Selvaris

BLCKCLONE

*Locke kept his eye's on the remote as he spoke, catching the blasts as they came with fairly good accuracy.*

"Do you know how many years it took me to get to the point where I could even think about doing that? I learned how to do it, I'll be damned if I'm not going to show it off every time I get a chance."

*Locke caught the next few shots fairly well. This he was excelling at. Locke swung the saber around him, deflecting a shot turning 90 degrees in process, then grabbed the remote and threw it before the cooldown time on the remote's blaster was up, following it with a swing of the nondestructive training saber that went straight through the disoriented remote, something that would have destroyed it normally.*

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

There was many knocks on the door but none of them were heard.

The knock on the door was heard by Yue only after he finished his S.S.U.E. 2.0

"Excusse me sir the admiral has returned a while and wished to speak to you. Where she is though I do not know you will-"

He was cut off in mid sentance by Yue.

"Thank you private, its ok I can find her on my own, dismissed."

The private left with a quickness, I was trying figure out why when I saw that my hands were covered in oil and that my face was also covered. He cleanded himself off and left his mess for now more imporant things needed attending.

He felt though the force and found her, but he also sensed that some one else was here, not strong in the force yet still some one who need to be given credit.

She was in the training room with the other person.

"I will go wait for her at her office, she is becoming a very good master."

The light is the fair

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Kira was amused by his showing off but also impressed with her padawan's skills. Time to make it alittle harder for him... She went back to the box and pulled out another remote as well as a blindfold. She set the new remote for standby, collected the old remote and replaced in in the box before moving over to Locke.

"Ok hotshot, lets see how you go when you're blindfolded. You'll have to use the force as well as your reflexes for this exercise. I will admit, I'm impressed by your skills with the blade. You top some of the soldiers I trained a while back for battle readiness. You're handling the lightsaber like a natural, which is how it should be for a Jedi, the weapon becoming an extension of yourself. I'll look forward to seeing you with a saber of you're own creation, although that won't be for a while down the track yet."

She was one for giving praise where it was due, the only thing was that she had a feeling it would go straight to his head... She gave him a searching look then, confirming that he had indeed been the one to leave the bouquet at her door. As she moved behind Locke to place the blindfold on him she added softly,

"By the way, thankyou for the flowers. It was a nice gesture."

She placed the blindfold in place and stepped back so that he could begin again, activating the remote once more.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"Oh, a blindfold now Boss? Now you're getting pretty kinky. I like it..."

*Locke grinned as he listened for the remote. This one was moving much faster, the blaster had a quicker cooldown time. Locke had, in fact, let it go to his head a little. Locke tried to guess where the shots were coming from by sound alone, which not only defeated the purpose of the lesson, but was impossible-as this remote also rotated, unlike standard ones, giving it a much wider range for attack targets. Locke raised his saber to deflect a blow and was promptly shot three consecutive time, each in line, from his shoulder to his chest to his no-no-special place.*

"AAHHHHAHA! GODDAMNIT! BASTARD MOTHER- SITH JUMPIN'- ASS!"

*Locke let loose a scream followed by a stream of nonspecific curse words, heard through the base for half a mile, angrily trying to punch the remote as he did so. Locke missed, tripping forwarded and continuing the stream of curses.*

"You could have told me you switched the remote..." he said, massaging his burn private parts.

"I shouldn't have to." His master add smugly.

*Locke grumbled getting back into his one handed stance. He couldn't rely on his senses this time, his ears having betrayed him. Locke stretched out with the force until he could see the remote-moving in hasty flight patterns around him to try to circumvent his block. He could see it-vivid as day without using his eyes. It seemed to illuminate an aura of evil-but was probably Locke's bias breaking in. Locke calmed himself, relaxing, slowing his breathing- the last thing he wanted to do was fight angry. A swordsman needed calm and focus, and anger only led to sloppy fighting and the Dark Side. Locke stood still, waiting for the bolt to strike. He was calm-at peace- no longer as arrogant as he had been earlier. He waited until the moment made itself perfect...*

"Now."

*Locke raised his saber to block a first shot, then started a series of four quick up and down parries to block shots that had not yet been fired. On the fifth shot Locke observed the charge had started again, and whipped his body around for a side flip with 180degree spin, spinning horizontally in the air and kicking the remote under and behind him- then throwing his lightsaber as his spin completed. The lightsaber flew straight through the remote, them returned to his hand through the power force. Locke paused and looked reletively smug.*

"I'm glad you liked the flowers. I saw them and their color reminded me of your eyes- I just had to get them."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira had never had so much trouble keeping a straight face and trying not to laugh as she had since Locke had come into her life as her padawan. Since he had the blindfold on she let a grin appear but still had to fight to keep the laughter from breaking out as he got hit by the bolts where he shouldn't of been hit had he been concentrating through the Force. She knew she shouldn't laugh but she had found his antic's sooo funny. She also should have known he'd come up with some comment or other about the blindfold... kinky indeed... the ratbag!

Kira felt his anger at the remote grow and was feeling rather concerned when she felt the shifting pattern in his emotions. She felt rather proud of him as he controlled his anger and focused, using the Force to defend himself against the remote. She shook her head at the smug look on his face as he wrecked another remote, the Quartermaster wouldn't be too pleased with her, even if she was his superior as he had a 'thing' for keeping items in a relatively good condition. Oh well, it was for a good cause.

Locke surprised her with his next compliment regarding the flowers and she felt another slight blush tinge her cheeks before she could control it. Now that he had removed the blindfold she met his eyes briefly before glancing away. This wasn't good, twice in a short period of time he'd gotten a reaction from her. What the hell's going on with me, I don't usually react like this... why am I having so much trouble controlling my emotional reactions? Cool, calm and collected, not ruffled feathers. Control girl, control!

She welcomed the distraction of the message from Kerry, taking the time to reply to him that there was a Capital ship waiting for him in orbit around the planet - it had arrived at Selvaris just before she had returned. He could have the pleasure of naming it as it was one of the newer vessels.

Kira removed her robes, hanging them on a peg on the wall and unhooked her lightsaber, placing it within the pocket of her robes before she turned back towards Locke, signalling for him to place the training saber aside for the moment.

"I'm guessing here that since you're pretty good with the blades that you'd be good at unarmed combat as well. What I want to teach you now is to incorporate Force Jumps and Speed into your defence. In a battle against a force weilding opponant you need to pull out all the stops, force jump, speed, push, pull and blast."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

*Locke c0cked an eyebrow when he noticed a flurry of confused thoughts in his master's mind. Kira usually kept her mind guarded, but this time- it seemed- she had slipped up. Locke wasn't about to call it to her attention- certainly not if it was going to risk him being able to catch a few thoughts in the future. Locke just stayed silent and tried to make sense out of the jumbled mess. It seemed extremely difficult to make out what she was thinking. Locke took note of her red cheeks as well. He'd use that against her later... *

"Alright Boss, lets get to it.*

*Locke nodded. Speed and Jump- these would be extremely useful as well...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

”œWell you saw my demonstration of force speed before. As you run, you draw upon the Force, willing it to take you faster, to quicken your movements. This can also be done during battle to speed your movements with a blade, or with hand to hand combat. Force jump is the same principle. You gather the Force to you and use it to jump higher.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke was pleased. This seemed to him to be the most combat useful thing she'd offered him so far. Locke nodded at his Master's demonstration of skill.*

"I like your style."

*Locke paused momentarily, dropping his training saber as he drew in the force. Locke took off longways through the room, using the force to propel him faster. As Locke drew near the wall he started a short jump, impacting the wall and then channeling the force into his rebound, leaping backward and yelling out loud as he attempted to make a jump long enough to get him back to where he started. He landed a number of feet short, but the effort was made.*

"Alright, got it, now let's get to the fightin'."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

*Locke leapt quickly, drawing his legs up behind him, then throwing his hands out in front of him in a gesture to the force- sending a wave of force push from mid air in his master's direction...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira back-flipped, going with his force push and landed with her feet solidly planted. She grinned at him and moved back towards him, circling and closing the distance between them as she moved to sweep at his legs with her own. She drew on the force so that she could use it defensively if she needed to”¦

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke reacts quickly, this time jumping in a forward somersault. At the apex of his jump over his master he put his hands on her shoulders to make sure he landed behind her, then, having landed firmly, he used force push to blast her forward yet again...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Noticing his force push getting stronger Kira let herself fall forward into a tumble, rolling to her feet and spinning to face him again, her arms out to each side for extra balance before swinging them to an 'on guard' position. She wouldn't hold back this time, not like she had been. This time she didn't gesture, no hints to what she was going to do”¦ she reached through the force to pull his legs from under him as she advanced again. At the last possible moment she leapt over him, landing lightly and kicking at the back of his legs to aid the force pull she had used previously.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke acted quickly, realizing he was going to fall like a brick if he didn't. Locke bend his left leg backward and placed his heel on the ground, then used it as a pivot point to spin around, now facing his master in a bent over lunging position. Locke thought this was too great to resist, and straightened his leg to jump forward, quickly, using the force to aide him. He tackled his master in doing so, landing on top of her with his face but inches away from hers.*

"Why hello there."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Finding herself somehow underneath him, Kira wondered just what had happened. The flustered Knight thought she'd had control of the situation and suddenly had had the tables turned on her. Oh boy”¦ he's a cunning one”¦ and he seems to have me right where he wanted me”¦ She looked up at his face to find him grinning like the cat that caught the canary. She considered asking him what he was going to do now that he had her there but two things stopped her. One, he was likely to say something she didn't want to concede”¦ and two, the fighting instinct was too strong.

She brought her right knee upwards, manoeuvring it so she had leverage against his chest and pushed with both her strength and the force, sending him backwards away from her”¦

"Goodbye"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke laughed having heard most of her thoughts. If she knew that Locke was listening to her then his fun would certainly be over. Locke decided to stay quiet a little longer, thinking before too long he'd have to take advantage of the situation and address her about it. Right now though, he had to focus on his match.

Locke's feet skimmed along the ground a few feet before he reached a stop. Locke then retaliated by focusing the force and pulling his master off the ground and through the air- catching her in his arms in an exceedingly dramatic fashion. *

"Why, fancy meeting you here."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

What is he laughing at? She figured it couldn't have been because she sent him across the room, what was he up to? She knew it was something, but just what she wasn't sure she really wanted to know.

She suddenly found herself levitating and being pulled towards him, ending up in his arms this time. Kira felt a blush rise to her cheeks as she felt his arms go around her and got even more flustered. What the... This was not going to plan at all... well I guess... he is using the different applications of the force that she'd taught him but she certainly didn't expect to be on the receiving end like this. Twice now... the man was very determined... but there was no way she'd give in.

"You're incorrigible Locke!"

She had to laugh though... he was certainly persistent... just as well she was just as determined not to give in to his... charms... It was taking quite a bit of her concentration to resist him though... he was beginning to wear her down her barriers. Lord help her when the force bond kicked in... she could already feel the beginnings of it.

"You can let me go now padawan. I think that's enough for now."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

High above Selvaris, a firey shiop was entering the atmosphere. It had no name as of yet, but its would prove its worth in battle. A temporary captain had been chosen, and he was now standing on the command bridge.

"All engines stop."

The SD shuddered as all its engines were cut and the ships repulsor lift were engaged. A shuttle was sent down and it landed in the Selvaris docking bay.

Evan Kerry had sent coms to the 25 newet recruits he had seen on the base. Along with them, he boarded the shuttle and was soon aboard the SD.

"I christen thee, Archangel."

Evan stood aboard the birdge and began barking orders.

"Head into space."

The hyperspace navigator did as he was told and soon the large capital ship was spiraling through hyperspace.

DarthI.jpg

*Locke smiled as he released his grip on her lower half, letting her feet fall and hit the floor. Locked left his arm around her shoulder though, pretending that it wasn't intentional.*

"I can't help it, Boss. You just have that effect on me." Then Locke lied blatently. "You're the only one who's ever caused me to have this problem."

*Locke knew that she'd see through his bullsh**...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Think you're smart don't you ratbag Kira was well aware he intentionally left his arm about her shoulders. She contemplated letting him be for a while as it surprised her just how good it actually felt, just like how good it felt actually being in his arms, but that would be letting him get away with liberties. No... give him an inch and he'll take a mile She didn't want to encourage him so stepped away from him so that his arm dropped to his side. She didn't want to hurt his feelings either, but she felt she had to say something, and feeling flustered and frustrated she unwittingly blurted out what she normally wouldn't of. Normally she would have been diplomatic but not this time...

"Yeah sure you can help it. You're one of those desperate guys that would come on to any female no matter what species, race or creed. I've got you pegged mister. You're not the first to try those lines and I'm sure you won't be the last either..."

This isn't like me... I don't normally bite back like that... what's going on... I'm usually more lighthearted than this... more in control... Oh no! He's gotten to me! It also dawned on her then just how strong their force bond had gotten within a very short space of time, much quicker than the one with Onderin which was probably why it had snuck up on her. As this realisation hit, there was no hiding the blush that rose to her cheeks. She whirled back to look him in the eye. Uh-oh... Kira began playing an older card game in her mind... she prefered the game of pazaak to that of sabaac and had for quite some time, ever since she came across it.

The look the normally 'in control' General and Knight gave the man in front of her was one that showed several conflicting emotions, tinged with embarrassment, mortification and the realisation that he might have picked up on her internal battle against the attraction she did feel for him but was trying very hard to deny. It wasn't professional to get involved with a subordinant of any kind, being that he was her padawan would just make it even worse. Her voice shook slightly as she asked him one question...

"How long?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke smirked at his master. He could tell she was getting upset, and he didn't want to make it much worse.*

"Well, I've been doing my best to listen in since the Q-Store. You don't make it easy, but I've been trying my damndest."

*Locke put his hands behind his back and looked down, then kicked at something on the floor. He spoke in a quite mumbly voice like a child that had just done something wrong. *

"I'm sorry Boss... I couldn't resist..."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira sank down on the mats, drawing her knees up so she could rest her chin on them, her demeanour just a little defeated. She began to meditate, trying to center herself before speaking with him again. She had to get control of her emotions. Behind her 'wall' she tried to order her thoughts I need to find out more information about Force Bonds, what I feel between us is different from what I have with Onderin. There was no attraction with him. Why does Locke have to be so darn good looking and determined? And why did I teach him to read thoughts so soon? She was aware that he was watching her and knew she'd have to say something. She also knew that she would have to talk about the Force Bond, impart the information that she knew - which wasn't all that much.

Kira's vivid blue eyes meeting with his.

"Locke, have you heard anything about Force Bonds?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke's amusement at the situation began to fade more rapid as he began to realize what negative effects it was having on his master. Locke walked over and sat down just in front of her. His smile had began to fade as he looked deeply into his master's eyes. Locke was more than a little puzzled by his master's question.*

"I can't say I do, Boss."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

--Comm to General Kirana Sunrider from Admiral Onderin Starlisk--

"Kira, I'm going to need you to oversee additional fortifications there on Selvaris. I'm not sure what the Empire's planning, but they could hit hard at any moment. We need that planet to be able to hold an Imperial assault off without any fleet support.

"May the Force be with you. Onderin out."

--End communication--

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Okay... how am I going to explain this one... Kira ordered her thoughts more before she tried to explain it to him.

"I can't say I know alot about them but I will tell you what I do know. A Force Bond forms over time between a Master and a Padawan. It is a connection between the two, allowing them to communicate on another level. It can allow each to be able to know what the other is thinking and feeling easier than if someone were trying to read a complete stranger... unless one is guarding against it that is... I've also heard of a couple of other types of Force Bonds, one between siblings and another between lovers. I don't know much about them though"

She paused, glancing down at the mat before raising her eyes to meet his again, deciding to be honest with her padawan.

"What has taken me by surprise is just how quickly our bond has kicked in. It also seems to be different from the one I share with my old Master, Onderin. The Force Bond would be why you are so easily reading my thoughts. I didn't expect it to grow so quickly as it has."

She waited for him to respond.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

He was now starting to fall asleep, but a private came up with a com for the General. I told him I would give it to her when she returns. After he left Yue decided that it would be a time to mediate for a bit. She might be a supieor officer, but upon thinking she was quite the sight to behold.

no quote

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

*Locke suddenly felt guilty. It seemed to him that he had betrayed a sort of trust that they had been forming together. It pained him to think that she wouldn't be able to trust him without having to shield her thoughts.*

"I'm very sorry to have abused this. I promise I wont listen in anymore. I should have known better- it was impolite in the first place. Please forgive me."

*Locke lowered his head as a sign of respect...*

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira smiled gently, feeling the truth behind his words that he really hadn't meant any harm.

"I did teach you the skill, and I did expect you to practice, I just didn't think you'd be practicing on me."

She rolled her eyes, letting the humour of the situation return. She should have realised that he would have been after any information that'd be useful for his advances.

"So what did you learn from your eavesdropping?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg