Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

Ben'a followed Jareth with the same Force-aided swiftness, but as he ran, he sent Ayevit back to the Skyray, which was already warming up after being activated with his implant. The droid met with the ship just as Ben'a made it to the temple door; he sealed it from the outside after sending a short Force-message to Jareth.

Get inside -- warn others -- I'll hold them off...

The heavily-armed vessel soon arrived at the entrance, and as quick as he could, Ben'a lept inside and darted for the pilot's seat. His fingers flew across the controls, Ayevit continued to bring other systems online, and the cybernetic implant remained active. Within moments, the ship's weapons and shields were fully powered-up, and Ben'a sent it out and over the nearby forest, intending to let any approaching attackers approach before catching them from behind with a powerful barrage.

Once he was ready, Ben'a let the warm embrace of the Force envelop him fully. Even if the attackers had ysalamir, he would still be able to put up a good fight -- he had dealt with warriors equipped with them before...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

This is a spice mining planet, there is no way you could detect that Piccolo landed his ship for anything other than that. Proceed with the knowledge that Piccolo could be mining spice.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

OOC: You can't tell us how to proceed with our perceptions. Picolo's ship is VERY obviously not a mining ship, and that's easily detectable with a scanning device.Edit Will: Right, but I can make it known that you don't know he is there for anything but spice.. In that case, consider our actions 1. overreaction or 2. error on the side of caution.

IC:

Jareth rushed through the temple, and alerted all remaining jedi to the presence of possible hostilities.

Feeling his way to Kirlocca, he stumbled across him in the archived libraries of the temple.

"Master Kirlocca, We have company."

Jurha had a dream about her mother when she was still alive, her father, and his clan mates. Whenever she looked in a mirror a t-shaped visor helmet was staring back at her. She rolled on to her back, but still remained in a deep sleep.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

*Kirlocca turned towards Jareth.*

"Do not engage. I will make sure that they do not touch any jedi."

*The jedi master walked up from his seat and found his way to a control panel. He keyed a couple of codes, and turned around towards Jareth. At that moment the temple shook.*

"I just put the temple into power lock down Aie-42-master. All out side doors are locked and you must have a key code to enter. And since this temple is fairly new...our friends won't be able to get in, unless they have a lightsaber and know here to use it."

With his ship hidden for now in the forests near the Jedi temple, the waiting pilot excused himself from the seat, and walked casually back to the armory. As he donned a suit of armour, he once again assumed his bounty-hunter role, suppressing his Force-connection to a level indistinguishable to even a Master of the Sith. Once he had donned the heavy, full set of high-quality Ubese protection, complete with its all-encompassing helmet with its distinctive snout and horizontal visor, he was ready.

Resuming his place at the controls, G'naed Ewolba maneuvered his ship away from the structures nearby, putting his sensors into passive-scan mode so that he could follow the signal from the intruders' vessels without being seen himself. His own transponder was switched off, and with careful piloting, the bounty-hunter flew off through a series of valleys, making his way towards the landed cargo ship and whomever might have piloted it all the way out here.

In his mind, the hunter mulled over what purpose these people could have here, and why they could be jamming any off-world communications. G'naed was not a betting man; he preferred to make his own luck, but he suspected that these people were not here to hunt for spice, or for wild beasts. Their prey was doubtless of the kind that walks upright, and the kind that payed big bucks. After about an hour of steady flying, he picked up on the source of the signal, and set his ship down on the other side of a tree-capped hill so that it would remain undetected.

After setting the ship down and arming the security system, the bounty-hunter went back to the armoury, and proceeded to load himself to the gills with the tools of his trade. For his main weapon he selected a flechette launcher with attached grenade launcher. For accessories he chose a pair of Westar-34s, his trusty DL-44, one vibrosword, two thermal detonators, and several throwing blades. Now that he looked the part, G'naed exited the Hammer's Head and walked through the forest to where he could see two men unloading a cargo ship, setting the contents onto a landspeeder. Still keeping a low profile, he made his way to the edge of the clearing, and finally showed himself.

"Greetings, friends," he said in perfect Ubese, his masked features expressionless. "This world's spice is under the jurisdiction of Gamma Group -- by who's authority do you trespass here?"

OOC: For all intents and purposes, you are speaking to G'naed Ewolba -- a freelance bounty-hunter.

goodwoodsig.jpg

"Very well then. Ben'a is out there, I'm sure he'll be ok."

Jareth made his way through the temple and found Bron.

"Your master will be fine, and the temple is on lock down. I'm sure we'll be safe here. If anything does infiltrate, there are more than enough jedi here to secure the area. So, tell me your story young one. How did you come upon the life of the jedi?"

As he waited a response, Jareth send a message through the force to Ben'a outside.

The message portrayed the temple's lockdown, and a feeling of security. The point he was trying to make was understandable. Jareth wanted Ben'a to return to the temple if possible.

Piccolo whirled on the man, blaster rifle leveled.

I didn't expect the locals to be so bold.

Despite the man's appearance, Piccolo didn't think he smelled like an Ubese. Piccolo was half Trandoshan, and could identify most common species by scent. But if someone was half human like himself, it was hard to pick up on. Piccolo almost thought he smelled Twi'lek on the man. But it didn't really matter if he was a wookiee, spice miners were all too predictable. Piccolo didn't lower his rifle.

"We are here to deliver supplies to the poorer spice miners here. We do it every year. Some of the wealthy think it makes them less guilty. We're not here for your spice though."

The hunter was not surprised to see who appeared to be the ship's captain, a halfbreed with distinct Doshan features, holding a blaster in surprise of his appearance. He also expected this kind of practised excuse; a quick examination of what was being unloaded told the being all he needed to know, and even so, it almost made him laugh. But still, violence was to be a last resort in getting rid of these interlopers, though he thought he recognized one of them.

"I will have to clear this," he replied, still in Ubese. "Please wait a moment..."

Even as he said the words, the being behind the mask knew that the two warriors were planning how best to take him down. He, however, didn't intend to let them do that, and as he took out his comlink in what he knew to be a charade, he surreptitiously sent a signal to his ship, and by extension his droid, still hidden nearby. As he sent out the comm, his other hand fingered at one of the blasters at his side; far enough away to show his non-violent intent, yet close enough to send a clear statement of readyness should the two men decide to become hostile...

goodwoodsig.jpg

Piccolo switched his helmet to the private channel speaking to the others.

"I don't think he's going for it. Be ready."

Piccolo couldn't believe their bad luck. This man had know idea what he was getting himself into. But if they could get rid of him quickly there would be no danger of the Jedi discovering them. He didn't think there would be anyway, a common lackey like this had little to with Jedi. But you could never tell when their wizardry was involved.

Piccolo pressed a button on his suit. One of the crates clattered open. He kept the rifle trained on the man. He opened his mask's voice box again.

"We can wait. Though I'm not sure why you need to call. Haruun Kal is a free world isn't it? I wasn't aware the spice lords had so much influence."

They certainly didn't the last time I was here.

The being continued to "speak" softly into his comlink, keeping up the charade until, off in the distance and gaining volume as it approached very rapidly, the loud shriek of starship engines bore down on where the three beings stood. At the last possible moment, Ben'a Solo ditched his comlink, yanked his two blasters from their holsters, and lept into the air with the Force as his ally. As he flew in a backwards somersault, he sent a large volley of blaster bolts at the two adversaries. One bolt hit Piccolo squarely in the right shoulder, another grazed his left knee, and another two hit at glancing angles upon Luthis Vandren's chest plate, knocking the wind out of him.

In the commotion that followed, the Jedi was able to sprint away and out of sight as soon as he had hit the ground again, but this wasn't the end of his plan. No sooner had he departed the scene, then the manta-like craft shot overhead, sending a barrage of quad laserfire into the unshielded cargo ship below. Aimed by Ayevit, the barrage was not nearly as accurate as a human or a Force-user would have laid down, but it was nonetheless effective enough to severely damage the vessel and to disrupt whatever was lurking inside.

Her run completed, the vessel was brought around to meet Ben'a by his remote implant. The Jedi Knight was still running from the scene to meet the ship, and soon enough, he was once again aboard and heading back to the scene of the battle. This tactic had worked for him on Myrkr, and it had proven effective here as well; with their ship in disarray, these two antagonists wouldn't be leaving any time soon...unless, of course, they had a spare...

"Put the sensors on active scan, Ayevit, try to locate any more unfriendlies in the area..." The droid beeped an affirmative, and the sensors began an active sweep of the area, which was considerable out here...

goodwoodsig.jpg

The bolts bounced off Piccolo's armor harmlessly.

There is no way a human is making that big of a jump.

Piccolo shouted orders to his men.

"Get that landspeeder, and go on ahead. He won't be able to hit you as long as you stick to the streets. I'll take him out, I think he's a Jedi."

Grabbing a crate, Piccolo ran to the side of one of the buildings for cover, his helmet's computer tracking the motion of the fleeing ship. A rocket launcher rose from within Piccolo's mechanical arm. He pointed his arm straight up, and the homing rocket fired, following the ships path. The explosion struck, rocking the vessel as it fled. The ship was still flying, but much more slowly at this point. He opened the crates to reload.

Luthis' body met with the ground. Hard. He got up, shaking it off. He called for the Land-Speeder, taking a seat in it as he plugged in the coordinates, the others hopped in behind him. They moved out quickly and also untraceable, since Luthis had purged all of the electronic devices in the Speeder. There was no way of finding them, they were now in hiding going faster than the speed of sound.

vandren.jpg

((OOC: I think we're RPing in two different environments here -- you're in the city, I'm in the forest...silly me...lol...we'll do this your way.))

As Ben'a flew away from the scene, both Ayevit and the ship's sensors blared at him in warning of the incoming missile. But the Jedi Knight knew it was on the way a split-second earler, and banked the ship hard just before impact. The resulting explosion nearly sent the large craft headlong into a nearby building, but with the Force as his ally Ben'a was able to slide his vessel into a sharp turn, missing the building but marring the outer wall with exhaust stains.

"Ayevit, lock that stabalizer down!" he barked. The droid beeped a hurried reply before rolling into the back to get on damage-control.

That was too close, he breathed to himself as he brought the ship around again. His own instincts were telling him that the controls were slow and sluggish, and his instruments had told him the shields had been reduced to 41% from the blast. Another hit like that would disable the ship completely, if he was lucky...he decided not to give his opponent that opportunity.

This was no good, he couldn't fight these men in the city without causing collateral damage, and he couldn't fight them on his terms due to the ysalamiri they carried. The temple was in lockdown; he had held them off for long enough to ensure the safety of the other Jedi here. It was time to head back to the temple, and so without further action, he turned the ship around and headed back from whence he came as fast as the ship could carry him in its wounded state, and careful to avoid where his opponents may have taken refuge.

About an hour later, Ben'a arrived back at the Jedi temple. The place was in lockdown alright; with his hands flying across the comm unit, he input the necessary codes for the hanger door and landed his ship inside. Once he exited after removing his armour and weapons, the hanger resealed itself, and the Jedi made his way back to the temple proper. Following his senses, he was soon able to find Jareth and Bron, as well as Kirlocca. He gave the Wookiee master a report of what he had seen.

"They're hostiles, all right, Master Kirlocca," he began. "I don't know who they are or what they represent, but we'd better be prepared for a full assault. They carry ysalamiri and are heavily armed; I managed to disable their transport, but i do not doubt they have more ships standing by. We should call for reinforcements..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Scorp had been in a Jedi trance The force had been swriling in a certain in spot and he felt close to a break through. Then he sensed an increase amount of anexity from the temple. Breaking away from his mediation he felt something else. Someone was nearby however he sensed no hostilities from the person. So he took of and came across a jogger in the jungle. He looker her over She was quite young maybe 15 or so and she seemed to like the color black. He could feel the Force within her however he wished to find the cause of the panic at the Jedi temple. So his first though was to keep moving untill he reached the temple however it was quite strange for a person to go running in the jungle when no danger seemed about maybe she was running from the jedi temple.

"Hello miss, What are you running from?"

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Ish watched his padawan marvel at the granduer of the facility. Interrupting the awe that seemed to take Jared for the moment, Ish spoke.

"You must learn to walk before you can crawl Jared. We will begin with meditation techniques so that you may learn how to better call on the force to help you in your physical tasks."

The two entered one of the man meditation chambers. The small smooth surfaced chamber was lit with a blue ambient light that reflected a sense of calm that was needed for meditation by a padawan. A fully trained jedi could fall into meditation in any environment, but it was much more difficult for an untrained padawan to enter the correct mind state.

Ish motioned for his padawan to sit cross legged next to him. The robes flowed over each individual as they sat bathed in blue ambient lighting. The jedi turned backed and used the force to shut the door, soundproofing the room completely. In a quiet state of calm Ish opened his mind up to his padawan and vise versa.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*Kirlocca turned towards Ben'a as he enetered the jedi archive room.*

"I doubt that they can through the lock down, but never the less. I will put the main transport on ready for the young jedi if it is truely needed."

*The jedi master quickly found his way over to a door in the archive room and opened it, revaling some very old jedi weapons.*

"Ben'a, how many did you see?"

OOC: Yeah, it's a city, I posted landing in Pelek Baw, we weren't close to the Temple yet

IC: Piccolo communicated with Luthis and the others,

"Proceed to the base. Remain hidden in the forest until I give the signal. The ysalamiri will conceal your presence. The Runner has picked up the presence of defense turrets, watch out for them."

Those turrets weren't here last time. No matter, I can work around them.

Piccolo slung the two heavy crates onto his shoulders. Without his enhanced strength, he would have been unable to heft such a heavy load. Even with his strength, it was rough going once he was outside the city. He activated the Destroyer Droid, and it rolled clear of the broken ship following its master. Piccolo halted for a moment, focusing his vision. His enhanced eyes, gave him a clear view of the front of the Temple.

The turrets are fairly high up. They have a blind spot closer to the Temple.

Piccolo picked up the crates again, resuming his trek. He stopped in between two of the turrets. He was still within the tree line, but close enough to keep the turrets from getting to him. He suspected the Jedi designed all this to repel a fleet, or a large army. That was exactly what he'd hoped.

Of course, without the ysalamiri they can still sense me. But let them come.

Piccolo opened the large cases, and began assembling machine parts. The Destroyer Droid opened up, it's small shield generator springing to life. It moved in front of Piccolo, wary for any signs of life.

Ben'a replied quickly to Kirlocca's query.

"I saw two warriors, but there are doubtless more both with them and on the way. Unless I'm much mistaken, they will try to infiltrate the outside defenses, using blind spots to get to the temple proper. I have weapons that can take care of them should they try, however -- "

Ayevit once again bumped into the Jedi to get his attention, and issued a series of quiet whistles and clicks.

"Ayevit's sensors are picking up lifesigns along the treeline...whatever we do, we'll have to do it soon. If we evac the hopefuls I can run escort -- "

Ben'a's senses suddenly sparked, drawing his attention to the treeline that Ayevit had indicated. One of the intruders had abandoned his ysalamir, and now he was naked to the Force. The Jedi Knight now recognized whom he was up against; Piccolo of the Black Sun was leading an assault team. Logic was telling him, however, that the agent was not alone, and it would be stupid to go out against him without help. But if his earlier tactic had worked, maybe it would do so again, at least enough to ensure that Piccolo couldn't finish whatever it was that he was doing.

He could feel others accessing the Force, and he did the same briefly. Ben'a reached out and touched the mind of Ish, a fellow Knight trained by a good friend of his...he sent an urgent summons to the man in his meditation, telling him to come as soon as possible, and to remain indoors. With that completed, Ben'a again remotely activated his vessel, now in a state close to full power since the rocket impact. It wasn't time to act just yet...

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ish was stood up as he was touched by the force from another fellow Jedi. He placed his hand on Jareds shoulder.

"I must tend to matters of the temples security along with a couple other Jedi....I will return shortly though...Until then I wish for you to focus on the living force"

Ish waved his hand around the chamber stopping it to focus on certain spots and objects. He spoke, "Feel the room, know it without looking at it, feel the others outside training in the gym. Focus all your energy on this task until I return. I appologize."

With that Ish used the force to open the door and made his way to join Master Kirlocca and Goodwood.

Making his way into the room he hurried over to the pair. "What can I do for you today?" He bowed his head in respect.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"You always have to be wary, sweetheart. Take a good look around, you never know when some one is about to blast ya."

"Wake up, Jurha, and take a look around."

"I said wake up."

Jurha stared up in to the sky finally awake. She looked over at Aryian, he must have passed out after she had reattached his arm. He didn't appear to have moved.

It was unusually quite. She sat up and looked around. The temple was showing no signs of life and appeared to be heavily locked down. Jurha searched around the open space. Her eyes widened then she threw her self flat.

Hostile looking people. Around on the other side of the temple. It looked liked they had war droids. She didn't want to risk being spotted to assess them entirely.

Jurha let out a deep breath. She could try and move to the temple, but she'd have to drag Aryian with her. Moving Aryian unnoticed would be impossible, so staying put was the best choice it seemed.

Jurha grabed Opa who had put him self in sleep mode by the med kit. She switched him off and burried him in side her clothing. She hid her saber next to him. She stashed Aryian's saber's in side his clothing as well.

She rolled over and began digging a hole, she wedged the med kit and droid repair kit inside. She covered them up with loose dirt then lay on her back over them.

She steadied her self and waited.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Hou-Jo ran to Kirlocca's location. "Kirlocca, I am going to leave Haruun Kal and begin the preperations to move to another planet as I did before my failed operation on Ryloth. I'm going to Tammuz-an, send no one after me. Farewell, may the Force be with you."

Hou-Jo boarded his newly rebuilt ship and flew into space...

OOC: Holy crap. I had some reading to do...

IC: ShadowFett was loaded with a pair of Ysalamiri, but he was used to carrying heavy loads and they wouldn't slow him down much. The Mandalorian felt a little bit of adrenaline knowing what was about to happen and what was going on here.

Piccolo wouldn't have too much trouble with the Jedi he knew. He hoped he would be as confident about his own skills when it came time for him to take one down himself. He glanced at Luthis Vandren, who he had worked with before in the past and was glad to be working with again.

Black armor glistening, the Black Sun Operative watched as the speeder began to near the Jedi's base. They kept out-of-sight and undetected by the Force due to the Ysalamiri. Avion had the third Ysalamiri. Fett readied the activation trigger of the Destroyer Droid in the speeder.

A Droideka was renowned for its ability to hold off and defeat even Jedi Knights. It would serve him quite well in the upcoming skirmish. He was ready for this fight. His armor, composed of Mandalorian iron painted a deep and consuming black, was capable of easily turning aside even a lightsaber blade and he carried a vibroblade of pure cortosis that would deactivate any lightsaber raised against him.

Fett reviewed the plan in his mind as the speeder pulled to a stop. As soon as Piccolo had the sonic cannon up and firing, they would make the next move.

Ben'a turned to Ish as he made his entrance into the chamber.

"Enemy agents are attempting to penetrate the Temple," he said matter-of-factly. "I did a recon mission and have discovered that they are heavily-armed, and carry ysalamiri, though I sense that one of them nearby has abandoned his. They may be luring us out into a trap, but nonetheless we must attempt to stop them." Ben's pulled out a datapad and brought up a map of the temple and its surroundings.

"One of them has taken up station in a blind spot of the turrets' defensive screen. The others are approaching rapidly in a landspeeder; I saw the vehicle for myself. We also have Jedi outside of the temple, we need to protect them by getting them inside the temple and under cover as quickly as possible before the rest of the agents arrive. My ship can serve as a decoy as we do this. Someone needs to call in reinforcements...why Hou-Jo left when he did is beyond me..."

-----------------------

As the landspeeder approached, several of the defense turrets scattered about the Temple's perimeter opened up with prescision bursts, knocking out the speeder and sending its riders hurtling from the craft. At the same time, the Hammer's Head burst from the hanger, and operating on remote, streaked outward to the treeline, raking it with proton torpedoes in a preset barrage.

Several large chunks of shrapnel hit the active droideka from behind, shorting out its shields and rendering it temporarily blind. The same burst slammed into Piccolo, sending him flying backwards with a gash carved into his armour, and knocking over whatever he had been setting up. Still flying on remote, the vessel in the air shot one last protom torpedo from its tail, which slammed into the ground just short of the droid, finishing its destruction. The ship flew back towards the temple, landing itself beside Jurha and Aryian in an effort to keep them safe and hidden, and extended its boarding ramp for them.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Scorp had been in a Jedi trance The force had been swriling in a certain in spot and he felt close to a break through. Then he sensed an increase amount of anexity from the temple. Breaking away from his mediation he felt something else. Someone was nearby however he sensed no hostilities from the person. So he took of and came across a jogger in the jungle. He looker her over She was quite young maybe 15 or so and she seemed to like the color black. He could feel the Force within her however he wished to find the cause of the panic at the Jedi temple. So his first though was to keep moving untill he reached the temple however it was quite strange for a person to go running in the jungle when no danger seemed about maybe she was running from the jedi temple.

"Hello miss, What are you running from?"

Kayla was wary, though he didn't seem to be hostile. "I needed to clear my head." She had heard the commotion at the temple but for some reason she had chose to ignore it, probably had something to do with her current state of mind. "I don't know, maybe it was a bad idea."

She sighed, taking a moment to study the man. He was obviously a Jedi, even with her limited Force sense she could tell that much. He was tall, with black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Please don't call me 'miss.'" She smiled, "I'm Kayla."

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Piccolo rolled down the hill laying still for a moment should it make another pass. Confident the vessel had retreated once more, he took stock of his wounds.

A fleeting attack, the Jedi will have to do better than that.

Small wounds healed exceedingly fast among Doshan's. The gash had already stopped bleeding. Piccolo realized why the Jedi were avoiding honorable tactics this time.

They're scared to face us hand to hand. I think I can use this to my advantage.

He commed the others.

"Move in now, my droids been killed, don't forget yours."

Piccolo ran back up the hill, and heaved the Genoshin Sonic Cannon back onto its stand. Piccolo finished the assembly, punching in the power cells. He fired still only a few yards from the Temple. The wall blew open, and Piccolo was thrown back down the hill from the recoil. The Cannon wasn't designed to be fired on such terrain.

Scorp eyes shifted he could hear a battle and then he heard the temple wall cave in. Bringing his attention back to the girl.

"Nice to meet you Kalya, My name is Scorp. However the area has suddenly become quite dangerous and we will need to leave the immediate area."

Scorp decided to take the girl back to the temple and if need be they could escape in his ship. However he might have to leave the x-wing.

Grabbing the girl he sort of quickly carried her along and went inside of the temple. Then after messing with his ship a while HE shot the x-wing on autopilot with the droid onward to corusant if he needed to pick it up he would. Then turning back to the girl.

"Perhaps you would like to learn to way of the jedi? If so I will gladly train you and since I sense the jedi will soon be abandoning this base. If you can prep this ship for take off I must go have a quick talking with Master Kirlocca."

Then opening the hatch he took off to see how he could help end this crisis.

And soon he entered the room with Master Kirlocca, Master Ish and Master Ben'a.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

The shot from Picollo's cannon rocked the temple, and could be felt throughout.

Jareth shot from the spot where he stood and blasted himself out of the hole left in the temple wall. At full force speed, he dodged and weaved in a very random zig-zag pattern to avoid any further shots. He summed up the situation, and used the force to get a better estimate of what he was up against.

Haruun Kal as a planet, was very much alive, and the force flowed strong through it. He felt several voids in the force, and knew the attackers were there.

Quickly, Jareth rushed toward the hill where he felt the absense of the force and leapt high into the air, as he fell, his saber ignited and split the cannon Picollo had used lengthwise causing an explosion from it's power core.

The blast blew Jareth down the hill, and he landed close to where picollo was still laying from the recoil of the cannon's fire.

Quickly, he scrambled to his feet and looked the Doshan in his big, lifeless, reptilian eyes.

"Well well well........I thought it might be you. I thought I smelled worthlessness up here."

Just as Jareth had, Ben'a felt the rocking of the temple as one of its walls was breached. Yelling a hurried order to stay there and keep tabs on the hopefuls back to Scorp, Ben'a followed the former Sith back out of the hole, taking a slightly diverging direction. His object was to see to the Jedi that had been trapped outside in the firefight; they were still hidden by his ship. Ayevit followed as far as the breach, and began to lay out a thick smokescreen to obscure the opening should anyone charge foolishly towards the temple itself.

"Jurha," he said quickly to the young girl lying on the ground next to his former apprentice, "get into the ship, I'll see to Aryian!"

Without waiting for her to respond, the Jedi Knight hefted the still-unconscious Aryian onto his shoulder, and brought him inside, setting him on a crash-couch as Jurha followed. The vessel had not powered down, so it was a simple task to get her sealed up and airborne again, and activating the ship's scanners, he soon had the wrecked landspeeder and its riders pinpointed.

"Hold on back there," he called over the internal comms as he brought the ship around again. "This could get rough!"

With throttle set to full, Ben'a charged down the three men, raining laser bolts down on them as he did so...

goodwoodsig.jpg