Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

The young boy stared at the fruit. He rose his hand smack the fruit to the ground. In a scared tone he yelled at the strange man in Twi'lek.

" Chooba da tini, lubga toti!!!"

The boy backed up agianst the wall. He had no way to turn nor to go.

Although Var did not understand Twi'lek, he was sure the boy was scared. The fruit rolled by Var's side. "Does he think its poisoness or something?" Var walked to the fallen fruit, then picked it up, not using the Force for fear of scaring the child. Var dusted off some dirt, and then stuck the tasty fruit in his own mouth. Some juice rolled down his chin, and he swiped at it with his sleeve. "See? Its ok!" Var said, wondering if the child knew Galactic Basic. He went to the fruit tree, jumped up, and recieved another fruit for the boy. Var still did not approach the boy, and he didn't want to scare him. This time, he rolled the fruit towards him, taking another bite of his own. Var smiled to show it tasted good, and that he was happy with it. "Dont be afraid. Im honestly not here to hurt you. I saw your ship crashed. Is there anything that you needed from it? I can get it for you, I promise." Var said, hoping the boy would trust him.

Darex smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'd love to get some food."

As Jurha walks over to Armeina, he turns to answer Shanti's sudden burst of questions. Laughing lightly, he gives her a smile. "No, I don't have any family. I'm an orphan. I grew up on the streets of Courascant."

Turning to see where she was pointing, he frowned in puzzlement. "Yeah, that's the boy from the crash. His external injuries weren't very severe, but he has some serious memory loss. He only speaks Twi-lek, and he doesn't know who he is. He's very skittish."

Laughing once again at Shanti's concern for the boy, he says, "Well, I'm sure he is hungry, but I don't think you will get him to eat anything. For that matter, I don't think he'll even let you near him. But I'm sure he'll come out of his shell once he gets more used to his surroundings...and I'm sure he'll get some food when he's ready."

He turns to see that Jurha and Armiena have come up and joined them. "Hi, Armiena," he greets her. "Ready to eat?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Var decided to leave the boy alone, for now. He did not want the boy to think Jedi were evil, like Sith. Once again, Var smiled to him and turned around. More people were in the group, and they were talking. Var left the frightened Twi'lek-speaking boy and approached the group in time to hear a man say, "Ready to eat?" This made Var remember his grumbling stomach, even though he already had a muja fruit. Avararda was now standing next to the man who'd asked 'ready to eat?"' and his stomach grumbled again.

After Var had stored up enough courage to invite himself in, he asked "Would you mind if I ate with you?" He waited for an answer, and listened to the others talk. Then he remembered: "My name is Var. What is yours?" he said, talking to the "ready to eat" man.

Aa Var approached, Darex recognized the distinct Force-signature of a former Sith.

"Nice to meet you Var. I'm Darex," he said with a smile. "And you're welcome to eat with us, I'm sure."

The group headed to the mess hall, grabbed some food and sat down at a large table.

"So," Darex said. "Why don't we introduce ourselves further?"

FDY9u6P.png

Var was very happy when Darex said yes. They walked to mess hall and grabbed some food. They sat down on a bench, and Darex said "Why don't we introduce ourselves further?" Var decided now was the time everyone would find out he was a Sith. Noone else said anything, so Var decided to introduce himself.

"Hey everyone, my name's Var, but most of you already know that. I am 15, and a former Sith." His eyes drew others, but he knew they already dis-trusted him. Darex looked like he already knew, but Var didn't really care how. "My master was Darth Searcy, and he died by a bounty hunter named Rane Scando. I came here to get the revenge I lust for him out of me." Var knew that was a lie, so he immediatly changed his anwer. "Another reason is because I have.. dreams.. of becoming a Jedi. They showed me to here. What about you all?" Var finished, and began eating the meal that lay in front of him.

"Sure, I'm ready to eat. I'm here, aren't I?" She listened through Var's introduction of herself as she ordered.

Armiena got a plate of a meaty stew, deliberately delaying so she could chop her rather... distinguished past into something that could be explained within a couple minutes conversation.

"Well, I served in the Rebellion prior to me coming for training. I was a member of Page's commando unit, the Katarn commandos--heavy weapons and back-up demolitions, actually." Several blank looks respond to that statement. "Don't feel bad," she grins. "We Katarns were all but legendary in the Rebellion, but all but unheard of in the Empire and elsewhere."

"I joined the Rebellion a bit after the Battle of Hoth and the fiasco at Derra IV, so my age was overlooked. I was just barely a legal adult by Alderaanian law, but because manpower was so tight that was overlooked. After the Battle of Endor I realized that I am Force-sensitive, so things, well, changed. I had to leave, even though the Rebellion tried to stop me." She was not in a mood to repeat her whole sob story, so she leaves it at that.

"And well, here I am now." She digs into her stew.

drayyy.png

Shanti takes in Darex's words about the boy but quickly realizes that she can't leave him to his own devices. She senses an overwhelming fear. It causes her stomach to turn. Turning to the group, which now has formed around them, she states, "Go ahead. I will join you in a few minutes." No one seemes to be hesitate as they all start walking toward the building. Cautiously, Shanti moves to the boy. As she nears, she lowers herself into a squatting position. I don't know Twi'lek. I have never even heard it before. She uses her softest voice and says,"Hi. My name is Shanti." The boy withdraws into the recess of the doorway. Shanti continues, "Are you hungry? You look like you might be hungry." Extending her hand palm up to him, she offers, "Would you like to come with us to get some food?" The boy retreats no further. She waits for him to respond.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

The boy, frightened tucks his head behind the door even more. She was a pretty girl. She spoke ina soft manner tone.

"Hi. My name is Shanti."

The boy quietly gasped and moved his hand from the corner after she spoke

"Are you hungry? You look like you might be hungry." Extending her hand palm up to him, she offers, "Would you like to come with us to get some food?"

Agian the boy extened further into the door way. He looked at the women palm and the back up to her. He spoke in a small and quiet tone.

"Shan-ti?" He said has his voiced glisened. He reached his small hand out and placed it into the womens hand.

" Shanti." He agian said. He cracked a small smile and waited to see where she was going to take him.

Darex listened with interest at the stories of Var and Armiena. He didn't know much about the Rebels, but he had always admired them. As for Var, it didn't matter to Darex that Var was an ex-Sith, but he curiously watched the expressions of the others.

He decided that it was his turn to speak. "Well, I was orphaned at a young age and I grew up on the streets of Courascant. I had one friend--another orphan--and we stuck together. One day we were gettting ambushed by a gang and a Jedi rescued us. It was that day that he told me I was Force-sensitive. He took me to a Jedi temple on Naboo. I spent the rest of my teenage years there, and then went to Hoth for training."

He paused, remembering Ish and....Skye. He shook off the memories and continued.

"When the Sith attacked Hoth, I escaped, although not un-injured....had a little fight with a Sith Master," Darex said with a light smile. "Raynuk Montar," he added for Var's sake.

"Anyway," he continued, "that was a while ago. Then the Jedi moved to their current home, and when the Dojo opened, I came here," he finished.

FDY9u6P.png

Jurha realized it was her turn. She relucantly began to speak about her self.

"My last name is Kahn. I grew up on my dad's ship The Foresight and we traveled around the galaxy doing archeology and antique dealing on various planets. I was an appraiser of sorts. Sometimes when I touch an objects I can see the past of the object and sometimes the owner. And if it's strong enough places."

Jurha took a sip of her drink. "When I was thirteen I met a Jedi who told me my gift came from the Force. I wanted to go with him to be trained, but he refused. I don't think he wanted the responability or baby sitting duty, I don't really care about it any more. Any way I began to study the history of Force users, the Jedi, and," Jurha cleared her throat and cast a glance at Var, "The Sith."

"That was two years ago. A few months ago I saved up enough credits to buy transport to some place where I could buy information about the location of a group of Jedi who would be willing to train me. And I hitch hiked to Borleais on board a freighter that drops off suplies here."

Jurha carefully neglected to mention her father had been dead set about her becoming a Jedi or anything else for that matter. He had no idea where in the galaxy she was right now. Jurha still regretted not having the sense to change her name. She wondered how her father was fairing with out her.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Var was listening to everyone's tales of remembering their planets and family. He was chewing on some meat while listening to Jurha's story. She emphasized when she said "The Sith," which made Var mad. Don't do anything. Everything heals with time, he told himself, while biting a little harder than normal on his food. Var realized he was doing this, and immediatly softened up. I actually deserve this. I WAS part of the Sith. The damage is already done. Nothing I can do about it now, he said, nodding at Jurha's story.

At the end of her tale, the crystal in his shirt glowed a bright yellow, and rose a few inches, unassissted. He looked down at it, and dropped his for on his plate with a loud clatter. His eyes widened with disbelief, as this had never happened before. He went pale, and then a flash inside his head, like he went back in time.

His father was standing there, looking at him, a grave look upon his face. "Let me see your hand, Var." he had said to him. Var held his hand out, and his father bent down to Var's eye level. "I want you to take this. When it glows, someone very important is close by. The lighter it glows, the closer you are." A voice was heard in the distance, and Var's father returned to his upright position and left. He just left, with Var standing there, and no instructions on what to do.

Just as it had started, he was back in the real world, and everyone was looking at him. He felt cold sweat on his face. "Excuse me," He mumbled, barely audible.

He left the room, feeling very embarrassed. He realized something: When as he went closer from where everyone was eating, the crystal glowed even brighter! He kept his eyes on it, and then broke into a full run. Brighter and brigher until he was out side, where it was a full source of light. He managed to take his eyes off of the brilliant color and look around, his breathing heavy. There! Two people, Shanti and the scared boy. He ran towards them, excitement flowing within him.

Upon nearing them, they both looked up at Var, wondering what the rush was. The little boy was almost in another room, and Shanti stood there, talking with him. Var spoke: "I have to talk to you," he said to Shanti. He looked at the little boy, his eyes wide with fear. "Bring him too. I believe we all have something in common."

Grateful for his acceptance of her, Shanti's face radiates with joy. Almost instantaneously, the crystal shrouded by Shanti's robe begins to radiate heat again. Clasping the gemstone, she becomes away of the increasing vibration. What is going on? A gust of air draws her awareness to Avararda; who is running toward them. Immediately Shanti thinks of the boy Don't you'll scare him., but is overcome by a rush of energy surging through her body. "I have to talk to you," "Bring him too. I believe we all have something in common." she hears Avararda say. "What? Where do you want to go?" In her heart she knows she must go. She turns to the boy, "Will you come with us?". She again lowers herself to look him in the eye, "Please." she says more with her eyes than her voice.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

Var looked around, his patience wearing thin. "Nevermind, just listen," he said, urgency in his voice. He looked around, just in case someone was eavesdropping. He dropped his voice to a whisper. "I believe.. I believe that we are all related somehow. How, Im not sure, but I'm positive we are," he said to Shanti. Looking down at the boy, whose name he was unsure of, he said "Somehow, I think your in this too. Do you have a crystal or something your not sure why you have it?" Var showed him his crystal, giving him something to think about. Var hoped that the boy knew Galactic Basic, and not just Twi'lek. He hoped the crash hadn't impared the boy much or at all. He smiled at the little boy, hoping that he wouldn't scare him. He hadn't run away yet, but with little children, you could never be sure. Var returned his gaze to the crystal, hoping that this was the key. "Shanti, I believe you and I.. may have had the same parents," he said, confusion thick in every word. "You too," he said, looking at the boy. "By the way, my name is Var. What is yours?" Var tried to explain with hand gestures, then gave up. Maybe he'll understand my words, maybe not. One of us will just have to learn, he thought. "Will you both come to my ship? Its much better than outside, probably more comfortable, and it has food," he said, aiming the last remark at the boy with a smile. He waited for an answer.

The young boy looked at the man named Avararda in confusion. He for once understood the language he spoke. What was he talking about? Could they really be related? The boy heard him mention a crystal. He looked in his pockets and then around his shirt. When he patted the middle of his small chest, he felt some thing sharp. The boy reached out and pulled out a necklace. And on the necklace was a crystal. It was shaped of the two letters JK, they were connected back to back. The boy stared at the crystal, moments later he looked up at the man and saw a crystal on the mans neck. He then looked at the women,who was at his level, and saw the crystal hanging from her neck. The boy reached his hand out and grabbed on to the crystal and began to examine it.

" Crystal..."

The young boy agian looked back at his crystal. Then some thing happen, some thing that was unexplaned for now. The crystal glowed and then began to vibrate. It blew a wind into the boys face, making his air fly every where. With a sudden-powerful explosion of light and power, it tossed the boy to the ground.

" What...what..hap...end?"

A light made Var cover his eyes. When the light faded, the little boy was on the ground, more fear than ever. Var rushed to his side, and offered a hand to the fallen child. Var pulled him to his feet, and the boy looked at the crystal and said " What...what..hap...end?" So, the boy does know Galactic Basic. Sort of, Var thought. The boy looked in amazement at the crystal, then looked to Var and Shanti. Var decided the boy did not know enough of the human language, and he called to 77-LL on his link. "Seventy Seven, please come down to me. Thanks." Var said, and the droid said he'd be down in a second. As the droid neared, Var signaled at his position. The droid came, and Var spoke to it: "In Twi'lek, tell him that yes, that was a crystal. The crystal had a reaction, possibly because we are all related. Related means that we have a strong connection to each other, sort of. Tell him that he's welcome to come to my ship, if he wants to. I'll wait here until hedecides. Shanti, your welcome to. I believe we have much to talk about." 77-LL said these in words in a language Var never understood, and was glad that he had his droid with him.

Stunned, Shanti stands silent as Avararda and the boy exchange words. This is crazy. How... Looking down to the crystal dangling from her neck, she is captivated by it's color; the light eminating from it illuminating her bewildered face. This can't be true. This is something else. The day runs through her mind; the vibration of the crystal when she was overrun by emotions, the heat when she was with Jurha. Jurha... "Wait. I think we should talk to Jurha. She told me she can see the past. I don't know, I am just being pulled to talk to her. Maybe we should talk first then talk to her.", her speech broken by confusion. This is surreal. This morning I don't know where I come from and now I have siblings. Her body, heavy with disbelief, folds beneath her. "You don't understand, this isn't my life. Until two months ago, I lived a very happy, calm, wonderful life. My parents were educators. I was their only child. They loved me and took care of me. My life made sense. Now..." her voice cracks under the pressure of what is happening. Making no effort to divert them, tears engulf her face. She sits, her head up and her body quiet, gazing into her past. Though the picture is distorted, she sees Avararda's face in front of her own. Looking into his eyes, she senses a calm. "Is what you are saying real?" she whispers to him.

Shanti.jpg

Zeb simply shook his head, walking out of the room slowly with both of his fists clenched. The young child wanted to cry, but knew that would be a sign of weakness so he did not. The Zabraki child walked, almoast ran to his room, slamming the door shut behind him and locking it.

Zeb was confused and needed time to work out his emotions, so he simply laid down on the bed and closed his eyes. When sleep finnaly overtook him the young child was tormented with terrible dreams.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

Darex was curious as to why Var had left so quickly, but he shurgged it off. He had acted similar on Manaan when he had had a vision. He assumed that was the same thing that had happened to Var.

Darex liked hearing the stoires of the people around him. Not only did it help him feel more connected to all of them, but in everyone's stories, there was something that Darex could relate to. And for Darex, that something could be the footstool needed to start a long friendship.

"How long have you all been here and waiting for masters?" he asked in a friendly tone. At the statement, the old never-ending feelings of boredom and frustration arose once again in Darex, but he was getting more used to dealing with them. He quickly pushed them away and listened to the others.

FDY9u6P.png

((Edited: Didn't read Darex's post, sorry))

By the time Jurha and Darex had finished with their introductions, Armiena had eaten most of her meal. She was pleased that most of the mystery behind their pasts was now gone--she hated not knowing who her friends were.

Var got up abruptly to do... something. She couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency radiating off of him. Darex asked them how long they had been waiting for masters.

"Not long, really. I arrived at Manaan just before the Hopefuls were relocated here, so, not long at all." She had no idea what was going on at Manaan, if anything. For all she knew the Eternal Vigilance had been blown up by Imperials or the Sith.

She stared into the remains of her stew for a couple seconds, fork poised to pierce another piece of meat, when she pushed it away. She got up from the table, but not nearly as quickly as Var.

"Been nice talking to both of you," she said before leaving. "I'm going to go explore the rest of the Dojo for a little while."

Actually, Armiena knew exactly where she was heading. The Adept that greeted her as she left her ship showed her around the entire Dojo. He showed her to the library, but she never had the chance to actually go in. As she enters it, her jaw involuntarily drops when she sees the number of the media there. In the center of the room, a small cube is place on a pedestal, as though in were a point of honor. Age just radiated off of it.

"Is that... a Holocron?" she whispers in wonder. She can practically feel a force drawing her towards the relic, but she knew she didn't have the privilege of using such a device. Instead, she browses through the rest of it, occasionally taking a datacard from the shelves. Some of it, she knew was probably far beyond her minimal abilities, but she was confident that she would at least be able to comprehend the meditation techniques and basic manipulation skills.

Some time later, she leaves the library for her room, clutching a small pile of datacards.

drayyy.png

Jurha watched Armeina and Var leave almost abruptly. Jurha was only half way through her meal so she continued to eat. And wondered where they had gone off to, but was beginning to feel too tired to actively persue answers.

"Er, well I only got here this morning," she said awkwardly, "So I've hardly been waiting. How long have you been here?" she asked Darex.

She listened to his reply.

"You must be pretty advanced to be able to do what you were doing in the garden this morning. Everything I know about using the Force I've taught myself, so I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong."

Jurha finished her meal and pushed her plate away. She pulled her legs up to her chest in her seat and rested her chin on her knees. She hugged her knees in a earness, child like away.

"So Darex, tell me some cool Jedi-Padawan stories and adventures you've had."

jurhasiggy.bmp

He smiled. "All that I know I've taught myself except a few things that I learned on Hoth."

Darex laughed at Jurha's earnest words. "Well, I have fought a Sith before. It wasn't that exciting, but I guess it is a good story.

"I was on Hoth. I had a lightsaber...Master Ben'a Solo gave us each one when the base was under attack. Me and another hopeful, Skye (who is a Knight now, I'm sure), were forced out of the base. Anyway, to make a long story short, I came across a Jedi fighting a Sith. I felt that I had to step in. I attacked the Sith..." He faltered a little. He didn't like telling the part where he got beat up.

"Lord Montar hit me Force lightning. I couldn't move....it hurt a lot," he said, making an understatement. "Anyway, I managed to get back up. The Jedi had Montar on the ground and was talking to him. I didn't waste a moment...I attacked him. He rolled out of the way, knocked me back, and blasted off-planet.

"Anyway," Darex said, looking a litte embarrassed. "That's my most interesting story. I hope to have more though when I become an apprentice."

FDY9u6P.png

"Yeah, it's me, Dine." The R5 droid started whistling as Armiena opened the door to her room. She drops the small pile of datacards on her desk, then remembers her decision to lose her vibroshiv. She withdraws it from the sheathe on her body, and tosses it next to her blaster on the bed.

Next order of business: sorting out that pile of media she had carried all the way from the library. It was a much longer walk than she had thought... She sits down, and begins...

"Lightsaber construction..." she chuckles. "Save that one for much later, probably. Lightsaber combat techniques..." she considers setting that one aside as well, but wonders if she could adapt any of those techniques for vibroblade fighting.

"Here's one... meditation, relaxative, and refreshing techniques." She inserts the card into the datapad on the desk, and begins reading...

drayyy.png

A very small HLAF craft blipped into visibility just outside of the Borleais atmosphere. The ship moved at a high rate of speed, amplified to onlookers by it's small size. The way a hummingbird looks much quicker than it actually is because it's so small in comparison to the world around it.

The quick decent toward the planet took only a few minutes, and as the ship touched down, a small creature crawled from the cockpit, and leapt to the ground below.

As he fell toward the dirt, a sliver of his cloak caught the rough metal edges of his ship's canopy, knocking him off balance during his free-fall. The fall was only a couple of meters, but for him, it was quite a drop. The shift in his weight was almost enough to cause him to tumble onto his face, but the small green creature twisted his body into a forward roll with a half-twist that ended with him landing with his three toe'd feet firmly on the ground, and his weight centered perfectly above them.

"Hrmmph.." he muttered as he dusted himself off as he looked up at the offending piece of equipment and gathered his composure. It did not seem that this was the first time that the 'dismount' from his vehicle had given him some trouble

His long black hair, which he wore pulled into a braid that hung to the small of his back, was slightly disheveled from his long journey, and he spent a few minutes readjusting it and taming any stragling pieces. His long pointed ears twitched at surrounding noises as he attempted to ensure that he was safe from danger.

When he was finished, he rose to his full 3 foot height, adjusted his blaster holster on his side, and began to walk toward the only structure in site. On his small legs, it took quite a while for him to cross the distance between his landing spot and the temple, but his resolve was strong, and he did not seem to be in any rush. Having a life expectency of almost a millenium tends to make one extremely patient

Finally reaching the large durasteel doors, he knelt and closed his eyes to rest a few moments from his very long trip.

He focused his breathing and slowed his mind, allowing it to take in this place and the much longer path which layed before him. He had saught out this place for quite some time, and spent the last century of his life preparing himself to enter it.

Not enter this place exactly, but the place in his life where things would change. A place where he could grow spiritually within the force and physically through knowledge of the force.

The name of this creature that knelt in the soft earth was Ryn. He had entered the world alone....spent his entire life alone...and now, through the force, would never be alone again.

After more than 230 years of preparation....the time had come to make the first step.

He entered the large structure and called out in his mid-pitched, slightly raspy voice.

"Is anyone here....?"

-If you've done nothing wrong, and you are still losing, then you should play another game.-

yod.jpg

Armiena is settled on her bed, in a meditative posture.

Controlling her breath wasn't a problem for her. She knew well the benefits of slow, deep breaths, and had been forced to school her breathing habits in training. But calming herself, quieting her own body and mind... that was something else. She could just as easily create Force Lightning as she could quiet her thoughts.

Geez, stop thinking, Arm.... Hey, it worked! Oops, that was a thought.. It was like willing her own heart to stop... though that probably wasn't any difficult, for a Jedi.

But a Jedi, I'm not... As she focused on the sound of D9's head being swivelled around by tiny servomotors, all conscious thought slipped away...

...and the Force came rushing into her body with the power of a small thermal detonator.

"Wow. That's good stuff." And that was a "refreshing" technique? She felt like she had swallowed an entire Alderaanian vine-coffeeine plantation, thrantas and all! Her body had been ridden of all weariness, in just a few seconds. Or was it seconds?

"D9--how much time has passed?" She says aloud. She couldn't understand the R5's response, but that was definitely not a nonchalant "Not much." It was more like the prompt tone he used to report "31 minutes, 47 seconds."

With a sigh, she slips back into meditation again...

drayyy.png

Jurha listened to Darex's story.

"That was really brave attack a Sith Lord. What about Skye? What happened after the Sith Lord left Hoth? Aw, geez, I don't even know what happened on Hoth. Tell me, please. If it's not too much trouble."

jurhasiggy.bmp

Posting for trainer:

Dozens of wooden bamboo sticks slide in from a wall off to the east. Over head all hopefuls are called to the main fighting room.

A droid rolls in slowly and presents its directions. Pick a partner young ones, practice aim and harness what force you have to begin hand to hand combat.

Pick someone and begin now. Rolling away the droid stops and sits in a corner. From above three displays shoot down, each one broadcasting a move.

Parry, parry, block. The pattern continues, the droid once again transmits it's message.

Copy what you see. Begin learning your opponents next move.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

(OOC: Dont worry guys. What I'm about to do, I have cleared with Tarrian. Go ask her if you want. Akin is no longer with us.)

"Is what you are saying real?" she whispers to him. She had the look of confusion about her. Just as he was about to respond, the small boy made a squeaking sound. He look surprised, and the others looked at him. His eyes were wide, and he lurched, almost as if he was in pain. A growl sound was heard, and Akin lurched forward again. He fell to the ground and landed on all fours. Var and Shanti both stared, not knowing what to do. They backed up a few steps, then watched as a scream erupted from Akin's mouth. He sat upright, screamed some more, and then slumped over, stone dead. Var and Shanti looked at each other in awe, and then a form appeared over Akin's head. "I have fallen, a reason un known. You both were great friends, and I wish I'd not... passed on." Without waiting for a response, the form floated away.

After a few minutes, after the shock had left them both, Var continued his conversation. "It is very real. I don't know how, but we ARE related. I know this as a fact." Just then a robotic voice sounded over the dojo: "Pick a partner young ones. Practice, aim, and harness what force you have to begin hand to hand combat." Var looked at Shanti, trying to see what she would do. "I'm sorry, I must excuse myself. I'd like to get in all the training I can. We'll finish this later," he said, reffering to the crystals.

Var ran off to the place where the bot was, and he waited for someone to approach him and begin sparring.

Darex smiled. "Well...." he began. Suddenly an annoucement was braodcast over the intercom telling all hopefuls to go and train in combat.

He sighed. "Well, I guess the rest of the story will have to wait. Let's go."

As he walked to the training room, he felt depressed. I shouldn't be here. I'm like the old lady on the block that all the little kids come to for cookies and milk...I'm not doing anything.

He sighed again. This is exactly what we were doing on Hoth all that time ago. At the same time, though, there has to be somthing else I can learn, he thought, arguing with himself. But not against these people. I need a Master...story of my life though I guess.

He made up his mind. "Jurha, go ahead. I need to do something first."

She gave him an odd look, but he turned and walked back to his quarters. He then sat down at the comm center and sent a message to Skye.

Then he sighed, and headed back to the training room.

FDY9u6P.png