Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

Lost in the confusion which has erupted around her, Shanti looks to find some solace. "Would you like to come with us? I believe we still have stuff to sort out." she turns to hear Avararda and watches him walk out of the room. Unsure of what she should do, she knows she needs to leave this space. Following in Avararda's path, but at a much slower pace, she becomes aware of tremendous pain. She hasn't opened herself up, except to the other hopefuls she has met, so she confident it is coming from someone she knows. Her heart begins to ache so, that it causes her to come to a stop. She works to lessen it's grip on her by drawing her attention inward. The pain slowly begins to decrease. There is so much I need to talk to Avararda about. Again, she moves in the direction of Avararda. Shanti finds him seating next to Master Nahstaa; neither of them speaking. On the other side of Nahstaa, she sees the Jedi who had asked to speak with Armiena. While she is drawn to speak to Avararda, Shanti is longing for some calm in what recently became chaos. Without speaking she gracefully lowers herself to the ground, opposite Master Nahstaa and Avararda. As she slowly draws her breath in, her eyes close. Sweet peace.

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

"Welcome... It looks like you have both found yourself a master." Uncertain if what she hears is directed toward her, she allows her eyes to open. Master Nahstaa is looking her directly in the eye with a soft grin on his face. Her eyes dart to Avararda with an expression of disbelief. Before she can respond, she is overcome, once again, with immense pain. Zeb... "Are you alright?" Master Nahstaa asks of Shanti.

"No, something is very wrong with a friend. He needs me." her voice conveys her deep concern.

Knowing she may well be jeapordizing her apprenticeship, she exclaims. "I must go. I hope you will understand, but if not, I will."

She bows her head then quickly rises and runs toward the sleeping quarters. Not knowing where his room is, she allows her senses to direct her. As her body becomes almost unbearably hot and her heart feels as if will escape her body at any moment, she finds his room. Knocking on the door, she doesn't wait for a response; she pushes it open to find Zeb with his body pulled in tight and tears streaming down his face. Shanti kneels in front of him and places her hand on his shoulder. His pain is so great, she feels as if he is ripping in two.

"You aren't alone, Zeb. Please, if you will allow me, I will do whatever I can to help." her eyes plead with him to let her in. "What is wrong?"

Shanti.jpg

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

Aryian watched as only one student came over to learn. He was a bit disappointed, but that was their choice, not his.

The hopeful who now sat in front of him was a girl, still in her teenage years, with sandy brown hair. He beckoned her to stand and put on a suit and watched as she did so.

"Yes, it seems that I only get to teach you now...I am Aryian Darkfire, but you are not here to learn my name. You are here to learn to fight. A lightsaber is harder to wield than a bamboo pole for one reason only: the blade is weightless. It is very easy to slice off a limb or two in battle if you do not know what you are doing, so it is very important to train with a lightsaber, and not a physical object like a bamboo pole.

"I want you to learn three things in my short lesson, and it will be short, as I have a prior engagement. One: that lightsabers are tools, but this you probably already know. Two: fighting with a lightsaber is a LOT harder than it looks. And three: to not use only the lightsaber for attacks."

Aryian ignited the saber in his right hand, not adopting any fighting stance at all.

"Now, attack me."

Edited by Guest

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Darex was surprised at the sudden arrival of knights and masters. Guess all of those who were in training are suddenly finished.

He wandered around the room, talking to various people. Suddenly, he heard a voice inside his head. It can't be... he thought.

He glanced wildly around the room. There she was, standing in the doorway. His heartbeat sped up invouluntarily. Darex strode up to Skye and gave her a hug.

"It is so good to see you!" he said with a heart-felt tone. "How have you been? You seem...changed somehow."

Looking closely at her, he could tell that she had been through a lot during her training. He could see pain, trials, and confusion. He also sensed something else...something deeper. A quiet, personal joy that seemed to make her eyes glow.

He wrinkled his brow and waited for her to speak.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Nom knew the ship had landed at the Dojo. He could feel Skye leave. Nom wasn't up for mingling with lots of people just yet. Nom closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. Just as he was about to fall asleep, a fly decided to make its presance known. Nom flipped a hand in the air and tried to slap the fly away. It dodged Nom's hand and coutinued to zip along Nom's nose. It was being awfully persistant.

"get out of here," Nom said lazily. The fly still remained as present as ever. Nom called the force to him, sending a message into the fly, "Leave me"

The fly stopped in dead flight, turned around and zipped away towards the kitchen. Nom got up, he wasn't really that tired after all. Nom left the ship and took a deep breath.

It feels so good to get out of that ship.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"Er... If you say so..." Jurha said nervously. She quickly put on one of the training suits Aryian had previously mentioned. She pulled an elastic band off her wrist, pulled her hair back, and wrapped the band around her hair.

She picked up Aryian's lightsaber again. She sensed the intense feelings Aryian had for his weapon. Pride and dependency and surprisingly respect.

((Jurha can semi-detect the past of most objects she picks up. Usually just emotional finger prints left by the owner. Often the skill works for places too.))

Jurha ignited the blade and watched a beam of light grow out of the hilt. She waved it around a little realizing the weapon was infact weightless, aside from the handle.

"Okay," Jurha said steading her resolve, "Here I come."

She griped the blade in her right hand with her left behind it. She lunged forward stabbing from the hip at the center of Aryian's chest.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Aryian made no attempt to block as the blade passed straight through his chest. The look of suprise on Jurha's face finally brought a little sunshine to the previous sullen look he wore.

"Lightsabers have different frequencies, which can be attuned by the controls the particular person installs on his or her lightsaber."

He calmly stepped backwards, the harmless light blade exiting his chest, the only evidence it was ever there being a large glowing dot on the chest of his jumpsuit. He calmly batted at her lightsaber with his own, to which it resisted like a normal lightsaber should.

"Now as to your attack. I could have easily dodged that, and let you in your momentum pass me, thus slashing from the back and killing you. That would have been deadly for you. Now that you know the parameters of the sabers, attack me again, yet this time keep your guard up."

Aryian crouched to half his height, holding the saber like a dagger in his right hand, the left ready to step in with a punch if needed.

"Again."

His smile somehow soothed her to his strict-sounding instruction.

Blz1mwg.png

Zeb felt a hopelessness set into him, a dark well of despair that seemed to be unending. The young Zabrak saw through the blur of tears a shadow enter his room, but he was beyond caring. His father was dead, the child was away from everything he knew and wanted. When He heard Shanti's caring voice, he turned away.

The child did not want this human to think that he is weak. He knew what weakness ment and refused to let anyone think see that in him. The child tried to burry his dispare, failing misserably. The despair that Zeb felt was intense, but now he was shaking with the shame he felt for being this weak.

"N-nothing... I'm f-f-f-fine..." The child gasped between sobs. He felt as if he was having a nervous breakdown, but was unsure since he never had one before.

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

((OOC: I'm sorry i'm so lost. someone PM me please if you interacted with me and I missed it.))

Ryn ended the exercise the way he ended all exercises, by meditating on the events that just occurred to look for ways he could improve himself.

He waited for an opportunity to present itself to him or for further instruction.

-If you've done nothing wrong, and you are still losing, then you should play another game.-

yod.jpg

Jurha watched how Aryian held his lightsaber and mimiced him. She thought perhaps she'd be able to attack faster this way. Her left hand she held clenched near her face like a boxer, just like her father had trained her to.

She grinned. She stepped forward staying low and slashed the lightsaber horizontally from the outside across her body aiming again somewhere in the middle.

She began to feel the lightsaber opening up and beginning to tell her its secrets...

jurhasiggy.bmp

Armiena made off to tell Darex that she just got a Master, when it occurred to her that she knew that Camsie only had an E-Wing. Unless the Dojo had some shuttles on hand--and she absolutely hated most shuttles--her training with Master Camsie would be rather... cozy. The E-Wing was even smaller than an X-Wing, which was saying something.

Instead of heading towards Darex, she made off towards her room. D9 whistled curiously as she entered.

"You can bet your gears that something's up. I've got a Master, and unless I'm very mistaken, we're going to be heading off in the Princess. Head towards the ship, but don't go through pre-flight, yet."

D9 beeped cheerfully. He was even more eager than Armiena felt.

She made way for the astromech as he trundled through the door, and gathered her things. She tossed Var's blanket on top of D9's teapot dome as he left. Much plaintive whistling followed. She gathered her things--just her gunbelt and vibroshiv, as she figured that an Adept would likely return the borrowed datacards to the library.

She heads back to where she last saw Darex. He was speaking to a woman that she didn't know.

"Hey, Darex." She suddenly felt very self-conscious, wearing her blaster and vibroshiv publicly in front of so many Jedi. "I've got a Master, and I thought that I should say good-bye, at least for now." She remembered his impatience with his complete lack of training. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be chosen for training... soon." She smiled faintly.

drayyy.png

Shanti leans forward, allowing the weight of her body to rest against the side of his bed. With her left hand, she reaches around to his face, delicately positioning her fingers beneath Zeb's chin. With great care, she directs his face toward hers. Genlty gazing at Zeb, Shanti waits patiently for Zeb to receive her. After several minutes, he looks up; his face distorted with pain.

"I cannot help you unless you allow me to." she says with empathy.

She feels the struggle within him; the fear, shame and the overwhelming pain. She knows she cannot force him to open up to her.

"A great load is always easier to bear when it is shared."

She senses another wave rise through him; he looks away again. She pulls her left hand back as she adjusts herself so she is now sitting on the floor.

Moving her right hand over his, she says, "I will be here when you decide to help yourself."

She hears the muffled explosion continuing to erupt. Closing her eyes, she uses all her energy to try to open his heart and trust her.

Shanti.jpg

Turning from Skye, a huge grin split Darex's face.

"Congradulations, Armiena!" he said. "I wish you the best of luck and happiness...you'll make a great Jedi. I'm sure we'll meet again," he said, the grin still on his face, "but until then, good luck, and may the Force be with you."

He gave a crisp military salute that he had learned from imitating her, then quickly turned it into a hug. "Thanks. Good bye."

He turned back to Skye, waiting for her to reply.

FDY9u6P.png

Armiena returned Darex's salute crisply, and hugged him. She grinned as she withdrew.

"At ease, Darex. We'll have to meet when our training is over. But until then... May the Force be with you, as well." She smiled at him, then walked off in search of her master.

She found him meditating outside the Dojo. "Master, I'm ready," she says quietly from a respectful distance.

drayyy.png

Orrick stopped mid-step as he heard a familiar voice call his name. He turned, and a smile spread onto his face.

"Rann!" He turned and embraced his lost friend. He was reminded of a past where everything seemed simple and straightforward. Of course through most of that time, Orrick had had his master Adi-Wan guiding him. Maybe then, Adi-Wan faced the same confusion that Orrick felt now, and only appeared to know what was going on. Somehow, however, Orrick doubted this to be true. Adi-Wan was wise, and Orrick found it hard to believe he faced this doubt. This surprise, however, seemed to soothe Orrick's mind. He felt as if everything was lightened, like a burden had been lifted.

It had been a long time since Orrick had seen his companion. It seemed as if he had dissapeared from time and space, but now he stood before him as real as the very trees around him and the rocks beneath his feet. Many stories to tell, each of them had.

"Where've yah been yah little devil? I've been through hell and back since you've been gone."

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

"Good, always be wary with your defenses, even when attacking."

Aryian shoved off the floor, flipping over the slash and landing behind her. Spinnig quickly, he tried to catch her off guard with a strike to her legs.

((Mine apologies about not posting, but it will be few and far between until wednesday.))

Blz1mwg.png

((Quite alright.))

Jurha's brain numbed for a second while Aryian flipped above her. What? He's behind me. What? Keep spinning. Jurha continued with her slash going counter-clockwise in a spin, but wasn't thinking of much else besides turning around.

Suddenly and completely unaware of why Jurha jumped tucking her knees under her. She looked down to see Aryian's lightsaber pass beneath her.

How did I know to do that? Jurha thought. She landed staring at her feet wondering why she knew to jump then. She was distracted and off guard although her left arm was still up to defent her face if need be.

jurhasiggy.bmp

"Excellent."

Camsie stood, brushing the grass off of his jedi robes and making sure his lightsaber was secured on his waist.

"It has come to my attention that I don't have a two person shuttle, so I was hoping we would be able to take your ship."

Camsie let his presence briefly, and openly, skim over Armiena's thoughts.

"Ah, I see you have already anticipated this. Come along then."

With that, Camsie walked towards the dojo hangar.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

Isolder began to grow impatient.

Can't these people clearly see their dealing with roya . . .

The Blademaster quickly stopped those thoughts. He was a prince no more, and even when he was, people like the Jedi owed him no respect. They are dedicated to far more important things than bloodlines now. And so was he. Calmly, Isolder approached one of the Jedi, who looked to be wandering around aimlessly. (Ryn)

"Hello friend. My name is Isolder. May I ask what you're doing?"

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

Nom slowly made his way into the dojo. He walked in a rather lazily, he didn't really have anywhere to go. Nom eyed the mass of hopefuls intently. He could sense that they were all strong in the force. Rrather than going up to speak with one, Nom continued to trudge across the room and entered an empty champer. He was pleased to see that there was a droid in the corner.

Nom turned on the droid and the small ball of metal whizzed around the room. Nom closed his eyes and felt a ripple in the force. Nom was already in the process of ducking when a small stun laser shot out of the droid. The bolt of energy flew over his head. Nom was already on the move when the second bolt came flying at him. Nom jumped into the air as another bolt of energy came slicing through the air just beneath. Nom landed against the wall and pushed off against the hard surface, just as his feel left the wall, another energy blast struck the metal. Nom used that momentum to carry him into a dive towards the ground. Several more bolts of energy tore after him. Nom kept comming closer to the ground, and the bolts kept comming closer to the ground as well, fortunatly, Nom was just an inch closer.

Nom hit the ground with a thud, he used his remaining momentum to push himslef into a forward roll. He used the force to push his roll into gaining more speed. Nom shot across the room leaving a trail of energy bolts behind him. Nom exited his roll and lept into the air. He fliped just in time to avoid one last bolt. Nom landed on his feet right in front of the droid. Nom then switched the droid to rapid fire. Nom lept back and landed about ten meters away. A jade green pillar of light iluminated the darkness of the room. Nom stood at the ready with lightsaber in a raised position as the first of the lazers started to fire...

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"Me?" Ryn asked, slightly startled by the sudden presence of someone else.

"Just getting a feel for the place. My name is Ryn. Who might you be kind sir?" He asked with a low bow.

-If you've done nothing wrong, and you are still losing, then you should play another game.-

yod.jpg

Armiena grinned as they walked towards the Dojo's hangar. If she had

a choice, she wouldn't have it any other way than to use her own ship. As they passed through the door to the hangar, she resisted the urge to jump up and touch the ceiling. She was in a very good mood.

"The Stellar Princess," she announces, introducing her ship. "Typical Mon Cal construction--redundant systems, thorough, quality construction. Lightly armed, but, oh, can she take a beating..."

As they entered the MC-18, R5-D9's irritated whistling was audible, and his metallic frame came rolling towards them. Var's blanket was nowhere to be seen; he must have managed to get it off somehow. Armiena sighed; now was not the time she wanted to deal with an eccentric, disgruntled droid.

"And that's my copilot, R5-D9. He's long overdue for a memory wipe, so he's gotten a bit..." she paused, searching for an appropriate word, "quirky." She winced. "Quirky" was putting it lightly.

D9 didn't even notice Camsie for a couple of seconds. Finally, his optical sensor rotated towards him. He dropped his metallic tirade, and chirped a few times, actually sounding surprised."He's surprised... and pleased to meet you, Master." More whistling follows. "He's also curious as to whether he will be relieved of his duty as copilot. He's looking forward to some downtime, I guess."

drayyy.png

Aryian had to lean back to avoid the wayward blade as she jumped and spun. Now that he was facing her, he tried a crushing upper slash aimed at her neck. As he swung, he spoke.

"Good, but instead of just using your instincts, allow the force to control your movements, allow it to see for you where to move next, perhaps even attack for you."

Blz1mwg.png

Hou-Jo awoke in a new body... again. He did not agree with the whole cloning issue, but it was the only way to stay alive in a galaxy that held his purpose in life.

Hou-Jo picked up a data pad and typed in the design for his starfighter so it could be rebuilt. Until then, it was just he and Velhart...

((Sorry about my absence this weekend ))

Nahstaa sat, and didnt say a word. He would not punish anyone for going to anothers aid, but he could not continue without both of his apprentices. He decided to begin a lesson anyway...

Nahstaa's presence in the force shrunk inside him, as did his conciousness. He could sense all around him, but to his apprentice, he seemed totally lifeless. He did not breath, but used the force to sustain his body for a short time.

((Aight var, nahstaa is now a lifeless hunk of meat, whatcha gunna do???))

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Skye returned Darex's hug, as glad to see him as he was to see her. She couldn't help but grin at his reaction to seeing her after so long an absence. She observed him interact with another that had just become a padawan and smiled secretly. Darex hadn't caught on yet why she was there. After a while and seeing that most of the others had left the training room Skye linked her arm though Darex's.

”œWalk with me for a while”¦ tell me what you've been up to and what you've learnt while I've been away”¦ and how is Ish? I didn't see him here.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The two walked around the Dojo, crossing through the rock garden, and then heading to Darex's favorite spot: the walkway lined with trees and statues.

As they walked, they talked. "Ish is in training right now to be a Jedi Knight. I haven't seen him since he left, but I'm sure he's nearing Knighthood. His master is a man named Mathis Qui Gon, I believe."

"What I've learned?" he asked. "Well, I was under the impression that the purpose of this Dojo was to give hopefuls basic training before they were taken as apprentices. However, we have had no classes my entire time here. Master Calen Nova tried to start a class, but it didn't go anywhere. I've been trying to teach myself a few things, but it's kind of a hard thing to do," he said with a smile. "All I've done is expanded on some principles that we learned on Hoth."

Darex was enjoying himself. Just being in Skye's presence was soothing, calming his anxiety and frustration at his situation. Turning to glance at the trees, he could feel the life in them. He reached out for the Force, and it came readily to him, allowing him to take in the full beauty that the trees had to offer. "This is my favorite place in the Dojo," he said to Skye, curious to see what she thought of it.

Darex turned to her, an odd expression entering his eyes. "What about you, Skye? How have you been? I can tell that there is something different about you. What has happened since we've seen each other last?"

FDY9u6P.png

Leo calls for an end to the training session.

"You have done well. But like all techniques it needs to be perfected with practice. Come let us find a friend. A friend who I have not met yet, but soon will do, if that makes any sense to you."

Leo heads out to find Aryian. Soon he stands behgind the man watching him train someone.

"How funny to train when you yourself are not yet done."

asdfgcopy.jpg