Space

Ary the Grey

Reagan's ship, the Salvation, hurdled through hyperspace. She headed to the lounge and sat down to do some research. It had been a few weeks since this message had been intercepted and she needed to break it. Curiousity was getting the better of her now and she needed to know what was on this.

She noticed YH looking over the ship, and smiled at how he seemed to admire it. She was a fast ship and could fight her way out of most anything.

It seemed like hours she was sitting there with this message before she finally got it.

the Killuminati have finally found out how to cleanse the Galaxy of its imperfections. Far, far away, a star is dying in the Cyranat Cluster. Watching over the dying star is a small space station ”“ one built over the years by the Killuminati, which was initially meant to be a secret base, but now has a greater purpose. When the star reaches its final stage of self destruction, an energy blast will rocket forth from the station ”“ the result will be devastating for the entire Galaxy. The destruction of the star will cause a chain reaction of massive proportions ”“ the concussion of the blast will cause all the surrounding stars to go nova. And it will spread. No star system will be safe. Everything and everybody would die. The Galaxy would be cleansed.

OOC: the above message also includes some other stuff that was discussed to happen.

IC: Reagan sat back as the color drained from her face. Curiousity really did kill the cat. She could not believe what she had heard. For the first time that she could remember, she had no idea what she was going to do. She heard the proximity alarm for the hyperdrive and got up and ran to the c0ck pit. As the ship came out of hyperspace, she quickly made a long term calculation and threw it back into hyperspace. While she was in real space, the Salvation downloaded a message that had been sent to the Smuggler's Moon.

A hologram of an old man appears. The old man, Raska Thrane, is gaunt and extremely pale. His thin hair is swept back, and he is clad in elegant black robes. Raska Thrane is a prominent figure in several important operations and corporations, including the powerful Commerce Guilds. In the hologram, Raska Thrane is sitting down, and bent over with a weary expression.

I am offering a sum of 50 million credits to the person, or persons who bring Reagan McGreggor to Coruscant. She is wanted for the murder of Mining Guild official Huje Wainer. She is to be restrained to the extent that she is not able to speak, or communicate in any way ”“ her words are poison, as our Huje Wainer found out. McGreggor and her ship are to be brought to zone 3-X of the chief Industrial Sector of Coruscant.

The hologram flickers out of focus, and Raska Thrane vanishes

Her mouth stood open for a moment as she realized that she was a marked woman. This was not good, not good at all. She walked back to the lounge, and sat back down.

OOC: Okay people, lets not all try to capture Reagan on the first day, lets at least try to have some fun with this. And no you can not capture Reagan or trace her in hyperspace.

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke was so busy admiring the YT-2400's interior he almost missed the dark look that had come over Reagan's face. He tried to get a look at what she had been reading but couldn't see past her head.

"Is everything ok?"

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Reagan looked up at Yuusuke, her face white, "No, no it isn't." She took a breath and thought for a second. "You may want to get off at our next stop. I seem to have gotten myself into some trouble. Seems curiosity really does kill the cat. You don't need this kind of trouble."

She showed him the hologram of Raska putting out the bounty on her, and as he watched, she pulled out her blaster and pointed it at him.

"If you have a specific place you want me to place you, let me know now, or I'll just drop you where ever. And if you wouldn't mind, could you put your hands over your head and take a few steps back?" She waited and watched as he complied with her order and stood in the middle of the room with his hands up.

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke made no move for his blaster, but he didn't put his hands up either.

"Reagan, do you really think I would turn in the bounty on you? It took Airleas weeks just to convince me to join the Smugglers. I still consider myself an enforcer of the law. Bounty hunting, and bounty hunters are what is destroying this galaxy. Besides, I doubt Raska would do any business with a former agent of FLEA."

Up until that point, Yuusuke hadn't revealed to anyone in the Smuggling organization, that he was a member of FLEA, though Airleas probably suspected. However, he doubted Reagan had figured it out, considering they just met.

"If anything I should arrest you, but if I was going to do that, I would have done it already. Your in a whole heap of trouble. You need to trust me."

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Reagan still held her gun on him while listening to what he had to say. "Trust is something that is very scarse these days. Why in the galaxy should I trust you? I know that I didn't kill whoever it is that they are saying that I did. I am not even sure that this man even exists."

Still keeping the gun on him, she shoved the decrypt at him. "I intercepted that message a few weeks ago. It took me until just a bit ago to break the encrypt. Read it. If my guess is correct, the man that sent that message is the man that wants me shut up." She sat there as he read the decrypted message to see his face turn almost as ashen as hers did just a short while before.

the Killuminati have finally found out how to cleanse the Galaxy of its imperfections. Far, far away, a star is dying in the Cyranat Cluster. Watching over the dying star is a small space station ”“ one built over the years by the Killuminati, which was initially meant to be a secret base, but now has a greater purpose. When the star reaches its final stage of self destruction, an energy blast will rocket forth from the station ”“ the result will be devastating for the entire Galaxy. The destruction of the star will cause a chain reaction of massive proportions ”“ the concussion of the blast will cause all the surrounding stars to go nova. And it will spread. No star system will be safe. Everything and everybody would die. The Galaxy would be cleansed.

Keeping her gun in her lap, she motioned for him to sit down across the room.

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke contemplated whether he should remain where he was. A part of the law officer still in him, had a policy against obeying or negotiating with criminals. But Reagan was his associate now. If he wanted her to trust him, he would also have to trust her. He sat down, keeping his hands where she could see them, on his lap.

He doubted she would fire in her beloved ship anyway. They were right near vital controls of the vessel, to do so would be unwise. But then again, if Reagan believed him to be a threat to her life, she may just take that risk. He took the message from her, and read it aloud. When he had finished, a deathly silence pervaded over the two smugglers before he spoke.

"This is way bigger than I thought. You're in grave danger here. The whole galaxy is in grave danger. That's why you need to trust me. 50 million credits wouldn't do me much good if the galaxy was destroyed."

Yuusuke.jpg

Reagan sat there and thought a moment. "A FLEA agent huh? Airleas must have saw something redeeming in you to allow you onto and better yet into the smugglers."

She sat back and stared at the floor for a minute before continuing. "I am in big trouble. And if I had not decrypted that message just before, I would have no clue as to why the mark was put on me. It took me weeks to decrypt that message, Weeks. That is how heavy the encrypt was on it. They are going to destroy the galaxy. Not one being will survive. Even Emperor Palpatine was not that bad. there is no one for me to even go to that could care less about that much money. Dex is Dead, I don't know where Lance or Airleas are, and even if I did, I don't think that I could involve any of the Lianahan's in this as it would only get them hurt."

She stopped a moment and took a breath. "We can't stay in hyperspace forever, and the decision on where to come out of hyperspace is tough. There are the Hutts that I will have to deal with, the Black Sun, all the individual Bounty Hunters, hell, I would want the money for myself if I didn't know what was really going on. I know and still don't want to know the truth. No one would believe me even if I tried to explain the truth to them."

She looked up at him, "You got any suggestions? Cause I am actually at a loss as to where to go to refuel and get some information that will not get me killed or captured. there is one person I can call for help, but I can't do it from hyperspace and at the moment, I have no clue as to where he even is."

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke reflected on all that Reagan had said. There was no place they could go, but she was right, they more fuel, and most of all they needed some help. There was one planet that might offer temporary safety.

"Naboo. It was recently taken over by the Empire. Given that fact, with the right bribes, we should be able to get in and get out with few questions asked. Plus, they don't exactly keep up on the current bounties of the underworld. Who did you want to contact?"

Yuusuke.jpg

Reagan thought about Naboo for a minute, and nodded her head. "Since I am out of suggestions, we will go there. I can get some information on what and who is after me, and try to make contact the Rane."

She didn't know if he had ever heard of him, but he was someone that she had a bit of trust. "Rane Scando is who I need to contact. He may be able to help. Or at least give me some information."

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke had indeed heard of Rane Scando before. He was a bounty hunter with unparalleled notoriety. His name was almost as well known as legendary criminals like Boba Fett or Bossk. If anyone could help them, Rane could, but Yuusuke had his doubts.

"50 million credits is a lot of money, and Rane is a bounty hunter. At this point, I think it would be unwise to trust someone who kills for credits. Are you sure Rane puts your life above such a sum of money?"

Yuusuke.jpg

Reagan looked at YH for a minute and smirked..."Hell, I don't even think I could trust my own family with that much money at stake. We shall go to naboo, and refuel and see about some information."

She got up to head to the c0ckpit to put in the navigation when she turned around, "And I can probably trust Rane about as much as I can trust you. I have known him for a bit, and well, if I can't trust him, I can always shoot him."

She headed up to make the adjustments then returned to continue the convo with YH.

Reagan.jpg

Yuusuke bristled. Saying she trusted some criminal bounty hunter over himself was not something he appreciated.

"You can trust me 100 times more than any bounty hunter. In fact, a bounty hunter would be the last person I would contact if I had 50 million dollars on my head. This is suicide."

Yuusuke.jpg

Talon's top of the line assault shuttle rocketed through hyperpace. He had spent countless hours as Orion and Talon modifying it and upgrading it. The results were finally paying off. Talon sat relaxing in his comfortable but battle-ready pilot's chair. Zee whistled softly from the installed droid plug behind him. "That's right Zee... we're meeting Lt. Doppler and the others there."

Zee whistled an acknowledgment.

"We should be there soon..."

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

The Howling Runner flew through hyperspace. For several minutes Piccolo remained over the controls, Luthis and Angara standing behind him. Their gazes bore into him, wondering whether the words he had spoken to Adi-wan were the truth. Finally, he spun his chair around and spoke.

"Under the orders of Smash Daisaku, our mission has changed. We are to find Reagan and protect her at all costs. Smash believes she has valuable information, otherwise Raska would not have posted such a hefty bounty on her."

"The next step is to locate Reagan. The way I see it, we have three options. First, we can go investigate the Smuggler's Moon. The chances of her being there, or any evidence remaining is slim. Second, we can wait and hope Tinova decides to help us. The chances of that happening are probably just as slim. Third, we find another bounty hunter with better resources, Scando most likely, I have seen him with Reagan before, and attempt to make an alliance or torture a location out of him. The chance of success is higher, but survival is much lower. Thoughts?"

"Well we could do that, but with all of these bounty hunters, she is bound to be moving everywhere. It seems to me that she will mainly stay and space and try to bring the secret out."

*Luthis scratches his chin and wonders.*

Where I would be with a 50 million credit's on my head.

"Rane, could but I have been with him and Mike. They are truly cunning, and will keep it to themselves, not unless you can do something to get it out of them."

*Vandren looked around.*

"Those are my suggestions."

vandren.jpg

James brought the Law into space over the Tournament grounds. He had received no orders, so he left the arena and loaded up. There he receive a comm that the F.L.E.A. would no longer be needed, and that his termination package would be credited to his personal bank account. Ace thought about what he wanted to do, and decided that it was time to give up law enforcement. This was not a galaxy that could be controlled. He decided to do a little investigation for himself on Coruscant, thus he set coordinates for the upper levels. Before the Law shot off into hyperspace, James tossed his badge. It hit the floor with a solemn plink, nothing more to him than a piece of crafted metal.

Leaning against the wall, Angara voices his thoughts.

"Though I never want to throw any possible information away, it will probably be better to skip over the Moon. My suggestion is for us to try and find Scando, and be quick about it. Who knows how long it will take for Tinova to aid us? Besides, we have the larger numbers, if it comes to a fight."

"The problem is he's as illusive as Reagan. Yet if that's the consensus, that's what we shall do."

Piccolo decided to pop out of hyperspace to check for any communications from Adi-wan. He found a few communications, but they weren't from any Jedi.

"It seems we have a few more people interested in joining our little group."

Piccolo headed back to Coruscant.

"We have to start somewhere anyway, I figure, we go pick these two up, and head for the Galactic Gunshop."