Trulalis

Tarrian Skywalker

DMD sat motionless in the pilot's chair, with his eyes closed. His mind scanned the surface of the planet, trying to pinpoint his apprentice's location. A surge of dark side energy resonated through the force. The mental eyes of the Sith lord looked west, toward its' point of origin. And almost simultaneously, intense pain called out to him from his apprentice.

DMD eyes opened. His hands, instinctively grabbed the control and applied full power to the enegines. The shuttle hit the upper atmosphere with a shutter. Orange light filled the viewpart, as the shuttle's adverse angle hit the lower atmosphere. The ship's speed triggered a sonic boom in the skies above the surface.

A warning chime sounded, followed by a flashing red light to indicate the planetary forces were working against the integrity of the ship's hull. Responding to the warnings from the ship, DMD eased off the throttle and level out. He was close now. Closer than he had a been a few minutes prior.

Beneathe him, a line of beings was now visisble, walking toward some unknown destination. Lucifer was among them. DMD set the auto pilot and grabbed a remote pilot device as he moved into the loading bay. The shuttle slowed drastically and began to hover. DMD activated the lowering mechanism for the ramp, while tightening the belt that held his Sith sword. Warm air rushed into the shuttle. A breeze blew the crimson cloak he wore behind him, displaying his muscular physique as he lept from the lowerd ramp. His cloak opened fully in the air like crimson wings and slowed his fall. He landed effortlessly, wrapping himself in his crimson cloak, as he strode forwards.

The beings he had seen from above seemed grim and hopeless up close. Inside each of them was a hint of darkness, but they were all lacking something, in one form or another. DMD did not concern himself with them. He simply continued to move forward through them as if they were nothing. And they were nothing to him. All except one.

Before him, he could see Lucifer standing ahead of all the others. Standing next to a being he knew of but didn't officially know. A Sith Lord.

The sight infuriated him for some reason. DMD's emerald eyes, glow brighter than before as he moved ever closer to his goal.

"Lucifer!!! What is this?" He shouted. After the words left his lips, it occured to him that, he had not intended for his words to come out in that manner.

spawn.jpg

Those who are prepared to die, are seldom defeated....

Lucifer looked up, feeling the darkside he could sense his master was coming...the bond told him that he was much closer now. After a short wait his feelings were proven right when he found the shuttle hovering above and his former master jump from the entrance ramp to land just behind the group, working his way through the rabble he stooped just short of the kiffar and Torin.

Without hesitation Lucifer stepped forward, he could tell by the sound of Mortis voice that he was not amused by what confronted him, the kiffar knew his sitaution was not good considering it looked like he was wanting to stand beside Torin, far from the truth however. Looking to Mortis first he gave a light bow before he spoke,

''Master, It is not what it seems. I stand beside him for we were all forced to race and meet him, to refuse was to appear weak. As to introduce him, I found a little about the man when he inflicted his memories upon me just as I suspect he learnt a little of me, apparently he goes by the name of Lord Torin or so far as I know.''

Lucifer watched his words carefully, knowing well that one wrong word would invoke further punishment from either sith lord. For now all he could do was hope his master listened and saw sense in what he said, either way though the kiffar watched with interest as to what would happen once the two master's finally spoke to one another, for neither knew the other...it was a first encounter as it were.

Edited by Guest

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The Starweaver arrived at Trulalis to put the Sith there back on schedule. Further delays would not be tolerated.

Dagon disembarked from the ship in his gunman armor, an exceptional synthesis of technology and alchemy that had an almost organic look to it. Every tread of the Dark Lord's boots froze the muddy ground underfoot. Moving in unison on either side of the Dark Lord were Darkwatch soldiers, his elite mercenary soldiers and loyal bodyguards. As one, the group approached Master Furion.

"I have reviewed the ritual you have uncovered. Fortunately for the galaxy's virgins, advances in alchemical knowledge and technique will allow for a considerable reduction in the number of sacrifices required. I will begin laying out the circles necessary to focus and concentrate the ritual energies."

MGw9G2u.jpg

DMD listened to the words of his apprentice, while trying to get a feel for anything potentially out of place. His senses were wide open. His mind tracked every creature nearby. The thoughts and emotions that radiated off each slave, in waves, were his to decipher.

"I care nothing for who they are or their motives. And least of all....who he is." DMD said, casting his gaze upon the Sith Lord.

"You are my reason for coming to this planet. When I chose you, I failed to relay to you what that truely means. I have taken you on to teach you my dark ways and how to gain power through the channels of the dark side. The way of the Sith is a treacherous one." He said to Lucifer, moving ever closer.

"Remember.....I chose you. Not the other way around. I know you are better than this." He turned facing those that stand behind him. "And, better than them."

"For you to be out here like this. This is beneath you and not worthy of a dark lord of Sith. If it is power you seek, there are other ways than belittling yourself." DMD said, speaking for all those to hear.

"Now Lucifer, explain your purpose here, and this so-called race?"

spawn.jpg

Lucifer gave one last bow before he spoke,

''Very well, after I could not find you on Byss I attempted to contact the temple on Coruscant in an effort to see if you may have been there however I found I was wrong in my assumption as I was in thinking that you may have been dead. I was shortly after forced here along with anyone who resided within the temple on Coruscant by the ferryman on order from the Dark Lord, he wished to relocate since the site had been compromised. I was subsequantely taken and put to work on the new temple along with all before you despite my efforts to refuse, for refusal earnt me nothing more than several lashes from the whip or a stun baton and escape was made near impossible only someone who had been fully trained in the dark arts could have accomplished such an escape, as for the race I know not it's purpose that answer may only be obtained from the individual before you.''

Lucifer looked to Torin with more distain, this time not hiding it knowing that with his master with him he would have no need to hide such feelings.

''I was dragged from my work and thrown into it despite my discomfort at following these lowly forms, refusal to follow would have been met with punishment, as was demonstrated by another who was branded as we watched by another of the sith lords.''

Lucifer waited for Mortis to reply back again knowing one wrong word could spell his downfall, and so as before was careful in the way he worded what he said.

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

DMD shook his head as he spoke, saying, "this is not the way of the Sith."

"And this", he said looking into the eyes of Lucifer, "is not the path I have laid out before you!"

"Your time here is done, my apprentice. You may go. Do not fear reprisal from anyone. I will strike down anyone that try to come between me and what I have claimed as my own." DMD began punching in codes on his portable piloting device, causing the shuttle descend and land in a nearby clearing.

"Lord Torin. I know of you, but don't know you personally. My anger is not directed at you, but at this waste of Sith potential I see being made into slave labor. Have we as Sith truely fallen this far? You can tell your master that if he has issues with my actions, that he can find me on Byss."

spawn.jpg

He stood only in the presence of the master, and still then he was slow and deliberate even in this. All around gawked at the malice so readily visible in the Dark Lord, not necessarily exuded, but easily felt none less. It was an aura of lifetime study to the dark arts, and every avenue it opened up. Clearly this master was learned, and not some simple brute of the smash and grab variety. Perhaps for the first time many of the Order saw their new Dark Lord for who he was, a misconception that only foretold their ignorance.

"Thank you, master. There is another issue." He paused to consider his wording, glancing at the mountain range Torin was presently taking the students on a forced march. "Another Sith has come to take away one of the apprentices. From what I gather, he has a sense of entitlement to this hopeful, ownership of some sorts. I was going to leave him be, as per your orders to keep the Order somewhat civil for some time, but since he is taking away one of our own, I wonder if something should be done. Other than that, everything is in order and ready when you are to start the ritual."

Lucifer gave one last bow speaking a final time before disembarking, his master beside him.

''As you wish my master.''

With that Lucifer walked the short distant to the shuttle noticing it in the distance, letting a slight grin mark his lip at last he was free from the sight of the twi'lek. Finally he could set out to do what he originally intended to do and not become someone's labor horse, he was no slave but a apprentice and should have been treated as such, the kiffar was glad his true master had intervened and set things right.

Finally arriving at the shuttle Lucifer entered the open entrance ramp waiting for his master to arrive and depart, thinking as he waited Lucifer thought on the prospects to come, finally he was to complete the training that was begun, although he cursed his luck that he had to construct yet another lightsabre due to the one he had originally made being taken from him when he boarded the shuttle bound for Trulalis along with any of his other possessions, he would need to make more than his lightsabre and completely rebuild his inventory, from his two swords to his shurikens although it would also give him the opportunity to refine certain items and make something new perhaps.

Akheron.jpg

(((Sorry, i work security at my campus and we had a gun scare last week. and midterms!)))

Tobias returned to work. He followed the others in their tasks. Pushing stones. This was all beneath him, but this was helping him to bulk up. The muscles in his body ached and moaned. Heaving the stones into place crushed his bones. He pushed through the pain. The anger fueled him.

The echo's from the others seemed faint. There were the masters who threw a vibration one would reel over. He was used to it. He felted the echo's from the task master and the people around him.

The few taskmasters that oversaw the workers had their attention divided left and right. Tobias thought of killing one, just for fun. Show these other workers that he was better than them. He held the urge in. He wanted to just unleash all the anger he had built up. He knew this anger should be bottled up and saved for later, or to fuel his muscles for these stones.

And that he did.

He heaved the stone into place. It was placed and Tobias ran back to push the next one into place. He ran through the mud and started to push another stone through the mud.

Samuel felt his body begin to weaken as he climbed over several more obstacles in his path. The fire in his veins had long been extinguished as his muscles seemed to have turned to rubber. He could no longer feel the burning pain that once raged beneath his skin. It had been replaced by a feeling of nothingness, almost as if he was moving his limbs through sheer force of will instead of the muscles that were there. He could feel the sweat rolling down his chest and back as he continued to move. The clothes he wore were soaked through with that sweat as well the blood that had been drawn by the whips previously. Every few seconds the young Christophian had to wipe beads of sweat from his brow and brush back the strands of hair that fell over his eyes. While he had not seen his own reflection for several days, he knew in his mind that only once before in his life had he looked worse, and that was a day he did not care to relive.

As a shuttle passed overhead, Samuel turned his attention from his path for a split second to see what was happening. In that split second he saw a dark figure falling from the sky, only to land very near to the pale slave. As the dark figure began to speak to one of the other chosen slaves, a cold dreary feeling began to overcome Samuel. Fear began to creep up his spine as memories from his past began to surge forward.He slowly began to back away from the dark figure, he could feel his own heart beat rapidly increasing. His breathing was become shallow and ragged. To an onlooker, his eyes could grow no bigger as Samuel once more became just the small child who witnessed his parents slaughter.

He had a smile on his face as he gladly accepted a bowl of food from his brother Marcus. As he began to put the food on his own plate, he heard the door come smashing down. He watched as his parents ran toward the sounds, all while shouting for Marcus to hurry his siblings to safety. Just as his brother scooped him from his chair and carried him to another room, he watched as his mother and father were lifted into the air and pinned to a wall. He was only able to see the three responsible for a moment, but what he saw would haunt him forever. Three dark figures, twisted smiles adorning their faces. Each face had tattoos running the length of their cheeks before plummeting down their necks. They were tribal in nature and Samuel had never seen such markings. All three had crimson and yellow eyes, almost as if they were possessed by demons of legend. In their hands, they each carried swords of crimson fire, burning through anything in their path.

Even from another room, Samuel could hear the screams of his parents as the three dark figures tortured and murdered them. And he could only watch as one by one his siblings were led away from him. Each time they resisted only until anothers life was threatened. Each child knew the others would die in time, but were none were willing to sacrifice another for a moments longer life. The youngest child could hear as each of his sisters were slaughtered in the other room. He held tight to his brother hoping that he would wake from this nightmare and he could once more be with his family. Then they came for Samuel. His brother attempted to fight them off, but they wielded power that could not be resisted. As Samuel was led into his families living room, he hear nothing but silence. But upon entering he could hear only his own screams. The walls and floor were covered in the blood of his family. Arcane and tribal symbols had been painted along the walls and floor, painted in the crimson color that only blood wears. The three figures placed Samuel in the center of a large symbol and each began to speak in a language Samuel had never heard. Tears poured down his eyes as he looked around only to notice the remains of his once happy family. He could see the flayed skin and broken bones of his sisters, as well the shredded corpses of his parents. As he turned back toward the three men, he watched as two of the three men drew knives from beneath their cloaks and made their way toward the young boy. Tears once more began to flow from his eyes as he knew what was coming.

Samuels lips began to tremble as he continued to watch the dark figure move towards Torin, the taskmaster assigned to the group.As he spoke to Sith, fear began to give way to anger. His fingers curled tightly, drawing his knuckles tight and white as he wanted to attack this man. As the anger began to surge through his body, he began to feel the effects of the long march slip away. His body was becoming fresh, ready to attack and to defend itself. Samuels vision sharpened immensely. He could see the bulge beneath the figures cape where a sword rested on his hip. He could see the individual sparkles of light that bounced off his emerald eyes.

sreilly1.jpg

"Who is this Sith? I will speak with him on the matter of courtesy between brothers. Should he desire to take an apprentice, it is his right as was taught in the old ways, but one should not breed contempt in the process."

Dagon surveyed the field and saw a familiar face.

"Darth Arcanus, mark the ley lines and prepare the altars for the four corners, if you would."

Two Darkwatch soldiers approached with a utility box that likely could fit a person inside, but when the lid was lifted, it was ingots of copper that were revealed. Dagon levitated one of the ingots and poured energy into it through the Force, superheating the metal bar as it twisted and transformed.

"Copper, known for its conductivity in the world of science, is equally conducive in the world of alchemy. Now where do you plan to have the corners of the temples so that I can place the focusing circles?"

MGw9G2u.jpg

Draken nodded slowly. "As you command Milord. As to the other Sith, I met him once early in my Lordship. His name I do not know, however I do know he has been around for quite sometime and was affiliated with the Mistress Tarrian Skywalker."

With those words he turned and began to walk across the land laid out for the sith temple, his eyes closed and his staff hovering inches above the ground. As he walked, he viewed the land not through his eyes but through the force, the crystal orb at the top of the staff flickering with dark energy. After several moments of walking, the spear point of the staff sank into a rock and the energy that had been flickering in the orb went dark.

"Seems my suspicion was correct, the ley lines do intersect." He knelt for a second and place his hand on the intersection point of the ley lines. He was silent for several moments as he tested the power running through the lines. "Remarkable four ley lines intersected.. One line from the North bringing the power of cold ambition, the line from South bringing the fire of fury, the line from the east bringing the destructive capability of anger and the line from the west bringing the wealth of knowledge from ages past.

I heard of lines such as this before, but never with an intersection as clear or lines so strong as this." Draken stood up and closed his hands over each other, channeling power, drawing it from the ley lines, from the air and ground around them and from the force. Slowly he began to pull his hands apart, a small ball of glowing energy hovering between his hands and growing larger by the second.

The energy began emanate heat as flames began to jump from the ball of energy. Then with a crack, he slapped both hands to his staff and brilliant blue fire erupted from the spear tip, traveling down each of the ley lines to the end of the ground laid out for the temple. With the ley lines marked, Draken moved to the end of the North ley line and brushed the dirt back to reveal solid rock. He knelt, placing his right hand on the rock and reached into the stone. Taking hold of the structure of the rock, he began to slowly manipulate it, turning it from granite into a crystal Draken had created, the bloodstone crystal.

The crystal began to grow under Draken's ministrations till the black crystal formed an altar that was streaked with crimson like blood. Removing his hand from the crystal, he moved to the East ley line and began the process anew, raising yet another altar. Each altar that he raised marked the end of the ley line on the land selected for the temple till finally he raised the West Altar which was the last to be raised.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Lallu breathed heavily, her legs nearly on fire as she landed rapidly right at Torin's feet within moments of Lucifer's own charge. Her heart continued pounding rapidly upon the call of her breaths and she clasped her legs for a moment or two before regaining stability and pushing herself once again to a standing position. Sure, her sore legs bit at her mind with every second she spent upon her heels, but it was her task - her goal for herself - to endure. The remnants of the Twi'lek's smile as she stood in the small group had worn after realizing the game was over, but her childlike countenance was altogether fragile and was replaced with a rather serious stare at the Sith before her.

It seemed she wasn't far off with Torin's appearance from so far away, but she wasn't about to push the issue because she'd seen worse and it would surely invoke a heinous retaliation that might gain her a similar mutilation. The Sith that arrived only seconds before her though, seemed to shiver with a steady flow of cowardice. His demeanor stunk of self righteousness, vanity, pride and a great deal of inflated ambition. All attributes Lallu had encountered before in the eyes of every single person who had taken advantage of her or her family.

Another Sith seemed to trail behind Lallu and Lucifer as they stood awaiting Torin's judgement, but in what would seem a proverbial slap to Torin's face, another Sith dropped from a shuttle that appeared from the clouds as if marred by an opaque illusion and began harassing everyone around him aside from his golden goose, Lucifer. His mantra rang of the same virtues heralded by Lucifer himself and as if Lucifer were some piece of property to claim the large Sith pushed his lumbering form into the group to claim him.

Knowing little of the Sith, Lallu could only imagine what this man's motivations were, but other than her ill observations she really had no distinct thought as to his presence. It was when he revealed his luminous emerald eyes to the rest of the group that Lallu's thoughts broiled in a frenzy that mocked her earlier headache. The Twi'lek's mind raced with blood and her body filled with thoughts of crazy mutilation that filled her with a sense of artificial rage, fueling its tempestuous stagnancy. Lallu wanted to move, but instead, the energy built up beneath her skin and her expression moved appropriately to respect her pain and her adaptation to its immediate appearance.

Lallu's eyes lit up fiercely as her voice bit back a nasty snarl at the hulking Sith. The Black Twi'lek stood at roughly his height and no matter the effort she stood to take his stare in with full grace. "What do you mean? Fallen into a state of proving themselves by fire? Have you truly born fear in the past Mr. Entitlement?"

Her voice was sharp, but she never once pushed herself further than arm's reach out of subtle respect for the Sith's space. For, even though she was supposedly training to be of the same kind - although Lallu's childlike mindset had only vague clues as to what these exercises pertained - she was still of a crawling level compared to the Sith before her, even if he was pompous.

Her tone crawled with bitten back hostility and although Lallu's alternate personality was known for its outrageous biting words and actions of vengeance, her reaction actually prevented Lallu from leaping like an animal onto the Sith in a fit of rage.

Edited by Guest

Keenava Two Suns.png

After waiting a few moments, DMD cautiously turned away from the other Sith and made his way to the shuttle where his apprentice awaited. Making his way up the loading ramp, his eyes found Lucifer sitting in the cargo hold. DMD unhooked his sword and scabbard from his belt and sat down across from his apprentice.

"There are some things you should know about me before we continue, Lucifer. I am not a mortal, in the same since that you are. I have gone through a process, using an ancient technique I learned, that allows me to walk between the realms to put it lightly. The reason why you couldn't locate me on Byss is because my form was still new, in the sense that I had recently crossed over from the other side." DMD said leaning forward, resting his chin on his hand.

"I have mastered many techniques most Sith have shunned or forsaken. You will be trained in the old style. You will learn, what I have learned. In the end, I will give you all that you need to accomplish your goals, but there is a price. All will be revealed to you, my apprentice."

DMD sat in silence, then stood and walked away. He sat in the pilot's chair looking out of the viewport. The other Sith were still visible to him. It made him wonder. Why were they being led to some unknown destination, with only the promise of power to motivate them? There was something strange about the whole set up. His thoughts were on his apprentice and the feeling of danger, that drew him to this back water world. As he sat and pondered these revelations, he decided to hang around a little while longer, just to satisfy his curiousity.

spawn.jpg

As Mortis explained why he could not be found on Byss Lucifer listened intently, with each moment he learned more and grew in admiration of the man before him, of what he had accomplished, how the kiffar wished for such power.

Lucifer gave a nod as he finished and answered with intent in his voice and a stone hard gaze, a fearless gaze that would have the ordinary man run for their lives, that looked into the emerald green eyes of his master, no hesitation in his reply, no delays, his mind was already set the moment he had set foot the first on Coruscant, he knew then he had made a life changing choice that would come at a price, he would be hunted, branded a traitor by the empire but in return he would gain so much more, he would truly be set free and become unrestricted by protocols meant for mortals.

''I understand, such a technique would be most useful. As for the price...I wil gladly pay it, I knew the moment I first came to the sith temple when I first saw you and felt your power that such a price would need to be paid, nothing comes free in this galaxy, everything has it's price the force included. I paid once such price recently, am now hunted, branded a traitor by the empire I once served for now I come clean to you of my original goal...formely I was a inquisitor meant to infiltrate the sith order and learn about it's inner workings however over a short time the order changed me from the man I was and into the man you see before you. The imperials are cowards hiding behind politics and threats, only the sith will set set right the corruption that has crippled this galaxy, the jedi are nothing but apart of the problem. I wish to fix this problem right...with your guidance I shall do so, whatever the tests or whichever obstacle is thrown at me I shall overcome and become stronger for it, a blade to cut down the jedi. I am yours to do with as you wish.''

Lucifer bowed his head at Mortis looking into his eyes, letting him know he was telling the truth...he would do anything to accomplish his goal and gain such power in the process, he let his master walk to think on what he said as he himself sat on the floor in the cargo hold, meditating, trying to further understand his new gift, of the possibilites ahead, he would do so until his master called for him.

Edited by Guest

Akheron.jpg

The young master wanted to smile wide when Arcanus noted at the rarity of the ley lines, a little proud of himself for finding the perfect place for this particular temple, but his mind was lingering elsewhere, to the unknown Sith in the hills with the apprentices. The specifics of what were transpiring were lost to him, but he could feel something amiss. So many apprentices and Torin....left to an unknown master of questionable power and aim. Some of the most important tools at Julio's disposal laid in the hands of an unpredictable element. The very thought troubled him greatly, trouble twisted to inward disdain for such a stupid mistake. Why did he even let them out of his sight, and so close to the beginning none the less.

While Arcanus drew up the ley lines and Master Dagon laid out the circles, Julio remained transfixed on the epicenter, dimming himself to the sensory input of the world around him to simply feel. He let himself be awe struck by the power coursing through the spot and distract him from the trouble. Presently there was nothing he could do to ease his mind, so it was compartmentalized for later. The here and now, that was all that mattered, and now he stood atop one of the most powerful places he had ever experienced. He had no doubt in his mind that other places such as this existed elsewhere in the galaxy, but he had never felt them before, or at least felt them as he did now. It was a reverent moment, as if he were locked in place, captivated by the sheer magnitude of that which both surrounded and coursed through him. It felt as if he held the sinew and tendons of the planet in his hands, so intricately apart of it yet distinctly aside it. Each beat of his heart thundered through the planet he feared as if his excitement might shake the planet apart.

He felt the weariness of the slaves, felt their very souls rend and bleed at the crack of the whip. The chosen innocent, how they cried tearfully at the sudden awakening to their fate cast such wondrous hues upon his vision he questioned if the colors had ever been seen in the spectrum of man. Each mournful scream ripped a whole in the sky, only to tie it together again with similar evocations in a shivering array of emotion. The ground oozed sorrow and pain, the air electrified in malicious intent. The land was ripe for the harvest. The time had come.

With considerable will the young master drew himself from euphoria and awoke to the world in exasperation.

Ready when you are.

The impression was intended for one, yet reached the hearts of many.

The Sith Lord's unnatural eyes dimmed to nothingness as Lucifer and the other man turned and walked away. It was probably a surprise to his other students when Torin did not react. Instead, the Sith Lord silently held his ground. The exercise was over. Lallu had won, but not before her victory had been rudely interrupted.

Master, thought Torin, reaching out to Julio, Someone interesting just presented himself and has taken one of the hopefuls, Lucifer. Apparently Lucifer was an apprentice to the unknown man...

The warrior in Torin longed for the cool steel of his lightsaber hilt in his strong hand, but with the future of the Sith resting upon him, he turned to his students.

"Go back to the mud pit. Those of you still here have done well."

A comm device quickly sprung from Torin's pocket, and before the hopefuls had walked a few hundred yards, a personal transport lowered to Torin's location and lifted him into the sky.

Torin.jpg

Night fell on the unknown planet where DMD now found himself transfixed. There was something else....something unseen that made him want to stay. He could not sense the source or what the true nature of whatever it was, but he knew it was beyond his understanding.

He emerged from the cockpit, finding Lucifer sitting where he had left him previously. His apprentice looked up as though he could anticipate what was about to happen. DMD sat down across from him with his hands placed flat on his lap.

"The lesson I am about to teach is not an easy one to master, but will serve you well once you ascend. You are going to learn how to hide your presence in the force. You told me that you aspire to be an assassin. This technique will serve you well in that trade."

"The first thing to do is to concentrate on a space in the force. A place where you can sense no feedback. A void. Once you find your focal point, try to draw the emptiness into yourself." DMD said, looking to his apprentice to make sure he understood his words.

"When you draw the emptiness in on yourself, you take on thise same characteristics. Think of it as force camoflauge. Now, close your eyes. I am going to mask my presence from you."

DMD drew in on himself, finding his void and slipping into it. It was always a strange feeling to him. To be cutoff from detection left you cold on the inside. The feeling was similar to his existance in the abyss.

"Can you see me through the force, Lucifer?"

spawn.jpg

Lucifer looked up, the planet was black with night, it seemed that he had been meditating for the better part of the day, yet what was strange when he awoke from his trance like state he found neither he or his master had yet to leave Trulalis, it was as if the planet seemed to have captivated him...but as the kiffar searched the force deeper he found the reason why, not from his master, but from the planet itself...it was as if some inner darkness which had been hidden was revealed, a darkness which seemed to prode in the diection of the temple, however Lucifer paid no mind to it when his master called him, instead sitting across from him as he began to talk.

Looking into his eyes, Lucifer began to take the role of student just as he took the role of teacher, sitting across from the kiffar who continued to look and listen, every moment learning something more that would aid him in goals. Lucifer gave a nod, a sign of understanding when his master, Darth Mortis Diabolus began to explain a new technique, something Lucifer had yet to learn, as per his instruction the kiffar closed his eyes and focused within the force and the darkside in a effort to locate his master.

After a search for his presence, Lucifer found none...it was like as his master had told him, he was a void in the force, his master existed physically but was blind to the force, in it he did not exist. With a quick reply Lucifer answered,

''I cannot my master, it is as you described. You are a void in the force, physically you exist yet in the force it is as if your presence no longer exists...a most intriquing technique that shall surely be of great use.''

Akheron.jpg

The stones were getting heavier Tobias noted. He was getting weaker, yet stronger. He was getting tired but he could now heave a stone into place a minute faster than usual. Something was happening to him. He had ignored something. He felt it.

The wind blew in the mud pit. The stone on his back got lighter. Tobias looked down, the mud had dried itself and was now crusted to his boots and pants. There had been no change in temperature so this bothered the Kiffar. He had to put it out of his mind as he set the current stone down. Two other slaves looked at him in awe, they had noticed his pickup in pace.

Tobias huffed, and the slaves adjusted it onto place. He straightened his back and walked back to the pile.

Several of the masters were having words but Tobias ignored it. He was tasked with this, he would finish it. A boy brought a spoon of water to Tobias. He pressed it to his lips and sipped. For that split second he had let his guard down. The sip of water was astoundingly good. He slipped it slowly as his tongue moved the water in his mouth. He closed his eyes and became one with his surroundings.

The wind blew through his tunic. He looked over at Torin, he wanted his ring back. He would get it back soon. As he store at the Sith master a massive vibration came from behind him. Before he had time to turn his skull flexed inward as a fist collided with it, sending Tobias face first into the mud. For a moment he layed there before his tunic rose, then he did.

"YOU THINK YOUR SPECIAL KIFFAR???" Some humanoid about two and a half meters tall screamed in his face, an associate of his punched Tobias's ribs. "LIFTING MORE STONES WILL NOT SET YOU FREE."

"Let me down or die." Tobias said calmly, staring into the mammoth of a man's eyes.

"I DUN THHANK SO!" He spit over Tobias's face. "BOIYS!" Several punched Tobias's ribs. Tobias reacted within a second throwing his arms up he slid down from his tunic and was now shirtless. His blue veins pulsed. Tobias's now purple eyes looked up at the four men who had attacked him.

"I warned you. Now face your consequences, slave." Tobias said, and clenched his knuckles and right crossed one of the smaller ones on the far left side. Blood sprayed from the man's nose. The kiffar brought up his left leg to the back of the mans neck and slammed it down. The man cried out as he died from a broken neck.

The three didn't know what or how to react. The trio slinked away. "You three will die in this place, like your friend. I will rise above you and beat you myself if need be." Tobias shouted after them. He picked his shirt from the mud and put it on, the mud would be dried soon. He went back to work, waiting for someone to call him out. Then there it was.

Torin had beckoned all the hopefuls to a place where they would participate in a run. His muscles flexed in his legs, he needed to stretch them out. This run would be a good change of pace.

They lined up, Tobias was in what could sorrowfully be called the middle. The group started to run up the hill and down a path. There was life everywhere, but not a sound was made. The birds did not sing a note as the Sith marched by. Somewhere behind him a hopeful threw up. He let it slide, there was no need to acknowledge it. There was nothing he could do. The mud had dried to his skin already. He tried to scrape it off his arm so his skin could breath.

A single bead of sweat ran down his forehead. He continued, his legs screamed with joy that they were no longer lifting but running, being stretched out. He would welcome the chance to sit down as the bones began to ache. He knew he had stress fractures, at least one within his left leg. He pressed on, ignoring the pain. Letting it fuel his anger at the Sith. He would show them that he is above all these others.

They paused, and someone who was much more powerful than their leader came and put him through the ringer. He was no pleased that he had to stop and allow them the break. Tobias rested along side the road there was no reason to stand so he knelt and rubbed his leg. Tobias noticed for the first time a Twi'lek in the group. Female at that. Tobias scanned the crowd and noticed she was walking towards another male.

No matter. He examined the surrounding wildlife. There was something in the woods, he wanted to venture in and explore but he knew it would not be the time or the place. Once again he would probably be punished. He stood up and walked towards the group, his leg feeling much better. He did not say a word.

Edited by Guest

When Dagon's work was complete, five copper circles rested on the ground, intricately detailed with Sith alchemic runes. Four of the circles marked cardinal directions, while the fifth rested in the center, over the intersection of ley lines.

"The four outer circles are for the sacrifices, while the inner circle is for whoever is to be bound to the site. The preparations for the ritual are complete."

MGw9G2u.jpg

There was something dark and ominous, looming over the planet. The feeling pulled DMD, subconsciously from his the lesson he was bestowing upon his apprentice. Where there was a sudden emptiness in the force, now the force aura of the Sith lord could now be felt.

He shook his head, as if trying to shake this feeling of doom that had settled on his soul. DMD knew that his change in demeanor would be obvious to his perceptive apprentice.

DMD rose from where he was seated without a word, raising the loading ramp and remote starting the take off sequence. Brushing past Lucifer, he wasted no words as he entered the cockpit of the Lambda-class shuttle. A slight shutter could be felt as the ship's engines engaged. The ship rose effortlessly form the surface, slowly at first, allowing time for the folding wings to assume the proper position for flight.

Full power was given to the thrusters as the shuttle achieved escape velocity. The coolness of space quickly enveloped the outer hull of the shuttle, causing the the temperature of the passenger compartments to drop.

DMD positioned the shuttle in low orbit, staring down at it from afar, though still feeling the uncertainty of looming danger.

"Lord Lucifer. Come and join me in the cockpit." DMD said over the intercom unit.

spawn.jpg

"Well hmph" led Lallu as her arms crossed vividly across her chest, striking her inconvenienced plight. "So where's my prize?"

Lallu looked about slowly from side to side, seeing nothing but the road and barren trees. Then, as if his position was masked, Lallu finally realized Samuel - who stood only a few feet away - was there. The master from before had inexplicably left and Lucifer was dragged off by another who virtually held the Sith whelp's manhood within a firm vice grip, but this man seemed to stay vigilant in his cause here as did she. Regardless though, she paid him little mind and started to go back to the dig site with only a paltry yet audible "hello"...

From her back it was hard to realize exactly how far they had run from the dig site, but looking at the distance, staring down at the little preps for what seemed at close a very large temple, shocked her expectations. All she could feel was pain toppled with a great deal of strain as she pushed up to the cusp of the nearest mountain shelf. She had closed her eyes practically the entire time the race was in progress and just now had a chance to look back.

"Well, at least I get a good walk" said Lallu with a vague smile, speculating her sarcasm.

Keenava Two Suns.png

The rage that burned beneath Samuels crimson eyes did not dissipate in the least as he watched the dark Sith lift off in the shuttle. Nor did he even notice that the man who had brought them all out this far had disappeared. Turning his focus from the sky as he made his way back towards the mudpit. Before he began his walk, he watched as the black skinned Twi'lek whisked by and whispered a soft hello. This struck him as odd.

Decided some company would be better than none, the young man made a small run to catch up with her and was soon walking by her side.

"I'm Samuel. What are you doing here?"

sreilly1.jpg

After what seemed to be days of traveling in hyperspace a knock resounded from Vaegir's door. The voice of one of the crewmen came shortly after the light rap. Granted it was muffled by the inch thick durasteel, but the message was clear enough.

”œCap'n Rockwood says you should come to the cockpit. We're in orbit over Trulalis.”

Rez2.png

Lucifer knew something wasn't right the moment his master rose from where the two were seated, and from his demeanour he could sense as much.

Moving inside the shuttle the kiffar made his way to the upper decks as the engine ignited. Taking a seat as before within the cargo hold Lucifer took to meditating as before, although he was somewhat puzzled as to the reason his master had prematurely ended his lesson, Lucifer reflected on this until he heard his voice through the ship's intercom call for him.

Making his way to the cockpit without hesitation Lucifer walked the hallways until he came to where his master was sitting, giving a low bow he spoke, his voice was one of caution and of worry for his master's sudden inclination to take off, despite there being no known threat. Thinking on this for but a moment, Lucifer put his worries aside, instead thinking on the moment at hand.

''You called for me my master.''

Akheron.jpg

The circles were in place. The laylines were drawn. Ten of the purest souls the galaxy had to offer stood in each of the four outer circles, and a single woman stood before Furion in the center. The sky was brimming with malice in anticipation, perhaps in response to his own, but with so many different energies culminating on this single point it was difficult to be sure. Acolytes and Sith, lords and masters alike, stood on the outer edges of the ground, spread evenly with the reverent words fresh in their minds. As soon as the ground was clear of all but those within the circles the chanting began.

It was low at first, a soft drizzle of directed passion akin to a forthcoming storm. Yet as the words grew familiar to their tongues, as their individual flood gates became accustomed to the directing their flow into a single essence while retaining their own, the murmurs started to take on a life of their own. The voice of many coalesced into the booming shout of the Dark side itself. To the novice it was indiscriminate cataclysm of emotion raging toward an arbitrary focus. To much for anyone to really comprehend. Save for an attuned few.

Black skies quivered and shook to the collective call, spirit broken and thoroughly oppressed. The innocent stood so completely awe struck and afraid the forthcoming loss of their lives was lost in the gravity of it all. This was greater than them, greater than everyone present. Well, most everyone, but time was of the essence.

Julio, who had thus far stood swaying to the silent song, snapped alive at the storms apex. With his guarded hand atop the forehead of the man sharing the center circle, his left hand shot to the sky, seemingly cracking it in the process with a deafening explosion. Heat lightning skirted around the cloud, where the silver lining should have been. But there was no bright side to what was transpiring this day.

Like his kin, Julio began to part the unholy words from his lips. His words were unlike those of his brethren. His words were ancient and unfamiliar with any lexicon the galaxy knew of, strewn with a command so absolute it gave a faint impression of the divine.

Violet lightning began striking the ground, dozens every second. At first the pattern was random, erratic like any other lightning storm, but after a few minutes passed the bolts got closer to the center and grew increasingly in number. Soon none on the outskirts could visually see beyond the virulent veil of violet voltage.

Still the strikes honed in toward the center, heeding the call of the one. The muddied ground began to boil beneath their feet, but still none within the circles said a word save Julio, his feverish sermon building momentum as the storm drew closer. Whispers had turned to talk, talk to shouts, and now rising even above the tides of chaos his shouts had turned to screams, fire at the tip of his tongue and hunger bold in his frantic eyes.

And then everything went still. The ritualized chanting from the acolytes ceased in an instant as if the wind was robbed from their lungs, the sonic turbulence above as calm as the void, and in that silence Julio screamed they final word of the ritual at the top of his lungs, carrying the dark curse as far as the Force would take it.

Most saw what next transpired as the sky saturating the sky with a single lightning bolt toward Master Furion, the flash so fleeting and they eyes of many so feeble it could easily be considered the natural conclusion. But those who know of lightning know that it was in fact Julio that struck up at the sky, tearing the unholy blast from the heavens themselves to cater to his will.

The bolt touched his fingertips first, spread through his chest, down his other arm into the accompanying woman, and down into the boiling mud. Saturated, the mud made a perfect conduit for the energies coursing through the Sith, arcing through the copper circles and bare feet of all who stood within the pit. Whereas standard electricity would simply fry those in connection, this bolt tore through their very souls, rending innocence into countless unidentifiable strands until only vague shadows remained. In that instant, when the souls of the innocent were fed up to the insatiable darkness, a great and terrible wound in the Force tore through the land they stood upon. All of this happened in the span of a single furious heart beat from the Sith Master. In that short time, Julio Furion felt a great change.

The blast gone as quick as it had come, those inside the cardinal circles dropped, dead before they hit the ground. The ground in the center circle was black, but not from the intense heat. The wound too manifest in the ground itself, and soon it began to spread. With each ragged breath from Julio, the wound stretched out farther and farther, steadily creeping toward all on the outskirts of the outlined land. As it drew closer, some panicked and turned to flee, only to be summarily struck down by those around them. Others held their fear like it was painted on their face, but did not run. And some stood stalwart, openly accepting whatever fate would befall them. Once the wound stretched to the very limits of the land, however, it stopped, and simply remained seething.

Julio collapsed the moment the wound had reached its limits.

Edited by Guest

"Can you sense it, Lucifer? There is a sense of dread and danger radiating through the force. The feeling is strongest in that region." DMD said, pointing at an unknown landmass below them.

"I can feel the presence of two very powerful Sith. One of them, I know to be my equal in the dark arts. The other, has powers that could possibly eclipse my own. He is one to watch." He said turning to Lucifer.

"The two of them together can't be good." He said, trying to figure out what was taking place on the surface. Some kind of ritual had been set in motion, but there was no indication of what the outcome would produce.

DMD thought back to his time on Korriban. There were several Sith acolytes that accompanied him on his raids into the tombs of the ancient Sith. Two Sith were sacrificed in the tomb of a long dead alchemist, well known for his dabblings in the macabre. Five pounds of flesh and one quart of blood was the price that they paid, dying horrible deaths so that DMD could retrieve the talisman.

He knew all to well, how Sith treated those they deemed beneath them. Marching a group of hopefuls out into the unknown, on some isolated planet did not sit well with him. He looked to his apprentice, wondering what he had rescued him from.

"My instincts lead me to believe you were to be sacrificed in some form or fashion. It is not in the Sith doctrine to share power. Least of all with those who had not been named as true Sith." He said.

"What are your thoughts on this, lord Lucifer?"

spawn.jpg

Lucifer felt the sudden change, as if a wound had been created in the force. Where before the planet was free of darkness, now he could feel the perpetuating flow of the darkside flowing freely and spreading across it's surface, as if controlled somehow.

At his master's instruction Lucifer spoke...

''I feel it, whereas before the darkside was not present now it is strong below. Something or someone has done something and disrupted the course of nature to our benefit...or theirs, there is a wound in the force, a pure torrent of unrelenting darkness. My thought's are that some arcane ritual is being conducted, some dark art to invoke the darkside and spread it's power through the planet. As for who these two are, one I have met only once briefly during my stay previously on Coruscant he goes by the title of Lord Furion, at the time he was a sith lord but I suspect he has grown by now, the other I do not know...but I have heard rumours of such a man. I suspect he may be our most secretive newly announced Dark Lord, here in the flesh so to speak which no doubt does not bode well for whoever is down there or for us.''

Lucifer paused a moment before he spoke again ''I also suspect you may be right in your assumption...however the force tells me this may not be the case, for if that were so the darkside would have seen that you not collect me when you did and I would be no more than a corpse by now. My suspicion is that some of the slaves, those whom I was forced to labor with, those weaker and more unfortunate than myself were used in the ritual in whatever fashion that was required for such a task. The location you pointed out seems to be where the temple I was helping to construct is located, it seems to be entwined with the ritual somehow...interesting to say the least, perhaps further investigation may be in order that we may see what exactly is going on down there and find out from the Dark Lord himself just how we fit into all this.''

Lucifer waited for his master to reply, knowing now just why he had suddenly moved. The kiffar thought on what had happened, it was a strange feeling...one moment the planet was pure the next it was as corrupted as his own black soul, very strange and most intriqueing.

Edited by Guest

Akheron.jpg