Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

While she was sitting in the Dining Hall in a half meditative state, Adenna felt something familiar. At first, it was faint and she couldn't quite pick out where she knew it from, but over a few minutes, it grew stronger. When she recognized it as Kirlocca, the Wookiee she had fought with on the Death Star, her eyes flew open. She thought he had been still fighting, but the battle must have been over and he had returned.

This excited her as she wanted to know what had happened. She had tried to catch bits and pieces of what was going on while here, but she needed to attend to her own body and the wounds it received. With him back, he would be able to tell her what had happened. She dearly hoped the Republic had won, the thought of a Galaxy controlled by the evil Empire sent chills up her back.

Immediately after she identified his presence, she got up and returned her tray so she could head toward it. As she was walking in the direction she sensed him as being, some other, more disturbing thoughts came to her mind. How did he get here without my sensing his approach? she thought. At first, she wondered if her slow picking up of his presence was because he was at a greater distance coming in by shuttle, but upon reflection, that isn't what she thought happened. It just didn't make sense because she had felt the faint presence in one spot grow stronger, one a presence moving toward her growing stronger.

It made no sense, neither did the fact that he was sensing him in a previously unexplored section of the Temple. She had explored most of the Temple, but had never gotten around to this part. As she headed down to this strange location, she felt his presence move like normal. He was clearly heading away from her so she felt she needed to follow.

Her path came into the area where she thought she had sensed him previously. When she arrived, she saw something that scared her down to her core. All around were tanks filled with liquid that held bodies. To make things more confusing and scary, some of them appeared to be the same. It was a shock since Adenna had no idea what these were or why they were here. With a very cold feeling settling in her gut, she literally ran out of the room trying to find Kirlocca.

Running didn't help her side much. Even though it had been mostly healed up, it wasn't 100%. She had to slow down fairly quickly because she feared causing more damage from her rapid pace. Instead of running, she walked as rapidly as she could in the direction she felt Kirlocca.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

It was almost on cue that he could feel Adenna moving towards him. He wondered how she had fared since they last saw each other. Granted, it wasn't long ago that they had even seen each other. He turned around to see her approaching him with some speed. For the most part, her body looked as if it had healed up correctly. Her body looked tense, almost worried about something, yet her emotions at seeing him peaked to a point of excitement. The two were different for a reason. He wondered what she had seen or heard, or maybe even felt to make her so tense.

<< Adenna! >>

41D didn't translate for him, so it only came out as a howl, but he followed up with a hug to her so that she would know it was his excitement to see her well and away from the battle. He also took special note not to fully embrace her, as she might still might be injured from the recent battle.

Adenna's cheeks reddened as the giant Wookiee wrapped his hairy arms around her in a loose hug. She definitely didn't expect that sort of reception from a Jedi Master whose powers made hers look like a candle compared to a star. Somehow, she pictured the higher ranking Jedi to be a lot more stoic than this, but it didn't discomfort her. Normally, being embraced by a Wookiee would send her into near panic as they were known for being fierce in combat, but she could sense his lack of hostility and even warmth through the Force.

When he released her, she did a quick once over of him to see if he had been injured. A bandage on his furry body would stand out quite significantly, but she saw none and breathed a small sigh of relief. "Master Kirlocca, is the battle over? Did we win? Where is Grandmaster Fitt and the other Jedi?" She feared that if the battle was over and Kirlocca was back, there may be a very bad reason for why they didn't return with him. She temporarily forgot about the floating bodies below in the urgency to hear news from the battle.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Zakra was slightly taken back by the question. He never thought it would be up to him to actually decide what he was trained in and when. Looking down at his feet for a moment as he tried to figure out what he really wanted. On the one hand, a lightsaber was a symbol of the Jedi Order and in the recent days were the backbone of the Order. Those without knowledge or training normally died fast in the war that consumed the galaxy. However, study of the Force itself was something that always intrigued him, as even now their Grandmaster was a consular, and apparently a very strong one. Knowledge of the Force granted much insight and wisdom. Which one would be best for him? Looking up at his master, he hesitated.

"A lightsaber is the mark of a Jedi and the Order upon which he defends; However, knowledge of the Force and being able to control such power should always come first. I feel it would only be right to have Force training come first."

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Inside the temple Trushaun happened to notice a female healing her old friend Adenna. Something sparked at the sight of this Knight. The Force was speaking to her.

"Follow the one named Xae-Lin"

She took it that the older one was Xae-Lin. Hiding she followed the human to her ship and stole away on it. Trying to hide carefully, at least physically. She hadn't learned how to hide her Force Signature yet.

(sorry, not much to work with here.)

Trushauncopy3.png

She only took a moment to ponder his offer carefully before answering. "I feel more connected to the Force through nature anyway," the young Miraluka declared before adding thoughtfully, "Doesn't the Force run through everyone and everything, binding us together? Aryian explained that if it didn't, I wouldn't be able to see the way that I do.

"As far as what I've been taught or what experiences I've had..." her voice grew quiet as she paused, remembering the reasons for her all to brief training with the Jedi Master. Memories of both her teacher and Cade came flooding back, suddenly making her feel lost and alone again. She'd relied heavily on her fellow Padawan's skills as a Mandalorian and his own knowledge of the galaxy, a galaxy that was still so new to her. On rare ocassions, she'd been able to feel other's knowledge, or at least their basic general knowledge of a subject, so that she could slowly learn what the rest of the galaxy took for granted as basic knowledge.

She dearly missed her friend and wondered where in the galaxy he'd been called.

"I've only seen part of the forging process for a lightsaber; Aryian gave me this one," she resumed after a while, holding out her deep olive-green bladed lightsaber, also remembering the near-disaster her first training session was. That was the first time that Cade had come to her rescue, and the first time she'd ever fought in her life. Elnia hadn't been comfortable with taking a life, even if it was that of a training droid, at the time and it wasn't something that she was ready to face again if she could help it. Part of her did know, however that it was still necessary training to become Jedi, as part of that role was one of protector and defender.

"We did learn some basic meditation though," she concluded. Had she been aware of her own talents or ever able to identify what she already knew about herself, she would have also included her ability to track people through Force echos (as she'd done to find Aryian on the massive Helix station), her uncanny ability to detect the truthfulness of most people, and her own empathic nature.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

"Yes Elnia, the force does run through everyone and everything, binding us together, but with that pertinent mantra running through every Jedi's skull, do they ever really focus on what it means?" Roene said with a little bit of a rise in his voice and a scholarly ring to his voice.

"It is harder to decipher than you might think and many historians, Jedi and scholar alike have tried to delve into the mysteries of the force, but I, having had this particular line read to me by my Master - who is consequently now the Grandmaster of our Order - Kitt Fitt, have taken the statement and tried to conjure my own meanings to it and the force in general. Not that these are much different than the order itself or are of any paramount scholastic basis, but I feel it is best to try and see things in your own way some times." Roene orated, leaving his hands to move where they may as he felt like an old teacher just rambling on with old stories and anecdotes.

After his little speech though, his movement slowed and his attention rested on the weapon that Elnia had bequeathed to him for a moment or two. He had seen it on her before, but was debating whether or not it was something else. However, the light saber seemed awkward in her hands; the hilt seemed more of weight then of substance and the weapon itself seemed to detach itself from her. This didn't erase the fact that emotions on the surface of Elnia's consciousness wanted to keep the light saber as a memory of her former master, but certain things would need to be taught before she'd be able to use it, even at a disadvantage.

"However, that is news for another time, I am a little curious about... This" Roene paused, looking at the light saber in her hands once more and pondering deeply about its purpose. " I am a bit surprised that you have it; as highly renowned a master as Aryian, I am slightly suspicious of him giving you a light saber so early in your training especially when such a weapon garners knightly experience amongst the Jedi. Knowing that you have one though makes practice with a real one a bit easier, even if you don't seem harmonized with the blade itself." Roene posited, going on in his scholarly voice, sounding a little older then his current age of 19. Even his platinum white hair stood in stark contrast to his bright young age, but he supposed that acting older would help give the young woman a better impression. He wasn't sure though and since he wasn't a common practitioner of training Jedi padawans, he had a lot of time to practice.

"I suspect he gave it to you for protection before his sacrifice to let you live, which is as good a reason as any and more then enough for me to let you to continue wielding it, especially since, according to your recollection, you aren't very keen to the idea of fighting, which is a virtue we share." Roene said with a warm smile brightening up his slightly moderate complexion, bringing a wispy cloud like nature to the tufts of hair he had for eyebrows and his now full beard. It wasn't long enough to constitute a lack of upkeep, but still maintained its form.

"I-..." Roene's concentration broke for a moment as a warm echo stood poised on the edge of his consciousness. It dwindled in intensity as it moved through his thoughts, but Roene could tell of its presence through the force.

"I sense a disturbance in the force." Roene said echoing a cliched tradition of Jedi catchphrases throughout the years.

The Jedi Knight moved a few paces back and forth and tried to triangulate where the signal was coming from and why it was so familiar.

Then, when he least expected it, the sensations barreled into his head, cascading like written words in the forefront of his mind.

Oh, Master Kitt? On Tython? What does he need?

Roene's face contorted slightly at the news and although he knew his business was with Elnia... Wait. All jedi?

Roene double-took for a moment and looked straight at Elnia with a smile. "Elnia, it is time for us to depart. You may have felt the vague echo of a call through the force just now; well, it is much more than that and if you probe once more at it, you will notice that its presence is growing. It seems my former master is sending a beacon to all the Jedi and the signal originates from Tython, which historically, is the ancient spot where the Jedi Order was born years ago. What he plans to do there, I have no idea, but I am concerned all the same."

Then, after a few moments of gathering his things, he quickly summoned Elnia and started running through the woods toward the edge. He tried to make sure Elnia was okay from time to time though, by checking with her every now and then and picking her up if she fell down. Running at any speed made regular communication difficult so, since Roene had more to tell her, he thought communicating telepathically the rest of the way would be ideal, even if it did freak her out.

I am aware you accepted my teaching and I will teach you; it is a call from the grandmaster that I must answer, but I will teach you. I would also like you to accompany me in communication with my former master so that I may take knowledge of your safety and whereabouts; that, and with Kitt being the Grandmaster, you might learn a thing or two from him.

Roene voiced softly through a telepathic channel at Elnia, hoping it wouldn't freak her out too much this time. He was finally reaching the edge of the forest and working his way across the grasslands to the docking platform,when he decided to try something.

He could tell, due to her fall from earlier and no doubt her stumbling through the woods that Elnia was a little less than light on her feet sometimes, so Roene stopped for a moment, taking care once more to catch Elnia if she fell down and offered her a ride on his back.

It will be a little risky, yes, but if you sit up there nice and tight, and grab a hold of my shoulders, we should be able to get to the docking platform quickly.

Edited by Guest
NvFYuwm.png

Sanj smiled at Zakra's surprise. The boy would learn over time Sanj was unlike other masters. He believed that decision making was something a Jedi would have to learn quickly. Better to learn it while under the guidance of a master than on your own as a Knight.

"A very wise decision, though neither would be considered wrong. These are troubling times, my apprentice and though it is important to be able to stand against an enemy it is equally important to know what you fight for and to not... fall... if you happen to be fighting... them..." Sanj stated unable to say the words 'Sith' and 'the dark side' too many bad memories... " He continued, "Well then, let's begin your training. Please follow me."

The Knight left the cafeteria and started walking through the halls of the majestic temple. He had never spent much time here and the one time he had been in the temple was over 7 years ago. Oh how time flies when you are moping around feeling guilty about every damn bad thing that happened in your life. No. You know none of it was your fault. Forget about Haruun Kal. The past is the bloody past! Sanj let out an internal sigh of relief. Maybe he had finally come to acceptance to what happened. Only time would tell if he was right about that, though.

The more the knight looked around the more he was impressed. It was far more beautiful that Haruun Kal I said it without flash backs. Sanj: 1, Mind: 57. I might finally be catching up to that mind of his. After a minute or so of walking he approached a training room and signaled for his padawan to enter.

Sanj smiled, he finally had a padawan.

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Dashel was away from the infirmary when Master Kirlocca rose from the table. After his stint in the infirmary, sleep had called. That he had not been awakened through the night due to a change in either of his self-assumed charges was a minor miracle.

What had finally awoken him turned out to be a summons from Kala, whom had been updating and repairing the GlassTiger since the battle with Faust. What he found actually disturbed the new found peace he had recently earned.

"No, Kala," said Dashel, "the new changes do not please me at all. Since when do Jedi need a ship that resembles a Sith warship?"

He should have remembered the boot. Boots hurt a lot, and having them kicked at you by a Jedi-hunting HRD meant that the boots had a better than average chance of connecting. In fact before Dashel moved to block the first one, the second one was moving towards him at a pace that would probably break his neck.

It never arrived. Sith created HRD's might be fast, but a Jedi had the force and Dashel allowed the force to flow, fill him up and guide his next actions.

The next 30 seconds were busy ones, with Dashel and Kala basically fighting on the Tarmac next to the GrassTiger, up its extended boarding ramp and into the ship itself.

Things became quickly ridiculous when she landed near a weapons rack and pick up his twin hook swords and charged. Dashel blinked once, raised his hand and telekinetically tossed the Droid out the boarding ramp, across the width of the Tarmac and into the hull of somone else's cargo freighter.

Kala, shrieking, rose to her feet and charged.

Dashel winced, raised his hand and attempted to repeat his earlier telekinetic feet. Kala, was clearly prepared for him. She grabbed a technician, bodily hauled the man in front and ran towards Dashel.

From the weapons rack, he levitated a staff towards him and prepared to do battle with a droid clearly gone crazy. She had always been part of his training before, but why this and why now?

Raising the staff to protect himself, Dashel looked up to see a small cannon descend from inside the boarding area, rotate towards a charging Kala, and discharge.

The sonic charge that erupted from the AP turret knocked both Kala and the man off balance. Dashel, silently thanking whom or whatever had fired the AP turret, leaped from the entrance of his own ship and landed beside the prone Droid.

He stopped when he realized the Droid had been completely immobilized, except for her eyes. Eyes that he noticed for the first time, clearly showed something completely wrong with his assistant. It was his old astromech droid that solved the problem as to why Kala had simply gone nuts. Beeping, Hooting and Screeching for all its worth, the old R2 unit had come charging from the ship, saying only that Kala needed to be healed.

Dashel, confused and sore, decided to calm everything down as much as possible so he could understand what was going on.

The R2, even as it was dragging Kala back to the ship, was finally calm enough to let him know exactly what was going on. It seemed that Kala had been working in the weapons bay when she had tripped a fuse/circuit breaker combination and gotten a massive shock. That shock in turn had corrupted a behavior limiting circuit that had sparked both the new upgrades to his ship and her violent behavior.

"No," said Dashel, " I do not want her online on soon as possible again. You and I are going to discuss some things about her, where you got the programming for her, and you felt it necessary to provide me with a former Sith created, Jedi hunting HRD. Unitl then, get her repaired and leave her offline."

With that, Dashel walked back to the Jedi temple. Many Jedi were gathered there and Dashel felt the need to eat a meal among his fellow Jedi. Besides, he had heard a rumor that said Master Kirlocca was there and he wanted to meet the legendary Wookie. Even Jedi had their legends and meeting a live one was something few got to do.

Kirlocca found himself struggling to find the right words to say to Adenna about the battle. He felt like she needed to hear something good came from it, but the truth was, nothing really did. The Jedi were pushed out of the battle, and they lost the Helix Station. Allowing some time pass between them before he responded, he had to be careful with his words.

<< Truth is, the battle is still going. I am here as a result of the Jedi being pushed out of the battle and losing the Helix Station. Had the medical staff not taken you when they did... your life may have been lost. >>

He could feel so many in the Force at the moment draw a curiosity to what he had felt moments earlier that he now knew it was something within the Force calling the Jedi home. Why Tython would be home was beyond him. But then again, the Force did work in mysterious ways.

Elnia took the lightsaber back from her new teacher, remembering those hard lessons once again. The memories sparked a reminder of another question that she had regarding what had been called "cloning", and how it pertained to certain members of the Jedi Order. She was curious since she hadn't been taught much about such things, and because social graces hadn't exactly been part of her lesson plans growing up, she spoke her mind openly about the unanswered questions swirling in her young mind.

"On Phu, Aryian's wife appeared, even though I'd felt her death myself on Borialis, Aryian's too. She said something about Jedi making copies of themselves when they died. I know that we're all connected through the Force, but how is it that the copies at least appear to have had the same experiences and memories of the person that they replace? Is their Force spirit what retains those memories? Is that what attaches to the copied body?" She paused for a moment and let her voice catch up to her brain processes as her natural curiosity took over. "Is the Force and our own conciousness with in it what some people call the soul?"

She didn't get her response, for Roene's mind was elsewhere momentarily, as he was responding to a call to re-join his old master. She quieted and listened too, and was suprised to find that if she concentrated hard enough she could vaguely feel it's brush as well, though she wasn't able to hear it as Roene did. Luckily, her teacher clarified for her vocally as he processed the message for her benefit.

She nodded and when he'd signaled their need to depart, she rose to follow him.

The forest floor was littered with the usual arboreal debris and that, combinded with the uneven ground coupled with the occasional jutting root, made it difficult for the young Miraluka girl to keep up with her longer-legged teacher. She stumbled more than a few times, falling once or twice, but each time she fell, Roene was there to help her up.

Finally after about the third or fourth time she fell, he offered to have her ride on his back. If it would get them to where they needed to be faster, it was okay with her. She nodded her assent.

The whole time they'd been running through the forest, he'd been speaking to her through the Force, and it was something that she'd gradually gotten used to, and even now as they sped towards the hangar, she felt something she hadn't really ever felt before - excitement at the possiblities her own future held.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Adenna frowned at what Kirlocca's translator droid said. It appeared he was saying that the Helix station was destroyed. That was a great shame and a moment of loss pierced her heart. She had explored the station and ran into some interesting people there. It was a great shame that it had been destroyed.

She was confused about how Kirlocca had managed to be here. She figured the Jedi were forced to retreat which made sense, but she didn't feel the Wookiee approach the system like she would had he come by shuttle. She hesitated to say anything since a nagging part of her mind told her that she should know how or that it was simply her own senses that were flawed and unable to sense his approach. Her parents told her to never be afraid of admitting when she didn't know something when among friends, so she decided to use that advice. "I didn't sense you approach by shuttle, but just sensed you deep in the Tempe. How did you get here?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Lobo had been camping outside the Jedi Temple for days now. It was inconceivable that they were ignoring him. Lobo had to assume he just wasn't shouting loud enough.

Jedi are always giving long speeches about the Force, peace, and all that crap. They're probably a little hard of hearing.

Lobo pounded on the front door again,

"Hey, open up! There's a whole bunch of injured unicorns out here or whatever!"

Lobo's name is Khundian for "He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

Kirlocca was confused for a full second before he realized that not everyone knew about cloning themselves. He then realized how awkward it could become by addressing the issues to casually, so it thought through some of what he wanted to tell her first.

<< Death can be a very natural part of life Adenna, that some prepare for it in advance by having themselves cloned. The purpose of this is to live on through a bad battle or situation. I have appeared to you through the Force within the Temple instead of through a slow approach of a shuttle because I have cloned myself, allowing for me to appear within the Jedi Temple whenever I may come to an end. >>

He stopped right there because he knew she would have questions that he would have to answer for her. He would have thought her master would have done so, but it could be that he simply did not have time to do so, as the battle may have come up very quickly upon them both that there was no real time to train her. It would also explain why she didn't have survival skills on the Death Star. I may have to teach her some lightsaber skills myself.

The voice in his thoughts had started out as a quiet whisper that seemed to be just at the edge of hearing. The closer he got to the Temple, the stronger and clearer did the whisper become, until Dashel could fully understand the message and its importance to the Jedi.

He decided that there would be plenty of time for him to meet other Jedi on Tython and abruptly reversed course. Into his commlink, he notified the field of his need to disembark the planet immediately.

He ordered the immediate loading of his Starship, GrassTiger with Kari Kohls inert form, a portable bacta unit, and enough bacta for them to reach Tython. Armenia would have been loaded into the GrassTiger too, but he had recieved a comm from Aryian about how her treatment. It seemed that Armenia was going to be moved to a private facility for care.

When he returned to field where his ship was already cold started, he boarded and headed to the command pod of the vessel. The droids, including Kala, already had the vehicle started.

A half dozen different astromech messages quickly answered how the little droids had gotten the ships avatar fully back on line. Somehow, between the two blasts from the hyperdrive and the interior defense weaponry had forced a hard reset of the droids systems, allowing internal security protocols and repair programs to correct her operating system.

Dashel quickly launched, flying past the Jedi temple one more time, using its known position as one last check of the GrassTiger's repaired systems. Seeing that everything seemed to be in complete order, he moved the ship to a safe altitude, pointed its nose at the sky, and engaged the main sub-light drive.

The GrassTiger moved smoothly to the destination point its hyperspace computer had calculated, and quickly departed by an extremely long, complicated, disguised, and well-covered route to what its flight plan said was the world of Ilum.

Cloning? Adenna thought. What Kirlocca said to her was a complete shock. She had no idea such a thing could be done. Sure, she knew that cloning was around and all, but she didn't know people could be themselves from a clone. At first, she thought that Kirlocca was not really himself, but she quickly dismissed that idea because he clearly remembered her and they had only recently met. If he had used flash memory to create a clone copy, it wouldn't have the recent memories. Plus, through her senses, he had the same aura of the Force around him that he had before.

It was a truly strange concept. She supposed that explanation answered the questions she had about the odd bodies she had seen. She would definitely have to do some more research about cloning when she had the chance. Already, she felt guilty for taking up Kirlocca's time. He was an important Master who had better things to do than simply answer mundane questions from apprentices.

She was about to let him go, but then she remembered the lightsaber she was carrying around on her belt. She unclipped it and offered it to the Wookiee. "This was taken from the Temple stores for the battle and isn't mine. I want to give it back until I earn the right to carry a lightsaber.

"My teacher, Dahar Raikanda was among those who joined the battle and I haven't heard anything from him so I hope he is still fighting. When he gets back, he will work with me more on my lightsaber skills so I will know better how to fight. I know I need a lot more practice if I am ever going to be any good to the Jedi Order."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

With Elnia's consent, the Jedi Knight waited until she was comfortably adjusted on his back, grabbing onto his shoulders. Then he set his feet on the ground of the meadow bordering the woods they had just left... and...

CRACKA - KOOOM!!!

A strike of thunderous sound punctured the silence and tranquility of the environment that Roene and Elnia had just been in. He could feel a surge of energy pour through him as Roene's feet shot out at an accelerated rate, pushing away from the ground nimbly as he sped through the force, making sure with a thoughtful application of telekinesis, that Elnia didn't fly off.

Wind blew passed his face with reckless abandon and his lips were peeling back due to the thrust of his stride, but everything in the force remained clear in his eyes, as if time had slowed. He could see where things were, so avoiding crashes was simple enough and in the end he managed to get the two of them all the way to the docking platform in a manner of a few minutes.

When they arrived at the ship that Roene had been using for the past few days, he stopped his sudden stride and dug firmly into the ground, displacing a significant amount of his kinetic energy outside of his body to compress the speed at which he was running and effectively dissipate the momentum without too much damage being done to either driver or passenger. There was still a little jolt though and the Cerean's balance was a little shaky at first, but Roene managed to even his stance out and get Elnia comfortably off his back with minimal issues.

Roene's white hair was a little wild cloud and his clothes were a little, winded, as it were, so he took a few moments to brush himself off and opened up the entrance hatch to the shuttle, getting a few welcoming barks from his loyal companion Tyue.

Seeing it of interest that Elnia hadn't heard of Roene's traveling companion, Roene told her about how he met and befriended Tyue on Tython. That was where he helped his mother out in a beneficial way and since the pup took a liking to the Cerean, his mother was comfortable with letting him go. In the meantime, Roene checked to make sure Elnia made it into the shuttle alright and was buckled in before he began the pre-flight check and eventual lift off towards Tython. Tyue, occupied in his own thoughts for a little while, eventually took notice of the other one in the shuttle's cabin and began nibbling playfully at her toes; he wasn't used to seeing bare feet, but they still smelled similar to the shoes he loved so much to play with.

((Feel free to post in the space thread on our way if you want. Elnia and Roene can talk more on the planet's surface, but I figured you might still want your question answered before we land.))

NvFYuwm.png

Misal Draygo had stopped keeping track of the time since her daughter's incapacitation long ago. All she had known of the Jedi Temple since Faust's retreat was the walls of the sickbay””specifically, a section of floor approximately three meters squared in area in which she meditated. Aside from the very occasional break for sustenance or hygiene, that had been her home, and an uncomfortable one it had been. Uncertainty here was maddening””the Force offered no clues when or if Armiena would recover, so the Miraluka had thrown caution to the wind and abandoned her duties until her little girl woke up and demanded to be freed of the homeostatic capsule in which her body was suspended.

And that was exactly what Armiena would have done. The homeostatic capsule was in effect a glassine prison””even more cramped than a bacta tank””just large enough to admit a being of human-sized frame. At the moment, it was filled only with a thick, translucent fluid””not bacta, but a liquid that would support her form without the injuries that tended to arise in comatose patients that were confined to bed for prolonged periods of time.

Finally, there was a flicker in the Force. It was a subtle one, only the difference between a state of vegetation and the unconsciousness of much-needed sleep, but it was one that Misal recognized”¦ as well as the Jedi on duty in the sick bay. One of the acolytes, a woman that was almost young enough to be Armiena's daughter, entered the private ward and moved towards the controls of the homeostatic capsule.

Misal instantly stood and approached the woman, joints creaking with the effort. A glance of acknowledgement; the Jedi began to say something that was supposed to reassure her. The Miraluka seized the girl's collar with grey-leather gloved hands and yanked her face forward.

”œIf you have any sense, any mercy, you'll let my daughter rest. Leave and I'll summon you when my daughter is ready to face you people again.”

drayyy.png

Kirlocca studied the lightsaber hilt offered to him for a second as he processed what exactly Adenna was doing. Her words seemed to hint at frustration for lack of skills. There was also a hint that she felt like she was wasting his time. A smile came to the Jedi Master's face upon such a thought. No Jedi, no matter the rank should feel that they are wasting a Jedi Master's time.

<< Adenna, never feel like you are a bother for longing to learn something. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. It's apart of our code to seek out what knowledge that we can. >>

Kirlocca then placed his paw upon the hilt and Adenna's hand, pushing the hilt back towards her body. As he did that, he also moved his other paw around her shoulder and began to lead her towards a training room.

<< And in seeking knowledge, your own master would not be upset if someone else taught you how to use a Lightsaber, let alone one who has taught it to many padawans before. >>

Kirlocca let his words hang out there for Adenna to come to her own conclusion of what the Wookiee planned to do.

((Going to move things on a little bit to help expedite our journey to Tython.))

Adenna blinked a few times when Kirlocca didn't accept the offered lightsaber. She hadn't expected him to refuse it, much less to start gently pushing her toward the training rooms. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he was offering to teach her some and only a complete fool would turn down the opportunity to learn from one of the preeminent saber artists in the Jedi Order.

She didn't say anything but nodded in compliance and started walking along side the Wookiee. When they arrived, the giant began to show her new techniques and styles beyond the basic training she had received from her teacher, Dahar. Though it was just a single session, it helped Adenna learn exercises to practice on her own. The Wookiee's style was very different than Dahar's and widely broadened her scope of experience and forced her to contemplate lightsaber dueling from a different light. Though it was just a lesson, Adenna saw many ways in which she could work on her own to improve her skills so that when Dahar returned and continued her training, she would be able to understand and apply what he was teaching far better than she had before.

While they were practicing, she kept getting a nagging feeling that seemed to tickle the back of her mind. She assumed it was simply part of the training or maybe something that Kirlocca was doing to her to subliminally help her learn things more efficiently, so she ignored it. It was only after they stopped that she realized it was still there. Without her focus being put onto parries and strikes, she was able to get a better sense of it. Even then, she was still not sure what it was.

When they were finished, she asked the Jedi Master. "I keep getting a sense of something in the back of my mind, but I am not sure what it is. Is there any way you can help me?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

His Master lead him into a large room with open space. Zakra took a moment to study it's every design. It was spacious enough to house a few younger Jedi in it, as he did spend some time within this room for lectures not long ago. He finally let his eyes rest upon his Master, Sanj. His posture was different from most Jedi Masters that he encountered within the Jedi temple. It was almost as if he was a bit more carefree than the others. It made him wonder why. However, his focus was slowly being interrupted as something within the Force was growing on him. Hesitating, he spoke to Sanj.

"Master, what is that feeling that I'm feeling? Is it apart of my training?"

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Sanj felt a strange sensation sweep over his mind, it was as if he longed to go... home. Home? His home had been destroyed along with the rest of his planet... no... This was a deeper kind of home... The home of his people... The home of the Jedi... Tython... The Sentinel was so distracted he almost didn't hear Zakra's question.

"No... this... this is not normal... I have never felt anything like this before. Follow me, we are going to my ship and from there, we go to Tython. The home planet of the Jedi. Maybe there we can figure out what the hell is going on...

With Zakra following, Sanj made his way to the loading bay. Sanj smiled, had he not been a Jedi it would have taken him a while to find his ship among the many other ones. Luckily, doe to his connection to the force, he was able to find it within a matter of seconds.

The Knight proceeded to step into his ship, make his way to the cockpit and enter Tython's coordinates. From there it was a brief wait to exit Gala's atmosphere and enter hyperspace. Home... I am going home...

((Hey little boy, I got some candy in my ship if you wanna have any. ))

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Kirlocca kept his eyes upon Adenna as she trained. She was always focused, minus for a small lagging part of her mind would wander, but only short term until it returned. He knew why her mind wandered, as he could feel it as well. As they finished, she didn't waste time by quickly asking about it. He could admire that about her. Allowing a smile to come to his face, he knew that she would make a great Jedi Knight in the future.

<< It is the Force that you feel. It's calling those within the Light Side back home. >>

What it meant by home was left unanswered, so he left it unanswered as well. He wouldn't bother telling her something that he didn't understand. Tython, the planet that it echoed off was where the Jedi were first founded, as was the Force. Home for the Force and the Jedi Order... maybe the call was deeper then what he could feel. Knowing full well that Adenna might still have questions about it, he quickly spoke up to keep her focused on the task at hand.

<< You will gather what Jedi hopefuls and younglings and padawans are within the Jedi Temple here and have a pilot take you to Ashla on Tython. From there, the Force will guide you towards the call. >>

He would wait behind to make sure that everyone else knew that the Jedi were to make their way to Tython. Why, he couldn't answer, but he knew that something in the Force wanted him to linger until everyone was off.

As soon as Master Kirlocca had given her his instructions, Adenna's face paled. It wasn't the work behind gathering everyone, it was more the thought of trying to exert authority over them that she didn't feel she had. She had always been passive, willing to follow rather than lead for that was how she was raised. It was a daunting thought to be responsible for rallying the dozens of other Jedi many of whom were of her own rank and probably had significantly more experience and training than she.

Other than paling a little, she didn't let her face betray any emotions. A second thought entered her mind that perhaps this discomfort was exactly what the Wookiee wanted and was using it as a test for her. If so, she wasn't going to fail him in this even if it was uncomfortable. Besides, if anyone questioned her right to take charge, she would simply say she was operating was under Master Kirlocca's orders.

With that knowledge firmly in her mind, she bowed and quickly exited the training room. Before she was able to get anything done, she need to take a show and clean up. Working for hours with a lightsaber was exhausting and left her sweaty and her hair a mess. Nobody would listen to her as she was.

A quick trip back to her quarters to shower and put on clean, brown robes and she was out and on her way. She really didn't know where to go first, but figured she would need the support of any of the other Masters or Knights in the area first to help corral people. She also knew there was a lot of supplies and other work that needed to be loaded if they were moving from the Temple. Adenna really hoped that some of the other Masters would know what to do about that since she had no clue.

She went first to the room where all the communications went through. She didn't figure that whoever or whatever was sending the feeling through the Force would want that news being transmitted through traditional means since they didn't transmit the orders themselves, but she knew other things would be needed. She needed to figure a way to get some of the Masters and Knights together and begin the process of rounding up everyone and packing to leave. Shuttles had to be summoned and transports were needed to move the supplies.

Her arm was doing much better, but it had gone from hurting to itching as the new skin was still fresh and soft. Her stomach was another problem, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. Training with Master Kirlocca had sometimes hurt and hurt quite a bit, but she didn't let that stop her. If she was going to be in combat some time, she needed to be able to stand pain and still function. While showering, she had noticed that it had seeped some plasma and a tiny bit of blood which couldn't be good things. Sometime after she got things started, she was going to have to go back to the medical ward to get the bandages changed out again and put some bacta on the wound to fix the damage she had done to it.

For now, that was in the back of her mind. She was worried about how the Masters would take having orders relayed to them through a junior Padawan. In the communications room, she explained her mission to a non-Jedi officer who nodded with understanding. He had been there quite a bit longer than she had and knew how to get things going.

It took the better part of an hour, but at the end of it, Adenna had managed to spread the word both over comm to those in the Temple and face to face that the Jedi needed to pack up. To her surprise, the Masters and most of the Knights nodded in understanding even before she explained where the orders had come from. Like Kirlocca, they had sensed and divined the nature of the Force call themselves. Some had already packed their things and directed their Padawans to do the same, but there were a few Padawans whose teachers were away and a larger number of younglings and Hopefuls who had no teachers.

With their help, the Jedi old and young were mobilizing. Adenna really didn't have that much work to do herself because as soon as the Masters and Knights had heard, they took charge and got things moving. Adenna took the time to go to the medical bay and get her side treated again. After receiving a stern reproach from the med droid, she left and went to make sure the few things she had were packed. It didn't take long to get all that was given to her or that she owned into a single carryall and a smaller side bag. She never had much to begin with and the Order had only given her what was needed to survive. She didn't complain: she had a better life than most of the people she knew back home.

For the rest of the day and the next, people went about getting ready to leave. It was an arduous process, even with droids to help do the heavy lifting. People were running around everywhere packing some things up for storage and others up to take with them. The Jedi's fleet of freighters and transports were loaded with both supplies and personnel and departed one by one. The fighters, those that weren't sent to fight over the Death Star, were loaded and used by the Knights and more senior Padawans for their own transport to both move the ships and free up space elsewhere.

Everything of importance was loaded up and taken with them. Even though she now knew what they were, seeing the various cloning tanks being loaded into the largest bulk freighter sent tingles up and down Adenna's spine. Other things like the Library database were much easier to move. Food, clothing, weapons, and medical supplies were also loaded, though some of them were left in deep storage. There was a lot of things in the Temple that had to be moved, more than Adenna imagined. Despite that, the staff, various Jedi, and droids in the Temple were driven and quick to move. The Jedi no doubt were feeling the increasingly strong urge to move which gave them even more drive.

News of what most took as victory over the Death Star and the ensuing peace talks were met with much celebration. Even though some of the older Jedi and staff were cynical about any merged government, most were happy the war was over and that they had won. There were a few who pointed out that what happened was not a total victory, but considering how badly the Republic fleet and their Jedi allies were being beaten, the unexpected destruction of the Ziost had devastated not just the Imperial Fleet, but killed tens of thousands of captured Republic personnel. The feelings regarding the destruction of Ziost were very mixed. Most were appalled at the loss of life and the utter annihilation of an entire planet, but some were happy to see a planet so steeped in evil removed from existence. Even those who were not happy with the destruction of the planet and the loss of life acknowledged that if it resulted in an end to the war, it may have had some purpose.

On the second day, all of the essentials were loaded and most of the younglings had already departed. There was still some things to be loaded, but all but one Master was scheduled to depart after a hasty lunch. It had been a hectic and exhausting two days and everyone was tired. After eating one last time, the remaining Jedi and most of the non-Force using staff were loaded up into various freighters, shuttles, and transports and headed to Tython. Only a single Master, the staff who had roots on Gala, and the droids remained to supervise the sealing up of the remaining supplies. When that was done, the Master would take the last fighter and join the other Jedi while the staff would return to their various homes on Gala.

As the shuttle she was on lifted off, Adenna took one last look at the Temple and wondered how long it would be before she returned.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca had slowly made his way to the communications room, allowing his presence to become more noticeable with time. It wasn't really just communications, as it was the security office as well. He just simply stood and watched all of the screens, paying close attention to Adenna and her movements until she finally lifted off with what he had asked her to go with. There was a sense of duty for him to remain, as he felt it was his job to look out after the Order, which was now standing upon the edge of a knife. He had no doubt that the call within the Force was seeking to aid the Jedi in their movement to secure a future for the Order. Another question came to mind with thinking upon it, but again he could produce no answer for it.

As the shuttle lifted off beyond the scanners of the Temple, Kirlocca moved his paw to start a blackout of the the Jedi Temple, so that no one would be able to figure out what was going on. After he switched the jammer to knock out communications, he pulled out the Temple comlink, as communications within the Temple would still be doable for a short while until Kirlocca fully shut out the power.

"This is Jedi Master Kirlocca, the Jedi Temple is to proceed with Night Flight procedures as you make your way to Tython. That means no use of communications and taking hidden vectors upon leaving the Temple. The Temple will fully come to Blackout mode within 24 hours."

Kirlocca then made his way to the Jedi Beacon, as he would soon program it to inform the Jedi Order to head to Tython and not to return to the Gala Temple, as it was in Blackout mode. He hoped that the call would go unnoticed, as it should. It was a highly encrypted frequency that the beacon used, so no one should be able to figure it out. ANd upon the Temple entering Blackout mode, it would fry all electronic devices. No, the signal would go unnoticed unless a computer genius spent a good few days working on it to crack it. Even then, there was no guarantee. Arriving at the beacon, Kirlocca began to go to work on adjusting it's programing to allow him to send such a message to the Jedi Order.

Armiena's sight passed over the entirety of her body, taking in the changes that had happened with a shock that bordered on horror. She had always been possessed of a deceptive strength, her limbs being capable of a power that their slenderness suggested otherwise””the consequence of a strenuous training regime that she had followed ever since her brief career in the Rebellion many years ago. Now, she felt”¦ emaciated, weak. This period of idleness had taken a terrible toll on her body.

”œYou were out for quite a while. The meds said something about electrically stimulating your muscles, but”¦ it wasn't enough. No matter. You'll be back to full strength in no time.”

drayyy.png

It took Kirlocca only a manner of an hour to fully calibrate the system to make the call to the Jedi Order on a high encryption frequency. It was the way it was supposed to operate before the Temple went out. All Jedi temple's were designed that way, but very few saw the chance to operate the system, as most ended up destroyed before the system could be employed. As he finished up, he entered it in and began to walk away towards the hangar bay. It seemed strange to leave a Temple without it being destroyed, as the Jedi Order for so long had operated that way. As he walked out of the security room that held the beacon deep within, he sealed the door shut, never to be opened again.

Reaching out with his perceptions, he could feel a singular presence still within the Jedi Temple. Scorp. He was a Jedi that sat upon the Jedi Council for some time, and even now held a persona within the Force that Kirlocca couldn't understand. He wasn't accessible for him to touch and interact with, so he did his best to make sure that he knew the Temple was being abandoned and then continued on his way to the hangar bay. Once he made his way to the hangar bay, he climbed in his very own Owool starfighter, Rrakktorr and then primed the engines for take off. After a few minutes passed by, Kirlocca finally lifted off the join the rest at Tython.

It was over, finished, done. He was unable to tell if he had emotion over the matter or not. He had been a jedi a long time. He had left behind many bases and temples, yet this was a....satisfying departure. Sure the temple still bore the scars of attacks both past and present but, he wasn't leaving the temple out of fear. Something Jedi had done quite often in the past.

No he was leaving for an entirely different reason. To him it felt like the difference between basking in the light of a warm summer sun, after leaving a basement. It just felt good to leave it all behind.

He was after all the last one here. He had chosen to ignore the calling of the light that seemed to pull at him. Though he had ignored it, due to concern. He was concerned that had he been hasty, a tragedy might have befallen one of the younger jedi. One he could have been there to prevent if he had demonstrated patience. So he did. Thankfully his fears were unrealized but, that just made the feeling all the sweeter.

He could feel the concern from a good friend, and though he did not respond, he did feel a small pain as that last jedi departed. Now it was just him alone in the temple. It seemed that everything was on lock down and had been evacuated. The halls were empty and silent. It was a sort of peace one expected out of an old dog laying down to rest. There was no hustle and bustle of bodies, no cries of pain due to the mishaps of war, just silence.

He expected soon that this temple would be over taken by the forest that surrounded it. If the Jedi reclaimed the temple, perhaps they would hesitate to clear away the growth of foliage that would surely over take the temple halls. A fitting end for a Jedi temple.

His boots echoed in the surrounding silence as he gracefully made his way up his boarding ramp. Moments later he departed from the world, planning to stop near vjun before continuing on his journey.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

• 1 month later...

((I'm operating under the assumption that my character was left behind.))

As the two minds left Kari's own behind, darkness engulfed her thoughts as her conscious faded with the passing memories. For a time, the young Togruta's existence seemed to be forgotten, and eventually lost from all minds as time passed. So much so, that as they base was left behind by the Jedi Order, so was she. Faust's corruption, Kari's torn souls, the battle.. all had taken their toll upon her both physically and mentally. So, as time slowly slipped by, Kari slept within her forgotten tomb. That was, until...

"Awaken, Dear sister..."

The voice echoed with purity and carried the warmth of love as it drove to awaken the young Togruta's mind. A presence began to light within the comatose form that remained behind bars, locked away from the Galaxy like a uncontrollable beast for a crime she was never meant to commit. Then slowly it began to pulsate with life as it's beacon of existence rippled through-out the force, memories and dreams returning to the once dark mind. And as time passed, as the urge to return took it's hold and the voice within her head grew louder, Kari's body twitched with movement.

"AWAKEN.."

Kari's eyes shot open, the blurred light of her surroundings forcing her to shut them again momentarily. The humble humming of her cage found it's pitch calming her frightened mind as she found her gift lost to her. Still confined to the bed, Kari struggled briefly, trying to free her shackled form from it's cozy imprisonment. But to no avail. Kari's stomach growled as she realized it had been a long time since her last meal, only the teachings of Lusef... Faust.. having kept her alive this long. Oh how that man will pay once Kari was able to get her hands upon him. He would pay dearly for his treachery.

Suddenly a familiar sound resonated throughout the room, Kari's mind filling with hope as she adverted her gaze and momentairly left behind her thoughts of Faust to look upon her faithful companion. There in the distance glowed the three humble receptors of Ghost, having faithfuly remained behind to care for his Master even though the Jedi had abandoned her along with the Temple. With a gleefully buzz, Ghost came charging toward her, nearly running himself into the bars that seperated them.

"Ghost... Find a way to release me, old friend." Kari spoke, her eyes watered with happiness to see she was not alone, her heart pounding with excitement knowing she was not completely forgotten. "Surely there's got to be a way."

But Ghost had already planned ahead of his returning Master, having never lost hope that she would return, something unusual for a droid even as ancient as he. Within moments, Ghost had bypassed the necessary security protocols and released Kari from her prison. With loose footing and geletin like legs, Kari attempted to rise. She was able to stand, but as she attempted to walk, her legs nearly gave way. It would be a slow process to move until she regained her balance, but nothing worth doing was ever easy. And it wasn't until she left behind the tucked away room that she was able to, the Force rushing back into her.

"It's good to be back.." Kari spoke, a slight hint of difference in her voice as well as presence in the Force had anyone recognised it. "But i've had enough rest for a lifetime. It's time to finish what i started... Beware Faust, for you have been judged."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png