Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

OOC: Ha! And you thought that I would think you would care? I know that the BS is a criminal organization....

IC:

ShadowFett paused as he heard a massive explosion behind him, coming from the direction of the Cantina. He felt the tremor in the air as the shockwave, though greatly diminished, reached him. He headed back towards the building to see that Piccolo had apparently blasted the roof in. Anger burned within the Mandalorian, but it was with calm that he looked at the Howling Runner.

He's deliberately attempting to provoke a fight from me, he thought. He must be. Still, I doubt that he knows such an attack would have so strong an effect on me. If he does, however, he has also attempted to make me feel that I am responsible for these deaths. There, he is wrong. These deaths are on his hands.

The Mandalorian would not allow his code become a weakness, for it was not. It was his strength, what made him rise above the millions of criminals infesting the galaxy. Among them were Piccolo and Jacen Onnd and the rest of the Black Sun. And that was why Fett would continue to hunt them, as long as there were credits to be earned in such a way.

He considered for a moment returning to his ship and pursuing his former mentor, but rejected the idea. Piccolo was not a member of the Black Sun, so there was no bounty on his head (though he wouldn't be surprised if someone was looking for the half-Trandoshan's head after Haruun Kal). Fett could still do it for the sake of morality, but it was an unnecessary risk. He had killed Piccolo before, but he had no pressing urge to attempt it again. Not now.

So Fett waited for the Howling Runner to leave.

Piccolo was not going to waste anymore time here. Fett was alive, deep down he knew it. But the man was exceedingly good at what he did. Piccolo could spend a lifetime searching for him in the city below and find nothing. There would always be another opportunity. He pushed his Firespray into hyperspace.

Fett watched Piccolo leave. The half-trandoshan would have to be a fool to think that he had killed Fett--he knew better. The two of them had been able to compliment each other's skills quite well at one time, when they had fought together rather than against each other.

There was no doubt that ShadowFett still intended to hunt members of the Black Sun. This had been but one failure, one that couldn't be helped. He would have to take steps towards assuring victory next time. He would also need to be sure to establish a way of getting a single hunter where he wanted him, when he wanted him. Perhaps he could do something similar to what the infamous Boba Fett of a few centuries earlier had done to kill the one who had sought to claim his title.

At any rate, there was work to be done, and Fett couldn't do it from Tatooine. He headed to his ship and blasted off, destination unknown.

• 1 month later...

Exiting the speeder, Victoria looked carefully both ways. Then she cautiously proceeded inside. Making way towards a specific table near the back of the cantina, the third one from the wall to be exact, Victoria took a seat, assuming the Lord would do the same.

Now seated, she once again found herself looking over her shoulder. One could never be too cautious in this neck of the woods. Or maybe she should she say, neck of the desert! Regardless, the blue haired humanoid wiped a little bit of the dust from her hair and clothes as she waited to be served.

Looking over at the Lord, Victoria questioned, "You don't seem to like this desert rock. I'm taking it you don't frequent this planet much?"

Ganelon strolls in after Victoria and immediately orders a drink before taking a seat across from here.

"Tatooine's definitely left its mark on Galactic History... The Hutts focused here, the infamous 'Chosen One' of the Jedi grew up and began his fall here, and I even think KVC Enterprises started out business working black market salvage here between the old Hutt empire and other smuggling operations. It's a busy place, but I prefer a higher class of operations. Bespin and Coruscant are my more pace, I don't stick out like a sore thumb there, that and it's still too damn hot here."

Downing his drink quickly, he orders another. "As it is, I don't have anything in the way of contacts here. My old business associates might, but since they work for the company that insured the Link after the heist incident and covered the tab for that, I don't think they'll be on speaking terms with me."

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." -Mark Twain

Ordering a Tatooine Sunburn and a water, Victoria listened to Ganelon as she waited. Once her drink finally arrived, Victoria drew a napkin from her pocket to use as a coaster for her Sunburn. Victoria took one sip. Then folding her napkin over three times from the corner, Victoria took a sip of her water.

"So do you have a first name?" Victoria inquired of the Lord.

Meanwhile as she reached for her Sunburn, she clumsily bumped her water with the bottom brim of her other drink as she brought it up to her mouth. Victoria cursed loudly as the drink splashed across the table. Quickly, Victoria dabbed up the water with her napkin and then stuffed it into the now empty glass of water.

As the waiter approached, Victoria addressed him, "I'm so sorry. I'm such a clutz. I mean, who would waste good water on a desert like this."

Handing the waiter the glass with the soaked napkin in it, she appologized again, "Sorry again."

Taking the glass, the waiter silently nodded. As he left, Victoria turned back to Ganelon.

"Don't worry about the connections. I know a few people. I'll see what they know... So where were we? Oh. Yeah. You're first name. You do have one, don't you?"

Ganelon watches the spill quietly, surpressing the overwhelming urge to roll his eyes. With an inexpressive shrug, he answers the question.

"The first name is Ganelon. Seneferians of noble blood and even lesser blood don't really have traditional names as most Basic speaking cultures assign them. My house name is Bozel, a Lord ranked family in the Velzeria District of my homeworld, which I suppose makes Bozel my last name. When speaking properly in Seneferian, I introduce my house name first, then my birthing name, hence Bozel ahght Ganelon ssi' is how one would say it- Lord Ganelon of House Bozel."

He gives a short laugh, finishing his second drink already. "Of course not that my title means much at present. Status, wealth, and power rule everything, and without those thing to back up a title, it's empty... the same things that keep forcing me into jobs like this... galavanting around the galaxy for the business of others when I can't even master my own." He almost raises his hand to summon a third drink, but thinks better of it.

"Anyhow," he continues, crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat, "we've probably soaked up enough of the atmosphere of this place to last us a while. I think I remember hearing some sort of criminal or Imperial connection with this place. Not criminal like with the Hutts, but something else, so I don't know how much good that'll do or if it's even maintained."

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." -Mark Twain

As Ganelon finished his speech, the waiter returned with another water and a napkin. Setting them on the table, the waiter looked up at Victoria.

"How much is this gonna cost me?" Victoria questioned almost sarcastically.

"5."

"5?!"

"Water isn't cheap these days. Especially after what has happen with the Imperial presence on this planet."

Victoria sighed as she reached into her pocket and slyly handed the man five, one hundred credit slips. Bowing, the man left the table and continued on his way. Unfolding the napkins a little, Victoria looked into the napkin before quickly refolding it and placing it in her pocket.

"Finish up your drink. We got what we came for and I'm sure you don't want to stay here longer than we have to."

Taking a big swig of her sunburn, Victoria now had only half of her drink left. Pausing for a second to let the drink go down, Victoria finished off her glass and rose from the table.

"You ready, Ganelon?"

Ganelon's eyes narrow as he watches the exchange. Fortunately two drinks was not nearly enough to addle his wits, nor would they take effect quite so quickly either.

With a faint smile, he nods and follows his new associate out.

"Smooth," is all he says, leading the way back to his ship in the near-by space port.

When they finally reach his ship, he once again lets her enter first, giving a small stare at her pocket with the enfolded napkin. "I think it's your turn to pilot the ship, milady."

Victoria turned back to grin at Ganelon as they exited the cantina.

"Thanks. For what he is worth, Durose can teach you a thing or two about the tricks of the trade. When he's not being a... well.... you know what..."

Getting into the speeder, Victoria drove them keeping into the desert of Tatooine. Their destination was Mon Espa.

((TO TATOOINE THREAD))

• 1 month later...

((Apologies for the length...but Silas's character needed a nice set up and well, quite frankly I just got backhanded by some random muse and before I knew it the post was huge...I promise that they won't all be like this...A lot of this is just mainly because I don't know who's active in the cantina currently.))

Once again Mirdala Ad'goran waited for her eyes to adjust to the dimness of the interior of the cantina. During the period of eye-adjustment she sensed that many eyes caught her arrival and were either dismissing her or sizing her up.

As her jade eyes adjusted to the light, she took note of the lively mixed-race band playing in the corner as various patrons watched a young Twi'lek with pale blue skin dance to the jovial music.

Her instincts as a bounty hunter came into play as she began to read the crowd. Many of them were curious as to whether or not the woman had stepped in to the wrong establishment by mistake. Mirdala understood why as this cantina's reputation as being a gathering place for thieves, smugglers, ruffians, and bounty hunters. It was a place where those that did not wish to be found often could be found in habiting one of the darkened corners of the establishment.

This place is definitely no Last Call”¦, the young Mando'a woman mused to herself as she unabashedly strode up to the bar, smiling to herself as some of the patrons fought to give up their seat for the woman.

She raised her had to catch the barkeep's attention and when he toddled over to her she said in a slightly Concord Dawnian flavored voice, ”œAndoan Ale and an order of jerked bantha meat please.”

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

• 2 weeks later...

The smells immediatly invaded his nostrils, causing him to scrunch his face. Adenn looked around in astonishment at the bar. So much for a resturant with class. He walked around the bar where he found his wife, Mirdala, being attacked by a brute of a man. He had dirty blonde hair that was dripping with sweat, and he was breathing heavier than he should have been. His wife was in a fighting posture, prepared for anything, but one hit by the man and she was through.

Instead of letting Mirdala handle this by herself, Adenn walked in between the two, crossing his arms, facing the attacker. His face was of stone, a slight frown mixed into his complexion. His wife was the center of his life, and this idiot wanted to hurt her? Not with him around. His wife could take care of herself, but she shouldn't have to go through this. The man stopped short, growling from his throat at Adenn. He shot him a glance, then spoke in a deep voice, filled with hatred.

"Get out of my way scum, this is between me and her."

Adenn smiled slightly, "You know, it's funny, I believe that this is now between you and I, seeing as she is my wife, and I don't take kindly to her being attacked."

The man stood straight up for a few moments, then smiled, eyeing Adenn's muscles. He raised his hands in a form of submission, a grin consisting of a few teeth opening up.

"I'm sorry. Just a minute misunderstanding with all involved. I meant no harm..."

Adenn nodded, moving his head towards the door, making the man understand that now was a good time to leave. He and his gang made quietly for the door, throwing scowling glances back over their shoulders. As soon as they were gone, he walked over to Mirdala, placing his hand on the small of her back, leading her over to the bar. He ordered another round of Andoan Ale for both of them, then took the seat next to her.

"What was that all about?"

((Great set up, but I'm not to sure about my post))

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

((Don't sweat it. It was fine!))

She took a moment to register that her husband had now joined her in the cantina as he strode over to the offensive man, who looked about ready to try to pummel the petite woman into the ground.

”œAh”¦and the third and forth reason why I hold absolutely no interest in your pathetic offer,”

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Adenn smiled down at Mirdala, she always had been the creative one. "Tracyn will be fine my love," he replied in Mando'a, then moved to bring his weapon up. He set it down on the bar, gathering a few glances from the shadier characters in the bar, probably the ones that had bounties on their heads, but that was beside the point. "It has a very personal feel to it. Good balance, throws slugs as well as lasers and ions, and it was relativley cheap."

He paused and took a sip of his drink, looking around the establishment. It had it's shady spots, but was overall well kept. The band had a good beet, the music enticing Adenn. He spotted Mirdala eyeing him curiously, a light laugh in her eyes, which brought him back to reality. He smiled down at her, touching her cheek lightly.

"So love, why did you bring me to this fine establishment?"

((Sorry for the short post, but there's not much I can do...))

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

((No problem”¦lol))

She took pushed her head covering back then reached for Adenn's weapon. The blaster was a little heavier than what she preferred, but she knew all to well that it would more than suit her husband.

”œGood choice,”

fMZZcER.png

Adenn's mind sprang back to that night. They had both been on seperate missions at the time, two seperate targets that had somehow become intertwined. They were both waiting on contact from an informant at the same time, oddly enough. The subject had come up about this line of work being tiring, and how they both agreed that they needed to settle down somewhere, at least temporarily, but they didn't want it to be too serene. Concord Dawn had come and gone, as had other places, until Mirdala had him meet her on Tatooine without telling him why. That was how he had ended up here.

He smiled down at her. So that was the reason for being here. This place certainly saw it's fair share of action, but was quiet enough to not take a huge toll on them. It was nice, and even though the conditions weren't the best, they had both been through worse. Now that he thought about it, he did feel rather fond of this place.

"I do seem to remember a little about that. I do like your choice of entrances, you already have a rep and only one person knows your name."

He chuckled softly, stroking a peice of hair from her face.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

She joined him in his chuckle as she leaned up and gave him a quick kiss.

”œWell, not the one that will bring trouble with it,”

fMZZcER.png

Adenn smiled, gazing into her beautiful green eyes. Those eyes had been the first thing he had been drawn to in her, the first thing that he saw. He never got tired of those eyes, no matter what look they were giving him. He had married those eyes so many moons ago.

”œSo what are your impressions of Tatooine so far?”

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Mirdala smiled and nodded. ”œSo what would you say about the possibility of perhaps taking over this establishment and running it?”

Edited by Guest

fMZZcER.png

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Huge apologies for not getting onto this sooner, I've been busy with RL and other RP issues.

IC: *The bartender, having refrained from giving an answer to the newcomers pending communication with the former Governor and now Emperor, is perturbed by the lack of contact from Geki despite repeated comms. Geki has authorised him to deal with cantina affairs in absentia, and since it has been a while since last contact with the Emperor, the bartender feels he has no choice but to deal with the matter himself.*

'The owner appears to be unreachable. I am, however, in a position to negotiate on his behalf. I will accept an offer of one million credits for full, uncontested ownership of the cantina.'

*The bartender knows that the sum is vastly above the cantina's worth, but he also knows the Emperor would skin him alive should he not get a very reasonable price for the locale...*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

• 2 weeks later...

Adenn stopped on his way out of the bar. He turned around slowly, a look of astonishment on his face.

"1 million credits for this joint, you've got to be on glittersim or something cause that's just plain stupid. We'll pay 250,000 for it..."

Adenn knew that was just as unreasonable, but might as well start low and work you're way up.

((sorry bout the delay))

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

'250,000? You know what this place is? This used to be Chalmun's cantina, boy. Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi used to come in here all the time. Skywalker threw up' *-he pointed at a random stain on the floor-* 'there. Yup, lotta a history in this cantina. 800,000.'

*The bartender crosses his meaty forearms over his vast belly, enjoying the process of hyperbole and outright lying in order to work the price up.*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

He staggered into the bar, hoisting a rather large and cumbersome back with him. Scanning the bar his e-11 blaster made a very threatening deterient from the usual pickpockers and things of that nature he had seen on this Empire forsaken world.

"I need a drink."

Mubbling to himself he ambeled his way over to the bar, and flagged down the bartender. He had come here for two reasons. The first and fore most was to get a drink. The second was mainly because he had heard this place had ties to the new emperor, and anything that could het him back into imperial service was worth checkin out.

He had to be the lone trooper to have survived, He had been jettsoned out of the vortex, after failing to defend it properly, well it fell into the hands of the rebels anyway. Another blunder on his part. Though havign the Dark Lord of the Sith show up on the Ship had been some what of a treat. Only problem was everythign fell apart after after that man, or maybe demon left.

The bartender finally came to him, but before he could say a word, he drew his e-11 blaster and fired point blank range at a small scavanger seeking to peek into his bag.

The shot, was a mere glancing blow, but the creature got the message and scuried off.

"Sorry about that, think you could get me a correlian ale, and perhaps tell me what happened to the Empire after the battle over Cillsa?"

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

Hearing her husband catch the bartender's attention, she stepped back in to the dark recesses of the bar.

She stepped aside as an Imperial trooper ((OOC: Did I get that right?)) entered the cantina and made his way to the bar.

Mirdala looked to her husband as he negotiated with the bartender over the price of the place, and stepped behind the bar and greeted the man.

She raised a jet eye brow as he shot at a small creature before placing his order.

"Not a problem. I'm afraid I've been a bit out of touch with the universe at large as of late, but perhaps when these two gentlemen are through with their conversation, one of them might have the information you seek."

She searched behind the counter, located and poured up a Correlian Ale for the customer before she asked, "And could I have a name for the tab please?"

fMZZcER.png

He looked up at the woman before him. NOt what he expected in a place like this, but the galaxy still always held even the most simplest of wonders for him.

"Deton, Deton Rustic Ma'am" he added remembering his military protocol.

He didn't let his disappointment show at being unable to find out what had happened at the battle. It was bad enough that out of all the planets he could have possible landed on in his escape pod, he had landed on this dry, backwards world.

Endless darkness, and the feeling of abandonment, suddenly replaced, by blinding sunlight and heat. It had been terrible, but clearly something he had been able to over come. Though the multiple adventures he had while getting to this paticular bar, were numerous and perhaps even comical when taken out of retrospect.

"Though if you don't mind, I don't think I will be staying long enough to devlop a running tab."

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

*The bartender, surprised at the woman's presumptuousness in assuming a role behind the bar but nevertheless ready to close this deal, shook his head at the man and waved one arm in mock disgust.*

'No way. That stain is a planetary treasure. You should be grateful to be even standing here.

'500,000. Absolute last offer.'

Geki1.jpg

Mirdala reached over to the data pad that the bar keeper had been running figures on and brought up a fresh tab, entered the man's name and then replaced it to its original location.

"All the same, it's good to have a name to a customer. Also it keeps things easier to manage." She smiled, her mind momentarily tuning in to the negotiations that her husband and the barkeep were having.

'500,000. Absolute last offer.' The portly man responded.

Mirdala looked up at Adenn, met his eyes and nodded. A fair price and honorably agreed on.

She turned back to the customer. "I'm sure you have a tale or two to tell. How did a military man such as yourself end up all the way out here? This place has it's own unique charm, but is by no means the tourist or leave hot spot of the galaxy."

When her husband and the bartender finished their bargaining she turned to the latter and gave a slight bow.

"Apologies, but I thought while you two were engaged in business someone should serve the customers," she nodded, addressing the bartender's somewhat taken aback look from her stepping behind his bar.

fMZZcER.png

*The bartender shrugs.*

'No longer my problem, ma'am. The bar is now your property. It has a number of defensive measures you should know about should you need to lock it down...'

*The bartender passes her the relevant specs. Should it become necessary, a blast door can be lowered over the entrance, all but preventing anyone from entering or leaving. Excluding the area behind the bar, the manager's room, and the cellar, the floor can have a non-lethal dose of electricity passed through it- enough to incapacitate anything as big as a wookiee. Soporific gas can also be deployed through the air conditioning vents, and the bar sports four concealed turrets in the interior, each with IFF capabilities which allow them to distinguish between people the owner has designated friendly, and everyone else.*

'Look after this place, ma'am. It has more history than the old stories about Skywalker.'

*The bartender collects his things and nods to the security guards. All five men leave.*

Geki1.jpg