Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

"It's them isn't it?...They are in danger." Fynn said with a shadow of a voice as they were back on board 'Serenity'. As he meditated on the pangs of distress he could feel the force vibrate as if someone were plucking distant strings. He knew in his heart that it was them...Darla and Darex, perhaps even Nivana too. They were in jeporady yet there was no way to help them. They could have been anywhere...and all Fynn could do is sit back and beseech the force they came back in one piece.

It was madening, and all at once Fynn felt the need to get back to his training, for it was the only way he could possibly help them. Darla was a talented fighter after all, and Darex...well he could only imagine how much more potent the jedi was now. Between them there wasn't a power in the universe they couldn't take on. At least this is what he told himself.

"Master Ara is late, are you sure she is still coming master?...It isn't like her to keep anyone waiting to long." The old Fynn would have demanded they take action, turn the ship in the direction his feelings would take them, and charge to the rescue. The new Fynn, tried his best to remain calm and allow the force to show him the direction he should take.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

"Well met Durandal...I am called Fynn Relmis...and I'm sure you know Master Skye." Fynn said with a nodd to the young jedi. "So what are you doing on this cold hunk of rock?...I gather it's not gathering snowballs." Fynn said as he stood and walked to the sensor station, trying to get a read on any incoming ships. As there was nothing Fynn turned back to Durandal with a half smile. His mind was truly elsewhere but that was no call to be rude.

Kirlocca steped in front of Durandal. "He is here," Kirlocca coughed."He is here because I asked for him to come. I believe that he can help me get back on the right path."

Kirlocca steped away from Durandal now, this time moving into a position that formed a circle out of the jedi companions on board of 'Serenity'.

"Yes I feel they are in danger. Where they are though is illusive. I hope they comm us if the are in trouble enough to need help so we'd know where to go to help them."

Skye wasn't sure if they required aid or could handle it themselves. Although the Force had told them that their companions were in danger, what kind of danger and where they were located remained a mystery, at least for now. Skye placed a hand on Fynn's arm, knowing how he felt and being torn herself. She wanted to go after them though commitments held her at bay. They had to wait on Ara to come so that Kirlocca could be properly healed before they could go and help their friends.

"I certainly hope Ara arrives soon. I may have picked the location, though I have a feeling we are needed elsewhere. One task at a time though..."

As they walked back through Serenity to where Kirlocca and his former padawan were, her thoughts were still on Darla and Darex. She could feel the thread of pain through the Force, wanting to strengthen them both, wanting them to know she was thinking of them, wanting to help them. Radiate light from within... let it light up the darkness... Her attention was brought back as the young man spoke.

"Welcome aboard Serenity Durandal."

Her gaze shifted back towards Kirlocca.

"He may be able to aid you. Infact, once Ara arrives, there is something he could do for us during the process."

She didn't go into detail, it was something that would be mentioned when the time was right. First things first, they needed Ara to arrive.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"Snowball fights don't concern me, it's the ones with laser blasts..." Fynn said as he leaned up against a bulkhead of the ship. Master Skye sat patiently as Durandal and Kirlocca seemed to get engrossed in one subject or another. It was then, that Fynn realized he was not the same man he once was.

He went to the rear of the craft, and after retrieving a tool box, came back"I'm uh...going to check the rear ventral panel, felt shaky on the way down." Somehow all he could think of in that moment was getting away...and running wasn't like him. Well actually running was like him, just not the cowardly sort. He felt all tangled inside, as if to much of himself was gone and not enough of him remained to keep him turning. Perhaps he had been a jedi too long, so long he had forgotten how good it felt to work without constantly trying to grow stronger.

Like a wound up watch Fynn paced himself outside. Checking the ships systems he emersed himself in the workings of the craft Skye called home. 'First thing I'm going to do...is stop calling Master Skye, Master. I've known her for to long to keep using her title. From now on it's Skye...or Ms. Organa...hell maybe even little miss healer...'

He pulled a very tough bolt lose to check its' fittings...then he tightened it back after adjusting the ventral panel to compensate for its' loose fitting bolts. As he finished his mind rolled over the image of a young Nivana wearing the uniform of a sith. He continued working, focusing instead on the other Ventral Panel. 'So much death and carnage can work on a man's nerves' his father once said.

'If you ever feel the galaxy getting to full just walk her lanes for a spell, and you'll be healed my boy.'

Fynn wished he could do that...but he couldn't turn his back on the order. He had spent so much time fighting for liberty that he never seemed to have any of his own. As time wore on he began to wonder how tough it would be just to live a like normal man for a while, wander the sky, make money and live by his own means. But could a jedi do that...could he simply walk away.

The panel in front of him fell off, hitting him in the head and leaving a nice bruise. Fynn cursed himself outloud, and then slowly chuckled...'Thats not exactly the answer I was looking for.'

Ara's ship landed, sliding to a stop. The landing ramp fell open, and Ara stumbled out in her normal robes, not shivering at all. She was holding a datapad out in front of her face and not entirely paying attention to where she was going.

"Okay, lesse...Skye said she'd be around here..."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

After Fynn had moved outside, Skye too excused herself from Kirlocca and Durandal. As she headed outside her ship, she let Fynn have time to himself as she moved off towards the exit to the old secret hanger. Looking out she saw Ara's ship land, heading over towards her.

"Ara, I'm glad you could make it. Kirlocca seems to have..." she thought about how the best way to describe what was going on... "gained a visitor of sorts. We'll need to exorcise this other presence from him. Durandal, his old padawan, has shown up. I think we may need him to focus on keeping Kirlocca still while we set to healing him fully."

She led the way to where the others were.

"Fynn still seems troubled, though I think he'll be alright in time. He just needs to find his focus again."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

People seemed to come and go as quickly as they came. He took a passing glance at Kirlocca, whom before long was the only other one in the room they were first in aboard the Serenity.

"Friendly crowd you're hanging out with, Buddy." Durandal said with a cardboard smile.

He got the feeling he was either unwanted, Or unexpected. Perhaps a mix of both. Not to mention that he would get a friendly hello, But no explanation as to why he was here.

Patience.

He let out a sigh. This whole place felt like a freezer burned ball of negative energy. Were all jedi this uptight and skiddish nowadays? Change on the wind? Imperials? Sith?

Who knows..

He still felt the force as clearly as ever. He left on good terms. He even told Kirlocca that if the Jedi ever need him, He would be there. But something was pretty different.. Something.. Else.

*Sigh*

I guess this is what you get for being out of the loop so long.

drobotsig.jpg

Kirlocca seemed to just remain still and silent during the past few minutes, but he wasn't as still as most saw. Kirlocca was focusing on two things. The presence that was growing in the back of his head, which seemed to know what was coming, and began to dig roots deep into Kirlocca. The other focus was on Durandals thoughts. Kirlocca could feel the young man feeling out of place.

"Don't center on your anxieties, keep your concentration on the here and now." Kirlocca used telepathy through the force to communticate to Durandal.

Ara raised an eyebrow. "'Visitor'? What manner of visitor? Force-built or...otherwise?" She took a deep breath and sighed, tucking her datapad into a small pouch on her belt. "And any idea who is responsible for it? It may help to get rid of it if we know its source."

She smiled halfway at Skye. "Lead the way."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"Yes... Visitor... While I was healing him I discovered that he had another presence within his mind. As he has been put through tortures, I can only assume that it was forced upon him. The Empire had captured him on Kashyyyk, Faust being one of the torturers, but not the only one."

Skye led the way back in to where Kirlocca and Durandal still were, feeling the tension within the younger Jedi.

"Durandal, I apologise for taking off like that. This is Master Ara-Lai Kaipi. We're going to need your assistance while we complete Kirlocca's healing."

She turned towards Kirlocca, pointing towards the mats on the floor of the hold they were in. There was nothing in the hold that could be damaged if the other presence decided to become violent.

"We'll need you to lie still for us please."

Skye faced Durandal once more, including Ara in her glance.

"We'll need you to use the Force to hold him still. I'm not sure if you've felt the presence growing inside of him. We need to remove it before it can take control of Kirlocca."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Kirlocca smiled."Just..." The wookiee coughed. "Just don't do anything funny." Kirlocca prepared himself for what was about to happen. He could feel this 'presence' in his mind grabing things, not willing to go with out a fight.

This is going to be bad.

{Edited for spelling.}

Edited by Guest

Ara nodded quietly, the red mark on her forehead flickering. So, Vladimir's been up to something again...the question is if this presence is physical, metaphysical, or...something new entirely.

"We might also want to ready ourselves for what this 'entity' may bring. Knowing Vladimir...he wouldn't put something in without it being able to defend itself somehow." Ara took a deep breath. "I have a very worrisome feeling that it will defend itself through Kirlocca as well, if you know what I mean."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"We might also want to ready ourselves for what this 'entity' may bring. Knowing Vladimir...he wouldn't put something in without it being able to defend itself somehow." Ara took a deep breath. "I have a very worrisome feeling that it will defend itself through Kirlocca as well, if you know what I mean."

Kirlocca looked at Ara with intense eyes. "Yea, no kidding. I can feel this 'thing' already preparing for a fight." Kirlocca feel into the force and began to meditate through the force, trying to make it easier for the healers to do thier job. Kirlocca began to seek out the presence in an attempt to keep his mind intact...

Fynn finished his work, just as he felt Ara arrive, the powerful jedi was not someone that was missed when she decided not to mask her presence. In fact she was quite distinct, sort of a bright amber aura that resonanted with a distinct sound. Fynn snapped himself out of the vision he was in. 'That...was...new.' He had never seen or felt something so clearly, it was like a new level of seeing. Often he got impressions in the force...but never 'colors and hues'.

Sealing up the compartment, Fynn stepped back to admire his work. He'd done three times as much as he had set out do, yet he felt unsatisfied. Tinkering for a hundred years probably wouldn't have solved anything but it at least allowed him to forget for a while. Forgeting was something that Fynn wished he could do, but he had family of a sort here. People who trusted him, or at least did at one time. Thats when it struck him...his 'family' was still out there...and there was nothing he could do to help them. It was worse then being lost...even if he could find them, they'd be no better off without his feeble skills. They might even be...close.

Fynn bowed his head as he cleaned of the tools and rubbed his forhead with the grease of a hydraulic compensator. At his side the trusty blaster After a moment he took out the lightsaber Darla had given him. After snapping it on and off he began working on it, changing compenents, adding a message. After a moment or two he was done with it...

Fynn looked in on the group of jedi as they attempted to use there powers to assist Kirlocca. After a moment, he gathered the things he needed. He had come to a decision on the others wouldn't like...

He didn't like stealing, but there was not much else he could do, the supplies weren't expensive and he was sure Skye might never even miss it. He slung a duffel bag over his shoulder and took a full set of winter gear. As he set down the ramp, he took something off and hung it over the entrance...a marker...or message he would let the finder figure out which.

Fynn took a look at the Ship Serenity. He wanted to say goodbye but there was far to much he wanted but didn't happen. He simply turned and walked of into the clear sunny day on Hoth. He left the confines of the saftey and tranquility of Skye's company and out into a harsh cold landscape, his wits, the force, and meager supplies his only means of survival. The next chapter of his life wasn't going to be easy but Fynn was determined to face whatever that meant alone.

----------

Anyone who might happen upon Serenity in it's parked state would notice the tidy exterior and well maintained engine components. They might also see the lightsaber of one Darla...left dangling there by it's former user, the knight known as Fynn Relmis.

Skye sighed as she felt Fynn leaving, knowing he had to sort a few things out for himself and that he would need to do it on his own. She had a fair idea that he would possibly go looking for Darex, Darla and Nivana, though how he'd get there was another story entirely. She wished him good luck, briefly touching his mind with hers through their bond, sending him her best wishes, thinking to him words that she'd said to others before him... If you love someone let them go... Good luck my friend...

She turned to Ara and then Kirlocca, noting that Durandal was ready to do his part.

"Yes I feel it getting stronger. We'll just have to fight it and have you beat it. You'll have to help us push it from you when the time comes."

She looked back at Ara again, ready to follow her lead.

--

I-Nine had followed Fynn down the embarksion ramp, now picking up the lightsaber and taking it back to Skye's quarters, placing it in the compartment there. He would advise Skye of it at a later time. He then checked on Azreal and on Seraphim.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

OOC: Interesting description of Ara's aura, Fynn.

IC:

Ara took a long, deep breath as she looked the wookiee over. "I'm not entirely sure where to begin. My best bet would be to draw out the presence with the Force, and then prepare to completely 'exorcise' it with a similar method."

Closing her eyes, Ara began concentrating, trying to let the second presence in Kirlocca's mind know her demands. Come out, come out, wherever you are. A friend of your 'father' would like to speak with you...

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

It was cold...

Cold was not the word Fynn had in mind, but at the speed he was moving at, it was all that came to mind. He had been keeping a full pace since leaving, trying to get as far away from anyone or anything as possible. The exhilaration of running with the aid of the force kept him moving, but eventually like all beings Fynn tired and slowed.

It was cold...

The heavily packed snow below him was at least a foot high in some places, leaving an awkward crunch as he made his way towards what looked to be mountains and more frozen landscape beyond. Besides the perilous cold, Hoth was acutally a beautiful place, every piece of it seemed to be locked in a sort of stasis, even the sky scarcely moved. Here alone he felt clear, and untethered. He felt calm and at peace.

It was still cold...

Suddenly Fynn stopped looking downward at his next step. There below him was a wide expanse, a cavern that seemed not only wide but bottomless. "Huh..." Fynn said allowed the abyss mocked him echoing the sound of his frustration back at him.

It must have been an tetonic fracture, or the remanant of a continental shelf that now lay bare straight to the bottom. Fynn sighed and cursed himself as he gaged the distants across. The leap had to be at least 200 meters...even with a force jump, he could make less then half that. There seemed to be no way around, and portable bridges didn't drop from the sky.

'Slow down...think' Fynn said to himself. 'Have patience.'

Suddenly it him, he did have a bridge...of sorts. Reaching to his belt, Fynn pulled the long thin of 500 lb test line together with a small grappling hook. The rope itself was only 150 meteres in length. 'Well if I make it, I can boast later, If I don't at least no one will be here to listen to me cry like a baby on the way down.' He thought to himself.

The image of Fynn looked over the edge and backed away. The abyss seemed to have foiled yet another traveler...but then the silence of its maw was disturbed by a heavy footfalls. Fynn lept at the last possible second, launching skyward and forward with the aid of the force. as he reached the top of the arch he flung the line and grapple with all his strength. The Hook drug through the snow and for a few moments, Fynn could feel the abyss reach up to claim him. Suddenly the line caught on the jagged ice and fynn absorbed the shock as he was left dangling from the opposite side.

It was getting colder...

After pulling himself up and continuing for another mile, Fynn finally stopped as it got dark. He was lucky enought to find a rocky outcropping, and tonton droppings. As the fire flickered over the meager fuel Fynn set a proximity alarm just incase, and erected a thermal tent. He sat watching the fire and fell asleep his mind wondering what had possesed him to leave civilization behind.

Sorry pal, Just hold still.

Durandal clapped his hands together and held them over the Wookiee's shoulders. And kirlocca was immediately forced downward torards the floor, And held there. His fur visably matted to his skin, And arms unable to move.

"I'm ready to give it more when you say, Ara."

drobotsig.jpg

Ara and Skye, having joined their minds to one another so many times in the past, found it easy to do so once again. Skye opened her mind, allowing Ara full access to her power, both knowing what to do and where to begin.

Skye looked at Durandal, giving him a quick nod before squeezing Ara's hand as the signal to begin. Both Healers now working as one to heal Kirlocca from his affliction.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Durandal hept his hands stready. Dark presence seeping out of Kirlocca's

"You guys have done this before I assume." He said as he watched the healers go at it.

"Impressive, I gotta say."

((I will be gone for the weekend. I hope you guys can handle it without me till I get back))

drobotsig.jpg

The surface of hoth was a forbidding place. Even during the day temptures were cold enough to cause hypothermia. It's rugged terrain was full of dangerous, not all were climate related. The Planets name was a mystery, and common knowledge no one lived there however Fynn was known for his uncommon knowledge. His father had taught him that Lord Hoth, a jedi general of Long ago was the planets name sake. A powerful jedi, so powerful that his contempararies feared his fall...but it never came he became a legend, and died a jedi. Fynn however was about as far way from a legend...or anyone else for that matter as one could get.

From on top of a snowy outcropping a sound could be heard...muffled by snow and by the ages of permafrost. Still it was loud enough for someone to hear for several kilometers...if anyone was around to hear it.

The thuds were eminating from the cliffs nearby. There a lone figure practiced his control of the force, free from the constraints of witnesses and passing eyes. He held his fist clenched and lept into the air. A flurry of kicks and strikes flew from him as he contacted with and Ice out cropping. At each blow the entire cropping shuddered. Using the force to direct him Fynn Relmis focused his entire being on the goal of strengthening himself.

His hands were bruised and his legs ached...but still he continued. Each strike harder then the last. Each leap he stayed longer in the air and got higher. At one point he lept clear over his target, and proceeded to strike from behind. Suddenly this blow became the tipping point. The entire 50 foot ledge came crashing down. Fynn had to depend on the force to escape. As a large chunk hurdled towards him threatening to spell his doom, Fynn met it midair and hurled himself over it. The next was the same, and he used the force to aim his feet perfectly towards the next object.

The fall continued and Fynn could feel himself losing the edge just as he had done with Kakuto, unwilling to enter into a combative state...until it was too late and the Dark Lord had ended him. 'Not this time!'

Fynn struck hard shattering the first piece of Ice like it was made of snow, the next was the same, the next... and the next after it. Until he began to feel his leg's fatiuge. 'You are faster and stronger then I was Fynn, you will be a great jedi someday.' The face of his father hung in his mind. He moved swiftly to the next target, slamming this with his knee the chunk exploded, and Fynn lept to meet the next. Using the force like a spear, Fynn dug through the remaning debris, and came out like and arrow from a bow. A trail of snow followed in his wake, and only stopped when Fynn came to rest on top of the pile.

He was spent as he breathed heavily, he noted that he had kept his body from sweating, knowing that this was crucial to his survival...especially out here.

He could feel the Force was growing with him every day...and it made him feel good to know that he was not at the height of his power. When he was ready he would return...

((OOC: Sorry for not posting too frequently...between recent medical issues and, on top of that, a nasty headcold/flu thing...yeah, anyway.))

IC:

Ara nodded briskly at Durandal. "More often than I wish I would have to do, to be perfectly honest."

The blond Jedi glanced at her brunette counterpart. "We should stay just outside of his mind. The presence is more dangerous than others I have encountered. I have a nasty suspicion that it could trap us in there, not necessarily indefinitely, but for a good amount of time."

Ara gritted her teeth. "We have to lure it further out here, sort of like a Force exorcism. Think you can manage that? If you do the luring, I can do the fighting...?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Skye glanced up at Ara, reaching into her pocket to bring out one of the crystals she had collected, the other she wore around her neck.

"Yes, I feel that caution will be the better option here. I'm sure this will come in handy when it comes to trapping the presence."

The two had worked together often, Skye now nodding her head in compliance to drawing the presence out further while Ara fought it.

She began by a teasing type of luring. Lurking on the edge of Kirlocca's mind to draw the presence out from where it was embedding itself, though Skye wouldn't enter. She held the crystal out to Ara, keeping her attention on the presence as she felt it shift and begin to react to her subtle luring.

SkyeOrgana.jpg