Tython

In Kitt's mind, Coruscant would actually be the safest spot for any Jedi to begin their travels, as with the Galactic Alliance still in the beginning stages of forming and the mass amount of people on the planet, finding a lone Jedi would be difficult. Let alone, finding a group of them. No, Tirius would be fine. Kitt was sure of that. If not, hopefully the training Kitt provided him with would be enough for survival.

"Very well then. You can go. Keep your comlink active."

Kitt then continued himself to walk out of the Tython Temple and into the forest with his apprentice Dean. With luck, they would arrive at Ashla within ten minutes if the two could keep a brisk walk going the entire time.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

"I will, Master," Tirius promised. He hurried off, eager to get back to his ship. Having made the journey several times before, he found the going easier. It was nice to have some time to think. Long periods of meditation were usually very helpful, but all that one learned could go to waste if they did not revisit the subjects frequently. Even with only the short distraction of having spoken to Kitt, Tirius found reminding himself of what he had learned was a way of reinforcing it. Only through enough times such as these could something actually change his behavior or the way he viewed the Force and the galaxy.

At length his walk came to an end and he found the Xanadu waiting for him where he'd left it. Soon, he was aboard, and he checked his comms to make sure he knew what was going on with the rest of his affairs. It didn't take long for him to get caught up, now that he was out of the communciations blackout zone. Soon, he had lifted the ship off and jumped into hyperspace.

Darla was so glad to have Skye with her. As her healing energies flowed into Darla she calmed and became at ease. Her children were safe, she was safe and her friends were safe. That was all that she could wish for. It took a good friend however to make her realise that.

"Thanks Skye... I would like you to teach me how to protect them. My connection to the Lightside is still weak, but I want to try. Whatever I can do to protect them I will."

Deep inside she knew that if anything was going to make her determined to regain all that she had lost, it was her children that would. More importantly, the need to protect them would be the thing that pushed her. This might have been exactly what she needed.

"I'm so exhausted. It's been one hell of a day. I'm just glad that the two of you are here with me." Darla gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. "Let's all get some rest. If it's not taking you away from your Padawan, perhaps you could teach me some of those techniques tomorrow?"

Darla squeezed Skye's shoulder and smiled at her as they parted.

Once she was alone with Darex she walked over to him and pressed her head against his chest. For a little while she just stood there in silence and held on to him.

"I'm so so sorry. I'm really going to try, I want to learn to control my feelings... I mean re-learn how to control my feelings. I used to have handle on this. I don't mean to use this as an excuse or anything, but my hormones are seriously all over the place at the moment. Perhaps some Jedi focussing techniques would help me. Just to get me centred and in stable. Plus if anyone knows about Force sensitive kids and keeping them protected it's Skye. I'd feel a lot more secure knowing that I had the capacity to keep them safe from any kind of psychic attack."

After a long and eventful day Darla washed herself up, got into some clean night clothes and lay down to sleep. She was glad to have Darex at her side and nuzzled into him as she drifted off.

What a day...

The next day she awoke, the negative feelings from the previous day seeming like a hazy dream. Darex was still asleep, which meant that she had woken up early indeed. He had usually already woken and done some exercise by the time Darla came around. That was good though, it gave her a chance to do something nice for him.

She had never been a great chef, but Darla tried her best to make Darex breakfast from the food that Skye had packed for them in her many bags of gifts. To go with it she made a pot of Caff, pouring a little for herself. Knowing that she really should cut back on it during her pregnancy.

As she came back to bed with a tray of food and cups of Caff Darex was just coming around. He must have heard her coming.

"Good morning handsome." She smiled at him.

Sunlight was creeping into the room, his hair was a mess and there was stubble around his usually quite neat goatee, but he had never looked better as far as Darla was concerned. She grinned at the father of her children and held out the tray.

"Sit up tiger, I made you breakfast. It;s not quite up to what you'd get from Skye, but I'm learning."

As she place the tray down in bis lap, she noticed that doors data unit was glowing an indicator to let them know that a message had been left for them. Wondering who had left them a message in the night, Darla walked over and hit the button on the door that would play the message.

"I have been asked to join a mission on behalf of the jedi counsel, and so I don't have time to catch up as I'd hoped. Until we meet again my friends, stay safe. There is a lot that I want to say to both of you, but in-truth, none of it needs to be said. I know that in all the universe I have no better friends then the two of you. No matter how difficult things become, remember, I remain your friend always."

Darla was a little sad as she heard his words. It had been so long since she had seen Fynn and now he was gone again. It was good to know that hit no longer harboured bitterness towards her though. She knew that she would see him again and that he was in good place.

Once the message had played climbed back into bed with Darex.

"Wow.. He's gone already. I guess we'll catch with him sometime soon. I'm just glad to know that he's going alright."

She squeezed Darex's arm as she sipped on her Caff.

Rannrsig.jpg

Trushaun heard Xae's message alright. But she did not want to be rude, so she would stay with Roene and His apprentice. As she awoke she noticed that Roene was already awake, Mediating. She took a moment to consider following Xae-Lin's assignment right now, or later. Ultimately she decided to learn. After all, the skills she would use here today would save her planet. Not her saber skills. No matter.

Her stomach rumbled slightly. One good thing about being a naturalist; you could eat whenever your body needed. Summoning the Force she grew a strawberry plant rather quickly and helped the berries mature and swell. Picking the plant of the berries, she split them into three equal shares. Guiding Roene's and his apprentice's to them through the Force she avoided any ruckus. After she finished her berries, she followed Roene in meditation. Trushaun felt the earth upon which she sat. She felt the planet's sun warming the surface, the morning dew evaporating under it's heat. The animal's rising from their slumber. It was a warm feeling in her heart to be able to feel all of this happening around her.

Trushauncopy3.png

((Where is my apprentice?))

After a very brisk walk, Kitt and Dean made it into Ashla. Walking into the communication center in the city, Kitt was quick to greet one of the workers, whom knew the Jedi Master well. After happy hug and hellos the communications tech, Haroet, gave some details of the news breaking out over the galaxy before opening up the holonet for the Jedi master to see for himself. Kitt remained quiet as he contemplated over the many situations.

"Naboo is, while populated, it's very remote. I wonder why such an attack would do to gain someone anything? And Kashyyyk? The Jedi relationship we have with them puts us at an odd place to actually do some even close. It may be that someone is trying to get out attention. Either way, they have it now. Haroet, send someone you trust to the Jedi temple within the blackout zone. Inform Masters Scorp and Darex of the situation and that I am heading off to Kashyyyk. I will contact them shortly after my arrival."

Kitt hoped that the communications would be up and running at that point. If not, he would be on his own. He paused as he looked at Dean. Turning back around towards Haroet he gave his friend one last set of instructions.

"You are also familiar with Roene my former apprentice during the Temple's building process? Send word to him to report to Naboo to offer his aid."

Kitt then directed Dean towards the landing platforms, one of which was a housing for the Jedi Aces. This platform was always under watch and lock unless a Jedi accessed it. As they slowly mounted their starfighters, Kitt took a moment to stretch out his perceptions to see if someone could actually feel the Jedi Temple's presence on Tython without looking for it. No... It just felt like the Force with a hint that it favored the Light Side. This provided Kitt with comfort in knowing that the Temple could not be found by anyone who is not a Force User, and even a Force user would have to know what they were looking for. After his engines were warmed up, Kitt lifted up and took of for Kashyyyk.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

It took him a while to fall asleep, his mind going over what had happened during the day, admitting his fears and letting them pass away. It was easier for Darex to feel clear-headed here; the Force came to him smoothly and easily, and was calmer here in the new temple than almost anywhere else in the galaxy.

When he finally did fall asleep, he slept quite soundly. It was always nice for him to be in a place of safety; his normal sleeping habit was to always keep one portion of his mind alert for any danger. But here there was no need for that, and so he slept long and deep.

He woke to the smell of food and saw Darla come in bearing a laden tray. The sunlight hit her, and between the tray of food, the smile on her lovely face, and the smooth curve of her pregnant belly beneath her pajamas, Darex didn't think he had ever seen a more beautiful sight. "Good morning to you too," he said with a grin.

He took the tray that she handed to him and inspected it. The food looked amazing. He took a few bites and was rewarded. "This is really good, Darla." He was very pleased. He hadn't known she could cook. In his mind, she was quite good.

She played the message from Fynn as he ate. Darex was glad that Fynn had taken on a mission. He was the type of Jedi who needed to be active and moving, and Darex knew the missions would be an excellent way for him to continue to make amends. Not that he really needed to as far as the Jedi Master was concerned, but he understood that Fynn felt as if his repayment was neverending.

As Darla climbed back into bed beside him and squeezed his arm, Darex smiled again and reached his arm around her. "Thanks for the breakfast," he said, giving her a kiss on the nose. "What are your plans for today? Anything in particular that you want to do?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darla was glad that Darex liked the food that she had made. He wasn't just pretending to enjoy it for her benefit either. That much she could tell. Maybe this whole cooking thing was as difficult as she's thought.

After joining him in bed and voicing her feelings about Fynn, Darex simply kissed her on the nose and asked her what her plans were for the day. Glad that awkwardness of the day before was gone, not to mention the anguish of Julio's invasion, Darla nestled her head on Darex's shoulder as she thought.

"Well, if Skye is free I'd like her to teach me some techniques to sheild the babies. I feel like maybe I'm taking her away from Nishant, so I don;t want to trouble her if she's busy. I was also wondering if she could show me any safe exercise that I can do. I'm feeling pretty weak and vulnerable at the moment. I know that we're safe here, but I'm still rather be at my strongest for the babies sake's. Both for now and when their born."

Rannrsig.jpg

"Thank you master, the honor is all mine."

Dahar relied on the Force and the resources it provided him, he had no belongings to pack. All the equipment he used was on him at all times, including his trusted amethyst saber at his hip.

On his way out he stopped once more in the courtyard. He went to his favorite tree and placed his hand on it, imparting what he could of himself into the tree. He hoped that future Jedi would find peace and serenity there.

Dahar found Master Kirlocca heading out of the temple.

"Master Kirlocca, are you ready? Shall we make the walk to Ashla together?"

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

Darex was amused at her words. "You know, I can think of another Jedi Master who would be quite willing to teach you the techniques as well." He wondered why she seemed willing to learn from Skye but not from him. His first inclination was that she didn't think he was a good teacher, but despite his track record, he pushed the thought away as soon as it had come.

He pushed on. "But I'm sure she will be able to show you somethings that will strengthen you. I think that's a great idea. Besides, I feel like I saw something once that said it was important for a woman to stay healthy during pregnancy." He frowned. "And I'm pretty sure it mentioned no caf."

He took the mug from her and set it on his now empty tray. Rising, he took the dishes over to the sink. He rinsed them and stuck them in the automated dish cleanser. The machine vibrated for thirty second then chimed to announce that it was finished, whereupon he grabbed the clean, dry dishes and put them away. Then he stretched. "Guess I'd better get dressed."

He headed into the 'fresher and took a quick sanisteam, opting to forego his run this morning with plans to get some lightsaber practice in later on in the day. He shaved and dressed in a clean tunic and pants, then came out toweling his hair.

"I thought of another name we can add to our list," he said, sitting down on the edge of the bed to clean his boots. "Jace or Jax for a boy."

FDY9u6P.png

After a long series of channels attempted, a comm was forwarded to Ashla.

.:Incoming Comm From the Senate Office Building:.

"The Galactic Senate would like to remind you that the Advisory Council will be meeting shortly. If you wish your presence and voice to be heard, make sure the be there."

.:Incoming Comm From the Senate Office Building:.

((Not sure if the communications are up yet for the Jedi, or if they have someone they plan to represent them, but this is the call sent forth.))

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

((Eh, sorry for the double post.))

Kirlocca smiled as Dahar meet up with him outside of the Temple. For some reason, he was relived to know that another would learn Wru'torr. He couldn't explain why, but the feeling was indeed there.

<< Let's be on the move. There is a transport leaving from the Ashla starport in twenty minutes. It's making a stop at Gala. >>

It wouldn't take them twenty minutes to get there, but he wanted to make sure there was time to get settled in the transport before it took off. He felt weird for a moment of leaving his own fighter behind, but he knew that 41D could manage to slave it to Gala.

((I'll let you make the post leaving Tython.))

"You know, I can think of another Jedi Master who would be quite willing to teach you the techniques as well."

"But I'm sure she will be able to show you somethings that will strengthen you. I think that's a great idea. Besides, I feel like I saw something once that said it was important for a woman to stay healthy during pregnancy." He frowned. "And I'm pretty sure it mentioned no caf."

When the caf was taken away from her Darla wanted to resist, but she knew that it wasn't good for the babies. She would have to switch to drinking something else instead. Skye would know a better alternative, perhaps some type of tea?

Darla hadn't thought about asking Darex. She had just thought that it would be a technique that Skye had learned during her own pregnancy. Darex really did want to help, she acknowledged that. Their views on the Force differed so radically she was worried that if he tried to teach her anything they may end up arguing about how differently they saw things.

"Sorry... I didn't think to ask you. I thought you know, Skye would know more about protecting babies I guess. Plus we've never really done anything like that together. My training was years ago... Jedi and Sith. I'd like to just let it all go, but with people threatening the kids I can't. Maybe there are some things you could teach me. I'm willing to learn for their sakes."

It would be good to talk to Skye, she what she knew first. Also she could help Darla to to do some safe physical exercise. Darla was very glad that her best friend happened to also be the best Doctor.

Darex head to the fresher and then got dressed. When he returned he had more to say to Darla.

"I thought of another name we can add to our list," he said, sitting down on the edge of the bed to clean his boots. "Jace or Jax for a boy."

"I like Jace, not too sure about Jax. But Jace for sure." She smiled at Darex. "So what are your plans for the day? Important Jedi business?"

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex shook his head. "Shouldn't be too bad. We don't have a meeting scheduled for today, so I'll only have to deal with something if it comes up. Otherwise, I don't have any plans for the day."

It was weird for him to say that. He knew that Kitt felt that there was a benefit to having all the Jedi stick around here for a little while. He knew it would promote unity, but otherwise he was unsure of the Grandmaster's motivation. Regardless, Darex was going to do his part and be the model Jedi by staying here. Truth be told, Darex wanted to do something, but he wasn't sure what. He was open to taking an apprentice, but there weren't many hopefuls around in need of a master. And while there were many circumstances around the galaxy now that could use his help, there were also Jedi teams being sent all over the place.

His comm beeped once, sending him Kitt's message about Kashyyyk. There was the perfect example of what he had just been thinking about. But he also knew that until these babies were born--and even for a few years afterward--he might have to take up a more advisory role within the Order. That was fine by him; he would almost always rather meditate than fight. But he also did need something to keep him active and engaged. He wasn't about to sit and stagnate.

He smiled over at Darla. "Whenever you want, I can show you some of the techniques, including the one I used last night. You should have no problem picking them up." He paused. "And later, what do you say to taking a walk with me? There is supposed to be a natural waterfall about a fifteen minute hike from the Temple that is quite lovely." He was interested in going out into the forest and experiencing the world a bit more. He didn't know if Darla would be interested, but he figured he would invite her to go with him, if only for the fact that when they were apart he couldn't get her off his mind.

FDY9u6P.png

After a little more time had passed, Onderin decided it had been long enough. "I think the communications are up, or at least they will be by the time we get to Ashla," he said. "Let's head out."

The Jedi Master immediately started to head toward the edge of the forest dividing the Jedi Temple from the city. He'd only made the walk once, but knew it wasn't difficult or dangerous. It was just a security precaution, and it helped Jedi to gather their thoughts and focus on the Force before approaching Temple grounds. A pragmatic man with years of war experience, Onderin appreciated the dual purpose, even if it had the tendency to make a hurried Jedi impatient.

Onderin was eager to get to Ilum and save the Jedi spirits, but for the moment he was content to be working toward the goal. Having all this down time at the Temple was a very different thing for him. Before, any time spent outside of actual conflict with the Empire was drowned in administrative matters. In a way, he was surprised he hadn't trained more padawans during his time as Admiral just to break up the monotony.

He glanced at Aira, wondering if she was going through the same things as he after a much shorter time at war. Still, he didn't say anything, content to watch her and make sure his teachings and the war hadn't damaged her ability to be the best Jedi she could.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"Thanks Skye... I would like you to teach me how to protect them. My connection to the Lightside is still weak, but I want to try. Whatever I can do to protect them I will."

Once Skye had finished with her examination of the twins and Darla she stepped back to look at both parents. "I can teach you a few techniques for protecting your twins Darla, and I'm sure that Darex will reinforce you with it as well."

"I'm so exhausted. It's been one hell of a day. I'm just glad that the two of you are here with me." Darla gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. "Let's all get some rest. If it's not taking you away from your Padawan, perhaps you could teach me some of those techniques tomorrow?"

Darla squeezed Skye's shoulder and smiled at her as they parted.

"Take it easy and make sure you do rest. I'll see you tomorrow." Skye said to Darla, then to Darex she added, "I'm sure you'll make sure she behaves herself?" this was said with a wink and a smile. "I'll leave you two alone. See you tomorrow." With those words she turned and left her two friends alone. She closed the door behind her and headed back towards her door.

As she reached her allocated room, Skye noticed that her bags had been moved inside. The feel of it was from her Padawan. As she entered she noticed a datapad in which he had left, saying that he was going to Coruscant. It was an interesting sense she got from touching the datapad though she took him at his word. Stretching out her senses she gave her blessing and that she hoped he would remain safe.

It had been a long day for her as well so Skye decided to rest also. The kitchenette within her quarters had been stocked so she prepared herself a meal, had it, then showered and lay down to rest for the night.

((OOC:: RL continues to be crazy and the 'stress levels' have been added to as well. Due to this my posting will be sporadic I am sorry to say. If you need me to post, please be patient with me. Just let me know and I'll see if I can squeeze a post in. ))

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Roene rested among the grass gently and listened to the wind as it played beautifully across his ears. He could feel the shifts in pressure from the left to the right side and the leaves as they shuffled across the Tython forest floor.

He let his thoughts soften beneath the surface of his mind and felt the physicality of his body floating away into the emerald luxury of the forest's magical atmosphere. He could feel the breaths of his padawan slowly harmonizing with that of the lives swarming around him and felt at peace with his surroundings.

Something drew his attention though as the Cerean managed to achieve serene focus. His eyes darted open and he quickly got to his feet in time to catch footsteps crackling upon the leaf covered floor of the forest.

Roene hadn't the foggiest as to who exactly had invaded the perimeter of their campsite, but since he had set up a ward to prohibit the entrance of any hostile creature, he figured it had to be someone from the temple.

Given their physical vitals, the gait upon which they stole their pace and the intent with which they moved, Roene could sense their motivation; a motivation that was led by practical and sentient means.

So Roene's stance softened, but he still kept wary for the defense of his companions. It wasn't until Haroet joined the camp that Roene let his guard down fully and met the man without prejudice.

"Greetings Haroet, how fares master Kitt?" Roene asked plaintively with none but respect for his master echoing through his words.

Haroet's gaze nervously darted from one padawan to another before he met Roene's in confession. "Actually Master... Roene is it? That is why I am here."

Roene's brow furrowed for a moment in puzzled curiosity, but with a faint reading of the man's surface tension, the color of his thoughts read of disturbing news. Roene felt several wounds in the galaxy that were distant but throbbing in his mind's eye, but he had nothing to attach the distress to. Perhaps Haroet had some explanation?

"Speak plainly Haroet, I would have no secrets or subtleties here." Roene replied in a stern and scholarly fashion, as he often did for his students, "What has happened that draws my attention?"

Haroet's expression turned from curious speculation directly through the gambit of sorrowful repression and back to his original business-like facade. "I-I-uh, Grandmaster Kitt, has asked that you gather your things and go to help Naboo. It has been attacked recently in an upsurge of violent activity in the galaxy. No one seems to know the identity of the tumultuous gang of ruffians that dispersed themselves amidst key positions in the galaxy, but signs of destruction on Bespin, Kashyyyk and Naboo indicate that some practiced hand was at work here. I am here to regale you upon Kitt's request that you be sent to Naboo."

Roene stood and probed the soil beneath his feet for answers. He couldn't see reason for senseless destruction, but the galactic wounds that resonated so strongly before him began to make sense and now that he stood in a position to resolve them, he felt all the better for the chance to help.

"I will do what I can Haroet, see to it that Kitt hears of this." Roene said promptly, cutting off any response from Haroet as the Cerean began to gather all of his things and organize the remnants of his and his companions' campsite.

It seemed like Roene and Elnia had just touched down on Tython barely a week ago and already they were leaving. Still, a duty was a duty, no matter how out of the way it was.

When everything was packed an raring to go, the Cearean took a moment to linger around the camp and let out a rather large whistle of sorts, amplified through the force as it propagated through the air and out into the wild. His ward was dropped around the same time so Tyue could rejoin the party without hassle.

The only trouble that Roene now had was what to do with Tru, who seemed to feel a connection to the planet.

Roene had barely even met the Avian sentient and even while he held his sleeping padawan, his pup and the remnants of his campsite, using the force for any assistance that was needed, he still held his ground under the pressure and wanted to meet the Fosh before leaving. After all, it wasn't really polite to leave anyone without prerequisite.

He wandered in her direction and found her meditating in much the same way he was. He tried to notify her of his presence and waited patiently for her response before offering one of his own.

"Trushaun, I have promised to teach you what I know in the absence of your master, but it seems that I have been prompted elsewhere. While I welcome your company, I must question your inclination. I know of your master's preoccupation that you speak, but what happens if you leave her here? If she wants to continue your training and you have left to another planet without granting her the knowledge of your departure. It seems a little disrespectful to her." Roene said, his face scrunching a little at the recollection of his flight from his own master years ago without the slightest indication of his whereabouts. "If you still wish to leave with us, you can meet us at Docking platform B-52 in Ashla on our way to Naboo. I offer you the grace of 6 hours time to reconcile with your master, leave her a note or do nothing before my apprentice and I take off for Naboo. Your choice."

Roene's tone was hard and his tone was strict, even for him, but he knew this was an important lesson and one that would be better learned earlier in training rather than later. It was never a good thing to disrespect those who gave their time and energy to teach you what they knew even if you thought it justified.

Roene left it to the Fosh though, as he began wandering off toward Ashla, carrying the day's burdens on his back and over his shoulders.

NvFYuwm.png

Dahar and the Wookie continued onwards through the forest towards Ashla. He thought back on his initial arrival and the trip from Ashla to the temple. There had been very few Jedi here when he first arrived. Now the temple was full of those in communion with the Force. His time on Tython, for now, was complete. It saddened him a little. The Force was very strong with the planet. There was always a calming peace he could feel in the back of his mind. It would be unfortunate to part ways with the feeling but there was work to be done elsewhere.

"Master, I want you to know why I asked to accompany you. Well, other than the obvious reason of it being the will of the Force. I sensed a strong need to come find you, but now I can look with logic on the reasons why. Much of the traits I'd like to build in myself I can see in you." Dahar had to look up when he talked to Kirlocca. He was tall and well maintained. "Master, you are a great warrior. There will always be a need for the Order to have a strong hand. I wish greatly to be an integral part of that someday." Dahar paused for a moment to reflect on his past as a blastsword duelist. "I feel that everything that has happened in my life has shaped me into who I am for good reason. We all have our strengths, mine happens to be physical and I embrace it. That is why I wish to learn Wru'torr from you.

Secondly, I have great admiration for your ability to impart knowledge of the Force to others. I found in my training of Adenna that teaching another our ways helped me to grow stronger in the Force myself. It was a true joy to watch her progress and grow into the Jedi Knight she is now. I know she will do great service as a Jedi and most certainly better the Galaxy in some way. It also made me remember my own training and beginnings, something I do not want to lose sight of. I would like to continue in the art of education and appreciate any insight you can give me. It will be a great experience to watch and help you with the padawans we hope to bring to the new Praxeum."

At this point the two Jedi had arrived at the city and made their way to the designated transport. They settled in quite quickly as neither of them had many belongings to take care of. The ship left the ground and headed for the atmosphere. Dahar could feel they were getting farther away from the temple. There was a part of himself that would always be there. It was almost as if he was leaving home.

The ship, now in the empty space above the planet, blasted into hyperspace.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

I nodded in acquiescence. "You're right, let's go." We grabbed our gear and began the long walk back to Ashla. In all honesty, I was rather glad for the walk. I had picked up a lot of habits from being around the soldiers, and one of those was to keep myself in peak physical shape. A long hike like this would be welcome. It was funny that I felt that way. It wasn't like I had ever gone through official basic training regimes. My introduction to military life had been hurried and brief, but very thorough. A normal person might have found the pace too fast, but the Force gave me the edge I needed to quickly become competent. At the same time, I hadn't wanted to lean on the Force too much. The Force is a tool, and yet it is more than that.

Onderin and I made polite conversation as we walked, but I really didn't have anything to talk about. In many ways, he still felt like my superior, and I kept a level of formality with him. He was vastly more experienced than I, and I was used to taking orders from him, first as my master and second as my admiral. But as I pondered my own affairs, I couldn't help but think of him. This had to be quite an adjustment for him. I was sure he was having some difficulty. It was hard enough for me to feel completely Jedi again; I kept thinking I was going to get called up and shipped out somewhere dangerous. How much harder must it be for Onderin, who had been in the military since I was a baby! I shook my head, compassion for him filling me. And he never complains. Never says a word about it. Admiration mixed with the compassion.

We arrived in Ashla a few hours later and suddenly I realized we had a problem. "Um, Onderin? Do you have any idea of what we're going to do for transport?"

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

"We'll take your shuttle," Onderin replied. "The E-wing in which I arrived will keep until we get back." As a Jedi, he'd never really been big on possessions, down to the fact that he'd only ever owned one ship. It had been some old shuttle he'd bought when Keiran had knighted him, and honestly he had no idea what happened to the vessel. Believe it or not, the Admiral of the New Republic fleet was a pretty well-paid position, and he'd held it for years, just letting the credits pile up in some secure bank account somewhere, rarely spending anything.

He figured buying a new personal ship was in order, and it didn't need to be a starfighter. He'd much rather fly something with a little bit of passenger space, for situations exactly like the one they were in now.

Without any argument from his old padawan, they quickly made their way to the landing pad and boarded Aira's shuttle. Onderin made his way to the copilot's seat, a veteran combat pilot that was now only too happy to defer the duties. Minutes later, they were clearing Tython's atmosphere and plotting a few cautionary jumps toward Ilum. Then they were gone.

3C12kbA.png

A chance to go off-world, or build her lightsaber. Decisions. She chose which way she thought to go. With Roen. She left a message for her master on her private comm, as she could not find the Mando-Jedi. Excitement rushed her veins as she ran to Ashla. She caught up with Roen fairly fast.

"What is on...Nah-boooo" She struggled with the pronunciation.

Trushauncopy3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Darla spent the rest of that day with Darex learning protective Force techniques. The didn't come as easily as Darla have liked but she stopped herself from becoming too frustrated by telling herself that tomorrow was another day. all she could do was take little steps in the right direction.

Later that day they met with Skye and discovered that Nishant had decided to leave. Darla was a little sad, but she hadn't know the young man very well. Whatever he had decided to do she hoped he was doing well. It must have been hard for Skye to watch a Padawan decide to leave before she'd finished their training. At least Darla wouldn't be taking her away from him with her demands on her friend due to her pregnancy.

That evening Darla and Darex went for a long walk. They took in the beauty of the forest and Darla decided although it wasn't quite the ranch on Corellia it wasn't far off. Hand in hand with the man that she loved, the father of her children she felt a million miles away from the horribleness of the day before.

Typhon was where she would have her children, amongst the Jedi and her friends.

That night she felt safe and loved.

The next month seemed to go by in blur. Darla kept her days busy and full. She trained with Darex when he was free, visited with Skye for check ups on the babies and learn all that she could about what was to come. Skye taught her what to eat, how she could exercise safely and generally kept her spirits up. Both Darex and Skye taught Darla protective Force techniques.

It was difficult for Darla to grasp the lightside with a firm hold, but she tried her best. Little by little, day by day her grasp on it became stronger. It wasn't as it had once been, but she was beginning to feel like at the very least she could protect her babies from a psychic attack. Or... If she had another outburst of her own...

Life had been calm and fulfilling and Darla saw no reason that she would have another one unless she was provoked by an attack.

In the evenings Skye, Darla and Darex ate together. That month was one of the happiest in Darla's life. She was growing and healing much more than she had in years. More than that, she was growing new life inside her. Darla felt safer and more loved than she had in her whole life. Darex and Skye were her family. Soon their family would grow. That thought filled Darla with both joy and trepidation.

Still she was afraid. She wasn't really sure why. Childbirth would be painful, of that she was sure. But Darla was no stranger to pain. She'd had limbs severed, she'd had her flesh burned, she'd had her bones smashed. What she was really afraid of was the responsibility.

These two tiny new lives would be in care, would be totally dependant on her. Darla was terrified that she would let them down. Terrified that she would fail them. Her fears were eased to know that Darex and Skye would be right by her side.

How things had changed since the three of them had met. Darex had been Skye's Padawan, Darla a Sith. Now Skye was like Darla's sister and Darex her lover. All those years ago Darla would never have imagined this would be happening. She would never have imagined that she would know love and happiness like she did now.

That happy happy month flew by. By the end of it Darla was howing heavily. It was clear to all that she was carrying twins. The time was drawing near. Another month or so and she would be a mother...

((OOC: RL has been pretty horrible for me too Chris so I completely understand. I thought I'd move things along a bit with this post since I haven't been posting much and Darla needs to give birth one day Hope you don't mind. Feel free to add anything that Skye would have done/ said to Darla during that month. Hope things are looking up for you xxx))

Rannrsig.jpg

The next month flew by. Darex kept himself busy. When he wasn't taking care of council business, he was teaching a hopeful class. He had always enjoyed teaching hopeful classes, and it was a good way to keep his eyes open for a potential padawan. But there wasn't anyone who was standing out to him, and the Force was quiet on the subject.

Anytime he wasn't busy he spent with Darla. It was wonderful to get the chance to spend so much time with her, just getting to know her without it being in the middle of a mission. He found himself more in love with her each day. She was doing extremely well. She was more relaxed than he had ever known her to be, applying herself to doing everything she could to prepare for being a mother.

As the time began to draw close for her to give birth, Darex found himself beginning to get nervous. He had no idea how to be a father. He was an orphan, and he had never really had a strong father figure himself. As a result, he spent a few evenings downloading holobooks on parenting and browsing through them. As he read them, his fears were eased a little bit. It was, in a way, just like training a padawan. Only he would teach these children life skills, not Force skills. Still, it was quite nerve-wracking to think about.

He saw a lot of Skye during that month as well. It was nice to see so much of his former master, and he knew that she was passing on many tips of being a mother to Darla. He was very grateful that she was not only a Healer, but a mother of three herself. She was the perfect woman to advise his beloved, and he was glad she was around so much.

One evening as he and Darla were sitting together on the balcony, his arm around her, he suddenly spoke. "Darla, have you thought about the future? I mean, after the babies are born. What will our lives look like? And what will happen if the peace in the galaxy right now is shattered?" He was sure that it was only a matter of time, for despite the recent atrocities committed on places like Naboo, the Sith and Black Sun as a whole were being uncharacteristically silent. He wondered what would happen if he was called off to war again. What would she do? And what about their children?

FDY9u6P.png

`initial week until the healer's extended his stay indefinitely. The symptoms defined droids, Dashel, and the temple healers alike.

12 days into his stay, the weight loss had become acute, until even the normally fit Jedi began to look like something carved by a slightly myopic classic sculptor. Once the excess fat burned away, his body began cannibalizing his muscle. The physicians become coming and going in droves.

A healing trance was tried, and haulted the symptoms for a day or more before they returned. During that day, Dashel found the reason for his body's sudden decay. During a break from being poked, the Jedi had meditated, seeking answers in the force as most Jedi did when their resources failed.

As he meditated, he noticed a connection in the force between him and the room in which the artifact he had accidently created remained under guard. Following that stream brought him to his feet and lurching down the corridor to that room.

It became immediately clear to Dashel and several healers immediately after he entered the room that the crystal had been growing at the expense of Dashel. In a report later, Dashel remarked that the growth was probably too strong a word. The crystal's initial size had been a little larger than a good sized marble, now it was getting close to a golf ball.

Once everyone accepted how and why Dashel had been wasting away, the race began to find a cure for what was going on. Everyone scrambled to save the Jedi Master, but an easy solution avoided everyone concerned.

It was a young Padawan, serving in the hospital as part of his training that found the solution. While assisting the Jedi Master in his weakened condition, the Padawan had turned to grab something as directed by Dashel. As he turned, something startled Dashel and in his weekend condition, and he dropped the artifact upon the hard stone floor.

A scream issued from the crystal as it shattered that brought Dashel and the young Padawan to their knees. Seconds after the scream had assaulted their ears, both were hit by something in the Force that swept through them, picked them upwards, and planted Dashel against the wall.

Only his instincts helped him open to the force and cushion the apprentice's flight towards the wall. The young being turned wild eyed towards Dashelel and asked, ”œMaster?”

One evening, after many evenings of bliss, suddenly Darex spoke words that shattered Darla's tranquillity.

"Darla, have you thought about the future? I mean, after the babies are born. What will our lives look like? And what will happen if the peace in the galaxy right now is shattered?"

She had been enjoying the now so much, she didn't really want to think about the future. As a mother she knew that it was something that she needed to do. She couldn't assume that things would always be rosy and she would have to be prepared to protect her children from whatever the Galaxy threw at them. 

The thing that unsettled her the most was hearing these words come from Darex. He had always been optimistic. He had held her up and helped her through so much self doubt. From his words she could sense that now he was in doubt.

For a split second she panicked. Then she quickly pulled herself together. Now was the time for her to be strong for Darex. Ease his fears. Reassure him. 

She took a deep breath.

"Darex, in all honesty I have to just take this one step at a time. One day at a time. To be honest I'm terrified. I have these tiny lives growing inside me and I'm completely responsible for their safety. Each day I just try to get stronger and stay calm, unafraid. It's not easy. Having you by my side and support from Skye, those are the only things that are stopping me from cracking up. 

"When I heard about the peace I thought that it was too good to be true. And as you know about a month back I had that panic about the Sith coming here to attack and me being helpless. Right now I can't think about that. I can't worry about being attacked. I've just got to worry about making sure these two little ones" She patted her belly"make it here safely. How about we don't think about the future just yet? Let's focus on the now. When the kids are born then I can start worrying about other stuff. But until then I just can't. It would drive me insane."

Darla took Darex's hand and squeezed it. 

"How about we just enjoy what little time we have left before our Galaxy gets turned upside down by these little guys? What's brought this on anyway, you've never really been one to worry?"

Rannrsig.jpg

((OOC: So I'm making some of my best estimates on time here...))

Darex hadn't meant to worry her, but she had also given him the perfect opening for the idea he had been tossing around in his head over the past few weeks. The Force had clearly decided that now was time. He only wished it had been a more romantic setting. Still, the stars were beautiful and the night warm and calm. "I know you're frightened about these babies," he said. She had placed her hand on his, and now he took both of her hands. "I am too, to be honest. Not only have I never been a father, but I've never had one. But we'll be fine. I'm sure every new parent goes through this. In terms of worrying...I'm not really worried, per se. But there are some things about the future that we need to address, and now may be the best time."

He took a deep breath. Darla would be able to tell that he was clearly getting a little nervous. In fact, he was quite nervous. So nervous that he thought his insides had turned into a mass of jelly. But at the same time, he was sure that this was what he wanted to do."Darla," he began, his tone serious, "no matter what the future brings, whether it is peace or war, life or death, good or bad, I want you to know that I will never leave you. We've known each other a long time, and I know we haven't always been the best of friends. We've had our share of disagreements, but throughout it all, I have always regarded you as one of the best women I know. You are beautiful, kind, compassionate and loyal. You are fiercely protective of those you love, and are always willing to sacrifice yourself to save them."

He looked deep into her eyes and gathered all of his courage. "This past year and a half has been the best of my life. Especially these last nine months. You've taught me so much about myself. You make me happier than I deserve being. When I'm around you, I can't think of anything else, and when we're parted, I'm constantly distracted by your absence. Come what may, I promise to always be there for you and for our children." He took a deep breath to push away the butterflies and said the three words he rarely said, even to her. "I love you. I never want to be parted from you. I've been waiting for the perfect moment to say this but..."

His free hand slipped into the pocket of his robes and pulled out a small box. The rest of the carefully prepared speech he had been working on for the past week vanished from his mind. He knelt down and opened the box to reveal a thin band of twisted silver. He wished he could have afforded a gem for it. "Darla Sar, will you marry me?"

He watched her carefully, his mind a turmoil of nerves, waiting, hoping beyond hope that she was willing to become his wife. He had watched her carefully over these past months, and knew that she loved him. But was she willing to make the same kind of commitment he was declaring himself willing to make? That was where his biggest sense of nerves came from, and it was the only reason he hadn't spoken up before now. She was terrified of commitment. He only hoped that her love for him would be able to overcome that fear.

Edited by Guest

FDY9u6P.png

• 2 weeks later...

Joy coursed through him as she accepted, eliminating all remaining nerves and doubt in it's wake. He took her in his arms and kissed her passionately, and only his Jedi training allowed him to draw back after a moment. He didn't know what to say, only he felt he was luckiest man in the universe at that moment.

As she spoke of the wedding, the smile that had been on his face from the moment she said yes widened. "I'll leave the wedding in your hands," he said. "You can have it however you want. All I care about is that we'll be marrying each other. There could be no one or the entire galaxy watching. It doesn't matter. And yeah, we can hold off until the twins are born. It won't be long now, though."

He kissed her again, then chuckled. "I guess we're engaged. We should tell Skye."

He didn't quite know what to do with himself, so he strove to regain control of his emotions, centering himself. Things were already going to change when the twins were born. But now that he knew he'd always have Darla by his side, he felt much more confident. Together, there wasn't anything they couldn't handle, even parenthood.

FDY9u6P.png

He had been spending more and more time away from the Jedi. It was odd behavior to be sure, but it had fit him just fine. It was during a quiet meditation on his ship, as he got to know the people who hosted the Jedi, that he was alerted to something distressing.

He checked in on his padawan, and then he sent a transmission himself to some places. Far too many things in the galaxy were going wrong. He had felt a great number of disturbances in the Force, and he had yet to do anything. It was time to get involved.

Moments later he blasted away.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

The mottled tunnel of hyperspace collapsed into starlines which focused into tiny points of light around the vast mass of the planet Tython. This deep in the core, the stars were extremely dense and the sky was bright, giving the planet an unusual look as it became silhouetted against something other than its own sun.

Onderin enjoyed observing the phenomena a bit as he piloted the shuttle down toward the planet, to the city of Ashla so that he and Aira could make the walk back to the Temple. He had hoped not to have to make the trip again so soon, but rather come up with something else to do, but it turned out that coming up with things to do usually involved going where the Order had the strongest presence. At any rate, he wasn't going to be able to solve some of the problems he had heard about on the holonet without the fleet that had been his entourage for the past few years in a life he'd given up. He was just going to have to learn how to maximize the effectiveness he could have by himself or with a small group of Jedi.

Presently the shuttle received clearance and he smoothly set it down in one of the docking bays. The Jedi Master soon had departed the vessel and, Aira Cadan in tow, started the walk back through the woods. Thankfully, it wasn't tremendously far, but so far had remained a secret well enough that the Order's enemies hadn't come upon it. As much as Onderin hoped that would never happen, he doubted that it would stay hidden from the Sith indefinitely. Eventually someone would get tracked or their navicomputer would get hacked and Tython would be discovered. The question was what would happen at that time.

As he walked, Onderin kept to himself, and his thoughts were distant. He wondered passively what Cadio was up to right now, still holding a post with the fleet which apparently hadn't made an appearance yet despite the things that were happening. Just as well that I'm not there, Onderin thought. He had never been one to submit to the bureaucracy, and now it looked like they had Cadio tied down.

3C12kbA.png

The distress call came the next morning.

Darex rolled out of bed and grabbed his comlink, his heart sinking. He knew that tri-tone of beeps anywhere. It was the general distress, issued on a Jedi-only frequency. It meant that someone was in trouble and requesting backup, and it was always very serious. A few taps and the message was revealed to be originating from the grandmaster. That sobered Darex even more. If Kitt was calling for aid, then he was facing very serious odds. He knew that they might not get there in time, but he also knew it was his duty to try.

He reached over and stroked Darla's hair. Then he saw that she was awake. "I have to go. Jedi business, and it's serious."

He held up a hand to forestall her protestations. "Don't worry, I'll be back as soon as I can. Two weeks tops, I promise." He gave her a warm smile and a kiss. "I won't miss the birth of our children."

He dressed and grabbed everything he thought he'd need (which wasn't much). He clipped his lightsaber to his belt, and headed to the Council chambers after a final farewell to his fiancee. Once there, he got in contact with Master Ession, who knew some more of the details. It was Sith. Apparently the same Sith who had attacked Bespin, although Ession couldn't be sure. Darex ran over some strategy with him, then severed the link.

He tapped the buttons for the internal comm and broadcast a message across the base. "Attention. Any Jedi Knight or Master who is interested in becoming part of a rescue team, meet in hanger A23 in twenty standard minutes. Be warned--the chances of encountering high level Sith is great."

There, that does it. The time would allow any Jedi interested to ready themselves and get to the hanger. He centered himself. It was interesting how he rarely got involved in situations like this, but now here he was leading a branch of the reinforcements. An outsider would find it inconsistent, but to Darex, it was very clear that this was the will of the Force. As much as it might be an inconvenience to him at times. He chuckled wryly at the thought, and headed to the hanger to await anyone else who wanted to come.

FDY9u6P.png