Selvaris

BLCKCLONE

As Jack walks in Evan stands and begins his own little speech.

"I know I have only been with you for a little while, but I do know a thing or to about the military. All this talking about action is never going to maount to anything on the battlefield. One thing goes wreong and any plan you have made goes upin smokes. Merely taking action is all we need to do."

Evan sits back down with a skowl on his face. BAck in the Empire, his ship would already be on its way to action.

DarthI.jpg

The comm unit bleeps with an incoming encrypted message sent from Coruscant. Contents state that the Capital is under attack by Imperial and SEED forces and includes an intelligence report of the battle thus far, including information regarding the two Alliance ships that are under heavy fire.

"Ok, meeting's adjourned to another time. Indi, can the Deathstrikers help at all? We need to mobilise now."

Moving over to the control panel on one wall, she punched a few buttons putting the base on alert.

"All personel. This is not a drill. Prepare to move out."

She sent another message through to her padawan to meet her at the hanger and turned again to the others within the room.

"Lt Yue, you have control of MC90a Alpha zero - you can rename it as you will. Kerry, get to your ship and get to Coruscant as soon as you can. I'll be on the Freedom's Reprieve. We'll go in and hit them hard. May the Force be with you."

With that she headed to the hanger, jumping into a ship and heading up to the Freedom's Reprieve. Once all were onboard, the MC90a's vanished into hyperspace, destination Selvaris.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

There was no death: there was the Force.

Onderin Starlisk awoke from what had seemed to be a long slumber. He shook his head a few times and then things started to come back to him. The destruction of Coruscant. The fight with Emperor Geki. The incredible sensations of oneness with the Force after his death.

He quickly realized that he was in the secret base on Selvaris. There wasn't enough left of Coruscant to be of any importance, so Selvaris would likely become the new Alliance base. They would also have to move quickly to set up another on a different world...

Onderin was already thinking like an Admiral, even though he had just been cloned. He got dressed in the green tunic and darker green robes of a Corellian Jedi, thinking it more important to show that he was a Jedi than a ranking officer of the Alliance.

His lightsaber was gone, he realized. It made him uncomfortable, but he knew he would be alright until he could reclaim it or find the time to make a new one.

First he had to find out the results of the Battle of Coruscant, if there were any. The Alliance needed him more now that ever before.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Yuusuke looked at Indy.

"I doubt we can offer much help. But if Coruscant is getting attacked we need to give her whatever we can offer."

Coruscant was Yuusuke's homeworld. He had a vested interest in not seeing it fall.

"I'll meet you there."

Yuusuke entered The Negotiator and headed for hyperspace.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Atton brought the duracell down to the given coordinates, flying in sircles waiting for permission to land

"Atton Stale requesting permission to land"...

no-one answered. The base seemed almost deserted. Atton had come to late. The rest of the people had probably allready gone to Corusant.

Atton was so burried in his thoughts, dissappointed that he had missed his chance at becoming a fighter pilot for the alliance, that he barely avoided hitting the mountain that the base was built into. Atton threw himself over the controls and pulled his Senitel-class shuttle almost vertically up, and into space.

Corusant next atton thought as he blasted in to hyperspace

JmJ.jpg

Member of the Jedi.net SW Book Club since 6/9/05

The Throne Of Onderon

OOC: You know, if you had waited for a response, you would have gotten one....

IC: Onderin finally received reports of Coruscant from a few incoming starfighters that had limped away from the battle. He already knew about the destruction the planetary shield had caused, but he was unable to keep from a slight smile when he heard of the destruction of the Imperial fleet.

The losses were terrible on both sides, countless deaths of both militants and civilians, innocents and warriors. Being a Jedi Knight, Onderin shook his head in sorrow and pain. Even though the destruction had taken place long ago and he was in a fresh body, the echoes of the deaths still resounded through the galaxy.

The Admiral knew that the galaxy would never be the same after the Battle and Destruction of Coruscant.

For the moment, there was work to do. Mon Calamari would be finishing the first MC90 of the new fleet in short notice, and he would place an order for a much larger quota including support ships and some other things that would help the transition to Selvaris and the New Age of the Galaxy.

3C12kbA.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Freedom's Fanfare exits hyperspace over Selvaris. In the cockpit, Induran commed the headquarters. "This is Induran Habithae of the Death Strikers. Another Death Striker, Yuusuke Hakusho, is right behind me. Because of the horrible events on Coruscant, our negotioations were cut short. I'd like to continue them now, if General Kirana is on planet."

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Admiral Starlisk answered the communication. "This is the Admiral," he said. "Unfortunately Kirana is not present at the moment. Can I help you myself?"

For a moment he wondered why Kirana hadn't even told him that there were negotiations going on with the Death Strikers. He was more than interested, for another ally was always a good thing to have. Furthermore, he was glad he had something to do beyond waiting for Starcruisers to be built.

The Jedi Knight idly wished he had an apprentice he could spend some time with, as Kirana was doing now. Things were never dull with an apprentice to train. He realized that as soon as he got one, he would again be called into the pressures of his duty, which he relied on the Force for aid concerning.

When it came down to it, the Alliance was hurting, and it needed time and allies to rebuild. They had the time and were using it, and now a possible ally had shown up at the base asking for negotiations.

3C12kbA.png

"Admiral Starlisk," Indy replied. "Of course. We didn't get very far into our negotiations before we were interrupted. I suppose we should land at the same coordinates as before?"

Indy was gladdened to hear the Admiral was alive and well after the battle. She had feared for his safety after he sent her to the Open Sky organization.

amipaint2.jpg

Admiral Starlisk nodded. "Yes," he replied. "I'll meet you down in the hangar myself."

He then closed the communication and started to head down towards the hangar. He trusted the Death Strikers, but he was still slightly uncomfortable without his lightsaber at his belt. He was sure that Kirana would have picked it up for him, but he hadn't seen her since the battle.

When two guards moved to flank him as he walked, he chose not to shun them as he had before. A Jedi was capable alone--a Jedi without a lightsaber not so much. Though even with the Force alone, Onderin was more capable than most military soldiers.

Absently he wished he had taken more time to train and meditate in the Force and less time with his duties. Running the Alliance was important, but his connection with the Force was just as much important. He decided after the negotiations he would take some time to meditate and increase his connection and familiarity with the energy field that dictated his actions and guided his will.

3C12kbA.png

The Negotiator burst free of hyperspace. Yuusuke Hakusho had returned to Selvaris in one piece physically. But he was completely exhausted mentally. How had he allowed this desire to destroy Faust consume him so much? Yuusuke couldn't answer that question.

The Death Striker observed the space around him seeing Indy heading for the surface. Yuusuke sent a request to land as well.

"This is the Death Striker Yuusuke Hakusho, I'm with Indy."

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Indy commed Yuusuke when he popped out of hyperspace. "Same coordinates, Yuusuke. Follow me down."

She headed down to the planet. Gently setting down in the hanger, she stepped out to see who must have been the Admiral approaching with two guards. She bowed in the traditional Codru-Ji fashion--two hands on her head, two on her stomach--and greeted him. "Thank you for allowing us to land. I am Induran Habithae. You must be Admiral Starlisk."

amipaint2.jpg

Onderin smiled friendily as the other Death Striker was signalled to land as well. "Yes. Welcome to Selvaris," he greeted her. "As much as I would like to chat a little, I trust you have business you wish to attend to? We should probably get to it."

He then paused to wait for the other Death Striker to land, signalling his guards to leave. He had no need for them, he felt. There was no mental signature of hostility in this Codru Ji, and her intentions were pure.

3C12kbA.png

Indy smiled at the Admiral, seeing his guards back away. She knew it was a sign of trust in her, and the meaning was not lost. "Yes, to business it is. However, I do not see why this must be business only. For ours is a positive business, therefore, it should be enjoyable for both of us."

She nodded. "Once my collegue arrives, we can start immediately. I'm sure our negotiations will work out for the advantage of both our organizations."

Indy was surprising herself with her eloquency. Where pilot scum like her had picked up such smooth diplomatic language was unknown. It just...came out of her. Of course, she reflected, how pilot scum like her had become head of an organization of freedom fighters was an even bigger mystery. All she knew was that this was where she belonged--right here, right now--and who she was meant to be.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke's Lancet touched down, and he quickly moved to meet up with Indy and the unknown Rebel. Yuusuke wore his dark suit still, cleaned of the dust of battle now. He pulled his tie tight and waited for the other two to speak.

Yuusuke.jpg

Onderin nodded a greeting to the newcomer. "If you'll follow me, we can meet somewhere a little more comfortable," the Jedi Knight and Admiral said.

He wanted to be as hospitable as possible, but not for the reasons that would be expected. It was clear that treating diplomatic representatives with respect was wise, but even more important was his need to let these people know that the Alliance was not dead, and only its fleet was wounded. Such business-like hospitality would do something for that.

As the Admiral reached the indoors, a high-ranking trooper approached him, in his hand a silver and green cylinder. "Your lightsaber, Admiral, recovered from the wreckage of Coruscant after your fight," the Colonel said.

Onderin smiled. "Thank you, Colonel," he said, taking the lightsaber and glancing it over. It was in excellent condition, the chrome still shining bright. He wanted to activate it to be sure it worked, but knew it wouldn't be appropriate before his guests. He clipped the weapon and symbol of his status onto his belt and led the way to a conference room.

Entering and sitting down at the head of the table, he watched as the Death Strikers entered and said. "Now, if you'll fill me in on where Kirana left off, we can get started," he said with a hint of a smile.

3C12kbA.png

An emerncy COM came in for Kirina.

Begin transmision

A man with his left side of his face slighty chared appeared with a message

"Kirina this is Lt. Yue on the "Messiah", we are in pursuit of a small SEED fleet that has a comander in custody. We are appoarching the The Floating Gardens Of Ithor and are in desperate need of aid. His captor is a bounty hunter named Tirth. We will do what we can to get our man back, till then General may the force be with you."

End Transmission.

Life is only wasted by those who would wasted it

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Indy nodded. "We hadn't done much talking. General Sunrider invited us to a meeting with several other people. We had been talking care of business and discussing the course of events when the news from Coruscant interrupted us."

She smiled easily at the Jedi. "I had basically explined that we are freedom fighters with our own base and training area. My associate suggested that we offer our services to the Republic, since our numbers are much smaller than I had planned. Now, after the destruction at the capital, my proposal is evne more favorable for both of us."

amipaint2.jpg

The Admiral nodded as Induran proceeded, then a message came in, relayed from the Colonel in charge of communications directly to him under a high priority. "Excuse me, please," he said to his guests, then listened to the message.

He quickly made a decision. The Alliance didn't have much of a fleet yet, but what they did would certainly help stave off SEED for the moment. Onderin sent a comm to Mon Calamari, where the fleet was staying as it was built, ordering that what ships they had immediately left for Ithor.

Onderin then turned back to the Codru Ji before him. "Sorry about that. It seems like we could definately use your help. I'm sure your aquainted with SEED?" At the mention of that organization, the Death Striker practically broadcast over the Force a strong detesting to the faction, though she did well to keep it off her face.

The Admiral smiled. "I see that you have no love for SEED. I'm afraid that if you join us as you wish, you'll be seeing a lot more of them, although Geki is no longer at their head."

3C12kbA.png

To say she had a dislike for SEED was an understatement. She didn't know how much the Jedi could pick up, and it made her uncomfortable to have him peering into her mind. Her mental shields were strong, but they were not fortified by the Force.

"I....have a long history with SEED. Geki in particular."

As the Admiral continued, she was surprised at the news that Geki was no longer the leader. "Geki is no longer in charge?" she murmured.

Something about the Admiral unnerved Indy. It could be just the fact that he was a Jedi. Indy had no love for the Jedi, but she would rather be with one of them than with a Sith. She had heard it said that the Force could do terrible things to a mind--and the Sith would no hesitate to employ them. However, the Jedi proclaimed to care for people and life. They challenged oppression and protected the weak. So they said anyway.

She focused back on the present. He had said, 'you'll be seeing a lot more of them'...what had it meant? Even the most lucious pallie could be rotten in the inside. Was the Republic secretly under the control of SEED?

She shook her head. She had to stop second-guessing herself. She would come right out and ask. The consequences...well, they'd be something she'd have to deal with as they came.

"Pardon me for asking, Admiral, or Master Jedi, or whatever you wish me to call you, but what exactly do you mean by 'seeing more' of SEED?"

amipaint2.jpg

The Admiral again smiled, trying to get a little more than cold business out of the Codru Ji before him. He shifted ever so slightly in his seat, his green Jedi robes rustling slightly. "Because SEED is our main enemy at the moment, whereas the Empire is crushed and leaderless due to the efforts at Coruscant, if you join the Alliance we will put you to use in helping our forces against SEED.

"Then again," he amended, "you could choose simply to remain non-military in the everlasting struggle against evil, if you wish, helping the Alliance in ways more subtle than most of our own ranking officers would.

"Which brings up the next point," the Corellian continued. "What sort of aid are you offering? Do you wish to integrate yourself into the body of the Alliance, serving directly, or do you wish to simply be allies as I originally thought? And in that case, how close of an ally would you like us to be?"

Onderin sensed her discomfort and realized that she was, perhaps, one of the many that were uncomfortable in the presence of Jedi. Many beings became paranoid when they knew that someone could be looking in on their thoughts and emotions. The Admiral himself supposed that he would feel that way still and often had while he was still serving with CorSec before pursuing life as a Jedi and freedom fighter.

He really couldn't blame her, though he wished he had some way to quell her fears. Only by his actions could he do this, he knew, and there was nothing he could say directly addressing the topic without scaring her even more.

3C12kbA.png

Yuusuke had not taken a seat. He stood behind Indy, allowing her to do all the talking. As leader, she knew what the Death Strikers wanted out of this alliance much better than he did. The former law officer studied the Admiral as he conversed with Indy. The man seemed trustworthy, and Yuusuke had always had respect for the Jedi. Yuusuke couldn't deny he'd prefer if it was Kirana sitting there, as they already had several dealings, but thus far Starlisk seemed level-headed.

Yuusuke.jpg

"Frankly, Admiral, I would prefer a straight alliance. I have worked too hard for this organisation to disappear completely. However, I have something to propose. The Death Strikers have a base that has just been completed. It is state-of-the-art, and well-defended. Inside are multiple training areas and areas of expertise. Might I offer the services of the base to the Alliance? It can serve as a training grounds, another base, or merely a stronghold to retreat back to. It is secluded and very hidden from the public eye.

"In return, I propose we work together. I would hold the position an officer in your fleet. You would have authority over the Death Strikers in case of my absence. We would work together, share information, everthing that we would do if we were blended together, but still be seperate organizations.

"Your people could choose to become Death Strikers, and mine to be officers in your fleet."

She paused. "Don't feel the need to rush into any of this. These are just the outline of what I was thinking. What is your opinion? I'm sure we can, to quote an old phrase, work out an agreement that will be mutually beneficial and avoid any unpleasant confrontations."

amipaint2.jpg

The "Messiah" exits hyperspace around the moon. Yue COMs in his code, goes to his ship and lands planet side. He lands and is welcomed by one of the aids as usall. The aid showed no look of disgust about his face thanks to a surgery and force healing, unforunetly he still has no use of his left eye.

He is informed that the general is not here, but the death strikers and the admrial are in the confernce room. Hearing that, Yue orders a relife crew to be sent up to the "messiah", then leaves the aid and starts to the confernce room assuming that maybe they were being debrife about corrusant.

Yue caught his self and entered the confernce room where the three people were in disscusionand awaited a response before taking his seat.

Life is only wasted on those who were waste it.

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Admiral Starlisk nodded in comprehension as the Death Striker continued to speak about what she had in mind. He ignored the Alliance officer that entered unexpectedly, deciding he would deal with him after the negotiations were over.

"It just so happens," Onderin said, "that the Alliance is indeed in need of another base to help compensate for the loss of Coruscant as well as a training center for new recruits.

"Your plan seems well-thought-out and equally beneficial to both sides of the agreement," he continued. "Upon signing this alliance I will instate upon you the rank of General within the Alliance, while you can remain the leader of your own faction, with myself or Kirana able to take over should a scenario require such actions."

The Admiral continued to think the plan over, making sure that nothing seemed unfinished or out of place. "I look forward to working directly with the Death Strikers in the future," he said.

Sending a comm to another part of the base, Onderin ordered a datapad to be written up with all the terms of the agreement written as per the author's understanding of the recorded meeting. It was soon brought to the conference room and placed on the table.

After thanking the deliverer, Onderin looked at Induran and her aid. "If there are no further issues, you can sign and I will do so likewise."

3C12kbA.png

Indy hesitated. It appeared to be a good solid deal, and as the leader of the Republic, she felt she could trust the Admiral. However, she sought the approval of Yuusuke.

She glanced back at him, then turned to the Admiral. "If you don't mind, I'd like to talk this over with my associate for a moment. I will leave you to you officer."

She stood and beckoned Yuusuke over to the corner of the room. "What do you think, Yuusuke? This could the take the Death Strikers in a completely new direction."

amipaint2.jpg

--- encrypted, untraceable comm to Induran Habithae of the Deathstrikers --

Good to see you made it out of Coruscant alright. I would like to give my full services to your cause now. The evil monster that did this should be made to pay and I would like to help in any way that I can. I know I've only helped you out part time in the past, now I would like to offer myself to your organisation on a full time basis. I am currently at the Last Call.

Sara Out.

--- end comm ---

Yuusuke didn't always like advising Indy like this. He was afraid he was pushing them toward his own goals instead of what was best for the Death Strikers. But he felt they both needed a fresh start. They'd been wondering around aimlessly for a long time now. It was time to get some direction.

"I don't think we have a choice here. I don't like that bit about them being able to take over the Death Strikers if necessary. They will have no authority over the Death Strikers no matter what. But what exactly would they be taking over anyway? Me? I mean, we're the whole Death Striker group at the moment. So we really have nothing to lose here. If things aren't going well, we can always cut our losses."

Yuusuke.jpg

Indy smiled. "That's exactly what I was thinking. Very good. I will sign the agreement, and perhaps the Death Strikers can get a new start."

Her comm beeped just then, and she checked it. It was Sara, the woman they had met before. She sent a comm back to her, telling her to wait, and passed the news on to Yuusuke.

"Admiral," she said, walking back up to the table. "My associate and I concur."

She pulled out a writing utensil, read the agreement, and then, finding it to have everything they agreed on (and nothing more), she signed it with a flourish.

amipaint2.jpg

Onderin nodded, "Very good." He then signed the datapad document himself, making the alliance official.

The Jedi Knight then proceeded with the official business as promised. "Induran Habithae, I hereby promote you to General in the Alliance, to further control your own faction with the aid of the Rebellion against the Empire," he said with dignity.

"I guess I can put you right to work, if you have no objections?" the Admiral asked. "As the Alliance is still rebuilding from the Battle of Coruscant, we have many recruits that are in need of combat and fleet training."

3C12kbA.png