Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

Stepping in, Calen smiled at the statement from Obsidian, "Curiosity is also the protector of all jedi. A jedi with out curiosity would never learn about the world around them, or obtain knowledge about their enemy."

Taking a seat, the Jedi sat his staff down to his side, "The more you know about the Sith, the more you can do to defend against them. Know their techniques, and then you know the counters. In the art of war, knowing your enemy is key...."

"The Shadows will arise...."

Darex spoke up. "But at the same time, don't you think that knowing Sith techniques will increase the temptation to turn to the Dark Side? I've heard of Jedi that use Dark Side powers for good, but they are very strong and can withstand the dark effects of using the powers. I don't mean to disagree, Master," he said, nodding to Calen, "but I'm wondering if teaching the Dark Side's techniques would be wise--at least for hopefuls such as us."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Having no intention on inturrupting Neo's lecture, Calen simply stated this, "The techniques of the Sith are merely actions young one. They hold no evil or good in them, just like the techniques of the Jedi. Learning such techniques would be no different than how to weild a lightsaber."

"The only difference is what you make of the technique. If you see the technique as a simple action, and use it in accordance to the standards of the Jedi, then there will be no darkside for you to be tempted by...."

OOC: Please refer to me in RP as Armiena, unless in OOC. If it makes you feel better, use bold.

Did I say what I think I just said? She thinks back the last few seconds.

Sithspit. I did. She didn't want people to be drawing conclusions from her statement, especially Neo. True, she had a personal grudge against the Sith, but if Neo really had left them.... she had no quarrel with him.

She had no desire to learn Sith techniques, but if learning about how they operated would aid her in fighting them, so be it.

drayyy.png

Eli rushed into the room and skidded to a halt. Seeing everyone seated in front of Neo she blushed,

"I'm so sorry," Eli bowed and stood, "I was checking on my room and didn't realize that I had spent so long there. If you'll permit I'd still like to stay to learn about the sith." Scum. She thought, Sithscum. She looked at Neo not sure whether to direct her request to him or Master Calen.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Ish smiled at Dacheats answer. He was quite sure within himself that the techniques could basically go either way. Some force powers that a Sith would normally use would or could come in handy for Jedi. He glanced back at Neo who had not yet even spoken, though he question was already basically answered.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Camsie sat quietly, not one to ask questions. Several disturbing images wormed into his mind at Neo's description of the Sith. And Camsie shuddered at the thought of learning those abilities.

"They're only actions..." Camsie whispered to himself quietly.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

"Eli, I am sensing that you have a question, I could answer it for you."

He looked over the crowd, and slightly nodded, they seemed to accept Neo, which was good. He needed this, for his self-esteem was very low by doubting himself. He needed to have peace, calmness, and sane hopefuls. He stared back to the crowd.

"I was a Sith, but when I went over to the Sith, I was calm as ever. Just like us. Even my master pointed out this, but I knew one day that I would be coming back, I just didn't know when. That is why I am calm, and keep to myself. So if any of you think that I am a spy, you are wrong. I needed to leave that horrid race, the Sith are pigs, you and me are calm considerate, and don't think the other person is wrong on what they do. Just for your information. Now Eli, back to your question."

tru7h.jpg

Eli smiled as she moved forward and sat down, "I'm glad to see that you agree that the Sith are pigs, and, if you were implying that I thought you were a spy you're wrong. Maybe it means that I'm getting slow, but I hadn't even thought of it. You were right about my question however, Why have you joined the jedi, are you a spy for us then?"

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

"I have joined the Jedi to get away from the fighting, to get away from the hate. I have joined your kind, to make me a better person, to make me a calmer, more understandable person."

He looked deep into the eyes of Eli, he smiled at her. In this smile, he included two things, that he liked her knowledge, and that he liked her personality, how she went around things, how she answered her questions with reasonable answers. He got up from the chair and started to walk around again.

"Anyone else?"

tru7h.jpg

"Very good question. They do show love, they are compassionate at times, but nothing that we would ever imagine. You could say that they are happy at times, but usually they are down, and don't really care about things, they just want to kill. They want to do whatever they can to get more power. That is all that I know."

Neo sat back down in his chair, seeing if anyone had anymore questions.

tru7h.jpg

"I was in the Sith for a little less than a year, by the time 10 months came, I was already to leave, but wasn't granted the chance. I finally got out of it as you see, and am right here with you on my way to Knightship for the Jedi Order."

He stayed seated and waited.

tru7h.jpg

"I know what any average Sith should know, I know force techniques, how they move where they move and their locations. I know who is in the Sith Order, and I know how they react, I am not telling you this because my Master only instructed me to tell how to defend, and fight against the pigs. I was not instructed to tell you everyone in the Sith Order."

He sat down slowly nodding his head, he liked this guy too, curious he was.

tru7h.jpg

Ish raised his hand slightly as it seemed everyone was asking questions and he didn't wish to take up too much time. As he raised he was met with a glance by Neo. He assumed it was his cue to ask. "To defend against the Sith, should we learn special lightsaber or force techniques, or is it more of a mental toughness that is need?"

ish2hh6.jpg

"Don't be persuaded, don't give in to the Sith's hate, and how the appeal. When you first see one, the may act strong, and cocky, but underneath all they are, are little kids looking for their mom. Just fight like a normal Jedi, show them the right path and you did your job."

Neo looked back to Ish.

"Just don't give in, and you will be more powerful then them."

tru7h.jpg

Camsie smiled under his breath at Master Calen's comment. Neo seemed to preach about how not to give in to your hate, while Master Calen seemed to be a straight forward sort of jedi, Camsie had to say he liked Neo's preaching more. It sounded much less violent.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

Entering Borleais's atmosphere, Mathis squints over the horizon in search of where the dojo is located. He had already punched the coordinates in, and the mountain range soon comes into view. Flying over it, he spots a the building that was his destination. Sweeping back around, he soon descends and lands his ship.

Stepping off of his ship, Mathis is met by one of the adepts.

"What can I do for you?"

"I am Jedi Knight Mathis qui Gon. I have come here is search of a hopeful to take as my padawan."

"Very well. If you can come with me..."

Following the adept, Mathis gets a bit of a tour on his way to meet the hopefuls. Slowing his pace down a little, he takes his time to get a good look at the statues lining the walkway. Reaching the last one, he notes that the adept had stopped to wait for him. Flashing an apologetic grin, he sticks with the adept as they continue walking.

This place is really beautiful. I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life here.

As the adept stopped again, Mathis is broken out of his silent contemplation. Looking at the adept for a moment, he realizes that he had been led to his destination.

"They are inside, with Master Calen Nova."

"Thank you. May the Force be with you."

Giving the adept a little bow, Mathis enters the building. Reaching out through the Force, he quickly ascertains the exact location of all of the hopefuls. Moving closer to the room, he uses the Force to listen in on the lesson that was being taught. Paying close attention to the hopeful's questions, he starts to think about which one he would like to take on as an apprentice.

OOC: PM me if interested.

mathis-1.jpg

Ish figured that both sets of advice were the key to defense against a Sith. He cleared as he had come to the conclusion of his queries on the Sith. Ish was ready to take on the next bit of information Neo would give out.

ish2hh6.jpg

Darex listened to what Neo had to say and the good questions from his fellow hopefuls.

Suddenly, he noticed a new Jedi came striding into the room (Mathis). He briefly wondered what the man was here for. He didn't look like a hopeful. Darex assumed that he was another Jedi here to give classes like Master Calen. He then noticed Scorp come in. Darex hadn't seen him since Hoth, but still recognized him.

Scorp must be the new Jedi's apprentice, he concluded when neither of the new arrivals spoke up. I'm glad for him. He was on Hoth before I was. He's been waiting a long time.

Darex didn't know how long Scorp had been in training, but he guessed that his friend was nearing Knighthood.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Eli smiled at Neo and raised her eyebrow slightly. She had a feeling that the jedi hadn't spoken of her other question, about being a spy. At least the guy knows when to answer questions and when not to, Eli thought. Not wanting to be forward, wanting to change the subject, and quite tired of sitting Eli asked as politely as she could,

"I'm curious to know, are you going to be teaching Sith techniques or, will we just be told how to use them?" She directed her question toward Neo, but she half expected Master Calen to interject, answering the question for him.

"It is what Master Calen asks of me. I will not teach them to you, unless you are my apprentice, and ask me."

He looked over to his Master and got up from his seat. He spoke into his ear softly.

"I believe I answered all the questions I can, for now."

tru7h.jpg

Calen nodded at Neo's comment, "Very well. Meet me in my private chambers when you have some time. There is much we need to do."

With that he made his way to the front of the class, "Alright young ones, I hope you have learned much today. Tomorrow we will begin with your force training and fitness training. Until then, do what you wish."

Moving over to Eli, the Jedi looked down, "I remember you wishing to speak with me when we had some time. Please walk with me." With that he began down the hall....