Tython

Kirlocca was a bit surprised that such motions were coming out of Darex and himself. It was something that was needed, as the Council at this very point was almost none existent minus for the two whom now talked. If they stepped up, he was certain it would drive some more confusion within the galaxy. Yet; He was almost certain at this very moment that it was nothing less than the will of the Force. The two had fallen into the position they were now only because of the mysterious ways the Force had already moved. After a moment passed, the Wookiee spoke very softly.

<< No. Never has this happened before. Although, now I know that it is indeed the will of the Force. >>

Kirlocca knew that Darex never much sought after the role much as he hadn't. Yet here they were, now both having to step into the role. He feared that some confusion would send the senate into a furry of sorts. And then there was the Order itself. How would they receive two Grandmasters?

<< Two titles and separate roles may need to happen, just not right now. Best to take the short term confusion versus anything long term that could come out of us two not fully aware of the choices we make. We can cross that bridge once a problem presents itself. >>

And just like that, it was decided. It was strange how the Force worked...sometimes it was vague, requiring time to mull and meditate over, and other times, like now, it was crystal clear. Darex took a deep breath.

"Well, alright then. We should discuss who we want to name to our new Council. For my part, I would suggest we offer the position to each of the current Jedi Masters. It would give us a larger council than we have had in the past, but it might be a welcome change. With more voices, we will be able to make sure we explore all the options."

It was something he had wanted to see for some time. "Or did you have some specific Jedi in mind you wanted to see on the Council?"

His mind had not yet quite processed the fact that he was now a Jedi grandmaster. He would have to meditate on this development later, and think through all the responsibilities that went with it. There was a flash of concern; he hoped Darla would take it the right way. He knew she was beginning to worry about the attention he was receiving from the Sith, and this position would naturally increase that attention. But he was determined that he would continue to protect her and their children as much as was in his power. And perhaps his new position would help, not hinder that.

As tempting as it was for him to muse on her and wonder when she would go into labor, he turned his mind back to Jedi policy, and waited for Kirlocca's answer.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Strangely enough, Kirlocca did have at least one person in mind for a Council spot. It wasn't that he wanted to see such a move made so early and come across as cocky, but he hoped that Dahar would take over for him in the Council in due time. It just so happened that now was that time.

<< I have just finished up with Dahar and his training as a Jedi Master. I had hoped that when I either stepped down or died, he would step up in my place. It may be good to add him, seeing as he is now the head of the Jedi Praxeum on Gala. >>

Kirlocca also considered having Onderin Starlisk in such a spot as well, but he wouldn't push his cards right here and now. Dahar was ready, and he felt a need to have a Council member not so close to the Jedi Temple. Perhaps maybe if only just out of his own insecurities. If it was an issue, he was sure that Darex wouldn't hesitate to speak up.

Elnia thought for a moment about what training that she had had on Phu. It was more like a Force Obstacle course that Aryian had set up for her while he was away doing Force-knows what with the Republic. Could that really have been considered formal training in the Force? "I don't think so," she managed to shrug, "Aryian agreed to teach me, but almost as soon as he'd taken on myself and another student, a Mandalorian named Cade, we went off to go rescue his wife and son who were under attack from a bounty hunter." She paused as they reached the cafeteria and entered the dull roar of dozens of beings eating and conversing.

She made her way to the food line where the support staff filled her plate with things that she'd never before seen or eaten, at least not that she could remember. It made her uncomfortable to have others serve her in that manner, that was supposed to be her role, her purpose. She would be denying it if she wasn't feeling a little lost right now.

The young woman took the tray to a small table in the corner, used to being out of the way and unseen. It was comforting in its own way. "I can't remember anything past being on Phu with Arec, Armenia, and Arlan." It embarrassed her to admit this, but she'd never lied or covered up the truth in any manner she could remember since she was very small.

She knew that lies could be detected through the Force, because she'd been used as a living lie-detector for her master when he was in the process of negotiating his nefarious dealings. She met his eyes again, not sure if he knew of how she'd come to be among the Jedi Order. "I did promise Aryian that, in return for being allowed to stay with the Jedi, I would serve in whatever way was needed." The Jedi were her new masters now, and she counted herself lucky to have them as such. "I still want to honor that promise."

((Sorry for not having a post up sooner, but I didn't realize that you'd posted since this thread got really active, really quickly. >_<))

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Darex nodded. He was pleased to hear that Dahar had been made a master. It seemed like only yesterday that he had the honor of knighting the man; time really flew if he was now a Jedi Master. "I think Dahar would be an excellent addition to the Council. But what of Masters Starlisk and Organa? I'm not sure Skye would be interested in the position, but I feel like it would be wise to offer it to her. If she accepted, we could have her, Onderin, Scorp, and Dahar as our council. I believe that would be a good balance of viewpoints and personalities."

He paused. "There was one thing I was going to mention in our next council meeting. I was thinking about having a more active roster of available missions for Jedi available. Small things like this mission to recover the EV, but also larger ones. That way, those Jedi looking for missions could have them available, but there would be no pressure to take on certain ones. I feel like it puts some power back in the hands of the individual Jedi."

As far as Darex knew, there had never really ever been a concrete listing available. "We could set up some droids specifically for the task of combing the holonet looking for possibilities. They could then run them by one or both of us, and then they could go on the list."

FDY9u6P.png

Onderin could sense how uncomfortable Elnia was as she got her food and moved to a corner of the room. He wasn't entirely certain what was making her so uncomfortable, whether it was just the large group of people, his attention and the attention of the staff, or something else altogether. She was very shy, it seemed, though she was willing enough to speak with him.

The Jedi Master grabbed his own meal, his stomach reminding him that he hadn't eaten since before the Thalassia raid. He sat across from Elnia as she finished her story. He was somewhat surprised to hear about Aryian and Armiena Darkfire--as far as he knew, Aryian was dead. It occurred to him that it was possible that Elnia had been there for the event, though Onderin didn't know all the details. At any rate, it seemed like this girl had been through a lot, but good solid training wasn't among it.

More curious was her statement about serving the Jedi, especially in return for her being allowed to stay... as if there was some reason why she wouldn't otherwise be afforded that much. "You need not perform any service in order to be accepted by the Jedi," he said, his voice betraying his curiosity. "It is a Jedi's duty to serve the Force, even at the expense of the Order." Had not Onderin himself spent almost his entire career as a Jedi largely separated from the Order? Had he not had to make decisions that were against the Order's interests? And yet hadn't the Empire now been vanquished, vindicating him through all the good that had been accomplished? Sometimes, it wasn't clear if everything he had done had been necessary....

The Corellian smiled. Other times, the Force's will was blatantly obvious. "Elnia, our meeting was no coincidence. The Force is telling me to train you as a Jedi Knight," he said, no doubt in his voice. "But before you start down this path, I need to know that you will dedicate yourself to it, embrace what I and the Force have to teach you, and allow it to change you, molding you into the Jedi you are meant to be.

"Is this a challenge you are willing to accept?"

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Kirlocca nodded at the idea. Since he had thought of Onderin as well could only mean that both clearly were on the same page. Although, he had to admit that Skye never once crossed his mind. Even more, he also agreed with the idea to have a more active role of the individual Jedi. This dual leadership may work to the Order's advantage if the Force clearly moved the way it did now.

<< I think that should even out the Council for now. I'll also talk directly to Corsec on Coruscant to see what sort of mission they can rely back to us seeing as I will be on the planet shortly. I was asked to come in and help aid in a special case... >>

Kirlocca hesitated to place Kitt's name into why he was making the visit, or that the request came from Fett. While the two of them worked together in the Augury to help fight against the Empire, Fett was still a bounty hunter and a Mandalorian. The amount of trust the Jedi see in them may not be the same level as to what Kirlocca sees. Plus, the Wookiee wasn't even sure he was dealing with Kitt to begin with. Making a mental note, Kirlocca decided he would keep Darex in the loop if it turned out to be as Fett feared. But until then, there was no need to say anything.

"Alright, I will invite Dahar, Skye, and Onderin, and see what I can do about getting that list set up," Darex said, jotting a note or two down on his datapad.

He rose from the seat that he had been occupying. "Are you planning to help Commissioner Holloway apprehend Ar-Pharazon?" He assumed that was the mission that Kirlocca was speaking of. "Best of luck. I'm glad you are going; CoreSec will need our help on this one."

Kirlocca seemed ready to leave, and they had little else to talk about at the moment. Darex gave his fellow grandmaster a traditional bow. "May the Force be with you."

He then stayed in the room for a few more minutes, setting things up and sending out the council invitations. His datapad pinged him, letting him know that Onderin was actually on Tython, and he knew that Skye already was, so he ended up just sending the message to Dahar.

Rising to his feet, he set off towards where Onderin's presence burned brightly in the Force. He had two reasons to see the Jedi Master--to deliver the invitation, and to see if the man had come across his lightsaber after the explosion.

He soon arrived at Onderin's location, but stood back patiently so as not to interrupt his fellow master's conversation.

FDY9u6P.png

Elnia dropped her eating utensil in surprise. Like Aryian, this Jedi had seen something in her that she couldn't recognize within herself; she didn't know how to, there was no context for her to see and understand. "You are willing to train me[i/]?" her voice was quiet in shocked disbelief.

For a moment she thought about all the things that she didn't know, things that Arlan had been surprised he'd had to teach her, common things that regular beings took for granted were new and unfamiliar to her. How could she possibly become a Jedi Knight when everything was so alien to her. Was the Force telling Master Starlisk just what he was getting into by training her? Did he know what she'd been before?

She thought she could sense that he was curious about her, but she didn't trust her own instincts on social interaction enough to be certain. "Service is all I really know," she looked down at the her mostly-empty plate."To become Jedi, I'm to serve the will of the Force rather than the Order itself?"

The young teen was still trying to grasp what she was being offered. She wanted to be able to answer truthfully to Master Starlisk, but she didn't know what being a Jedi Knight entailed and she was wary of giving her word for something that she didn't know whether or not she'd be able to follow through with in the long run.

Still, she couldn't escape the gentle nudging she could feel in her gut that this is what had been destined for her ever since she'd been discovered on the Helix station.

"I don't know if I can live up to it, but you have my word that I will do whatever is asked of me to the best of my ability. I will learn whatever you are willing to teach me," she paused, hesitating, and almost couldn't quite bring herself to form the word, "Master."

She didn't wait for him to respond, but stood and cleared their plates, as they'd both finished eating. The girl seemed a bit steadier on her feet now as she walked to dispose of their dishes in the proper places before she returned to their table in the corner.

Elnia couldn't shake the feeling that everyone else was looking at her, still dressed in the medical scrubs running around the temple like an escaped patient. She was chewing nervously on her lip again when she sat back down across from Onderin and waited patiently for him to begin teaching her.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Onderin nodded serenely when Elnia accepted his mastership. He was beginning to suspect that she had been a servant or even a slave in her life before coming to the Jedi, a story which he would probably hear eventually but wasn't going to extract from her at such an early stage. In some respects, the perspective she would gain from her life before would be invaluable to a Jedi, who served the Force and the citizens of the Republic. She would need to build confidence in herself and her abilities as she gained them, but perhaps she would be less prone to arrogance because of her background.

The Jedi Master glanced up when he felt Master Trevelian's presence approaching him, and he quickly spotted the man. He gestured Darex over and stood, looking between him and the Miraluka. "Elnia, meet Master Darex Trevelian. Darex, this is Elnia Nexma, my new apprentice." He then quickly produced Darex's lightsaber, claimed after the explosion back on Corellia. "I believe you've been missing this," he said, handing the weapon over.

He was glad that Darex had pulled through. Cloning technology was superb, but occasionally someone was lost permanently, oftentimes because they had no will to continue. However, the Jedi Order had too few Masters to lose one like Darex, even if Onderin hadn't personally always agreed with the other Master's interpretation of what it meant to be a Jedi. Of course, ever since he'd retired his commission, that had been evolving, and the choices he'd made on Ilum and Corellia reflected that. It was just enough for him to wonder if there were in fact many ways to serve the Force, all of them just as valid--or, in fact, all of them necessary for the larger picture.

3C12kbA.png

Darex spotted Onderin waving him over as he drew closer, and when introduced to Elnia, he gave her a traditional bow. "I'm pleased to meet you, Padawan Nexma. You have received an excellent master in Master Starlisk. You will learn well from him."

As Onderin handed him his lightsaber, Darex smiled. "Thank you. I admit I had cherished a hope that you had recovered it." He clipped the lightsaber to his belt. He was glad he didn't have to make a new one. The crystals in this weapon were special; he had harvested them during his master trials, and they reminded him of good times.

He turned to business. "Starlisk, I have news and an invitation for you. First, in light of Master Fitt's passing, Master Kirlocca and I have been named co-grandmasters of the Order. Our first order of business was to discuss who we wish to name to the Council, and your name was brought up. So I'm inviting you to join the Council. We believe your wisdom and experience will be a welcome addition to the leadership of our Order."

He held out a spherical object, a design of former grandmaster Armiena Draygo-Darkfire's. It was a high-tech holoconferencing comlink. In this day and age, the Council couldn't always get together in person, and so holoconferencing had become the procedure in those cases. "This is yours if you choose to accept the position."

Darex hid a smile as he thought of his own nomination to the council. Armiena had sent an annoying, persistant droid to pester him until he accepted, and the thing had clearly been on the fritz.

He smiled at Elnia as he waited for Onderin's reply.

FDY9u6P.png

Elnia nodded to the other Jedi Master, somewhat surprised that she'd missed him before. One thing that she had to remember was that the Jedi used the word Master differently. Here it didn't mean necessarily that everyone else was there to cater to every whim that one of the rank had; the meaning that she'd tried to come to terms with for the word was "teacher", or one who'd "mastered" connection with the Force and was privy to its secrets. Semantically she had to come to grips with that very important difference if she was to fit in.

The teen girl sat a bit more upright as she was introduced, and she watched as the currents of the Force flowed around both of the Jedi Masters during the exchange. She hadn't been addressed directly, only introduced so she remained silent and seemed to outsiders to be staring vaguely in the direction of the two masters, but not really looking at either of them.

Her thoughts wondered back to her first encounter with Aryian Darkfire, he'd told her she was a Miraluka, whatever that was. She burned with curiosity if there were more like her, and judging from Onderin's reaction, there were. She knew that other beings had eyes, where she simply had empty sockets.

Vividly a memory flash from her first days with her former Master came to her mind's eye, it was when she'd first realized that she really was different from the others in the household, and they weren't quick to let her forget it.

~~~~

She'd been trying to make it to the gate again when one of the older household servants, a boy of about eight or nine to her four, reached out and snatched her eye-band and as she turned he came away screaming in horror. She hadn't known what she'd done wrong or what had happened to scare him so, but when the cook came out and grabbed her roughly, spun her about and tied on the band tighter than it had been, she realized that it was her. She was the one that was so horrifying, all because she lacked a physiological element that most humanoids took for granted.

She remembered the hurt, pain and confusion that she'd felt, compared with the calmness and peace that these Jedi depicted. No one here shied away from her in fear. How she interacted with the world almost seemed to make her special to them, and it was a comfortable feeling. Elnia felt accepted here, and that was a first for her.

~~~~

She focused again on their conversation, her thoughts coming back to the present. She heard Master Darex offer Master Starlisk a spot on the council. It sounded like it was something that was important, a big job for him to do. For a moment, she worried that his taking the time to train her would keep him from his duties if he should accept the offer, but something in the pit of her stomach reassured her and told her that it would be alright.

Then she noticed that Darex was smiling at her, shyly she returned the smile. Attention was something that she was definitely going to have to get used to quickly. It was unnerving when, for so much of her life she'd been ignored as just another fixture in the household.

fMZZcER.png

There were going to be changes in Jedi Order leadership, it seemed. Onderin had been aware of Master Fitt's encounter with the Sith marauders, as he and Darex had gone to the Galactic Alliance to attempt to find a solution to those same enemies. Frankly, it was about time someone stepped up to fill the Grand Master role, and Onderin didn't find it particularly surprising that neither Kirlocca nor Darex was particularly eager to take the job themselves. Hopefully, they would be able to make unified decisions, letting the Force be the mediator, instead of clashing against each other, thus making co-leadership less than ideal.

He realized that he was a natural choice to be put on the Council because of his experience and the fact that he was one of only few Masters in the Order these days, but he honestly hadn't really been anticipating such a move, especially given the amount of time he'd spent away from the Order. Apparently, his somewhat-friendship with Kirlocca and his recent mission with Darex had gained their trust enough for them to put their faith in him as a candidate. To turn down the offer would be to suggest that such faith was misplaced, and regardless of whether Onderin's interpretation of the will of the Force was changing or not, he wouldn't pass this up.

The Jedi Master floated the com sphere over to his hand, presumably used so that he could sit in on council meetings from wherever he was and have a more-or-less physical presence in such meetings. "It would be my honor, Grand Master," he said, inclining his head graciously.

3C12kbA.png

Listening to her friend Darla took in deep breaths. She held them in as instructed, letting them out slowly. Really not wanted her children to feel her distress through the Force, she tried her best to calm herself. Still Darla was reluctant to reach out to the twins in the Force. It was an experience that she found unsettling.

In all her distress and confusion she hadn't thought about how her feelings would affect her Force sensitive children. Darla was so glad that Skye was there now. Her words about Darex reassured Darla somewhat, but she knew the process of dying and returning as a clone all too well. It was dangerous and one day he may not come back. Just the thought of it was too much to bear. 

The fact that she was no longer alone comforted her greatly. She really did have the best friend that she could hope for with her. As much as she loved Darex it was good to have another woman with her to help her through what she was going through. The aches, the pains, the months of vomiting, feeling her body change as life grew inside her. It was something that Skye knew all too well. 

"You really are the best friend that I could ever hope for. I remember the first time I saw you. I got hit by Force lightning and then dragged away by the Sith. Who would have thought that we would meet and become the closest of friends?" Darla smiled and there was an aura of calmness about her now. "You've helped me through my darkest times. Saved my life. I feel blessed to have you."

Darla reached out and held Skye's hand.

Her smile turned to a grimace and she clenched Skye's hand tighter. Her abdominal muscles suddenly all clenched up and tightened at once. It was the most intense pain that she had ever felt. Nearly doubling over Darla cried out and tried her best to take a deep slow breath.

Then she felt something trickle down her legs and she knew that her waters had broke. 

"Skye!" She panted "It's time!"

Rannrsig.jpg

To be a defender of justice, the Exorcist must be apart from the rest of our order. The Council will never support us, based solely on their own flawed principals. In my day, they chose to sacrifice the whole galaxy, simply because they could not see past their pride... Their own apathy nearly destroyed us all. When the Exorcists joined Revan, the Mandalorians had already taken several of the Rim systems, and had committed their genocide against the Cathar. Even in light of such a threat, the council would not be swayed...

Blood ran like a crimson river down Kyrie's hand, in which the serrated stiletto was grasped in her black-bound hand. A smile played softly across her pale face, as she watched the other Sith's eyes through his mask, shake and quiver with a nameless fear. The Sith troopers behind him took a step backwards, raising their blaster-rifles towards Kyrie, over the swirling ashes of their Sith commander. With a small sigh, she let herself fall back into the song, letting its verse guide her movements as a flurry of red blaster-bolts raced towards her.

Kyrie dove forward, guiding her body into a swift, often practiced roll, below the crimson storm, leaping behind one of the half-burned benches. She paused there for but a moment, letting the troopers fan out in a tactical flank, in two separate groups of four. Like a bird of prey, she flew from over the bench, spinning herself in midair, bolts of energy flowing about herself, the song guiding her body away from harm. She landed before the Sith warrior, her blackened vibroblade glimmering in the fire's light, stained with blood. She focused upon his indecision and fear, letting the power of the song flow into her features. In his fear-stricken mind, she became a white-cloaked figure, blue fire streaming from her eyes, the perfect Jedi, intent on his destruction.

Without a word, he turned on his heel and ran for but a moment, his cloak streaming behind him, before his will overcame her illusion, and he turned about. Kyrie shook her head slowly, and tossed the stiletto as he came about for attack, letting the song encompass the blade. The serrated stiletto embedded in his left eye, driving its tip deep within his brain. Without a sound, he dropped to his knees, and like his ally before him, his anger and hatred disintegrated his body to ashes. Just as in the dueling rings, Kyrie had little time to relish in victory, the Sith troopers recovering from their shock and unleashing another flurry of scarlet death.

Letting the song flow around herself, she let her body bend backwards, letting most of the bolts fly overhead. Kyrie gritted her teeth as pain blossomed like a desert rose upon her side, burning agony flowing over her entire side as one blasterbolt landed on its mark. She emptied her pain and anger into the song, letting it fall away from her body, like rain upon the white cliffs of the Alderaan highlands.

Her remaining stilettos leapt from her belt, called by the song, and flew through the air, whipping through the burning room, before embedding themselves in the throats of two of the Sith troopers who had fired upon her. Kyrie let her body flow into another roll, landing her behind one of the ornamental statues. She winced, feeling something tear within her side. Blood leaked slowly from the partially cauterized wound, but without a full physical, she could not tell how deep the wound truly was. With a voice, partially bound by the pain that she was trying to bleed off into the song, she called out to her master.

”œMaster, I could use some assistance...”

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

Darex smiled, both at Onderin's use of the still-strange title and his acceptance of the position. "Excellent. That holodevice will connect you with the other members of the Council. If you think of anything, feel free to contact Kirlocca or myself and we will be glad to discuss it."

He sensed that the padawan seemed uneasy. He was suddenly reminded of the joys of teaching; it had been too long since he had had a padawan of his own. It was always a good feeling to see an uneasy, insecure padawan mature into a confident, gracious Jedi Knight. He had no doubt that Elnia would become so under Onderin's teaching.

He bowed to the pair of them. "I won't hold you up. I'm sure you are eager to get on with your training, Padawan Nexma. May the Force be with you both."

He started back down the hallway from whence he had come, glad that Onderin had accepted the position. He had seen a huge growth in maturity in the Jedi Master recently, and he felt secure in his and Kirlocca's combined nomination that Starlisk step up to Jedi leadership.

As he was walking, he suddenly felt a twinge of shock, pain, and urgency emanating from Darla. His heart skipped a beat, and he quickened his pace. He hoped nothing bad had happened. But he calmed himself when he remembered that Skye was there with her. Skye will take care of her, he told himself firmly.

Nevertheless, he didn't lessen his pace. He arrived just in time to see Darla doubled over, panting and clutching Skye's arm. He immediately rushed over to her and put an arm around her shoulders to support her. "Darla, what is it? Are you...?" he exclaimed, glancing at Skye.

FDY9u6P.png

Onderin watched the other Jedi Master retreat, spending a moment in thoughtful silence before turning to his apprentice. "Let's walk," he said, then started to do so, keeping his pace pretty slow so that she could keep up with him instead of resorting to his typical long strides. He pointed himself toward the Temple, a specific sort of destination in mind if he could find one.

As he walked, he spoke. "A Jedi's life is about following the will of the Force. Now, the Force is not sentient, and it is not a god, but it does have a will," explained. "The Force values all life, it favors compassion over anger and passivity over emotion. It is all around us, and as a Miraluka you must be tremendously aware of that fact. Your reliance upon it for sight is nothing short of a gift." That was, he supposed, as long as she didn't run into any ysalamiri. No Miraluka had ever seen one of the creatures or their planet of Myrkr.

The pair entered the building, and Onderin followed the eddies and currents of the Force, looking for a room that always seemed to exist in buildings like this. The Tython Temple was relatively new, but there was always a worn room even in new structures. He continued to speak. "The Force desires mercy, not judgment, a fact that seems all too often overlooked in these days."

Finally he found the perfect room. The Force spoke of all that had transpired within it, old memories, hard work and hours of meditation. Now it was a bit worn and a bit out of the way, but still stocked with training materials which could be useful. "The Jedi Code very appropriately conveys much of what it means to be a servant of the Force; learn these words well, and in times of trouble, make yourself calm and lean on them for guidance:

"There is no emotion: there is peace.

There is no ignorance: there is knowledge.

There is no passion: there is serenity.

There is no chaos: there is harmony.

There is no death: there is the Force.

"Please say them back to me, Elnia," he instructed her.

3C12kbA.png

Skye smiled back at her friend as Darla reminisced, "Yes, who would have thought it. Though with Tares as both our Master how could we not have become close friends." Her eyes sparkled as they met those of her friend. When Darla mentioned that she had helped her through her darkest times she replied with, "And you have helped me also. You helped me with my children when their father could not be around."

... Speaking of which ... Skye felt the twins through the Force just as Darla called out after doubling over. Automatically the Healer sent a soothing wave of the Force to help Darla through the pain. She reached out to Darex through the Force, knowing he was on his way back so she didn't have to urge him to hurry.

"Skye!" She panted "It's time!"

Skye didn't get to say anything aloud as Darla grabbed hold of her hand, her grip becoming tighter as the contraction deepened. "Remember to breathe through the contractions Darla." The Healer looked up as Darex rushed into the room and hurried to Darla's side. "Just in the nick of time there Darex", her grin widened as he looked a little flustered.

"Darla, what is it? Are you...?" he exclaimed, glancing at Skye.

"Yes it's time for your twins to arrive. Help me get Darla into the living room." Since they were in the kitchenette the Healer felt that it would be easier to have Darla rest on the recliner. She motioned for Darex to help get Darla over to the chair. Before they lowered their pregnant friend onto the chair Skye moved so that she could support Darla while she sent Darex to get some sheets and towels to place on the chair first.

"It's a shame I can't have Flitter and I-Nine here to assist so you will have to be my assistant dear Father-to-be," she said with a wink. It was times like these that Skye regretted the block they had on electronics and the no fly zone here at the Temple. It would have been handy to have her droids and her portable surgery within her ship. The medical center of the temple would be too far to take Darla to with her contractions being very strong.

"Darex, I want you to send a calming welcome to your twins, keep them calm and make them feel wanted. They might resist coming out into the cold, not wanting to leave their warm environment of the womb." The Healer said as he returned with the bundle of linen. With a sheet over the recliner, they lowered the mother-to-be down onto it.

"There... How do you feel now? Let me know if you need pain relief Darla." She looked across her friend to meet her former Padawan's gaze, "I need you to breathe too Darex." Her friends were about to become parents. This was such an important and intimate time for them and Skye thought that this would only make the the bond between parents and twins stronger.

Skye's mind was racing over all contingencies and what she would need for the actual birth. She stretched out towards the medical center, touching the mind of one of the nurses there. Through the Force she made it known that she wanted two hover cribs and some other equipment brought to Darex and Darla's apartment.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Under Skye's instruction Darla took slow deep breaths with the contractions. The pain was unbearable. She lost some of her breaths to tears being unable able to focus on breathing through the pain. Skye soothed her through the Force and Darla had never been happier to have her friend at her side.

Soon Darex arrived.

"Darex!" she gasped the reached out and tightly clenched his hand. "I'm so glad that you're here."

Her pain was momentarily numbed by the joy she felt at seeing him. Skye had been right, he would be there for her. Always. She wouldn't have to do any of this alone. With Skye and Darex there she would get through the labour...

...She hoped...

With Darex's help Skye lifted Darla and carried her into the living room. What were they doing? They needed to get her to a medical centre. Darla began to panic a little. Through the Force she could feel Darex calming but also welcoming their children. She could also feel Skye's calming influence on her. Still she felt uneasy. Sheets had been lain beneath her and Darla got the impression that they weren't taking her anywhere. 

She was afraid.

Her friend offered her pain relief. Darla nodded. 

"Anything! I'll take anything for the pain!" Darla yelled out. "Skye, we're not doing it here are we?" she said through heavy breaths."Shouldn't we get to the medical centre?"

She really didn't want to give birth to her children in the living room of their apartment. Ideally she would have liked to have been onboard Serenity, the ship that she had travelled on so often with her friends that it felt like home. Also Skye pretty much had a mobile surgery there and droids that could aid her. But Darla knew that there was no chance of getting her there now. It was a days walk away and Darla couldn't even stand up with the contractions happening.

Rannrsig.jpg

Kirlocca felt strangely at peace after all was said and done. Darex would clearly handle most of the logistical stuff, as the man was always good at it. As he turned to head back out to fetch his own Owool Starfighter, he did take notice that he couldn't feel or see Kailen within the force. Hopefully, he assumed that the young girl at least found herself busy and occupied within the actual Temple somewhere. At least she was back where she belonged. Taking it as a good sign, he decided to take on the mission alone. making a quick walk out of the Temple, he made it to the spaceport of Ashla within a few minutes and picked up his fighter and took off for Coruscant.

Darex lifted Darla in his arms and held her as Skye put down the linens, then gently lowered her onto chair. Skye told him he would have to assist her with the birth, and while the thought made him nervous, he simply nodded.

Darla was already yelling for pain reliever, and Darex did not envy her. He had heard it said that childbirth was the most painful thing a woman ever went through, and he wished there was something he could do. He hated to see her in pain. But he supposed that was all part of having a baby. Or in this case two.

He consciously tried to steady his breathing and project soothing emotions into the Force as Skye had requested. But he knew he had to be doing a horrible job; it was hard to be calm and collected when he was so nervous he could barely think straight.

Letting Darla continue her death grip on his hand, his brow wrinkled with concern as he looked at Skye. "We could take her to the med center here," he managed to get out. "Or..." Wild ideas flitted through his head. "I could run back to the city and bring back the Serenity." He thought it through. If he used the Force to enhance his speed, he could probably have the ship here in a few hours.

He was visibly nervous, and forced himself to take another deep breath. He trusted Skye, and whatever she decided, he knew she would keep his wife--almost his wife--safe. His eyes met Darla's. I will not lose you, he thought fiercely.

He turned his mind back on the job that Skye had given him. Come out, little ones. It will be alright.

FDY9u6P.png

As Darla asked for pain relief, the Healer reached into her medical bag to get the hypospray. She held it against her friend's arm, the brief hiss indicated that she had administered it. The medication would spread through her friend's body rapidly, easing the pain though not causing any harm to either mother or children.

When her friend started to get upset because she wasn't being taken to the medical center, Skye let the Force surround her in a calming manner. As Darex mentioned going to the medical center as well... or running back for the Serenity even, Skye sighed inwardly at his last idea. "Both of you need to remain calm." As she said the word, she ramped up the output of soothing waves through the Force, "Darex, if you were to run for the Serenity you still wouldn't be able to bring it here. Remember what Grandmaster Kit said in his briefing regarding this Temple? The no fly zone... the electronics ban... That's why my droids are not here either. Now..." Her eyes met with those of each of her friends, "we can use this recliner as a stretcher to head to the medical center though it's possible that this being your first delivery, the twins may decide to hurry things along. On the other hand they might remain where they are until we get to the medical center. There is no way to tell what they will do as every birth is different, especially with Force sensitive children."

Again she looked between the two of them, her gaze resting on Darla. "We could attempt to go to the medical center or we can make you comfortable here. I have a medical team on their way here with the hovercribs for each twin and a stretcher for you and with a runner for anything else we may need."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"Insolent Jedi, why don't you just lie down like the others."

Xae's blue eyes shifted to a deep navy as they did when she truly brought her focus to bear, she knew that the Sith Master was trying to goad her in to a rash reaction, seeming to think that she was of this time, this place. ”œBecause Jedi don't back down from defending others, including themselves, especially from Sith scum like you.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

The sandy-haired girl watched the Force swirl around the other Jedi Master as he left the two of them in the cafeteria, her new Master sitting silently for a moment before he stood and beckoned her to follow him as they began to walk around the temple. She noticed that he kept his pace slow for her sake so she could keep up with his longer strides, it was a kindness she wasn't quite used to, but was coming to learn that it was something that was staple to a Jedi's life.

She listened as he spoke as the two of them made their way around the temple, and that was when she heard that word again - Miraluka. It was once again said as though it was supposed to hold some kind of meaning for her, something to classify and label her as a part of the species. She was too young when she was taken to even know what it was to be Miraluka. She'd never met any others of her kind before, the closest that she'd gotten was meeting Aryian's wife, Armenia, who was supposed to be half-Miraluka, and their son Aiden who was a quarter. To her they felt no different in the Force, and appeared no different than any of the other humans that she'd encountered. "Master Starlisk," she began, her voice quiet and contemplative, "how can someone be something that they know nothing about? How is it that so many identify me as 'being Miraluka' when I don't even know what it means."

He continued to speak on the Force and how the Jedi related to it's existence. "I've never heard it speak to me before," she remarked as they entered an older part of the temple. She sat down on one of the round disks in the middle of the room and looked up at Onderin as he recited the Jedi Code and bade her to repeat the words back to him, as a trained parro would do.

Ever the obedient servant, Elnia repeated the words back to her Master.

"'There is no emotion: there is peace.

There is no ignorance: there is knowledge.

There is no passion: there is serenity.

There is no chaos: there is harmony.

There is no death: there is the Force.'"

She paused for a moment to reflect on what she'd just repeated, think of the various meanings and interpretations that it could have. "So Jedi are to do away with all emotion, search for knowledge, be dispassionate, seek harmony, and not fear death? How is this the will of the Force, it sounds so...aesthetic, lonely." She looked back at him, suddenly feeling embarrassed of having questioned him so openly and so candidly. "Forgive me, Master." She hung her head for a moment before looking towards the small window that cast the sun's light into the room. "I'm only trying to better understand what it is I'm supposed to be."

It was more than just finding out what was expected of her as a Jedi, but what he expected out of her as a student, but there was still something even more to her statement than what stood on the surface, the currents of the Force were testament to an underlying mystery, and emotion, just below the surface.

fMZZcER.png

Onderin wondered at Elnia's unfamiliarity with her own species and what made them different from humans. It revealed something more about her background--not only had she been a servant all her life, but that station went so far back that she had not known others of her species. It was difficult for Onderin to comprehend how someone could be so disconnected from their people, but if she was truly new to freedom, it shouldn't have surprised him so. He resolved on the spot that he would find out where the Miraluka homeworld was (he was pretty sure it was a planet called Alpheridies) and take her there before her training was complete.

"Miraluka is your species," he told her. "The galaxy is diverse, full of all kinds of people. You are much like a human, but you have no eyes, instead seeing through the Force." He paused, still unable to put herself in her place and know how much she knew. "The fact that you use the Force for such a basic thing as sight means you are very reliant upon it, which should make it easier for you to grasp some Jedi techniques."

He transitioned smoothly. "The code governs how Jedi draw on the Force. The Sith, our oldest enemies, will draw on the Force through emotions, especially anger, fear, and aggression," he explained. "Some emotion is essential to a Jedi's life; for example, compassion. However, only when we are completely passive can we truly understand the Force's will."

The Jedi Master paused again in thought. "Think of it like this: when we empty ourselves of questions, calm our minds, and truly listen, we can hear the Force speaking to us. When we let ourselves be clouded with emotion, our natural tendency is to act on our own feelings," Onderin went on. "Don't feel bad if you don't understand just yet. Acting dispationately is something that even the most senior Master struggles with, and I myself have been learning much about it recently.

"Is everything clear?" he asked.

3C12kbA.png

Darla listened as Darex talked about running through the woods to the Serenity and bringing it back. She knew that it was crazy talk but she was moved by how much effort he was willing to go to help her. Darla loved him so much. Truly her children were lucky to have a father like him. But there was nothing that could be done about her current situation. This was where she would have her babies. On the couch in their living quarters. 

The pain killer that Skye gave her numbed her a little but it only took the edge off of the pain that she was feeling. With great effort Darla took in deep breaths and steadied herself a little.

Through the Force she could feel Darex reach out to their children. Beckoning them to come out. The babies reached back to him and Darla was shocked. For the first time she really thought of them as little people. They couldn't form words but through their tiny minds and the Force they were able to convey a feeling. A curiosity. They wanted to touch this presence that seemed so much bigger than them, so welcoming and so full of love. Their father. 

For a moment all of Darla's pain faded away. She smiled at Darex saying to him what words could not convey with that simple gesture. Then a moment later she was screaming in pain again. The twins really did want to come out. A few more deep breaths and she spoke.

"It's alright Skye. We'll stay here. I know that I'm safe with you two." she smiled.

Darla reached out a hand to each of them and clutched on. Her smile faded again as another contraction came.

"By the Force how long will this last?" 

After a minute of breathing deeply and momentarily calm again she looked to Skye. "They're coming."

Rannrsig.jpg

The connection that is forged between Master and Apprentice, in times of great struggle, is an awesome thing to behold. Together, the Master and the Apprentice, create a great light, powerful enough to drive the darkness from a world”¦The job of the master is to keep the darkness from invading the heart and mind of those most susceptible to the whisperings of the enemy”¦ When no such bond exists”¦ How quickly do the young fall”¦

Kyrie's emerald eyes flashed in the darkness as her master came to her aid, bringing with her hope and strength. The song hung about them like a ghostly web, encompassing all life, yielding to their will. A small smile flashed over her features, the pain beginning to ebb as she concentrated on the song and its beautiful power. Kyrie's black-bound hands played over the battle-worn leather that adorned the hilt of her longsword as she began to move in step to the song, long-practiced steps turning into a flurry of movement in the eyes of the Sith. Back-to-back she stood with her master, her sword weaving a pattern of glimmering, blackened steel before the advancing technobeasts and troopers, yielding her full control to the rhythm of the song.

Her master's lightsaber swept away all worry of the streaming energy pouring forth from the advancing enemies, allowing her movements to concentrate fully upon the destruction of the Sith forces. Kyrie heard a metallic snarl, and her body moved in the rhythm, turning the technobeast's lunging attack into a bitter end for the Sith abomination. The Sith trooper's shots diminished, their minds clouded by a wish to not hit their ally. She let the metallic beast fly towards her, like so many of the primal beasts she had encountered in the duelist's arena, before dropping to her knees and flattening herself backwards against the charred and bloodied cobblestones. The beast missed her entirely, but Kyrie's blade did not miss its mark. The vibrosword cut the beast from its mandible to its hind legs, with the sound of grinding metal, revealing its metallic insides, a moment before the beast landed in a heap upon the unyielding cobblestones.

With a small smile, Kyrie leapt back to her feet, using the trooper's indecision to press her advantage. She let the song guide her, her movements landing on every beat. She began to sing again, and a strange thing began to form. As she danced a blaster bolt struck her in the chest, and the song stuck in her throat, like pressure behind a breaking pipe, and then came forth all in a rush. When it did fly forth from her mouth, it sounded like a scream, but was something fully different. The song wove its power into her voice, binding it with its strength, amplifying and carrying it. With the scream, came a wave of pure fire, and it smashed into the unfortunate troopers in its wake, shattering their armor and searing flesh. The stone before her shattered, sending a wave of razor-sharp fragments of force imbued stone into the rest of the troops, sending their bodies flying in a hail of blood, fire, and crushed armor towards the eastern wall.

Kyrie dropped to her knees and gasped in pain, blood forming in crimson rivulets down her blackened tunic, pouring forth from the tear in her flesh. She glanced up, expecting to see troopers preparing to blast her into the afterlife, but she witnessed only pure flame. The bodies of the remaining Sith troopers, as well as a few of their reinforcements lay within the inferno, against the partially shattered wall. The flame cleansed the darkness from the room, driving it back into the oblivion. She closed her eyes and sighed, letting the power flow away from her with the blood from her body. She had witnessed the Sith fall to a lust for power and she wanted nothing of it. Her longsword clattered to the charred cobblestones.

Wincing in pain, she placed a black-bound hand against her chest and covered the wound, pressing against the torn flesh, closing off the pumping blood vessels. The bolt had gone clean through, tearing a gaping hole through her chest and out her back. Luckily, it hadn't torn through any vital blood vessels of organs. It wouldn't do to lose blood in a combat situation. With her other hand, she pulled the Sith's lightsaber from the whirling ashes with a gentle application of the power left in her mind and sighed as it slapped into her open palm. It was warm from the fires that had raged a moment ago through the room, and felt as though it had been cleansed of the dark corruption. She removed her hand from the wound and placed the lightsaber's emitter against the hole in her chest.

With a scream of anticipation, she triggered the lightsaber's power, and the blade ignited, the crimson blade chewing through the gaping wound, searing flesh, cauterizing it. The white-hot energy within her burned like hellfire, sending her voice into shattered, haunting, screams. She disabled the blade and let the lightsaber fall to the ground, and she out a spastic stream of coughing intermingled with cursing. She slowly struggled to her feat and reclaimed her longsword, keeping a hand over the smoking wound. Kyrie's emerald eyes fell upon a walking pair of blackened boots as they approached, and followed the legs up to the body.

There, entering the room was a group of three Jedi, the leader wearing dark green, emblazoned with the symbols of the Corellian academy, his white hair kept shaggy. Behind him walked a Miraluka, raven-haired, wearing cloaks of dark purple, and a belt of gold inlaid with crimson stones. Over her eyes, she wore a black band of cloth, tied behind her head. Beside her, walked another Jedi, a tall Anzati, dressed in dark armor with a crimson cowl about his massive shoulders. The leader spoke his voice tinged with humor and mirth. Kyrie recognized it immediately.

”œI am Il-Andon Rorek”¦ I see you two have cleared out this room of the Sith attackers”¦ Ahh”¦ You I recognize from the battle of the garden tomb. Kyrie was it? This is my wife Deirdre, and my brother in arms, Hildrek”¦ Battles still rage throughout the temple grounds...”

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

Passivity, a dispassionate existence, Master Starlisk was right, she didn't understand yet. "I think, but shouldn't being a Jedi be about acting on behalf of those that can't act for themselves?" she asked. Like how I used to be, before Helix Station.

She regarded him for a moment longer before she added, "I know understanding will come in time, but everything is so new to me. There's a lot of things that I know that I don't know. "

fMZZcER.png

Onderin thought about trying to explain it further, but realized that words alone could not impart to Elnia what it meant to be a Jedi Knight. Only the understanding granted by the Force itself could do that. "In time, you'll understand," he assured her. "It's good that you understand how much you have to learn, for it will keep you earnestly seeking that knowledge."

The Jedi Master stretched out with the Force, feeling again the echoes in the Force that filled the room. Satisfied, he sat down, cross-legged, on the floor, and indicated for Elnia to do the same. "Let me feel you touch the Force," he instructed her. "Reach into the core of yourself, listen deeper than the sound of the room, even behind the background noise. When you find a current, touch it, let it engulf you."

He extended himself in the Force to surround his student. He could help her find the Force the first time if he needed to do so. Sometimes, taking that first step was the most difficult thing, but from that point it would come sooner. However, it could be totally different for a Miraluka like Elnia. She already used the Force constantly just to see, and perhaps drawing on it was second nature to her.

3C12kbA.png

Skye spoke the words that he knew were correct, but it didn't calm his urge to do whatever was needed to make sure this birth went through as easily and safely as possible. However, he forced himself to take a deep breath, and reached to the Force for calm. But it was Darla, almost ironically, who did the most to calm him. She didn't speak, but gave him a look so full of love and hope that he suddenly felt he could take on any threat in the galaxy.

Then she was screaming again, and Darex gripped her hand tightly. "Not much longer now, Darla. You'll be alright. They're almost here. It's almost over."

He kept up a steady stream of encouragement, both through his voice and through the Force, directed at both mother and babies. Darla's contractions began to come about every thirty seconds, and after another moment, the healer adepts arrived from the medical bay, bringing with them what equipment they could, ready to assist Skye in any way.

Darex was encouraged by the extra sets of hands and eyes available. He felt like he was going to burst apart at the seams out of sheer nerves, but he forced himself to stay by Darla's side. Skye would let him know if there was anything else he could do.

FDY9u6P.png