Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

Slowly, his body taught with caution, Beltran made his way through the extensive network of caves. Around him, the only sound to be heard was that of snow crunching beneath his feet. While there were no visible signs that anything was living here, Beltran couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched.

I don't like it, He thought to himself. The wampas have been living and hunting in these caves for millenia. Perhaps it is arrogant to believe that we could win a fight with such creatures on their terms.

The cave ceiling became more and more shallow as he passed from cave to cave. He had yet to recieve any message from Animando, or his trainee Alpha, so he assumed everything was alright on their end.

Holding his rifle at the ready position, Beltran entered a new cave. Clearing it quickly, from top to bottom and right to left, he made his way inside. As usual, there was no sound beside that which Beltran, himself, was making.

Yet something was not right.

His armor, by design, encased his body completely. So, there shouldn't have been any reason a change in thermal temperatures, such as the one he was reading.

Unless...

Utilizing his lightening fast reflexes, Beltran whipped his body around just in time to catch a glimpse of a large, white furred creature charging toward him. Realizing it had been spotted, the wampa disregarded silence and let out a large roar, which echoed from cave to cave.

Beltran had little time to react before the creature would be upon him. Firing two shots, Beltran managed to hit the creature in the shoulder and the lower torso. His rifle, set low enough not to cause significant damage to the creature, managed to cause the creature to stumble.

Using the small respite, Beltran keyed his comlink speaking to Animando and Alpha Fett in a calmness bread out of numerous combat missions.

Target acquired, fully engaged.

The transmission was followed by a set of coordinates.

After that, Beltran only had enough time to brace himself before the massive creature swiped at him, smashing him against the cave wall with bone shattering force. As he fell, Beltran vaguely felt his rifle leave his grip.

Dazed, he looked up as the creature roared again, and charged toward him. Its fangs beared, blood on its breath...

BeltranSig.jpg

The darkness in the caves seemed almost as deadly as the chills sweeping through the tunnels. It seemed as if the darkness was chilling his soul more so than the lifetime of murder he had lived. Raising his cannon at each turn, he kept expecting to see a large image of red appear before him, but he only saw blue. The blue that kept calling out for failure. Until he heard the report from Beltran.

Taking off at a dead sprint, Animando emerged at the location of the fight i ntime to see the Wampa knock Beltran to the side. Releazing it would mean the death of his temporary partner if he did not intervene, the Mandalorian dropped his heavy cannon and ignited the thrusters on his jetpack. He counted the seconds until he met the furry monster head on. This would definitely hurt after he had rested.

Even though he was covered in armor, he could still feel the impact with the Wampa. It was like slamming into a brick wall. After collision, the Mandalorian dropped to the ground shaking off the impact.

2hppuud.png

"This is soooo fun!", Alpha sarcasticly thought to himself, waiting in his V-wing.

Then he heard Beltran's message and was glad he wasn't out there. But then he saw a wampa heading toward him, he screamed into his com link, "I found one, I mean, it found me!"

He got his starship in the air just in time to avoid being smashed in the cock pit. He turned his V-wing to point at the wampa and fired his twin laser cannons twice, killing it instantly. He gave out a sigh of relief as he landed his ship next to the bleeding wampa. He got out and commed Mando and Beltran, forgetting their battle, to tell them of his victory.

Now he finally understood what Darla meant when she said healing abilities is not what made her a Jedi. She must have had some of the abilities that Skye was talking about. But how could someone have all those abilities. It would seem to make them almost like a god. Increasing their phyisical attributes as well as making their minds stronger. It seemed almost like a drug.

"I understand."

Azrael.gif

Evil is done without effort, naturally, it is the working of fate; good is always the product of an art.

Beltran looked on as the white-furred creature came in for the kill. He wasn't prone to fear, but as the massive avatar of death closed in, Beltran couldn't help but feel his stomach tighten. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, an orange flash caught his eye. As he turned his head, Beltran only had a moment to glimpse the figure of his partner, Animando, rocketing into the creature's mid-section.

As Beltran looked on, he saw the creature stumble sideways as Animando fell backward. As the wampa turned to meet its new adversary, Beltran fought through the daze and found action. Jumping to his feet, Beltran activated Oracle's level two stage. Adrenaline mixed with his armor's built in hydraulics allowed Beltran to dash forward with mindblowing speed. Grabbing up the Merr-Sonn rifle he had dropped earlier, Beltran opened fire, sending a spread of blaster bolts into the Wampa's midsection.

The snow creature roared in pain and turned back to face him. As it prepared to charge, Beltran nodded to Animando.

"Thanks for the save," He spoke calmly. "Now, how about we take this thing down and go get paid?"

Raising his rifle up, Beltran aimed and prepared to fire...

BeltranSig.jpg

Seeming to follow his thoughts, Skye continued,

"Being able to use the Force doesn't make us Gods. We just have special abilities that allow us to do special things. There are those that say that the Force has two sides, the Light Side and the Dark Side, most termed there as Jedi or Sith. The Force just is. It isn't taking sides, it is the person that has the ability that decides what they do with those powers. To be a Healer, I must remain true to the Light. By that I mean not using the darker forms of the Force, not harming another with any of my actions. I've even saved my enemies from time to time, though that seems like a lifetime ago."

She let that subject slide. Motioning for him to follow her into the hold of her ship. On the way in she spotted Seraphin,

"Darex and Darla should be here soon so you can be back with your Master soon."

Once she and Ra entered the hold she flicked on the simulator producing a hologram of a more tropical setting, contrasting to the scenery outside of her ship. Skye brought out a small metal object, placing it on one of the crates that now looked more like a rock with the simulation.

"I want you to concentrate Ra. Focus on lifting the metal sphere with the powers of your mind. This is called levatation. I want you to practice doing that for me. When you are confident with it, we shall move on."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Time seemed to slow for Animando as a single though passed through his mind. They needed the beast alive if they were to receive payment. Besides, capturing the Wampa alive was a task, only a true hunter could attempt. Raising his hand, Animando knocked Beltrans rifle to the side, allowing a crimson bolt to lance mere centimeters away from the midsection of the Wampa.

"The chest and stomach is the easiest target, but it also leads to a kill. We are not looking for a kill. Aim for the arms. Without its arms we should be able to tanquilize it easy enough, and surely the medics back at the palace can put him back together."

Slinging his Flechette Launcher forward, Animando ran forward bringing himself within deadly range of the Wampas arms. He knew with the wrong timing, his neck would suddenly spin around and he would get one fleeting glance at Beltran before death would take him. Releading a single blast from his launcher, he watched as several pieces of shrapnel tore through most of the beasts shoulder. Rolling to the side, he awaited Beltrans attack before attacking again. Only multiple attacks could keep this beast off balance.

2hppuud.png

Beltran clamped down on a flash of irritation as the other hunter knocked his weapon to the side. He knew perfectly well that they needed the Wampa alive. He hadn't lived this long by being sloppy. If his intention had been to kill the creature, Beltran could have shot it in the head with his rifle at full power and ended the fight before it had even begun. Instead, his rifle had been powered down to a point where its bolts wouldn't do much more than leave nasty burns on the creature's skin. The idea from square one had been to overwhelm the creature with painful, but relatively non-injurious attacks, and get close enough to tranquilize it.

Yet, Beltran could see how Animando could have gotten the wrong impression. As he watched, his partner pumped a devastating payload of flechettes into the creatures shoulder. The attack was immediately followed by splatters of red on white and a deafening roar.

Raising his rifle again, Beltran quickly brought his rifle to full power. Since the creature was already hurt, there was no reason to spare it further. Now he had to be careful, as Animando's words became relevant, if he concentrated his fire on the creature's midsection, he ran the risk of accidentally killing it, and he was not inclined to have to spend any more time on this ice ball then necessary.

As Animando completed his attack and rolled to the side, Beltran began to fire. Several crimson energy bolts lashed out and hit the creature in its undamaged shoulder. The Wampa attempted to charge, but stumbled, as pieces of its flesh were flash-broiled by his fire.

Moving forward, Beltran fire several more times, closing the distance between himself and the Wampa and thus increasing the amount of damage being done to the creature's limbs. Behind him, he heard Animando stir and knew that his partner was preparing another assault...

((I'm thinking we should wrap this up soon. If you want to post once more Animando, go for it. If you don't post within the next day I'm going to assume you want me to finish this up.))

BeltranSig.jpg

Alpha knew Beltran and Mando's fight with the wampa was drawing to a close, so he headed toward them to help them drag it out of the caves, knowing they would be tired and the wampa was big.

The rebellion corvette and frigate dropped out of hyperspace above Hoth. Cadio stood at the front viewport watching th ewhite planet spin under them.

"Captain, scan the surface, looking for the remains of an old Jedi temple. Once you find it, contact me and take us to the surface."

Cadio then walked to the lounge and sipped some caf while he waited. A few minutes later his comm beeped, signaling that the captain had found the temple.

"Very good captain, take us in."

The ships fell towards the planet, the white mass rising up at them. Cadio watched and then headed back towards the cockpit. When they arrived he saw the frozen remains of an old Jedi Temple, standing in all it's glory, frozen. One could hardly make out the shape, but it was there.

"Captain unload all the equipment, and begin construction on the new garrison. The plans are all here."

Cadio handed him a package containing everything he would need.

Cadiosig052009.png

On a highly secure and encrypted channel, an image of Kirlocca appeared before Skye Organa.

Shyriiwook: "Skye, I know that it has not been that long since we last saw each other. I regret to ask if you would be able to aid me in something...

The image fizzed in and out for a few seconds.

Shyriiwook:"...Hou-Jo I fear is about to lead the Jedi into a slaughter. Me and a few other Jedi are going to place him under house arrest. I would like to have you and Ara there if it is possible to secure a peaceful transition. Please respond with the utmost urgency."

The image of Kirlocca faded out.

A highly encrpyted jedi COM came in for master Ara and Skye.

START COM

--------------

My name is Damon I bare news that is vital to the order. Attached to this to COM is a file containg all of the events that have transpired since Piccolo arrived and the talks between him and grand master Hou-Jo. I am in need of aid in removing Hou-Jo as peaceful as possible. Please hurry so we can try and save the order.

-------------

END COM

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Even through the filters in his helmet, Animando could smell the burning hair and charred flesh of the Wampa. Beltrans attack had done its damage. The arm was almost completely useless. Turning once more, Animando fired a second shot into the first damaged arm, and saw it fall to the floor. Blood poured form the wound, until fire erupted from the Mandalorians wrist, cauterizing the wound.

The ground rumbled as the Wampa fell to the ground unconscious, but alive. Turning to Beltran, Animando motioned for the hunter to help move the beast aboard the Wolf Blade I. Within moments of the beast being locked itno the one of the prisoner cages, cramped until he was released at the palace. Taking off with ms and Beltran close behind, Animando leapt into hyperspace.

2hppuud.png

Beltran watched as the creature fell to the ground devestated, yet still living, by Animando's last attack. Slinging his rifle behind him, Beltran walked behind his partner and took hold of the creature. By this time, the boy named Alpha ((I'm assuming you've arrived already)) had arrived in the cave. With each hunter grabbing part of the creature, they all made the trek back to Mando's ship. There Beltran helped stabalize the creature's vitals and watched as it was locked safely away.

Nodding to Animando and Alpha, Beltran exited the ship and made his way accross the plateau to his ship, the Shadowfax. Upon entering the freighter, Beltran made immediately for the hold, where he changed out of his armor. He then visited the refresher and changed into a familiarly comfortable business suit. Then, with the familiar weight of his Blastech DL-48 Pistol on his shoulder Beltran make his way to the bridge. A few moments saw the Shadowfax lift off and enter hyperspace, heading back to Tatooine and payment.

BeltranSig.jpg

Alpha watched as Mando left fot Tatorine with the wampa. Alpha was glad he could leave this ice cube. He planned to get a new ship with the money he would get for saleing his father's antique V-wing. Alpha got into his starfighter ang headed for the booster wing that would take him to Tatorine.

"How can I lift that with m........."

His voice tremored as darkness overtook him and he feel to his knees. Things began passing through his mind at an astonsihing rate. It seemed as if he was watching someone elses life from his own eyes. He watched as this man completed tasks that would require ten men, by simply stretching out his arm and closing his eyes. He watched as blades of light clashed and sparks flew through the air. He watched as golden tendrils erupted from his fingertips and eyes. And then he saw a mirror moving towards him. Within moments he saw a that same man staring at himself in mirror.

This was my life.

Awakening from his trance, Ra rose and stretched his hand out towards the marble. Allowing himself to believe he could, a sphere of invisible energy began to build within him. Tapping into that energy, Ra stretched out with hands of energy and began to cradle the marble. Lifting it from Skyes hand. Looking at Skye he spoke.

"How is this possible?"

Azrael.gif

Evil is done without effort, naturally, it is the working of fate; good is always the product of an art.

Skye noticed that he seemed to have a flash of sorts, hoping that some of his memory at least would return. She observed then as he lifted the marble from her hand.

"It is possible because you have the gift of the Force. You are able to use it almost as second nature in some instances, like for your Sight."

She smiled at him again.

"Now, I'd like you to come outside with me and we shall do some other exercises."

As they walked, she spoke.

"You can use the Force to speed your movements. Running, jumping, even fighting can be done much quicker with the Force flowing through you. It can even be used to warm yourself. Now, see that ledge up there", Skye pointed to the ledge, "I'd like you to take a run up, and jump up there."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The Starsprite fell out of hyperspace just beyond the planet Hoth. Darla didn't want to be too close incase they did want to abandon ship.

"Ok, the ships scanners show nothing onboard, but of course they could easily be wrong. What do you think Darex? Can you sense anything onboard?"

Are you alright? Darla sent the thought behind her words.

Rannrsig.jpg

Turning his attention towards the ledge Skye spoke of, Ra began to wonder what the extend of his power was. He began to wonder if his power was limitless. Behind the crystals in his eyes, a light began to burn and flare out from his sockets. A yellow beam emerged from his eyes and shot forward with the intensity of a blaster. With widening eyes, Ra dropped to his knees and clutched his eyes in his hands. Feeling the beams against his hands, Ra began to wonder what the consequences were for having these powers. Within moments of that thought, the beams dispersed.

Without thinking, Ra took off towards the ledge, sprinting full speed through the snow. As he neared the ledge, he felt a latent surge of power within himself and wondered if he would be able to do the task at hand. Reaching within himself, Ra delved within the sphere of energy he felt earlier and let loose its energy. Feeling power course through his body, Ra leapt to the ledge and felt the wind flowing through his hair. The young Jedi felt the snow cover his boots as he landed and placed his hand on the ground for support. Breathing hard, Ra once again beganto wonder who he truly was.

Azrael.gif

The manifestation of light coming from Ra's eyes was a sight to see, though what caused it was a puzzle to her. Skye was concerned as Ra fell to his knees, quickly moving to his side as he clutched his eyes.

"Are you in pain?"

She would have to work out what was going on with these beams of light that came out of his crystal eyes. Some The manifestation of the Force that she wasn't aware of. Maybe Ara would know of such happenings?

As the light dispersed, she observed as Ra stood as if it hadn't happened, then performed the task she had set for him. He easily leapt up to the ledge, utilizing the Force again like it was second nature. Whatever was blocking his memories, his body seemed to recall how to use the Force as he had previously.

"When you are ready, jump back down and we'll move on to another application."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

He shook his head. "I don't sense anything. It's your decision though. I think we'll be okay, but it's hard to say. You know, if we just get the ship scanned with life-signature sensors, tuned to read life as small as those eggs, we should be alright. Actually, I don't doubt that the tweaking Trowa did to this ship would allow us to do that."

I'll be fine...they realize that we tricked them, that's all, he added, flashing her an uncomfortable look before hiding it behind a mask of calmness. He didn't explain how he had been contacted...Darla didn't need something else to worry about, and he could handle it.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

"Alright." Darla said placing a hnad on Darex's shoulder and giving him a knowing look. " Let's head on down, Skye and Seraphim have been waiting a long time for us."

With that Darla bukled herself into the pilot's chair and made the final decsent to the surfae of Hoth. The Starsprite dropped through layers o iing cloud before the could see the barren terrain beneath them. Darla locked onto Serenity's beacon and brought them in for a landing as near-by as was safe.

"Dress up warm everyone." Darla announced over the comm before she made her own way to her cabin in search of more suitable garments.

Darla wasted no time in throwing on a warm coat and rushing outside to great Skye. She found her friend outside instructing Ra. It was good to see the two of them and Darla hoped that they'd made some progress in recoving his memories.

"Hello old friend." Darla said with a grin before enfolding Skye in a tight embrace. "Nivana and Darex are fine, they'll be following shortly. It's so good to see you. How has everything been? What happened with Kirlocca and Fynn? Are they both alright."

Darla stopped talking, not wanting to bombard her friend with too many questions.

Rannrsig.jpg

Niv complied, dressed in layers of clothing but no so many as to be uncomfortable. When she stepped out of the ship and onto the planet's surface she shuddered and felt herself relax. It was finally done. The nastiness of that man and his monstrosities was finally behind them.

She followed in Darla's footsteps and came upon Skye. "So good to see you again." she said in a voice dripping with sinceritiy. She smiled in greeting to the others and then and checked out the surrounding area. It hadn't been all that long ago she'd been on this planet harvesting a crystal for her lightsaber.. yet somehow it felt like a lifetime ago.

With the disappearence of the second squadron, Oynx squadron lay hidden under the planet for several months. But that was over, it was time for them to return to their base. Luke nodded to his men and they boarded their ships and readied them for departure. The charges had been sent around the base and would be set off upon the flights departure.

A brief hand signal from Luke and the flight moved in unison, sealing their cockpits and getting their engines running. A moment later the flight streaked into the sky and into the atmosphere of Hoth. A short pulse of code sent back to the planet caused the explosive charges to explode, sending aftershocks through the entire planet. Several moments later the flight jumped into hyperspace.

azPjoQd.png

My life for the Empire

"Darla", Skye embraced her friend as they greeted each other. "I'm glad everyone is alright. What happened? I sensed the turmoil."

She waited until Darla answered before answering her other question, and greeting Niv.

"I'm pleased to see you again Niv." Turning back towards Darla she added, "I'm not quite sure where Fynn is, although he's on the planet somewhere. As for Kirlocca, Ara and I healed him and he left with his old apprentice Durandal. I received a comm from both Kirlocca, and later Damon with regards to something going on at Haruun Kal regarding Hou-Jo. I received with the second comm the footage of talks held between Piccolo of Black Sun and Hou-Jo. There was also a holonet broadcast with regards to Black Sun turning on the Jedi at Haruun Kal."

The reasons why Skye didn't go were obvious, though she had wondered why she had been asked to aid them. Maybe her estrangement from the Jedi Order wasn't that well known? She didn't know.

As they stood talking, there was a rumbling sound in the distance, followed by shockwaves from the explosion. She looked around at the others wondering what had caused such an explosion.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Seraphim had lost count of the hours, of the days, that he had spent studying over the medical documents that Skye possessed. It seemed like learning everything he could about the field of medicine had taken over his life during the time that Darex had been absent. The only other things he took the time to do were eat, exercise, clean up, practice his command over the force, meditate, and sleep. All of which only took up just under half of his day. Every couple of hours he would take a quick nap, to refresh himself and help commit the information to memory.

Then he felt them. His control over the force had only increased slightly without a teacher, but his healing technique had been improved when assisting Skye in healing the Wookiee Jedi Master, a chance which he was highly grateful for. He tossed the holo-pad onto the table and grabbed his cloak, wrapping it tightly around his thick jacket before moving to the area where he had sensed the gathering of Jedi.

His long, flowing white hair trailed closely behind him as he rounded the corner, being greeted by the warm, inviting faces of one male and three females, one of which he hadn't met before. His grin was immeasurable and for a moment his shy-ness at seeing the new woman took over, driving him to look down a bit as he stepped to Darex and took the Jedi's hand in his own, shaking it while pulling Darex to him in a half hug that men were known to do sometimes.

”œIt seems like it has been forever, Master. I was beginning to get worried, several times I got a gut wrenching feeling something bad was looming just in the distance”¦”

Seraphim.jpg

The sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.