Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

Mael paused after his outburst, feeling that he overstepped his authority. However, Keiran stepped back, giving the impression he didn't mind as of yet. There has to be a peaceful solution to this.

"As a gesture of goodwill, here are the coordinates to the Y-wing I ...um...borrowed, it is sitting idle in space. Know that my actions at the academy are to accomplish an outcome desirable to the Jedi interests."

Mael tossed a datapad with the spaceship coordinates to HJP. "I may not know the details of Keiran's past, but you should know I hate the Empire and the Sith and would not have wished to become his apprentice if he had shown qualities of either. Can bygones be bygones?"

michael_scott_gangmember.jpg

OOC: HJP didn't use the force, you took one of the Order's Starfighters, which we can track.

Dhan-Jaroe landed down and approached the group that was collecting on the snow filled planet.

"Can bygones be bygones?" Mael tried to reason.

"No... they cannot." Dhan-Jaroe walked closer to the group.

"Hou-Jo... deactivate the Jedi Starfighter please." He took off his robe and allowed it to float to the ground.

"Keiran Valoria, the man who I trained and respected with all my heart... the man that betrayed me and Ara-Lai on Coruscant... the man who broke my heart, my trust, and the Jedi way for his own personal advancement is now trying to pass on his dark ways to another. Now, you resort to insubourdination and disrespect towards Master Poleb. He has earned his position on the Jedi Council and he has authority over you. I did not train you like that. You learned this from the Sith, as you have also learned cowardice from them. The Jedi do not look for battle, and they sure as hell don't run away from it. And you will not run away from me. It ends here dark sider; take out your weapon."

Keiran smirked, extremely amused by the irony coming from DJK's mouth.

"How could you be so ignorant to your own words? You used to be smarter than this DJK; you used to be one who thought outside of the box, who understood the true meaning of the order. You say the order does not look for battle, however you stand before me, asking me to draw my weapon and fight. Where did I display any dark side characteristics? The only ones showing signs of being part of the dark side are the two of you."

Keiran turned towards the snowed over jedi starfighter that stood behind the group. He reached forward and touched its control panel through the force. He placed the ship on heavy duty lockdown; Nobody could move the ship without Keiran's retina, and with Keiran holding it firmly to the ground with the force, nobody would be able to levitate it off the ground. Keiran then turned back to DJK and HJP.

"Leave. Now. Continue your respective acts of tyranny in subtley corrupting the order towards the dark side."

siggggy5ko.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe had enough of this. He threw his arm in front of him and force pushed Keiran several meters back and into the snow.

"Ignorant? I have done my damnest to try and change the Jedi Order from within, correct it's structure and give it my insight, all you've done is criticize and got going when the going got tough. When did you display dark side characteristics? Cutting my hand off in an unprovoked attack for starters! Do not attempt to brain wash this padawan's mind into your own twisted point of view! You attacked me on Coruscant and called me a tyrant, with no reason, I was not a threat to you. Now that I am, you refuse to fight. Obi-Wan Kenobi sought out and attacked Darth Vader, did that make him an agent of the dark side? This goes beyond the bounderies of the Jedi and the Sith; YOU MADE THIS PERSONAL, and I will TAKE IT personally!"

He activated his lightsaber and walked towards Keiran.

"You will pay for your crimes, and I am the executioner" He held his lightsaber in front of him, the tip of the blade trained on his target.

Keiran smiled once more.

"You must be joking me; Ever since my return, I have not provoked you in any way. Yet you wish to kill me?"

Keiran stood, arms crossed, behind his padawan and stared DJK in the face.

"I will not fight you. However, are you jedi enough to walk away? I'm starting to have doubts. If you wish to still take me down, then my padawan will surely run back to the galaxy telling the story of how the 'righteous' jedi leaders, DJK and HJP, slaughtered a defenseless former colleague just because he would not do what they wanted. So really, I am the one in power here; you have no choice but to leave. NOW."

siggggy5ko.jpg

"No, not since your return, but is that enough to outweigh your prior sins? Attacking a former mentor for no reason other than for personal gain? Is it enough to overlook your blatant disregard and disrespect to myself, Master Poleb and the Jedi Order."

He looked down at Keiran. I do not know what it is that you are trying to accomplish, but it will not work.

"In the name of the Justice Department of the Jedi Order, you are under arrest. You can go quietly, or I can take you by force, the choice is yours."

Hou-Jo looked down on Keiran as Dhan-Jaroe was prepared to battle his old padawan. "Keiran, you still have much to learn. I have asked you to return to Coruscant, and I held my weapon ready to protect myself because I was prepared to defend myself from you, as you last known actions have proven you to be hostile against Jedi, and of turning to the Dark Side. You aided a Sith, Jareth, a person who had sought to do me harm and had me killed. Do you really think we can trust you after what you did?"

Hou-Jo closed his eyes and extended himself through the Force, drawing in it's energy to himself. He focused his attention on the Jedi Starfighter and began to fight against Keiran's hold. Their was rumbling to be heard as the fighter slowly lifted off of the ground. He lifted his hand up and moved it to the side, and the fighter flew over several yards, crashing into the snow.

He opened his eyes again. "Keiran, you have become arrogant indeed if you think you can overpower a Jedi Master. Come back to Coruscant while you still can."

Keiran fought HJP's feeble attempts at steering the jedi starfighter, he brought the fighter down to a safe landing, tricking HJP into thinking it had crashed.

"I am not looking for your trust. I have established that many times over. You will leave this planet now."

siggggy5ko.jpg

"Very jedi of you. You know as well as I do that you cannot arrest me without hurting me. I will not defend myself. I will not make an attempt at attacking you. So the only choices you have are to 1: Leave or 2: Attack me in an attempt to arrest me, and destroying the jedi order in the process. The galaxy will forever condemn all jedi. You are stepping way out of line by confronting me. Now leave"

siggggy5ko.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe laughs at him, and puts binders on Keiran's wrists.

"Now, the only choices you have are 1: Go to Coruscant or 2: Resist arrest, an action that will give me grounds to use force. And I'll tell you what stepping out of line is: stepping out of line is disregarding the Council and calling myself and Ara terrorists. You have your choices, now make one."

Hou-Jo laughed on the inside as Keiran thought that he could challenge Hou-Jo in pure strength. He had enough of that. He reached out through the Force and tore the Jedi Starfighter apart, piece by piece. The debris then began to spin in a cyclone, pulling up snow from the ground, and channeling the wind. It traveled up high into the air, and clouds began to form above the collected party. Soon, Hou-Jo tossed away the remaining parts and flung them through the air, but the winds and the collection of clouds continued without Hou-Jo's influence, he had begun the cycle of a snow storm.

He listened to what Keiran had to say to Dhan-Jaroe, "You haven't changed a bit Keiran. You are still the rogue evildoer you were when you left. Stand down before you makes things worse for yourself. Is that so hard!?"

OOC: This is such bullcrap...Shoddy RPing...

IC: Mael backpeddled, then turned and jumped into his Jedi Starfighter. He saw the Jedi laughing at him running away, but ignored it. Engaging the starfighter, he hovered for a second and punched in coordinates to the Y-Wing. Blasting off in altitude, Mael swung back low, and blasted the 2 Jedi's starfighter's apart, and quickly blasted off so they could not counter attack.

Mael opened the cockpit, and leaped out, using the Force to pull Keiran's lightsaber from his belt. He swung down, and cut the binders off of Keiran, and then took his side beside his Master. He used the Force to place his saber back on Keiran's belt. Over a ridge a fireball arose from the crashed starfighter.

There were now no starships, and Keiran was free of his binders.

"As you can see, I don't think anyone will be arrested today. You say Obi-Wan went to kill Vader? If you believe that, you are a fool as anyone knows he went to confront him, and he did not initiate the attack as you are trying to do. For this you have lost your starships, I suggest using reason before you lose something else."

michael_scott_gangmember.jpg

((I agree, this is disgusting RPing. I've had enough of it. If yoda struggled levitating a ship in ESB, you sure as hell cannot tear one apart piece by piece, nice try though.))

Keiran grinned at the foolishness of HJP and DJK.

"It appears my padawan has outsmarted us all. I, have the character traits to know that my padawan just performed an action that I did not think of. I'm not so egotistical, as you are, to deny the boy's genius."

Keiran turned to Mael and showed the boy his open palm. Keiran reached forward and shoved the young man straight back at the starfighter he had emerged from. Keiran levitated the young man into the rear copilot seat of the starfighter. Keiran sprinted after him, leaping up into the air and landing in the cockpit seat of the fighter.

"Fools to the end."

Keiran closed the cockpit and initiated the boosters of the ship, sending the pair into space.

Keiran launched the ship into hyperspace, leaving HJP and DJK stranded on Hoth. Maybe the two would learn some humility when they would be forced to comm the temple in request of a pickup.

"I'd love to know how they try to explain how they lost both their ships and stranded themselves."

siggggy5ko.jpg

*Deep in the recesses of the arctic a heat capsule activated. Within an ice cave a red glow slowly expanded causing a steady steam to leak out with a wave of melted ice.*

Then a blinding whiteness erupted illuminating the entire cavern. The blinding light dissolved a black human silhouette became visible.

*An hour later a visibly chilled man walked out of the frozen wastes with the bare basics of winterized gear.*

Half-Thinker, All Dreamer

I have to say before a referal from one of the RPers here, I read this thread and did not feel compelled to make a ruling. However, having been summoned to rule on Mael's actions, this is my official decision: Bad RPing should not be conduscive to further bad RPing. Such as it is though, the situation lends itself a certain natural justice. Ergo BOTH posts where the ships were destroyed- HJP's AND Mael's, stand.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

DJK's comm link notified him that Zane was on the line for him.

"Curious choice for summer retreat, Master."

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

Zane landed not too far from the group of Masters and one padawan and exited. "Consider it done Master," he grinned, "my ship is open for you as always." Once all were inside and the towing (OOC: Cables seems a tad low-tech but not sure about tractor beams) situation set up, they left the planet's wintery surface behind.

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

I have to say before a referal from one of the RPers here, I read this thread and did not feel compelled to make a ruling. However, having been summoned to rule on Mael's actions, this is my official decision: Bad RPing should not be conduscive to further bad RPing. Such as it is though, the situation lends itself a certain natural justice. Ergo BOTH posts where the ships were destroyed- HJP's AND Mael's, stand.

I agree, however according to HJP, Keiran's coordinates were logged as he had a starfighter... The quick destruction of Keiran's ship in such a quick fashion led to the shady RPing by Mael. In all honesty Mael's post was bull a padawan cannot posses the skills to do what he did.

This is another one of those situation that could easily be avoided if people would just RP together instead of taking things personally. Learn to get along and RP instead of worrying about who is the bigger baddass.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Swooping down low overhead, parting through the frigid tundra of Hoth, came Malin in his Atropos. Stepping into the background for the time being as nominal head of the academy, Malin quietly left to preform other duties that slipped by the attention of most of the galactic public. Though no mere policeman, he still executed acts of justice in accordance with his duties as a blademaster, and also did his duties as a Jedi of the order.

Such as it is, he was passing into the outer rim, when a feeling gripped him. Slowing his ship down, he meditated on the matter, gaining a vision of a field of white. He knew it as soon as he saw it.

Hoth...

The Atropos' coordinates shift and he takes off in a slightly new direction.

Another vision tingles through his senses, cryptic and one that's bothered him for some time. It was a butterfly cacoon, though made of iron and encased in darkness. A lightsaber was deposited on the ground, perhaps to aid one in need? Not disturbing, but a portent of growth and change. He would be needed back at the academy soon, for something important.

Drawing onto the frozen sphere, Malin brings his ship in low. A certitude grips him as he passes the whirling gale on the planet, the Force leading him on.

Behind his masked face, a smile creeps on as he recognizes something through his glowing red eye-visor.

Landing it, Malin sends out a thought in a calm, dry fashion, confident how things will turn out for the best.

Master Poleb, do you need a lift back to Coruscant?

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Hou-Jo smiled as he saw Malin approach him, "Ah, Master Kyrell, good to see you again. You're probably wondering how I got stranded here on Hoth." He looked out into the snow. "I came to bring Keiran back to justice. He has surfaced again. He's adding on to his wrongdoings. Not only is he just facing treason, but now he's facing heresy. I came to bring him back to Coruscant, but his padawan destroyed mine and Dhan-Jaroe's ships. Dhan-Jaroe's apprentice came to retrieve us, but I decided to stay here and reflect on what had happened."

The clouds cleared from the sky and Hou-Jo stepped into the backseat of Malin's ship, "I tried to make a storm to trap Keiran, but he escaped before it developed. I--" Hou-Jo came to realize that the backseat of Malin's ship was incredibly small and cramped. He sighed, "Oh well; beggers can't be choosers. Let's get off this ice planet, shall we? We can talk on Coruscant; it's freezing here."

Malin's ship lifted off the surface of Hoth and proceeded to return to the Jedi Temple.

((Edit, sorry, wrong alias. This is Hou-Jo, btw. I'll put in my sig for appearence's sake.))

hjp8.jpg

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

• 1 month later...

Horus took the controls of the ship. He had qualified as an expert with all Corellian type ships, and this had the simplest controls of the lot. The nearest planet was Hoth; looking to his master, who nodded, Horus pulled the ship out of hyperspace. It was an easy task, simply flying on a tangent with the atmosphere and then nosing down.

It was entirely white, almost blindingly so. Snowdrifts the size of AT-ATs gave way to craggy peakes, and no signs of any civilization. This planet was simply too cold for anything to develop. That's why the rebels holed up here. And there's the Ion cannon that disabled an ISD when the Imperials found out.

He put the big HT down in the cavernous hanger near the destroyed sheild generator.

"Master -" He waited for further instruction.

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Pizza is a reflection of all things good...like kittens; and meatballs.

Refrain from the Time Warp

"Thank you master." Horus said as he watched the Twi'Lek enter a room. Picking one to his right, he entered, delighting in its Spartan decor. He donned the heavy winter gear required for the climate and his body changed its internal temperature. 92.7 degrees ferinheit, perfect. He leaped upon the top bunk, and without meaning to, manipulated the force. He hit the wall and bounced onto the ground, winded.

Horus stood, breathing deeply through his nose, until he could breathe normally again. He unsheathed his sword, and removed the simple grinding stone from its slot in the scabbard. The edge razor sharp after almost an hour of sharpening, polishing, and sharpening again, he was finished. The sword replaced, Horus extricated his pistol. Dissasembling it with practiced position, the ex-commando thoroughly cleaned and reassembled the weapon. After all of this, he meditated atop his bunk, until his exhausted frame dropped into sleep bordering on unconciousness.

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Raziel woke up, shortly before dawn. He took in a breath of the icy air, it felt good compared to the air on coruscant. He stood up and popped his neck and stretched a bit. He went through his morning routine. He practiced with his saber for a brief while before meditating. Once finished he went to wake up Horus for breakfast.

Raziel spoke through the man's door as to not invade his privacy. ”œIt's time to get up. We need to begin shortly.”

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

"Its time to get up. We need to begin shortly."

At the call of his master, Horus slipped out of bed. Landing on his toes, he walked over to his bag. Horus donned his normal clothes, and upon further consideration, he slipped a heavy coat and pants on in lieu of robes. Next came boots, with his pants bloused in at the knee. Finally his belt, with the scabbard and holstered pistol.

His room was at the beginning of a long hallway, which was pockmarked with little blast holes and other such signs of damage. He pulled an MRE and munched on the contents. The air here was fresh and cold, which was more to his liking. His master was in the hangar bay infront of him, waiting.

"Good morning master."

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

"Good morning to you too."

Raziel smiled warmly, despite the freezing temperature around them. It was amazing that any planet could be as cold as this one. But, the force could be used to resist such things. Raziel quietly ate his meal, in nothing more then robes.

”œHoth is the coldest place in the universe, but that can be over come to an extent. Inside this base the temperature is higher then outside of course, Still cold enough in here to be frozen to death though. If you allow the force to flow through you and consume you it will keep you warm enough to brave the freezing cold in here and help you if you were ever stuck in a situation as such.”

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

"Yes sir."

Having seen it demonstrated, Horus knew what he had to do. The force was truly an amazing gift. He concentrated on his own body temperature, which was currently hovering at about 92.7 degrees farenheit, and focused on increasing it. His internal temperature skyrocketed; Convulsing rapidly, he shot to 137 degrees. Horus fumbled with one of the pockets on his belt, and upon pulling a syrette from it, he stabbed himself in the leg. The convulsions stopped almost immediately, and his temperature returned to its normal level.

"Maybe its better to do it without the jacket." He removed the coat, and tried it again. His temperature remained normal this time, and he found he could survive without the coat and pants.

"Thank you master. This will no doubt prove usefull in the future."

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg