Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

"Thank you Roene for your guidance."

"Your welcome my friend" Roene said looking the small furry creature in the eyes. "It is important to help people for if we don't who will?"

The small furry creatures eyes hesitated, but apparently looked into the classroom indicating that he wanted to go in...

"Shall we?"

"Oh, well if we don't interrupt the session too much. They probably won't even talk to us if we just burst in... Our best bet would probably just to slowly and quietly slide ourselves in behind the younger ones..." Roene finished in hushed tones even though there was every possibility that the wookie already knew they were there...

NvFYuwm.png

Well here it goes.

*Knapsack slung over shoulder, bow staff leading the way, Tieko, known to most as Galen, the Rovin, or simply Doc, steps forward into the class room. He steps forward into his destiny. Quiet as always and generally unnoticeable the kushiban moves towards the rear wall of the room. He pays unique attentiveness to those gathered here as well as their wookiee teacher. Taking in the scene all at once Galen finds a spot to sit against the rear wall. His bow staff is slung across his lap. Outside, a cool wind is whispering through the rocks and trees. Centered Galen resolves himself to listen.*

Edited by Guest
GalenSig2copy.jpg

With a keen understanding and a firm resolve, Roene silently accompanies his friend to the back wall of the class room. He takes a moment to draw in his surroundings and then calmly sets down with his walking stick in a resting position behind him...

We may be the oldest here aside from the Wookie jedi of course, but that shouldn't mean we look any more awkward than any of the younglings. We are here to learn just as they are; we are no different and thus share a similar drive...

Roene's head swiveled to a central position as he eyed the wookie master, eager for his next pearl of wisdom...

NvFYuwm.png

I listened closely to what the Jedi Master told me. The idea of being a channel of the Force confirmed my tenative feelings that I had when I was using it to bring the orb to my waiting hands. But it didn't answer the question I had burning in my mind. "But master, where does the Force come from? I mean, when I feel you and the other students with the flow of the Force, you feel different. It seemed as if the Force was coming from you, but not from the orb or anything that wasn't...alive."

I paused as an idea came over me. "Is the Force amplified by living things?" If that was correct, I had the answer to my question and was ready to accept that and move on to a new challenge. If it wasn't right, then I hoped Master Kirlocca could correct me.

As I spoke, I noticed two new people enter the room out of the corner of my eye. One was of a very small, rabbit-like species that I had never seen before, and the other I recognized as a Cerean that seemed about my own age. I couldn't wait to meet them. I loved learned about other species, and I knew that was going to be a great perk that came with being a Jedi. After all, it was only my first day and I had already met more people of other species than I had my entire life up to this point!

Turning my focus back on the Jedi Master, I waited curiously for his answer.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Kirlocca wasn't sure what he was feeling about Aira, but one thing was certain, she was gifted, whether she knew it or not.

"Yes, it is amplified by living things,"

Kirlocca looked around the room at the other students, and some others that were just listening in before he continued.

"But it also responds to Midi-chlorians, which some have a more count then others, which allows for the Force the be naturally drawn towards them."

Reptilia landed back at the temple after the droid pickup to be trained in the ways of the force. He slowly walked through the temple almost glowing. He had just got payed and he will receive jedi training. He walked into a room with people, he had probably just interrupted a class. He approached the wookie who he assumed was the teacher.

"Hello, where can I find a jedi to talk to, I wish to become a Jedi knight."Reptilia said with a welcomed sense of confidence.

repsisig.png

*Galen's fur shifted through yellow, to orange, to green, to grey and then back to cream.*

Huh... Maybe I should have simply tried that.

*Galen's ears perked up a bit, interested to see the master wookiee's response. He was about to ask about the nature of the midi-chlorians, and how they could influence who the force is drawn to. After all, why is a question greater than its answer. The very attribute of the midichlorians that gives affinity for the force, could answer how one might shape the force through physiology. Instead however, this outright brash approach in asking to learn was interesting. It was almost refreshing, but Galen felt there must be a separate reason for it.*

A reason to be almost, rude? No that's not it. It would seem rude in any other environment, but not here at this temple. There must be some explanation, that's it. Some reason for the disruption. If you could have one student not even come into the class itself for what seemed to be fear of disruption, then surely this student has cause. On the other hand I didn't even walk in to become a student immediately. I stood there observing my surroundings.

Is this who I am? *Galen wondered,* someone who simply watches everything?

*Galen hoped not. As a healer on Kushibah his goal was to make a difference. Still it is best to gather as much information as possible. All these thoughts passed through his mind not so much as words, but as feelings. Realizing that he was daydreaming again Galen turned his attention back to the front of the class. He waited in anticipation to see the wookiee's response.*

((Edit: fixed some bad wording))

GalenSig2copy.jpg

I nodded. I had heard of midi-chlorians. When I was tested to become a Jedi, they had told me I had enough to be a Jedi. Of course, with my childhood fanatacism of everything Jedi, I can learned all I could about the mysterious life-forms.

"Thank you, master. That makes sense," I said. I saw a new hopeful come striding brashly up to Master Kirlocca, so I settled back again, my questions silenced.

It was strange, I mused. It felt like I had learned so much already, when I had only been here a few hours. I knew I had only scratched the surface of all the things I would learn before becoming a Jedi Knight, and that prospect excited me. I had always loved to learn, and these were some of the most important lessons of my life.

Since the Wookiee master was occupied now and didn't seem like he was going to give us a new task, I focused on the excercise with the orbs again. Hopefully this time it would be easier for me to do.

Kirlocca watched as both Aira walked away and the new student approached. Kirlocca was trying to become more patient, which was something that did not come as easy as he made it look.

"You have come to the right person and the right place. I am Jedi Master Kirlocca, and this is my class. You are more then welcome to join in."

Kirlocca stood up after realizing that he was still on one knee after Aira. He lifted his hand and moved it around the class room.

"If you need help, I am always here, but you also have your classmates to help you out if I am busy with other things."

Kirlocca moved into a different position and spoke again, but this time to the whole class.

"I will soon be moving on to our next lesson. If you have not already complete the exercise, it is alright, don't let one failure get in your way."

Yep, I should have just tried it that way.

*Galen turned his attention back to his previous question. He raised a hand, and then he realized how futile the action was. Determined Galen climbed up the nearest chair, and from the chair he climbed up to the top of the desk.*

Good thing that no one is sitting here.

*On top of the desk Galen kept the soft inflection, but rose the volume of his voice. His fur changed from cream to a humble grey. Carefully he asked,*

"Master Jedi, have we defined what attribute it is within the medi-chlorians that 'attracts' the force? Have we found any reason why having a multitude of medi-chlorians gives affinity for the force?"

Even worse. *Galen thought,*

"Are the medi-chlorian counts always correct in determining force potential?"

*Galen hoped not.*

GalenSig2copy.jpg

I walked to an went to the side of the room sat down and started to listen to the wookie jedi.

He seems wise but there aren't many signs that he is a jedi other then a lightsaber which I can't see but I assume it is there. Actually there doesn't seem like anyone here can even feel the force yet. I looked around and there were a couple of different species in the room.

repsisig.png

Kirlocca listened to what that young Kushiban asked. He let a soft smile hit his face before he responded.

"Actually, that topic is still in debate. Some believe that it does, others believe that it doesn't."

Kirlocca waited for all of the students to find their place before he continued on.

"But that doesn't matter. The amount of force that flows through one doesn't matter. For even the strongest of Jedi are not without flaws."

Kirlocca started to walked towards the center of the room as he spoke, letting his words fill the room.

"For what I can do, some of you will not. But, for things that I can't do, one of you might."

Kirlocca was now in the dead center of the room.

"So to actually answer your question, your Force potential is what you determine. The midi- chlorians may have an impact, but they do not determine anything other then a connection."

Kirlocca looked around, trying to figure out what he should teach next, but then he had an idea.

"Now, what is on your hearts to learn next?"

*His fur returning to cream, Galen hopped off the desk and resumed his place on the floor. Galen was about to wait for the next question, until a thought occured to him.*

"Master Jedi," Galen asked, "What exactly is the 'Dark Side'?

GalenSig2copy.jpg

At the subtle mention of darkside from his small furry companion Roene had this strange sensation wash over him. As if several small knives poked up and down his back. Something somewhere was terribly wrong. A strong source of dark energy was swelling, but he couldn't tell who it was from, or where it resided. It seemed to be many planets away, but seeing as how Roene had never detected anything like this before the transmission faltered as soon as it had appeared...

Roene had been sitting calmly; face lifted from his palms, palms outstretched, and sitting in a lotus position for some time meditating on his previous experience with force channeling and listening to the lecture at the same time when this very feeling hit him. It was as dark as night and as cold as ice; It awoke him from his focus and meditation through a type of sudden realization, but he managed to maintain enough composure to stay inconspicuous. He could only assume that the wookie had felt it too, but without the ability to enter other people's minds he could not tell him without alerting the entire class so he remained silent...

In the meantime however, Roene's eyes shifted to Galen and he remembered his previous comment. Yes, Roene thought, the dark side would be a great topic to talk about... Because without a dark theoretically there isn't a light either and vice versa. It would be prudent to our education to learn about both sides; not necessarily how to use both, but to learn about them...

Then Roene faced eyes forward towards the wookie that was now at the center of the room and fixed himself out of the unsettling position he had worked himself into during his dark encounter...

NvFYuwm.png

Kirlocca was thrown a bit off guard by the question. He didn't see it coming, nor was he fully prepared to give an answer. Well, I could always go off of my own experience with the Dark side.

"The dark side is something that will feel normal if you use it. And it is not a thing, so much as where you will draw your power from. Anger, fear aggression, raw emotion...these are all elements of the dark side. I myself have given in to almost all of these components at one point, and it is something that I really urge of you all to use all your power to avoid."

Kirlocca folded his arms across his chest before he continued to speak.

"One cannot avoid the darkness unless one knows where it lies and the routes that lead to it...and that is something that nor me, nor any other Jedi can teach you."

I was intruiged by the question the small hopeful asked. The Dark Side was certainly something we would need to know about, but I just hadn't expected to learn about it so soon.

Master Kirlocca's answer made me think. I was surprised to hear that he had fallen to the Dark Side. It told me that he knew what he was talking about, and that once you fell, you could be redeemed. Acting out of anger, fear, agression, and raw emotion, I mused. So when I use the Force, I have to examine my motives. It could be dangerous to myself, and I assume to others.

But his last sentence confused me. I frowned. "So master, does that mean that we won't be able to avoid the darkness? We won't be able to see the path to it until it's already too late?" That didn't seem right to me. I hadn't thought much about it, but I assumed that evil would be rather obvious.

I was thinking what being a jedi really meant when I heard mention of the dark side. I did not want to hear about it right now, but as I was looking around the room everyone looked intrigued they haven't experienced like I have. I still tried paying attention though, but with all this excitement it was hard to focus. I heard a human female ask if we are able to avoid the darkness, this was interesting to me I always have pictured me turning away at a request and then probably have do battle. Even though a lot of aspiring jedi have defected to the dark side.

repsisig.png

Kirlocca shook his head, but not in disapproval.

"No...it means every one of you will taste it. You will feel the urge to use it. You will know what it is. Most of you will use it and not know it. "

Kirlocca looked around the room, making sure that he had everyones attention.

"...But it does not mean you are condemned to it. The path of which I speak...is a lesson that you will and cannot learn until later in life."

Kirlocca paused, letting his words hang in the air for a moment.

"But the choice of which path you walk will always be in your control. Remember that."

*Galen nodded but was still not satisfied. He stood up, his fur turning a bluish grey. The kushiban walked forward until he had a direct line of sight with the towering wookiee.*

"Sir, I mean no disrespect, but you have described effects of the Dark Side. Though, this may be because of poor wording on my part."

*Galen smiled with that last thought, then sobered as he proceeded.*

"What I mean is, what Is the Dark Side. I have my own theories, but I have heard many others. Some say that the Force is divided, and has a Light and Dark Side in it. Others say that there is no such thing; they suggest that a good action will lead to evil somewhere else, and that a bad action will lead to good. Their theory based on a balance being absolutely maintained at all times. Another theory I have heard is that the Force is the Force. The theory states that it is far too expansive for the Jedi or anyone to understand. The theory claims that the good or evil, dark or light, does exist... and that it resides in our own hearts."

*Galen paused a moment and then stared into the wookiee's eyes. He does not intend it, and on the contrary is still a humble grey, tinted slightly blue, however the stare is piercing. It seems to look past what is shown to what is really there... Once again, Galen has no idea that he is doing this. All he is trying to do is make eye contact.*

"You are Jedi. What is the Jedi's view? And what is your own?"

*As ever Galen's voice is soft. There is no challenge in what so ever, though it does seem to cut through the silence.*

GalenSig2copy.jpg

"Your theories are all correct..."

Kirlocca looked down into the young kushibans eyes.

"Because even within the Jedi, that view is not set in stone. All those different theories are believed."

Kirlocca closed his eyes to search for his own answer within his heart. After a few moments, he re-opened them.

"I myself cannot give you a full answer. But as I said before, one cannot avoid the darkness unless one knows where it lies and the routes that lead to it. The choice of which path you walk will always be in your control."

*Galen bowed. His fur turned a little darker grey in resignation, and then began to return to cream. He returned to where he was sitting. The question still remained, but now was not the time. To persist at this instance would do nothing more than disrupt the class. Besides that Galen was beginning to think he would not receive his answer from the Jedi wookiee... So he would wait. He would wait until a critical point, and then the question would be met again. In the meantime someone else would probably have a question that is more suited to what the master is looking for.*

GalenSig2copy.jpg

Aryian used his comlink to summon the Blur to Gala before turning to address Evander.

"We're going to be traveling to Hoth...it's pretty cold there, but it's also secluded and perfect for beginning your training. And another thing? You're a terrible actor..."

The Master chuckled loudly before turning and heading towards the hangar, it would be a bit before his ship arrived.

"While we're waiting, did you have any questions about the Force or anything you'd like to learn specifically? The Jedi have many diverse teachings, many paths to walk to maturity in the Force. I myself am a Guardian, but I'm also trained as a Consular...one is unstoppable in combat, the latter is renowned in using Force techniques. There's also a few other styles that have been known to be taught. Many times the Master chooses for the Padawan, but I like to give my students the choice to shape their own future. So...what'll it be?"

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

"But if it is easy to be tempted by the dark side, is it also easy to stay with the light."

"If it isn't then whats the point"

Reptilia Asked hoping the light side had some unbelievable draw to it. Noticing he was still standing he quickly sat down. Hoping Master Kirlocca would answer with a good reply.

repsisig.png

It was a day that would live in infamy forever...

Seemingly out of nowhere, a large and seemingly normal, transport ship exited hyperspace, casually enough, above the planet of Gala, and the navigational computer shut down, awaiting new coordinates. The lead pilot begins to enter new coordinates as to initiate a landing sequence at a large, commercial landing pad, but quickly his throat is slit by one of Ar-Pharazon's henchmen, and his corpse is cast aside. A new pilot, who is a terrorist of evil stock, on the payroll of Ar-Pharazon, sits into the chair and grabs the intercom. This evil man was simply known as Darth Nieghne Eleviin, whose name's meaning had been forgotten through the centuries, but surely it meant something awful, for he was a Sith. He was born and bred for the very mission that he would undertake today. He was also a good friend to Ar-Pharazon, but such friendships must be cast aside for pursuits of principle, and it was also that same friend, who was wise beyond his years, and lied to Darth Nieghne Eleviin, and told him that he would gain eternal life for committing this vicious act against the Jedi, and Eleviin believed these false tales, and it was so.

”œAttention passengers and businessmen,”

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

((Except that nothing can OHK a PC.))

There was a split second where Aryian stopped mid stride, glancing towards the ceiling of the Temple, an ominous feeling churning in his gut, one all too familiar. Something was about to get down, and it was a split second too late when he realized what it was. Immediately he simply reacted, the natural Force guiding his every muscle as he sprang backwards to tackle Evander. Ripples of power echoed from his mouth as he screamed in the Force, trying to alert the others in the Temple, but he knew he was simply too late.

"GET DOWN!!"

He couldn't stop this...not this time. But he could save his Padawan. Nearly instantly a Force barrier sprang up around them as chunks of rock and metal began to rain down upon them, but the Master had long known and gained expertise over this technique, and his shield held firm. In a few moments it was over, fires raging nearby and rubble scattered everywhere. Master and Padawan were buried under a small mountain, but the invisible energy once again reacted to Aryian's will, blasting up and out, clearing the wreckage from on top of them. For the moment...they were safe.

High in the sky, if Evander knew to look in the right place, he would see a very strange looking highly modified craft soaring in low on a seemingly suicidal flight path, but the Blur's AI was comprised of the best piloting techniques known to the galaxy. In and of itself, it was a Force to be reckoned with, but with a Jedi Master in the pilot's chair? It was a work of art. In little time at all it was in a hover before them, landing ramp extended, and when they were both aboard and safely strapped in, it cocked upwards ninety degrees, blasting the already barren rubble and exerting several g's to reach open space. But behind the pilot's controls, leaving Gala was not Aryian's top priority.

"Blur, hack into the Alliance ATC satellite systems, pull the telemetry on the ship that crashed into the Temple. We've got work to do."

"Affirmative, beginning initial file insertion..."

Nearly a half hour later, when they had the information, the Blur left the Gala system, leaving behind only a simple comm message for an old Wookiee Jedi.

((Sent via PM))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

NYFE MERDIR licked his fingers one last time, wiping his knife free of stain before sheathing it in one swift movement. As quickly as he had started, he flung the massive chunk of chilled meat, now missing several titanic bites, back into a long, stainless-steel drawer in the refrigeration unit and stalked back into the dimly-lit halls.

It was not the first time he had stolen from the transport ship's food stores. In fact, it'd be a stretch to say that he had done so fewer than a hundred times. After all, he had been a stowaway on the ship for nearly a year now. Lacking a home, lacking true employment, Merdir had assumed the life of a vagabond, and with no real task on the Falleen homeworld that he felt himself suited for, he had burrowed deep into the bowels of this very craft as it made a resupply stop at a spaceport, and had simply never felt like disembarking.

The crew knew he was there, of course. Numbering only a few dozen, they would be hard-pressed to ignore when entire sides of beef went missing from the freezers. Or when weapons lockers turned up empty, their ammunition caches pilfered or strewn about the room. Or even when one of their own number went missing. Merdir had dined upon the flesh of human beings on at least four occasions over the past year, and while he did not always relish doing so, he also had to admit that it was not exactly from necessity. After all, frozen food got old.

And sometimes it was just too much fun trying to find a place to hide the skeleton.

Or was that "hide"? The time the first mate found a dessicated, mauled corpse stuffed headlong into his dresser, leaking entrails over his undergarments, had proven to be a near-unending source of amusement whenever Merdir reflected upon it.

Try as they might, though, the crew could not dislodge Merdir, not during flight or at ports of call. Whenever a security team came aboard to look, Merdir would simply tap his nearly-buried Force talent to make them look the other way, or forget why they had bothered to search the craft. But now, orbiting some three hundred kilometers over the planet Gala, the crew of the transport cared more for simply completing their supply run to the planet then for angering their skulking stowaway.

Merdir snarled to himself and pulled out a bundle of wires from the wall. The corridor went dark, and he quickly ripped a maintenance grate from the wall and climbed into a ventilation duct. Though the ship had been both bed and breakfast to him for a long time now, he was beginning to feel the need for a change of pace.

With subtlety failing him as he crawled on loud elbows and knees through the metal shaft, he made his way toward the bridge.

darthgrief.jpg

(5:46:09 PM) Five Wing Seraph: make a thread called "I want to get plastic surgery to get tusks grafted into my mouth"

(5:46:18 PM) Prince Scumbag: okay

(5:46:21 PM) Prince Scumbag: after this one gets closed

Ben, if you ever try to do something like this again, I will take you out of this RP so fast your head will spin. Outside of the fact that this in extremely poor taste, you can't post massive damage without a set up post, its not fair to the defenders. I don't care if a mod OKed the idea, you're still responsible for posting in a fair manner. There are people who are actually here to enjoy this RP as a game, not Ben and Scott's evil comedy sketch.

MGw9G2u.jpg