Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

Bekka leaned over to Ronin and kissed him keeping up her so called front of his mistress and slipped a data card into his hand... "There's my comm doll... "

She slid out of the booth pushing Callie along with her... "Let's go Callie, you can head out with me... hell, we haven't had a night on the town just us gals in a long time." She winked at the girl and the two headed out the door.

((sorry Callie, I am pulling you along with me... so I am not stuck posting by myself in the other thread... ))

bekscopy.png

The first signs of approach was a dull hum that was easily droned out by the types of music and festivities going in the catina. Only, as the progressive beats and melodies began to finish from the instruments of the musicians, a larger side filled their absence. It came as a triumpant roaring sound, followed by the scattered screams until finally an anti-climatic thud was heard in the foreground. After the light shockwaves passed, it was passed off as nothing more or a brief topic of discussion.

Climbing out from the sandy wreckage, a man was seen breaking open the own latches to his ship's panels to escape. Thick smog trailed off as the vehicle, which had sustained sufficent damage prior to the crash, landed in several different large pieces. Marked only by several scars of the harsh incident, he trudged through the steep slopes of dust and sand that barred his path. An unscrupulous demeanor pierced through the haze, matched by the heavily shaded sunglasses which concealed any visualization of eyes underneath.

It would not be long before the struggle he faced reaching his intended destination finally ended as he opened the bar doors of the cantina. Following through a short and narrow hallway, his sensors picked up on many cells operating in the area, filtering light and sound accordingly to a quiet tolerable level. As he had begun this process, hisgaze could not escape a certain gentlemen, a face he had gazed upon before but only from media and historical logs.

"Mr. Geki," A monotone voice called out from his mouth, directed forward as he approached the very man he just addressed, "A familiar, yet unexpected sight in a place like this. What an honor it is to meet you in the flesh."

Systematically after he uttered the last of his words, an arm was raised parallel to him, fingers folding outwards in a typical position to shake hands with the man. "Ruan DuCattre, but the locals who know me usually refer to me by the title RC, although probably not so much in these parts of town."

Cel watched the two other girls leave, contemplating going along with them though didn't know them. The only one's she knew in the bar were Ronin and Duo. She sat for a moment longer, watching as another fella walked into the bar and approached Geki. Well if Ronin's waiting on Geki before he leaves, it'll be quite some time... Bugger this, I'm going...

She stood, deciding to follow the other two who'd left already. Cel left the bar, heading out to her ship.

fVv9Bjj.jpg

I don't look for trouble... it finds me...

*Geki regards the newcomer appraisingly, looking with one arched eyebrow at the extended hand.*

'You'll forgive me if I refrain from shaking hands, Mr. DuCattre. I have an unfortunate condition which precludes any such physical contact. How might I assist you?'

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Relinquishing back the hand given out, bringing it back to his side in a pose that mimiced his opposite arm, the man wasted no time in responding. It had seemed he had hoped for such a question to be asked, well prepared to match it with his own words soon after.

"Very well. I had hoped to see a drug lord of some kind before, but our meeting signifies a greater purpose behind all of this. You see, I have been exposed by a group I used to work with, as a seperate sect of the CorSecs operations, where I had been designed and employeed as a spy inside the agency. Now, the same group wishes to see me terminated once I undercovered some truths about my own network through the terrorists I had encountered and interacted with."

A finger now pointed at the based of his skull where a very obvious, but faint light could be seen flickering in steady intervals on and off.

"Several hours ago, I had also discovered that there had been a device made for such experiments like mine when projects go 'astray.' A remote killswitch that will detonate my life functions. I lack the technology myself to override it and must acquire a loan significant enough to purchase the materials necessary to do said task."

He remained oddly calm throughout the explaination, even taking a seat across from the man once everything had been said in proper context.

"...And, to perhaps answer your next question, it won't detonate anytime soon. They had enough mercy, and sinister intent alike, as to let me know the exact number of minutes and stages that had gone past before the time arises. Until then, you're perfectly fine, sir."

From outside the Mos Eisely Cantina, emerged a lone warrior. His dark gray skeletal armor reflected the sunlight until he was completely engulfed by the darkness of the cantina. Removing his helm, he sat down in a booth and began to eye the patrons to see if any were worthy of joining Black Sun.

OOC: If anyone is interested in joining Black Sun, speak to me and/or PM me.

'Hold that thought, Mr. DuCattre.'

*Geki spots the Black Sun scout instantly. Nodding first to DuCattre as a courtesy and then to Silas, signalling that he follow Geki, Geki strides over to Darkholme.*

'You belong to Black Sun. It is for this reason that I don't flay the skin from your flesh this instant. This cantina belongs to SEED, and as such is not fair game for Black Sun scouts, understood? Now, unless you bring a message from Piccolo, or come to offer me a service, you will leave. Quietly.'

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

• 2 weeks later...

*Increasingly bored with the lack of activity in the cantina, and having received an update of some importance, Geki turns to Silas.*

'I have business, Silas. With the Empire. Stay here or follow as you wish.'

*Geki exits the cantina, proceeds quickly to his private docking bay, and blasts off into space.*

Geki1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Duo's ears twitched slightly in the dusty, foul air of the Cantina. Music had been drowning out most of the conversations and arguments going on around him, but he hadn't let his guard down just because he had a few drinks and was enjoying resting after taking out a Super class ship all by his lonesome. A new message had arrived on his comm. Perhaps it was Ronin, finally ready to do the job he had been speaking of”¦or perhaps it was some reporting wishing to speak with such a Devastator as himself.

No, it was neither. It was a comm. From one of those people one never believes they will speak with, much less desire to speak with. A Sith Master of high caliber, the kind of man he could respect”¦the man that had talked him into betraying Black Sun and destroying their hopes at purifying the Galaxy. Duo chuckled, slammed back his drink then got up from the bar stool.

He checked his weapons at his side as he left the Cantina, then proceeded to the Docking bay to pick up his ship and get off the rock he was currently positioned on.

A Large Imperial Fleet jumped from Hyperspace and hovered over the planet of Tatooine. The Imperial Grand Admiral heading them in the Super Star Destroyer the Azure Inferno. He smiled grimly down at the wasteland below them and could not await the taste of battle. Quickly he commanded his troops placing an alarm across each of the other 9 Star Destroyers which accompanied him into this to prepare for battle. Turning his Command Chair around he decided to make a comm to the Hutt Crime Syndicate.

COMM

---------------------------------------------------

"Hutt Organization. You have been found guilty of piracy and acts of aggression against the Empire Therefore a open state of Warfare exists between our two factions. Surrender now or prepare to be assaulted. This is your only warning if you surrender we will surely make a proper arrangement between us which will be mutually beneficial. Be quick in your decision."

---------------------------------------------------

END COMM

The Grand Admiral launched the First Wave of Fighters, TIE Interceptors, on Patrol of the perimeters of the Starships. Nokrt could see the squads flutter by his Flagship roaring with the memorable roar any of the Twin Ion Engines make. He smiled and gripped his seat purely anxious for the thrill of battle.

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

Det awoke to his sergeant chiming in on a comm

"Sir - we have just received a communique from the bridge"

Det looked out the viewport nearby to find they were at Tatooine. Finally he thought, They've actually got this ship into action

"I'm on my way Sergeant." Det replied, grabbing his gear and exiting his chambers.

dodgethis.png

The Great JNET Outage of 2012 - Body count - 0.

Scubby opened his eyes when the alarm went off... He had been meditating on the floor of his quarters. Standing up he quickly donned his 501st armour. It was time. Moving to the staging area for his troops he found them already ready to go, standing in neat lines... Awaiting permission to board the dropships that would take them to the surface.

"Board your ships men. Be ready for a hot entry."

Doffing his helmet he spoke through his comm unit. Then switching channels as he boarded his own dropship he sent a message to his superiors.

"501st Strike Team Alpha Five Ready to go Sir."

Det entered the training hall and found the troops all gathering as he passed them. Sergent 2187 stood at attention as Det approached him.

"We're above Tatooine sir. No word from the bridge yet on what our orders are, but I imagine that there are a few Hutts getting restless down there."

Det smirked - he knew that they needed to be taught a lesson. Just because they're in the outer rim doesn't mean they're exempt from the Empire.

"Very good Sergeant. get a detail together and ready for action, however we do not go in unless ordered. understood?"

The trooper saluted.

Det proceeded into the gunnery range to inspect the troops undertaking target practice. many were dead on, but there were some poor shooters here as well. He walked up to one of them and observed from behind. The trooper looked like he was shaking.

"You know, soldier, the way you're shooting that thing, Its a wonder the men next to you aren't dead yet." Det sneered.

The trooper swung around and pointed the gun at Det. Det didn't jump though, Sith training took hold - and the Force pulled out the weapon from the shaky soldier's hands to Det's. "Stand back soldier" Det ordered, as eh walked up and took a few shots. all of them hit the target dead on.

"I hate guns" the trooper stammered "I don't know why we have to keep killing people, it's ludacrus! I'd rather be..." he was cut off in mid-sentence as he put his hand to his throat to grasp for something as if he were being strangled - but nothing was there.

"You'll keep shooting, and you'll not miss soldier" a steaming Det told the choking trooper. The trooper dropped down gasping for air after he was released from the choke.

"And you will not point this weapon at anyone again - if you do, I will not be generous to your life."

Det dropped the gun next to the coughing trooper and walked off.

dodgethis.png

The Great JNET Outage of 2012 - Body count - 0.

OPEN COMM TO IMPERIAL FORCES

----------------------------------------------

"It appears the Hutts have no interest in our bargain. Let us show them the true firepower of the Empire!"

-----------------------------------------------

The Starships moved their sanctios over the capital of the Hutt Criminal Empire. The Hutt Palace.

((In any case all bombardment and fighting will continue here.))

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

Jacen walked into the Mos Esiley Cantina. He spotted his contact and immideatly made his way over to the booth he was seated at. the bartender got him a drink and they began to converse.

"Where is she?"

His contact looked at his drink, then at Jacen.

Look, before I tell you, I want to make sure that you won't finger me if she catches up with y'all.

Jacen thought it over. He really needed this person.

"Fine. We won't tie you to us in any way."

"Okay, she left here and made her way to a few other places. To tell the truth, I don't know where she is, and I'm not sure anybody does now."

Jacen frowned at his contact.

"Well, thanks for your help."

Pulling out his blaster, Jacen fired two shots, and tossed the bartender a credit chip. He walked to his ship, warmed up and blasted off.

As he was on his way into space, he recieved Mindan's comm telling him to return to Dubrillion right away. He changed course and headed towards Dubrillion.

Edited by Guest

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

With a flicker of pseudomotion, the arrival of a modified YT-2000 was made known. Its pilot, the Mandalorian bounty hunter called by the name ShadowFett, maneuvered it towards the planet of Tatooine with easy skill. "2277, see if you can find Jacen's ship," he said. He knew that the man was here, and he very much wished to speak with him.

A moment later, the droid responded. "He's here, master," it said. "He's currently in orbit, in the process of leaving."

"Then we'll have to act immediately," Fett said. "Open a comm channel to his ship."

The comm was opened, and Fett spoke. "Greetings, Black Sun agent," he said into it. "I've followed you all the way across the galaxy to speak with you. Would you care to set back down on the surface so that we can meet face to face?"

Without an introduction, Jacen wouldn't know who was contacting him. Fett's ship was registered to a certain Corim Antilles, but that wouldn't mean anything.

Jacen's hand floated over the lever of hyperspace, but this seemed important. He sent a return comm.

--Comm--

I'll meet with you, but it must be brief. Meet me at the Mos Eisley Cantina in 30 minutes. I'll be expecting you.

--End Comm--

With that, Jacen turned around and headed back to the Cantina. He walked into the cantina and chose a booth in the back, waiting for the man who had contacted him.

silassig-1.jpg

ShadowFett nodded to himself. This would be brief enough. He pulled his ship to face one of the few settlements on Tatooine, Mos Eisley, and swiftly approached the spaceport. Within moments, he had set down and entered the infamous Mos Eisley cantina. It was an inviting environment, with some jizz music in the background and all manner of alien life drinking and having a good time. Still, in other corners, dangerous business was being done, and that was the sort of thing Fett was here for.

The Mandalorian noticed Jacen ((I don't know your character's last name..Omnd or something?)) in one of the shady back booths and headed there promptly. He didn't sit down when he got there, just stood before the Black Sun agent, his black battlearmor causing him to meld slightly into the shadows of that back corner.

"I have a message for your boss in the Black Sun," he said. "And that is this: someone wants you all dead."

His right arm suddenly lurched forward and grabbed Jacen by the collar. Fett yanked him out of the booth forcefully and his left hand grabbed one of his Westar-34 blaster pistols, bringing it up and slamming the butt of its handle into the Black Sun agent's right temple, sending him out of Fett's grasp and onto the ground, bleeding. The Westar came smoothly around to point at Jacen, and Fett paused. He wouldn't kill the man while he was on the floor and without a weapon in hand, but almost any other bounty hunter would.

Jacen was startled by seeing ShadowFett. The last time he had seen the man it had been when the old Dubrillion base was self-destructing. The traitor had returned for Jacen, and he had the upper hand, but that wasn't going to stop Jacen from escaping, just as ShadowFett had more than a year ago.

Moving quickly, Jacen rolled, pulling an ion grenade from his belt, one of his seven, and tossed it. Fett fired, but Jacen was moving once again. He dove behind the bar just as the blast went off. Fett was momentarily blinded, and his two Westar pistols, assault rifle, wrist laser, Rail Detenator, Tenloss Disruptor Rifle, concussion missile (on his rocketpack), grenades, various gauntlet weapons, and mini-grenade launchers were out of commission for the time being.

As soon as the grenade went off, Jacen was in action. The grenade had been specially modified to only affect targets within seven meters, meaning Jacen hadn't been affected. He dropped a thermal detonator on the alcohol dispenser, and jumped over the opposite side of the bar. He fished in his belt for a detpack, and found one just as ShadowFett was recovering. He sprinted out of the door, and as soon as he had cleared the blast radius of fifteen meters, he pushed the button activating it. The door caved in, leaving no other way out, except to dig through.

The thermal detonator had also been modified to only cause a small explosion, just enough to ignite the alcohol contained in the dispenser to set on fire and cause an explosion sure to buy Jacen enough time to get to his destination. As he ran, he pulled another small device from his belt. It was a small wand like device that would detect any tracking device on his person. He waved it around his neck area and then his torso, and stopped for the few seconds it took him to scan his legs. He came up clean and picked up his pace once more.

Thank God for Dr. Pang. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have all these special and modified gadgets.

When he was a few blocks away from his destination, Jacen pulled out his comm. He sent a priority, encrypted message to the Black Sun Dubrillion Base.

--Comm to Dubrillion--

Mindan, Kal, I am under attack from the traitor ShadowFett. The man I asked you to research is an alias. He said that there is someone who wants us all dead. Please send help immediately. Once one of you is over Mos Eisley, I will tell you where I am.

Jacen Out

--End Comm--

Jacen made another left without even looking over his shoulder. He didn't have time to. ShadowFett was an experienced bounty hunter, and would surely find him if he didn't think of something quick. Jacen made the final right and to his relief saw that the shop was still there. He slowed down, and walked through the doors calmly. He strolled to the back of the shop, and when he was sure that nobody was watching, he pulled back a tapestry, pulled on one of the small figures on the shelf and put his hand on the concealed identity pad that came out of the wall. It scanned his hand, making sure it was him, then the door made of cortosis slid up and as soon as Jacen was inside slid shut behind him, almost silently.

Jacen was amazed at what he saw before him. It had been a long time since he had been here, and it had changed much in the two years. He saw Hagle Doonodo sitting at his bench, inspecting a piece of jewelry. He looked up when he heard Jacen enter.

"Jacen Onnd, what brings you to these parts?"

Jacen smiled at the man.

"Some trouble I'm afraid. I'm on the run from an extremely dangerous bounty hunter, and was looking to use your escape route, or at least hide here until I can get some help."

Hagle stared for a moment at Jacen, then answered.

Jacen, you can stay here as long as you like. You've helped me out quite a few times. You know the way out, and might want to at least be waiting by the exit in case we get some unexpected visitors."

Jacen smiled at the man. He could always count on him.

"Thanks Hagle. If I ever find time, I'll make my way back out here and help you out with anything you need."

Jacen made his way to the back of the shop, behind rows of shelves, and sat by the exit. It would lead to the sewer system, and Jacen would leave a detpack on his way out in case Fett somehow managed to find him, though Jacen couldn't imagine how, since almost nobody knew about this place, and if they did, they weren't told who else knew about it. Jacen was surprised to see it still here, after all that had happened, but he was extremely glad it was. He sat on the ground, detpack in hand, and waited for Fett or one of the Black Sun members.

silassig-1.jpg

EDITED I misread the situation. I had a pretty cool entrance too.

IC: Piccolo's Firespray ship emerged from the depths of space. Piccolo knew he was there. There was no doubt. He could feel him. He even thought he could smell him, all though the hunter knew even his senses were not that powerful. The Howling Runner took a steep dive toward the Mos Eisley Cantina. Piccolo's hand gripped his firing mechanism tightly. He sent a communication to Jacen.

"Send me your location."

Piccolo's request was merely a formality however. He was focused solely on the Cantina now, and the occupant within.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was attempting to get a ruling. Jacen, it looks like you got lucky this time, as the mods are going to let your 20 minutes of action in a single post stand.

IC:

ShadowFett frowned when Jacen made his escape. He could attempt to pursue and likely would succeed in hunting the Black Sun agent down, but the bounty wasn't extremely important, and he felt that there was something that needed to be done here. Jacen, in his escape, had injured a few bystanders, his destructive attacks making a highly-populated scene a mess.

The Mandalorian reholstered his weapons, which were out of the action for a little while. Already his suit functions were beginning to come back online--his battlearmor was as hardy as he was. He began to help injured bar inhabitants up off the ground. He drew some strange glances, for it wasn't expected from such a dangerous bounty hunter to suddenly have the good will to help people. But they were innocent, and a fight that was not their own had hurt them.

Rage built up within Fett as he calmly helped people up. I knew coming in that Black Sun agents were scum, he thought, but the audacity required to deliberately injure sentient beings caught on the scene.... I really should hunt him down, and not just for the bounty, but for justice.

A hover craft arrived to take the injured to the hospital, and Fett helped load the wounded onto hoversleds. Security also arrived and asked him a few questions. "I am responsible for starting this fight," he told them. "But I stand for the same things you do." It didn't look like any of them had the courage to attempt to detain him anyway. He would have fought them regardless of this anti-evil tint that had been emerging in him recently. Really ever since he left the Black Sun.

Catching the sound of some larger engines, Fett glanced up and spotted a Firespray-class ship. Somewhat alerted, he used his macrobinocular setting (now fully restored) to magnify his view of the craft. Sure enough, it was the Howling Runner. Piccolo's ship. I thought he wasn't aligning himself with the Black Sun this time around, he thought.

Without saying a word to the security, Fett left, making his way into an alley where Piccolo couldn't spot him from above. Fett hadn't placed a tracker on Onnd, so he didn't have any leads. It seemed in his best interests to just get out off Tattoine.

Piccolo was not sure whether Fett was still in the building. He could pass up the opportunity, regardless. His ship fired it's lasers into the Cantina, collapsing much of its structure. Most of the civilians had fled already, but some were killed in the strike.

A necessary sacrifice. Let's hope Fett was one of them.

Piccolo pulled his ship to Jacen's location, opening the back hatch. He commed the Black Sun agent.

"Let's get out of here. Where is your ship?"

OCC: Yeah, you said I couldn't get out of the cantina, into my ship, and into hyperspace in one post, so I didn't. I got creative. And I doubt that it would have taken me 20 minutes to do that. I threw off a couple of grenades and took off. The shop couldn't have been more than 7-8 minutes away, of course nobody would know since the shop isn't actually in the SW universe, so you're just going to have to take my word on it. It all depends on your point of view.

As for me killing innocent bystanders, yeah, first off, I'm part of a criminal organization, since when would anyone care in an organization like that. And in Mos Esiley, it's likely that most of the people I killed had bounties on their heads for something anyway...

IC:

Jacen recieved Piccolo's comm as he was climbing through the hatch. Instead of sending one back, he just made his way to the cockpit.

"Thanks for the rescue. My ship is in the desert, at these co-ordinates."

Piccolo expertly piloted the Firespray to Jacen's ship, dropping him off. Jacen turned to Piccolo.

"Thanks for the rescue again. If there's ever anything you need, don't be afraid to let me know."

With that, Jacen climbed up his own ramp and got the ship warmed up as Piccolo's ship flew out of view. When his systems were warm, he lifted off. Once he broke the atmosphere, Savior plotted a course that would get him to Dubrillion, and Jacen pulled the lever, blasting him into hyperspace.

silassig-1.jpg