Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

Calen shook his head, "I'm afraid my duties here prevent me from leaving. My friend will help you though. Here are the coordinates." With that he handed her a padd with the coordinates to the Gateway on them....

"The Shadows will arise...."

Eli smiled again, "Master I am much grieved by this news, but I still do not know who your friend is that will so kindly give me a ship." She looked at Master Calen imploringly, and stood still looking at him.

I've got to go! She thought, her body suddenly seemed tense with waiting to leave for the Gateway. Dearest, Nilt is waiting for me!

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

((I'll wait for you Scorp. And it seems as if my internet is back to normal, so I can post more now.))

Retaining his pose and state of mind, Mathis feels a small disturbance in the Force in his general vicinity. Well, disturbance wasn't exactly the right word, more so of a ripple that someone had arrived. Reaching out through the Force, he lightly brushes the man's mind, just so he could tell which hopeful it was. Upon discovery, he exerts a tad more power, and speaks to Ish in his mind.

"Hello, Ish.

As Ish jerked at the unexpected voice, Mathis continues before Ish can do more.

"You have been without a master for to long. My name is Mathis, and I am willing to change that. Are you?"

Due to the fact that Ish had answered his initial calling, Mathis already knew what the answer would be. But he wanted Ish to actually say that this is what he wanted.

mathis-1.jpg

Ish assumed something unexpected was going to happen to him at first contact with this Jedi, but none the less he was startled when Mathis spoke to him through the force. It was a strange sensation, something like a whisper, but yet it was quite discernable what Mathis was saying to him. He could understand it perfectly fine.

Ish assumed he would need to get used to this, and learn in turn how to do it. Focusing his thoughts on Mathis request, he assumed that if he could surround himself with the force and let it flow through him, that somehow he might be able to broadcast his reply back to Mathis question. He stayed motionless accept for his eyes closing. Stiffening a bit he replied, "yes, I am willing and ready to do what is need." He was not certain if he should have called Mathis his master yet. It seemed however that Mathis was waiting for something else as well. Ish decided to stay silent and let Mathis speak to him through a force message if he had anything else he needed to say or request of Ish.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Eli laughed "Of course he does, you are a Master, you're supposed to think of everything." Still smiling she bowed, "Master Calen I hope that are paths cross again one day. May the force be with you."

So saying Eli turned and left the room, she took a left down the hallway, and headed to the landing platform. She went toward the run down fighter that she had arrived on and climbed on board. Checking the datapad Eli punched in the coordinates for the Gateway, One more stop oh, Master of Mine, and I'm one my way. As she shot toward the stars in the sky Eli smiled too herself and waved a last goodbye to the Dojo.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Darex nodded as Ish left the room. At least now it'll be a fair fight, he thought.

Picking himself up off the ground, he replied to Armiena. "Thanks for warning me."

He swung at her legs, causing her to jump up. Then in the spilt-second she was in the air, he called on the Force and pushed her. Since she was in the air, it was her time to fall flat on her back.

Darex lightly tapped her with the pole, both of them knowing that if they had been using lightsabers, Armiena would be dead.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Ooh... Force powers versus military training? This should be interesting. Armiena knew perfectly well that she wouldn't stand a chance against an experienced Jedi.

Then Armiena lands on her back and gets tapped in the jaw. Ouch... or maybe just painful. She blinks, then gets partially up. So many choices... should she kick the knee, body, or go for the head?

She decides for the body. She kicks Darex just below the ribs. As air whoofs out of his chest, she backs up and rises to her feet. Another Force Push knocks her off balance, but she recovers before he attacks again.

drayyy.png

Allowing himself a purely mental smile at Ish's reply, Mathis cracks one eye open to study Ish.

He has already learned much. It is a shame that his time under my tutelage will not be long. Now, where is the other?

Closing his eye, Mathis searches through the Force for Scorp. Locating him, he continues to monitor him as his duel progresses.

mathis-1.jpg

Ish rest his elbows on the railing and in turn his head in his hands observing Mathis Qui Gon patiently. Glancing up with his eyes only he marveled at the crisp blue sky which there was not a cloud in. It reminded him of his home on Dantooine.

ish2hh6.jpg

Scorp felt the pain of the force jab enter his hand. Dropping it he instictvly raised the other hand and pushed her away from him. Scrambling to get his lightsaber he grabbed it firmly in his hand. shaking the injured one He figured it was time to fight a bit smarter.

hmmmmmmm interesting I wonder how she did that anyhow. OH well. Scorp with drew into a cat stance with his lightsaber help infront of his torso. THen he waited.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Darex felt the wind knocked out of him and recovered with a Force-blast, but Armiena recovered quickly. That amount of time was just what he needed to get back to fighting.

He swung and met her pole, then decided to add a twist. He quickly flipped over her head with the help of the Force and made a quick slash at her back. She turned just barely in time to catch the tip of his pole and flick it away.

Darex shot her a smug grin and then used the Force to accelerate his speed. Her moves seemed to slow down for him, and he easily hit her three times--once on each arm, and then gave her a solid blow to the side.

FDY9u6P.png

With an effort born of repetition, Shanti disengages the autopilot. She lowers her ship closer to the surface of Borleais. It is strange to think, all those hours flying with my dad would actually prove to be useful.

Even from the air, the Jedi Dojo is just as she thought is would be. She feels a sense of comfort; a belonging that she has never experienced before.

As Shanti begins lowering her craft for landing, she sees a small fighter taking off. She senses concern with some confusion, and quickly focuses her intention so as to not make these feelings her own. I need to be less open. she thinks as her ship makes ground.

Shanti Satya is immediately met by an adept.

"Your weapons please"

Reaching into her sack, she pulls out the vibrosword and the vibroshiv and hands them over to the adept. Grateful to be free of the weapons, she releases a long, slow exhale. She had never even seen them until departing for her training; her father had insisted she take them. She still though it ironic that her father, whom had spoken of only peace for as far back as she could remember, owned such obects.

"Stay with the ship BL-22. If I need you, I will call" she says to her droid.

Shanti notices a man walking from the hanger and works hard not to sense. The adept leads her into the dojo; showing her all of the pertinent places. Finally, the adept shows her to her quarters. Room 211. A smile lights her face. She enters the room. While the overall dimensions aren't large; she feels as if she has entered a palace. Her own palace.

Turning to the adept, she thanks him and asks "Where can I find Master Nova?"

"Go to the sparing rooms, Master Nova will find you there."

Arriving at the room, she sees two groups engaged in a spare. How will I ever be able to do that? she wonders.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

((OOC: Let's not beat up on each other too badly. We do have classes to attend ))

Son of the Sith... Armiena catches the blows on her arms, and then her left ribs. She ignores the pain, but she knew that she'll be feeling bruises in the morning.

She spins with the rib-blow, and fakes a slash at his arm. She feels surprise radiate off him as she continues her spin. Armiena snakes her left arm around Darex's neck, moves in closer, and throws him over her hip.

As he falls, she strikes lightly him across the leg. She withdraws a few feet, and shakes her left arm as he gets up.

drayyy.png

Impressed with what she has just witnessed, Shanti feels encouraged at the prospect of sparing. That women is smaller than I am and she just took him to the ground she thought. But fighting, even if only to sharpen one's skills, seemed as foreign as breathing from the back of your neck. There are those who do it, just not me.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

The sound of metal tapping the floor marked a new presence in the room. The presence had been watching the battle for several minutes, unfortunately it was time for class again.

"Very interesting young ones. Your skills at combat are impressive. Please tell me what each of you observed of the other...."

"The Shadows will arise...."

A voice draws Shanti's attention away from the two yet sparing. By his tone and question, she assumes he is an instructor; Master Nova perhaps. Not sure if she should enter, she stays in place and fingers the crystal suspended beneath her robe. How is it that something which has brought such confusion into my life is what I now turn to for comfort.

Allowing her focus to move back into the room, she waits for instruction.

Shanti.jpg

"I learned that even though I had an advantage of her by using the Force to aid my attacks, I still lost," Darex said, picking himself up off the ground. "Obviously, even a fully-trained Jedi needs constant practice in order to improve. I also learned something else--Jedi aren't invincible.

"It seems simple to say it, but I don't think I fully understood until now. You hear of Jedi losing fights every now and then, but you don't really think about it."

Darex fell silent. Suddenly, he felt something....a sorrowing sensation coming from the Force herself. Darex could tell that some great Jedi was now dead, somewhere in the galaxy. He wasn't trained enough to tell who, but the sorrow hit him, and the smile that had started to steal across his face suddenly disappeared.

Pushing the feeling off to think about later on, he turned back to Master Calen.

FDY9u6P.png

Judging by the sudden disappearance of Darex's smile, Armiena figured that he was feeling the same... sensation she was. Sensation was putting it lightly. It felt as though something was aching in her very heart. The only thing she had felt anything like it was the terrible agony when Alderaan was destroyed. Like there was a great void being torn in the Force.

Force... don't let it be something like that... Anything but another world gone... Nobody deserved to go through the pain the Alderaanians did.

She shakes off the feeling. Now wasn't the time to daydream.

"Well, sir, I realized that I've put too much faith in my military training. I don't know how much training Darex has had, but even with my training, the fight was a draw. I did catch brief glimpses of Darex's emotions, though. Like just before I threw him, I caught genuine surprise from him."

drayyy.png

Focusing soley on the conversation at hand, Shanti releases her own thoughts. Instantaneously, cold rushes through her body; the voices around her become muffled. She is struck with a tremendous sense of loss. Then, as quickly as it came, it leaves. She forces breath back into her lungs, as the picture before her returns. She senses the others felt it too. What was that?

Shanti.jpg

((Ok Scorp, here's the deal. Either you finish your duel with your next post and we all leave, or I leave just with Ish. I thought you were only going to take a day, maybe two to finish this thing, so that's why I agreed in the first place. It's your choice now.))

As Mathis continues to observe the duel, he can feel his patience wearing thin. The training of one now was more important to him than the training of two later.

mathis-1.jpg

((Understood))

Scorp backfliped away from the attack suddenly a though occured to him

"Sorry Darsha I have an engagment to attend to we are going to have to finsh this later." Turning on his heal he quickly darted out the room. Rushing to the rock garden h rmemeber that that is where the feeling he had felt had told him to go.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Ish noticed another hopeful running up. He was recognizable to Ish, and then it dawned on him. The two had spoken to eachother for a short time on Hoth before and during the battle. Ish had come quite a way since then, and hoped that Scorp had as well.

When the hopeful came up next to Ish, Ish extended his hand towards Scorp. They shook, and continued to wait patiently on the deck surrounding the rock garden as Mathis meditated. Surely however Mathis would be able to feel the presence of Scorp. Finally, we'll be off in no time flat he said to himself. It was customary from what Ish could see that almost all hopefuls who acquired a master were taken away from the Jedi base. But where are we going? he pondered.

ish2hh6.jpg