Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

Hou-Jo's ship entered the system and landed outside of the dojo. He got out of the starfighter, "All right Velhart. Go find yourself a room and get ready for your training to commence. We will both be training, but I will wait until you are closer a level to me before I continue my own training."

Hou-Jo went off to find out who was in charge here.

Darex sighed. He didn't know where Master Calen had gone. Deciding to not just sit here, he stood up and walked over to Armeina.

Focusing on the Force around him in the garden, he spoke to her. "Hey, Armeina, will you throw a stone at me?"

Noting her confused look, he laughed. "No seriously."

Waiting for her to do it, he used the little Force-training he had and reached out. He pictured a solid wall forming around him, and sent the Force into it, fortifying it. Ready to test his Force-usage, he waited for the rock to come flying at him.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darsha shrugged. I'm not sure... but if you would like to hop into mine, we can leave yours here and come back for it later.

The padawan cringed at the thought, he liked his ship a little too much to leave it on a planet with a group of strangers.

"I'd prefer using my own ship, I'm not sure when I'll be coming back to Borleias. How long away is the journey to Maanan?"

BerenNew.jpg

The child nodded, "Yes... I grew up on Coruscant. Everything is So different here." he looked up to the sky, he had seen pictures of them before but had never thought about how small such a large thing could make him feel.

He fought back tears as his mind swelled with thoughts of his home. He and a few of his freinds used to play games of Pazzak in the back allies... his father and he would take trips to the upper levels... The child closed his eyes and willed himself to think about the here and now. This scared him even more than it did before: He was on an unfamiliar planet and completely dependant upon other people. Even on Coruscant he knew he could make it if he needed too, but his father had been saving for years to send his boy to the Jedi. His father had said life would be better.

The child cleared his mind, then felt himself get stronger. He needed to survive, he would survive.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

Darex's request confused Armiena... to say the least. Why would he want a stone thrown at him? Did he think being knocked out would relieve a headache? Would being knocked out help him sleep?

"Um... alright." As she picks up a fairly smooth stone, she picks up a faint ripple in the Force. Something was going on here... and she thought she knew what it was.

Looks just like a grenade, she thinks as she takes aim.

"Aim for the head!" she bellows jokingly. Armiena hurls the stone at him.

drayyy.png

"I... understand." she says quietly.

Shanti finally looks away from Zeb, allowing her eyes to glide along the surfaces around her. She thinks of her own home; how it had been a sanctuary for her. Emotions flood her conciousness: sadness, longing, confusion, loss. She misses her old life but that had been taking away even before arriving at the Dojo. Her gaze falls again to the boy next to her. She observes the rows of horns on his head and feels grateful to be right where she is. I can do so much more here, in the service of others. This is my home now.

Shanti begins to think of what her life might be like at the Dojo. Her education has taught her not to think beyond the current moment; however she finds it difficult not to hope for a Master. She feels herself unfamiliar with the ways of the Jedi, despite being told otherwise. Confidence

She instinctually draws her breath through her nose, slightly compressing her throat. The breath is slow and does its job; Shanti is back in the garden, shrouded in calm.

"Have you met Master Calen Nova, yet?" she asks of Zeb.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

Zeb shook his head, he had seen her reaction when he mentioned Coruscant. The child was afraid that he had done something wrong, he felt like he did not belong among these people. The boy sighed, he did not even know if he were Force sensitive yet. Zeb remembered the two thousand credits he had saved to get to this planet, and how he was not charged a fee to come. The child was mortified, he had never accepted charity before in his life, "Do you know if I would be able to wire a few credits to..." The boy struggled to remember the mans name, "Neo?"

"I am sorry, I do not know. I would imagine Master Nova would be able to help you, or, perhaps another here at the Dojo. I can honestly say, you are the first person I have met; on my journey and arrival here." Shanti thinks back to here life before being at the Dojo; how isolated she had been. All the years she spent reading, studing and flying with her dad; or the man she had thought was her dad. She was happy to finally meet someone outside her old life.

"If you are truly concerned about repaying a debt and cannot get it to Neo; may I suggest you pass it along to another when they are in need and you have means?" she questions hesitantly. Balance in all things is what she had been taught; what you give, you get.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

Darex smiled at Armeina's obvious confusion, but didn't let his focus slip. As the stone came hurtling at him, he drew on even more of the Force. The rock hit the Force-sheild and bounced off.

Grinning at Armeina's startled reaction and his own success, he asked her to throw another one at him. "Actually, make it two rocks," he added as an after-thought. I want to see if I can focus enough to keep it up for mulitple objects, he thought.

FDY9u6P.png

The freighter, Comrade, heavily touched down on to Jedi Dojo's landing pad. On board were the supplies for the facility for the next two months. A Jedi adept stood awaiting the crew to show them to their quarters.

When the ramp lowered, however, a young auburn haired girl stepped off instead. The girl glanced around and upon seeing the adept began striding over to him.

"Hiya," she said slipping the pack she carried off her shoulder and letting it fall to the ground. She looked up at the adept and grinned at him.

"Hello," the adept replied, he had never known any of the freighter pilots to be so direct... Or young. He looked back at the ship to see the crew emerging from the ship.

"Are you one of the crew men's daughter?" he asked.

The girl tilted her head to the side, "Daughter? Nyah. The Comrade was just the best way to get here. That captain is a tough nut to crack, but I managed to convince him he wanted me on board," the girl looked around. The adept felt her reaching out with the Force, probing the landing pad with her mind. She looked back at him, "This is the place where you become a Jedi, right?"

"Um, yes, but most hopefuls arrive on their own ships or by shuttle," the adept told her.

The girl began to look a little uncomfortable, "Well to each his own. Oh, yeah. I haven't told you who I am, yet have I?" The girl reached out, took the adept's hand, and pumped it up and down in a hand shake, "I'm Jurha Kahn and I'm here to become a Jedi."

"Very nice to meet you Miss Kahn. Why don't you come with me and we can arrange for some quarters for you. Then perhaps you can meet with Master Nova then," the adept said beginning down the pathway to the temple.

Jurha studied the golden statues of past Jedi that lined the path. That's pretty trusting of them, she thought, to leave gold sitting out there like that, someone could steal them. Jurha told her self to stop thinking like that. She made her own choices now.

"It seems," the adept said, "Everyone is assembling in the courtyard to wait for Master Calen Nova. Perhaps it would be best if you were to go there while I take your things and place them in your room after we have it ready."

"How will I know which one is my room," Jurha asked letting her pack slide off her shoulders again.

"I will send word to you when the time is appropriate. Through those doors you will find the courtyard. Please wait there with the others."

Jurha let the adept take her bag and watched him until he disappeared around a corner. She took a deep breath, "Well, let's go Jurha."

She stepped through the doors and into the sunlit courtyard. She looked around at all the other hopefuls. Some were hurling rocks at each other... Jurha was extremely puzzled as to why they would do that...

They all must be light years ahead of me in their training... Jurha sighed. She tugged at the yellow crystal from a dismantled lightsaber she had once found. What if I'm not cut out for this?

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

(I'm here... and I posted coming here... but I'm leaving. lol)

Beren nodded. The two soon found a refueling valve and Erai's Z-95's engines were up and loaded. After reeling the fuel-hose back into the temple. He walked up to Darsha for the last words before their journey to Maanan.

"My headhunter's ready to go. What exactly is Ryoo doing on Maanan anyways?"

BerenNew.jpg

Zeb shook his head, "The debt is to Master Neo, no one else." This was another of the things his father had taught him: never owe anyone anything. He had kept this rule central to his life. The young child had paid all of this debts, good and bad.

He closed his eyes again, he still felt so... small here. He was used to Coruscant and did not know what half of the things here were. He knew that they were plants but not what else to call them. The child choked back his fear, trying to be like his father. His dad would go against the strongest fighters on Coruscant with an air of calm around him that was unnerving.

Suddenlt Zeb felt like he had failed his father, he needed to be strong but was afraid of the future, even of the present. He did not know anyone here aside from Shanti, and he was not even sure about her.

"Nice trick. I've got to learn this stuff..." Armiena scoops up two more suitably shaped stones. Behind Darex, he sees Master Nova waiting patiently. A couple more hopefuls arrive further behind him. Great... we've got an audience. Do well, Darex. I don't want people to watch me knock a fellow Jedi out cold, least of all a Jedi Master.

She juggles the two stones for a couple of seconds, then tosses them simultaneously at Darex.

drayyy.png

Jurha spotted a rough stone bench near her in the courtyard. She sat down on it and analysed the others in the courtyard. She spotted a sagely looking old man standing away from the other hopefuls watching them carefully.

Must be the master, Nova was it, but I better check, she thought. She closed her eyes and sensed him out like she always did when she met a person. She opened her eyes. Must be. No one has that much authority in them and isn't in charge. Or watches everyone like a hawk.

Jurha considered introducing her self to him, but held back. She felt too shy and nervous about being here to waltz over to the Jedi. She'd do it later.

She went back to watching the other students.

jurhasiggy.bmp

Shanti senses Zeb's energy retreat further. "I am sorry if I offended you. I admire your conviction. It is a trait I think will serve you well in your training; as well as in life."

She feels his fear, and is struck by her desire to help him. Unsure of how to handle it, she does the only thing she knows to do. Turning to look him in eyes, she says, "Zeb, I know you don't know me, but I want you to know that I will help you in anyway I can. If you need anything, at all, just let me know. This may seem strange to you and maybe even a bit overwhelming, however, I am sincere." Not wanting to force him to respond, Shanti continues, "I think that is Master Nova over there". She nods her head toward the man she had seen leading the sparing class. "Would you like to walk with me?" she asks with a smile.

Shanti.jpg

Darex concentrated on the two hurling stones. Vaguely in the back of his mind, he was aware of more people arriving in the courtyard, but took no notice of the new presences.

Releasing himself to the Force, he found several options available to him. He could easily reach out and alter the stones' trajectories, but he decided against it. The point of the excersice is to learn something new, he reminded himself.

He instead poured Force-energy into the shield he had created earlier. Since there were more rocks flying at him this time, he worked on strengthening the shield in general, rather than the specific points where he could tell the rocks would hit.

All this happened quickly, and when the rocks reached 2 feet in front of him, they stopped abruptly and clattered to the ground.

Releasing his focus, he shot a grateful smile at Armiena. "Thanks for helping me. It's hard to throw rocks at yourself."

The tall blonde man fell silent as Master Calen approached.

FDY9u6P.png

Effortlessly, Shanti rises to her feet. She is pleased Zeb has decided to walk with her. As they make their way across the courtyard, Shanti turns her head to watch as the women, she saw sparing inside, hurls two large stones at the man opposite her. Witnessing his ability to deflect the stones without the use of any visable objects, ensnares Shanti's intrigue. She had read in ancient texts of various cultures claiming to have these skills; but to see it in person was something completely different. I feel as if I have been transported to some amazing place I created in my own mind

Out of the corner of her eye, Shanti sees the man she believes to be Master Nova approaching. She turns to Zeb, "Have you ever seen that done before?" she asks with awe.

Shanti.jpg

((OOC: I think we're all here, DaCheat))

Armiena lets out a little sigh of relief. She didn't think that she had thrown the stones hard enough to knock someone out, but everyone's reaction to being hit was different. Either way, it didn't matter, because Darex stopped them midair.

She chuckles at Darex's thanks. "Believe me, it's harder than it looks to use yourself for target practice." She nods over his shoulder towards Master Nova.

"Excellent. Time for class?" She says under her breath. She wanted to soak up as much knowledge as she possibly could, as she was always aggressive with training.

drayyy.png

Jurha stood up from the bench. It seemed polite, since no one else was sitting, and teachers often expected (or demanded) respect from their pupils. Slouching on her rear end while distracted in her own world wasn't very presentable.

She hung near the back of the ground, hidden slightly behind taller students preparing to listen.

jurhasiggy.bmp

The child did see the man deflect the stones, but didn't think it was anything other than a trick. "You are far too gullable, Shanti. That could be done with a sheild I'll bet."

The boy was somewhat dissapointed in the back of his mind, he had thought of the Jedi as honorable, now that they were using tricks like that to lure students he did not know if he wanted to be a part of it.

Again Zeb's mind wondered back to Coruscant, to his checkup at the doctor's. He had learned then that he was "Force Sencitive" at the time he had though of it as a great thing. He figured he could be a great fighter for his family like his dad was. He sighed now, almost regreting the move here. He was determined to find out what all of these people were about.

"You could by right, Zeb; either way I find it intriguing. Learning it, no matter what the origin, would be wonderful." Shanti says, her voice full of excitement. She is aware of Zeb's skepticism. Fear; it makes, even the best of us, defensive . It certainly has made me cynical more than a few times. She smiles a knowing smile and gives it to Zeb.

From behind them, Shanti becomes aware of another presence. She turns to see a another human female. The girl is smaller in stature than Shanti, with dark hair. Her features are fine and she appears to be about Shanti's age. With her face lit by a smile, Shanti greets the girl, "Hello. My name is Shanti Satya." The girl is several feet away from where Shanti and Zeb are standing. "Would you care to join us as we wait for class to start?"

Shanti.jpg

Armiena tosses a glance at Shanti's companion. Even though he tried to keep his voice down, she heard his comment nevertheless, and she bristled at the Jedi Order being demeaned like that. Especially since he was accusing her of deceiving him. As if she could! She takes in a deep breath, as quietly as she can.

"Of course. I'm Armiena Draygo, by the way." The words burned like sand down her throat. She fakes what she hopes is a friendly smile as she walks with her towards the child.

drayyy.png

"It is a pleasure meeting you, Armiena. I watched you sparing earlier; very impressive. I look forward to the time when I have the confidience and technique level you do. Are you a Padawan?" Shanti inquires. While not knowing very much about the Jedi order, she remembers the rankings her father had told her of, when Shanti was making the decision to come to train at the Dojo. "Your skill level would indicate you have been training for some time" she continues.

Shanti senses a conflict within Armiena but doesn't feel it appropriate to focus more energy into it. Desensitize. You mustn't become overwhelmed with everyone else. In this moment, Shanti feels grateful to have grown up in such isolation. I don't know if I would have survived it otherwise.

Shanti looks to Armiena; noticing Armiena's intent gaze on Zeb. She didn't need to sense that Armiena wasn't comfortable with him. "That is Zeb. He, like myself, is dealing with being away from home and family for the first time." she tells Armiena, hoping to touch on her compassion. Zeb throws a hard look toward Shanti. "I am sorry if I spoke out of turn." she says to Zeb. "I expect we should all, here at the Dojo, become like extended family. We will need to trust one another to train and live together." Shanti feels her words have fallen on deaf ears as Zeb's face refuses to soften. Time. Just give it time She thinks as she opens her heart to Zeb.

Shanti, again, notices another approaching. She glances over her right shoulder to see an additional human female; one she hasn't seen before. She, like Armiena, has a smaller frame than Shanti. Her hair is dark with red highlights glistening in the sunshine. She appears to be waiting for something. Master Nova? The girl sees Shanti looking at her and a smile immediately comes to her face. Shanti responds in kind and says, "Hi. Would you like to come wait with us?"

Shanti.jpg

The boy had crossed his arms in front of him. Zeb did not like this womans body language, Just like humans, He thought to himself Always thinking they are better than you... putting words in your mouth. He took a deep breath and said simply, "If you want my trust, then earn it."[/i]

((Sorry, Shanti.))

Jurha looked up at the girl who called her self Shanti. Shanti was smiling and she seemed sincere with her invintation. Why else would she have come over, Jurha reasoned. Jurha smiled, stood up, and walked over to the other students.

"Hi, um, I'm Jurha Kahn," she looked around at the other students she was now standing near. She twisted her hands behind her back nervously. "Uh, well, I just got here less than thirty minutes ago. We're all waiting for Nova I guess, but what else is going on here?"

jurhasiggy.bmp