Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

Talon nodded. A name... Hadn't really thought of a name... He paused for several moments, thinking of an appropriate name. The answer seemed quite simple when found:

"Darksaber Squadron. We'll be called Darksaber Squadron." Talon's commanding officer nodded. "I'll begin recruitment at once."

Talon turned and walked down one of the halls, to his quarters. Although nothing close to luxurious, he had the room to himself, which was better than most of the troops who shared bunks. As he entered, he activated his droid, which had been powering up in the back corner.

"Zee, pull up a personel roster of graduates from the most recent class from basic training. Highlight any with outstanding performances in specific areas. Not just pilots, but high flying marks are a definite plus."

A long list of names began to scroll across Talon's computer screen. As Zee did his work, Talon smiled and said aloud jokingly.

"Captain's Log 1. Darksaber Squadron initiated."

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Warren knocks on Talons door and walks in.

"Talon, I have a few pilots you could put in your squadron. They scored very high on the tests I gave them, but my other pilots beat them out. And also, if you ever need me for a mission. I will make myself available."

He hands the list of pilots to Talon before walking out.

He walks backto his own pilots and tells them there is a simulator package waiting for them whenthey get there. He heads to the control room and installs it. It was a basic package so they could work on basic skills. He starts up a programto add up kills and to team them up in random pairs to work on wingman drills with. The computer would do this with scores.

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.

*Flash nodded*

"Hmmm... We don't have a scout in the alliance yet... you can prove quite useful... At the moment we don't have much going on as we have a base being built on Naboo and I'm here just caretaking... I may start a simulation for all of us soon but many of the pilots are off dealing with their own affairs. How about you go around the base and meet the troops?"

flash.jpg

Warren hits a button on the console and has the computer record the wings progress, errors, kills, precentage of shots fired to precentage of shots hit, and many other things. He heads out to the garage to to do something special. When he gets there he finds everything he needs. A broken R2 unit, with parts scattered everywhere. There are also lots of program he could put into the droid.

the fighter pilot sets to work building the droid he would need to lead his wing into battle.

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.

After meeting a few soldiers, Kaleb went searching for the tauntauns. I might as well get busy while I'm waiting. After asking around, he finally found them. Not one was missing. Stang, they really don't have any scouts! he thought to himself as he suited up and mounted the closest tauntaun. He galloped out of the hangar and began a check on areas beyond the base's sensor range.

Kaleb_Desota.jpg

Rinnian soared over the frozen plains, heading for the base. Along the way, he passed a lone rider on a tauntaun.

Hmm...we've never sent scouts out before...huh, must be a new guy.

He set his ship down in the hangar and headed for Flash's office.

Kaleb pulled to a halt on top of a large hill. He pulled out his electrobinoculars and scanned the horizon. Seeing nothing, he tucked them away inside his coat. He turned around to head back for the base. When he reached the entrance to the hangar, he returned the tauntaun to its stable and headed back to his ship to get some sleep.

Kaleb_Desota.jpg

*As Flash watched Kaleb leave, he returned to his office and logged onto the computer. After doing some research, Flash called Rinnian down to his office. After he arrived, Flash began*

"It's been a while since we've done any real activity so I've done research and I've outlined a mission for you to lead. You shall pick anybody you wish to go with you on this mission. I want you and your team to land secretly on Coruscant ((Use the Upper Levels of Coruscant Thread)) and locate the Grand Imperial Hotel. I then want you to sneak into the basement, plant the neccesary explosives and evacuate the area. Your ultimate goal is to demoralize the population of Coruscant with minimal combat. Since it IS the Grand Imperial Hotel, there shall probably be stormtroopers within range to react to our terrorist attack. I wish all of you to travel together, but in your own seperate fighters. Remember, the ultimate goal is to demoralize the population and remind everybody that the Galactic Alliance isn't a simple rebellion anymore. With the destruction of such a high-class building, the upper level population will surely become jittery and the imperials shall have to step up security to keep order. On your way out I want you to all double check that you have no tracking devices attached on your respective ships then I want you to jump to Bespin then return here to Hoth incase you are persued. If you have any questions then ask me now, I wish your team to consist of less than 10 members and that this go over smoothly, without a hitch."

flash.jpg

Talon awoke several hours later. Zee was still running names, but a pretty good list had already come up. Several caught his attention. After he got out of the refresher and got dressed, he asked Zee to upload the finished list to his datapad, which he carried around in one of his many pockets. This would make it easy to review the names later. As soon as he was dressed and ready, he decided to go get a bite to eat...

Character Sheet

Rinnian went straight to find Talon and Warren. They were the best options right now. When he got them together in the hangar, he relayed what Flash had told him.

So how bout it boys? You up to it?

"Im up for it, how about you Jedi."

Warren says eyeing the Jedi with a challenge.

Talon was startled when Rinnian suddenly took him to the hangar, requesting his help on a mission. But Rinnian was one of the names on that list Zee had made up. If nothing more, this could be a good opportunity to see how he performed in a real combat situation. Plus, Talon needed some action. The last actual battle he had seen was Dagobah, where he had been grounded and stranded in a cave. Luckily on Coruscant, there were no caves. After summoning his droid Zee, and his battle supplies, Talon was ready to head out.

Character Sheet

Rinnian grinned.

Great! I'll meet you in orbit, then.

After loading his supplies, including the es from Flash, he hopped into the ship and roared out of the hangar.

Warren leaves his droid half finished and grasba bunch of blasters, grenades and detonators. He loads them into the supply hold of his X-Wing and takes off for space.

*Before Talon could take off, Flash met him in the hangar*

"As Rinnian is our new Special Ops Commander I gave him overall command of this mission. I know you are the most experienced out of all of us, me included, so I ask that you watch over things and make sure nothing wrong happens. If Rinnian does make a mistake please help him, your experience on this mission is key and having you on Coruscant will relieve me greatly of my worry for this mission. Good luck."

flash.jpg

Talon nodded. In the blink of an eye, Talon was sitting behind the controls of his assualt shuttle. It felt good to be back in his ship. Once Zee was secured in his plug, he took off and left the cold, icy planet of Hoth behind.

Character Sheet

Kaleb was awakened by the the sound of other ships taking off around his in the hangar. He descended the boarding ramp and stepped out into the hangar in time to see an assault shuttle, a T-fighter, and an X-wing vanish from sight out the bay door. He went over to speak with Flash. He stopped in the doorway of the admiral's office.

Kaleb Desota, reporting for duty, sir. What's all the commotion about?

Kaleb_Desota.jpg

"Talon, Rinnian and Warren have left to perform an attack on Coruscant, unfortunately you were too late for Rinnian to take along. Sorry that things are so slow right now, we're building a base on Naboo right now so most resources are being diverted to there, that means limited numbers of missions. In the meantime though, I have a message to deliver to Coruscant, so if you'll excuse me..."

*Flash programmed his computer to send a heavily encoded, untraceable direct comm to Rinnian, Talon and Warren..*

"Well, that's that. So, Kaleb, what kind of missions would you like to complete for the alliance?"

flash.jpg

The young hotshot approached the base with his usual arrogance. The Rodian, hardly the one to be an idealist fighter in the vaunted fight for freedom, was a rare exception. Born in the realm of Rodia, but residing in vessels since birth, learning to pilot small time vessels before he was capable of spouting his first words. The youthful spirit, inherited from his father, an adventurer and excellent pilot, until his untimely death at the hands of Imperial raiders only convinced the young amateur to aid the Rebel war effort, even if his mother disagreed.

So running from home, hopping transport vessels to get here... The green-skin landed on the icy world of Hoth reporting for duty.

In near-perfect Basic, "Hello... I seek to your join amidst your ranks. They call me Seraphim, sir."

This is an alias.

The young Rodian followed the Commander's eyes as they overlooked him and nodded upon his completion of the visual inspection. The small-statured Rodian, started again,

"Well, I seek to join your Y-wing division, as a Pilot of the Rebel workhorse. Perhaps, some day even lead a squadron of your Y-wings, but that is for time to tell."

He hated having his fate in someone else's hands, but that was the difference between being a pilot for small-time vessels and a smuggler and being a member of a more sophisticated military order.

This is an alias.

((OOC: An alias in both the alliance and the empire eh? ))

"Well, as a matter of fact, a jedi-squad leader of ours, Talon Flick, is creating a new elite squadron, Darksaber Squadron. Darksaber squadron is a special squadron because it isn't a fly-only squadron, they are the alliance's special commandos who will either fly in the air or fight on the ground, whatever the situation may be. If you would like to join them then they have a slot open, otherwise, if you wish to just stick in the air then that is fine too."

flash.jpg