Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

"Zeb, I shall earn your trust; if you allow me to" says Shanti, as she looks Zeb in the eye. She holds her gaze, giving Zeb a soft smile. "Light cannot enter the room until you open the curtain" she speaks softly, directly to Zeb. She feels his resistance to her and the situation. People choose how they feel. I cannot change him. He must want to change himself Shanti thinks, attempting to reassure herself. It's hard not to take things personally

Shanti turns her attention to Jurha. "Hello Jurha; wonderful to meet you! Honestly, I only got here a few hours ago; I am completely unaware as to what else is going on here. I haven't even been through all of the grounds yet. I am hoping there is a water garden here. I find myself missing mine." says Shanti. "Armiena, how long have you been here?" she asks.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

Sensing that Master Calen was not yet ready to speak to the class, Darex decided to meditate.

Sitting down and releasing himself to the Force, he thought back over the past.

Armeina is going to make a great Jedi. She is compassionate, fun to be around, and cheerful. A fun person to be a partner with. Whoever she gets as her Jedi Master will be up for a treat, I'm sure. She is so funny.

His thoughts then turned to his other friends spread out across the galaxy.

I hope Ish is well and learning a lot. I'm so happy for him. And Camsie must be nearly finished with his training by now. I hope he's getting good training in healing....he'll make a great healer.

And Skye....she must be a Jedi Knight now.

As his thoughts turned towards her, a longing feeling arose in his heart. His first instinct was to squash it, but the maturity he had gained in the past months wouldn't let him. He acknowledged his feelings towards her in his own heart.

And they will remain there and there only. If I ever see her again, I may not be able to hide the fact that I love her though. But we'll leave the future in the future.

Falling deeper into meditation, he studied the dream/vision that he had seen twice now. He wondered what it meant and why he had seen it.

Finally, Darex meditated on the Force itself. It amazed him every time he touched it, or felt it's presence. The peace and serenity it offered calmed his soul and refreshed his spirit.

He continued to meditate, alert for the moment when the class would start.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Armiena must have blanked out of a few seconds, because the conversation seemed to rush past her.

((Well, actually, I was stuck in traffic for an hour and 30 minutes and couldn't get to my computer. grrr...))

She snapped back just in time to hear Zeb's second comment. Even though she was not familiar with the Zabrak race, which was saying something, considering her fluency with many languages and body languages, she knew already that he didn't like her.

She hadn't missed the suspicious glance that he tried to conceal, probably a habit of dealing with racism amongst humans. Fine--she didn't care for him either, even though it had nothing to do with race.

"Whoa.. whoa... one thing as a time, please." Armiena tries to answer all of the questions in succession.

"First thing off, I am not a Padawan. I probably wouldn't be here if I was. As for my combat skills," she glances at her feet modestly, and pushes her long hair back behind her. "I was trained by the Rebellion. I was actually part of Page's commando team. I'm not supposed to tell you that, by the way." She offers Shanti a feral grin, drawing herself up confidently.

"And as for your second question, I've only been with the Jedi for a few days. I arrived on Manaan shortly before this place," she gives a meaningful nod towards the grounds surrounding them, "was set up. And also, Master Nova is standing right there. He may be testing us even now. If you'll excuse me, I don't want to look like the naughty child that shows up for class late." She smiles.

She nods to them, and then stands a few feet behind Darex, with military-straight posture. It had been a long time since she had done guard-duty, but she still had the patience that that assignment required.

drayyy.png

"She's certainly leading a colorful life," Jurha commented quietly to Shanti as Armiena walked away, "Part of the Rebellion and now here to become a Jedi. Too bad I can't see the future, only the past. I wonder why she's not with the Rebellion right now."

Jurha watched Amriena standing tall behind the rock-blocker kid. She's really disicplined with her self.

"She must trust you, Shanti, to tell you secret info like that," Jurha whispered, "That or she's just boasting. Or proud."

Too much of either wasn't very good. Perhaps she's not as disicplined as I thought, telling secrets like that. Or maybe she's human, Jurha! the red haired girl thought critizing her self. Not like you'd be a cammado or anything.

Jurha glanced at the little kid, Zeb. He had seemed pretty hostile to most everyone who approached him so far. Maybe she'd introduce her self after he was done rejecting any one who tried talking to him.

Jurha looked back at Nova. Maybe he was testing them. Whatever, if he wanted to start the class, he'd start the class. In the mean time she wasn't going to stare at rocks to keep her self busy.

"So Shanti, where are you from?"

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

The young Zabrak snickered at Armenia's comments. If she had something to boast about she would be boasting. Zeb thought back to his life on Coruscant, he had done many things he could be proud of but had never wanted to be. He was a reasonably good fighter, he thought, but was far better with tactics. He knew that you should never trust someone until you know what gang they have been in.

He did not trust any of these people, or their motives. He was there because it is what his father had wanted for him, and that was all. He felt... lost and powerless away from his home, he was scared that he would fail in whatever tests would lie ahead. The boy had an iron will, and was determined to see this through. He kept listening to Shanti and Jurha talk.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

Shanti lowers her head, a slight bow, to Armiena as she turns to leave. She has a deep respect for those who aren't afraid to do what they need to take care of themselves.

"She must trust you, Shanti, to tell you secret info like that," Jurha whispered, "That or she's just boasting. Or proud."

Jurha's voice draws Shanti's head back to it's original position. "She answered my question; I need no more motivation than that" says Shanti with a full smile.

Too bad I can't see the future, only the past.

She can see the past? I wonder if she can see mine...

"So Shanti, where are you from?"

Jurha's question causes Shanti to pause. Had she asked this question of me 2 months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated, but now... everything is so different "I grew up on Kashyyyk, with my mom and dad..." Shanti stops; her eyes fall toward the ground as she takes a deep breath. "...with my adoptive parents. I don't know where I was born. I only just found out I was adopted." her voice breaks at saying this aloud. Gently, she closes her eyes in an attempt to dam the flood. Her hand, instinctually now, pulls to her chest. She cradles the gem, hidden beneath her robe, in her right hand. Her heart swells with emotion. She becomes aware of a vibration in her hand; the sensation rapidly increases to the point she is forced to release the crystal. Mystified at what just occured, her consciousness releases the sadness and confusion which had, only moments ago, overwhelmed her. She opens her eyes to see Jurha and Zeb looking at her with expressions of question. Unaware of how much they had noticed or how much time had lapsed, Shanti smiles a nervous smile and confesses, "This is the first time I have talked to anyone about being adopted. It's just challenging for me. One day, I believe my life is a certain way and the next I find out it is something completely different. It is taking some getting used to."

Shanti feels an inexplicable calm move over her; she sinks into it, allowing it to consume her completely. Back in the moment again, she kindly asks Jurha "How about you? What is your history?"

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

After a long journey in Hyperspace Rann arrived in the system where he believed the jedi to be. He wasnt sure,but from what he could tell this looked like the best place. his shuttle was smallunarmed and nota threat to anyone.

On an open frequency he sent out a transmission.

"My name is Rann Raynar, I come in search of the jedi.I awaitpermission to land."

He waited for an answer....

If this isnt the right place Imay have just gotten myslef into a lot of trouble...

Rannrsig.jpg

Jurha put a hand on Shanti's shoulder. "I'm sure it will be alright. You are a strong person."

Back in the moment again, she kindly asks Jurha "How about you? What is your history?"

Jurha tried not to flinch.

"Ugh, well..." don't lie. Just don't tell the whole truth, "Well I'm originally from Corellia, but I've spend most of my life traveling in space going to archelology digs on various planets."

Jurha hoped that would be enough.

"So, uh, when do you think he'll be starting these classes?"

jurhasiggy.bmp

Shanti feels the warmth of Jurha's hand on her shoulder and the warmth of Jurha's spirit in her heart. How thoughtful, compassionate of her. A strong person; I have never thought of myself that way. Neither strong nor weak: I just am.

Shanti had always been described as sensative. She was usually very in touch with her feelings but rarely did she lose herself in them. A friend of her father's had once told her that she could cure the universe of it's ills with her balance of compassion and logic. Until recently, she had thought him to be more amiable than factual. However, since she had made the conscious decision to become a Jedi Healer, she sensed she could make a difference. It was like a homecoming; everything just seemed right.

"Archeology digs? How amazing. You must have more than a few stories to tell. I would think it to be hard to travel all the time. Did you miss your home much?" she asks with sincerity. "I am not sure if I could do that; be gone all the time." her voice fades off. Then the reality of her situation presents itself: it would probably be years before she would be returning home; if she ever did. Then again, was what she had thought to be home acually home anymore? Once more, her breath becomes her salvation, luring her back to the present.

"So, uh, when do you think he'll be starting these classes?"

"I, honestly, don't know. Perhaps Armiena is right; maybe he is tesing us right now. The only thing I know to do is be authentic. I could spend a lifetime attempting to figure out his motives and never even know if I came up with the right answer. In my mind, to try to decipher another is time I could better spend being present." says Shanti honestly. "I am looking forward to classes starting, whenever that is. There is alot for me to learn and I am excited to learn it."

Shanti turns away to see the man she watched deflect the stones earlier, sitting on the ground. He appears to me deep in mediation. Armiena is standing a few feet behind him, her body taught, at attention. Her eyes now fall upon Zeb standing to her side. He looks lost. She feels a connection to him that she doesn't understand but she also does not question. Finally, her gaze returns to Jurha. Shanti smiles at her thinking she will do well.

Just within her field of vision she sees Master Nova moving. Maybe class is to start? At that moment, she hears a ship off in the distance. Another new student she wonders.

Shanti.jpg

The child kept doing his best to keep his expression neutral, but tried to make his voice sound firm and confident, "Shanti, I had a freind like you once. If he could do it you can too." Zeb had never heard of Kashyyyk, and figured that it was like Coruscant in many ways. The boy had little experiance outside of the cityworld so he kept listening for clues.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

Jurha felt her patience thinning.

"I didn't spend half my life savings so some old guy could gawk at us all morning," Jurha growled.

She crouched and found a rock that fit comfortably into in hand. Jurha stood up and began intuitively aiming for Nova's head. She closed her eyes and threw the rock aiming it with her instincts.

((You have until Monday 8:00 PM EST to respond before that rock hits you. That's more than enough time to react, DaCheat.))

jurhasiggy.bmp

From the depths of the blue sky, came a round object with wings. It started out as a small flicker of fire. But as it got closer to the planet the flames grew larger and brighter. It quickly made its way through the air until it slammed into the mountains near the Jedi Dojo. It gave a loud crashing sound that echoed through the mountains so that every one could hear it and a rumble the shook the Jedi Dojo. As the small ship skid across the mountains ground the fire slowly went out, but was leaking oil. When it came to a final stop, moments later a small boy arose from the cockpit covered in ash and small cuts. He slowly made his way out of the ship and across the dirt. He moved as if some death sticks drugged him.

The flames were still flickering. A spark snapped the oil and an explosion came upon the young boy. As he flew forward he hit his small head on a small rock. He laid on the floor bleed a little and unconscious.

Darex felt the distress of the boy as soon as the ship entered the atmosphere. Snapping out of meditation, he quickly considered his options. Stay here for class, or help save someone's life?

He was out the door of the Dojo before the thought was even finished.

Keeping an eye on the burning ship falling from the sky, he quickly estimated the place it would crash. He ran swiftly, using the Force to refresh his muscles whenever he began to tire.

He saw the ship hit the mountains a few minutes later and felt the earth shake beneath him. Engaging a burst of Force-speed, he arrived at the scene of the crash about ten minutes later, just in time to see an explosion rock the area.

As soon as it died down, it didn't take Darex long to locate a young boy with brownish-blonde hair. Quickly checking his life signs, Darex was relieved to see that the boy was alive. His injuries were surprisingly few for someone who had just crashed, and Darex easily hefted the boy up on his broad shoulders and started back to the Dojo.

He arrived about twenty minutes later, and carried the boy to the medical wing. Laying him down on a cot, Darex started to apply bacta to the many cuts on the boy's legs.

FDY9u6P.png

The boy laid in deep sleep. When the man was replenishing his wounds, the boy rose quickly in fright and stared at the man. He gave a glare and yelled out loud in Twe'lek.

" Uca gandina fintai chachoomba!!"

The boy jumped off the cott and ran to thw corner and cursed at the starnge man he had never met.

Darex was startled at the boy's sudden regain of conciousness. The boy ran to the corner and yelled at Darex in Twi'lek, a language that Darex knew from his years spent on Coruscant. He didn't quite catch what the boy said, but he understood the tone.

"Calm down. I'm Darex Trevelian. I'm a Jedi," he explained, using the title even though it didn't describe him completly.

Unsure whether or not the boy spoke Basic, he repeated the statement again in Twi'lek, offering the young boy a smile.

FDY9u6P.png

The boy looked around and stared at the room and then at the man.

" Where am I? How did I get here?....... Who am I?"

The boy stood confused not knowing where he was or who he even is.

A silver Mandalorian ship entered the atmosphere, and it went slower and slower as it came toward the planet he sought. I hope i'm making the right choice about this.... the former Sith wanna-be said. He had trained with a Sith, and was on his way to Sith Master when a bounty hunter had ended his master's life. He'd come here to see if the Jedi could do what they said they could do. He had learnt that the Jedi taught the arts of healing and forgiveness. Var did not know why, but maybe joining the Jedi would teach him not to be so reckless. His clumsieness had almost gotten him killed.

The ship was mere yards from the grassy surface of the peaceful planet, and Var expertly piloted it down from the air. It's landing gear was lowered, thanks to Var's co-pilot, 77-LL. The ship, called The Canine, touched base with the planet, and Var exited via the exit ramps. He looked around, and seeing a crashed ship, he thought And I thought this was supposed to be a PEACEFUL planet. He eyed the grounds, and he saw a group of people talking. Making sure he had his lightsaber concealed, but in reach, he began to walk towards them. As he neared, he saw a female, maybe a little older then him. She had a slighter taller build, as well. Her hair was blond, and she turned to face him. What was that? he wondered. He had felt a weird feeling, almost a sense of recognition. Do I know her? Var wondered? And then, his crystal, the color of a clear sky, had begun to pulse. It had never done this before. Var disregarded both rare occasions.

He was close enough to talk to the group, and he didn't feel like exposing himself with introdutories. It's a dark side trait he thought to himself. He just felt like waiting, and listening, always making sure Searcy's saber was within reach.

"Thank you, Zeb; that is kind of you to say." responds Shanti. She looks again to the boy next to her and wonders where his fear is coming from.

After a few minutes in silence, Shanti notices Jurha bend over and pick up a rock. As Jurha cradles the rock, Shanti hears her comment about Master Nova.

"Jurha, patience please. I cannot believe a Jedi Master will be swayed by your intolerance. If this is a test, I must think, your actions would not be the most desired response. Everything happens just as it is supposed to. Attachment to your ideas..." Shanti stops mid thought as the craft they heard overhead suddenly ends in a large crash. As the ground shakes beneath them, everyone in the courtyard turns their heads in the direction of the resounding boom. Shanti sees the man, who had deflected the stones, running from the Dojo. Within the moment, she becomes aware of the sensation of pain. He must have sensed it too. She contemplates joining him to help, but then thinks of his ability and decides to stay.

"What should we do?" asks Shanti, to anyone who chose to respond. Everyone seems stunned and reserved. Master Nova does not move from his spot. His eyes are now closed; he appears to be elsewhere. Several minutes later the man returns to the Dojo, carrying what appears to be a child. He runs into the building, disappearing from view.

Overhead, yet another ship is heard. "Busy place today" says Shanti with a small laugh. Moments later another male enters the courtyard. Shanti immediately senses profound confusion mixed with hope. She shifts her body to fully face the entrance; her eyes meet his. Her breath ceases; trapped in an invisable void. She struggles to regain control dropping her gaze in the process. Air rushes back into her lungs as she falls forward. What is going on. What was that. She raises her head to, again, look at the stanger. She watches as an adept approaches him. She can barely hear as the adept asks for his weapons. A short conversation insues and finally the stranger begrudgingly hands over a silver cylindrical device.

Shanti's mind works to understand what has happened to her. She had, often times, had strong sensations leaving her cold or sweating or even weak, but never had her breath left her so completely. She is drawn to him; yet, for the first time she can remember, she feels fear. She knows fear isn't productive and chooses to face hers. She walks over the stranger, offers her hand to him as she says "Hello. I am Shanti Satya. Welcome." She feels the fear lessen as she controls her breathing. I will know and understand what occured She repeats this several times to herself, creating an intention.

Shanti.jpg

Darex kept the smile on his face. "This is the Jedi Dojo," he replied, not stating the planet's name for safety reasons. "This is where all the Jedi hopefuls go before they get masters.

"As for what happened, I don't know all of the story. You crashed on this planet on a small ship or escape pod....I couldn't tell which. You were pretty beat up. I got there just in time to drag you from the wreckage and get you here. I didn't feel the presence of any other ships in the system, but then again, my Force-training is somewhat limited."

He hoped that the things he observed would bring back the boy's memories. "As for who you are, I don't know."

FDY9u6P.png

((OOC: Wonders if DaCheat has died.))

Even though Armiena could endure countless hours of guard duty, that boring duty and simply waiting were two very different things. With guard duty, one simply knew that they had to endure the seemingly stand-still time and bad scenery. However, when one waited, they had something to look forward to. Something to anticipate.

And that anticipation was starting to wear through her patience.

She senses Jurha cradle a small stone, and hurl it at Master Nova. Even as it flew at his head, the man's expression didn't change. She raises her eyebrows and glances back at her.

drayyy.png

Part of Jurha wanted to scream. What did she just do?

He's a Jedi Master he'll stop it. She just don't like being insulted by being ignored. Sure it was a drastic measure, but he was being kind of drastically rude.

((You know he better dodge it or block it. If he doesn't I guess I'll just edit or delete that post. I had entirely planed on a reaction of SOME KIND. Positive or negative.))

jurhasiggy.bmp

The rocked hit Calen right on the forehead. With a smile he walked over, "Thank you padawan."

Turning to those gathered in the courtyard he looked to everyone, "It is time we learn about a Jedi's most important weapon, the lightsaber. Will someone share with the group of what they know about it?"

OOC: Sorry guys, I've had a few family matters to attend to.

"The Shadows will arise...."

Bedamned adepts, Var thought. At least he didn't think to ask for more weapons, he said, remembering the vibrodagger hidden in his tunic. Although he almost worshipped his master's weapon, he let the adept take it.

Var watched the master approach. He wanted to laugh at the stupid man because the rock hit him on the head, but he resisted. He was supposed to be good now. He tried to erase the previous feeling from his mind, and in the process, began to think of what he knew of the lightsaber for the rock man. Whats his name? the former Sith apprentice wondered.

"The lightsaber is a force user's most important weapon. It not only protects him, but shapes and defines him as well. The construction of such a weapon should not be done unless under supervision. Upon activation, a beam of pure energy, powered by a crystal located in the hilt, shoots up, awaiting combat." Var racked his brain for more information, and came up with "Crystals are found in a hidden location only known to a few force users." Var decided to use "force users" instead of Jedi or Sith, to prevent taking any sides. Var had used all of his knowledge of the lightsaber, and now awaited Master Nova's response.

"By the way, the name is Avararda, but you all can call me Var" he told the group, although he felt uncomfortable having strangers using his nickname. He'd just have to get adjusted to it.

(OOC- hope everythings alright, DaCheat. We thought you were testing us. We understand now, or at least I do. hehe.)

Edited by Guest

As Shanti stands in front of the stranger, with her hand extended; she hears the same voice from the sparing room. Before she has time to respond, the young man before her speaks right past her; answering Master Nova's question. She feels self-conscious; she withdraws her hand and turns around to face Master Nova. Am I invisable? She experiences another emotion with which she is ill acquainted: embarrasment. She decides now is not the appropriate time to think about this. Instead she focuses all her awareness on the discussion unfolding; which is imperative since she knows so little about the Jedi arts.

((OOC: Welcome back DaCheat. We missed you. ))

Shanti.jpg

Var watched with a little guilt as the blond female withdrew her hand. I didn't see it. Well, Im going to try and make it up, thought Var. As Master Nova pondered the response about the lightsaber. Var turned to-What did she say her name was? Anyway, Var looked to see her standing there, wondering how Var knew this information on the legendary weapon. He decided to see how open she was. "So.. Why did you come to the Jedi dojo?" he asked, for lack of a better question. He wondered if she was going to answer, or if she was also a Sith trainee. Am I the only one? Probably... he said, answering his own question. As he waited for a response, Var looked at the outside of the dojo. It was a beige-ish color, and inside, people were training. Some were getting rocks thrown at them, trying to use the Force to block them. Hey, maybe I can sharpen my skills with the Force. Avararda looked around, and finally found a small, grayish rock. Using the Force, he picked it up and brought it to his face. Var looked at it for a second, then made it do circles to entertain himself.

After five minutes or so, he got bored of watching the small, round rock do flips and little rolls. He stopped it, the threw it up in the air, still using only the Force. The rock flew up twenty feet, the began it's descent back down. As it fell, the rock picked up speed. Var watched from where he was standing as the rock fell. When it was close to the ground, he made a Force-net, catching the rock in mid-air.

Smiling, he turned back to the girl that tried to shake his hand, waiting for a response, and disregarding the rock that had entertained him.

((Oops. Hope everything's alright, DaCheat.))

Armiena blushes as the stone bounces off of Nova's forehead. To hide her embarrassment, she draws her feet together, and does a choppy bow, almost as though it were a salute. She swallows at his beginning question, then speaks up.

"The lightsaber is arguably the most powerful melee weapon ever made, capable of cutting through almost anything, including Armor-Rated blast doors. In the hands of an extremely skilled swordsman or a Jedi, it is an powerful weapon. To all others, they're only putting themselves in danger. Only the Jedi," she forgets to mention the Sith, "are known to build them. Mechanically, they perform poorly. When built by a Jedi, they work with unbelievable efficiency."

It suddenly occurs to her that she's starting to babble.

drayyy.png

Var notices Armenia's lack of saying the Sith build them as well, so Var decided to help her. "The Sith, as well, build lightsabers just as efficiently as the Jedi do, trust me, I have- had one," he corrected himself, remembering the Adept. Var wondered if Armenia had purposelly left out the Sith. Im watching you, he said to himself, giving a glare to the soldier.

Armiena didn't miss the glare, and she certainly didn't miss his words. "Excuse my naivette. I'm still used to a life where the people that are trying to kill me are affiliated with the Empire." She tries to say it casually, but she was still caught of guard that his first words to her were of anger.

Somehow she was aware of his suspicion.

Armiena groaned inwardly. Ugh... am I going to have problems with someone that's supposed to be my ally? Even in the chaos that was the Rebellion, she at least knew that her friends were returning fire at Imps and not her...

drayyy.png

Var watched Armiena's discomfort, and wanted to make it up. He walked over to her, and introduced himself. "Hi, Im Avararda, and your.... Armiena, correct?" She gave a slight nod, and said nothing. Var supposed he was kinda.... dark side-y, so he was going to try and make it up to her.. sort of. "Sorry if I have been weird, it's just.." Would she understand about his master? No, probably not, not unless she had a master at one time. He decided to tell her anyway. "My master died and the hands of a betrayer. He tried to kill me, but I lived. My master, Searcy, did not. I just dont want to feel any more betrayal. I haven't quite left the dark side yet, but I swear on my master's grave I am trying to." He looked around, and he saw a tree with some fruits on it. They looked like a cross between an apple and a peach. What were they call? Muja fruits? He didn't care.

Using the Force, he pulled some of the fruits off of the tree. Slowly, he brought the fruits to his hand. Var gave one to Armiena, one to Master Nova, one to Shanti, and he kept on for himself.

He watched them all, noting the somewhat small tinge of distrust in their eyes, and so he bit into it, proving that it was not poisened or harmful. One by one, each of them bit into the nice, juicy fruit. Smiles ran across their faces as they enjoyed the yummy muja fruit. Did I get her trust or friendship now? Var wondered. Y'know, she's kinda pretty under all that soldier...

The boy stood in confusion. He didn't know who he was as did any one else. He didn't even know if he could trust this man named Darex. The boy lowered his hand to his laser pistol, just in case of conflict. In fright still not knowing any thing, he ran for the door and into the halls. He looked right and then left anxiously to get out of where he was. He ran out and saw a group of people standing around just talking. He froze with a scare look upon his face. He did not know what to do or what was going to happen to him.