Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

"Just... getting a drink... Anyway, I would first like to quickly discuss my... compensation..."

Jareen turned, scowling.

"You drag me halfway across the planet for some reason you won't actually tell me, make me sit in the rain for fifteen minutes, and then come out all 'Oh hi...I was just getting a drink...can we talk money?'"

Jareen's patience was being tested. He didn't like that - normally he was a nice guy, but these random comms and their senders were kriffing him off. His voice was like Mandalorian iron, sharpened to a point that could carve ferrocrete like butter.

"Better idea. Tell me what I need to save my life from, tell me how to save it, and let me decide what it's worth to me. There are these people, see...they call themselves Jedi Knights and they spend their lives saving other people's for free. Great guys - scam artists like you should take a byte from their holofile."

Jareen's right hand rested at his hip, fingers playing at his belt, almost touching his DL-44. It was a promise, but by no means an immediate threat.

My Character Sheet

Really have to get a decent PhotoShop sig

Crosa saw how annoyed Jareen was, and reacted in the same manner, though tried not to show it. This kid needed to learn how the galaxy worked. People don't just give other people information unless they're really good friends, or they owe the other a favor. Crosa noted how Jareen was almost toying with his blaster. Bad news, for sure. Crosa raised his hands up as a sign submission.

"Now don't get all up tight. I assure you my intentions are strictly honorable--"

Crosa's hold out blaster popped into his hand before he could finish his sentence. Luckily he had caught Jareen off guard. It seemed that the kid had just played with the blaster for show, and had no intention of using the blaster, but Crosa stayed weary in case of any surprises.

"Now listen up, you need to lay down all your weapons and your comlink and walk quietly to my ship with me. If you mess anything up on the way, I swear to God I'll shoot you down right then and there in front of everyone. I don't want anyone to get hurt, so I think it's in the best interest of yourself and everyone else within a hundred yards that you be nice and subtle like. Got it? Oh, and I prefer to take my tips from those such as Sith's, so I'm afraid your out of luck."

Crosa waited for Jareen to start moving, being sure to keep a weary eye on the man.

((OOC: Nothing personal, just good business. You have two choices, you can go along with me or we can duel it out one on one. If you prefer the later, then consider this post number one.))

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

Holden slightly moved his body to look out at the planet, but there was no inspiration that came from it. He ended up turning his body back towards his dad.

"So...everyone can feel the force?"

Holden watched as his dad made a face that he did not recognize and then his dad spoke up to him. "...No...Only those who are gifted with enough midi-chlorians can feel and hear the will of the force."

Holden nodded his head, although he did not fully understand.

"...midi-colrans?..."

Holden kept the same face as before, while his dad changed his face again, this time to a searching looking. "Midi-chlorians are tiny things within your body, which connect you to the force. They are inside all living beings, but only few are gifted with enough of them to hear the will of the force."

Holden turned his head to look out the view port, where he was meet with the same less inspiring planet of Nar Shaddaa.

"...So what does all this mean?"

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Kitt's face went into shock as he pulled out of hyperspace to be staring down a menacing red and black painted Venator-class Star Destroyer. On both sides it held a white fiery looking claws. Kitt didn't need to see the writing on the underbelly or look at his scanners to tell him that he was looking at the Bloody Dragon. Kitt, being one who studied within Ara's archives, learned that Xuurlor, son of a Wookiee Jedi, was born without the ability to use the force, and because of it, hated Jedi. He went on the become a Pirate, hunting down Jedi for the fun of it. While records state that he had a son who was gifted with force abilities, they do no say who. Kitt, however, being one of the few who knows of Kirlocca's past, know that he was his child.

Kitt squirmed within his seat, not sure if coming after Kirlocca was worth it, especially if he had to go through Xuurlor to get him. A beep came from the console in front of him. Kitt looked down to see that his sensors had picked up another Jedi StarSword on the Bloody Dragon. Kitt reached out into the force trying to find Kirlocca through the force, but could not, since the Jedi master was hiding his presence.

Probably because of Xuurlor no doubt.

Kitt moved to access the StarSwords short range comlink tracker system, only to find Kirlocca's was coming from inside the Bloody Dragon. Kitt frowned at the thought of Kirlocca working with Xuurlor, but then again, with the Arach'tar, the Alliance could use the help no matter what form it came in. And with Kirlocca's battle meditation behind the Dragon, no Arach'tar ship would be able to last long.

Kitt opened a comlink to the Bloody Dragon, requesting permission to land on the vessel.

((All you WJ))

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

There comes a pat on Crosa's back, the hand of an Imperial soldier that had been seen only a week or two earlier. Another man, armed with a rifle and looking a bit bulkier than one would think he should; the trained eye would notice the tell tale signs of armor under his uniform. He had a bit of a five o'clock shadow, which was to be expected really. The Imperials stationed on this planet worked under Viktor and as long as they could shoot straight and lob a grenade, he didn't much care about the minor details like that.

”œGood evening, Crosa.”

Carnage.jpg

Kirlocca looked out the view port with his son Holden. Both stood there for a good two minutes before Kirlocca would even respond to him. Kirlocca went to respond to his son, but got a beep from his comlink. Kirlocca looked down at his comlink, as well as his son, only to find that his tracking code was activated. Kirlocca went to go turn it off, but he had a voice come through on the other end before he got the chance. "Sir, we have an incoming starfighter. It matched the same one that you came in on. The StarSword is also requesting permission to land on the Bloody Dragon."

Kirlocca frowned after hearing that information. He looked down at his son.

"It seems we both are about to find out what to do next."

Kirlocca responded to his droid officer at the bridge.

"Allow the StarSword to land. I will meet the Jedi in the hanger bay, but I want for you to keep your men out of there."

Kirlocca turned off the comlink before anyone else could respond to him. He looked down at his son and motioned for him to follow him to the hanger bay. Kirlocca and Holden made it into the hanger bay only seconds after the StarSword landed, and Kirlocca was given a surprise.

"...Kitt..."

Kitt's StarSword landed in the hanger bay of the Bloody Dragon only for Kitt to be amazed as he opened the hatch to be meet by Kirlocca and the three year old boy that was his adopted son, Holden.

"Kirlocca, the feeling is a bit mutual. You're not Xuurlor, but this is his ship. Why are you so welcomed on it?"

Kitt continued to move forward towards the two, not because he felt any danger from them, but because he needed to understand why Kirlocca was pulling himself from the force.

Kirlocca stepped in front of Holden to indicate to Kitt that he was not apart of any of what he was about to say.

"Xuurlor is dead Kitt. The Bloody Dragon is now mine."

Kirlocca watched as Kitt's eyebrow raised in clear speculation. Kirlocca knew that he wanted to know why Xuurlor was dead, and what part Kirlocca may or not have had in it. Kitt's stance also changed to one of contemplating. Kirlocca knew that he was pulling on the force to help him find answers. Kirlocca decided to ease Kitt's mind.

"When the Arach'tar hit Ilum, I helped lead the attack. Holden was placed on a transport to be taken to the new base on Gala, for he was left on Ilum not long ago. He was intercepted by Xuurlor halfway and taken prisoner. Xuurlor knew he was my weakness and used him as bait to kill of the last of his Jedi family. I arrived to meet the challenge, only afterwards to find that once a pirate captain is killed, the second in command takes the ship, or in his case, the champion."

Kirlocca looked back towards Holden, remembering to feelings he had felt that day.

"I didn't know what else to do, so I stayed with the ship."

KItt remained quiet while Kirlocca spilled out for him what happened, but deep within the force, Kitt could feel he was leaving something out. It was Kitt's strong gift that he had, the ability to know what's below the surface, following the currents and ripples.

"You didn't know what else to do? Kirlocca, Jedi don't keep possessions, something else kept you from returning back to the Jedi..."

Kitt reached out deeper into the force, trying to prob the wookiee's mind. Kitt could feel ripples from the force echoing off Kirlocca, but as they lead deeper, Kirlocca blocked them.

"...And now you block me."

Kitt walked forward to see if he could follow any type of currents from Holden.

Crosa took a glance at the imperial soldiers, then quickly looked back at Jareen.

"Don't move a muscle."

He looked back at the imperial scum who seemed either drunk or crazy. Crosa came to this conclusion because of the fact that they were both standing outside, and that there were absolutely no security camera's where the soldier was pointing. Also, he seemed to be leaning in thin air, as if he were resting against a table. The only reason Crosa took him partially serious was because of the white armored freaks standing around him. Crosa rolled his eyes.

"No problem here, chief. Just trying to fly low and avoid the radar.."

Crosa turned around and quickly shot Jareen on stun, immediately knocking him out cold.

"You see, this is Jareen Novarris, a wanted criminal. He has committed countless crimes. I'm with the psychology for youth association, which helps criminals under the age of 25, and I was hoping to turn this boy into an honest, hard working man with morals. Unfortunately, he was against the idea, so I had to stun him. You see, we have a theory at the PYA... but I guess you really don't want to hear all of that. Here, you probably need this more than I do, go buy yourself a drink."

Crosa handed the imperial enough to buy him quite a few drinks, and was considering taking some of it back, but refused the idea. If the soldier was more intelligent then he looked, he would move on and mind his own business. Crosa truly hoped so.

"So, if you don't mind, I'll be making my way to my ship now.."

Crosa smiled and started off, partly dragging partly carrying jareen with him.

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

As soon as the blast went off, Crosa just realized what a stupid move he had just made. He had hoped at least Imperials didn't play dirty or were at least to stupid to do so, but once again, Crosa's trust was misplaced. He turned over so that he was lying down, somewhat facing the imperial. A squishy sensation was spread over Crosa's burnt back as his role came to a stop.

Crap... Literally...

”œSee, wanted criminals don't go to some silly little youth ”˜ssociation. They get taken' in. Dat's the way it works. Thanks for the credits, though.”

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

((*yawn* It wasn't a one hit kill type thing, place the explosive in one post, blow it in the next. Hm, this is my third post.))

The commander took a few steps backwards. He was quite surprised that the stun blast had not only failed to stun the man, but hadn't even slowed him down. This one would have to be put down fast, or else he'd lose more than just the one man who had been stabbed with a vibroblade.

Glancing around, the commander spied a pipe broken off at the tip. It wasn't too large, in fact it was just right for what he required. Lifting up the pipe, the man clutched it tightly and stepped forward, bringing the weapon around and slamming it into Crosa's head as the other Storm Troopers distracted him. The sound of a skull cracking reverberated off of the surrounding walls.

”œFraggin' bounty hunters, need to get off the Empire's nuts.”

Carnage.jpg

Joooosh, Josh, Josh, remind me over IM to tell you how you could have easily not made the stun shot a closed attack and a bit more effective. I missed it specifically while skimming the post. It was basically a one hit stun, which isn't smiled upon. However, instead of coming to a Mod, Omega chose to continue on, ignoring for the most part the effects of the stun blast, which even though it wasn't the best course of action, two wrongs don't make a right. Dom continued the trend, THKing Crosa (Planting the microexplosive wouldn't count because the post itself contains no openly aggressive action, he would not have had a chance to respond to anything.)

Here's how I see it, considering. Crosa was only half affected by the stun blast, his weapons fire which was largely ignored took out three of the five troopers before what actually happened in Dom's post occurred, sans death...you survived, unconscious, but in bad condition, Dom's men don't know this, as they neglected to check you ("Leave the body").

So where Dom has the advantage of having Jareen, Crosa now has the advantage of being still alive and an unknown factor/element of surprise (Though doubtful you know where Jareen is unless you have a tracer on him from earlier).

Go.

And this time, play nice.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Crosa had thought he was dead. In the world of black, it's all you can assume. He couldn't see anything, nor could he feel anything. He felt a chill run down his back, and suddenly Crosa felt something he hadn't felt for a long time. Fear. Fear that he would never wake up from this terrible pit of blackness, fear of everything he left behind unfinished, and most of all, fear that he died failing. Everything in Crosa pushed towards whatever life was left, if there was any. He kept telling himself that he refused to go down as a failure. Finaly, the darkness began to subside, as if a soft candle had been lit. As the darkness retreated, the light became brighter, eventually becoming a white. It stayed like this for over a minute, until a shape started to take form.

Crosa blinked five times, trying to focus his eyes. His body was screaming with pain, and he tried to cry out, but nothing came out. But Crosa was alive, which was the important part. As his eyes took focus, he realized that it was a child standing in front of him. He was wide eyed, and had obviously seen what had gone on between Crosa and the Imperials. Crosa tried to sit up and look around, but the pain was too much. Crosa cleared his dry throat and tried again to speak. This time, a dry, raspy voice that Crosa barely recognized as his own came out.

"Are they gone?"

The boy nodded, his eyes quite wide.

"How far gone are they?"

The boy looked worried, but eventually responded that they had left only two minutes earlier, and both them and the boy assumed that Crosa was dead. Crosa spoke up again.

"Do you think you could find them and follow them?"

The boy nodded once again.

"I'll give you a hundred credits to follow them, and another hundred if you aren't seen. Make sure they don't follow you back here. Can you do that?"

The boy nodded a third time and rushed off towards where the imperials has left. Crosa was overloaded with joy and pain at the same time. He kept trying to sit up, but only succeeded his third try. He was lucky. Not only did the imperials fail to kill him, but they left him with his weapons. Crosa looked around and saw that he had killed two other troopers besides the one he had stabbed. Crosa took his small med pack he kept for emergencies and treated himself the best he could. He wasn't in any shape to fight, but that had never stopped him before. He stood up right as the boy returned, telling Crosa where the imperials went, and how to get there. He also stated that they had not seen him or followed him. Crosa studied the boy, making sure he was telling the truth. It wouldn't be unlike the imperials to pay the boy more than Crosa was paying him, but he could see that the boy was telling the truth. Crosa payed the boy and told him to go home. Crosa smiled as he started limping to his destination.

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

Kitt took a step backwards when Kirlocca stepped in front of him, activating his lightsaber. Kitt took only a second to take the situation in. Kitt pulled out his hilt, but not turning it on.

"Perhaps maybe you have already shown me why you really couldn't return."

Kitt looked from Holden to Kirlocca, slowly realizing what exactly Kirlocca had done, or thought he had done.

"You are showing me proof that the Jedi of old were right to hide the parents identity from the children. You have made Holden your possession, which has lead you down a path that you should never have walked down in the first place."

Kirlocca went from being protective to being contemplating. His thoughts went back to reflect on what Kitt just told him.

"Your mind betrays you, I revealed nothing more then what I have already said. You are following your thoughts through to conclusion."

Kirlocca lowered his blade, and took a step backwards, putting more distance between the two.

"The real question is, why have you searched me out?"

Kitt stood perfectly still for a second, not sure of what he should say or do.

"You can't feel why I have come? Perhaps maybe my mind betrayed me less then you think."

Kitt walked towards Kirlocca and Holden, making his intent a bit more known to the Jedi master.

"The situation is more clear then you know. You know why I am here, you were the one who pushed me away the first time. You know why I searched you out, other wise, you would not have allowed for me to land. And you certainly know that I know why you didn't come back."

Kitt stopped near inches in front of Kirlocca.

"All that remains is for you to tell me in your own words."

Kirlocca put his lightsaber away, but he never took his eyes off Kitt.

"Kitt, you are a resilient one."

Kirlocca picked up Holden, who was now at the Jedi masters side.

"Xuurlor took Holden, I had to get him back. While I did my best to fight him off fairly, I ended up killing him in cold blood. There was plenty of opportunities to take him alive. I failed as a Jedi in those moments, letting my feelings take over."

"And you are one full of contention, hence the reason you practice the contention form."

Kitt fully put his lightsaber hilt away with Kirlocca, making his final steps forward, till the two were near face to face with each other.

"You did not fail. You almost failed, but you did not. If you were to fully not return, cross your blade against mine, not own up to what you did, then you would have failed."

Kitt placed his hand on Holden's and moved his hair around.

"It is the failure of one who does not own up, it is the failure of another to not go after."

Kitt lowered his head and thought about the current state of the universe, but upon realizing his position, he raised his head back towards Kirlocca and his son, Holden.

"So then, how long have you known?"

Kirlocca let out a deep breath. He wasn't fully sure he was prepared to talk about it all with Kitt, but if he didn't, Kitt would be sure to find out some way or another.

"To tell you the truth, only recently. Probably as long as you've known. He kinda took me by surprise, that's why I pushed you out and set up a defense around him. I was scared to let him go off and become a Jedi, get killed with this war that stands at the feet of the order, threatening it daily."

Kirlocca looked at Holden, knowing full well what was going to happen now. Kitt and him would return to the Jedi. Kitt would make sure that he had nothing to do with training his son, and life would go on, just as it always has within the halls of the Jedi order.

"And that is why a Jedi should never get married, let alone have children."

Kitt got quiet as he thought about what he should do next. The problem wasn't so much as what to do with Holden or Kirlocca, but more, what should be done with the Bloody Dragon.

"We will head back to Gala. From there, we will place Holden with a training group until a master chooses him."

Kitt placed his hand on Kirlocca's shoulder and began to lead him towards the bridge.

"Also, once there, Starlisk can figure out what to do with the infamous pirate ship that preyed on Jedi ships in the unknown regions. It's more fitting for an Admiral of the Alliance to decide such matters then Jedi."

Kirlocca lowered his head. In all his years, he would never understand how Kitt had become so wise without really ever leaving the halls of the Jedi. He put Holden down and allowed for the boy to walk besides both of the two Jedi, to help him learn his place among Jedi masters.

"You also have to remember Kitt, Starlisk is also a Jedi. But I do understand and see where you were originally going with your thought."

Kirlocca looked down towards Holden. The boy seemed to be in a thoughtful mood. Kirlocca couldn't tell if his thoughts were on what him and Kitt were talking about, or what he had told him earlier. Either way, Kirlocca was just glad to see that the boy was learning to think for himself at his age.

Kitt did as Kirlocca did for a while and watched Holden think and ponder as they walked towards the bridge, but he later broke that silence.

"What will you do about the war going on? I mean, I know you have Holden to thin about, but you are a Jedi first, dad second. And at this point, we are going to need someone with your skills on the front lines."

Kitt allowed for his mind to temporally wander off to think about what he would even do, being as it is that his skills did not lie in battle. But it was foolish for him to think about such things, especially when his friend and fellow Jedi needed to get his priorities straight.

Kirlocca looked from Kitt to Holden, who was still off in his own little world, pondering on his thoughts. He allowed for his eyes to rest on Kitt.

"If the council wishes for me to be on the front lines, then I will go."

Kirlocca looked up. They were all on the bridge now. Off to the Kirlocca's left were two droids working on some system on the ship. Wile it was not important, Kirlocca found himself just staring at the pair.

• 3 months later...

Faust lands his ship under an assumed name and dissapears into the underbelly of Nar Shaada. Though he wears his familiar white trenchcoat and cortosis-Sith steel body armor, he uses a simple extension of the Dark side to drape himself. While not invisible by any means, he sets out an aura of whispering around him, casually directing passer-byes to ignore him.

His purpose for coming here was twofold. First, this territory fell between the cracks of the Sith/Imperial and Jedi/Rebel wars and was neutral ground as far as those parties were concerned. Second, this was still a seedy pit, awash in corruption and vice. This gave the Hunter the means to move about freely and set into motion a small plan he cooked up in the back of his mind. In the meantime, he had a Hunt to prepare.

As he sets a comm using a cybermental command to his ship, the Hunter locates his prey- a tall, unassuming human at about six and a half feet in height with long blond hair. The Hunter wanted his prey alive, and with a controlled effort, sneaks up behind his target and uses a controlled burst of Force lightning with the effect of a taser, dropping his target. Later, alone in a rented hotel room, Faust would begin mentally stripping his prey of everything he knew, absorbing the knowledge he wanted and leaving a few choice instructions. That done, he checks in to see if his current apprentice has left for Mustafar. He figure he would not be more than 2-3 days and would give his apprentice the time needed to get his materials before getting on with the training.

At present though, his hunt here would not be for life, but a for a person's soul.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

A message arrived for Faust from Aerec Blackwood.

Faust, Aerec began, first I'd like to say that I was and am shocked that you offered to train me, even with my Master along. I was shocked with honor and shocked with fear. But I'm just beginning my training. I've only picked up a lightsaber once, and I only have rudimentary skills in the Force. I'm not ready to take on your training. There are many that are horrified that I would even consider it. While I take the opinions of my friends into account, I gotta follow my own path. So, right now, I can't accept training under you. I'm not ready. Once I become a Jedi Knight, if I'm still this curious and your offer still stands, I will probably seek you out. But for now, I'm staying with my friends. Thanks for...y'know, not killing me on sight. Someday I hope to learn from you...just not today. May the Force be with you, too.

Faust was still busy preparing a body double from his victim, mentally draining the man in preparation for what he anticipated as a likely sell out to the rebel and Jedi high commands, when the comm came in from Aerec.

Faust red it and a flicker of visible anger lashed across his face, turning into a scowl as he contemplates his next move. There would be no padawan to train in the ways of being a hunter such as himself. A pity, made all the harder since that Jedi idealism would be burned all the harder into Aerec. Oh well, all the more fun to deconstruct later when he had the chance.

Contemplating what to do with his new mind strapped toy, Faust considers swift elimination, but decides against it, spending the remainder of the day turning him into an easily suggestable informant working for the Faust. Ostencibly, it would be for the Empire, and the Sith, but the Hunter had his own plans and wanted a tool dedicated to him. Setting his new man up with resoruces to carry out the task, Faust leaves Nar Shaada behind, vanishing into hyperspace.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.