Naboo

RaveN

The idea of slipping through your defenses amused me. Besides, your window is still intact. Regardless, I came for the man that came to you, the Force brought me to him. That and I was curious if you were doing anythign useful out here. Our talents are rare, even by Sith standards, and must not be squandered on idle lives and opulence.

MGw9G2u.jpg

Dominique raised her eyebrow at him. The fact her defenses had been pierced the first night she put them up was a bit disturbing, even if it was by this one. It was the final problem, she would not be able to stay at this residence to much longer. She simply stood up straight and motioned for Dagon to follow. She would inform him along the way of what he wished to know. The pale moon light shone through the large windows as they pair moved through the hallways. . .

"I assure you, I am not wasting away any of my time. Between training an apprentice and various other things I've been working on my command of the elements, developing the more subtle uses of them before attempting the vulgar. I've recently discovered an ancient power that has roots here upon Naboo, but I must work on it a bit more before it is truly of use. Those Dark ones that are possessing my Golems are from the realm I've ventured into."

She paused at the door to Pravus's room and turned to face Dagon, her right hand still holding the Silk sheet tight on her form. She let out a sigh before speaking again..

"This is his room..I must tend to my own apprentice, so I will leave you to speak with him. When I've worked the kinks out of the ability I've been working on, I will update you. Until then.."

She turned and moved down the hall, towards Malyss's room. Without knocking she entered, gliding over the floor like a Specter of the night.She paused at the foot of the bed, looking down upon the woman. She nudged her sleeping mind with the force just enough to cause her to stir. Dominique's face lacked any true form, shrouded in shadows as she spoke..

"Get up. Get Ready, we depart shortly.."

Without waiting for a response, she moved closet and pulled out two robes, tossing one to Malyss before letting her silk sheet drop and slipping into her own. Already impatient she turned to Malyss, awaiting her rising and joining her in out front so they could escape this wretched place.

Carnage.jpg

The blood that leaked from his system was minor but enough for Hartel to realize he was taking this battle a bit too lightly. His opponent was cunning and Hartel was clearly underestimating his ability. Thus was not a mistake the Mandalorian made often and would soon rectify. John had little time to examine his wound and thus disregarded it entirely. Vibrosword in hand the Mandalorian royal moved against his opponent at a pace he didn't know he was capable of reaching. This was still going to be his battle. It was his deserved win and this Kratos would not be able to stop him for nothing has ever stopped the Mandalorian. His path to the Sith was set in stone and this adversary was but a small bump in the road. Hartel rushed toward Kratos at an impeccable speed his cape flowing in the gust created by John's running the familiar whip of cloth in the air was easily heard.

Hartel felt the adrenaline flow through him, creating extra strength, speed, and flexibility John did not know was possible to attain. He wanted revenge against Kratos. He wanted to see this flake be butchered by his blade a mass of blood lying before him before he would feast upon the cut up remains of his adversary. John started to salivate at the very thought and was forced to lick his lips. Kratos would indeed be a delicious feed for him. His dark hair was flowing in the wind and his green eyes piercing his opponent with an intensity not seen most often by any person who encountered the Lord of the Mandalorians. This would be the last iris Kratos would ever get a chance to see and the Mandalorian was prepared to give him an eyeful.

Kote!

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.

Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.

Bal kote, darasuum kote,

Jorso'ran kando a tome.

Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.

Aruetyc runi solus cet o'r.

Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.

Aruetyc runi trattok'o.

The words of battle, the words of Vode An ran over him. His mandalorian pride was strong and he would not allow himself to be taken down by a fool such as this Kratos who had no potential in this galaxy. Hartel had even encountered Hutts with more premise than this slag to whom he was stuck fighting. His energy with Vode An empowered him and with his pride whelmed he felt indestructible.

His emotion overran him becoming the bulk of his very being and the Mandalorian became lost in his hatred for his adversary, his very desire for his death, he knew little of what was going on for it was hard to retell. Yet he could feel its impact upon his physical being. His muscles twinged at the fact that he had just swung cleanly through both the chains on the retractable blades rendering them useless and far out of reach for his poor adversary. It may impossible to tell what had happened but when regaining his full senses once more the Mandalorian had his adversary at his knees leaving him with no chance in the world. All that remained was his vibroblade which John proved he could easily overpower.

”œI gave you a chance to die honorably Kratos. And now you have fallen. All chance at defeating me is lost. Surrender to me now and I will grant my offer of a warriors death.”

The slight Force nudge by Hel was like a sudden wash of cold through Malyss's body. It woke her immediately.

She was horrendously tired. Her body still hungered for sleep. It felt as if she'd just closed her eyes a minute or two earlier. But she stood up instantly and slipped into the robe provided by her master. Malyss, though dog tired, refused to show any sign of weakness or sleep deprivation.

Next to Hel's side Malyss quietly asked in a still slightly gruff voice, "Why are we leaving, Master. It almost feels as if we are evacuating the place..."

"We are."

With that she moved out of the room, slipping quietly through the hallways and moving out front. On the way out of the front door, her hand grazed a small previously unseen button. A great rumbling erupted forth from the earth before them. The Trio, two human and one not of this world watched on as the earth split and revealed the opening to a hanger. Wasting no time Dominique moved forward, stepping onto the stairs at the side of it and moving lower into the area.

Within minutes they were at the bottom. It was obvious the place had not received any attention for the longest time, but it still concealed Hel's ship within it. Rather then one she swiped from Alora. Entering it, she moved into the cockpit and fired up the engines. The hover panels carried them straight up, twisting the nose around and directing it at the sky before the sublights kicked in and took them into space. Shortly thereafter they entered hyperspace.

Carnage.jpg

((Ok 3 days are up, sorry to do this but I want to be Dagon's Apprentice))

Hartel's blade came to a halt against Krato's as he blocked the swing toward his head as John had thought he would have. The man was clearly unworthy and in John's eyes, as honorable as a mynock. The Mandalorian moved past the man's sword and thoroughly cut the man in half watching his body fall to the floor. For a moment the Mandalorian just stood there but then took a step forward and twirling his sword decapitated his opponent.

The fool had no passion, and no desire, he did not deserve to win this fight

The scent of blood filled the air reminding John that he was growing quite hungry and looking to the dismembered body of his former opponent a grin grew across his face. The man marched over to the deceased head making a howling laugh at the dumbfounded look upon his face. The idiot actually thought he had a chance versus a Mandalorian. And now look at him”¦HA!

It was but a few hours before the last of the man's head was finished. John laid the skull on the ground beside the cooked body of the opponent. Perhaps his master would like to feed upon the corpse as well. It is of no matter but it nonetheless crossed the Mandalorians mind. With his adversary gone John now only had to await his master's arrival and review of the duel.

You're going to have to master the fears that your dreams represent, if you want to survive Sith training. Pack your things and follow me, we have work to do.

::Dagon waited quietly as the man prepared his posessions and once he was ready, the pair departed. After traveling through the forests of Naboo for some time, they found Hartel, feeding on the remains of Kratos. Dagon recalled the camera droid before announcing his presence, observing the nuances of the duel.::

We make for the planet of Ishvara, where you will learn the true nature of the Sith, the Force, and the people that are meant to serve us.

MGw9G2u.jpg

Pravus sat in his flight-chair on board vessel. I've never heard of Ishvara, he thought to himself. I wonder what's there, and what this man will teach me...

As if the he knew his thoughts, the man known as Dagon looked at him with a calculating glance that seemed to bore into Pravus's core. When Pravus shivered, the man smiled slightly and turned away.

Darth_Pravus.jpg

trTa0Zf.jpg

(Click my sigart to view my character profile.)

John wiped the blood from his lips and got up from his comfortable seat upon the Nubian plains. He had little idea of where this planet laid or what was there but Hartel could have cared less at the moment. His Sith Training would now begin and boarding the vessel he awaited for them to take their leave.

• 2 weeks later...

As Kal readied himself to leave and realization had came over him. He was not ready to free his home. Kal hated this feeling, but he knew of place that would make him ready.

"Hey computer, cancel those meetings. I am going off to Artus to vist the Black Sun. It will be a while before I return so sorry. I am however promising I will free our people."

With that Kal threw on his coat and his weapon holsters. Also he added a brown hood to help hide his face to where he was going. This was going to be somthing fun. Kal loaded up his three droids and jumped from Naboo back to a place he planed on not visting again.

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

• 3 weeks later...

[Edited]

Sayn Ta was at peace.

The Gungan Jedi Knight walked through the Naboobian forest, soaking up the sensations around her. This planet was so full of life...so full of the Force. Sayn felf a great connection to this land. It was full of hope...satisfaction...inspiration. Naboo was a planet that allowed Sayn Ta to achieve oneness with herself.

She had been here for a few days, eagerly awaiting her former Master's arrival. He had told her to meet him here, in this sacred forest. The last time Sayn had seen her Master was on Kashyyyk, where he was going through a profound personal crisis. Sayn had helped the Wookiee Jedi Master Kirlocca overcome that crisis, but she had not heard from him scence.

The purple skinned Jedi realized that her anticipation was working her up into a bundle of nerves. In an effort to relax herself, she sat on the forest floor and began to meditate...

And then it hit her like a ton of poodoo! In her deep connection to the Force, she felt a calling. It was her former mentor, Master Kirlocca...he was in distress! Sayn quickly gathered her things and took off in her ship. The purple Gungan Jedi Knight wasn't sure where she was going, she would let the Force lead her.

Sayn_Ta.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Darla piloted her shuttle through the atmosphere of Naboo taking it down to the co-ordinates that Darex indicated. She wasn't sure what they'd find there or if it would even help them but at least it was a start. It had been a while since Darla had been to the beautiful world. As they descended she admired the scenery though the veiwscreen.

"Ok, here we are. It's a start, but you'll have to lead the way." Darla brought the ship to a smooth landing a little distance from where they needed to be.

She made sure she had everything that she might need in her small backpack and made sure her lightsaber was securely fixed to her belt. She was dressed in a simple black t-shirt and black pants. It would be nice to enjoy a little sun on her skin after being on the icy wastelands of Ilum.

"Ready when you are Darex."

Rannrsig.jpg

He nodded, leaving his cloak in the ship, and they set off. It wasn't far to the spot he well remembered. But this time, it was different.

The house stood, but it looked like it had been reconstructed. It was covered in Sith markings, and as Darex reached into the Force, he felt no trace of Trowa or Shy...only other Sith and those who were weak still in the Force. He shook his head, motioning for Darla to stay back.

"He's not here. Everything is different. That's his house alright, but it's strange. I also get no sense of his or Shy's presence. And something or someone would have greeted us by now," he said softly. "What do you make of the house? To the outward appearance, it looks like it might be some kind of Sith training ground. I didn't know they had a presence here..."

He motioned for her to follow him back to the ship. "Regardless, I suppose this is a dead end. I remember doing some research on Barton when I wanted to find him last time. I think I still have it stored somewhere."

When they reached the ship, he began to search through his belongings, looking for the data chip that contained information on the Sith they were looking for.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darla reached out with her senses touching the house. She felt a very small taint of the darkside, but very little else. Nothing familiar. Nobody she knew. Not a trace of Nivana.

"I get pretty much the same feeling as you." Darla told her friend as they returned to their ship.

She tried her best not to get dis-heartened. Yes their first lead turned up zilch, but they had really only just begun. There was plenty of galaxy out there to search. The thought was both promising and daunting. They could search for years and still not find Nivana.

At least Darex had a few more leads he could follow up. Well, if he could find the data chip. Darla tried to think of places that Sith might be, but she had been away from them for so long that she didn't really have a clue. It crossed her mind to try finding Ryu, he would surely be able to send her in the right direction of Trowa Barton. But it was a long shot, plus he was likely to kill her on sight.

"I'll get the ship ready to go again, keep looking for that chip and give me a shout if you find it. If you can't it might be worth us going to the last Call and asking around the bar to see if anyone has seen Barton recently."

Rannrsig.jpg

"Okay," Darex replied, then returned to his search. He didn't have many possessions, especially ones that he carried with him. He desperately hoped the information hadn't been in R6. He missed the little guy, and not only for his data-storing capacity.

Finally, he grinned in triumph. "Ah ha!" he cried. "Found it!"

He plugged it into a datareader and scanned it. "Let's see," he said as Darla returned to the room. "His family estate was on Naboo...yadda yadda yadda...he wandered the galaxy for a while...yadda yadda yadda...his family had a shipyard over Roon...hmmm...." he trailed off, finishing the article. "I guess he could be anywhere. I don't know if he would have taken over any of his family's business ventures, or which one even if he did."

He looked up at the other Jedi Knight. "I say the Last Call is our best bet. He could be somewhere here on Naboo, on Roon, or any of these other planets his family had a business presence on. We can search each lead seperately, which could take a while, but I don't want to do that unless we have no other information."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

A gungan Warrior armed with a rifle peered down the side of the hill, towards where the two new comers had just been. He had kept careful watch over them following his orders precisely as they had been dictated to him by Trowa. As they moved back towards their ship he moved over the lip of the hill and down it as silently as he could.

He slipped into the trees, taking great pains to watch his step and avoid anything that would make extra noise as he watched them. The male specimen matched the description he was informed to keep an eye out for. Once they were out of hearing range, onboard the ship they came in he pulled out a small com link and sent a message to the rely station in Theed, which shot off a message to Roon.

He put the small device back on his belt and pulled out a tracking chip. He tossed it towards the ship, watching as it latched onto the landing gear. It would be hard to detect, as most of the time it was inactive. It only relayed the location of the ship every so often, turning on only long enough to send the transmission.

With his job done, he began the process of getting away from the ship, back to his station. He hoped for a decent reward for a job well done.

Carnage.jpg

Darla thought about all the possibilities. She felt a little more optimistic. The planet Roon stuck in her mind, but going there really would be a shot in the dark. At least at the last call they could get some information. The place was a hub where people from all over the galaxy stopped by for a rest and drink. It was also a neutral zone, they'd be safe there but unable to use the force as well.

"Looks like Coruscant it is." Darla said setting in the co-ordinates. "Maybe we could find yourself a new ship there. If we do run into any trouble I'd rather be in something a little more manuverable, a little better armed."

With that Darla took off and headed to their next destination.

Rannrsig.jpg

• 1 month later...

The peaceful, quiet forest of Naboo lay undisturbed, save for a few brustling of leaves by the planet's diverse fauna. The land was spotted with lakes, where ducks peacefully swam and raised their young. Everything seemed at ease, harmonious and quiet...

But below those very lakes, it was quite the opposite.

Horns tooted and children squeeled. A party was underway...and Gungan parties were always the best! The catalyst for the jubilation was the swearing in of a new government position. The Bosses of the Gungan Council had finally come to realize the isolationist nation's ever increasing involvement in Galactic affairs. Thus, they had decided to create the office of Lord Protector. The Protector would speak on the Gungan Nation's behalf, represent the species interests in Galactic policy, and (most importantly) serve as a guardian to the honorable species.

The question over who was best qualified to take on these responsibilities caused much debate amongst the Gungans. They needed someone who was deeply commited to peace...but would not tolerate injustice. Someone who understood the importance of preserving Gungan culture...but could represent that intrest on a Galactic scale. Someone who was skilled in diplomacy...but could handlethemselves in combat. They found that person in Sayn Ta. Ta was not only a young female Gungan, she was also a former Jedi.

After her death, a newly cloned Sayn Ta realized the Jedi weren't the institution that shared the same vision for the Galaxy that she did. After much internal debate, Sayn renounced her vows as a Jedi Knight and returned home to Otoh Gunga. Her return, however, took the community by suprise. They needed someone who understood both Gungan and Galactic culture. Thus, when looking for a Galactic liason, Sayn was an obvious choice. For the ex-Jedi, it was the perfect proffession. She could embrace her deeply beloved homeland, be a figurehead in Galactic affairs, and continue promoting the Lightside of the Force all at the same time. It was unquestioned that this was Sayn Ta's path....her calling....her destiny.

And she couldn't have been happier to fullfill it.

With a newly constructed lightsaber clipped to her belt, a joyfulll Sayn Ta smiled broadly as she was sworn in the Gungan Nation's first Lady Protector. After reciting her oath, Sayn recieved a big hug from the top Boss and an even bigger cheer from a crowd of celebratory Gungans.

Grinning from floppy purple ear to floppy purple ear, Sayn Ta addressed the cheerful crowd.

"My fellow Gungans, I stand here today not as a Jedi, but as one of you! I understand your needs and concerns, and I promise to you today that as Lady Protector I will never stop fighting for the rights and liberties of us Gungans!"

The crowd cheered, clapped, and whaled wildly. What a joyous day in Otoh Gunga it was!

Sayn_Ta.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((No interference from outsiders between the actions from I and OK while we're here, okay? Thanks.))

A few hours in advance, Aryian had commed a special place on Naboo, having one of the finest resorts on the planet completely bought out for the week, using funds from his old credit stores. It was well worth the expense.

Two ships dropped out of hyperspace, the Blur[/] and the Ghost Breath, descending down onto the beautiful planet with all the grace and style dual AIs had to offer. Aryian surveyed what he had chosen on the way down, realizing that he had rarely ever considered other things this beautiful, Armiena being one of those exceptions. He fingered his left forearm with his right hand, tracing the runes carved on the armor.

Long ago he had made the armor through pure use of the Force, it was made in such a way that it would be impossible to remove from his body unless unmade in a similar fashion. When he made it, he also made a vow to uphold the Jedi Code and to honorably protect his brothers. Now...he felt it was time for a different vow...one more closer to his heart than lustful warmongering.

The ships finally touched down, each landing ramp extending. Aryian walked out of his ship, merely admiring the beauty of the woman who came out of the other ship. Naturally, she wasn't going to be happy he had simply abducted her like this...but still, it wasn't as if he didn't warn her.

Were he younger, he might have cracked a silly boyish grin, but for now he was content to stand in awe, soaking in her presence with a matchless passion.

"Hi."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

During the several hours sent in transit to Aryian's destination, Armiena Draygo had made good use of the time in which she was blocked out of the controls to her ship. She managed to go through some basic maintenance on the small arsenal of weapons that she had brought along for the battle; the Jedi Master worked out her frustrations at being dragged away from her comrades' sides on a practice dummy in the cargo hold; she'd even managed to make significant progress on one of her projects, one that she had neglected for quite a while in favor for her work for the Survivor's Foundation.

All of those activities were almost guaranteed to wear away at her frustrations, and they did not disappoint. Even still, Armiena couldn't wash away the claustrophobic feeling of being a prisoner in her own ship. That quickly evaporated, however, when she discovered what Aryian's destination was.

The last time Armiena had visited Naboo was with her Padawan Shawn Kenobi, when he was just in the beginning stages of his training. Naboo was a gorgeous planet, one which Armiena had only fond memories of--only Borleais or her long-destroyed homeworld rivalled the planet in how dearly she held it to her heart. Merely seeing Naboo again would make her "abduction" enjoyable; however, judging from the Ghost Breath's course, Aryian was not sending her to one of the planet's lovely cities, but somewhere in the temperate countryside.

It took Armiena little time to surmise what their final destination was, and she couldn't help but laugh out loud. And I thought I was the only Jedi with massive financial resources... Way to steal my thunder, Aryian...

Holding onto that thought, Armiena managed to retain an amused smile during the remainder of the descent, even as her instincts and pride begged for the ability to control her own landing.

When she was finally allowed to depart her own ship, she was greeted by a flattering stare from her friend--her "abductor", in a sense. She blushed slightly, glancing down at her feet, as she wasn't exactly sure how to respond.

"You're staring," she finally said when the words came to her, completely frank but wholly and utterly true to her character.

drayyy.png

((Dammit, I almost chose Borleais, too... ))

"Does that bother you?"

He had known exactly what he was doing and was no longer afraid to do it. Aryian chuckled for a few seconds before averting his gaze to the view around them. It was a majestic cliffside resort, in the Northern Hemisphere, remote to only those with shuttlecraft. Around them were all the forests of Naboo, speckled with fields full of wildflower patches, and of course there was the resort itself. Three tiers of suites, as well as a pool, a recreational hall, a ballroom, and several other smaller features that made it among the finest in this sector of the galaxy. The architecture was magnificent, reminiscent of an old gothic era, yet with the grace and flow of modernization instead of the stiff lines and arches.

Beauty, though, was in the eye of the beholder, and Aryian turned his eyes back onto her, a knowing look on his face along with a grin that Armiena had learned meant Aryian was up to something.

"Come on...I want to show you something."

Blz1mwg.png

"Not anymore." Armiena replied, joining Aryian's side while the two Jedi departed to see whatever Aryian had to show her. She quickly recovered from the display of sheer opulence in their retreat; blatant displays of wealth failed to impress her, as she was arguably the wealthiest Jedi in the Order. That didn't mean that she didn't appreciate the marvelous skill that had gone into the resort's construction, however.

Still smiling, she sidled up a little closer to Aryian and offered her hand to him. Curiosity was only evident on her features and her emotions, easily sensed through the Force.

drayyy.png

It was funny feeling Armiena's thoughts on the place, especially from Aryian's perspective. She hadn't known she was the second wealthiest Jedi, Aryian merely hadn't tapped into his accounts of old in quite some time, mainly because most of them were gained by old criminal actions and skifter programs he used on banks once upon a time. Needless to say, he had spent a large chunk on buying the place out, and he donated the rest back into the Coruscanti banking system, making him the new Poorest Jedi on the block.

Yet, he still had frineds in high places. There was certainly no need to worry on his end.

They walked a bit, hand in hand, Aryian leading her through the resort to a special landing pad nearby the main cliffside. Off on the side of the resort was an enormous waterfall, spanning nearly half a kilometer. They hadn't seen it on the way to planetside because of cloud cover and the specific way Aryian chose the flight path in.

The refreshing mist wafted up, covering both of their faces, as the sight of a peculiar pair of winged animal caught their gaze. With them was a Kaminoan trainer, gently talking to them while holding their reins.

"They're called Aiwha...native to Kamino as well as Naboo. They're gentle, for the most part, and semisentient. I called in the resort's trainer especially for this."

Aryian tapped a few buttons on his comm, sending a short message to someone in the resort, planning yet more of the little excursion.

"Would you like to fly one? I've heard it's rather exhilarating, like nothing else in the galaxy."

Blz1mwg.png

"Oh my..." Upon seeing the Kaminoan trainer lead his charges from the shore bordering the waterfall, Armiena's hand unclasped Aryian's and fell to her side. She had heard of aiwhas and even seen one in flight--once, for only a few seconds. That was years ago, long before Armiena even knew about the Jedi Order's presence in the galaxy. Nevertheless, seeing an aiwha had made quite an impression on Armiena, and being offered the chance to ride one...

Armiena would never deny it; she relished working with machinery and cherished her freedom to journey amongst the stars. However, to mount a creature with its own thoughts and feelings, and work with the beast as its partner, rather its master; to be borne by the flyer rather than control its every movement... This was an experience that Armiena would never dare pass up. She would be ashamed not to accept the offer.

"Aryian. This is me you're talking about." Armiena said, deadpan. She was more than willing to try; she was almost giddy with anticipation. "You didn't even need to ask."

She nodded, ready and willing for the Kaminoan to show her how it was done.

drayyy.png

The droid landed his ship on the lush greens of Naboo after a long time of investigation onto the whereabouts of Aryian Darkfire, Jedi Master. The circuits in CR-34 buzzed with excitement in the thrill of the hunt and he hid his Assassins rifle within his chest plate and fitted himself with a tuxedo to mask himself as a formal protocol droid. He marched inward toward a large resort his information had led him to.

It was not a very long time before the droid arrived there and thoroughly scrapped one of the other droids which had occupied the position of Waiter and CR being as clever as he was stole his ID Chip and placed it upon himself being sure to rewire the restraining bolt so it had no effect on him. He walked up to the counter and grabbed a bottle of Champagne on a silver platter and went out proceeding to hand out the bubbly to tourists of this resort.

It would not be long before Darkfire would show himself. He was, after all, the owner of this establishment and CR-34 would have his credits earned by this days end. The droid carried on serving his temporary masters plotting ways to kill each and every person in this hotel in only a few moments time.

cr34.png

Why can't this be like combat, where I blindly rush in and kill everything in sight?

((Fine...fine...ruin my solace. I knew this wouldn't end how I wanted it to.))

Well...there's the traditional methods the Kaminoans use to 'ask' the Aiwha where to fly, but I was thinking we could ask on an entirely different level.

Aryian smiled, reaching his mind out to the nearest Aiwha, connecting with it on a mental level that the creature had never felt before. At first it was afraid, resisting the mental connection ever so slightly, but curiosity quickly got the better of it as Aryian softly put a series of images in its head. It thought back to him, or to whatever had communicated with it, agreeing with a chuff of breath.

He nodded to the trainer, who let go the reins and calmly walked back inside the resort. The one Aryian had 'asked' came forward, approaching the two on its stubby legs, wobbling humorously.

"Go ahead...they only eat fish."

Armiena put her hand out, to which the Aiwha instantly put it's large muzzle into, allowing her to feel the leathery skin with ease. Aryian put images of praise into the creature's mind, thanking it for fulfilling the request.

He left her side, thought-speaking with the other Aiwha, calming it as he approached and mounted it. This was something he had never done before, though he had no fear of it through the force. Being fearless was one of the essentials to riding the Aiwha, for an unsettled and easily scared person could make the Aiwha skittery and only lead to killing themselves. But they had the Force, both of them could handle themselves in any situation.

"The locals say the waterfall is most pleasant up close...I'm curious to see as to whether they're correct. Race you there..."

With a quick thought and reply, his Aiwha leaped, diving off the cliffside to spread its wings only meteres below, an exhilirating feeling to even a Jedi Master. He did, however, not take advantage of his small head start, instead asking the Aiwha to perform a few areal stunts, to which he enjoyed with great glee.

They were in paradise now, and Aryian was finally spending quality time with Armiena. He planned on doing something to Armiena's Aiwha in midair, asking it to 'toss' her to his mount, but dismissed the idea almost as soon as he thought of it, instead allowing her to enjoy the freedom it would certainly make her feel.

---------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the Maitre'd called for one of the serving droids, asking it to pick up a meal from the kitchens and have it delivered to a particular meadow near the top of the waterfall.

And in another part of the resort, one of the janitors was cleaning out the garbage disposals and had noticed the scrapped remains of what had appeared to be a droid. Curious, as nothing like that had ever been in the garbage before, he contacted his supervisor to check it out.

Aryian's ship was calmly monitoring the resort, still scanning for any unusual activity, picked up on the janitor's transmission, and began tuning it's sensors towards that general vicinity. Even though Aryian had requested it to stop determining actions based on his subconscious, the AI now had free will, and was exercising it. It also wanted to make sure the vacation went flawless, and was doing it's best to help out in it's own way.

The Ghost Breath, as well, was notified by the Blur and began to monitor the situation.

And just like that, without Aryian even knowing it, a series of events had fallen into place, a series of events that would possibly lead to a shortened vacation.

Blz1mwg.png

((I am suddenly reminded of Dinotopia--not the awful made-for-TV movie, but the original book.))

Armiena continued to stroke the aiwha's leathery muzzle, allowing the creature to settle its beak onto her shoulder and the crook of her arm. A low rumble escaped from the beast's belly, a clear indication that the aiwha was enjoying the attention. For a brief moment, Armiena stared past the length of the aiwha's beak and into its eyes, tentatively making contact with its mind, asking permission for the intrusion.

Hello. No, the aiwha obviously had no understanding of Basic or spoken language, but it definitely greeted Armiena in its own way. She almost flinched away from the psychic contact in her surprise; a glimmer of intelligence shone under the massive flier's primitive mind. The aiwha, as Aryian had said, was definitely semi-sentient. It seemed to understand what Armiena was doing but forgave--possibly even welcomed--the intrusion. Under the surface of their initial contact, the Jedi Master sensed the aiwha's utter contentment with its life. It had the freedom to soar on its own will; it was well fed; it was respected, even worshipped, for its majesty. What else could it desire?

Flight--of course, the creature wanted to fly and show this little human its prowess and freedom. And Armiena was only eager to oblige it. She nodded to her aiwha, patting it gently on its beak.

Let's go. Standing at the brink of the cliff side, Armiena mounted the aiwha, noting that the creature was perfectly aware of her position and a definite sense of satisfaction washed over its mind when she found the correct posture in her harness. A breathtaking moment later, the rider and avian stared down the precipice; the aiwha caught a gust of wind with its outstretched wings, and propelled itself into the air with a weak hop from its stubby legs and a mighty sweep of its wings.

It was... utterly thrilling, the sense of only having a living creature between her body and the air, the pound of the wind against Armiena's body. With an unspoken request and acknowledgment, her aiwha began to gain altitude, falling slightly behind Aryian but still within easy sight. Once the aiwha seemed to be satisfied with its altitude, it folded its wings against its body and dove like an arrow, as though intent on smiting a hapless target on the ground. Armiena grinned as the rush of speed sent an adrenaline rush through her body; she could only trust the aiwha to pull out of its dive in time...

However, the aiwha itself seemed somewhat uncomfortable with the maneuver long before Armiena's instincts suggested that they come to their senses. It pulled out of the dive at a safe height, using its great speed and powerful beats of its wings to gain altitude. Once they rose to Aryian's level again, her desire for thrills had been satisfied and she was exulting in the aiwha's glide and each powerful stroke of its wings.

Aryian was definitely correct when he commented that flying an aiwha was a totally unique experience. Armiena couldn't remember a time when she had felt so utterly alive--not in the personal triumph of completing one of her many mechanical creations or exploring an unfamiliar world, not even in the visceral rush of charging into battle behind the blade of her ignited lightsaber.

drayyy.png

Aryian enjoyed the ride with the Aiwha to the fullest extent, allowing it to show him some of its favorite things to do. However when it wanted to show him a barrel roll, Aryian politely declined, noting the only real way to hold on was the reins themselves, as well as the legs. Kaminoans naturally had long strong legs, it would be easy for them to undergo particularly hard maneuvers like that, but Aryian was a simple human.

Understanding, the Aiwha flew on, towards the original destination he had asked them to take the Jedi to. In moments they were at the waterfall, the mist swirling around them like magic, playing tag with the water. Aryian's own Aiwha dove, sharply pulling up before they hit the water. It playfully skimmed the surface, touching the water as they flew and sending up small waves that seemed to leap for joy.

...Aryian...

Aryian shuddered for a moment, suddenly thinking about Kirlocca. He wished to redeem himself, rejoin the Jedi and retake what he had once lost. Calmly, he stretched his own mind out, and sent a powerful message back, consisting of one word:

...Borleais...

They came up, both Aryian and Armiena dancing in the air upon the giant creatures, before finally gliding towards the summit of the falls, and to a small meadow near the rapids. There they landed, met by two more Kaminoans who gladly took the Aiwha back to the Resort.

The meadow itself smelled of sweet nectar, due to the peculiar species of flower that had a particularly strong perfume to it. In the middle of the meadow, off in the distance, stood a waiter droid along with a complete set out meal of the highest caliber.

It was as they were walking through the field that Aryian spoke again, breaking the perfect silence.

"You know...being here with you is something that I will cherish forever. For the longest time I've wanted this...and finally making it happen...I wouldn't be anywhere else in the universe right now. Not for missing this. There's so much to talk about, and yet words continue to escape me as I look at you...It's like a magic I've never felt before."

Blz1mwg.png