The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

"Back to the Jedi," Onderin said, still not having a name for the kid he rescued.

He throttled the speeder up and blasted back towards the training grounds. The trip was short, but both of them enjoyed the speed and the mist from the speeder as it sweot low over the water.

As they reached land, Onderin turned to Draylo, "I guess I should probably take you to the council to see what they want to do with you. Unless you rather wouldn't?"

Onderin waited patiently, still uncertain of what to do immediately. He didn't want to intrude on the Jedi Council, especailly since they were possibly talking to his own Master about the Jedi Trials. But taking Draylo there was the only obvious choice, and the council would likely help him find somewhere to live or something to do.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Just as Armiena takes a deep breath and prepares to spit out her life story, she hears a faint whirring behind Ryoo. R5-D9 makes "eye contact" with her, charging up his stun ray.

"No, D9. No need to stun the intruder; he's a friendly." The R5 unit retracts his stun ray, whistles a short phrase, then rolls off to recharge. Armiena grits her teeth, and begins her "sob story."

"I'm Alderaanian, to start off. I am--was--the heir to a man who owned Draygo Transportation, a minor shipping company based off of Alderaan. My future... it was looking brighter than a nova. We were well liked, fairly well known, and I was the sort of daughter that Father would gladly bring with him to parties to show off to his friends. Sharp-tongued, and always ready for a challenge, but certainly a daughter any father could be proud of. Then the Death Star exploded that future. I was off-planet at the time, making a haul to Corellia."

She shudders, remembering the day she found out that her entire family was wiped out.

"Most... of us, we found ways to deal with our grief. Some of us joined the Rebellion. Like me. Despite the fact that I was still young--barely legally responsible for myself--and the fact I was already trained as a pilot, I joined the Rebellion as a ground trooper. It was shortly after Hoth, when the battle at Derra IV made things desperate for the Rebellion, so soldiers were in short supply." She pauses, and winces. "My behavior under fire was... most unlike an Alderaanian. I was commended for 'selfless bravery under fire'. Scared quite a few of my commanders with my 'ferocity in battle,'" she says, quoting from her own records.

"I found out that I was Force-sensitive after the Battle of Endor. During mop-up, I was with one of the boarding crews to take the disabled Imp Star Destroyers. I had the 'noble' duty of guarding prisoners. One of them, an officer, started shooting with a hold-out that I didn't find--Force knows where he was hiding it. One of the bolts came right at my face. It seemed to move so slowly, I reached up to shield my face with my left hand, and it... exploded, it seemed. Before I knew it, I was returning fire before I had a riot on my hands.

"I didn't know what that meant until I was telling the story to a couple of my fellow troopers. They looked at me in awe, and said 'Sithspit, you're a Jedi?' The more I thought about what they said, the more it made sense that the only explanation for how I took that shot was that I was force-sensitive."

"I resigned right away. Oh yes, the Rebellion didn't want to let me go, but in the end, my determination beat the Rebellion's. You see, the whole time I was fighting, I was fighting for the worst cause I can imagine--for revenge. I think," she gulps, "I think that if I knew of my Force-sensitivity, I would have fallen to the Dark Side. I would have become the very monster that I hated, and wanted to destroy.

"After some time, I set myself up as an independent merchant, and 'Returned' to Alderaan's Graveyard. The 'Return is an individual memorial ceremony," she adds for Ryoo's benefit. "I was a mess for weeks, but I thought I came to terms with my grief. I thought I was ready to move on." She shakes her head in desperation. "I'm still a mess, and that was almost a year ago. I'm not ready at all."

drayyy.png

Darsha will be away for the next 12 days. Anyone can post for her.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One item left.

The crystal, the core of the lightsaber's power, the soul of the blade.

They were usually kept in a chamber, being precious and all. Now.... what better place to hide a crystal than among other crystals. SHe sighed and shook her head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crystals were kept in a dimly lit chamber. The glitters from all the crystals gave off a light of their own and made the chamber like a treasure cave. There was a huge pile of Ilum and Adegan crystals, and Darsha was wondering which was her master's.

....Jedi usually choose their own crystals..... beffitting their own self...

Darsha tried harder to remember the chapter.

...personality... fighting style.......beliefs.......

"ARGH!" She was getting a headache.

Fake personality, Aldy observed.

What?

Create a fake personality similar to your masters. Easier than searching all the crystals for pink writing.

All right.

She steeled herself. Taking a deep breath, she concentrated on an airy, ethereal feeling associated with heights.

Felling a couple of crystals respond, she moved them out from the pile with the force, setting them into a separate pile.

His old light saber was orange..... She separated the orange ones from the rest.... and was still left with a sizeable pile.

Grinning, she concentrated on pink ink, and one crystal floated out from the rest.

Then frowning, she looked at the writing on the crystal and it said :

Haha, not this one, Darsha.

Crap.

The rest of the crystals were all identical.

He likes drinking..

A crystal floated infront of her, and grinning at the Well done in orange this time, she put it in her back and went to find her master.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

"But, of course you are! You got here didn't you? Trust me... you'll be fine. Now, I want you to take a moment to calm down, and then, I want you to go and mingle with the other hopefuls."

With that, Ryoo got up and headed off in the direction of his padawn...

-------

Once Ryoo reached the chamber that Darsha was in, he used the force to take the crystal out of her hands.

"Very good. Now, in truth, the only thing that you did for me was to get me my crystal. The rest is for you. I knew what you would be needing, because in reality, you were snesing your own force presence in those items. They had allready picked you. Yes. You guessed right. It is time to build your saber. I want you to concentrate, and do your best. This is what you will be known by for the rest of your life. Once you build the saber, we will go out and find you a crystal."

(SUPRISE)(when you do it... make it 2 good posts.)

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

Malak ended the conversation, and exited the room that he was in. He walked around the corner as the droid kept right behind him.

"47, there is no action in this place, they need to do something about that, don't you think?"

Well yes Master, they should, but it seems to me that they don't have as many knights as they should. The driod responded.

"But still, you at least think they would acknowledge that you are here, not just when you are doing something barge in and say come with me!"

I suppose you are correct Master.

"You suppose."

Suppose intends for you to think that you are right, but I am only acting like you are right, I for once have my own ideals.

"Whatever, let's go see some of the hopefuls, at least I can talk to someone other than you!"

As you wish.

Malak walked to the conference room, and waited for someone to talk to him, anyone.

hellokitty.jpg

Hale Akturus walks down a long corridor, with Airleas Lianahan at his side. The two Jedi move in silence, heading for the hangar as if it were a tomb riddled with the remains of lost loved ones. As the two Jedi near of the hangar's entrances, Akturus moves his hand to the side and uses the Force to open the gate before them ”“ the entrance slides open with a hiss. As the two Jedi enter, Akturus breaks the eerie silence.

"We'll head for Coruscant first. We'll gather information, and then make our move from there. The Force is with us, Airleas, we will not fail."

With that, Akturus heads over to his ship. It was an old ship, one not commonly seen in these dark days. The V-19 Torrent starfighter had been introduced during the Clone Wars, and was an assault fighter with exceptional speed and maneuverability - it would suit the needs of Hale Akturus quite well. With a smile, the Jedi Knight reaches within his cloak and produces a small black device. Akturus presses a button on the side of the device, and the assault fighter's canopy slides open; the Jedi Knight then climbs in. Settled in at the controls, Akturus reaches out with the Force and establishes a mental connection with his apprentice, Andon Colos. Akturus doesn't attempt to speak through the Force, but rather the Jedi Knight once again sends vivid images of the hangar to his apprentice.

While enjoying a conversation with Eli and Ish, the young apprentice felt another mind reach out and connect to his own. Once more instead of words and emotions vivid images were sent to his mind of a hangar filled with starships, more importantly and image of a red and white V-19 Torrent...Andon's V-19 Torrent. Standing to his feet he bowed his head to Ish and then to Eli.

"Sorry to leave so abrubtly, but duty calls. If you see Ashley or Jaina tell them I've got to go for a bit. It was a pleasure meeting you both" he said turning on his heel.

Swiftly he began walking away from the cafeteria, black cloack flowing behind him, as he made his way down a familiar corridor that would lead him to the hangar. His mind was running with different scenarios: training, a trip...a battle; it was all uncertain. Briskly walking he entered the hangar and spotted his Master climbing into the cockpit of a V-19 Torrent, with another directly across from him prepped for flight. Walking straight to the red and white V-19, Andon motioned with his hand and the canopy slid open as he jumped onto the nose of the fighter. Looking over to his Master, he called out to him.

"Where exactly are we heading, Master?"

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Ish gave a wave to Andon and turned back to Eli to see what she thought of his answer to her question. He could sense something within Eli that seemed distant, like she was not fully there on Manaan in spirit. He gave her and unconvinving look of ambiguity hoping that she would ask what was on his mind.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"We'll go wherever we must, my apprentice. We'll start with the Core, Coruscant to be exact. The Force will guide us from there."

Hale Akturus flashes a smile, and then hits a button to his right ”“ a moment after the Jedi Knight does, his V-19 Torrent starfighter's engines come to life with a roar. After a small salute to his apprentice, Akturus closes his fighter's canopy.

Mara woke up and found the note from Leo on the table. She hoped he would return soon, because the twins were due any day now, and she wanted him to be there when his boys were born. She decided to go and wander around, and see exactly what the jedi base looked like, and maybe meet some other jedi too. She headed out the door and down the hall, keeping her eyes peeled for anyone she knew, such as Orrick or Ryoo.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

OOC: Whew! That was a lot of reading!

IC: Darex came out of meditation. He felt like he had just woken up from a long nap, but was very refreshed. He felt more at peace, having connected himself with the living Force more deeply than he had ever done before. It seemed to him that new possibilities had opened themselves to him.

I may not have a master yet, he thought, but I can still grow more in tune to the Force and work on my battle skills. I can also hone in on the things I've already learned.

He walked to the mess hall, observing the cheerful party eating there. He grabbed some food and approached them.

"Hello," he said, smiling. "I don't think I've met all of you. I'm Darex Trevelian."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

With a smile and a look of fire in his eyes the Jedi Apprentice climbed into his own cockpit and after strapping himself in he pressed a button on the consule and the engines leapt to life with a deafening roar. Throwing a salute back to his Master Andon too closed his canopy and after a moment of waiting the two fighters rocketed out of the open hangar doors and pierced through the atmosphere as they blazed a path of glory into the lower reaches of space. After plugging the coordinates into the NavComp each pilot threw a lever back and the two ships winked out of existance as they entered Hyperspace. Destination: Coruscant

((To the Space thread))

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

After wandering around for a while and finding no one to talk to, Mara decided to head to the mess hall. She realised that she had not eaten in almost a day when her stomach growled so loudly that she was suprised it did not wake the dead, and when a little lower, one of the twins kicked a reminder of his own. When she got to the mess hall, she grabbed a plate of food, and sat down at one of the empty tables, looking around at the jedi gathered there. She thought to herself that it would be awfly nice to meet some of them, but she was to shy to approach them.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

((ooc: Really sorry that its taking me so long to post, life, and a crappy computer kindof got in the way.))

Eli was suprised to find Ish staring off into space and as she asked, "What's on your mind?" She sipped her coffee and tried to make her face seem open and attentive.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Ish brought his attention back to Eli. "Nothing really," he said in reply to Eli's question. "Things seem to go in spurts here. Thing went quite slow for a while back at the old academy on Hoth, and then quickly escalated into the battle. Then I came here where things slowed down again until I met Jaina." Ish took a gulp of his drink, and a couple of quick spoonfuls of food. "I think I'm just looking for consistency in the happenings of my life, and maybe even a way to forget about the battle. For some reason it haunts me."

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*Kirlocca made a sour face at the comment from Keiran.*

"Last I saw him, he picked up a padawan and began, and then beagn training."

*Kirlocca let the force flow through him and help him find Tares...*

"To be honest with you, I have no idea where he is. There are other council members still here if you need a council member."

*Kirlocca sat down and took a quick glance at Ryan. He knew it was good for his padawan to wait. He was learning patience. He then brought his full attenion back towards Keiran.*

Krathe landed his fighter on the watery planet of Manaan. Hopping out he walked to the temple before him and strode in.

I do believe this is where the Jedi are, is it not? Krathe looked around answering his own question. He could see Jedi and thier padawans doing lightsaber practices and other force training. Shall I be taught in the ways of the Jedi arts?

Keiran smiled and nodded, he had sensed the annoyance emitting from Kirlocca like a lightbulb.

"Thank you Master Kirlocca, I'll be on my way"

Keiran, knowing the value of respect, bowed and began walking out of the room. Before he left, he placed a hand on Ryan's shoulder and whispered in the padawan's ear.

"Good luck with the rest of your training"

Keiran then proceeded out of the room and walked to Onderin, who was standing beside a young boy whom Keiran had never seen before. Keiran stood in front of the pair and spoke.

"Onderin, I have decided that it is now time for your training to come to an end. I have shown you many planets and we've trained in many areas of the force. Now, it is time for you to take the trials. I ask of you to tell me any things you wish to learn further before your trial, and if you feel you are ready, then tell me where you would like your trial to occur."

siggggy5ko.jpg

A slightly awed silence follows as Ryoo's footsteps trail off Armiena's ship, to... wherever. The Jedi cut through all of her various worries... well, like a lightsaber through cheap flimsy.

R5-D9 trundles into the cockpit, and whistles a question.

"No, D9. I'm gonna be fine."

The astromech whistles a comment. Armiena chooses to ignore it.

What was it about a bit of flatbread that reminded her of some Alderaanian bistro that got her so upset? Whatever it was, lack of sleep probably was getting to her in strange ways.

She props her feet up on the control panels, looking first to make sure she doesn't land them on anything sensitive, and falls asleep almost immediately.

drayyy.png

Onderin looked at his Master with the hint of a smile in his eyes but not on his mouth. He thought for a moment.

"Master, your training has been quite thurough, and I know I must train myself for quite some time as a Jedi Knight before becoming a Master. I think between these two things I am ready for the trials that await me. As for the location...." there Onderin stopped. He wanted a place he had never been. Some place that was right for the kind of Knight he wanted to be.

He made up his mind after a few minutes, "Correllia. I have never been there, but have heard of it's many cities and fame."

He waited for a reply. He would finally become a Jedi Knight. He was almost sad that he would not have Keiran's watchfulness and guidence, but was excited to be moving on.

Edited by Guest

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Hearing no response as the group was deep in cheerful conversation, Darex shrugs and walks over to a nearby table, feeling only a little bit lonely.

All of my friends that I made on Hoth are pretty much gone training, he sighed. I really miss Skye right now. She always had something interesting to say and would always make me stop feeling sorry for myself.

At the same time, I don't regret her leaving with Master Tares, he thought as he ate in silence. I hope she's learning healing. I know she'll be wonderful at it.

Darex chewed quietly as he thought of Skye.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

After thanking the man that had retrieved him, Draylo wandered towards the mess hall. He took in his surroundings with trained eye, observing all the other Jedi eating and talking quietly amongst themselves. He noticed that none of them appeared to be as young as he was. At fifteen, he looked far older than he truly was. A small patch goatee decorated his chin, and his ropy muscles rippled under his tanned skin. A scar ran up along the right side of his head, leaving a line of snow-white hair along that side of his scalp. Wearing street clothes that his Wookiee friends on Agamar had provided him, he hardly fit in here, either. He sighed. It might be tough to make some friends here, but he would manage, eventually. He looked around for a prospective friend, and his eyes came to rest on an absolutely gorgeous blond woman. Her face was familiar, but he couldn't place it. Finally it clicked. Jaina Jade Skywalker. He had heard about her on the 'Net a few days ago. A 100,000 credit bounty was on her head. Wondering if she knew or not, he approached her, intent on giving her a heads-up.

Edited by Guest
Draylo_Khaar.jpg

BC sits in his council chair awaitng anyone with questions or concerns.

The Jedi have been dormant for far to long. We must start our return.

He spoke to himself as he began meditating.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Mara sees the young man (Darex) leave the table where he seemed to be being ignored. Having mothing else to do, she got up from the table she was at and wandered over to his table.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

jadedfin.jpg

Draylo nodded at the group, then he tok out a piece of paper from his pocket and scribbled on it. JJS. 100,00 credit bounty on your head. Keep your eyes open. Draylo. He then made his way around the ship, exploring in awe. As he passed a pair of massive double doors, he stopped and looked in. A massive Wookiee sat with his eyes closed in the middle of the floor. He knocked boldly on the door before entering. He looked around the room.

Excuse me, but do you know who is in charge here?

Draylo_Khaar.jpg