Onderon

Faust stood there, his cloak flapping in the breeze. A chill wind picked up from across the square, sending it flying out once more. He stood facing the Dark Lord, his back deliberately turned towards the others in the area. He heard the CoreSec commander's demands. A small, almost inaudible chuckle could be heard echoing hollowly behind the mask at the demand for justice. He was sure the others heard it, but still ignored them, even as he was called out by the other watchers.

Until Lux came up to the Dark Lord. Faust's cowled head turned, staring at her, the pinpoints of his eyes burning a bright, unnatural blue as he watched her greet Exodus so... formally and yet casually. He would have to find a way to remember that exchange, showing another facet of Lux's character. His gaze slowly twisted back to Exodus. Outside of the movement of his head, Faust's posture remained stiff and upright, showing no signs of bending and even outright defiance towards all assembled here.

Like a statue, he stood during the introductions, understanding the great play being put on here. He whistled the aria of a tragedy, but really it was a farce. He would put on his own role here, one that would be unexpected, throwing away the script. That he was sure of. He waited out the empty words of manners and the introductions, only speaking once the Dark Lord addressed him head on.

"Justice? Crimes? We should all know there is no such thing as justice, nor crimes. Only the strong preying on the weak or the weak banding together in a construct of simulated power." He turned and finally gave Tenebris and the Jedi the sneer they earned. Despite the mask covering his visage, his mannerisms and posture said it all for him.

"As for your query, Dark Lord," he said softly, choosing his words with very deliberate care. "I care not whether you walk away with zero to show for it." He turned back towards Exodus, eyes locking on. "We still need to discuss the actions you took on Korriban, destroying my resources, leaving me adrift," he continued, his voice very soft, dangerous even, as it carried. He dropped down to one knee, never taking his gaze off the Dark Lord for a second. "You know I never walk into any situation without a secondary plan in mind. Take what you will, your price be damned," he hissed. The pack full of artifacts, a blinding Dark Side energy radiating from them, slid down his arm into his hand.

With a casual toss from his kneeling position, the pack flew towards Exodus, an almost lazy two handed toss. As the pack flew in front of Exodus's face, passing over the scant distance between them, Faust's spring loaded disruptor pistol burst out of his sleeve with a faint flick of his wrist. It slid into his grip smoothly, already pointed by his hand so he need just squeeze the trigger once; just once to send out a brilliant light of deadly energy aimed right at the Dark Lord's center of mass.

"DIE!"

<>

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

Xae joined the rest of the delegation and nodded once as she was introduced. Her turquoise eyes studied each face as the Commissioner made his introductions. She could hardly believe that she was standing in dark presences of the current and a former Dark Lord. This just keeps getting better and better, she thought carefully within the confines of her mental shields.

The noxious pull of the Dark Side roiled off of the man in a way the Exorcist had yet to experience within a single individual and the entropy that seemed to surround Faust as she observed the exchange was found to be lacking the same. Still, the Force was showing her something...

Xae-lin was in motion even as the devil raised his arm and threatened to shatter what had passed as peace between the two groups up to this point.

Before she’d been trained as an Exorcist, she’d walked the path of a Jedi Guardian during the war. It was now that she called on those same skills as she placed herself squarely in the path of the blast raising a solid Force shield forming a barrier between her and Faust, gritting her teeth in concentration as the blast dissipated across the surface and marred the Square's stonework.

<>

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

With the full presence of the Sith fleet before them, the Paladin and her starfighter accompaniment slowed as they reached the outer limits of the potential conflict zone. Close enough to fight the looming battle should it erupt, but protecting themselves from being surrounded. There was no doubt that currently they were outmatched; the Paladin could potentially hold its own against the St Cathryne while the V-wings harried it, but the presence of the CR90 in low orbit would be a problem if a fight broke out. Add to that the fact that the Sith fleet simply had more fighters, some of which were better armed, and the odds simply got worse.

While Lt McGarvey was the head of the small force, it was Lt Colonel Deakin, back on Dxun that was calling the shots however. In the time it took the Paladin and her fighters to launch and begin closing on the Sith Fleet, Deakin’s command staff had received replies from the smaller garrisons on Dagri, Evas, and Suthre. As he had requested, the Steela, which had been on patrol between Dagri and Evas, had been recalled and was at full sublight speed to reinforce the Paladin. Deakin, now standing at the small holo-display table that was being fed data from the various stations in the command center, was unnervingly quiet. He could read the situation better than anyone else in this command center, and he didn’t like it. With the reports from the other garrisons at hand, he sent a message to McGarvey.

Lieutenant, the Steela is six-minutes out. Additional reinforcements to follow.

Deakin then turned to his communications officer, “Do we have any word from Captain Leed?”

--------------------------------------------------------

Lt McGarvey simply sighed. Charging at a Sith fleet was not going to be the highlight of his day, though it may end up being the last thing he ever did. They were to maintain their position, their presence meant to act as a deterrent to the SIth Fleet. McGarvey didn’t even think the SIth would pretend to care what they were here for; as far as he was concerned, they would do whatever they wanted, public opinion be damned.

As time continued to tick away, his uneasiness continued to rise. There was a nagging feeling at the back of his mind, and the comm channels grew quiet, as though everyone was increasingly on edge. The three squadrons of V-wings continued their slow, defensive orbits around the Paladin, and with nothing else to do currently, McGarvey found himself simply watching the ships fly around.

As his own uneasiness continued to grow in the back of his mind, the proud feeling of coming to the rescue of his home system slowly drained out from under him. Doubt was beginning to replace it, as he began wondering if trying to stop the Sith would even make a difference. But just as he began slipping into the black hole of dread and fear, he noticed that some of the V-wings were drifting farther and farther from the Paladin[ in their orbits. It set off alarms in his head, but just as he was reaching to key the comm, he watched one of the V-wings completely break off its orbit, and blasted its engines to full power, heading straight away from the battle back to Dxun.

“Cannon Four, what the hell are you doing?!” McGarvey yelled into the comm, only the realizing how much fear was in his own voice.

”DON’T YOU SEE THEM LIEUTENANT?! THEY’RE EVERYWHERE!”

”I see them too! Where the hell did they come from?!”

”Me too! They’re coming right for us!”

McGarvey could practically taste the fear and dread of the pilots, watching as four more V-wings began shying away from the Sith Fleet, practically putting the Paladin between them and whatever it was they were seeing. This was all going to hell.

---------------

Deakin was utterly confused as the comms erupted in what sounded like panic. From where he was standing, there was nothing that had changed; the Sith fleet had not moved, nor had they fired. Yet something had turned good soldiers into piles of panic. Slamming the comm harder than before, Deakin spoke.

“REPORT. Get a hold of yourselves up there! Remember your training! Give me descriptions, coordinates, vectors! And maintain your formation! We will not leave the Paladin open to an attack because my pilots are out of place!”

Slowly, his men seemed to regain some of their composure, or so Deakin thought. The next moments were filled with slightly calmer reports of gigantic swarms of blackened, pitted and warped starships that appeared to the pilot’s eyes to carry the very essence of death. It took Deakin a solid minute to confirm what he suspected; there was nothing there. His pilots, his trained men were hallucinating. And he intended to drive that point home.

“There is nothing there! Remember who and what we face! This is the Sith, their tactics of fear are well known, and clearly they’re preying on any doubts you all carry. Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you.”

--------------------

Lt. McGarvey took a deep breath, and like those around him, took the words of Deakin to heart. Almost instantly, the scattered and askew ships fell back into tight formation, which seemed to trigger a communication from the Sith presence. McGarvey heard what this ambassador had to say, making sure that Deakin was tied into the communication as well. When the speech was all said and done, McGarvey glanced at a monitor.

“Confirmed; a number of the weapons systems that appeared to be targeting us have powered down… Looks like there still may be some targeting the city however.”

Hurmph, Guess we will have to take what we can get. Maintain your position Lieutenant. The Steela should be with you shortly.

“Understood sir.” McGarvey said before switching back over to the line between him and the St Catherine. “Ambassador Cook, I am sure a man of your political knowledge can see how your presence here might be considered the beginning of a hostile takeover of our planet. We are all for letting the gears of diplomacy grind their way to a solution if that is the nature of what is going on here. We have no interest in the squabbles between Sith, Jedi or CoreSec; that is not why we are here. Just as you say your fleet is here to protect your interests, so is ours here to ensure the safety our interests; namely the city your ships have jammed, are hovering over, and continue to point your guns at, as well as the free people that live within. And until new orders come down the line, we’re just going to sit right here, paying attention, just as you have been sitting right there. Real peaceful like.”

And so the stalemate continued as McGarvey checked his chronometer. Three more minutes…

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

“As you wish corporal, I understand that everyone must be on their last nerves with everything going on, and that the safety of your monarchy is forefront in your mind with men like Faust about. I don’t mind waiting, I’m just here to discuss some archaeological sites that the Sith are interested in documenting. Truthfully, I think they just wanted me out of the way. My experience with fighting pretty much consists of closing my eyes and flailing wildly.”

Ailbasí pantomimed out the gesture as she said it, nervously hoping that jokes would lighten the tension. In truth she had no idea why Sheog would send her, she had no advantageous trait for this negotiation other than knowing court protocol and some amount of Onderonian history. Time passed slowly and standing became uncomfortable. Looking around the room, Ailbasí could see nowhere to sit, other than the thrones meant for the monarchy, and as out of sorts as she was, she wasn’t that out of sorts.

“Does anyone mind if I sit on the floor? I’m going to sit on the floor.”

Ailbasí gracefully plopped onto the ground, in the way that only cats can combine those two words and continued to wait. However, with nothing to occupy her mind, and Sheog’s own hunger gnawing at the back of her mind, the silence was yet again broken, this time by Ailbasí’s much neglected stomach. One could be forgiven for thinking that such a small person like the albino Cathar would have stomach whispers instead of growls, or at least something more dainty and refined, dignified even. But much to Ailbasí’s horror this was not the case. At last Ailbasí muttered an apology to any who would listen.

“I’m terribly sorry, I’m a postgrad student from Charmath University, they don’t really feed us.”

After a particularly loud and obnoxious growl, a helmeted soldier walked over to a crate and pulled out a colorful plastic meal box of Nerf Noms, a well known food product that packaged nerf milk and jerky together. This one was different, however, and in the shape of a drexl head. “They’re doing a promotional crossover with the Justice Riders of Iziz, and part of it was having a limited number of packages signed by Prince Gypht, but I’m sure that they can find a replacement for this one.” Another guard chimed in “I don’t even know why they would, other than I guess he’s a beast rider.”

“Afoolly hiff ta infirashon fo ta Golt Drayan Noight in ta serwes”

The guards looked quizzically at each other. “Is this a Sith thing, is she casting a spell?” asked the second guard in a slight panic. Ailbasí finished inhaling her jerky before she spoke again.

“Actually he’s the inspiration for the Gold Dragon Knight in the series. The creator has a doctorate in Onderonian culture studies, so it’s something I read after I hit mental rock bottom from over studying. It’s a lot more accurate than most “inspired by” holo-novels so as an academic it doesn’t make me want to cry aggressively into my pillow. Plus the Gold Dragon Knight is super hot, I have a poster of him in my apartment.”

A look of awkward confusion was shared by the guards, causing Ailbasí to raise an eyebrow.

“What, a girl can’t dream? Besides, I’m sure he’s too busy riding dragons and having perfect hair to notice some starstruck college girl. And have you seen those abs? Daaaaammmmnnn.” Ailbasí pointed to one of the female guards, ”She knows what I’m talking about.” Causing the guard to blush and cover her face poorly.

“Really? Overreacting much?”

NYRYS.png

With the crystal held firmly in her left palm, the spider’s touch felt distant – although, it still took her by surprise. The gentle grasp of his terrible power, suspending her fate inexorably between life and death with the delicate stroke of a trained hand, was cold on her shoulder. A disclaimer; a warning; or a spell, wormed its way into the depths of her mind. And it would linger. But with absolute clarity, Lux could see the extent of his wish as it was offered to her. Like the mynock to its diminutive rodent-like prey, the Dark Lord wished to draw her out and feed on the weakness inside.

However, Lux’s fears were locked away for the moment. Her stress was compartmentalized and her passion was diluted. Her brilliant luminescent white eyes looked deep into the Dark Lord’s emerald malice and smiled. It was a simple gesture and one that would mean almost nothing to someone with so much power. But it was the only answer she could find to his offer.

“You flatter me. But I’m afraid I must decline.” Lux said, bowing her head.

Like a crash of lightning slamming into the great library of Ossus, a claxon echoed in the back of Lux’s brain. Something felt wrong. Even in the state of equilibrium, she found herself in, Lux could sense that the walls were attempting to close in and destroy what peace she’d mustered. The Thyrsian saw the world in every detail she wanted. The complexity of focus was at her fingertips the moment she needed it. So, when Faust pulled the disruptor out, Lux closed the distance between her and the Hunter. She locked her eyes on the offending weapon and grabbed at Faust’s arm, performing an Echani holding technique to stop his strike before it turned a peaceful negotiation into a bloodbath.

<>

4V8P4TC.png

An encrypted comm comes in for the Dark Lord himself.

"Exodus... A group of highly advanced droids arrived here on Korriban seeking the Dark Lord. They brought with them a gift, and an offer of service on behalf of their Masters, for you. I have taken possession of the gift, and have had it secured in your quarters within the temple. The droids appear to be highly combat oriented, and as such I saw fit to send them to Onderon to further extend your will, and so that you might determine what place or purpose they may serve you.

Also; another Sith -- Darth Eris in fact -- has reached out to me. I will be departing Korriban soon to meet with her; I have reason to believe she was the Sith that the Imperial Remnant claimed to capture in their Holonet message some days ago. Should I uncover anything of importance, I will inform you."

1fE1uLv.png

The underbelly of the Dark Side was very present among the people of this Square, fattening as an infestation of emotion and fear became ripe for the feasting. These men and women tasted fear throughout their body, imagining the dressings of battle and death in the face of imminent danger, lathering in the terror of standing before Sith. There was no escape from how present the face of the Darkness was; The mad hunger of Lord Sheog trickled through the skies like heavy rainfall, eating away at the ignorances of hope. There were few powerful enough to withstand the oppression, and whether they came to the realization or not, their fate would be sealed sooner than later.

As Darth Luciferian allowed his speech to unsheathe a deeper purpose, each word meant more to Exodus than what met the ears, each more telling than the last. The eyes of the Spider burned with such emotion, with such fervent colour, one would be drawn completely from their consciousness if they made the mistake of staring. It was no illusion. It was unsustainable power. A sickening dance of burning orange and an embellished emerald green. The transformation was wild and without hesitation, seemingly triggered by the tone in which Faust spoke.

The powerful frame of the Dark Lord uncoiled into the mimicry of Form Shien, albeit with no weapon in hand. He could feel time itself slow to a heartbeat, and found himself as an audience to the slow movement of both meddling women. Charming. In his second breath, he launched himself forward as the rucksack broke free towards his direction. Faust dropped to his knee, but the divide was now filled with CoreSec and Jedi alike. The Assassin was more swift-footed than any they had ever laid eyes on, and both women combined if truth were to be told. At first hand, the particular Iron leashed around his hand and forearm would’ve embraced the power of the compressed energy that rang out for him. He would flourish the discipline of Form V and retaliate the attack, with one more pressing than Faust could anticipate.

However, with meat-shields tangling with Luciferian, the Hunter easily became the Prey. The Sith Troopers leveled their firearms, preparing for a window to shoot. Exodus disregarded the relics and in his superior acceleration, he masterfully propelled himself over the threesome. His premeditated trajectory would land him mere feet behind Vladimir Faust, within yielding reach of his unprotected rear torso. If this Thyrsian warrior was not a disgrace to the company she kept, then her hold would be sufficient. He landed with positioning and striking distance now in favor. The spider lowered his center of gravity and reeled backwards, pushing a good portion of his weight onto his left leg and feeling forward with his right leg. It was as if he had notched an arrow into a longbow and dipped low in order to find a particular arch in his range. Suddenly, Transcendence ripped from inside his robes and clasped tightly into his left hand while his right hand outstretched and invoked a summoning of the Force so magnetic that it threatened to peel the very stone from the public square. If he had to cut through all three of them, he would.

• << Counter Kill Shot Requested >>

P3UXctm.gif

Woo Mod Decision time!

Faust is nothing if not tricky, and calculating. There is ample setup for the disruptor blast, so lets move on to the defense and assist posts, as the attack is pretty cut and dry. There is some question in my mind how close all the acting parties are in the 'picture' I have in my mind, which impacts whether Xae and Lux's actions can actually be pulled off; I am inclined to say that Xae, being a fully trained Exorcist and Jedi, makes the 'window' to react, but Lux, being not fully trained and requiring to actually touch Faust, does not. However, the moment Exodus reacts by jumping the other three all of that becomes slightly irrelevant; with Exodus' counter relying on Lux's hold, we'll give credit to the Thyrsian warrior.

With a Jedi standing to take the disruptor blast, a hold from Lux, and Exodus jumping behind them all, Faust is pretty boned in this half-second following the attack. One unlikely, and one likely ally came to the defense of the Dark Lord, and theres a cadre of Sith Troopers who just were given something to shoot at. Not to mention Exodus' own defense which may have been enough all by itself. Thus...

<>

As per the rules, Exodus may post killing Faust immediately if he so chooses. Either way, Exodus gets the next post, and should indicate whether Faust lives or dies.

1fE1uLv.png

Whether or not the blast had burnt a deep hole into the breast of the Jedi was neither here nor there, Exodus pushed forward with animalistic speed and efficiency, equalizing the amount of time he had since Faust dropped down to his knees. Mere seconds. The performance that the traitor put on was reasonable, but the Hunter left too much room for interpretation as he spoke, and so the intention was laid bare. Exodus commanded the atmospheric pressures around them and yanked Faust from where he knelt with a powerful measure of telekinetic energy, uprooting him from his entanglement with the others and hurling him back into a beautifully orchestrated web.

The Dark Lord set fire to his lightsaber and thrusted forward to connect, coldly watching the dark red current of power erupt and punch through the exposed thoracic spinal column of his enemy. The technique was swift and uncomplicated, but the artistry of movement was impeccable. The blade cut entirely through the body, while the brace of impact was only felt when his frame connected with the hilt. The blade carved through him like butter, while the alchemical handle of Transcendance carried the brunt of the collision. In the same breath, Exodus deactivated his blade and violently snatched at the back of Luciferians’ head with his off-hand, digging his crushgaunt into his skull, and ripping it clean off of his neck.

• “... Is this what you were asking for?”

The words left his mouth indifferently, staring towards the Commissioner, tossing the strange head carelessly to the side. The formation of the Troopers split up; one to collect the scattered relics, two to recover both pieces of the corpse, and the other ten trained on the rest of the opposition. The scene carried no blood, and the remains of the corpse were covered in the seraphic cloth that Faust chose to wear. It was not flesh that tore when he had ripped the head from the build of the traitor, it was not bone that shattered as his fingertips punctured skull, but the answer to all of this was one he had already discovered.

• “You and the Jedi have proven to be, inexcusably unfit to hold wardship over the Capitol.
    The control you think you have here is not real.
    I will do you one final courtesy Commissioner, take your people and leave now. ”

Impassively, the level of extreme adrenaline in his body was unmistakable just by looking into his eyes. His hand tightened around his weapon, waiting until his patience broke.

A dare is a dare.

file_352_mortal-kombat.jpg

Had to do it --RM

P3UXctm.gif

As the drama unfolded, Skye remained close to Tenebris just incase Faust threw something else in their direction. She had observed the latest Dark Lord, watching closely as Lux interacted with him. She was concerned how this had escalated so quickly but then, Faust always had a flare for the dramatic. When he had sprung his attack aimed at the Dark Lord she knew then that anything could and would happen and while it was admirable that Lux and Xae had moved to intervene, Skye had a feeling that the Dark Lord was more than capable of handling himself and wouldn't appreciate the assist. Skye had met a number of Dark Lord's and Sith Masters... been involved with one, had healed Kakuto Ryu at one time too... as well as having healed Faust once upon a time... though with what he had done and what he planned now she would have no part in it. There was no way that she would fix whatever problem it was he was having with his clones. The Healer was still kicking herself over falling vulnerable to that sonic attack.

When he issued them the order to leave, Skye met his eyes, "We only came here following leads Faust left us. I see now that it was Faust pulling all the strings. We will leave though I know we haven't seen the last of him. It would be in all of our interests to stop his ... resurrection." It was obvious the Healer knew more than she was letting on. She indicated the 'body' of madman, "Malice still wants to finish what he started." She shifted her gaze, looking around the assembled and going lastly to Lux and Xae, "Let's go." To the Dark Lord she added, "We bid you a good evening." The Jedi Councilwoman inclined her head respectfully and indicated to the Commissioner, Lux, Xae and the rest to move back, saying softly, "We need to go." She hoped this Dark Lord was a man of his word like some of his counterparts were.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Rruror’rur’rr awoke in an inky black, cold, damp, metallic cell. As his bare feet touched the floor a shiver ran up his spine, and it was not only the cool temperature or the cool metal on his exposed flesh that caused him to pause in horrified fright.

Is this hell? The hell of The Builders who had long ago enslaved his people?

From outside the inky blackness, Rruror’rur’rr could hear the clanging of metal and suddenly his entire world shifted as the movement of the cage he was within ground to a halt sending the human tumbling to the cool metal floor with a grunt of pain.

so cold….

for a being who had spent his entire life fighting against the heat to stay alive even the less than regulated temperature of the makeshift cellblocks within the hold of a customized Zeta-Class Long Range Shuttle retrofitted for the hauling of prisoners-of-war, slaves, or otherwise hostile-type persons. What Rruror’rur’rr did not know, that what he had felt was the shuttle landing at an out-of-the-way platform on the far side of the planet Onderon from the capital city Iziz, and that it was there under the guise of picking up more personnel for sale elsewhere in the galaxy.

Shoving his tangled mass of chin length dirty blonde hair out of his face, several grains of sand rattled to the cool metal deck below.

Pausing at the familiar sound, Rruror’rur’rr pressed his hand over the numerous beads of his homeland and the hint of a smile crept over his face.

They can imprison me in this hellhole. They can kill my love and my family. They can even cast me into the netherworld. They can even take from me the very essence of my being; but even then, I am of my people, a proud people of the sand, and as long as I have breath in my body, I will fight for my people; for our ways; and to protect us.

With that, Rruror’rur’rr pressed his ear against the cool door, noting that he could hear a faint noise coming from that direction. Goosebumps rose all over his body. Normally clad from head to toe in thick protective garb, he was now only wearing a loose set of what could be referred to as underclothes.

Despicable

they would not even honor his most basic beliefs.

Outside, he could hear the faint scuffing of boots on the walkway. Immediately he began to shout and bellow in his native Tusken. Anything he could think of; he called down the curses of the ancients on those who would imprison him in this hellish box and challenged any that would dare to face him and prove that they, those banished long ago for their pride and haughtiness, were better than he, a loyal and true follower of their ways.

On the other side of the door, three Devaronian slavers worked to secure several crates of supplies down the hallway, shaking their heads at the din created by the Tusken they had caught several days prior.

”One would’ve thought he’d have given up by now

the ranking Devaronian shook his head staring back at the noise and rubbing his temple. Poor fool is giving me a headache. Go and shut him up.

he waved at the two with him who turned and dutifully marched towards the cell, electrostaffs in hand and blasters holstered at their sides.

With a quick key coded entry, the cell door whooshed open and as one the two devilish cronies jabbed their staves into the open door at where the Tusken slave ought to be; however, he was not there. Instead, they met only air. Inside, Rruror’rur’rr had heard the door beeping as they coded in and had quickly tucked himself into what amounted to a corner in the small area.

As the two staves jabbed in, he quickly ducked below the nearest and lashed out with a barefooted calloused heel squarely into the knee of the nearest Devaronian

They even look like devils!!!

Rruror’rur’rr noted as his back hit the cool floor and he grabbed at the boots of the second slaver. Within mere seconds both had toppled to the floor with cries of pain and surprise. Leaping from his back to his feet, Rruror’rur’rr delivered a solid heel strike to the face of each of the downed devils before noting the third down the walkway…..

The ranking Devaronian had stared in disbelief, in a matter of moments his headache had gone from very annoying to quickly approaching migraine status. What the kriff had just happened to his men? All they had done was move the ship from one isolated landing spot to another to pick up some much needed supplies while they awaited the blasted fleets above to clear out. He was beginning to think that this little side trip to Onderon was not a good idea at all. High quality merchandise or not! Drawing his blaster he fired off several shots towards the nearly naked human down the walkway.

At the sound of blaster fire Rruror’rur’rr turned and at the last moment was able to slam himself into the bulkhead to narrowly avoid being shot by yet another devil.

this truly must be hell with so many devils around…

Wedging his muscled and lithe body out of sight without actually having to step foot back in his cell, Rruror’rur’rr’s mind raced, and then he saw them; two metallic spear-like weapons, The ones that the other devils had tried to impale him with! Scooping one up, he tossed it in his hand finding it to be balanced enough.

Trying to hide in your cell ain’t gonna help you now buddy

The Devaronian growled as he advanced down the walkway, closed cell doors on either side of him as he peppered another shot every few steps at where Rruror’rur’rr had disappeared back into his cell.

Oh no. You are mine! Should have killed you in the desert!

And at that moment, Rruror’rur’rr rolled his back against the wall around the corner, using the momentum of his spin to send the electrostaff hurtling through the air towards where he had last seen the devil, who by now was even closer. Wobbling and bending as it flew the short distance, the electrostaff impaled the Devaronian and knocked him clean off his feet and onto the floor with the crackle of electricity mixed with a cry of shock and pain and the *WHUMP* of his body hitting the floor.

Definitely should have killed him.

The Devaronian thought as his mind went slowly black,

No slave is worth this

Standing there, mere meters from the fallen devil Rruror’rur’rr looked down at the bleeding devil, glancing from him to the two that lay crumpled on the floor beside him. Surely he was in hell and these were not the only ones…..

Noting his nakedness, Rruror’rur’rr growled; it was not something that could be helped at the moment, but still it dishonored him to stand as such in the presence of such devils. Standing there, trying to decide what next to do a metallic electronic voice chirped from the breast of the devil lying with the spear angling out of his body,

Kikikan! Do we have any more of those Twi’leks we were supposed to leave off on Tatooine? This kriffing planet is killing our business and I’m getting lonely up here in the cockpit…………..Kikikan! Can you hear me?................Kikikan respond! This is your captain speaking! ANSWER ME!!

Scrunching up his face in confusion, Rruror’rur’rr stared at the Devil, before reaching down and gingerly plucking a comlink from his shirt pocket. Determining that such a device did not present any immediate threat to him, Rruror’rur’rr tossed the comlink aside and started to walk down the hallway away from the carnage.

Kikikan so help me! You better be dead if you’re not gonna answer me!

Rruror’rur’rr walked by several closed cell doors. He really didn’t have any idea how to open any of them and he didn’t hear anyone making any noise from within. If there were others they were probably dead by now. At the end of the row, he approached a wall that hissed open revealing a set of stairs leading upwards. With an audible sigh of disapproval at the technological blasphemy that was the automatic door, he carefully began to make his way up the stairs on all four; reaching the top he peered out into what could only be described as a disaster of disheveled living quarters.

Devils. Cannot even clean up after themselves

That was when he spotted it; wadded up in a corner beneath several other articles of discarded clothing, his robes. Leaning against the wall was his rifle, his gaderfi and looping the two together, his bandoliers. After checking the room to make sure there was no other devils, Rruror’rur’rr quickly and carefully began to don his gear, supremely grateful to have found his belongings. Several minutes and only one interruption later, Rruror’rur’rr stood clad from head to toe in his desert garb. The one interruption had been the ship wide comms blaring to life with the following:

KIKIKAN!!! Where in the kriffing kriff are you! If anyone knows where that blasted red skinned idiot is bring him to me at once!!!......Oh and bring me a twi’lek too.

Rruror’rur’rr Just shook his head and turned and walked back down the stairs, feeling much more confident to take on whatever the devils of this netherworld of hell might throw at him.

With a hidden confirming smile at the sight of the three downed devils, Rruror’rur’rr hitched his rifle more securely over his shoulder and stepped over the fallen Devaronians, making his way down the hallway, past the crates still setting in the midst of the walkway, and around the corner to where, yes, there it was! OUTSIDE. The loading ramp was still open and several more crates stood waiting outside. Gaderfi in hand, Rruror’rur’rr quietly and slowly, step by step, inched outside, glancing about taking in everything through his goggle covered eyes. He did not see anyone outside, but that did not mean much.

Just as he stepped out onto the overgrown, cracked duracrete landing pad, the Tusken stopped midstep, shocked. High above there was only one sun! And what were those tall green and brown things! They looked like massively overgrown hubba-gourd vines. They were HUGE! I don’t know where I am, but hell or somewhere else, I need to get out of here. Shivering even with his robes on, Rruror’rur’rr took off at a low run towards the tree line a short distance from the landing pad. He had to get out, Surely more devils would be coming for him.

Unmoved in the entirety of the chaos that followed, Tenebris' hands remained by his sides, not even giving the barest twitch toward his blaster. Everything, everything here was a test, a game to see who could make the other flinch. The severed head clutched in the vicious fingers of the Dark Lord sparked and fizzed unnaturally, and it was this confirmation of his suspicions that finally drew the first response from the Commissioner, a tightening of his mandible that clenched his teeth together. Skye had warned him of the Hunter's trickery: she had said time and again that things were never what they seemed to be. The cold throttling darkness that had come over him in Van Isel's office should have been evidence enough of this. Had his race's pale complexion not reigned so utterly, the wrathful flush of heat that he felt in his cheeks might have been visible. As it was, it granted him a coldly deliberate ire nonetheless.

An ire that only increased as the Jedi Master spoke out of turn, showing an underbelly to the darkness before her. He had made the mistake of ignoring Skye's warnings twice before, he would not do it again. However, her hasty plea for their retreat only compounded the realization that they had been soundly beaten by an unexpected adversary who deserved no quarter in the galaxy; and Tenebris was under no delusions that the Galactic Alliance would have a flag on the stronghold of Onderon once they had left the system. She was right, and they would leave. But that did not explain the vested interest the Sith had in the system, not now that Faust was dead if that was truly the purpose of their presence, which he doubted.

But he would not show his back to this predator.

As he met the bioluminescent gaze of the Shadow who stood before him, the Echani inclined his head once more. "It appears my quarry was a..." He paused, crystalline eyes flickered to the dark one's lackeys in the process of collecting the decoy's halves. "...dead end. My gratitude for putting a stop to his show. Our purpose here has expired."

He offered the man the crisp Echani warrior's salute, his fist pressed briefly to his breast, aloof eyes never leaving his adversary. Equality of skill was not something he claimed to possess where this dark creature was concerned, but underestimating one's opponent would always lead to defeat. Let this man think him an impotent fool, at the whims of the Alliance or of the Jedi Order. A return to Coruscant would set things in motion that would not be undone, not with the evidence he had collected here.

Conflagrating adrenaline coursed through his veins as the Commissioner straightened. "You will see nothing but the dust of our heels in an hour's time," he bade the Shadow farewell. "Dark Lord."

Proud eyes remained unwavering as he backed away, turning sharply on the third step and parting the gathered pool of his men.

Captain Leed was waiting for him at the command center, his eyes wide. "You're leaving?"

The smirk that had played across Tenebris' face vanished at the accosting from the Onderonian. "The planet is safer if we go. I won't repeat Carida; it's a fool's choice either way."

As agreed, within the hour, the mobile command center had been dismantled, the perimeter around the palace dissolved. The Raisonneur, having hovered just below the Black Sun Corvette for the duration of the talks, touched down in the square to refuel, and having done so, departed in tandem with the Lambda-class shuttle. Broadcasting their intent to the blockading fleet, the pair of ships moved to safe distance and blasted off into hyperspace, the pair of Jedi and the Thyrsian and Echani aboard.

----

Meanwhile, within the palace, a riotous laugh echoed through the vaulted ceilings of the Throne Room. One of the guards standing just behind the one who had so dramatically attempted to cover her embarrassment could no longer contain his mirth at this entertaining specimen who had entered their presence. Impulsively, he broke formation to cross the room and sit on the floor beside her. For a moment, it appeared that his break in formality might earn him the wrath of a commander, as all the other guards looked back and forth at each other as though something was drastically amiss.

Pulling off his helmet, he looked at Ailbasí with a twinkle in his dark eyes. "You are no Sith, for whatever your paperwork says. Tell me, do you know who I am?"

He punctuated his spontaneity by seizing a piece of her nerf jerky and gnawing on it, revealing perfectly straight and glimmering teeth that matched the picture plastered on the outside of the crates of packaged meals lining the room.

Tl4A6Q9.png

As the CoreSec and Jedi forces pulled out faster than the Force with Shmi, Deltas two wings of starfighters continued their slow circles in front of the St. Cathryne and the Marie. The wind howled against the cockpit of the Uriel as Delta banked the ARC hard to starboard with a push of his foot, adjusting the pitch of the engines and the position of the ailerons to bring his fighterbomber to bear on the Onderonian forces. As the rest of the ARCs fell in behind him in ‘V’ like formation the TIE Defenders, TIE Interdictors, Scimitar Assault Bombers, and K-Wings fell in as well behind the jamming cloud. Resuming their same positions relative to the Sith fleet as they had when the OSC forces had been spotted. The OSC would have to issue a stand down order soon, otherwise, there would be quite the hell to pay. He and his men asked for orders through the Sith battlemind, begging for the chance to turn a thousand souls into slag.

Delta knew that Exodus and the others had a plan, a plan he would not deviate from, even if it meant throwing their starfighters against the mass of V-Wings that were gathered around the OSC Paladin. It wouldn't be much of a fight, the Sith would win, and the OSC could either surrender without loosing a thousand brave men and women, or they could go down with some semblance of hounour. Representing their state, their king, their world. Blotted from existence in the face of the Sith war machine. A pretty light show for the citizens who didn't have family members in the Onderon Space Command.

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

Rruror'rur'rr made the treeline with nothing stopping him and no enemies in sight. Ducking behind a large prickly shrubbery nestled between several trees, Rruror'rur'rr paused to look around. The shock of the massive plantlife around him was almost too much to bear.

How is it that we are cursed to wander a land tormented for our past sins, but here, amongst the devils of hell, they have plants? and where there are plants there is water....

He could almost taste the water. The humidity in the air, albeit not much, was practically like bathing compared to the harsh dryness of his home of Tatooine. Looking back and forth, it did not appear as if anyone or thing was coming after him; but if these devils were anything like there descendants who had come back to his homeland they would be. They could not leave well enough alone when he or any other of his chosen brothers or sisters succeeded against them. Watching the open hatchway of the metallic beast whose gut he had just escaped from, Rruror'rur'rr was confident enough that it would be only a matter of time before it belched forth more devils better prepared to try and end him.

To die in hell would be quite a story to add to our history; but to live and return having slain many devils....

Gently hooking his gaderfi to two loops on his back, via his bandoleers, Rruror'rur'rr unslung his rifle from his shoulder and expertly fed several rounds into the open chamber until it was fully loaded. Gently poking the rifle through the foliage before him he adjusted slightly so he was lying on the soft plant-covered ground with just enough view through the scope of his rifle to see the maw of the metallic beast and the immediate area. Now all he would have to do was wait.

The Tusken's patience paid off as several minutes passed with no movement aside from the buzzing of a few nearby insects and the call of distance birds then stepping out of the entrance was a white feathered being in a flight suit with an orange bill and a gaudy bicorn hat that obviously would identify him as the captain to anyone remotely familiar with naval history and rank - something Rruror'rur'rr was not. In his hands was what could only be an obnoxiously large firearm.

As the duck-like being stepped down pointing his rocket launcher to the left and the right, Rruror'rur'rr heard him shouting,

Come out, come out wherever you a....

Before the duck-billed captain could finish his comment/threat a single shot rang out and in a spray of blood and feathers the captain's head exploded and his body fell backwards, sending a single rocket exploding out of the launcher as it hit the ground, spiraling upwards into the air.

As the captain had stepped out, Rruror'rur'rr pulled his rifle tightly up into his shoulder and centered his scope on the feathered demon, following him with the rifle, he gently squeezed off a single shot. Keeping the rifle up until the being in his sites hit the landing pad. Just as quickly, he rolled to his feet and set off at a trot further into the trees away from the hell he had escaped of and off into the unknown.

Making a clearing, Rruror'rur'rr paused only to glance to his left and right before trying to skirt around the edges. His movements did not go unnoticed though. Suddenly from the skies that had been clear only a moment before a huge winged creature covered in numerous spikes dropped out of the sky with an appropriately demon-like screech, landing hard enough in front of Rruror'rur'rr to shake the ground ever so slightly. Rearing up, it stared down at the Tusken and screeched

Onderon was free.

The resistance had all but crumbled, and the ridiculous bravado on the faces of their opposition surrendered to the supremacy of the Sith. Two birds with one stone, and the weapon itself noticeably fetched no trace of blood on either kill. The execution was above reproach. The assumption that the Sith armies had overdrawn their hand for one man, was the underestimation that would drive the rats from this planet in short order. Onderon now belonged to them and would thrive beneath the dominion of the Sith, not wither into oblivion as the Galactic Alliance would have it. The Dark Lord cared not for the squabbling of lesser governing bodies, for the true Sith Empire had come at last. The culture and the people would confront a process of metamorphosis that would bring their civilization to a golden pinnacle, and would further ripen the rise of the Sith.

Once the Jedi and CoreSec had turned tail, the communication scramble would lift with but a thought, and the world of Onderon would sigh with a heavy rebirth. Provisional ships under the mandate of Kain had arrived at last, and made preparations to not only restore the impairment caused throughout the city, but to overhaul particular constructs that were dated and ineffective to the evolution of Iziz. The agreement still held, and the face of the rebuild was attributed to the Sith Empire, however, the amount owed was settled by way of the lump sum that was previously transferred by Faust. The residuals would be spilled into other projects and Exodus would command his advisors to see it spent well.

The patrolling Sith Troopers managed the pieces of Faust securely into the holding cage of the personal chariot of the Dark Lord, as well as the gathered relics, and then continued their rounds around the public square. Inside the Lightbreaker, the weighted voice of Raynuk Montar channeled through the encrypted system, ensuring the message of the strange droids, the multi-layered tribute, and his personal ambitions were acknowledged. Kain was impeccable with his timing and efficiency, and his deliverance of the small bit of intelligence would not go unnoticed. Exodus sat restfully inside the cabin, and found it also satisfying that the weathered Warrior was now communicating his occurrences. The gathering of the Sith had been a success, and it truly showed as an example for things to come throughout this takeover. Exodus was not entirely convinced of those around him still, he dragged his hand over the console in slight frustration, knowing there was far more ahead that the Force would only show him in pieces.

--

"Lord Kain. Your next move is to integrate with the remnants of the Onderonian Forces. Absorb what we can use, erase what we cannot."

"Lord Sheog. Your apprentice has made her way to the Palace. Coordinate and ensure she does not fail. The Monarchy must step into the Dark, once again."

"Lord Delta. Conclude your business up there. They are not so foolish to tempt us further, they will scurry back to whatever hole they came from soon enough. You will hit the ground, and scout an appropriate outpost for your men here. That is where we will move forward swiftly,

.. And conceive the fall of the Galactic Alliance.

P3UXctm.gif

The Marie dropped its jamming as soon as Faust was eliminated, the threat had been taken care of. There was still the threat of CoreSec, but they had largely started to stand down, and so in turn did the Sith fleet. The St. Cathryne deactivated its weapons systems, relaying a message to the Onderonian defense fleet letting them know everything was now fine on the surface, but that the Sith would be staying to ensure cleanup efforts would remain unimpeded. Diplomatic proceedings to include a truce and potential alliance were in talks down on the planet surface, and there was nothing to currently fear from the Sith. An offer was even included inviting the ODF to participate in friendly war games to pass the time and to sharpen their skills. If they resisted peace, Kain would find a way to simply destroy them.

Meanwhile, Kain extracted himself from underground, checking on the status of his digital viral infections, and after a bit received a networked response that the viruses had blanketed most of the critical infrastructure systems on the planet. Within little time, he would be able to subtly manipulate things on a larger scale. An economy was a delicate thing, but an AI dedicated to making subtle changes could drastically alter things for the better or worse. Meanwhile, the construction crews continued their jobs, having almost made major progress in repairing the larger structures of the royal palace. Elsewhere, crews began construction on other, newer structures. Public shelters in the case of natural disasters or invasions, as well as improvements to some of the ODF's defensive capabilities, though those would likely take a while.

All of this was constantly relayed in concise textual reports to the Dark Lord. Everything was proceeding according to his design. Here the Sith would stand. Here they would regain their glory and use Onderon and its system as a springboard to blanket the rest of the galaxy in security through force. The weak would be culled, the unworthy used as best they could, and the strong would rise. Kain returned to his craft, disguised once more as the Ambassador so as not to raise alarms, and sat in the cockpit. There was much to do in the galaxy, and was high time he reached out and did it.

O1IsDR9.png

Like my posts? Google "zalgo font."

If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, have some taste.
Use all your well-learned politics, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

As soon as they had re-entered the command center to finalise the extraction Skye murmured softly, “Forgive my need for a hasty retreat Commissioner. Things were definitely not what they appeared here. I now have additional information with regards to Faust which was given to me from another of the Wraiths. Once we have departed here I will tell you the information. Onderon is notoriously a darkside planet - the only reason I was tolerated here was because we were trying to stop Faust. That being the case I do not believe the Sith will destroy the population here. I do acknowledge that they have killed off their own people in the past, though in theory, the people of Onderon should be alright.” She paused, shifting her gaze so she took in all of her companions, “The Dark Lord may have “killed” that metallic body though it will not be the last we’ve heard from Faust. He will be back.”.

Since Skye would be traveling with Xae, her belongings were packed up on the Raisonneur and transferred to the shuttle. As Tenebris walked with the Jedi to the boarding ramp of the Lambda Class shuttle Skye shook his hand and said, “I’ll see you at the rendezvous Commissioner, Lux.” The Healer followed Xae in and helped prep for departure… they were soon leaving Onderon behind.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The Huge Reptavian screeched down at Rruror'rur'rr, spittle raining down on the robe-clad Tusken.

Hellspawn!

Standing perfectly still, Rruror'rur'rr looked at the beast before him, only realizing that in this moment, stuck in a fate worse than death, had not only he lost his family and his world, but also his beloved mount, The Bantha, B'thaz.

Cursed. I have to be cursed!

Still, in that moment, Rruror'r'rur'rr knew. he knew that it did not matter wether he lived or died. he had beaten the devils and escaped his bonds. Still, he was trapped in hell for all he knew, but in truth on a faraway world, with only one sun and he was alone; completely and totally alone save for this vicious beast before him.

Alone. Completely alone. The pain of that realization echoed through the force. Rruror'rur'rr was alone in an uncharted hellscape that he had no idea how to escape from. Even if he survived what would it bring? He would only fight more devils and more hellspawned beasts until one day he grew too old to carry himself to victory or the devils so outnumbered him that he would have no chance of survival. Who then would tell of his legendary prowess against the demons and devils? There must be a survivor to tell the tales.

It was in this sense of despair that the Tusken suddenly felt a kindred spirit. before him, in the mere moments it took to cover him in spittle and screech, Rruror'rur'rr sensed it. Another who was afraid and alone. Lost from any being he knew or anything familiar. There before him was another being, a survivor, who sought to fight against the hell he was entrapped in. Rruror'rur'rr had no way of knowing that the massive winged reptavian before him had stumbled from his homeworld of Dxun, the moon orbiting Onderon. He had no way to tell that since then the beast had roamed the wilds of the planet seeking to survive, driven away by his own kind due to his light pink hued skin, as opposed to the normal dark purple skin tone of their kind. Regardless though, in that moment, something between the two connected. Here, alone in this hellish landscape of confusion with no way out, two souls had found one another. Just as on Tatooine, when a Tusken or his mount perished, the other was pitied and left to wander the endless dunes. And should their previous rider or bantha's spirit smile down on them, they might be granted a new comrade.

In this moment, beneath his mask, Rruror'rur'rr knew, even as far away from home as he was, trapped in hell, his friend, his bantha, smiled down upon him.

Perhaps, I am not so far away after all. Perhaps we can live.

Here before him, the Drexl too sought companionship and together the two had found it. Dropping his rifle to the ground with a clatter, Rruror'rur'rr drew a sharp stone bladed knife from his belt and bent over and began to unwrap his right leg until he had exposed his flesh to the massive winged beast before him who by now had fallen silent and stood staring, his body heaving with each fetid breath, watching the small human Tusken before him. As flesh was exposed, Rruror'rur'rr took the knife and with a Tusken battle cry sliced deeply into his leg, blood spurting forth onto the ground of the cursed land beneath them.

Seeing this, the Drexl seemd to understand and turned, biting it's own wing until blood dripped forth. The giant best then lowered it's wing to the ground where his blood and the blood of the Tusken mingled together on the ground. Stepping forward, Rruror'rur'rr pressed his wound against the Drexl and the blood of one being flowed into the other.

Triumphantly, Rruror'rur'rr raised his blade held hand to the sky and looked towards the single sun and roared in defiant, his shout drowned out by the screech of the beast as he joined in.

Raka....His name shall be Raka.

As the voice of the Dark Lord filled his head Delta dropped his jamming field with a press of a button on his control panel. Below the cockpit, slung between the fuselage and the hardened outer layer of the crew section the Seinar Fleet Systems modified RC092 ECM integrated jamming package ceased operation. Power fully restored to engines, the ARCs shot into a dive over the city of Iziz, their sensors sweeping the landscape from the long double antennae that extended from the snub drooping nose of the black painted fighterbomber. This sensor data, matched and registered alongside the data from the more powerful but less precise sensors of the Marie soon formed a comprehensive 3d map of the expansive city. The operations commander, looking over the populating map in the projector bed onboard the Marie, indicated a possible location on the edge of the city, in the mountainous, wooded terrain that made up so much of the planet. It was a stable location, easily accessed from the air, with a view of the entire city and the damaged palace.

Within the hour, a large contingent of Black Sun Marines had secured the area and were busy stringing detcord from tree to tree in a kilometer wide circle. As the Marie positioned overhead, the marines detonated the cords, flattening the woody terrain in a rough outline for the Marie and construction ships to make a landing. Within another hour, the first prefab landing platform was erected by construction droids to mixed cheers of the troops on the ground. The fuel tanks were filled from reserves brought in from Mechis III, and within another hour, most of the starfighters were parking in flights to refuel. The ARCs stayed where they parked, their engines primed in case they needed to engage any GA forces that decided to counter attack.

Onderon Advanced Forward Base:

Multiple kilometers wide, the base would have multiple landing platforms for the air defense fighters to base off of. In the center of the platforms the tower that made up the majority of resources dedicated to making the base loomed. A large satellite dish reached heavenwards from its center, intended to quickly transfer communications from the core worlds to the expansive Sith Empire. Below the tower, in hardened bunkers, the central command station sat, its large map room showing the spiral galaxy in all its expanse, as the war planning department plotted attack vectors towards the Core. Below the landing platforms, the construction droids slowly erected large training stations to accommodate and train thousands of troops and pilots in the expensive sim stations.

When finished, this base would be protected by an expansive network of heavy turbolaser towers and point defense guns. With landing fields large enough for frigates and corvettes.

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

Prydein Armes looked dismally into his cup at the last remnants of coffee grounds that stared back at him mockingly. Not much chance of exiting the cell anytime soon. Not much a chance of grabbing another cup either. With the Sith occupation, no one had been to the drunk holding cells in over two days. He was the only one in the bloody place, and he had come in totally shitfaced so it was possible that they had just forgotten about him. He breathed sharply out between his teeth and pulled at a seam in his tunic until a small pack of glitterstim emerged from the lining. A little packet of courage and honour.

With a deep inhale, the packet was gone, and he was no longer hungry. So that was nice. But it was his last packet. So he was a goner soon enough. So he would wait. At least until he could grab the saber from his belt across the room. He stretched out but the force failed him again. As always.

“Gods damn it!”

ROSEOFCSHARON.png.1c839ef05c26256052b4d3a8e8030872.png

Behold the Rose of Sharon is burning in the valley 

• There were eyes everywhere.

Outside of the walls of Iziz, and inside the primeval forests that surrounded them, Exodus could feel them come alive. Their watch was cold and primitive, creatures of the wild that stalked with unquestionable curiosity. Lord Exodus allowed his presence to fill the lands, indulging the dangerous territory with a gushing outflow of his Dark Power. Barbarous Rupings pounded their wings and squaked to the skies, free-spirited Dalgos trampled ahead with hooves that echoed throughout the forestry, while packs of Pikobi gabbled to one another from behind the shelter of mountainous trees.

“You machines can detect them, but your reach is disappointingly detached. I can feel them, I am inside of their minds, their carnivorous thoughts scream for them to kill and to feast.” Exodus spoke outwardly, and to no one in particular, with an air of immunity fastened to his deep voice. He marched leisurely through the forest in powerful company, following a pathway that had already fashioned itself by way of time and nature. Six tremendous droids encircled his slow reconnaissance, each of them substantially equipped in heavy black armor, etched with the most remarkable alchemical carvings. Their trudge through the soil was a lot heavier, a menacing crush that was so synonymous between the six of them, that Exodus began to wonder if they’d soon turn on him in short order. The thought did not breed fear, it conceived excitement. The six of them remained quiet and steadfast in their patrol, ignorant to what their master meant.

• "..You know, the runes that you all are dressed in, reek of the Dark Side, your creators will have some explaining to do." Exodus smiled deceptively to himself, pushing forward..

P3UXctm.gif

Soon enough Rruror'rur'rr found himself mounted atop Raka, his self-inflicted wound bandaged and his flesh covered completely in line with the Tusken way. Beneath his masked mouth, Rruror'rur'rr grinned wider than he had since the night he had come home after capturing and torturing to death a skiff full of Hutt enforcers. That had been the day he returned home, a man; the day he had met his mate; the day he had been bonded with his Bantha. All of those fond memories swirled through his mind, yet somehow, here, up in the air, gliding over the overgrown plantl ife beneath a single sun in this hellish landscape, he found a sense of joy.

The Ancestors are smiling upon me. No, I shall not die here. I shall subjugate this hell to ensure it too does not befall the same fate as my people

As the 10 meter wings each beat the air and the cool wind ripped through his loose robes, Rruror'rur'rr and Raka came over a hillock; before them lay the sprawling cityscape of Iziz. Suddenly, a mass of smaller winged creatures erupted out of the treescape and a wave of dark side energy swept over the Tusken and his Drexl companion causing them to jerk upwards on massive wings.

Circling away, Rruror'rur'rr was unsure what had happened, but the wave of power was enough to give him pause in this hell. Before he confronted such a powerful force he would need to find other brethren banished to this place.

Giving the city a wide berth, the duo circled until Rruror'rur'rr saw an opening, a crack in the walls.

Yes. This must be where they are holding my brethren

Driving Raka downwards towards a tree that stood taller than it's surrounding planty kin, Rruror'rur'rr lept, grabbing a large branch and with simian-like reflexes and skill, swung from branch to branch groundwards until he was close enough to safely land with a roll in the damp leaves covering the ground. Coming to his feet, Gaderfi in hand, Rruror'rur'rr found himself glancing about the surrounding wood.

Silence fell over the throne room as Ailbasí’s brain tried to process the events that were currently happening and failed horribly. What felt like weeks passed as she tried to figure out if she was having a nightmare or had in fact died and this was some kind of sexy heaven wish fulfillment scenario. A quick glance confirmed that she was in fact wearing clothes, so this wasn’t a dream about awkward embarrassment, so maybe instead of dying from blushing she’d just be tragically crippled for the rest of her life.

“Maybe the Sith aren’t always what people say they are. I mean they put up with me for some time without killing me, and I’m both awkward and unfashionable.”

*Elsewhere, a vignette of scenes plays out across Onderon, as the prince’s plans to create a more formidable defense force play out in a number of ways. Mercenaries from a short list of names are contacted with job offers to modernize and oversee the armament of Onderon’s forces, and a bounty is put out for any cult of Morthos members involved in Faust’s terrorist actions in the system.

At an Onderonian jail, a man caged by addiction is given a second chance to find freedom from both of his prisons in a new military program, all he has to do is sign on the dotted line.

Outside of the walls of Iziz, Morthos cult deserters try to make off with goods looted in the pandemonium of the Sith occupation. Little do they know that their efforts have not escaped the notice of an unlikely intervener.

NYRYS.png

For the most part, construction proceeded rapidly. The damage from the struggle with the Deceiver was all but hidden by the repairs, only a few final touches from contracted restoration artists would bring the artistry back to the palace, and that would take some time to complete. The other facilities were built, more or less, skeletons capable of performing function over design appeal. Right now, Kain's work was done.

The Sword Logic lifted from its spot, climbing high into orbit. Soon, the Sith would have this world in their grasp. Whether they could defend it would be an interesting question, but Kain was ready to tackle the task by laying groundwork elsewhere.

O1IsDR9.png

Like my posts? Google "zalgo font."

If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, have some taste.
Use all your well-learned politics, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Signing on the dotted line on the datapad had never been easier, and for someone just coming down from a long high, it was a good decision. The military would provide a place to come down, de stress, and eventually turn his life around. Prydein grinned as he was escorted out of the cell and into a long line of men and women, after the medical checkup he was prescribed biter drugs that stopped the cravings for glitterstim, they were prohibitively expensive for a poor person like himself, but government seemed to be able to give em out like candy.

His long hair was trimmed back into a military haircut, and soon he was in the olive green uniform of a new recruit and in a barracks full of eager young men and women. Youths itching to defend their home planet from the threat of the GA or Remnant.

ROSEOFCSHARON.png.1c839ef05c26256052b4d3a8e8030872.png

Behold the Rose of Sharon is burning in the valley 

It took little time at all, if not a bit more concentration than normal, for Rruror'rur'rr to move silently and shadow-like through the wooded undergrowth. It took no time at all for him to reach the edge of the wood, staring up across the clearing at the high walled exterior of Iziz-a wall built to keep monsters out A wall to keep the devils safe from their own hell. If only they knew the terror that awaits them outside their precious walls

It was then that fortune smiled upon our wayward Tusken. At that moment, several brown clad humanoids could be seen skittering out of the crack in the wall, working together to toss several bags of unidentified items, including several larger wrapped items that were obviously of some value, if the low-level shouting and violent shushing following the toppling of one of the larger items tumbling to the ground. Quietly, with years of precision experience, Rruror'rur'rr slid his gaderfi away on his belt and slid his rifle off his shoulder.

Devils

He knew they must be, for even they, despite their strange brown dress akin to that of many of the invaders on his homeworld and their only half-covered face. Pulling his rifle up to his shoulder, Rruror'rur'rr stared down the barrel through the primitive scope, bringing the first of the group of looters into his sights.

At that very moment, a weathered Skiff that had clearly seen better days, decades ago, whined to a stop near the tangle of looters and two more men got off, totaling eight men in total now.

Devils

He was sure now. Devils that were stealing from devils.

Despicable

Gently squeezing the trigger, the aged rifle cracked, jumping with a life of it's own into Rruror'rur'rr's firmly pressed shoulder.

CRACK

CRACK

Three shots rang out and across the open clearing, spraying a mist of blood on the walls and skiff and throwing the remaining five men into pandemonium.

Two more shots rang out as the remaining looters scurried for cover behind their skiff. Two more looters hit the soft earth and ceased moving.

By this time, several blaster bolts were zinging into the woods around where Rruror'rur'rr had been shooting from; however, by now the Tusken had rolled aside behind a tree and stood up; rifle held upwards in front of himself. Beneath his mask, Rruror'rur'rr smiled.

These devils have more spirit than the last ones

With a gutteral cry, "Prodorissac'ru'ru'tuyiskt'uli'urrak" Rruror'rur'rr turned and took two steps backwards, keeping the tree between he and the devils, and dove into a stand of bushes. Pulling himself through the bushes and along the ground, several rounds zinged through the bushes, all well clear of the Tusken, Rruror'rur'rr twisted and rolled through the fallen leaves; popping up to crack off a single round back in the direction of his adversaries before scurrying forward in a trot like gallop using his free hand and legs, his rifle held in his other hand.

Rruror'rur'rr managed to easily circle about, just as the three remaining cultists/looters had loaded themselves up into their skiff twisting the skiff around to go back the direction they came, leaving much of the bags and lotted items lying on the ground; but not before, Rruror'rur'rr hefted his rifle back up to his shoulder and sent a solid slug sailing into the engine compartment of the skiff, causing it to leave a trail of oily smoke to waft upwards into the air after the fleeing looters. CRACK

Slowly lowering his rifle, Rruror'rur'rr glanced to the left and right. He did not sense any danger for the moment. With a grunt to himself, the Tusken slunk forward towards the bagged loot. perhaps these devils left me something useful......

While in route to Onderon updated orders were sent to the Crimson Star, it appeared that the local government wanted him to locate and transport an escaped Tuscan Raider, not a normal request but it seems they wanted him to assist with what ever job he was doing so he saw no reason to complain. The communication included a rough location for the Tuskan as well as a warning that he may be dangerous. Turning to his second Drogan smirked "Its been a long time since anyone has warned us about someone being dangerous, this should be fun if nothing else, and before you say it yes I will try talking to this man first."

The remaining trip to Onderon was fairly simple. Upon arriving and receiving permission to enter into atmosphere the Crimson Star began a low sweep of the region where the Tuskan was supposedly hunting/surviving. Drogan was impressed at how well he was doing for himself on an alien world but it also didn't take very long to find him, it seems they had caught him on a good day, at least for him, not so much for the men it looked like had been killed. While maintaining a fairly decent altitude he surveyed the are, the Tuskan didn't seem to know they were there and didn't seem to really have any form of allies.

"We will land in a nearby clearing and make our way to his hunting ground. Two men will remain with the ship, one man will be loaded out for stealth with a sniper rifle and a stun rifle, the remaining three will follow me at a distance of 25 yards in full armor and armed with heavy weapons. No one is to act without my permission." After the appropriate responses were given the landing began and Drogan donned his armor and standard weapon load out. He would forgo the helmet, no sense in concerning the Tuskan by hiding his face.

The landing and fanning out of the sniper when off without a hitch, and it took only about 5 minutes to traverse the forest to where they had last seen the Tuskan. Stopping about 15 yards outside the clearing, he stopped to watch his target going about his looting of the goods. After making sure they were well and truly alone Drogan walked into the clearing.

"Well met my friend and congrats on the good hunting, I was asked to talk to you on a matter of working with the local government."

8Gmvk06.png

The overly insane Hutt pushed himself into the Commander’s meeting, which had assembled within the barracks of the Royal Gaurd. According to his intelligence report, hand delivered by Tau’vang his trusted Ewok Butler, the meeting was to address the Sith takeover of the world and to form a protest. The Hutt Sith wore only his monocle as he slithered in through the servant’s entrance, listening to the uproarous debate around him

“We cannot allow for such evil to take root here!”

The Hutt observed a pompously large man take the floor, his chest full of war-medals and rank insignias.

...Such a vexing display for a world that has been at peace for millennia…

The man’s soft voice erupted with alcohol-slurred anger, which was accompanied by the gyrations of his enormous belly, and the jingling of his medals.

“The demons come in the form of a white furrbeast… Much like what my son dresses up like for Dxun-con… And it has corrupted our Prince!”

Sheog’s crimson eyes narrowed as he began to devour and direct their rising paranoia. A chorus of cheers erupted from the ranks, along with anti-furry chants that would make any self-respecting Coruscanti triggered at the social injustice.

“I say we take back our country, form a government in exile, and beg the Jedi to come back to fight for us, and run away at the first sight of battle!”

The crowd’s cheers were more confused than enthusiastic. Quizzical looks were exchanged like AIDS in a bathhouse.

<>

The Hutt moved through the crowd, moving generals aside with his ornate walking staff. He glanced over at a broadshouldered woman who glared at him with the hazel eyes that spoke volumes about her lack of a fatherfigure.

<<...And Ladies who were brought in for diversity…>>

The Hutt placed a chubby finger to his soppingly moist lips, as if hushing them. He blew a few chunks of half-solidified spittle over an elderly man, dousing his glasses and causing him to fall.

<>

“I think I’ve broken a HIP!”

The Hutt coughed awkwardly and continued

<>

“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up! Someone call my caretak-”

Sheog beat the man into the mauve shag carpeting with his tail. Each powerful slam shattered the man further, until he was nothing more than chunky bits of person.

<>

The faces of Onderon’s commanding forces looked at him in horror. The Hutt’s voice became terrified as he summoned the Force about him as a shield

<>

The Hutt tore each of the evil bone-beasts from their humanly husks, splintering them with powerful thrusts of his chubby fists, his grotesque tail, or the pommel of his walking stick. When he was finished, he was blubbering with a lack of breath, and sopping with sweat. He heaved a sigh as he looked across the masses of flesh, dotted with powdered bone.

<>

He reached down with a dripping fist and gathered a handful of the white powder in his palm. The Hutt Sith took out a credit voucher and snorted the powder through it into his sagging nostrils. The rush made him feel alive, and he could almost sense the life he was devouring. His eyes widened and he beckoned to the crowd of now-dead generals and admirals with a gesture of welcome. He placed a contract on the podium, and held out a quill made from the finest rump-feathers of the Kriclasvern, an extinct inhabitant of Mechis III, which the Hutt had hunted to extinction after a prolonged campaign of genocide.

<>

The Lord of the Krath began to growl with frustration, the quivering sound of half-digested food reverberating in his gullet. The lack of movement from Onderon's ruling class was beginning to annoying him.

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?