Dagobah

Darth Heretic

The awe of the speech overwhelmed Merkahl. Unsure if the force was being used to make him cross the line he stood his ground. The urge was almost dragging him to the ground. He locked his legs and waited to see what would happen to these people. Different species hurried across the line, but when the stream started to slow down suddenly a force unbeknown to him almost knocked him down. A force unlike any other he had felt. He felt as if his whole body was sensitive to the force, for those few brief seconds he knew it was coming from the one called Adi-Wan. Such immense power! He thought to himself. How could this be? Never had he known such power existed. Did anyone else feel that?

Merkahl fell back into one of his memries. He was there again. Not here, any place but here. He wanted to claw at his mind, but it would do no good. He stood there, where the council tried to regroup, but could not hold on to Naboo. It seemed like he was just a young boy at the time. His father, one of them, the great Jedi had died there. Coming back to reality he was unsure if he wanted to be here at all. As he turned around to leave lightning struck bringing light unto many faces. Merkahl suddenly saw his father. A ghostly spirit form, but there he was waving him to come forward.

As the few remnants still standing there crossed before him he lost sight of him. If this was to be his father's wish so be it. He stepped forward willing to take on what would be.

Edited by Guest
merkahl.jpg

Hou-Jo rises. "I am with you, Sly Stevenson, the Master Prophet."

Hou-Jo climbs up onto a tree branch.

"But these words are greatly inspired, we need something to insure that we do not repeat past mistakes from battle. Every time the Jedi and Sith have battled, one side has retreated. I am not the wisest of the Jedi, nor am I in any position of leadership, but my friends, brothers and sisters, LET US NOT BE THE ONES TO FLEE! As Master Stevenson has said, take that extra inch. But do not aim for an inch. Aim for a foot, a yard, a MILE!"

Hou-Jo jumps down to the ground, "Let us all fight with courage, valor, and wisdom that the Jedi once proved to have all too long ago. Don't be weak, don't run away. If a Jedi is failing help him. Leave none alive to be taken prisoner... All for one, AND ONE FOR ALL!"

Tares nodded, "Should you choose not to go, then you continue to live your life for a few more moments of peace, with out physical conflict. It is your choice of what happens to you. You can continue to learn in the ways of the force, or go on your own."

Setting down the stick, he smiled, "I understand where you are on the current matter. On one hand you wish to be helpful, and do the right thing. On the other hand you are cautious about throwing yourself into the heat of battle for people you barely know. Ask anyone on the otherside of the line, and they will tell you you should cross that line since its 'the right thing to do'. Yet as a Jedi, to do the right thing means to protect the innocent, something hard to do if you are dead."

Standing up, he continued, "If you ask me, do what you feel is right. A Jedi is suppost to be selfless, yet why deny yourself? Are you not just as important as the people you protect? Isn't it your duty to do whats right for yourself? If you feel like its your purpose to cross the line, than do so. Yet if its not, well then, don't...."

tares.jpg

*Adi-Wan looked to Impede, and smirked.*

"The battlefield will take place ... right where the Living Force so should choose it to, youngling. You must give into the force - trust it's will. No one can ever see the end of the path .... rather, the road, and steps that we must make to reach the end. In time, you will learn to give into the will of the Force ... and trust it's decisions."

*Adi-Wan watched the struggling Merkahl stumble to his feet, and cross the line with timid foot steps. He could read this one like an open book. He never knew his father - but, rather - knew of him. They'd been friends of friends in the Realm between the living, and the Living Force. Adi-Wan could see the inner battle being waged within this young potential ... but, at the same time - he knew that the kid would be alright in the end. He nodded to him as he passed the line.*

*Adi-Wan spoke again to Mathis.*

"The Jedi ... have morphed, for lack of a better term - to something more ... dignified, then the previous Orders. This Order has - in the past - made strikes against our enemies, on our own terms. No longer will we let the fight be brought to us. Master Yoda, Master Windu, even Master Skywalker - they all refused to pick up arms against the growing threat ... until it was too late. No longer will the Jedi sit on our haunches, and allow ourselves to be ambushed, to be surpised, to be ... slaughtered. That is were you underestimate the present state of the Jedi. The Jedi of the past were not warriors ... we, however, are slowly making that transition.

A pre-emptive strike against our enemies is as effective as offering protection in the midst of an attack - actually - it's more effective, as it lops the beast's head off in an infantile state - rather then letting it grow to an epic proportion, and take many Jedi down in the process of trying to remove it. Does that make sense? If not, allow me to rephrase it:

We will no longer be victims, Mathis ... we will pick up arms to pre-emptively attack the growing threats of this galaxy, before they can mature into nightmares. Understood?

What is being asked of you ... is not to give your life ... but, rather ... to watch the lives of your bretheren in combat ... and expect the same from them. We're all looking out for one another now ... no more running, no more division, no more ... defeat."

*He nodded towards Mathis.*

"The choice is your's to stand with us ... to make us stronger ... or to turn your back upon us ... and cast aside your desires, and hopes of becoming a Jedi, and upholding the standards that have been tried and true through centuries ... it is your choice to make. We can only bring you so far - before you have to pull the trigger ... now, Mathis ... what will it be? What is your decision?"

"*****, you bettah bring me some muh'******' cone-yack, or i'll keeeeeeeeeeeeell, yoooooo"

Hou-Jo calls everyone's attention. "Everyone. A reason we have fled in battle in the past, is the fear of the Jedi being destroyed. If things get to the point where we believe we may be defeated. We must make a hard decision. Should we begin to fall, we must agree on someone to flee, to rebuild our ranks."

*Adi-Wan snickered at Impede's quickness to jump at the chance to rebuild the Jedi in the event of total defeat. He admired the youngster's devotion, and ambition.*

"Impede ... I believe that a Jedi Master would be a better choice ... although, your ambition, and committment certainly should not be questioned. You are not qualified to teach, yet ... in time, young one - you will learn your place. As of now - you will be a learner ... not a teacher."

*He replied to Hou-Jo.*

"Hou-Jo ... I nominate you to rebuild the Jedi Order, should we fall in the midst of battle. You have shown tremendous knowledge in the way of the Jedi. Your scholastics regarding the Jedi ... is seldomly matched. You may not be a Council member - but, you know what is expected of a student, having been one, and expected of a teacher - as you've been one as well. In the midst of battle - myself, Master Prophet, and Master Blckclone will all need to lead on, into the dying fight ... if so chooses the Living Force. For us to turn tail, would certainly crumble morale. However .... rest assured ... we shall not fail.

... you speak boldly in precaution, however ... I feel it will not be necessary. However, erring on the side of caution .. should our ranks break, and the battle look bleak ... you will lead the Jedi remnants to a location of your choosing, predetermined, to begin the rebuilding process.

With that being said ... I have confidence in the numbers, and warriors that we have assembled before us. I was in the last Jedi Offensive ... was awarded commendations for my efforts ... I'm no stranger to a bleak battlefield ... however, we left the field that day ... victorious ... just as we did in the belly of Sullust. We shall not fail, Poleb ... that much, I can assure you."

*He nodded towards Hou-Jo, Sly, and lastly Blckclone in a sign of total confidence.*

"*****, you bettah bring me some muh'******' cone-yack, or i'll keeeeeeeeeeeeell, yoooooo"

*Adi-Wan smiled to himself, and spoke, as Lightning crashed in the background.*

"Be mindful of your thoughts, Impede ... I said it is not your time, and your time it is not ...

... patience, Impede ... you must learn patience."

OOC: I apolegize that work often calls...however I shall do as I can to be online at least a couple of hours in every 24, as I've been able to so far.

IC: Elfin hears the voice of Tares in his mind and shortly, follows to the tree at which he sat, speaking with Darla. He sensed the two of them would become the Knight's Padawans, an unusual measure for unusual times.

Approaching from behind the young, female apprientice he sensed Darla's insecurity and overheard the questioning in her voice. He stepped very relaxedly, so as not to startle her as he brought one hand up to her shoulder in an honest, friendly touch.

"Worry not for the Force, fellow Padawan," he reassured.

"It is good for each to wait until the course of action to be taken is that which one is already undertaking to perform.

"Fighting the enemies of the Jedi is not for us to arrogantly assume...as if we had such a right to take that as our own,

"We simply do as we must and we act how we feel...," the human looking cross-breed smiled in innocent sarcasm,

"...how can we help it if the enemies of the Jedi then choose to be ours also?"

He then knelt before master Vortex, motioning for Darla to join him.

"We know that the Jedi are the protectors of the peace within the Galactic Republic. That is a cause I can stand up for."

However quietly, he thought to himself,

Within reason.

sig17xi.jpg

Okay, I think we have Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs (he puts the lotion in the basket) on our hands.
I am going to save this whole thing as a word file when it finally dies...

Merkahl watched the council decide their fate as water poured over him and the people he now considered his own. His clothes and outer robe were soaked through by this time. Using a trick with the force that he had learned as a kid, he listened into the council's conversation.

At first he was shocked they even considered defeat after such speeches. But soon realized the wisdom that no matter what hope must survive for the people. As he watched Lord Impede from a short distance he saw his saber spining in the air. He was shocked at first. He had never actually seen the force before. He had seen Jedi move objects before, but always just the object moving on air. Now he actually saw the lines of power holding and moving the saber.

Did Adi-Wan's surge open his awareness? Or maybe just something he had not looked for before now. His father had taught him some basics about controlling and using the force, but no more than that. Always telling him later and when he was ready. Well he was ready now and the only one able to teach him were the Jedi.

merkahl.jpg

OOC: I hope this won't be considered a double-post. I won't be able to hang around for much longer and it'll be at least several hours, perhaps days? before I can return to the web (goddamn service carriers taking 3 days to connect..I'm using public internet services).

IC: Having had a moment to clear his thoughts of the present, Elfin turns to his master Tares, wondering if he were regarded as a Knight or Master among the Order's council members and asks,

"I am interested in knowing more about telekinesis. The ability to move objects appears to me to be a fundamental utilization of the Force for the Jedi."

And he prepares to undertake whatever instruction master Vortex explains to him presently, with all earnest inspiration.

sig17xi.jpg

Okay, I think we have Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs (he puts the lotion in the basket) on our hands.
I am going to save this whole thing as a word file when it finally dies...

After dealing with Impede's behavior, Hou-Jo turns his attention to Adi-Wan. "I am glad you feel that way... Adi-Wan. But let us hope that would never have to happen. However upon suggesting, I had no intention for such thing to be trusted in me. But if it is common will of the others, I will do it."

He walks away from Adi-Wan, but then stops. "There is much more I am willing to do. I'm not sure if it's possible... or what I wish to seek even exists anymore..."

Sly looks straight into they eyes of Mathis, speaking straight to him, as others listen. Sly extends his hand past the line, in front of Mathis, speaking into his eyes.

"You have two options, either your hand, so I can help you across this line, or, your saber... and your possition in this order. Like I said before, I cannot make you cross this line, but I WILL prevent anyone who doesnt believe, anyone who stops believing in their brothers. Now... make your choice."

Sly holds his hand out in front of Mathis.

Turning back to the crowd, Sly uses his hand in a waving motion, as the bombay doors of his ship lower, exposing the insides of its hull.

"Now... let us get these men some weapons."

OOC: Yes, I have the power to do this, if you do not wish to fight, that is fine, however, you will not poison those around you. The choice is yours.

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

Having said her piece Astryd stepped sideways and out of the main group, but remained on the pro-action side of the line. As the council members debated, she pondered her own fate. There was no question but that she would support the Jedi in this battle but how was she to do that, with no training in the Force, no master, and no friends here on Dagobah? What good could her archaic combat skills do against a sith with a lightsaber?

She watched as Master Stevenson made his final offer to the small group of Jedi yet remaining undecided, and scoffed. If she had the courage to go into this head-on, risk everything for a cause she believed right, why was it so hard for these Jedi already imbued with the power of the Force on their side to decide to fight for their belief as well? They would be fighting to protect their family, the brothers and sisters of their order, to her there seemed no question as to what was required of them. She supposed there must be something she was missing.

Heading towards the opening doors of Master Stevenson's ship, she kept her ears and eyes open, watching and listening to those around her in order to learn names and faces.

OOC: As decided by two out of three votes of the council (which is enough) in war times, the following actions are acceptable, with a limited time. This training will go towards ALL padawans and hopefulls future saber training. This will credit as SOME part of the training.

IC: Sly walks up the ramp, as he busts open a crate that he had placed long ago from the old wars on the sith temple, he had placed the extra weapons here.

Opening the crate, Sly exposes the hundreds of hilts in the crate...

"Line up... the sun will set soon. Those who do not have a weapon for this battle, come... come into the bomb bay."

Connecting eyes with a young female, Sly takes note of the determination in her eyes. "Such determination for somone so beautiful, I havent seen determination like that since... Airleas..."

OOC: These will be nulled AFTER this battle, and returned, regaurdless of how u act or react after the battle. These sabers will be returned to Master Prophet.

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

Joel shook his head at the almost dictator-like approach Sly was taking to rally his support.

If you're not with us, you're against us? Threatening Mathis to try to get him to support him? Screaming at me, not acknowledging the fact that I fought alongside the Jedi during the war with the bugs, in spite of the fact that no one would take me for training? It sounds like the Jedi are on a path to the dark side.

Yet, in spite of this, I cannot let the Jedi fall. If the Jedi fall, nothing will stop the Empire and the Sith from overrunning the galaxy.

Yet the Jedi Order is set to transmute into another Sith order.

The paradox ate at Joel's heart, but he knew that, at least for now, he had no choice.

He stepped forward, across the line. He turned back to his teacher. "Mathis, I do this not because the Master Prophet desires it, but because I know the Jedi cannot be allowed to fall. I respect your decision, either way." It is a difficult one, he added silently, pulsing the message through the Force.

Joel pulled the hilt of a lightsaber out of the crate Master Prophet had provided.

He ignited the blade; blue-white it flashed to life, humming in his hand.

*Kirlocca turned towards Mes.*

"Mes, I think it is time, for Sly and the other Masters to sit down and talk with the council."

War, I fear to have to go into it, but yet, I will fight for one who knows that I will return.

*Kirlocca put his arm around Sayn and moved her closer to him.*

"Sayn, This will be your first battle. I know that you will do fine, because I have taught you. Stay close to me, and you'll be fine!"

*Kirlocca then looked into the eyes of the Head of the Council.*

He shows no fear on the outside, yet I can feel the fear on the inside. He will lead the order into a state of calmness, I know this for a fact, for I have forseen this. The order will look to him when they need him the most, and he will be there for them, that was why he was chosen.

Hou-Jo walks up to Sly, "Hundreds? You won't mind then if I borrow a few

Already having two of his own, Hou-Jo takes two more lightsabers, spins them around and places them on his belts, then takes one last one, "Doesn't hurt to be prepared."

He walks away to his apprentice, "No, there would be little I could teach you at this point. Be patient."

OOC: Bud, Greg, everyone, don't attack until I have time to talk to Bounty Hunter Mike, which won't probably be until tommorow. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

After returning from his quick erand and after bringing in all that was said, Ryoo walked up to Sly and said "Master, I am prepared to serve the jedi in any way possible and although I do not need to know the answer to this question I still have to ask it... Why? Do not take this as a way of disagreeing I have just missed alot in the past few days and I just need filled in." While waiting for an answer, Ryoo grabed another saber from the crate, a black one.

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

Stepping across the line on his own, Mathis says to Sly, "I do not fight because you have threatened me, or because of the words you speak. I will fight because of what I believe in. Adi-Wan gave me an explanation, something you wouldn't. That was all I needed. So I will fight with the order, for the order."

Levitating an extra saber from the box, he clips it in place on his belt, as a spare. Watching the horde arm themselves, Mathis sends a message to Joel through the Force, Thank you for standing beside me.

mathis-1.jpg