Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

Hou-Jo let out a sigh of relief once Kirlocca was out of earshot. He pulled the tape from the player and smashed it into a wall, breaking it. "Damon, and this is for everyone... he said he was lying to them. If he was broken down to that point to do that, how do we know that he's not, in fact, lying now? Kirlocca was... is a Jedi that withholds his morals and if there's anything I know about him is that he's honorable. I can't trust that he was lying to them and I don't trust him, at least not at the moment. I'm sorry that it came down to that and that you all had to find out. I ask that you don't tell anyone else what he did, as not to tarnish his reputation. Just let other Jedi know that Master Kirlocca is to be given distance. I don't want this incident with Amon Goeth getting out; but I don't want to take the chances of Kirlocca doing something to another Jedi."

Hou-Jo sat down and pulled his cloak over his head. "Can somebody please tell me what this whole 'Hou-Jo must step down' nonsense is all about?"

Kirlocca walked into the hanger bay, kicking a starfighter as he let out a really loud scream. The kick to the starfighter had sent it moving five feet. Kirlocca fell to his knees, holding onto the coil of the starfighter that he had kicked. He took in a deep breath and searched himself with the force.

...No...there was no dark side taint in my actions just now. It was the wookiee rage coming out...

Kirlocca stood up, only now noticing that he had damaged the coil of the starfighter. The wookiee walked away from it and began to look for a starfighter that would suit his needs.

Aryian's brow furrowed in concern. There was obviously something going on here below the surface, something Aryian wasn't meant to know about.

He stayed a moment after Kirlocca left, concentrating, gathering his thoughts. he began talking, at first to Hou-Jo, and then to nobody in particular as he began to have a minor epiphany on the nature of Jedi.

"No...you're wrong. I trust Kirlocca because of who I know he really is now. We've all done things in the past we're not proud of, it is our ability to overcome these things that allows us to call ourselves Jedi. I trust you because of your rank. I trust Kirlocca more, only because I have been through more with him. I also trust the Force, but that can be called more faith than trust. Faith is unbased belief in something, whereas trust is established through past experience. So you could say I have great faith in Kirlocca...and you'd be right."

He stood a second longer, still staring at the table in the council chamber, nodding to himself. He turned around, walking out of the council chambers, pausing once at the opening.

"The true question is whether or not we as an Order can have faith in the Order anymore, if such small matters are the cause of such a large commotion."

With that, he continued walking, making way to the courtyard.

EDIT: Bolded. Sorry for the confusion...

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

A brief flash of frustration at the situation inched its way in Brad's normally calm personality. They're called to gather at Haruun Kal, possibly attack the Sith on Cardia, and they leave before anything is resolved. The Jedi Knight took a quick deep breath and calmed himself down. There were still many Jedi still present in the council chambers, and the curious Brad decided to find out what course the Jedi would take.

"So, what is our course of action? Are we going to Cardia to fight the Sith, or are we not?"

WarrenEdit.jpg

Damon listened to the words that occurred. Those words hummed in his ear and perplexed Damon to an extent. He sensed no darkness with in any of the actions that have taken place. Still something was not right. Damon stood there staring into nothing. Everything in him told him to push further. Damon asked all other jedi to leave and wait outside. When all others were gone but Hou-Jo and Damon he spoke once more.

"I did not do what I did because I was talked into it by any one. I returned to Haruun-Kal after my own thoughts had lead to. This was before any other message was sent out to the order. I wanted to say something about Piccolo, but I trusted in the order. However when I returned and watched the recordings of the meeting between you and Piccolo as well your actions up till the point we began to come to you I knew you were not in the right state of mind to lead. I am a being of light in its purest form. I can feel the taint that still haunts you and how it is slowly becoming bigger and bigger. I am asking once more to step down and let the council lead with out a leader for now. Otherwise I will tell Master Talon who does know about me and will to listen me, Master Darkfire who is still here and will support me, Lady Ara who knows me and knows I act only in interest of the order, Master Starlisk who has seen me grow and knows I am right, and Master Amerina who has fought with me and will fight with me again. I may be a knight, but they know when something must be done. Now is the time to do so and prevent you from slipping further into the dark side."

Damon was standing tall. He had the look that would send most soldiers back into there heels. He would not be wavered nor could be told other wise. Hou-Jo needed to step down.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

"Damon, I do not doubt that you believe that what you're trying to do is right. Do you know about the terrible things that have happened on that planet? You're a little young perhaps to know the things that Darth Havoc had done, but I'm sure you're aware of what Darth Barabbas did to the Jedi on Cardia, the things he has done to us at our very bases. He ended some Jedi's lives permanetly due to his actions and some were able to be saved. Do you know the things that Kakuto Ryu, The Dark Lord of the Sith, has done? He crucified my brother on his warhammer and he has control over the deathtrap that is Cardia. Cardia is weak for the first time since the Empire and Sith based their operations there. As the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy the Jedi have a responsibility to ensure that further deaths and indecenies on life aren't committed there. I will contact Admiral Starlisk. I will ensure that he is at Cardia to neutralize any threat Black Sun will present. If you doubt my state of mind to lead in battle, then I may let Talon or Armeina lead the Jedi into battle instead, but we have to do this before it's too late. Everything I've done, for my entire life has been for the best interest of this Order, for this galaxy and the people in it. The woman I care deeply for is away and I had to hear from Kirana, not there for him personally, that Xen-Que became one with the Force. I have lost a lot for the Jedi and I would give him up again for peace in the galaxy because that's what he would have wanted. I can't betray those sacrifices. Not now. I picked this life a long time ago. It wasn't an easy challenge and it's been a hard life. Rest assured, Damon, I've been in the game longer than you, I know what I'm doing."

He pulled out a communicator and tried to make contact with Onderin.

Kirlocca got the starfighter ready for take off. As he left the jedi base and was above the planet, Kirlocca let Hou-jo know what he was doing, despite the fact that he would never hear it.

"ah ohahanan whooao rhwo orahananwowa ahwh scro canwowoak anahorwo rawh raahanahwhrr akwoao"

Kirlocca then blasted into hyperspace, making sure that he would not be followed.

Damon stood like rock, but he turned around and prepared to leave.

Before he left he did speak once more to Master Hou-Jo.

"You may have been here longer yes. I to however have seen horros caused by Ryu, Faust, and Trowa. My own existnce has brought forth a never ending stream of horror that never lets me sleep truely. From what you tell me though I hope you are not letting your judgement be clouded by your old memories. When Starlisk attempts to contact me for service tell him I am sitting this one out. I can not put myself fully into this battle. I will return however when I feel the time has come. Lead well Master Hou-Jo and may the force be with you."

Damon left that room knowing that the order would never be the same again. He quickly made way to his ship passing Master Darkfire and the master wookie who was looking for a ship. Once on board he headed back to Ossus.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

"They're faith in the Jedi seems to be failing, Hou-Jo. If more continue to act this way, leaving like children because they can't play nice with one another. If we continue this, we'll fall apart, either internally or with help from outside forces. Maybe you should step down after this battle, just as a temporary fix for the bigger problems. The band-aid might help before we can actually come together and solve these internal conflicts."

Brad felt he had given advice to the best of his ability to the Jedi Master. While the Jedi Knight knew little of the internal conflicts, he knew the dark side would come where the Jedi failed in their duty. It would not be a good situation for the entire galaxy if the Order fell apart. There would be no force strong enough to combat to Sith and other agents of the Dark Side. Dwelling on this issue now would get him nowhere, Brad decided, so he decided to check on Artoo.

Pulling out his comm and turning it on, Brad called his little droid. "Artoo, is the Dawn ready for battle?" The little droid beeped back his status, as well as the ships. "Well, that should be enough to handle most of the ship in battle, and we'll have a bridge crew if no one else decides to help us. Good work with finding that extra H9 in storage, and the skeleton crew." The droid beeped back a 'your welcome' in Droidspeak before Brad shut off his comlink and turned back to Hou-Jo.

"The Argent Dawn is ready for whatever you believe we'll need it for. Know that I stand behind you in this battle, Cardia must be nuetralized while it is weakened. We may never get this opportunity again. I'll be in my ship." With that, Brad turned and headed toward The Argent Dawn to take command of his vessel.

WarrenEdit.jpg

Hou-Jo's head lowered as Damon left the Council chamber, undoubtedly letting the others know he was done talking to him in private. "May the Force be with you, Damon."

Hou-Jo listened to what Brad had to say. "Perhaps your right, but that decision will have to come once we make it through this battle. I appreciate that you're confident in my abilities, but I want no more of this talk of the dark side, it's not good to dwell over."

Hou-Jo sat down after having talked with Damon and Brad and pulled out a personal communicator and tried to make contact with Rajah...

Aryian sent off two messages from his comm, the first directed at the current head of the Jedi Order, notifying of his battle readiness. Should war come, he was certainly ready to bring it, though his taste for battle had run rather dry.

The second was to Armiena Draygo, Jedi Master, and a little more than a close friend.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

As Scorpio awoke just before nightfall, he felt that the disturbance in the force had died down, and peace once again filled the force. He quietly made his way back to the base, jumping from ledge to ledge until he reached the other side. He thought to himself........

"I'm glad this rift in the ranks are over for now, and this offensive attack can happen."

He quickly walked back up to the base, watching Damon leave, and the wookie master leave as well. He watched a busy little droid put the finishing touches on a ship, and then he walked on. Finally he was at the base, where he wondered around to see what had happened while he was away. Everything seemed it's usual, but Scorpio found Master Poleb sitting in the Council chamber alone, with his hood over his head, almost as if he was down about something.

He walked up and bowed, not realizing he was trying to reach someone on his personnel communicator. Just as he was about to speak, he realized that he was interupting something and backed up where he could not hear the conversation if one took place. He silently stood there awaiting Master Poleb's "Okay" to come foreward and speak what was on his mind.

Black Sunday arrived caustiously into the system. Carefull to keep to a flight path that would easily allow him to escape until committed to the planet, he crept into the system with his passive systems on maximum and reaching out to the maximum of his ability in the force.

When nothing happened, he landed at the temple and entered into the landing bay to see Damon and Kirlocca leaving. Fully attuned to the force, the emotional storm roiling through the hangar casued him to pause and examine himself.

He took a moment, calmed himself down and walked into the foyer of the Jedi council. He bowed to a young page and had him announce him properly to Hou Jo.

As he waited, Dashel bowed his head and meditated on what it meant to be a Jedi and on what he had to lose by participating in the uncoming battle. He decided that he would not be part of the upcoming campaign, but that neither could he entirely he abandon his oaths as a jedi. Confusion reigned within his mind.

When the doors were finally opened to him, he entered to catch the last portion of Hou Jo's speach. Considering the number of of Jedi that had so far left the chamber, Dashel wandered what support the Jedi would lend to this campaign.

"Master Hou Jo, neither myself, my apprentices nor Knight Sunrider will lend our direct support to attacking Carida with Dark Sun support. They are safely away and are planning to stay away. As for myself, I will be with Admiral Starlisk to lend support to the operation if he will have me."

He left the chamber before Hou Jo could reply, the full weight of his decision ruffling the light fur around his neck. Somehow, he felt as if one part of him was abondoning the Jedi while yet another told hm the moral stand was the one to take."

Hou-Jo was still carrying a conversation with the comm unit. Rajah's replies were being transmitted on a sound frequency that none of the surrounding Jedi, save maybe Talon, could hear, and the mouthpiece sort of sucked in the sound coming from Hou-Jo, effectively keeping the conversation private. He moved the comm from his mouth momentarily, realizing that Kautra was still waiting on him. "Yes, sorry Kautra, what do you need?"

Talon watched passively as the events in the council room unfolded. Inwardly, he could not suppress a laugh or two. Outwardly, his face was set in stone. He was not quite sure what Kirlocca, Aryian, Damon, and the others were hoping to accomplish with this little show. But he did know that he did not always know everything. Apparently he had been gone longer than he thought, and he felt it would be best for him to remain neutral in the conflict. Of course, he would see to it that there would be no ”˜aggressive negotiations'. Something very big was going on, and the last thing the Jedi needed was a divided front.

Luckily, it never quite came to that. Kirlocca got angry with himself and stormed off. Without him, the rest kind of seemed to lose heart in the matter. When all had left, Talon turned back to Hou-Jo. Now that the tension in the room had died down, the Jedi Master was not afraid to voice his concerns.

”œHou-Jo, I traded myself in for Kirlocca, because I believed in him. It's true, I saw the same tapes you did. Faust showed them to me. But you have to realize that when he said that, he had already been through hours and hours and hours of torture. A mind is not itself under those circumstances. You'll say whatever you can, just to make the pain go away. Do with Kirlocca as you best see fit, but I still have faith in him.”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

A Lictor Class Dungeon ship emerged from space. A massive transport ship touched down on the surface. Piccolo emerged in his large brown cloak and hood. He stalked toward the Jedi base, comming its residents.

"Master Hou-Jo, we are prepared. Are your warriors ready?"

Hou-Jo sent a message to the Jedi he contacted earlier with a priority signal alerting that the Jedi were now on high alert and in the event of communications being severed from Haruun Kal to report for battle immediately. He sent a corresponding message to the Republic fleet requesting their immediate presence. Piccolo having sent two messages before leaving his ship raised a red flag and Hou-Jo quickly felt a disturbance in the Force once he declined to fight.

"Wait, Piccolo. Mind telling me what you're going to do now?"

finaly beung recognized, Kautra gave a quick bow to master poleb. This was the first time he had been infront of a master since he eft his own.

"Master, my apprentice has completed his training with astonishing ability, and I feel that it is time that he be knighted." Kautra was nervous because he had not done this before, and was not sure if he was following the procedure right. "With the councils permission I would like to administer the final test to knight him."

Kautra thought back to his test, and wheather it was the right one, but he said nothing. He just waited for a responce from Master Poleb.

((Sorry this kinda sucks, but Im in a hurry.))

"Computer, activate process code DA100. All hostile craft are to be eliminated with orbital defenses. No ships without friendly markings are to be allowed inside the parameter. All Jedi, prepare for battle. Kautra, if your padawan survives this impending battle than you may Knight him with my blessing."

Hou-Jo activated his purple lightsaber and began to pool his vapaad skills. He was not a Jedi that could easily be fooled. The doors on the temple sealed shut, preparing for a bombardment on the temple.

From within the belly of the ship, a beast awoke. His ire was brought to life and his prowess on the field was not overlooked. He was a gifted Warrior, a relentless combatant, and a monster that walked among men, calling them his brethren as he continued with his masquerade. Now was his time, it was his day”¦and a glorious day it would be.

The pinprick void in the force began in his gut, but exploded outward with a fury only the raging storms of Kamino could dare hope to match. It washed much of the transport and the area surrounding it. It was a gift that Duo had acquired from a God and it was not one he would use lightly, but it was called for on this day when he would face the hypocrites, the fanatics, and the lunatics.

A distant rumble could be heard by those outside of the ship. It was fast approaching the exits of the transport, including the hatch Piccolo had entered threw not one minute ago. The hatch burst open as the wave of Duo's special ability washed over the Jedi Master. Two Juggernauts in their modified Katarn Mark II armor opened up with their assault cannons.

Multiple Blaster shots erupted from them, much like a shotgun. The five foot five, braided Warrior stepped up between the large units with his Golden Desert eagle, leveling it at the Jedi and preparing to fire at him if he decided to chance charging the trio without the aid of his sorcery. The Juggernauts on the other hand kept pumping blast after blast at him as they and the Raptor units flooded out of the transports main exit.

Anyone caught outside of the temple was instantly targeted as the units began to form a perimeter and begin the assault on the Jedi Temple. Their time was limited and soon they would realize just how limited it was.

Before Jedi Knight Brad Warren receieved the warning from Hou-Jo, The Argent Dawn was placed on high alert because a disturbence the Jedi felt in the Force. The previously lowered boarding ramp was now closed, and when Black Sun launched their attack, The Dawn was ready to escape. After switching his comlink to the ship's frequency, Brad began to adress the crew his droid had rounded up.

"Attention crew members of The Argent Dawn, this is Captain Warren. Report to your battle stations. This is not a drill. Black Sun has attacked Haruun Kal, and we will escape for the moment. Get my sheilds up and my four H9 dual turbolasers running as well. We'll break through the blockade one way or another."

With that, Brad turned off his comlink and turned to his droid, R2-T2, next to him on the bridge. "Monitor communications Artoo. Anything from the traitors is high priority and bring anything up when you get it." The droid beeped a 'affirmative' in Droidspeak and Brad fired up the ships turbolasers.

The large corvette blasted into action, shooting forth from the hanger at non-authorized speeds. This ship would have no trouble dealing with the transport ship, should it decide to follow, and would be able to take quite a few hits from starfighters. Luckily, Black Sun's capital ships were out of range to hit the ship since it was in the atmosphere.

Activating the sublight engines to aid the repulsorlifts, Brad managed to squeeze some extra speed from the Dawn, enough to give him a decent head start. He had to shut it down quickly so he wouldn't overheat anything. The ship quickly made it to the opposite side of the planet and out the atmosphere. After a quick pull-release action of the hyperdrive manual control, The Argent Dawn was outside the Haruun Kal system and plotting its next course.

The ship made slight adjustments, and shot off towards its next destination.

WarrenEdit.jpg

Hou-Jo turned from the fire and ran away from Duo, unable to feel the Force, serpentining from the fire until he could feel the Force again. He jumped into the air and threw a flash grenade at Duo, blinding him for a short time. Hou-Jo deactivated his lightsaber and hid behind a pillar so that Duo could not see him. Hou-Jo meditated and pulled out a remote to activate another defense code, process DB100, activating the anti personnel turrets inside the panels of the temple, shooting at Duo as they were able to rotate and move to hit him as he evaded, though at least one shot made contact as turrets inside the temple undoubtedly threw him off guard.

The turrets outside began to fire at the juggernauts and rotated around the temple to avoid counter fire, doing at least some damage to them.

The Black Sun Fleet burst out of hyperspace above the lone planet of Huuran Kal. Jacen instantly burst into action. He ordered the fleet into the positions previously ordered by Piccolo. Though he was not force sensitive, he could feel the Jedi presence on the planet.

He ordered the Force Harvester activated, then headed towards the hangar bay, Kal in tow. He heard rather than saw the Force Harvester power up, eliminating the Force from the planet below and the space around it.

Captain Jasbak, a Mon Calamari captain watched as the planet below was thrown into mass chaos. He smiled as much as a Mon Calamari could. The plans were unfolding perfectly.

pJzctEZ.png

As soon as Hou-Jo Poleb ignited his lightsaber, Kautra pull his out and commanded that his apprentice to do the same. He felt a strng pressance on the planet, one that he had not felt before, but so many people had come and gone that the force was in a dissaray.

Kautra orange saber iginited with a blaze of glory, and was followed by the light blue of his apprentices newly created one. "Your skills will be put to the test right now my young apprentice, lets hope that you learned something from all that I have taught you." Just as he said that he felt the force being drained from him. Kautra became dizzy, for it had been years since his connection with the force was lost to him.

Kautra looked to his apprentice, for he knew not how Hartel would react with this loss. Hartel was standing at ease, and looked as if nothing had hapened. His training with the Mandalorians would pay off here and now. For the force seemed lost to all on this place.

Kautra walked down the hall, and told Hartel to follow, if there was any trouble, they would deffently need each other. They walked down the hall and found a door that led out side, and they held up there, they would guard this place from any foe, for this was his home.

Duo twisted around back inside the ship as one of the bolts from a turret clipped his armor. He could feel a burning sensation, but the armor had protected him from much of the energy the blast contained. The two Juggernauts in front of him weren't so lucky as one was thrown back into the ship with four scorch marks on his chest, the other one was only down but not out.

Raptor units evaded the targeting systems of the Turrets, as they favored the larger units over them. Using this advantage they made their way ever closer to the temple, using the foliage around the temple as cover. Those with better throwing arms lobbed an ion grenade towards strategic positions on the temple walls, frying some of the turrets.

The Juggernauts weren't so gentle with the systems though, opting to use explosive charges. Their powerful muscles were called into play as they practically force fed the volatile orbs to the powerful weapons. They weren't foolish though, after the turrets had cut into them the first time they retreated to cover.

Duo clutched his shoulder as he moved to the head of the ship, informing the pilot that of his new instructions once all of the units had been unloaded. The human nodded his head and began speaking to the crew over his headset as Duo made his way back threw the ship towards the exit. He paused when he came upon Piccolo, looking up at him for a moment in silence before nodding his head and continuing on his way. Both of them were Warriors and both of them would make it out of this alive. Nothing less was acceptable.

With a flex and rotation of his shoulders, Duo's height increased by six inches as his muscles rolled under his skin and became thicker then before, adding at least fifty pounds to his body weight. He flicked his tongue over his slightly elongated incisor and moved out of the back exit of the ship, with two Juggernauts in tow. Without the force to aid the Jedi, it would be hard for them to note the trio that moved silently through the brush.

They came to entrance; Duo motioned for the two behind him to stop. His ear twitched slightly as he listened closely. There were others on the opposite side of him. ((Kautra and Hartel)) He grinned and motioned for the two soldiers to plant a large enough charge to blow the door wide open. Once it was planted they retreated back and blew the charge. Shrapnel from the door and surrounding wall flew in every direction, surely throwing the two Jedi backwards.

Once the immediate danger was gone, Duo raised up and glared threw the dust for a sign of movement. The air was far too dirty now for him to get a clear view, so he pointed towards the Juggernauts Heavy repeaters. With a nod of their head they raised their weapons and fired a barrage of metallic bolts at a high rate of fire into the dust and temple corridor.

((1v1 duel, mod ruled. I am not particularly concerned why your padawan wouldn't interfere”¦perhaps the explosion separated him from you”¦but if you want him dead, I am willing to do a 2v1 but in that case the juggernauts would be in it with me.))