Tython

Adenna remained in place breathing heavily even after the Wookiee had left. Her mind was struggling to comprehend what happened. She felt a sense of betrayal as the realization hit her that she had been manipulated in the most personal and private of ways. She felt no small amount of violation for the mental intrusion and how it toyed with her fears.

As she pondered it in silence, she began to detach herself from her emotions and look at what happened objectively. It was clear that Kirlocca was testing her, seeing where she would break and what she would do. She would have preferred it be in a less invasive manner, but she was not a Jedi Master and did not know as much about combat or teaching as Kirlocca. She was disturbed that a Jedi would purposefully manipulate a fellow Jedi like that, but she would not dwell on it. Sometimes, drastic things had to be done. Jedi killed in combat and did other things that in and of themselves would be considered horrible if taken out of context. What Kirlocca had done was most likely to help her in case her fears did ever come true. He needed to test her as she needed to be tested if she were ever to become a Jedi Knight. She calmed herself herself down and put aside her emotions and feelings so they would not disturb anyone else.

After several minutes, she felt comfortable and collected enough to begin walking to the nearest refresher to clean up a bit. She remained silent as she sifted through the remaining repercussions of her encounter. After washing her face and cooling down, she left in search of Dahar. Without comlinks, she had to find him through the Force's touch. It was fairly easy to do now that she was familiar with his presence, even among so many other Jedi. When she found him, she said quietly, "Master Kirlocca wishes to see us in the top gardens."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Darex shook his head. "None have us have ever been here, Nishant. The Jedi Temple here is new, built for a time when having a hidden base was a necessary precaution. Hopefully now though, it will be able to become a place of reflection and a peaceful haven."

The afternoon passed fairly swiftly. They chatted and passed the time as they walked. The forest remained peaceful around them, and even the larger beasts that Darex sensed in the forest were content to leave them alone in their search for prey. For a while, he sensed some unease in Darla, so he put an arm around her waist as they walked. He didn't say anything, but gently exuded peaceful feelings through the Force that he hoped she'd pick up on. He didn't know what was bothering her, but he knew that she knew he would be willing to listen if she chose to talk about it.

An hour before sunset, the Temple came into view. It was a shining new enclave, rounded and only a few stories, very simple with no elaborate architecture. It almost blended into the forest. It seemed nice, although to Darex, all temples had their own distinctiveness that made each one feel a little different. This one seemed very solitary, something that Darex knew he should have expected, given that it was originally designed to be a place of quiet meditation, but hadn't.

As they approached, he noticed several other groups of Jedi also coming up. They merged with the group as they passed through the doors and were greeted by a group of adepts.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Strangely enough, Kitt remained silent as the group walked and simply just took the soft conversations in as they made their way towards the Temple. It seemed strange to him that a lot of the talk and feelings within the Force all echoed from a very familiar place. His ears however, followed Aira and Trushaun. He had met Aira right before he took the Grandmaster role, and Trushaun right after. To hear them both talk was something he enjoyed listening to. The conversation had come to a moment of pause as their gaze turned towards the Temple which was now before all of them.

As he took a quick look over it, and turned his head towards Darex. He didn't need to take it in, as he was the one who designed it and was a key part in it's building. He saw Darex along with Skye, Darla, and some other Jedi whom he did not know. It was good to see the Jedi Order had responded in great numbers. Maybe I'm doing the right thing after all. Shaking his head for a moment to rid the thought from his mind. He didn't need such thoughts during a time like this. He glanced over at Marcus and gave him a wave to indicate that he should remain with the group they had walked with. He didn't want to leave him so soon, but he knew that a whole lot of time would be coming within a few days for the two to spend together. Until then, he had business to attend to. Making a quick withdraw from the group he was with, he made a hurried walk into the Temple. Much was about to take place, and he needed to be ready for it.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Trushuan's story was fascinating, and very sad. I hoped fervently that she would receive some answers sometime. As she began to speak a little of her culture, I found it quite dichotomous. They seemed fairly peaceful, since Trushuan said they had no wars, but when she said that one would be killed for simply setting foot on the surface, I reevaluated my opinion.

But I wasn't really focused on that. Rather, I was immediately aware that my questions had made her uncomfortable for some reason. "I'm sorry, Trushaun. I didn't know it was a sore subject. Forget I brought it up." I felt like I had put my foot in my mouth, but I supposed that in my defense most beings enjoyed talking about their homeworlds. But perhaps the Fosh were just very private people. I didn't know.

"If you're interested," I said, wanted to smooth things over, "perhaps I can tell you about my homeworld sometime. For now, though, I suppose we should get settled."

The Temple entrance was before us, and several groups of Jedi were converging on it's doorstep. I turned to Trushaun. "It was very nice to meet you. I'm sure we'll see each other again soon."

With a wave, I headed to the room the nearest adept had assigned me. It was very small, but such was to be expected when a small temple was being expanded to hold the entire Jedi Order. I also had two roommates, two Jedi Knights that I had never met before. One was a Zabrak and the other was a Drall. I greeted them and introduced myself, then after a few minutes, I excused myself and headed to back outside. I wanted to get a workout in before dinner, and I figured I had just enough time. One thing the army had done for me, I thought as I jogged through the more well-worn paths of the forest, was teach me the value of staying in peak physical shape. It was more than my parents had ever done, no matter how much they had tried to motivate me.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Kari's ship exits hyperspace after a few secluded and traverse jumps since she left Gala, intended on keeping any stragglers and pursuers off her trail. Entering Tython's atmosphere, Kari reaches out to Dashel's mind strangely fast before she heads his way.

"Master Jedi..." Kari's thoughts are well hidden and her purpose unclear. "As your requested, i have returned your droid to you."

It wouldn't be long before she arrived at his location.

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

"No need to apol-pologize. Aira had no knowledge of this. Fosh are just a well guarded species. Maybe one day I could take you there. It is rather beautiful, well. It was..." She trailed off as the Temple came into view. "Trushaun would enjoy another conversation with Aira. Trushaun is sure she will see the Jedi Knight around. Farewell." The young avian bowed her head and smiled. As the two separated, she realized that while there were plenty of males around the temple....None had interacted with her...

A question to be solved for later. For now...It was time to go to the medical bay. Asking for directions, she was pointed in the right direction and made her way towards the bay. She had a much more serious tone to her face as she wanted to find out what these tattoos and that metallic clink were all from.

Trushauncopy3.png

Having completed the trip twice at this trip, Tares was less observant of the temple upon their arrival as before. The group quickly came into the clearing and approached the temple with other Jedi coming up in front and behind them. His eyes scanned these other arrivals, taking in a couple familiar faces. Since the crowd was much larger than his first arrival, he had hoped to see individuals he recognized.

He was partially successful. While he didn't see these particular individuals, their familiar presence within the force was enough. Noticing that the group he traveled with was starting to deform, Tares politely excused himself to track down these individuals.

With a quick pace, Tares made his way up the stream of Jedi until he was just behind the four... actually five... individuals. He had a good deal of catching up to do with them since Corellia several months ago.

"'Three Jedi and a padawan walk into a temple'... sounds like the start of a bad joke." Tares remarked in Skye, Darla, Darex, and Nishant's direction. "Are you sure the jungle is the safest place for a mother-to-be?" He asked with a smile....

tares.jpg

After the days walk, Darla was pretty fed up. She didn't grumble though, instead she tried to enjoy the scenary and the company of her friends. It was a little tiring for her but she held her own with everybody else. In her younger days a jaunt through a forest would have been nothing to her and she could have easily carried twice what she was carrying now.

Her lack of connection to the Force, the fact that she would probably never be as fit as she was when she was a younger woman and the fact that she preganant made the trek a bit of an ordeal. Like a trooper she took it in her stride.

Dam... Just imagine what it's going to be like when you get bigger than this?

Darla wasn't sure how long they would be staying, but she was on the cusp of her current state beginning to show. By the time that they left she would most definitely be bigger than she was now. The journey there might have been challenging but the journey back would be killer.

If we stay long enough I might be travelling back with two babies.

The idea of making the journey back with something more akin to her old body was appealing, but transporting two new borns through the forest wasn't at all.

The temple was pretty impressive. It may not have all the luxuries of Tahlia's place by the lake, but the setting was just as peaceful and idyllic. It was far away from any city or distraction. Very far. Plus Darla had her family there with her.

"'Three Jedi and a padawan walk into a temple'... sounds like the start of a bad joke." Tares remarked in Skye, Darla, Darex, and Nishant's direction. "Are you sure the jungle is the safest place for a mother-to-be?" He asked with a smile....

Her face suddenly lit up with a smile. As soon as she heard that voice, a voice that she would know anywhere. Tares, her first mentor in the ways of the Force. Someone who opened up her eyes to larger Galaxy and with whom she would always have a special bond.

Turning around to face him she embraced him warmly.

"Well, what do you think? I think whatever's out there in the forest should watch out. I've got children to protect. I'll just be more ferocious than ever." She gave him a wink. "It really is nice to see a familiar face, I guess you came because of the summons as well huh? I'm technically not part of the order any more, but my Doctor and my children's father are so I didn't get much of a choice."

The statement was playful. Although she hadn't wanted to leave Corellia she happy to be at the Temple. And she was very happy to with the people she cared about the most.

Rannrsig.jpg

As they moved out of the hangar and on the path to the temple, Nishant walked easily beside his master and processed her request of him. The vibrations around him came easily now, and he spoke with the same grace of that which he felt. "Everything sings. Even with the rebirth of seasons, and the quality of the new, there is a very old life here. And everything is singing. The colors are clearer than on Gala--I don't know if that speaks for the planet or my limitations."

Once they had been on the path for some time Nishant bent his body as he walked and slipped his sandals from his feet, laying them in his pack and feeling the splendor of the rugged earth against his skin. Yes, he thought. It is singing up into my very bones.

And near to sunset, when they arrived at the temple, Nishant soaked in the converging Jedi with a smile. There were many to learn from here, many to listen to, many to share with. No sooner had he thought this than they were greeted by one such man, who seemed familiar with them. From his aura Nishant took him to be a man of many experiences. The mention of 'children' was a surprise--she was carrying twins, two lives instead of one. A wonderful notion.

Nishant2.png

"But beneath the courtesy...a deep reservoir of feeling."

The message sent through the auspices of the force allowed Dashel to learn a great deal about Kari Kohl, probably far more than she would have preferred. The mental tone of the young woman now felt focused where before there had always been a strange duality of personality. Gone, too, was what he felt had been the zenith of the type of personality especially suited to become Jedi, one that could find forgiveness for every action, no matter how awful.

That Kari Kohl had met Faust, aka Lusef Aryan, and now someone new and far less dangerous to Faust loomed in the sky above him.

Dashel knew better than to let her land anywhere near the Jedi temple. Her mindset, so tinged with darkness and anger would certainly attract more Jedi than necessary. Besides, Kari Kohl had not earned such a terrible reception as of yet. He hoped it would never be necessary, especially since the lessons he had learned from her had allowed him to move past being a Jedi to something else entirely.

He lifted his communications link to his mouth and quietly broadcast a message to Kari Kohl. ”œKari Kohl, on the outskirts of the city is a small spaceport run by a friend of mine named Burksed. If you wish to speak with me head there. I, alone, will meet you there.”

Darex grinned and greeted Tares. The Jedi Master was an old friend, both Darla's and Skye's master, and he had even taught Darex a few tricks here and there. Darex had hoped that Tares would be here. He knew that it would put Darla more at ease if she was surrounded by practically everyone she cared about. Now that he knew she was pregnant, Darex was determined to do everything in his power to see that she was safe and happy. He didn't want her taking any risks, and he wanted her to be in a comfortable place where she wouldn't feel unhappy or threatened.

Darla's playful statement to Tares was very true. Darex knew that she would now be more ferocious than ever--a sand panther protecting her cubs. The image made him smile. It was in truth one of the many things that attracted him to her--she didn't hold anything back when it came to protecting those she cared about. It was more than Darex could say. He had always practiced the constraint of a Jedi Master, and the times he hadn't had been the lowest points in his life.

But while constraint was comfortable, and secure, and everything Darex had ever been taught, here was another thing that would change when the babies were born. He knew that his children would always be a weak spot in his armor of Jedi detachment. But he also knew that deep down, he didn't care. If he couldn't love his own children with abandonment, he would be no kind of father.

Not that he knew how to be a father. That fact had been nagging at him ever since Darla's pronouncement had set in. He was an orphan, and never had any sort of father figure in his life. True, there had been Jedi at the temple on Naboo where he had grown up who had provided him with some model of male authority, but none of them had been loving relationships. Even his master had been female.

No, he'd just have to muddle through the best he could, and hope and pray that he didn't mess these children up too badly. That was something that scared him a little. But he figured he could trust his instincts, and that was something that he did have a lot of practice doing.

He shook his head. He had been silent, letting Darla and Tares catch up, but he had become lost in his own thoughts. He stepped forward to one of the adepts, who assigned them special quarters. When Darex asked why the special arrangement, the adept looked at him with a slightly puzzled expression and told him his quarters were standard for Jedi council members.

Oh, he thought. He had almost forgotten his still-fairly-recent status. He led the way to the assigned room, which was not much more than a standard master-padawan suite with a nicer view. Darex smiled to himself. It's good to be back among typical Jedi sparseness.

As he waited for Darla to finish her conversation with her old master--not that he was in any rush at all, for once--he reached out through the Force to the Grandmaster, imparting a sense that he was available if needed and would be at Kitt's service.

FDY9u6P.png

As Dean stood within the group that had gathered, he allowed his mind to wander. Since arriving on Tython, Dean had felt more at peace than any other time in his life. Pretty soon, the group started walking into the forest, and as Kitt waved him forward, Dean jogged to catch up. As he walked side by side with Kitt, he spoke up.

"So how will my training begin, Grand Master."

reilly1.jpg

Eleven. It had been eleven days since the Jedi master had first touched the soil of this world. Eleven days since he had taken his first breath of this world's air. Eleven days and he had still not reached the temple. The journey was to be a day's walk from where he had landed. He had been in no hurry to arrive and did not feel compelled to rush. Furthermore it provided extra security incase some one had been tracking him to this world.

He had softly sang a tune to himself under the crystal blue sky that hung over the world. The crisp yet ripe air of the forest he had landed in smacked him in the face. It would have been difficult breathing for most but it was something he was used to and adjusted accordingly. Still the wall of green could have been considered daunting, since he had no directional device to help him along his way. Instead of concerning about such things he slowly pressed forward cautiously.

Day one had not been for a greenhorn. He spent most of the day trudging through thick mud, overwhelming forest, vines and, creepers that would hold him back as he got further and further bogged down the deeper he went in. Yet the Jedi took comfort in the challenge. The bugs that stole from his body and bit his flesh were welcome in a way. Allowing a physical manifestation to happen of what he felt.

Truth be told after so many years of combat he could feel parts of him pulling away. Though the fires of war had hardened him and forged him, parts had begun to flake away. Parts that he worried would allow him to lose sight of the Jedi way. For so long he had no home, nowhere he really wished to be, no one he wanted to see and, so he had simply deployed himself engagement after engagement. Helping those he could, killing when he had to.

Through the fires of war much had become of him. He had grown quite powerful in the Force. Yet he never exercised the ability. Instead he had always opted for the least direct use of the Force possible. His skill with a lightsaber had grown exponentially, and so he had opted to use his bare hands instead of maim more creatures. He had noticed far to many Jedi falling into the same trap. A trap he told his padawan on day three.

”œYou see, the problems lies with quite a few Jedi. They learn combat and training and how to kill and believe that their skill with a lightsaber means something. Not understanding that their prowess with a lightsaber is nothing more than childish vanity. They began to use the Force as an ends to a means. Their use of the physical Force powers became no more than a conjuror's trick, slight of hand to dazzle the ordinary beings that they should have be serving. Their use profane these powers by using them as weapons in war. They truly failed to grasp the single true uncompromising duty of a Jedi. They were to be the guard at the door. The one with the single mentality of I will defend these beings with my life and that is the sum of me.”

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

"Everything sings. Even with the rebirth of seasons, and the quality of the new, there is a very old life here. And everything is singing. The colors are clearer than on Gala--I don't know if that speaks for the planet or my limitations."

"It may be a bit of both there. Gala has a different feel through the Force, due to the Military presence it's had. Keep your senses open while we are here, let the Force flow through you. Let it surround you. The Force can give you information you need to know, can give you visions of the past or the future." The Healer fell silent so to let her padawan drink in their surrounds.

As they broke through the forest, Skye was happy to see her former Master already there along with the other group of Jedi. She waited until Darla and Darex had greeted him before stepping up to Tares to embrace him. "It's been too long."

At his latter remark, Skye almost laughed, still she grinned and said, "Have you forgotten where I was when I carried each of my children?" She knew without a doubt though that Darla would guard her unborn children well. "Master Tares, I'd like you to meet my new padawan, Nishant." The Jedi Master indicated towards her padawan, her eyes now meeting with Nishant's, "Master Tares Vortex was my Jedi Master, along with Darla's for a time. He is a wise Jedi and you would do well to learn from what he says", Skye's eyes were sparkling as she spoke with a teasing hint in her voice.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Kitt had to pause mid stride as Dean spoke. It wasn't something he had expected to hear, not seeing as he didn't know, but rather, Dean didn't know how training normally went with Jedi. Looking at his eyes, he spoke just above a whisper.

"I would like for you to first feel the Force and come to know it well. There is a meditation chamber not far from this entrance. Enter it and spend some time reaching out with your perceptions. It may take a while before you can even feel it, or come to a place of knowing exactly what it is you're feeling. Normally, I would be there with you, but there are some important matters that the Jedi Council must decide. These meetings take place behind closed doors. If you find yourself stuck in the process, seek out a suitable quarters for yourself and I will find you as soon as the meeting is over."

It was quick and to the point, and he felt horrible for doing so with his apprentice. However, the only other option would be to delay the whole entire Order. The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or one. Dean would come to understand this sometime later on his journey. For now, he made quick haste to the Jedi Council chambers. As he walked away from Dean and towards the chambers, he echoed in the Force a need for the rest of the Jedi council to make haste. The sooner they meet, the better for the Order.

The young Jedi Padawan walked down the hallways. It was defiantly brand new. The temple even had a trace of welding scent still. She was glad that there was not many people around as she entered the medical bay. She checked into the Medical Bay. A droid attended to her.

"Greetings Padawan, How can I assist you today?"

"I think I need some scans of my spine. I have a metallic clicking. I would also like to see what kind of tattoos these are...."

"Certainly. We are not busy. So we can get you in right now. If you follow me...."

The Fosh was scanned and processed. A Jedi Healer actually had to go over the results, so she was sent away for a bit as he was summoned to the Jedi Council Meeting that was taking place. She walked outside once again. But she passed by a man, he seemed more of a solider than a Jedi. (DEAN) He seemed out of place. She connected with his gaze. Nodding, smiling, she continued outside. It was time for some practice in a new technique she learned.

Trushauncopy3.png

After collecting Teacher Dahar, the two walked to the gardens in silence. Adenna wasn't in much of a mood to talk and Dahar did not seem interested in pressing the subject. When they arrived, Adenna took a deep breath to flush out lingering emotions and doubts and followed Dahar in to find Master Kirlocca waiting for them.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

The upper gardens were very much like the ones on the Gala Temple, but larger in size. The room would feel even larger if an occupant stood in the very middle of the room, to which Kirlocca was standing there now. He stood there calmly as he watched Adenna and Dahar enter. As they made there way slowly to the center, the Jedi Master spoke up addressing Adenna.

<< I would ask for forgiveness from you, but you will come to understand that such a manipulation was needed. I once had to face the very same thing as I began my trials into Knighthood so many years ago. The very truth of it is this, the Dark Side will never stop tempting you. It will find new ways to allure you. Despite having different people, planets, and situations, our backgrounds are very similar in plot. I feared for your survival as a Jedi. >>

Kirlocca lifted his paw and directed Dahar to stand off to the side. As he did, he used his other paw to urge Adenna in closer to him.

<< There are five trials of which a young Jedi must go through in order to become a Jedi Knight. Skill, Courage, Spirit, Flesh, and Insight. You have gone through Skill and Flesh aboard the Death Star. Spirit upon your return Gala. And Courage just now with the Force illusions. You have but one final test. Insight. Therefore you will travel to the old ruins of the Jedi Temple here on Tython. There you will find a holocron that must be returned. Find it and bring it back here. >>

Waiting for any questions she may or may not have, Kirlocca remained where he was standing. In fact, he would stay in this very spot until she returned.

((I apologize for the length and the wording after all the time I've not posted, but I hope its enough)).

The interest that his padawan took to the exercise was refreshing and to be teaching one so willing to explore the depths of the world was truly invigorating. He had spent a small portion of time with Durzo before his previous padawan fell into a deep coma, pushing him away from his potential and their potential relationship; before Roene could even get through their first lesson.

Elnia was different though...

She is essentially new to the world, seeing it with all its beauty and its destruction through a different medium. She knows only the force, because it is all she has to react through. It is all she's ever known”¦

Roene could remember vividly the day he spent learning how to manipulate and harness the fluctuations of a mighty waterfall, but was amazed when his young charge had completed a smaller iteration of the task in only a small fraction of the time. Amazing, simply remarkable”¦ Could it be her race's natural affinity for such force based methodologies? Maybe.

Silently he watched as she formed a perfect sphere of water under his guise and then replicated it under the warmth of the sun embracing them both, keeping Tyue held back until she fell to the grass; he watched the stream of liquid gleaming blue energy as it transferred through her and embraced the water, caressing its luxurious sapphire form and portioning it back into the water even through Tyue's annoyed grumbles.

Now it seemed the small canine's interests were centered on her toes even though a familiar sound started poking through trees to his and Roene's attentive ears.

It seems Tyue's family wishes to revisit with the pup and see how he is doing. You may go”¦

The last few words of Roene's silent thoughts echoed through Tyue's mind and in a small affirmative glance the pup ran off into the woods toward a jovial sound of howling and barking.

”œCongratulations Elnia, on an appropriately executed sphere of water,”

NvFYuwm.png

Trushaun loved the outdoors. It was where she belonged. The young Fosh swung from tree to tree. She practiced her aerobatics and her lightsaber skills in the tree. It was a gracious ballet. She would throw her training her sabers into the air, she flipped around a branch and flung her limber body up, catching her sabers. She killed the lightsabers from the next jump, clipping the deactivated the hilts. Shaking a tree some pine cones fell down, launching a Force Push she sent the trees across the canopy of the forest.

Satisfied, she crawled down the tree, and concentrated on a tree sappling. A few centimeters grew as she concentrated more and more. Then she was done with that, Trushaun meditated for a few more moments.

Trushauncopy3.png

((Sorry for the delay))

Xae nodded to the silver-haired man in acknowledgement. ”œI felt it best with my nieces budding Force abilities combined with her independent nature that she should come for training among the Jedi Order. She's lived on Concord Dawn with the Skirata clan since she was two,”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Galen walked out onto the ramp. This place hadn't changed much in his absence. Ashla's spaceport still only had light traffic. A flock of birds took off suddenly as a Corellian Hawk swooped down after them, keeping them clear of the ships. Galen was more than a little bit surprised when he had found the Starsword he had borrowed from Double-Helix replaced with a brand new Star Sabre and a note. The note had only mentioned something about the need for the ship and how this one had a cockpit more suitable to a Kushiban's size. He wasn't sure who had done the swap, but one thing was for certain. Galen owed someone a drink.

For a long time Galen had studied that holocron and explored the ancient ruins. He now felt more secure in his Jedi beliefs. He had found the parts to make a lightsaber, but had yet to actually construct it. He was shocked when he checked the date after wandering. He couldn't believe how long he had been walkabout in the Tython wilderness.

Master Kitt is going to be pissed.

Galen chuckled at himself. He finished a preflight on his brand new Star Sabre. Soon enough he was up in the air. It handled like a dream, soaring through the clouds felt amazing. After an hour or so, he brought the fighter in for a landing.

It was a long walk to the Jedi Enclave. The path looked different due to new growth and the change of season. Of course, if it had looked exactly the same, he would have been more worried. For the first time in a week, Galen opened himself up to the Force. He had kept himself closed off for a time, partly to see how he would do without it, and partly for a change of pace after all the meditation, and soul searching he had done recently.

Slowly at first he lets the Force flow through him. Life is everywhere in a forest. It's like a drink of cool water to a a parched throat. Every part of him feels better. Energy moves along every surface of the forest, the insects below and the trees around feed their own small voices into a great symphony.

Up ahead and to his right he feels a strange surge in the Force. Curious Galen walks towards the source of the disturbance. There he saw something amazing. An incredible creature danced through the air. Galen knew how to fly, but to be able to litteraly stretch his wings and take to the sky, that would be forever beyond him. Instead this creature ((Trushaun)) effortlessly soared as if it were second nature to her. She then dropped to the ground and seemed to focus on a young tree. Galen watched as she meditated and he could have sworn that the tree grew taller. Absolutely brilliant.

He chastised himself for standing their gawking. He walked forward and politely cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but that was amazing."

GalenSig2copy.jpg

Kirlocca wasn't all that shocked when he felt something smash into the back of his leg. The more time he spent at the Jedi Temples, the more he got used to having younglings and small children in general bump into him when they run around and have fun. True, it wasn't the best moment for something like it to happen, seeing as a Trial was in progress, but it was a part of life. Turning around to see Xae, the Jedi Master smiled.

<< You've been out of Temple life for some time Xae, there is no need for an apology. These things tend to happen. >>

Truth of the matter is, Kirlocca enjoyed small interruptions. They help remind him that life is constantly moving, even when he isn't. That and to not be so up tight about things that are beyond his control. Both are hard lessons to learn if one doesn't want to.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but that was amazing."

Not breaking her trance, she motioned for the Force signature to come closer. Her eyes still closed. This was a kind and gentle signature. A Jedi. Like her. This was a brother. Still concentrating she managed to grow a small fruit from the tree. Trushaun then opened her eyes and looked over. Smiling, she plucked the fruit from the tree and offered it to the small, curious being.

"My name is Trushaun. I am Fosh." She smiled, her eyes connecting with the creature."

Trushauncopy3.png

Galen returned her gaze as he took the fruit, broke it in half along the stem, and tossed one half back to Trushaun. His fur briefly turned golden before returning to its normal color.

"Thank you."

"My name is Tieko; most people call me Galen... I am a Kushiban."

He marveled at the tree as he took a bite of the fruit. Surprisingly enough it tasted ripe. The starchy fruit held a surprising amount of tart juice. A year ago, Galen would have questioned the use of the Force to so radically change a plant in such a way. Now he had perspective. This skill would be needed later, which means training is necessary. Galen was much more at ease with the Force and its use now.

"So,"

The Kushiban asked in between bites.

"Who's your master?"

GalenSig2copy.jpg

Darla and Tares were deep in conversation, so Darex left them at it, giving them the time they needed to catch up. He wrapped an arm around Darla and kissed the crown of her hair, then gave her a squeeze and left. He felt Kitt's beckon through the Force, so he made his way through the heart of the Temple.

He saw several Jedi he recognized, and many that he didn't. The Order appeared to be thriving. That was good, especially now that there was peace. Darex sincerely hoped that the Jedi could return to being peacekeepers now that the war was over; they had lost themselves in battle for far too long.

The Council chamber was small and round. When the Jedi Master arrived, Kitt was already there. He greeted the grandmaster with a formal Jedi bow. "Good day, Grandmaster. How are you?"

FDY9u6P.png

Kitt could do nothing but stare blankly out the window, which didn't show much. He was partially lost in his own thoughts, and because of it, didn't hear Darex enter the room with him. While he wasn't startled, he was taken off guard. Turning himself around, he gave him a smile.

"I'm stressed."

Almost as soon as he said it, his shoulders fell and he let out a sigh. Slowly moving to take a seat in his chair, he allowed himself to stare at the ground as went to explain to Darex what exactly he meant by it.

"War for the galaxy is over, but I'm not sure we as Jedi will be able to move past ourselves. Some spent too many years as warriors and generals. A whole generation grown up to fight in the never ending battle, and now their skills.... our skills come to be worthless in these coming days. And adding on top of all of that, I'm not even sure if I'm ready to lead."

Lifting his head, he found Darex's eyes.

"I'm only twenty eight. I only became a Jedi Master less then a year ago. Who am I to try to lead this Order? One wrong choice and I can end up having this Order completely messed up for years!"

His eyes returned to the floor. It was an inner struggled that he had kept to himself for some time now, ever since he took the title of Grandmaster. But it was only a matter of time before it became too much for him to hold inside. Too many choices were already made, which piled up his thoughts on the matter.

"I believe that is why there is such a thing as the Jedi council."

He bowed as he entered the room, quite difference in appearance than he had been moments before. Sometimes a Jedi master just had to loo good when entering a room and a quick sonic shower had seen to that.

He looked around and seeing no one else having taken a seat too it as a cue to remain standing. As usual his lightsaber had been left behind to its own devices. Flashing a smile he greeted them both in turn.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

After receiving her orders, Adenna bowed and left the garden in silence. She knew that the ruins weren't extremely far away even on foot, but she had never felt the urge to explore them herself. She would need to get a map to its location and some supplies in case she had to spend the night.

A short time later, she hefted a backpack and began the journey to the ruins of the old Sanctuary. She had left her heavy robes behind and dressed only in the off white tunic. There was a lot of ground to cover so she set off at a light jog. She alternated between jogging and walking for the rest of the trip and ate on the move.

As it was getting dark, she saw the outline of an artificial structure peeking through the forest and picked up her pace. By the time she got there she was breathing heavily but was encouraged that she had finally reached her destination. Instead of immediately going in, Adenna sat down at the entrance and began a light meditation to calm herself and center her mind on the Force. She released the tensions from earlier in the day and focused on the task at hand. Though this mission was unclear and vague at best, she did know that she would have to be calm and centered to complete it.

She faintly felt the increased presence of the Force here. The entire planet pulsed with it, the forests more so but this place had seen a lot of powerful Force users live and meditate here. She didn't know if the structure itself was imbued with the Force or if it was placed here because of a natural focal point.

With one last deep breath, Adenna opened her eyes and stood up. The Sanctuary itself was stone, at last that was about all that survived. There may have been pieces of metal around, but stone was the main construction medium. She cautiously worked her way into the structure constantly keeping her eye out for unstable stones or any other threats. As it was growing rather dark, she pulled out a glowrod to help her see. She almost felt sorry that she hadn't come here during the day so she could see the ancient work better, but deep in the Sanctuary, there would be little light anyway since there was no electrical system of lights set up.

The ruins and the sensations coming from them were so enamoring that Adenna almost forgot why she had come. Though she had been around more than a few, she had no idea how this holocron would feel through the Force or even if it would have a presence at all. There were so many faint presences and anomalies here that she had trouble discerning them all. She would have to use her brain for this, but it could be anywhere. Now that she had a general idea of the layout, Adenna set out to begin more careful exploration so she could find this particular holocron.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Darex nodded. The title of grandmaster was surely a heavy burden to bear, especially for such a relatively young man. He himself had been a new Knight at that age, and he remembered well the confusion of that time. True, part of that had been the circumstances with Shy-Ree, but even still, he had been constantly doubting himself and his talents with the Force.

As Scorp came in and added his two credits, Darex nodded. "He's right. You don't need to do this on your own, and we won't let you make a mistake that would jeopardize the whole order." He paused for a moment. "And I think you need to trust the Order. Yes, there are many of us who have been touched by this war. Master Starlisk and Knight Cadan particularly, but many others as well. But battle is not the only thing we teach to our padawans. You need to have some faith in us, that we can adjust to peacetime."

He stroked his goatee. "If there are some that cannot, then that must be addressed. But I feel that if you give it time, you will see that the heart of the Jedi is not lost completely. We have largely forgotten it in the midst of all these years of fighting, but I believe it to be merely buried. Peace will be very good for the Order. A Jedi is more than just a soldier, and if the current members cannot see that, then the failing lies with us--for not teaching our students otherwise, and for not doing more to end this war sooner."

He sat down, having stayed standing throughout his speech. "Remember that you were chosen for this position by Master Darkfire. She would not have chosen one that she didn't believe was ready."

FDY9u6P.png