The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

**Neo began, using the force to aid his run into a faster run. As he began to come to a turning point, he started to say the first line.**

"There is no emotion; there is peace."

**He than started to come up onto the finish line for this lap. Breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth, he didn't even feel the slightest bit tired. So he kept running, and ended up to the first point where he said the first line. He spoke, the words coming out like they belonged there.**

"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge."

**Coming up on the second bend, he said another line, this one again was blurted out. Neo didn't understand, he knew the code, but he didn't think it would blurt out without him telling him to do it. Maybe this was fate.**

"There is no passion; there is serenity."

**Neo finally came to the last turn of this lap. He was as quiet as a rabbit, all you could here were the quiet pats of his shoes hitting the track, that and the code he re-phrased from memory.**

"There is no chaos; there is harmony."

**Neo came upon the end to his third lap and onto his forth. His body, functioning better than Neo thought. He really hadn't done much of this running in his life, or at least not to this magnitude. The only time he even got close to this was when he taught the horrid Sith hopefuls. Ending his forth lap he came to his fifth, and at the last curve his voice said loud and clear.**

"There is no death; there is the force."

**Neo stopped, and walked to his Master. He bowed again.**

tru7h.jpg

Calen looked to Neo, "Alright Sith, you appear to know the code. Did Sith Intelligence teach you that so you would 'know your enemy' better? You seem to be in shape, so it won't hurt for you to take an extra five laps. Ten laps running backwards, give me your speech on the code. Move it!"

"The Shadows will arise...."

"I taught myself that there are better things in life than just the Sith. I admire how you do your works, us Jedi, we are truly great."

**Neo said, starting to think of what he was going to say for his first line. He began thinking, than the words came off his lips.**

"There is peace, meaning you don't show other emotions such as anger, such as hate towards you enemies or your friends. You treat everyone like an equal."

**Feeling that he gave the answer that he thought correct. Ofcourse other people would say that their's was correct, it is, but Neo's was just worded differently. He began to recite the second line as he came to the end of lap two.**

"To my understanding, knowledge creates that familiarity between all of us. We all have something to contribute through knowledge, just like I have persented to the council members when I spoke to them. I contributed all that I knew for the better part of our order. This phrase also means that everyone has something to share, everyone knows something."

**He come to his seventh lap finally finishing his speech on knowledge. He know began on the short explanation of Serenity.**

"Serenity does not focus on the passion of hate, the passion in which most of us Jedi fall to. Serenity shows us the calmness of the force, it calms our mind down, and allows us to react on the things that show passion. Do you affect someone by looking at them, I do, and I know why. I sense what they are saying about me, either they think I'm good, or sterotype me. With serenity, that all goes away."

**He rounded the last turn, and spoke of the force.**

"The force is an ally, not to be triggered by anger, or by fate. It is used to defend us against... my old kind. It is used to protect us, it takes away the fear. It is not a killing weapon, that I know. You must only use it to hurt someone in a need-be case."

tru7h.jpg

Ish gave a snicker at Darexs' inteviewing of Skye. She glanced back at him which was enough to make him quite before he received another shot to the shoulder. He and Darex seemed like partners in crime; annoying Skye like they were. It was truely good to see her back, if ever for such a short time. Ish was also relieved to see Jaina back as he had once again gained hope that she could possibly be the one to train him.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

After getting lost in the Vigilance's corridors, Armiena finally picks up the smell of food and follows it to the mess hall. She passes a group of Jedi, all practically oozing with happiness.

She orders randomly again, and recieves a sort of meat stew with a side of bread. At least it looks better than that mush...

She approaches the group of Jedi all sitting together at the table, and pauses before setting down her tray.

"More new faces," she smiles slightly. "I'm Armiena Draygo, and very new here," she says before sliding in next to them.

drayyy.png

A message comes in from Hale Akturus on Coruscant. The message had been redirected though several networks, so following the message to Manaan would be nearly impossible.

"This is Hale Akturus. Myself, and a few others, are at the Last Call. We're looking for the coordinates of one of the Sith bases; any assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Camsie noticed the woman right before she envoloped Darex and Ish in a hug. A longing for something that he had long lost emerged in the pit of his stomach. A longing for freindship. Darex and Ish were obviously freinds with this 'Skye'.

Seeing the other woman approaching Camsie could have warned her that it might not be wise to interrupt such a joyous reunion. Shuffling uncomfortably the middle aged Caamasi took a sip of the drink in front of him. Beating back the urge to throw up, Camsie placed the drink back on the table.

Then the urge to throw up came back but twice as strong.

A tinge of green clearly seeable on Camsie's face he stood up and walked to the computers on the side, registered and then ran to the room he was assigned. Soon the peaceful, blue room was filled with the sound of a furred creature throwing up a days worth of food.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

It was a rare thing for a Caamasi to get a sickness of any kind. He could feel the soothing voices of the one named Skye being sent through the force though it was a very blurry awareness.

The niceness of the woman that he did not speak too at all astounded Camsie. Perhaps it was a jedi trait? Feeling the encouragement to rest. Camsie lay down on the hover couch in his room.

A hand went to his furry forehead as a headache came to him. This was why Caamasi never drank alchohol. Hang overs came much to quickly. Focusing his strength into recalling all the good memmni's in his possesion, Camsie fell into a peaceful sleep.

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

Again, Ben'a found himself in a strange place, again that strange man was looking at him, speaking as if light years away. Ben'a nodded curtly as the man looked him over, and spoke, his own voice echoing as if in a cave.

"Yes, I have. We are very nearly ready to leave. The Rebels are standing by as well..."

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

We must wait for the opportune moment. Fortunately, Bishop needs me in the preparation of the ceremony, so we have more time than I expected. I would suggest using this time to prepare your Jedi for battle. When I give the signal, use this code to infiltrate Arbra, as there will be imperial ships there.

MGw9G2u.jpg

Ben'a nodded again to the man before him He was right, of course, his own Padawan, as well as others, needed to prepare themselves for this mission. As the code was pushed into his mind as he dreamed, Ben'a awoke with a start, but this time, the headache was only slight, and swift in passing. With a softly whispered "thank you" to the stranger through the Force, Ben'a stood up and dressed, then left his room in search of his Padawan.

But as he walked the length of the Eternal Vigilance, he noticed that the comms were holding a message from one Hale Akturus

"This is Hale Akturus. Myself, and a few others, are at the Last Call. We're looking for the coordinates of one of the Sith bases; any assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Ben'a soon had his own reply entered and transmitted

--encrypted and piggybacked comm --

"There is an academy on Byss. Tread lightly though...Sith Masters may be about." A set of co-ordinates, provided by Neo, follows the spoken message.

At the same time, Ben'a checked for a response from Keiran...but there is none. Satisfied for the moment that he had done all he could here, Ben'a stood back up, and followed his Force-sense to rejoin his Padawan. Seeing that Nahstaa had finished constructing his own lightsaber, Ben'a's face broke into a toothy grin.

"An excellent job, Nahstaa. Most excellent indeed. Now, if you'll come with me, we must get you acquainted with using your weapon properly.."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Nodding softly to Malak, Jaina seized Ashley's hand and they began walking towards the mess hall. The message from Hale Akturus was in all the public comm systems, and as Jaina spotted it, she seized Ashley's hand.

"Sith search. Perfect."

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Jaina grinned widely.

"Well, I figure if I've got a bunch of Sith masters looking for me, better I confront them with a group of Jedi, rather than trying to sneak away by myself, if you get me."

A longing glance was thrown at the landing bay.

"You want to come with?"

53bzzl2.png

"Right."

Jaina stopped to fire off a quick comm to Ish...

- encrypted and piggybacked -

Ish - I'm going to the Last Call to meet up with Hale and Andon, who happen to be going on a Sith hunt. I'm taking Ashley. You're welcome to join us...

- end comm -

"You need to pick up anything before we head out?" she asked Ashley, turning away from the comm board.

53bzzl2.png

((OOC: What the heck are you doing, JJS?!?))

As Ben'a retrieved his own lightsaber from Nahstaa, he saw a pair of strangers casting longing looks toward the hanger bay. Peering into their minds with the Force, he could tell that they wished to go looking for the Sith. Though this was understandable, just running off like that was madness... The Knight walked up to the older of the two ((JJS))...

"Tell me, ma'am, where is it you are intending to go...?"

goodwoodsig.jpg

"Okay."

As they approached the Traitor's Hope, Ashley whistled low. "That's yours?"

"Yup," Jaina replied proudly. "Saved up for a long time to get that..."

A voice sounded behind her. "Excuse me, ma'am, where is it you are intending to go?"

Turning around, Jaina laid eyes upon a tall, youngish Jedi.

"The Last Call," she said quietly. "I have scores to settle with a few of the Sith Lords we may run into." Smiling a bit sarcastically, she nodded to him and began to turn towards her ship. "Join us there. I may catch up to Hale and Andon."

They boarded the ship, and Ashley taking the copilot's seat, Jaina the pilot's, they set off for Coruscant and the Last Call.

(OOC: Ah. Call me blind. Besides, I'm the younger one. Ashley's older. )

Edited by Guest

53bzzl2.png

Mara lead Orrick into hers and Leo's quarters.

"Are you hungry? I can fix you something to eat if you like."

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

"Your intelligence seems to be incheck, for a Sith that is. Before I set you free for the night, I have a present for you. Unlike traditional students, I've taken the liberty to assign you your own ranking system."

Calen let a smile creep up as he spoke, "As of now, your rank is parasite. With in time, you may find yourself climbing up the ladder of: filthy maggot, disgusting slug, bantha poodoo, and finally.... worthless piece of slag. Good night to you parasite...."

"The Shadows will arise...."

After getting his things prepared, Tares made his way out of the door where he saw Skye. With a smile, he motioned for her to join him as he make his way to the Rector where we awaited for the others. In his mind, he knew the path ahead would be a difficult one. Yet he also knew this mission would bring alot of hope to those who needed it.

Warming up the ship, he looked to his padawan, "Do you feel ready for this mission?"

tares.jpg

"Good night Master Calen." Neo said with a grin on his face. He went to the door, and exited down the hallwall and out to his ship. He pulled out the small twin bed that was nestled inside. Laying on it, Neo quickly fell to sleep.

tru7h.jpg

Ben'a sends a message through the Force to Nom Anorus.

"If you feel you are ready to come with us on this mission, by all means. We would be glad to have you with us..."

He then turns to his Padawan, Nahstaa.

"Are you ready to learn some lightsaber combat before we go?"

goodwoodsig.jpg

"Im more than ready master."

He was almost itching to take his new sabre out again, and swing it around, but he restrained himself. He must not rush blindly into such training as this, someone could be hurt easily...

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Ben'a nodded smartly as Nahstaa expressed his eagerness to begin his saber training. But, at the same time, he could sense that the Padawan was aware of the dangers in this, and that assured the Jedi. But sitll...

"I can feel your desire to learn, my friend. But you are right, we must exercise caution. Now, activate your lightsaber, and do as I do."

As Nahstaa did as he was instructed, Ben'a activated his own saber; the artificial crystal projecting a blade of deep emerald green. Stepping over to a position opposite his apprentice, he brought the saber into a midpoint defensive stance. Both hands grasped the saber, holding it about level to his belt.

"This is your standard neutral position, used when a Jedi is expecting an attack, but doesn't know what he's facing. It works equally well for deflecting blaster bolts and saber blows."

Ben'a then brought his saber up and over his right shoulder, so the blade pointed off to his left and down slightly

"This is the position for a more aggressive form of lightsaber combat. It is generally used by those who are much more familiar with the weapon. As such, we won't be using much of it."

Ben'a brought his saber back down to the neutral position, and then deactivated the weapon.

"Before we go any further, however, you need to learn how to connect to your lightsaber through the Force. It is through the Force that we are able to wield this weapon effectively; without this necessary connection, our sabers are little more then dangerous cutting tools.

"Wait here for a moment, while I go and get some things. While I'm gone, take some practise time with your lightsaber. Feel the Force flow through you as you swing the blade..."

Turning back on his heel, Ben'a went off to one of the equipment storage rooms, and picked up several objects, placing them in a large burlap bag. Looking around some more, he spied a couple more useful things, also placing them into the bag. Satisfied, Ben'a closed the sack up and began to walk back to where Nahstaa was at a leisurely pace.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Carefully, nahstaa ignited his lightsabre, and followed his master's instructions, standing in the stance his master showed him.

as his master left, nahstaa imagined the lightsabre was an extension of himself, and poured his awareness into it... as he swung it, it reacted as if it were an extra arm... he could swing it, and then stop it at a whim...

as his master came back, he deactivated it

((sorry, i cant seem to post too well at the moment... too much caffeine))

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.