Tempay

Tarrian Skywalker

Ara smiled.

"After all this, you still pulled through, Aryian. That is the mark of a true Jedi. Whether we like it or not, the darkness sometimes touches us. But whether or not we overcome it is the difference between a Jedi and a Sith. You came through, and I think you deserve that title."

Grinning even wider, she bowed. "Welcome, Master Darkfire, and congratulations on completing your trial, albeit an unexpected one."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

The wanderings of Talon led him through to the heart of the establishment. It was here he began to feel calm. Apprentices trained without worry. Masters taught without fear. This was a place of peace... of honor... Strangely, Talon felt at home. It was on this journey however, that led him to a solitary piece of torment. He was outside the med-lab, more specifically the cloning chamber, when he felt a tortured soul come to life. Talon reached out with the Force to investigate this lone pain. This only disturbance of the peace. He discovered death.

Jurha Kahn's death, and her confusion, and her pain were not concealed. She felt defeated and alone- a failure to her people. Not so different from himself, so very long ago. It was probably this memory, which surfaced in the exile Talon's mind, that drew him to this woman. He had overcome that failure. Could she? While she remained in the closed chamber, Talon simply waited. Very very subtly though the Force, he offered her his support. He knew how she felt, and he sympathized. If she noticed him at all, she gave no sign. It was not long, however, before she exited and at once set off for guidance- the council chambers. He too, wished to speak to the council- not for guidance, but to have something to do. After several minutes of retaking in the serenity of the surrounding area, Talon followed Jurha's footsteps towards the council chambers. The sight he stumbled into was odd indeed.

The Jedi woman from the cloning chambers was waiting, and three Jedi sat with their lightsabers plunged into a set of blast doors. Interesting, considering the blast doors should only be closed in emergencies. When he reached out to sense what was behind the door, however, everything was clouded and too murky to see. All he could interpret was Master Ara inside with Aryian Darkfire, the Jedi he had fought with on Coruscant. He simply approached the door opposite Jurha, and spoke to Nom in a soothing tone.

"Perhaps we are not meant to open these doors, Nom."

The Jedi glanced up from his saber lodged in the door. Talon had no idea if he recognized him, but it didn't matter.

"Perhaps Aryian and Ara must work out whatever's going on in there..."

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

((My lightsaber is on Tatooine, so I couldn't have done anything to the door. ^_^;;; Just clairifing for those, if any, that missed it.))

Jurha placed her hand on the blast door. Inside she felt turmoil, but as soon as she tried to get closer to it a dark wall baracaded her entrace. She stood back and sighed. She could feel her master in there, but she found her self feeling very detached and unpassionate to the whole situation.

Probably emotionally drained from everything else. If Aryian wanted her he would have called. More than likely she would only get in the way. Whatever that dark presense was it was violent, and Jurha wasn't terribly enthused about dying again.

She watched Nom plunge his saber into the door.

"That won't work... It's a blast door. You'll be there for an hour before you get a opening large enough to fit your head through..." Jurha said nonchalantly not really making an attempt to stop him.

"Perhaps we are not meant to open these doors, Nom," an approaching Jedi said. Jurha vaguely recognized him from one of Aryian's whirl-wind planetary tours of Borelias. "Perhaps Aryian and Ara must work out whatever's going on in there..."

Jurha closed her eyes and watched through the Force as the dark energy dispated and burned away. It bled out then shrank like a dry leaf on fire. It reminded her of Jareth on Haruun Kal expelling the dark side from his body.

Jurha chewed on her lower lip. She was becoming awful curious about what was or had happened inside the chamber. She asumed carefully indulging her girlish need for mischief was in order. So long as she wasn't going to be the one taking the hits.

"If you want to get in so badly," she said with her hands behind her back, standing off to the side, "Try hot wiring the control panel beside the door."

She smiled wanly at Talon with a shrug. She through to her self, At least it would keep everyone preoccupied while we wait.

It was too bad Aryian was on the other side of the locked door, he would have had the blast door open before any one else opened the panel.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

*Kirlocca made a few more quick adjustments to the final program, and began to download to main outline of the defense program on his datapad, for there, he would send it to Ara.*

I'm going to need a long vacation after this, or something to help me relax a bit.

*A loud beep went that pull the jedi master out of his thoughts. The beep was letting him know that his download was fully completed. The wookiee walked his way towards the jedi council chambers with the new defense system outline in his hands. He stoped at the door and waited for permission to enter to room.*

Aryian, blushing, quickly stammmered his thanks, and also bowed to the new arrival of Hale.

"If you will excuse me, master, I must get some rest. This whole thing has me rather...tired."

((The lightsabers weren't in the door anymore, they were on the floor. The door is fine again, and unlocked. It only needs to be keyed open.))

Aryian slowly backed up, a little nervous. He really needed to calm down. Meditate. That was the first thing that came to his mind, and it sounded relaxing. After something like this, he needed it.

He reached the blast doors, and hit the open switch. Slowly yet surely, they did open, to reveal several Jedi outside the door.

The ones that were going to defend Ara...

He looked at them for a few seconds, which to him at the time seemed like eons, and quickly walked down the hall towards the meditation rooms. Perhaps in time his little infraction would blow over and the rest of the Jedi might forget about it alltogether, but for now, he needed his solace.

Halfway there, he had to use the refresher. If it was possible, he walked even quicker to the nearest, happily taking a leak from a long day. Billions of nanites flooded out of his body, turning his urine a liquid silver color. Strange.

Glad to be rid of the pesky little buggers, he went back to the meditation rooms, and sat down for a long relaxing meditation session.

EDIT: ((I'll be gone over the weekend... ))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

"They hand out Master Status to anyone these days. It took Hou-Jo twice as long, and he's twice as deserving." He turned to Jurha.

"Why, hello there. Nice to meet you. I'm Kenobi, vote for me for Jedi Senator." He shook her hand, than sighed and knelt against the wall.

He looked up to ceiling and closed his eyes. He was able to feel her as of recently. It was reassuring for a change. Maybe it was Talon that had reminded him.

Ara's ears practically twitched at the sound of Kenobi's voice. She looked at him critically as she walked over.

"Do not judge without knowing, Kenobi. That is the worst anyone can do to another person." Easing up a bit, she gave a small smile. "And Hou-Jo is in the process of his master trials as we speak, a special mission set up by Malin, actually."

Looking around at the crowd gathered by the door, Ara blinked. "Why are all of you here?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Delita was quite perplexed at all that had happened within a few minutes in tempay...

"to tell you the truth, i am a bit lost in this discussion and events, you'll have to refer all inquiries to master Nom..."

Delita felt a scratch in his left hand... he looked down and for a split moment it seemed black... what is this? he thougt to himself... i must be tired... i hope i'm tired...

Delita quickly turned and headed towards his ship,

"i'll talk to you later master, fill me in on what happens..." he whispered to his master as he walked by...

Delita.jpg

accept the challenges so you can feel the exhiliration of victory
-General George S. Patton

Dhan-Jaroe chuckled at Ara.

"How Naive. The word 'Master' means nothing anymore. It's more of a title than it has ever been. The jedi die because they aren't properly trained." He laughed again. He would think Ara of all people, the leader of the jedi, would understand what it takes and means to be a Master. If Master was a rank that was a cheap store item, than Knight status was given as handouts.

"I came to discuss the election of a Senator for the Order. That is all."

With that, Dhan-Jaroe left the area to meditate.

OOC: This is by no means an attack on Aryian, btw.

Ara frowned. Master was never a "cheap status" by any means. And Jedi dying...that was generally due to brashness and thoughts of the Jedi being immortal by some means, something she couldn't control in others.

How rude.

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Jurha blinked slightly in shock.

"Did he just say what I think he said...?" She watched the Jedi who had introduced himself as Kenobi walk away.

Jurha cringed, "I'm not sure I want him to be senator if he's gonna say things like that..."

It was pretty insulting... But he might have been right... Jurha did feel she had been Knighted too soon, her death on Tatooine seemed to be a testiment of that. On the other hand Aryian did seem to move at a pace three times faster than everyone else... He did just get recognized as a Master.

Everyone moves at their own speed. It will all happen when they're ready, Jurha remembered Azu telling her over a cooking pot of stew. It was just near impossible to gauge someone's speed.

Jurha sighed. Even if Kenobi was right about how easy it was to move up in the "ranks" of the Jedi there were better ways to say it. He didn't seem to care how Ara chose masters or have any desire to change how she chose. That was a very out side and impartial of him... He wanted to represent the Jedi?

Jurha wondered how long it would be before she understood the people she had joined on this undefined crusade of good and the light side.

Jurha looked to Ara, "I, uh... I failed. I died trying to save Airleas. I... I couldn't even protect her. I was caught total off guard... I was dead before I knew what happened..."

She suddenly realized how easily she could blame her death for those around her and their failure to assist her.... No! She was responsible for her self and the failure was her own.

"Airleas... is probably dead... and I..." Jurha stopped speaking and turned away, she stepped in the door way to the now empty council chamber, "I messed up and that really bothers me. I'm confused, and angry, and I don't know what I should think. If there was someone I could talk to... When there's time."

Jurha walked into the council chamber, sat down in a dark corner of the room by her self, and continuously wiped the corners of her eyes with her sleeves until the skin started becoming irritated.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Talon smiled ever so slightly as Ara popped out of the council room and addressed the crowd that had gathered. Dhan-Jaroe, whom had spoken with him briefly, proceeded to give Ara a hard time. Although he didn't necessarily agree with his methods, DJK was not stupid- on the contrary, he was quite well aware of what was going on. The Jedi were not what they once were, and Talon sought change. This was much of what Talon had to speak about with the council- though he did not wish to do it in the same manner as Kenobi. As present, however, Ara's inquiry still remained unanswered.

"They were here to defend you, Master Ara." He paused- motioning to Nom and his apprentices.

"I was here to speak with the council... But I was not first in line, I think." His eyes passed over to Jurha.

"You did not fail, Jurha. Jedi never fail. They learn and grow and overcome. Speak with the council and let them show you..."

If wisdom was acquired through experience alone, one could call Talon very wise. He had been from one side of the galaxy to the other and seen many things. The exile knew better. He was too brash and too adventurous and too headstrong to be wise. That did not mean, however, that he knew nothing- and this one piece of wisdom was something he had learned long ago. Talon at last broke his gaze with Jurha, and flicked his eyes in the direction of the council chamber as if pointing her onward. The door was open...

((EDIT: It appears that we were posting at the same time... so some of my post is kind of obsolete. ))

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Scorp went back into the training room it was time for something new. HE approched his padawan.

"Well I see you have the. . . Pushing down. However It is time for you to learn another way to distance your self from things. You have learned much in a short time. However now you will pratice using the force to boost your muscles and body process. The first being something simple like jumping. If you would please follow me out side."

Scorp then led his padawan out side. to his ship.

"Normally one would not be able to jump ontop of a ship with out jumping off of something however you will now learn how to reach heights with a simple jump."

Scorp gave a sigh as he thought on how to word this correctly. Then he himself jumped on top of the ship and back down again.

"Ok I want you to feel to force around you. Feel it flowing through you. I want you to gather strengh from the force. Make to force your ally for a powerful ally it is. As your harness the force I Want you to visulaize where you want to land. And then use the focre to help you get there.

And if you become fustrated just remeber these words and you'll be fine

There is no emotion; There is peace."

Scorp then took a step back

"You may begin."

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

"What in the hell?" Zane, the somewhat stocky "reformed" gambler, stepped down out of his Crash Wildfire and surveyed one of the wings. What he saw did not please him in the least-the starboard laser cannon was scorched and scraped, probably in need of repair or at least a new paint job. The navigation computer had given him the notion that there was clear ground for a good three hundred meters, but it had apparently lied; it took a miracle to avoid getting the entire wing ripped off by the hill guilty of scarring his beloved ship. "I swear, that computer's trying to kill me..." He shrugged, secured his ship, and found his way into the base.

He had used a few favors and did a few more to track down one who could teach him to control the "feelings" and "good luck" he had. Given the reputation of the man he sought, Zane wasn't entirely sure of their compatability, but he wasn't expecting "warm fuzzies" anyway. The less than a handful of Jedi he had seen tended to be consumed with a code of ethics more rigid than a ship's hull. He was looking for someone who could think outside the box, but not so far out that he could be mistaken for those other guys, the Sith.

Zane entered the base, ready to meet his contact, his new mentor in a game not everyone can play: the game of Jedi Training.

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

His padawan was practicing hard, and sometimes there would be lessons only the force could teach. Ish felt this was one of those times. Without a word, the jedi left the padawan to his own embrace of the force.

Ish could sense Jareds concentration as he exited the gymnasium. He would not be gone too long. Ish headed for the council chamber in an attempt to receive any assignment from the jedi leaders.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Nom smiled a kind of akward smile that was ment to display nervousness as he stood among so many Jedi. He had a lot of explaining to do.

He started to speak to Ara even though he wasn't sure if she was listening.

"Delita, Yue and I were on our way to the council chambers to bring up a proposition with the council. Once we arrived, I felt the dark side in that room. I tried to open the door, but It wouldn't respond. I knew something was wrong and decided to act. I figured Ara was probably able to handle it herself, and I was right. But I would rather not risk it."

"I appologize for my rash actions. I just did what I thought was best."

The Jedi Knight clipped his lightsaber back to his belt as he turned to face his former apprentice Yue.

"Since this is your idea, I think it would be wise to tell your plan to Ara, perhaps she can organize something."

OOC: I actually wasn't planning on interfering. I was going to wait to see if one of them died, then I would have posted Nom cutting through. Like Aryian said, it would take a while to cut through the doors. Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Delita sat there for a moment in his ship, just staring at his hand... twisting and turning it... trying to find the dark splotch he saw earlier...

"maybe i AM tired..." He layed his head down and closed his eyes...

---------------------

dream

---------------------

Delita was walking on the snow on Ilum... nearby where he fell... He could hear something off in the distance... a laugh, a synical laugh...

"makes you angry doesn't it?" it chuckled, "makes you want revenge doesn't it?"

Delita stood firm, keeping a good poker face, "...no, rage shall not enter this soul"

"But the thought crosses your mind doesn't it?"

"nope."

"Don't worry, i will have plenty of time to anger you, to tempt you with the dark side... as long as i hold your saber in my hands, both you and your good friend Yue, can be haunted in your sleep by me... HAHAHA..."

Delita smiled, "too bad this is a dream huh? otherwise i'd be a bit nervous..."

-----------------------------

wake

-----------------------------

Delita jerked awake, stood up, and looked at his hand. All he could do was smile...

"Silly sith, If you enter MY mind, I can do likewise to you, I can blind you with your own rage... only if that all were true, the fact that you can tap me is a bit unbelievable..."

Delita stared out the window towards the constant exeunts and entrances of ships, padawans, masters, just plain old people... He wished to see someone worthy of riding along on this trip...

Delita.jpg

accept the challenges so you can feel the exhiliration of victory
-General George S. Patton

Dhan-Jaroe felt turmoil through his meditation, the other Jedi did not like what he said, and a part of Jurha had believed him. It wasn't that he was upset about Aryian, or that he didn't like him. Aryian had been trained by Keiran's apprentice, but he still felt he was not yet ready for the status of Master. Ara did not know his haste on Ryloth to confront Geki; that he went alone. Through his meditation he felt the presence of one like him, one with the potential. He got up and made his way to him. He approached the man that had the confident look of a gambler.

"Hello, I am Master Kenobi, who are you?"

"Kenobi?" Zane gave the Jedi the once over and grinned. "What cosmic luck!

"Not to put too fine a point on it, my friend, but I've been in search of someone to teach me how to use the Force. I've heard, through some of my sources, about the Jedi and some of their more prestigious members, and the name Kenobi came up in conversation.

"So this is a roundabout way of saying, could you teach me how to use and control the Force?" Zane kept his eyes in line with Kenobi's, using his years of pazzack as a primer in how to be natural in front of powerful people.

zane35aw.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe laughed.

"The Kenobi you probably heard of was the Old Republic's Obi-Wan. Although my name is Kenobi, I don't believe I share a relation with him.

"Not to denounce myself as a bad jedi, but Obi-Wan is normally associated with Kenobi."

He saw that the man had a firm gaze, and wouldn't be afraid of the training.

Dhan-Jaroe pulled out a blaster and asked if the man knew what it was.

"Yes, correct, this is a weapon you will grow to not like."

He shot Zane in the leg.

"That's a roundabout way of saying, 'yes'. Let's see your strength in the force; try to heal the wound."

The sizzle of blaster-scorched flesh was never a sound that brought joy to Zane, especially when his flesh is giving off that delightful burning smell. He clentched his teeth in a weak attempt to keep from seeming too choked up about being shot by his new mentor. "This a usual method of teaching Force to people? Doesn't seem too peaceful or that."

Zane tried to remember back to those times when he didn't feel right about a bet, just an instinct that turned out to be right. He had been told once that a lot of early Jedi could sense danger before it happened, and he wondered if that's what they meant. He looked down, keeping his leg off the ground a little so he wouldn't try to support his weight on the weakened leg.

After a few moments of trying to summon some kind of focus past the hole in his thigh, trying to see what it might feel like to simply "heal" a blaster wound. "Feels pretty much like any other blaster wound I've had..." It wasn't changing, wasn't tingling or anything, just burned quietly for the minute or so he tried to use any instinct that he could remember. He had felt something before, it was there, but ultimately...

Nothing.

He wondered if this meant he failed or that he was going to be tutored more by this other Kenobi.

zane35aw.jpg

A comm message comes in for Ish Ka Bibl. It is heavily encrypted and will self erase after the message has been received.

It has been some time Ish. Please memorise these co-ordinants and meet me at this destination if you wish to.

Skye

end message

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ara shook her head at Nom. "It's okay, it wasn't brash or anything. It was concern for a fellow Jedi, Nom, just what I'd hope to see from a Jedi." She smiled at him before turning to sit next to Jurha.

"It's always hard to fail a mission, to have someone die on your watch. But you can't let it hold you back, or hit yourself for it afterwards. You did all you could, that I'm sure of." Ara patted her kindly on the shoulder. "That's what counts--you tried, and you did what you could."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

((

OOC: This is by no means an attack on Aryian, btw.

IC: Aryian had been trained by Keiran's apprentice, but he still felt he was not yet ready for the status of Master.

Chill, I know. I didn't know he was going to be mastered yet, that was an unexpected bonus, but he has been around for a year, RPing actively for at least nine months. Although I feel he needs more work...and that will be reflected in his character. He won't feel deserving of the rank, especially after attempting to take out Ara, and then himself, even if he was under Geki's influence.

Long time plot threads, everyone sit back and relax for a good read. Eventually.))

Aryian found that he could not meditate, even as hard as he tried. To many conflicting thoughts in the room magnified into his head. Not everyone had a too high of him opinion of him right now, and he didn't blame them.

No, he would not leave the Jedi order, but it was time for him to get away temporarily. Jasyn was still here, and he needed to address him before any plans were made. He clicked on his comm, leaving him a delayed message.

Jasyn, it's me, Aryian. Listen, recently things around me have been constantly turning for the worse, and I feel that if I try to take an apprentice on that I may somehow screw up your training, and that is never desirable. There is one other I trust to train you, his name is Kirlocca. I remember overhearing something about him looking for an apprentice, but I'm not sure if he has one yet. If he does, ask Ara, she'll know what to do. I think that my other apprentice, Jurha Kahn might be ready for one also, but I'm not sure if she was looking for one...

All I know right now is that I am a danger. I give my luck to you, and may the force be with you, wherever you go.

Aryian left the meditation room, and made his way to his ship. So far he felt that he had done nothing to earn the title of master, in fact, he felt that this little fiasco had put him all the further from it. And yet he had it, it was stuck to him like permaglue. He prepped the engines, and turned on his internal computer, revving the ship for takeoff.

For far too long, he had been away from the one place that he had called home. He had been there recently, but the memories were those of the confused time when he was under Geki's control. They were not his own memories.

Finally finished, Aryian shot his ship off through the atmosphere, and after he escaped the gravity well went to hyperspeed.

Home, to Coruscant.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png