Trulalis

Tarrian Skywalker

Riktor Hess stepped out cautiously behind Dominus, not quite sure what to expect. Dominus was walking without any trace of fear, so Hess concluded that the older Sith Lord knew what he was doing. As he walked away from the ship, Hess looked around, trying to examine his surroundings. Certainly the place was an improvement over the last couple of planets he'd visited. In fact, Trulalis reminded Hess of his homeworld, Eriadu- albeit without the ever-expanding amounts of pollution suffocating that planet. This world was almost idyllic. Idyllic...except for a chill in the air that reminded Hess of why he was here.

At Dominus's command, Hess closed his eyes, filling his mind's eye with sight that was beyond sight. His ability to see objects in the Force was far from perfect, but was at least rudimentary. Having used this Force sight for the first time on Vjun, Hess found that this time proved much easier. It was still nothing compared to the perception Dominus must have had, but it was certainly a start. In this form of perception, Hess could feel his surroundings as if they were parts of him. The rocks on the ground glowed like sparking coals. Blades of grass in the wind flittered in his perception. But Hess was looking for something else. He turned to Darth Dominus-

Then Hess felt it. The same type of presence as he suddenly beheld within Dominus. In a way, Dominus was different; he was like a cold flame that burned unfettered and yet paradoxically contained within his mortal shell. But this other presence seemed to belong to no living being. It was faceless, shapeless; it was like a mist hanging over everything on this planet. In a single second, Hess could feel the presence of the Sith.

And there it was. The truth, revealed. All the tranquility and beauty and nature that Trulalis presented was an illusion- no more, no less. Maybe this world had been immaculate once, but that era had long passed. The Sith had come to this world and they had hollowed it out. Underneath this shell of natural beauty there beat the same dark heart as that of Vjun, and that of every-Sith controlled world. With every step Hess took, he felt the all-surrounding, all-consuming wrongness of this world contracting around him to steal his breath. The half-Kiffar felt a growing weight in his stomach, as if he'd swallowed lead. As stark as Vjun had been, this world Trulalis was far more malign. At least Vjun wore its darkness on its face. Trulalis hid its malice under a mask of pristine beauty.

"I can already feel it," gasped Hess, still trying to accustom himself to the weight of this world. "They've burned themselves into this planet. It's stronger here than it was on Vjun!"

darthvalar.jpg

"The sun also shines on the wicked." -Seneca

"That's because you are just learning. Their presence on Trulalis is more recent, and so you feel the dark side here easier. But make no mistake. Vjun is a far more powerful planet. The dark side runs deeper there. In time, you will learn to tap into such ancient power."

Dominus had brought one of his faceless droids with him. The creature emerged from the ship, carrying to finely crafted weapons. Dominus gripped one of the swords carefully, before tossing the other to Hess.

"We will train while we wait. You will show me how good you are at swordplay without the Force. Let's see what you've got."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

The Force announced Haphaestus' arrival like a storm in deep space a second before the Sith Master's small ship appeared out of hyperspace over Trulalis. It wasn't Vjun or Almas, but it was the world to which Dominus was now summoning him, so it was where he had come. Dominus was, after all, the only man in the galaxy from which Haphaestus would accept orders at this time, though he had been known to acquaint himself with Emperors in the past.

Presently, however, he was directing his nondescript craft down toward where he could feel Dominus' dark presence, an inviting beacon to him whereas it would be a warning to a Jedi.

Soon, the strange being, shrouded in a dark cloak, having put aside the armor he once wore, rose out of his cockpit and grabbed his darkstaff, the only weapon he needed to beat nearly any opponent in the galaxy into submission. His long strides allowed him to cover the remaining distance to he that was formerly Nurgle in short order. When he did so, he bowed. "Greetings, Master," he said. Then he glanced at the other being, a very organic gesture that he had picked up to make his communication more clear. "I see recruiting has been successful."

HOWEsON.png

Hess barely registered Dominus's voice anymore. The Sith Master was saying that Vjun was stronger in the Force than Trulalis, that Hess could- with time- learn how to master its age-old power. That this sublime aura was merely due to the recent presence of the Sith- that it was merely their stink. That Hess was so overwhelmed by this power because he was still a learner. None of this mattered to Riktor Hess. Darth Dominus had become unreal.

All that was real was Hess. Hess and the dark power flowing all around him. He had wanted to cry out mere seconds ago, but as the darkness washed over him, those seconds became minutes became hours. Became months. Years. Decades. It didn't matter. Time itself no longer existed. It never had. Only him and the blackness. All his horror had faded. Now he simply stared, fascinated, intoxicated. He could hear it speaking to him in a thousand lover's voices, promising him everything he had ever wanted. Anything he would ever want. Every atom in every corner of the entire universe- all his, if he wanted. Everything that existed- would ever exist. Power without limit. He saw it all, yet felt nothing. He never had. He wanted more- An answer to the promises. Then the blackness washed over him, and he could feel it; all of it. Totality. It washed over him and filled him and enveloped him- intimately- a lover. He smiled, sinking into the sea of blackness. He was part of it, yet it was not part of him.

But he felt it now. He felt its heartbeat. Its flow. It was like cancer, or a corpse, or a black river full of dead things. It was the heart of every shadow. It was anger- and it was rage- and it was murder. It was every malign thought. It was every dying breath. It was every name cursed in despair. Every destroyed dream. Every suicide. Every rape. Every scream of a murdered child, the blood dripping down their face...

r

It was beautiful.

i

So beautiful.

k

He was part of it, yet it was not part of him.

t

Was it?

o

r

HESS

Riktor Hess jolted forward, unrestrained terror in his eyes. He was on Trulalis and there was Dominus and who was this other Sith? Rapidly, he became aware of the sword now in his hand and the expectant look on Dominus's face. They were supposed to spar until the other Sith had arrived. A friend? An enemy? Riktor didn't care. He panted and panted, heart hammering in his chest, the naked terror still plain on his face. Riktor turned a full circle, looking all over for something that wasn't there. Then he realized that, for all this time, he had been smiling and baring his teeth; a predatory animal about to pounce on its prey. Finally, trying to control his breathing, Riktor looked Darth Dominus dead on in the eyes. "I saw..." he couldn't finish. Dimly, he realized that the darkness was still around him, only now it felt as normal as sunlight. This realization unnerved him further, but Riktor forced himself to control.

Hess said, "I saw a vision." He clamped his mouth shut, trying desperately not to look like some kind of weak fool in front of the two Sith. In a way, though, punishment seemed like a blessing after whatever Hess had...experienced.

darthvalar.jpg

Lucifer's arrival was announced in the force like the first drop of rain before a storm mere moments before his small ship appeared out of hyperspace over Trulalis. Finally he had returned to the training ground of future...and the new temple of the sith. Much had changed his his departure for now where before only a mud pit flowed stood a dark and foreboding building, the slaves had been busy little bees.

Landing in a clearing the sith lord made his way closer only to stop in his tracks when he felt the distinct presence of what appeared to be two very powerful individuals and what appeared to be a apprentice training moments before spotting them physically. Interesting one of the men seemed biologolical but something just didn't seem right...intriquing. Feeding on the dark presence of the planet the kiffar sith let his presence be known he was curious about these two having not met them before, calculating the chances he surmised they may possibly be most useful allies to his overall agenda, the force told him they were no threat however he knew not to trust that feeling entirely...everything was subject to change...everything.

Approaching cautiously the sith lord made no threatening gestures as he walked the short stroll to where the two stood. Simply observing for a short period the apprentice he was reminded of his time here of his breif training before Mortis took him to Byss before being brought back to the present. Giving a courteous bow as was what was expected the kiffar spoke to the one whom seemed to hold the most authority over the group...going by his presence in the force he seemed to be the most powerful of the three and would need to be watched even when spoken too, just in case.

''Greetings brothers. I couldn't help but sate my curiosity for I have not met many others of our creed around here or one whom seems to be quite the puzzle in the force to me, most are investigating the find of this...deathstar that perhaps you have heard about recently.''

Lucifer paused a moment before he continued trying to decipher the puzzle of the man who stood beside Dominus but finding no answer no matter how hard he tried in the force, for all his skill this man seemed an enigma, it was pretty obvious to whom the kiffar was referring when he mentioned a man who seemed to be a puzzle in the force to him (Haphaestus).

''I am Lord Lucifer may I inquire as to your names and be so bold as to ask...how is it that a man can be such a mystery even to the force, it intriques me and sets about my natural curiousity.''

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

Dominus handed his swords to one of his faceless droids, his wraith skin shimmering at the arrival of the two Darksiders. There would be no time for combat practice now. Dominus would need a whole different set of skills to navigate the labyrinth he was about to face. Haphaestus with his familiar strength had arrived and that comforted Dominus. But the other Sith with an unfamiliar, yet also quite powerful aura was the focus of Dominus. He steeled his mind against intrusion. Dominus had avoided the Sith out of caution they would interfere with his plans. He had reason to be cautious. Abaddon had nearly killed him, and even before that other Sith had seen him as a threat. But even more importantly, the knowledge bequeathed to him by Darth Rivan was not for the core of the Order to twist and destroy. It was not for them to know. And so facing Lord Lucifer, with his provocative name, it would be important for Dominus to choose his words carefully. A man does not embrace such a name without the wherewithal to back it up.

Which was why Dominus did not correct Haphaestus when he assumed logically, but incorrectly that Hess was a recruit for the Alcazarins. He ignored Haphaestus comment when Lord Lucifer approached them, knowing his old friend would be wise enough to choose his words. Nor did he immediately acknowledge Hess's vision. Both of the Sith had spoken only moments before Lucifer arrived, and so they no doubt noticed Dominus' wariness.

Hess's state was most concerning to Dominus. From Hess's physical reaction, and the strong emotion Hess was not yet trained enough to disguise, Dominus knew Lucifer would be aware something had happened to the apprentice. Sith were not above tampering with the apprentice's of their brethren, and Dominus would have to try his best to downplay Hess's experience. In this case, honesty was the wisest course.

"I am Master Dominus," the Alcazarin said, making sure Lucifer was aware Dominus was no Sith Lord, "This is Master Haphaestus, and my apprentice, who calls himself Hess. It is regrettable we have not had the chance to meet before, but I have not been engaged directly with the Order for some time."

Already making it obvious you are pursuing your own ends. Watch your words more carefully.

As Dominus moved, his wraith skin shifted, constantly adapting to the light of his surroundings. The effect was not invisibility, as wraith's could only truly be invisible in darkness. Instead it was an ever changing mosaic of silver and black.

"You caught us at a good time. I was instructing my apprentice on how to make himself more open to the farsight some Sith are lucky enough to experience. Perhaps you two could help me interpret his experience. Tell us, were you actually able to see anything?" Of course, Dominus already knew Hess believed he had. He could only hope Hess's outburst had been the result of overzealousness common to apprentices or a benign vision that would not draw him under the eye of Lord Lucifer. Dominus knew well that some Sith wished to purge the order of apprentices who might grow more powerful than they, or otherwise manipulate their skills. But he gave no sign to Hess, not wanting the apprentice to make the grievous mistake of lying, which a Sith Lord like Lucifer would easily detect.

Don't lie to yourself either. You are being selfish. If Hess really had a vision, he may be stronger in the Force than you believed. It would be beneficial to have sole influence over him. Do not let power games get in the way of carrying out your true Master's vision.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Hess looked on silently as a third Sith arrived, introducing himself as "Lord Lucifer" and pledging unfamiliarity with Dominus. Now it's a party, Hess thought sardonically to himself. He hoped that the humorous remark would cool down his nerves, but truth be told his heart was still pounding in his ears. Seeing the unreadable expressions of Dominus and the other Sith, Hess inwardly cursed his leaking emotions. Like it or not, he was an open book to all three of these Sith Lords. This could easily become a grave situation; recognizing this fact slightly sobered Hess. He took deep breaths, finally able to control his rapid breathing.

Dominus took the sword from Hess and handed it to his faceless servitor. Then he introduced himself, Hess, and the other Sith- "Master Haphaestus." Interesting. They knew each other, it seemed, or were at least familiar with one another. Perhaps this Haphaestus would prove to be an ally.

Darth Dominus said, "You caught us at a good time. I was instructing my apprentice on how to make himself more open to the farsight some Sith are lucky enough to experience. Perhaps you two could help me interpret his experience. Tell us, were you actually able to see anything?"

Hess's eyes darted back and forth. He hesitated for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "Yes...Master," Hess added carefully. He hadn't used that honorific in the past, but he needed to be careful around this audience. "When I first stepped onto this planet, I was overwhelmed by the power I felt. It was all around me, and it frightened me. But that wasn't the vision." Hess surveyed the Sith Lords. "All of a sudden, Trulalis was gone. So was Master Dominus. I felt as though nothing existed aside from myself and...and the darkness surrounding me. Even time ceased to exist." His features became cloudy. "The blackness was...it was alive. It whispered to me. It promised me anything I'd ever want. Then it showed me. It..." he fell silent for a moment. "I wanted more than just empty promises. It promised me every atom in the universe but I wanted to feel that power, not just see it. So the blackness...engulfed me. I became part of it.

"I could feel the whole thing. All of the darkness, everywhere. Every horrible thing that happened, I could feel it and see it all at the same time. I... can't even begin to describe what that felt like. I...I don't know if I can." Hess hesitated once more. "I don't know if I was still me. Me or something...something else. I started to remember my name in bits and pieces, but the vision was so strong. I felt...all I can say is that it was like being God." He swallowed. "I remembered my whole name and then the vision was gone. And then I was back here, with the rest of you, and I was myself again. An individual. Me. But I don't think I'm the same. I can still sense the darkness, or the dark side or whatever the hell it's supposed to be called but it feels familiar now. Like...like we shared something. Or..." Hess didn't even want to finish, but there was no hiding secrets from the Sith. "...as if it's a part of me now."

He abruptly finished, standing there without a word. He had emptied himself.

darthvalar.jpg

Lucifer listened to his words, it seemed they both were of the same, for the kiffar also had not been among his own for a short while, his time in chaos having seperated him from them not once but twice. With this thought though came the revelation so far pursuing his own agenda had led to nothing but trouble and death...perhaps he was pursuing the wrong thing.

This thought troubled him, had he really been so caught up in his own plans that he had lost himself to the blackness of his own heart. For the first time the sith lord begun to realise...truly he was lost and in need of direction, not having his former master to guide him he had grown blinded in arrogance and for the first time he realised his error.

How can I have not known until now...blinded by arrogance was I, did it take this moment to see clearly. No more today a fresh start arises, a new path begins, a second chance presents itself, perhaps this man may provide the answers I seek to a higher path and ammend my flaws, a return to the old ways free of the corruption that has crippled the order.

It was time to make ammends...time for change, this sith master, Dominus was the one that had made him aware of such error, he came to the realisation that perhaps it was the forces doing that he had been guided here and not by his own design.

After this brief moment of deep thought the sith lord listened to the apprentice, making the first step to change Lucifer decided he would not take him from his master but honor the man by helping him, at last he would become honorable as he once was in a former life and be a honorable sith in return worthy of memory, he recalled a text he had once seen inside the cavernous Byss hideout about a ancient sith who was of honor, recalling the name he remembered him going by the ominous Darth Rivan, such a sith was what he wanted to become, removed of the main order yet honorable, lawful...yet still a sith.

It was on that thought he found what needed to be done, the order needed to be repaired. With this he sent a message to the sith master Dominus whom seemed more wraith than man such power was what he longed for yet which seemed so far from his grasp, a ominous, simple yet message straight to the point all the while he listened to Hess and determined how to react.

Forgive the intrusion but I find this way the more practical option of sending a message considering the circumstances of the moment. I owe a thanks albeit I doubt you understand my reasons why. It is a thanks in that with your wording that you have provided me a revelation about myself. To be more clear allow me to explain, I as you have been seperate from the order for some time not by choice but by death...twice has it been this way. I had been pursuing my own agenda I shall not try to deny the fact but in standing here and listening I have become aware of my flaws...my arrogance in pursuing such single minded thoughts and pursuits. It is why I have come to the conclusion that I will start anew this day and wish to follow the ways of old to follow a higher path of both honor, power and lawful pursuit in much the same way as a sith I recall from my studies on Byss a certain Darth Rivan whom I read upon in a great many texts. I owe both to myself and the order to repair the corruption that has plagued it. I would do anything to achieve it and regain my lost honor while also continuing my pursuit of power but how that is the question which remains unanswered and I am curious how can one find such harmony without sacrificing one for the other this is the enigma which drives me.

Meanwhile outside the realm of the mind Lucifer spoke openly on the matter of the vision, his new revelation, indeed change of mind clear as day.

''Hmm...it seems to be that the darkside is calling to you in your thoughts almost as if to tell you something for as a part of the force it is sentiant in nature but we control it, just as with a wild beast being tamed so to is the darkside like this in nature, wild and ferral but with control can become a weapon unlike you have ever known, if that control is lost it becomes wild again and thus so to is your mind is lost along with it which is why we must be ever careful with it's use and be mindful of some of it's elements.''

Edited by Guest

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

Haphaestus listened to the proceedings and studied the kiffar that joined their group. He was immediately wary, for this man was still a Sith, and thus his ways were those of betrayal and mistrust. Those things had no place in the Alcazarins. Haphaestus had never truly been a Sith--he had been created and trained by Nurgle, who was now Darth Dominus. He had little love for the Sith, but apparently Dominus was satisfied with letting some join, enlightening themselves to a new view of the dark side of the Force.

A new view that now Hess was experiencing. Haphaestus spoke, his voice deep and sounding mechanized filtered through his mask. He address first Lucifer. "The Force is not sentient," he said. "It is an energy field that spans time and space, and it serves us not by any consciousness."

He turned back to Hess. "What you have experienced I believe is referred to as The Dark. It is a unifying principle of the Force that transcends the simplified light and dark sides that the Jedi and Sith follow," he said. "From darkness all things came, and to it all this will fall again. As Alcazarins, it is our destiny to rule it in the interim, and ensure that, at the end, oblivion again takes it. This is what your vision means."

HOWEsON.png

Lucifer listened carefully, strange he had not heard of nor been truly told what the force truly was before...only that it was semi sentiant in nature to a degree. Only now had he been awoken to what it really was, did it take so long for him to realise this, what a fool he had been.

Speaking out the kiffar let his feelings known on the matter.

''Strange, I was of the opinion that it was semi sentiant and that there only a light and dark with no room for a middle ground, it seems two have been enlightened today. I know it to be true that from the darkness were all born and it is to that darkness we shall all return someday until then chaos reigns...corruption that is in need of ending. This Alcazarin an order I take it I have not heard of such a thing or ever had the pleasure of being apart of what seems a cause worth fighting for, I served myself but after today I see I was flawed in thought. It has brought me to the conclusion that such thing as serving ourselves only serves to harm us..where a cause only serves to strenghthen...and is worth fighting for, dying for and so I have been enlightened. For this reason I ask if you would accept me I would serve you both wherever or whenever I am needed and aid in restoring what should rightfully be, it seems the force works in most mysterious of ways and that it is clear to me now it brought me here for this reason and not my original intention.''

Akheron.jpg

Darth Dominus could not believe that Haphaestus had uttered the name Alcazarin in the presence of Hess and Lucifer. Haphaestus knew secrecy was of the most importance. He knew the history of Rivan and the mistakes that had led to his destruction. Dominus did not understand how Haphaestus could be so careless.

Careful. Haphaestus is a Prophet of Rivan now. Did you forget that? He has as much right to carry out his will as you do.

Dominus had, in fact, forgotten that Rivan had revealed himself to Haphaestus. Dominus was not the sole arbiter of Rivan's will any longer. That was something he would need to accept quickly. The Master spoke to both of them now, and if Haphaestus saw fit to tell Lucifer of the Alcazarins, it could only be at Rivan's behest. Dominus checked his anger and supported Haphaestus as the cyborg had so often supported Dominus.

"It is not that easy Lord Lucifer. Even my own apprentice has not been accepted into the Alcazarins. Ours is an Order of Secrets, and of loyalty. It is obviously Rivan's Will that this offer is presented to you. So I want you to take a moment and consider what it means to be an Alcazarin. Are you prepared to abandon the Sith obsession with power? Are you prepared to stand against all forces who threaten Rivan's vision, even if they are fellow Sith? This is not a decision you can go back on. Literally, once you join the Alcazarins it is not possible to leave, short of death. The power of Rivan is such that if I were to change my allegiance right now, and strike at Haphaestus, the blow would kill us both. You will be Force bonded, and that is something you cannot break, short of death."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Riktor Hess was relieved to find that his racing pulse had slowed down. While the haunting vision still ate away at his soul, Hess let the interactions between the other Sith distract him for the moment. He cautiously moved his gaze from Sith-to-Sith, making sure to follow the flow of their speech. These observations were becoming more interesting by the minute.

The first Sith to address him had been the kiffar, Lucifer. As a half-breed kiffar himself, Hess briefly wondered if he should feel any kinship with the Sith Lord. He couldn't deny an unmistakable twinge of jealousy, but it fell to the back of his mind as Lucifer spoke. "Hmm...it seems to be that the darkside is calling to you in your thoughts almost as if to tell you something for as a part of the force it is sentiant in nature but we control it, just as with a wild beast being tamed so to is the darkside like this in nature, wild and ferral but with control can become a weapon unlike you have ever known, if that control is lost it becomes wild again and thus so to is your mind is lost along with it which is why we must be ever careful with it's use and be mindful of some of it's elements."

Hess had briefly ruminated on Lucifer's words. The kiffar spoke much of the dark side, a particular phrase Hess himself had never embraced. He had believed in one Force that could be used in various ways. The dark side as a separate aspect was an idea Hess had given little thought...until now. After his vision, Hess no longer felt secure in his beliefs. Suddenly nothing was certain.

This was when things had gotten interesting. Haphaestus had turned to Lucifer and, to Hess's surprise, blatantly corrected the kiffar. "The Force is not sentient. It is an energy field that spans time and space, and it serves us not by any consciousness." The masked sith spoke in a rumbling, metallic bass. What is he? As if responding to Hess's thought, Haphaestus had addressed him next. "What you have experienced I believe is referred to as The Dark. It is a unifying principle of the Force that transcends the simplified light and dark sides that the Jedi and Sith follow. From darkness all things came, and to it all this will fall again. As Alcazarins, it is our destiny to rule it in the interim, and ensure that, at the end, oblivion again takes it. This is what your vision means."

Hess deduced three things from Haphaestus's statement.

First: That Haphaestus was, like Dominus, a member of the Alcazarin organization. Dominus had called them an unpopular splinter sect of the Sith.

Second: That the Alcazarins, or at least Haphaestus, did not consider themselves Sith. Haphaestus had dismissed Jedi and Sith beliefs as "simplified" and never once referred to himself as being a Sith. He didn't refer to Dominus as one, either. This was telling, but not as telling as his third observation.

Third: That Haphaestus thought Hess was being trained as an Alcazarin, not as a Sith. Haphaestus, a Force Master who could certainly read minds and who Hess had thought he was utterly naked before, didn't know he was being trained as a Sith. Right at the start of their training, Dominus had admitted his allegiance to the Alcazarins and promised to train Hess separately. Hess didn't know a being as powerful as Haphaestus could make such a glaring mistake; not just in front of Hess, but in front of the kiffar Sith Lord as well.

Of course, these three observations did not occur to Hess instantly. At first he simply stared at Haphaestsus, caught off-guard by the Master's contradicton of Lucifer. Then, in a surprising twist, Lucifer immediately admitted his own inferiority to Haphaestus and Dominus! Apparently he found Haphaestus quite the powerful speaker, as the kiffar was now pledging himself to the will of the Alcazarins. As the others entered a discourse, Hess pieced together his three important observations.

Presently, Dominus was telling Lucifer all about Alcazarin philosophy and whether or not Lucifer would be able to stand up to his fellow Sith in favor of the Alcazarins. This, too, was very telling. Now Hess knew that the Alcazarin leader (or perhaps their god) was a figure called "Rivan," and that all Alcazarin members were held together by some kind of symbiotic bond. It was all very curious. Having become little more than a spectator, Hess continued making his observations, idly wondering if he himself would be faced with Lucifer's choice in the near future.

darthvalar.jpg

True darkness loomed as Oni's presence arrived at Trulalis, the Alcazarin brother quickly following in suit of his comrades. He had come as soon as Dominus chose to call upon him, an as such, set ShadowFalcon down not far from his former Master's current location. He could feel the darkened planet's resonance, it's rebirth a haven for all those who chose the darkened path of the Sith, a perfect place for Dominus to make his appearance. So it was no shock to Oni to find the Alcazarins amidst them. Gathering himself, he set forth.

"Dominus stands correct." Oni spoke as he arrived, having caught the tail end of the conversation. "And even then, you would have made very powerful enemies. Death would not save you from your treachery"

Oni chuckled briefly, allowing Dominus time to recognize his arrival before embracing his brother. "It is good to see you alive and well brother." It had been nearly three years since he last saw the being Nurgle chose to inhabit, and even now, it was hard to see anything but the former Chaos God that resided within. His gaze fell upon Dominus' apprentice Hess. "I see yet another now follows in my footsteps just as i did in Haphaestus'. Truly, you know to choose the powerful."

Realizing he had not introduced himself, Oni bows, his blackened coat feathering in the rear and his golden locks holding their form. His own appearance had changed since last Dominus' had saw him, a means to hid himself among the masses.

"Forgive me. I am Lord Oni.." Oni stands back up. "I am, for lack of a better word, the last 'recruit' to walk the path you both now take."

"It is not that easy Lord Lucifer. Even my own apprentice has not been accepted into the Alcazarins. Ours is an Order of Secrets, and of loyalty. It is obviously Rivan's Will that this offer is presented to you. So I want you to take a moment and consider what it means to be an Alcazarin. Are you prepared to abandon the Sith obsession with power? Are you prepared to stand against all forces who threaten Rivan's vision, even if they are fellow Sith? This is not a decision you can go back on. Literally, once you join the Alcazarins it is not possible to leave, short of death. The power of Rivan is such that if I were to change my allegiance right now, and strike at Haphaestus, the blow would kill us both. You will be Force bonded, and that is something you cannot break, short of death."

Lucifer listened carefully to these words before making his decision. The kiffar thought on it before answering...loyalty, it was a word he seldom knew of since he joined the sith for most had been self absorbed leaving the sith to fend for himself, fulfilling their own agenda's as he once had. Power...he knew what became of those who sort it, usually death, corruption he would not become such a soul, having died twice he knew the cost of such a trivial pursuit. Enemies he had many...and yet he knew more were to come on that thought the sith lord replied to the question not moment before another darksider turned up...a man he did not know but seemed to know Dominus from another life it also seemed he too wanted to join the Alcazarins, it became clear now...the force was working hard in Rivan's name to bring such a group together in such numbers...it was as if he was wishing to gather strength for the coming tide.

Speaking to the man briefly he spoke.

''A pleasure Lord Oni...I am Lord Lucifer I know the journey shall be thwart with dangers and I shall make many enemies...powerful enemies it is a consequance I accept of any action I should take and as such I am aware of the risks I have thought long and hard on it since I met Master Dominus and Master Haphaestus, they have shown me another path one only a fool would decline where the rewards far outweigh such risks.''

With that sentiment Lucifer faced Dominus his intent clear and his mind made before he even spoke.

''I am aware and considered what it means I would not still be standing here if it were not so. I am also prepared to abandon the ideals I once previously followed and forsake them for a better path, I have seen and felt what the obsession with power can do...such a way of living may only lead to death and corruption if not more it is something I have experienced on a personal level and is something I strongly urge against. I shall follow Rivan's vision for he is the revelation that set me free, he is the spark this galaxy needs to set it free of it's chains and in his presence we are humbled those who would seek to harm such a vision will suffer swift justice by thy hand. If another sith were to attempt to stop such a vision I shall have no qualms about ending their lives and showing them the error of their ways and thus I have made my decision. If you would have me I would follow you and all who follow Rivan's vision by bonding may I come closer to him and true brothers of arms.''

Lucifer gave a bow of sorts a sign that he was indeed serious of his decision and of his new devotion. the kiffar could only imagine what awaited him, truly he was changed.

Akheron.jpg

Haphaestus watched for a moment silently, mentally smiling a bit at Dominus' surprise that he had let out the name of their order. He knew what he was doing--if none that were not members of their sect ever heard the name, then the name would lose its meaning. A secret was only worth keeping if someone knew it was being kept from them. A whispered name could inspire fear; a name that no one knew could not be whispered. Even if those present did not become a part of the order, their knowledge of its existence without being privy to its secrets was actually a benefit to the order.

At least, that was Haphaestus' theory. Presently, as he listened to Lucifer speak, he identified one of the organic "toxins" that his systems identified as one of the more common and his biology recognized as mistrust. It was a mix of caution and anger, which were closely related to fear and hate. Haphaestus had long ago recognized that it did not make one a coward to feel fear; rather, fear was one of the most essential of organic instincts, something that was even programmed into droids because of its importance. Hate... well, hate was essential to any wielder of the dark side, and in this case, it was a hate for the Sith that Haphaestus felt.

So he accessed the bond between himself and Dominus and spoke into his Master's mind, words that would be imperceptible to Lucifer and Hess. However, he did tilt his head in Dominus' direction, suggesting to the others that there were indeed thoughts being shared. "Lucifer seems genuine in his desire to serve a cause, but deception and betrayal are characteristics of the Sith. He is using many words to attempt to reinforce his position when few would suffice. I do not think that we can entrust him with our secrets based on his word alone."

Of course, it had been done correctly before. Haphaestus regarded Oni and his warm greeting of Dominus, much like the greeting he had received when he had saught the man out. This was not a Sith Lord, though he may once have considered himself that. Just as Haphaestus bore the title of Sith Master when necessary, though he had never truly been one.

HOWEsON.png

"Your presence is welcome Lord Oni."

Dominus has been partially swayed by Lucifer's speech. Haphaestus reminded him to tread carefully. Lucifer clearly had a Force-enhanced gift for persuasion. This was a dangerous situation on a number of levels. Should Lucifer be attempting to infiltrate the Alcazarins for his own ends, the result could be disastrous. But if he was genuine, he could become equally dangerous should he feel Dominus and the others were slighting him. Their Force-bond allowed them to converse silently and they were strong enough to block any intrusion. Still, Dominus revealed no secrets as he projected into Haphaestus' mind.

He's a Sith don't forget, and they tend to be long-winded. Still, I trust your judgment. We cannot yet take him to our home. That is one secret only Alcazarins should be allowed to know and until we trust him he cannot go there. What test do you propose to make sure he is genuine?

With Lord Oni's arrival, Dominus realized this was the greatest concentration of Alcazarins in some time. And it was on the home base of the Sith. Dominus was able to speak aloud and converse with Haphaestus mentally, and he did so now,

"Your words are an important gesture Lord Lucifer. But as I'm sure you'll understand, we must be sure of your intentions. Even my own apprentice knows none of our secrets."

Hess was waiting patiently as Dominus dealt with Alcazarin business and he would soon be rewarded. Dominus intended to give him his trials and advance him out of apprenticeship very soon.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

"It is not our responsibility to find a way to satisfy ourselves that he is trustworthy, Dominus," Haphaestus communicated through the Force. "It is his responsibility to earn our trust." His gaze bore down on Lucifer, completely emotionless in that they were unmoving and yet somehow carrying the weight of someone plotting your doom or wondering which of your internal organs was the tastiest. It was almost a passive, natural cruelty was imbued in this being. Of course, Haphaestus was generally not blindly evil for the sake of being so, but he drew on the Force through emotion, wielding the dark side, and thus he was not afraid to let negative emotions flow through him.

Now he spoke aloud, that gaze still fixed on Lucifer. "You claim you wish to join us, but you do so only with words. Show us why we should trust you. Do something that will leave no doubt where your loyalties lay, and perhaps Rivan through us will deem you worthy," he said, his voice controlled, commanding, all the strength of a hurricane tamed into simple words, each syllable almost contrived, as if their intonation had been written along with the letters and then pronounced.

HOWEsON.png

Lucifer listened intently, he knew more than words were required...it was natural to be sure of his loyalty afterall he knew there was no reason the two men had reason to trust him just yet however he would do as was necessary to earn such trust.

As Haphaestus spoke so did the kiffar reply in kind.

''I know I am a outsider, a unknown factor but I assure you my intent is true and genuine no matter how it seems. I know you have reason enough not to trust me...I am a sith that cannot be denied but if a true test of my loyalty is required so shall I do what is necessary to gain both your trust and that of Rivan's. Here is my com frequancy expect to hear from me shortly informing of my tasks success for now I travel that we may become as brothers.''

With that sentiment the kiffar gave a bow before leaving Hess, Dominus, Oni and Haphaestus to themselves after handing over his com frequancy to Dominus as was anticipated. Heading to his ship the sith lord made for the stars his quest begun.

Akheron.jpg

Hess stared blankly as the kiffar Sith shambled off, claiming that he would vindicate his newfound loyalty to the Alcazarins. Soon enough, Lucifer's ship blasted off into the clear skies. The Sith Lord's sudden conversion to Alcazarin ideals and apparent rejection of power might have heartened Hess once. Might have. But all the years of inadequacy and contempt for life had buried such warm feelings. To Hess, it was quite clear: Lucifer was either lying and would sell them out to the Sith posthaste; or he was a pathetically weak-willed creature. The man had been on this planet for, what, 10 minutes at most and he was already swayed? Hess scowled. Such an unthinking animal wasn't even worthy of his notice, much less his respect.

That just left him and the Alcazarins.

"For the record, I think Lucifer would be a great butler. You guys should look into that," said Hess with spontaneous levity.

darthvalar.jpg

Oni simply smiled and gave an approving nod as Lucifer spoke. Haphaestus stood correct in his assumption that Oni had never truly been a Sith Lord in the sense of the title, but never had he been a Jedi either. For Oni, his path within the Force was a simple one, a path of true freedom, to become the force wielder he chose to be and not what was expected of him by the opposing Orders. Perhaps it was this very reason Nurgle had trained him, and why his loyalties to his Alcazarin brothers ran so deep.

"Haphaestus is correct." Oni thought, joining in his brethren's mental conversation through their shared bond. "However sincere he may seem to be, trust is something one can only earn. It cannot be given. Just as we all have learned."

Oni made sure to imprint memories of Vjun within his thoughts, of Nurgle's duel with Exodus, of Trowa Barton's escape, reasons they all had to remain leery of such Sith. Only Dominus had the means to wipe their existence from the minds of others if it came to it, but only if he was able to see the truth. Not that Oni didn't believe Dominus was incapable, only that some lies begin as half truths. Even the powerful could believe such things if they were to allow themselves to be blinded to it.

Oni took a seat upon a nearby boulder as Lucifer made his exit, casually lighting up a cigarette and grabbing ahold of his flagon of Tarisian ale from his waist. Letting the golden mead slide down his throat was quite refreshing on a day such as this one. Wiping the foam from his face, Oni placed the leather pouch back upon his side and took a drag off the tobacco. A chuckle erupted briefly as Hess finished speaking.

"I like this one Dominus." Oni spoke aloud through his chuckle. "A great sense of humor, and free spirited i might add. He has yet to speak his opinion though..."

Oni's gaze turns to Hess.

"Tell me apprentice." Oni's face remains cheerful and tranquil, at least for the moment. "Am i to understand right that Dominus offers you the same chance? If so, please, tell me what are your thoughts on our Order."

While waiting for Hess' answer, Oni looks toward Dominus first, then to Haphaestus, a playful grin upon his face. All the while though, Oni leaves himself open for Dominus to probe, a sign for Dominus to understand that Oni had not meant to overstep his boundaries. After all, the Alcazarin was mutually curious about the situation he had walked into. Rejoining their shared bond, Oni speaks of another matter while he awaits Hess.

"Dominus, Haphaestus..." Oni thoughts are clear and serious. "When we return to Almas,i'd like to speak to you both about advancement. I believe it time for my trials."

Dominus took the comm. He would be careful though, that the device never reach Almas, just in case it could be traced there. Dominus had prepared quarters for himself here, and instructed one of his faceless droids to hold onto the comm. If Dominus needed to use it, he could send a message through his droid.

"You were right Haphaestus," Dominus said, ignoring Hess's impudence. "But it's a dangerous thing for him to know so much about us, and yet not be one of us. I hope we handled that situation correctly."

Dominus was serious about Hess's trials. But he hadn't expected an inquiry from Oni as well.

"Haphaestus can give you the Master trials. But you know that ranks are irrelevant in the Alcazarins. The only time I use Master and Lord is in front of Sith."

Dominus wasn't sure why Oni wanted a meaningless honorific. He hoped it was to help Oni in his interactions with the Sith, and not because he still clung to the Sith ways.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Hess was admittedly caught off-guard as one of the Alcazarins- Lord Oni, was it?- chuckled at his joke. Apparently this one was a more jovial sort than Dominus and Haphaestus. All the Force users Hess had seen up to this point, though, had been focused and stoic. It grew tiresome after a while; these solemn types carried themselves with such pomp that sometimes you just had to laugh. Still, the chuckle was surprising and almost jarring.

"Tell me apprentice", Oni asked, "Am i to understand right that Dominus offers you the same chance? If so, please, tell me what are your thoughts on our Order."

After a moment's hesitation, Hess spoke up. He said, "I can't say I really know your Order, aside from what I've just heard. Master Dominus is only training me as a Sith, not as an Alcazarin. Perhaps I'll be offered Lucifer's choice in the future...but I can't say what my decision will be. Unlike Lucifer, I think about my life choices before making them." He smirked. "You seem to hold yourselves to higher standards than the Sith and your bonds appear very strong. That's...admirable. But where I end up isn't important to me right now. Sith or Alcazarin, all that matters now is that Riktor Hess ceases to exist." His grey eyes became steely. "Then I'll decide. Whatever I am then."

All around Hess, the darkness quivered, as if it was laughing.

darthvalar.jpg

Oni thinks for a moment after Hess speaks, the Alcazarin most impressed by his answer. Truly, the Apprentice showed wisdom beyond most Sith Lords, a testament of sorts to Dominus' teachings no doubt. The former Chaos God may have lost his immortality and power, but he was far from being the lowly shell he believed himself to be. Surely Hess would come to know just how fortunate he was, just as Oni had so long ago.

A brief chuckle erupted internally. He was certain now that Hess would join them soon enough. To follow in the Father's footsteps was the shared destiny of all the Chaos God's children.

"I agree." Oni finally speaks, taking another drag from his cigarette. "The choice to become an Alcazarin is not a lightly taken decision. To do so is to share a bond beyond even that of Master and Apprentice, willingly and eternally. You must be certain of your choice, because once done, there is no turning back."

"However.." Oni's face sterns briefly, and he makes no attempts to hide the seriousness of his tone. ".. If you do decide to join us, realize that from then on out, you'll only be welcome among fellow Alcazarins fully. The Jedi know us only as Sith, and the Sith will view us as heretics. Betrayal would only leave you in a galaxy full of enemies with no allies to be found. Such is our burden for our beliefs."

Oni's face turns jovial once again and he laughs whole heartily, his only known moments of seriousness occuring during talks of his comrades and their beliefs. For the rest of the time, what you saw is what you got. Such was Oni's nature. Not that he didn't possess a demonic side of his own, but only enemies were known to glimpse it. And none of those few live to tell the tale. Taking another drink from his flagon after casually tossing the cigarete butt to the side, Oni continues his mental conversation with Dominus.

"A wise Apprentice you've got there, Dominus." Oni's thoughts are filled with his own training under Nurgle, remembering Vjun, Dagobah, and Almas. So much time had gone by, but Oni still found himself fond of that time. Like Hess, he sought to find himself. And only through Nurgle did he. Perhaps Hess would share that fate. "He reminds me of myself when you found me, minus the C-3PO unit i was forced to inhabit."

"Don't worry.." Oni grants Dominus visions of Sith Lightning, Alchemy, and the Influence he could have over their former Order. "You know as well as i do what i would benefit to gain by taking such a rank. I may be an equal among you and Haphaestus. But to them, i am nothing but a lowly Sith Lord. If we are to spread Rivan's will, even my restrictions must be lessened."

• 2 weeks later...

Haphaestus' air was one of brooding as the conversation continued around him. It was mostly pointless blather, punctuated by some humor that Haphaestus found suited to the subject but otherwise meaningless. There was some talk about Oni advancing to Master, though that, too, was but a pointless gesture, and it appeared that Haphaestus was to be the one that administered them nonetheless.

He briefly reviewed in his memory banks his own ascension to Master. There had been no formal trial, but it had been immediately following Haphaestus' reincarnation after his fall at Maltauros. He had simply fought, and in the wake of his defeat he had been raised in rank for his performance irrespective of the results. It was not, he noted, typically how he would think of the trials of a dark sider.

Haphaestus had also witnessed Trowa Barton being raised to that rank. More appropriate to Nurgle's style, Barton had duelled the chaos god and proved his strength, his deservedness for the title. Since Oni was not now emerging from some great battle, as Haphaestus had been, Haphaestus accepted the example from Barton as an appropriate Master Trial.

The dark being turned to face Oni now. "If you can prove to me that you have earned that rank, I will bestow it upon you," he said. His darkstaff slid off his back and into his hands. "Dominus, feel free to spend time with your apprentice while I take care of this. Now, Oni, have at me."

((I challenge you to a 3-post duel, Sith X. However, it will not be modded, but since I get the last post, I'll bring it to a suitable end for story purposes.))

HOWEsON.png

Typically, Oni was rarely known to take duels so seriously, possibly due to his self confidence or that fact that he drove himself to find fun even in the unlikely of places. Such was his character. But as Haphaestus turned and spoke, Oni knew well enough that today he would have to push himself in a different direction. He hadn't expected his trials so soon, but he was in a good enough mood already. Tossing yet another cigarette butt, he stood to face his opponent, gauging the severity of the moment perfectly.

Haphaestus was a serious fellow, even among droids and other cyborgs. It was simply his nature to brood, a complex being of strict protocols and to simply be as he wished. As for Oni, he was generally his opposite, joyful and loose. It was in Oni's nature to take the galaxy as it was, to accept the nature of others and express his own desires to enjoy the life he had been given. But as his gaze connected with Haph's, both shared a common atmosphere. If Oni was to pass, he would have to take it as serious as his opponent.

Not that it mattered to Oni, but he could feel Haphaestus' and Dominus' questions about why he wanted to attain such a rank despite being Alcazarin. It was a simple reason as far as Oni was concerned, perhaps even a bit of his Sith past being behind it, but Oni simple to attain it because he could. To test his caliber, to see if he had what it took. And not to mention the rank of Master would allow him more freedom among his former Order as well as open doors to the Force's darkest secrets. It was well known among the Sith Order that only Masters could practice Sith Lightning, a powerful force Oni only came across during his Lording.

"I suppose i should come at you full force..." Oni spoke, granting Haphaestus a rare look at the demon he truly was, a sight even Dominus had yet to view. Oni's cold eyes became glossed over with a mysterious onyx substance, his cuspids became elongated, and his frontal skull bone grew disfigured momentarily before reforming and re-enforcing his forehead. The demon known as Oni had shown his true face. "I thank you brother. I shall honor you with all that i am."

Oni wasted no time. At first his power emanated as mere ripples as he stretched his mind forth. But soon waves began to pulsate from Oni, pressure capable of extinguishing existing life poured out from him, as he brought forth his Darkmetal Axe and bowed in respect. Suddenly his twin Darkblades released themselves from his back and sprung to life, their blackened blades humming an eerie tune, a sound no other lightsaber had ever produced. Without warning, they shot forth and began to attack Haphaestus, intending to throw the Alcazarin off balance. Oni took no chances.

While it was true that Oni could never harm Haphaestus without harming himself in return, something most would call a burden of their shared bond, Oni still intended to prove himself at the very least. Not that he wanted to hurt Haphaestus, but Oni knew he would only prove himself by entering this battle with those intentions. As sparks flew from the Darkblade's contact with the Darkmetal Staff, Oni gathered a ball of pure telekinetic energy and launched it Haph's way shortly before he made his own charge.

Oni's speed was admirable, his natural speed enhanced by both his Necrocirrhosis Mutation and by his training in the Force, it would appear to most as if his form had simply vanished. But not for Haphaestus. He knew too well his presence would be traceable, if only by his skill as a Master alone. Following behind the ball of energy, Oni took a swing at Haphaestus, his Darkmetal Axe intent on burying it's self into his fleshy(?) abdomen and hindering his movement. Haphaestus could easily be repaired, and Oni knew Haphaestus would expect such brutality, even from a demon such as he.

(1)

Haphaestus was in a combat stance as he studied his opponent. Suddenly, the strangely warm, friendly character that was typically Oni was completely stripped away without a trace. Left behind was a cold being of the dark side, focused, strong. Almost like Haphaestus, in a way. And now the Master saw that different side, appraised it, and decided that it was good. Oni was a friend of his allies and a monster to his enemies.

And he started combat well, too. A pair of darksabers--effectively unusual lightsabers with black blades and a different hum--animated themselves and hurled at Haphaestus. He twirled his darkstaff around with bone-shattering force, his inorganically strong limbs defeating the desire of the heavy metal to stay at rest, then manipulating the momentum it gained so that each of his swings built up to the next. When he struck the darksabers, an intense clang rung out and the weapons strained under the blows, forcing them to give distance and thus limiting the intensity of their attack.

Next came a ball of Force energy, simple telekinesis, and behind that attack was Oni and his axe. Haphaestus simply turned to face the incoming orb and lowered his shoulder. He took the hit and his enormously powerful legs absorbed the brunt of the shock. He could feel his flesh bruise and pain blossom through his torso, and he relished the feeling, which he knew would be mirrored in his opponent.

And mirrored it was, just enough to throw Oni's opening axe swing off. Haphaestus' staff was there anyway, smashing down on the weapon, the crushing weight enough to drive it to the earth and Oni's arms with it. Haphaestus immediately twisted right, taking a step to the left so that for the briefest second his back was to Oni. Using his pain, he directed his focus for a transient instant on the darksabers, hurling them away with a mental projection, then completed his spin, ending behind Oni, whose axe was planted in the ground, and took a crack at the base of the man's spine with his staff, a blow that, if unchecked, would be lethal or at least paralyzing.

A good start, but in order to beat me, you cannot afford to attempt to match my physical strengths.

((1))

HOWEsON.png

Pain. It was relished as it ran across Oni's form, quite a surprise on Haphaestus' part. In truth, Oni had half expected the Alcazarin to absorb it or redirect it. Grinning through the pain, biting his lip as he focused his mind, Oni marveled Haphaestus' move in his own way. It was well played, a humble mistake on Oni's part turned into what could have very well been his downfall. Such was one of the reasons Oni found respect for his brother. Haphaestus was truly a formidable foe, just as he expected. Thankfully though, he just happened to be an ally instead.

But Haphaestus had made a mistake of his own. He had seemingly underestimated Oni, a mistake that could have proved fatal for anyone else. While Oni may have been no more than flesh and blood unlike his immortal friend, he was not without his strengths, literally. The blow may have broken some bones within his hand as he stretched it out behind him and fueled it with the Force as he slowed the staff's descent and caught it, but Oni's strength and resilience could match that of even a Wookiee. Grunting through the pain, Oni began to stand, his hand still tightly gripped upon the staff.

"Heh. I wouldn't go as far as saying that i couldn't match your strength." Oni spoke as he spun around and placed a well aimed kick into Haph's torso, fueling it's speed and power with the Force, intent on forcing some distance between them. "Only that you were built stronger."

Oni's injuries were minor for the most part, painful, but minor. Still, there was no reason to keep letting them go unchecked. Oni began pulling the Force around him inward, focusing on his body's natural healing abilities and speeding up the process as well as any Sith possibly could. It wasn't Jedi healing, but it would suffice. Looking toward Haph, a familiar grin encompassed Oni's face. His tone remained serious, but it looked as if he was beginning to enjoy this a little too much.

"What do you say about us kicking this up a notch, Haph?" Oni questioned, closing his eyes. More and more of the Force surrounding the two began to flow into Oni, as if the Alcazarin stood at the base of a waterfall filled with limitless energy. Trulalis had became a playground to the two brothers, full of life and brimming with energy. And as Oni opened his eyes, he drove himself into the Organic half of Haphaestus' mind. "Let's truly test ourselves."

Oni's skills with illusions were considered minimum, having only used the skill once or twice before. But what Oni lacked in such a skill, he re-enforced using his skill at mind control. He didn't expect it to hold for long, Haphaestus' mind complex and powerful, but Oni only needed a few moments. To his brethren, it would appear as if Oni, presence and all, had simply disappeared. But in reality, Oni was quickly advancing toward Haphaestus, his axe raised eye level with the intent of victory.

(2)

Darth Dominus knew it would soon be time for the Alcazarins to come out into the open. Already he had assignments for Haphaestus and Oni. He left his droid to inform them of their tasks, when they were finished with Oni's trials. Meanwhile, there was Hess to deal with.

"Take us to Vjun. There you will become a Sith Lord."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Impressive... Haphaestus thought as Oni caught his staff, an act which would require unbelievable physical strength. Most impressive. There was more to Oni than met the eye, and indeed Haphaestus could feel it deep within the Force, a demon within this other Alcazarin that gave him his name and his strength. Even with the bond Haphaestus did not know the demon's nature, but he knew that it was serving Oni well, despite the pain that his move had invoked.

Now Haphaestus took a step back to dodge the kick. Normally he would have taken it, for kicking him was like kicking a durasteel wall, but now Oni's strength was an unknown factor and he couldn't risk it being even greater than he now suspected. As he prepared for his next attack, something unusual happened and Haphaestus' dual mind seemed to dissociate concerning the location of his temporary opponent.

His organic mind suddenly didn't know where the other being was, but his mechanical mind had no problem. One couldn't mind-trick a machine, and his sensors and photoreceptors still fully registered Oni's location... but his organic mind simply didn't want to believe that it was true. Haphaestus performed what could best be described as a mentral shrug and ignored his organic mind. It wasn't the ideal solution--it was rather like closing one eye and thus losing all depth perception. But it would be more than adequate.

Target proximity narrowing. Active defenses: bulk, strength, and Force abilities. Target lacks recommended defense against Force lightning technique. Probability of technique terminating charge and restoring organic computational functionality: 82%. Adequate.

Haphaestus called on the Force without the use of his organic mind. It would seem unlikely to Oni, but he had overrode his programming long ago so that his mechanical logic accepted the existence of the Force. It had actually helped him considerably because there were, by definition, no doubts in his mind about what the Force could do. Right now, it was making Force lightning leap from his extended right hand in a wide arc. Without a lightsaber in hand and the darksabers still too far away to make a difference, even if Oni still had the concentration to keep them going as he maintained his mental deception, there was no simple counter.

And Haphaestus would take advantage of any falter. Darkstaff spinning about again, he leapt the rest of the distance to Oni in the wake of his electric attack, ready to smash his skull with a deft stroke.

Revising tactical circumstance modifiers.

((2))

HOWEsON.png

It was just as Oni suspected, Haphaestus' mental prowess one of the Alcazarin's greatest strengths. Haphaestus was more than a mere creation of Nurgle, more than just flesh and metal. Through his years of life, he had became an unique being, forged by his own will. It was no surprise that he was quickly able to counter act Oni's metal attacks. Haphaestus had long stripped himself from the Sith Order, even before Oni had known him. And because of this, the Alcazarin had only grew stronger.

Oni grin at the thought, Dominus' visions of Rivan's prophecy within their very grasp. Oni had long knew Dominus' degree of skill, but never had he glimpsed Haph's. Not even that day on Coruscant when Oni had defeated the infamous Pirate, Ronin Wartide. So to be here, toe to toe with a being he viewed as an equal as well as a brother, it was truly an honor to Oni. Pride swelled within him, a sense of knowing he had done his best this day in proving himself to Haphaestus. No matter the victor, Oni would walk away fulfilled.

His Darkblades fell to the ground as Oni near his opponent, deactivated the second Oni felt his brother's intent through their shared bond. Had it not been for such a connection, Oni would have never had the opportunity to defend himself. Haphaestus' latest attack was one Oni had long prepared himself for, his intent on learning every possible way to counter act it no matter the situation. And as it's brilliant blue hue lit up the atmosphere, all fell silent in it's thunderous wake.

"Perfectly executed, Haph." Oni spoke, all the energy he had collected swirling around the glowing orb Oni had collected the infamous Sith Lightning within. It's heat began to drain more and more of Oni's energy, a adverse effect of handle such an uncontrollable thing. "I would have expected no less."

Unable to contain it's energy no longer, Oni deflected it back toward the incoming Haphaestus. Drained, he stood at the ready, his Darkmetal Axe firmly gripped in his hand. Even if Haphaestus was able to avoid the incoming orb of lightning, it would surely throw off his latest attack, granting Oni the time he needed to defend himself. Haphaestus was truly the better, but Oni was more than willing to stand his ground to the very end. For the demon that stood before Haphaestus was just as he claimed to be. Oni was an Alcazarin.

And soon, he would hold the title of Sith Master among his former brethren as well. Haphaestus' testing of Oni had proved to Oni that he was capable of bringing Rivan's vision to fruition. That was Oni's true reason behind wishing for such a useless title.

(3)