Dahar spent a lot of time in the sparring arena against the highest caliber droids and some of the toughest fighting simulations. He pitted himself against simulations of fallen Sith Lords. The Jedi Knight spent most of this time working on Combat Form IV. It wan an aggressive style that made use of the wielder's physical attributes. It also came in handy against those who used the Dark Side of the Force. Dahar knew that when all attempts at peace failed you needed to fight fire with fire. He was also aware that the more aggressive of a fighter he was the thinner the line separating the Light from the Dark. It was with careful and constant connection to the Force that he was able to, over time, excel greatly in the Way of the Hawk-Bat and at the same time stay true to the ways of the Jedi.

Dean let out a soft sigh and watched the air exhaling from his mouth turned to mist before his eyes. Even without the visual evidence he could tell it was cold, the tattered Jedi robes that covered his body did little to keep in warmth and protect him against the cold. What made it worse; the cold chains around his wrists kept him tight to the floor and on his knees. Each time he strained to move they grew just a shade tighter. He could feel the cold metal pulling at the hair on his arms and pinching he skin between its links.

”œNot very comfortable is it?”¦..Jedi!”

reilly1.jpg

Gavin and his apprentice arrived on the planet of Tython aboard a Jedi shuttle carrying supplies. They had been the last two Jedi to leave the temple on Gala and would probably be the last of the Jedi to respond to the call that the Grandmaster had issued. The temple that had been built on the planet was a long trek through the forest away and Gavin was actually looking forward to it. During his journey through the Jedi archives on Gala he had discovered a possible way to cure himself of the dark side taint that he had been plagued with since his showdown with Ryu on Bespin and he now had the time to think about possible ways to go about learning the necessary skills.

His apprentice gave Gavin a look that told him all he needed to know. He would journey into the forest by himself to be more in tune with the natural Force around him. It would be his final preparation before taking his trials. Gavin simply nodded and began his own journey into green abyss.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

A lone E-wing emerged from hyperspace over Tython, still bearing a New Republic transponder signal. Not that it mattered, as the Jedi Temple was so hidden it didn't matter what showed up in orbit. Aboard was Jedi Master Onderin Starlisk, and he was responding to not only the call he'd felt in the Force, but the direct invitation of the Grand Master to attend this meeting of all the Jedi. He had an open mental approach to the proceedings--he was willing now to simply listen and follow orders, for it was tremendously simple and that's what he wanted now--but also, now that he was comitting himself to the Order, he was determined to make sure it did not take a direction inconsistent with the will of the Force, and thus was willing to speak his mind.

The one-time starfighter combat pilot set his E-wing down in the city of Ashla, mindful of the Force as it directed him toward the Temple on foot. It was actually a long trek, and Onderin took with him one of the flight meals from the snubfighter as he set out. Otherwise, all he needed was his lightsaber and the few odds and ends he carried on his person--liquid cable and a bit of synthflesh and the like.

Presently he entered the forest and immediately opened himself fully to the Force, setting out on a hike that would be reflective and maybe by the time he got to the Temple, he'd have a vision about the future of the Order in this time of peace.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Kitt's StarSword blasted out of hyperspace above Tython. The sight wasn't something new to the Jedi Master, but it was still worth observing. As he did, he allowed himself a brief moment of opening himself up to the Force. As he did, he was able to feel the Jedi on the surface below, as well as those still far off in space. And for about the fifth time since taking the Grandmaster role, he questioned his leadership abilities. Am I doing the right thing? There was no real way to know, and the Force wouldn't show him either way. Sensing Marcus still in space, he opened a channel to him.

"Reilly, I'm angling in right behind you. Follow me in to Ashla. From there, we can make our trek to the Jedi Temple."

Kitt quickly took the yoke and angled himself in towards Ashla. It would be a short entry, but a longer walk if he remember correctly. Once he was down on the surface, he knew that his mind would be overloaded with question, both ones that he asks himself, as well as those that other Jedi ask him on his way in. This would be a long journey for him.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

((Ah, didn't mean to take this long to post.))

Kirlocca was merely sitting on the floor when Adenna approached him. He offered her up a smile, as she was still young and didn't understand the way the Force works things out. It was a breath of fresh air to have young Jedi still not fully knowing of it's beauty. It helped keep things in perspective for him. Standing up, he gave her a short bow.

<< I will be more then happy to help train you in lightsaber combat. I am somewhat of a master in the art, or so a lot of other Jedi say. >>

Kirlocca withdrew his own lightsaber from his belt and stood waiting for Adenna to prepare herself for the future spar.

Dashel sat on a nearby piece of rubble while the teens woke from the burst of energy he had created with the force. The ward of his friend and wife woke first, gathered her wits, and looked at him with eyes that spoke volumes. He reached out through the force and found her to be calm and untainted by any guilt. He blinked for a moment, trying to figure out what that mean.

The others got up on their own. One or two reached for a weapon once they saw him sitting there. It took very little effort for him to demonstrate the error of those thoughts. More than one looked rebellious afterward, but he ignored the normal teen posturing.

It was the one whom he had seen attempting to guide the group that got his attention. The boy felt far more mature than anyone had a right to be at their age.

Dashel decided that maturity was not what the young man was projecting. Further reflection helped him understand what was going on. The young man was desperate, trying to hold onto something while maintaining an image of strength and masculinity.

Dashel motioned for the group to be seated in a semi-circle before him. He waited for them to get settled. It was not hard to read the puzzlement on their faces. They had obviously expected a far different reaction.

He pointed to each one in turn and asked why. Invariably, they all pointed to the one which Dashel had earlier sensed as hiding something.

Dashel waited for the young man to speak. When he did, Dashel's suspicians were quickly confirmed. Some might have said too quickly, but were Jedi were confirmed, many in the galaxy had learned that honesty was far easier.

"Master Jedi, I um, owe some money and they said if I got some artifacts they would let me make payments later."

Dashel turned to Verced's ward, sensing something interesting. "You knew this didn't you?"

She paused a moment, looking every bit the survivor she had so recently been. Something changed in that moment, and Dashel knew that she would someday be a completely changed person.

That was the future, but there was something that needed to be attended to now.

"Jedi Dashel," she said, "I did and thought I could help him out. But then the artifacts we started finding out turned out to be more than what we had expected."

"Precisely," Dashel thought, "why we posted all the warnings concerning the various archeological sites."

She continued with a simple shrug of her shoulders. "Giving those artifacts over to the local talent seemed especially dangerous, especially those that contain verbal records from the Jedi past."

Dashel gazed levelly at her as if attempting to read her mind. He was tempted, but thought better of it quickly. The force provided information, using to wrench information from a mind without permission was not a good thing to do. She seemed to quail for a moment then returned his gaze, meeting his stare with a small toss of her hair and straightened shoulders.

He took a moment to decide before going on. A quick turn towards the leader of the group and he said, "You and I will turn all the information to the local police force. This 'local talent' needs to be informed that they are now under the scrutiny of law enforcement and the Jedi."

A quick smile in the direction of the almost relaxed young man. "Oh yeah, we will need to let them know they can pick up the balance from my droids off my ship."

Dashel smiled at the reaction such people were likely to receive from Kala should they attempt to try anything. He waved to the students and said, "Now go and stay out of this area. You have not yet been harmed, but not all artifacts from the Jedi past are harmless."

He picked a com device from his pocket and asked, "Did you get that?"

Kala replied she had. Dashel added one further instruction to the prepping of the necessary credits. He did not want anyone tracking the payments nor did he want law enforcement to move in on the local talent. Instead, he wanted to know who they were so that should anyone else start something like this, he would know whom to ask."

He hopped back on his speeder and headed to the Verced's. It was a long walk to the temple and he felt it necessary to be there. With the place teeming with Jedi, he was sure that he might learn much of the outside world.

Xae and Ineira emerged from the Cabur with R2-D6 (once again brilliantly colored, courtesy of the five-year old) as several other Jedi ships touched down in, Xae sensing them through the force, though none she immediately recognized.

"Trushaun, thanks for your patience," Xae said, her hand resting lightly on the young girls head as she guided the youngling from the ship. R2 warbled and bleeped as he encoded the ship's security systems, though as quiet as the port was, Xae doubted the measures were totally necessary, but still, old habits died hard.

She watched a man disembark his own ship, and she watched him curiously for a few moments as he made his way in to the forest, heeding the same call that she was. She could feel that he held a great presence in the Force, likely a master.

Curious, though that he carries himself as a soldier more than a Jedi, she mused silently to herself.

She gently reached out with the force an acknowledged his presence out of deference and respect.

Others were landing to, in what she felt to be a gaggle of stragglers, likely coming from the peace talks or other Jedi business that had kept them from responding to the call initially.

One of them that was on approach, Xae recognized as the Starsword, Grandmaster Kitt's ship as it too, landed, along with a few others in the spaceport.

A curious thought struck Xae then. If we are being called to reunite, then why make the trek through the forest alone?

Ineira walked over to Trushaun and sat, as though sensing what her aunt was thinking and knowing that there was no point in wandering off, just yet.

Effortlessly Xae found her voice within the Force, taking with it a suggestion that those recently arrived venture forth together as they follow the call.

"It feels better to be back on solid land again, than out in space doesn't it Trushaun?"

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

After several jumps, my shuttle appeared over Tython. I was immediately struck by how beautiful the planet was from space. Because of how deep the planet was in the core, it looked like a floating blue-and-white gem in a field of millions of diamonds. I had never been this deep into the galactic core, and while I had known that everything would be densely packed in here, I hadn't imagined what it would look like.

My second impression was the really unique feeling it gave through the Force. I had done some research on the way here, and was surprised to discover that Tython was credited as the birthplace of the Jedi Order, way back in 25,783 BBY. It was crazy to think about. What would the galaxy had been like if our order hadn't started all those millenia ago?

My thoughts accompanied me down to the surface, and I landed in the city of Ashla. I saw an E-wing on the landing pad and knew my master had beaten me here. There were several other Jedi just landing. I grabbed my sling bag and lowered the ramp, stepping out into the air. The planet was heavily forested, and even here, the trees were beginning to encroach on the landing pad.

As I locked up the shuttle, I realized I had no idea where the new temple was. I reached out with the Force and got a general direction based on the unmistakeable presence a bunch of Jedi let off, but I wasn't necessarily sure if I should just start walking in that direction or what.

As I hesitated, I saw a group of three women disembark, one of an avian species I didn't recognize. I felt the shorter human woman reach out and suggest that everyone travel together. It gladdened me, and I gave a smile.

Hitching my bag up over my shoulder, I strode over to the group. "Hi. I'm Aira Cadan. Did you want to head to the temple together?"

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

There was no better time to think than when one was putting one foot in front of the other. Many times throughout his life, Onderin had taken a walk to reflect on the times, on any dilemmas that he was facing, or simply to seek a rejuvenating experience by opening himself to the Force. It was how he had decided to become a Jedi in the first place, leaving his post at CorSec which he'd only held for a few short years. Since then, through meditation and walks like this, he'd made important decisions such as taking padawans--one such meditation had saved the life of a homeless Coruscanti boy that had gone on to be the administrative head of the then-Rebel Alliance.

This time, Onderin was met with only peace, and in its own way, that spoke to him just as strongly as a vision. Peace could be the defining characteristic of the galaxy now, and he had no extremely-important, time-sensitive goal around which he needed to plan. He didn't need to take immediate action to save a critical life or deal a critical blow to the enemies of the Force's will--the dark siders that had consistently ruled the Empire. No, the war was over, and Onderin would change with the times.

Presently the Jedi Master emerged into a clearing and the Jedi Temple came into sight. It was already bustling with Jedi of varying rank and species. He could feel the Grand Master on the planet, still on the trek over from Ashla. There were a couple of familiar Force auras, like that of Master Kirlocca, but Onderin didn't spend nearly enough time among the Order to recognize the majority of them.

It was really a new phase of his life, he realized. But that day when he'd left CorSec, his goal had been to become a Jedi. And now, for the first time since being Knighted by Keiran Valoria, he would make that again his primary pursuit.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Gavin had noticed a few other beings landing around the same time that he had, but he originally paid them no mind, thinking that they were here for other reasons than he. Now he recognized them as Jedi due to the unmistakeable signatures that they exuded. He smiled when he heard one of them in the back of his mind suggesting that they all make the trek together. It would be good to get caught up with other members of the order again, having spent a vast majority of his time tied up with the Bespin incident or researching the repercussions of that mission. He felt that he had missed a connection with the rest of the Order, having never really created any lasting friendships. Perhaps now was the time to rectify that.

He meandered over to a group of women, identifying a particularly petite woman as the one who had invited him on this little adventure together. He gave a polite nod to each of them, walking up just in time to hear an introduction being made.

"Hi. I'm Aira Cadan. Did you want to head to the temple together?"

"While you're on the subjects of introductions, I'm Gavin Ryaro and I would be honored to join you if you don't mind the company."

In the back of his mind Gavin was the slightest bit worried. The taint that had been plaguing him had been docile since he had left Gala and he wondered if it would act up again during the journey. Though he wasn't embarrassed by his present flaw he hoped to make a good impression and lashing out with dark energy was certainly not the way to do that.

His mind wandered back to the first few moments after the conflict on Bespin had ended. He had spoken to his apprentice in a manner that was not only embarrassing, but also decidedly negative. He would have to make sure to control any outbursts that might occur during the journey.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Several days had passed since his arrival to the temple. As with most lead ups to important events, the time had been uneventful. The old Jedi had spent most of the time in meditation by himself. Since he wasn't officially a part of the order, it seemed wise to observe and meditate before participating. All the new faces alone were worth observing. After a while, Tares decided to travel out to explore the surrounding forest.

During his walk, Tares had contemplated the current state of things, both for himself and for the galaxy at large. The galaxy seemed to be on the verge of relative peace. The republic and empire were finding a way to coexist in a new government. The Sith and Jedi were attempting to coexist as well. In some ways, it was at a point where failure and success were on a scale that could tip at any moment. The main question was, which way would it tip?

Passing a grove of trees, Tares stopped for a moment to look at the bark. Despite growing up in the vast artificial canyons of Coruscant, he always had an affinity for nature. Pure, living things that had come into existence without the aid of technology or sentience. There was true power and wisdom in such feats. It was natural, and according to some philosophies, the way of the Force. Tares had long ago given up trying to explain the Force through strict philosophy, but there was something right about the notion of the natural.

Venturing out even further, Tares' attention shifted inward. Besides being a force user, and having a history as a Jedi, it was curious to him as to why he had felt the pull of the Force to Tython. His own role in the galaxy had been subdued for years. He hadn't taken action in any of the previous engagements or galactic adventures. He hadn't even been much of a force user as he had a quasi-businessman. Still, he was on the planet among the Jedi for some reason. Only time would reveal that reason.

Over the next few hours, Tares simply wondered through the forest while allowing the Force to guide him through safely. The time passed by until he found himself venturing out into a clearing mixed with buildings. He apparently had arrived back at Ashla. Deciding to make the most of his arrival, Tares found the nearest comm relay to download the latest, notable news. Within the few days he had been back, the peace negotiations/new government talks had wrapped up without much delay. It seemed elections were underway and the reorganization of military and civilian assets were progressing.

Finished with the news, Tares made his way over to the landing port as he sensed the arrival of several Jedi. Since his trek to Ashla had been solitary, it would be a good change to have some potential company. Once he arrived, he noticed several new arrivals, one of which being the Grandmaster himself.

Despite a brief comm exchange several months ago, briefly being a topic of conversation a few years back when Tares had sat on the Jedi council, and the usual public info/rumor that surrounded a Grandmaster, Tares had never physically met the Grandmaster before. Given the long journey back, the present seemed like a perfect time to catch up.

"Grandmaster Kitt, I'm glad to see you successfully arrived." Tares said as he approached the small group of gathering Jedi, "How were the peace talks?"

tares.jpg

As his TIE Defender orbited the lush forest world of Tython, Dean watched as Kitts Starsword burst from hyperspace. Quickly angling his own fighter towards the planet, the Jedi Apprentice was hot on the trail of the Jedi Grandmaster. Within moments the two had broken atmosphere and were landing in a large clearing in the forest. As the fighters landed, Dean climbed down from the cockpit of his Defender. As he took several steps to stretch his legs, he watched as several people began to emerge into the clearing. He knew they were all waiting on GrandMaster Kitt, just as he was.

OOC: Sorry it wasn't longer. Didn't feel he desire, but I didn't want to hold things up on my end.

reilly1.jpg

Training Rooms

Adenna took a few steps back and let her outer robes fall to the floor to give her more maneuverability. She then pulled her lightsaber off her belt and ignited it to produce its familiar orange blade. She double checked to make sure it was still in its stun style mode since the last thing she wanted to do was accidentally cut something off of a Jedi Councilmember and got into ready position. She trusted Kirlocca not to let his blade harm her in the extremely likely event that he found a hole in her defenses.

It took but a moment to sync herself with the Force and get a sense of those around her and her opponent. Very little came through from the Wookiee, but she expected that and instead focused her awareness on the lines of the Force connected to her where it was more likely she would sense the tingle of threat that indicated an attack. She ignored her instinct to keep to her normal Form III and its better defense, she knew better than to simply let Master Kirlocca take the initiative.

With careful consideration, she initiated a series of quick thrusts and jabs at Kirlocca that were designed not to defeat an opponent, but to break the ice and get a feel for who she was facingl.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt was slow to leave his fighter, as he felt a little tired after all his recent flying that he had been doing. As it was, he never fully had time to recover from the Death Star battle, which he was very glad was all over. Being greeted by Tares when he landed, Kitt offered him up a smile. He took a second to notice that others had gathered around the many landing ports of Ashla.

"The peace talks were for the most part good. I think the new government will be able to handle things on a level unlike others have. But with that said, I think it's high time the Jedi look at how we handle and operate within this galaxy."

Something told him that Tares would be a Jedi that would either flat out disagree with his ideas that he had or would flat out agree with them. A good reason to have in the room when such things would be decided. Looking over to Xae, Gavin, and Onderin, he found that this would be a good group to travel with to the Tython Temple. They would hep get a good conversation going, and hopefully one that would help him get a good idea of where the Jedi Order stood on matters that he would be deciding.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.