Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Korin seemed to think about this for a second, pondering over what she had said. Quickly he looked up towards her, asking a short question before the duel started.

"Will I have to use a lightsaber?"

It wasn't a question of when he was going to use one more than one of if he had to. Korin disliked physical violence greatly, due to the fact he often went too far, hurting someone without intent. It was hard for him to know his own strength when he had few opportunities to exercise it against others.

Korin-1.jpg

"Alright," Shawmus said when Brad suggested he not witness this duel that was or was not happening. "Can ya point me towards the databanks?" The droid unit at Shawmus' hip that was apparently his was twittering and tweetling frequently.

"What?" Shawmus asked it, as if expecting the droid to spit out Basic. "Something wrong with you? You're a talkative little guy."

Damon listend to the wisper of Kirana and liked the idea. Due to his abilities warping the minds perception has become easier.

"Ok Stephen to help make your duel easier I am going to make you belive you are fighting a sith not a jedi prepare yourself for the effects will take place now."

Kirana now appeared to stephen as a dark cloaked figuer raidating the dark side and a red lightsaber.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Kirlocca's ship pulled out of hyperspace above Ossus, his force presence already emmiting strongly over the planet.

This is where the order's fate shall be decided.

Kirlocca brought his ship down for a landing near an onclave that the Jedi master knew held some holocrons. The wookiee's ship landed softly upon the ground. Kirlocca steped out and sat down on the ground in a meditation stance, waiting for the Jedi masters of the order to report in...

Kira turned back towards Korin as he spoke,

"No, there are some that don't use their lightsabers in combat. They are just another tool to use. It's there for defence if they need it, though you don't have to use it. You will however, be required to make one as part of your training."

Kira heard Damon mention the idea to Stephen. In the past she had used holograms to do trials, illusions worked just as well. While waiting for Stephen to begin the duel, the silver haired Jedi Knight felt the approach of another strong in the Force. Her eyes went towards Damon, raising her eyebrow at how Ossus seemed to be attracting more. She wondered what was going on, though would concern herself later. Now the Knight had a duel to attend to.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Stephen opened his hand and a silver rune carven cylinder slid down into his hand. He shifted his body into a guarded stance, but didn't ignite his sabre just yet. He was slightly confused, he was certain that Kira was a Jedi Knight. However his eyes were showing a Sith in front of him. He studied the figure in front of him.

The figure held a dark cylinder with a crimson blade extending from it. This appeared to be only clue or idea as to what the figure had in mind. He pressed the ignition switch on the sabre and an emerald shaft extended from the emitter to a length of about three feet. He drew the sabre close to his body and assumed a guarded stance. After all he didn't like to attack, his skill was in the defense.

He noted what Kira said, deciding that would be how he chose to resolve conflicts. Peace had an overwhelming focal point in his life, and through it he would learn to wage his own wars.

Silently he kept watching, looking earnestly for anything to keep in mind. His brain was abuzz with thoughts and ideas, but he was still focused towards this one end.

Korin-1.jpg

"It doesn't look like there are any functioning databanks here right now," Brad said to Shawmus. He sensed a change building in the Force, a change for the Jedi. "Perhaps this isn't the place for you to be my friend. I believe you should head to the Alliance base at Gala," he said, walking back towards the two starfighters.

Brad reached into the cockpit of his X-Wing and retrieved his datapad and a memory stick. Inserting the memory stick, he scanned the data on it to make sure it was the right one. "Here," Brad said, handing the datapad with the memory stick still inside to Shawmus. "That should be quite enough information on the Jedi for right now. Study that on the trip to Gala and don't break my datapad. I'll need it back when I arrive."

Brad reached around his back to the rear of his belt and retrieved another silver cylinder. He pressed the activation button and a bright violet blade shot forth. "This is my former master's lightsaber that I retrieved after he died. It is of good craft and of great sentimental value to me." Brad deactivated the lightsaber and held the hilt in his hand, thinking for a moment.

"Take this also," Brad said, handing the lightsaber to Shawmus. "Take even better care of that lightsaber. You can use it if you run into trouble and to practice Form I until I arrive on Gala. You'll find the information on Form I on my datapad. I'll arrive in a few days if your master doesn't beat me there. May the Force be with you."

((The information on the datapad is basically what's listed here and here. The pillars of Jedi strength, the code, and stuff on lightsabers and lightsaber forms is what you might want to know.))

WarrenEdit.jpg

Kirlocca, still sitting, was now going over one of the two holocrons that held forgotten Jedi techniques. The Jedi masters mind was only half focused on what he was reviewing. The other half of his mind was on his plan for the Jedi order. He would need help. Deep down in his mind, he knew that he could not, no, no Jedi could handle the responsibility of leading on their own.

"And, uh, you too," Shawmus said to Brad's departing back.

He turned to his R7 unit. "Well, I guess it's just you amd me, little guy. You gonna get us to this Gala place?" The droid blabbed something fast and twittly. "I'll take that as a yes. Or maybe I'll pawn you and that pretty E-Wing off on some backwater world and back a small fortune. How'd you feel about that?" The droid twittered derisively. "Alright, fine, fine. Say, why don't you come with a translator?"

Shawmus and the droid made thier way back to the E-Wing, Shawmus looking at the datapad and the lightsaber cautiously. Brad had sure been generous with his gifts. Shawmus was more than a little nervous to be entrusted with a lightsaber already.

The droid beeped through his thoughts. "Do you have a silent mode? You're not going to be talking the whole way to Gala, are you? I'll never get my homework done, mate!" He switched on the lightsaber. "Maybe this will do something about that." The droid twirtled something offensive sounding. "Calm yourself, mate. Just a joke."

They were at the E-Wing now. "Alright, get in. Let's get this bucket flyin' again, shall we?"

((To let Stephen start first this will be a "filler" type post))

Kira, now looking as if she were a Sith shrouded in black robes in Stephen's eyes only, looked menacingly towards him. To the other padawan's she looked the same Kirana they knew, to Stephen she looked totally different.

Kira charged at him, her saber blazing as she leapt into a series of strikes aimed at testing his defenses, looking for weaknesses, the crimson blade clashing against his emerald one. To the others, her blade wasn't crimson, it was silver.

The Jedi Knight was fully aware of the touch Damon was using to shroud Stephen in the illusion. She touched his mind as she would have with her Battle Meditation, linking slightly with him so that he would be able to show her how to test his padawan if required. He would also be aware of what she was about to do.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

The E-Wing lifted off and made its way out of Ossus' atmosphere, the droid tweetering the whole time. Shawmus was starting to get generally concerned that he wouldn't get any of his reading done if the droid continued to talk like this. But at least the ship had an internal translator, so he could tell what the droid was saying. But when he started reading the translation, he became seriously annoyed.

*I am R7-D21, and I will gladly serve you, Master Shawmus. I am R7-D21, and I will gladly serve you, Master Shawmus.*

"Is that what you've been saying the whole time?" Shawmus asked, confounded. The droid tweeted an answer.

*No. I responded to anything you said, but you had not properly greeted me or given me a name, as is customary for a droid's owner to do.*

"So, you were just trying to get my attention, eh?"

*In a manner of speaking.*

"So, you'll shut up if I name you?"

*Until the need arises for us to communicate.*

"Alright, how about 'Tweet'? Does that work for you?"

*Whatever designation you desire, Master Shawmus.*

"Don't call me Master, Tweet."

*Yes, Shawmus.*

"That's better."

*Yes, Shawmus.*

"Now be quiet so I can read."

*Yes, Shawmus.*

"Good." Shawmus switched on Brad's datapad and began to study the information about the Jedi. The droid twittered again, and before he looked at the translator to read what Tweet had said, he outburst, "What?!?"

The droid tweetered again. *I have put in the hyperspace coordinates for the planet Gala. You must activate the hyperdrive.*

"Oh, right. No problem, mate."

And the stars swirled into the lights of hyperspace.

Kala wandered away from Dashel, apparently looking for something she claimed to remember having been described by the Jedi Masters she claimed to have known. He let her go, figuring the droid was again displaying signs of needing a fairly aggressive mind wipe. The clone birthing process had removed his memories of his time as a force-ghost.

Dressed in old robes, he found a convenient ruin to sit on and reach out to the force. Possibilities swirled through his mind until he found one that seemed somehow to resonate with his own needs.

Following the guidance provided, lead him to see a forgotten tunnel, deep inside a praxeum hall where Jedi padawans had once learned the techniques to build their lightsabers. Inside the praxeum was a cache of raw crystals from various worlds suitable for the construction of a lightsaber, and one of them seem to call to him, so clearly did it resonate in the force.

Dashel opened his eyes, and set about gathering the tools for a quick foraging expedition in the ruins.

As he mounted the speeder bike Kala had brought him in on, he began musing on the configuration of his next ship and whom he should order it from.

((I have no idea if there is a cloning facility here, if not, I'll just pop out of the ground or something.))

The cloning chamber hummed to life as a crystine body emerged. His flawless body seemed to glow with new life as every inch of his skin shinned with pure radience. Droplets of water fell from him as if cast away due to imperfection. The the only moments in Nom's life where he wasn't covered in bruses and scrapes seemed to come fresh out of the clonning chamber. If only his skin would stay this soft all the time. He could feel the external layers of his body begin to harden as they grew accustumed to the atmosphere. Only a quick look around was enough to pinpoint his location. The swiriling clouds amid the lushes blue could only indicate one place...Ossus.

Memories came rushing back, the chaos ensuing from the battle over Haruun Kal. I was fighting Piccolo... Nom's thoughts and recollections came rusing back like water pouring into a waiting glass. The last thing he remebered was his entire torse frozen in liquid nitrogen. His plan was never able to put into action. The Force flew back into him only seconds before he had died. If he only had a few more seconds, Piccolo would have been finished. The liquid nitrogen was beginning to thaw as the heat generated by the Force took hold. The silver dagger within Nom's torso was waiting to be released, in the pit of the bounty hunter's stomach. Unfortuantely that plan was destroyed along with the Defiant.

"What ever works..." The words were clear and crisp, the rasp completely gone. The sensation was rather soothing.

The Jedi Master dressed and proceeded to enter the prestine clear air that was Ossus. The climate of the planet never ceased to soothe him, one of the many reasons why he choose to train there. He was hoping someone was out there to great him.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Kirlocca could now feel another Jedi master on the planet. He slowly placed the holocrons away in his X-wing. The wookiee took a long look around at his surroundings. He could see ever detail of the planet, feel every thing that was alive through the force, drink in from the river of the force that flowed on the planet. KIrlocca reached ou with the force to call the Jedi master to him.

...Nom...

Kirlocca stood still with his arms folded within his robe. Kirlocca just stood there in his Jedi clothing waiting for the rest of the Jedi masters to arrive.

A familiar, though somewhat long since seen, ship began circling around the planet. Ara knew that the others were there, though where particularly on the ruin-ridden planet, she wasn't entirely sure.

Even her voice sounded embarrassed as she used her comm to make a local, encrypted frequency to the planet below her. "Hey, ah, anyone want to help a Jedi out, here? This is Ara-Lai Kaipi, and I'm trying to figure out just where all of you are at the moment. I can feel some of you from up here, but it's...fuzzy."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Kirlocca pulled out his comlink when he heard Ara on it.

"Ara? I'm sending you my coordinates. I'll see you soon."

As Kirlocca deactivated the channel, he was overwhelmed by the force. It had hit him so hard that he ended up dropping his comlink to the ground, and feel to his knees. Kirlocca felt the breaking of a barrier of the force. Very few had ever crossed it, but now, an old Jedi had returned.

...Adi?...Adi-Wan?...

Yes, Kirlocca was now sure of it. Adi-Wan had returned. At just the thought of Adi-Wan meeting him face to face brought Kirlocca to tears. Kirlocca had a part in killing him way back when.

In my arrogance I thought the ends justified the means. My brother and many others paid the price for my fall...

The air around him was quiet, leaves quietly crashed into their respective limbs as if dancing to a silent rythm. Nom's footfalls crushed the grass below. Small footprints remained only for a second before each blade regained its original structure. Nature had a funny way of prserving itelf, despite its lack of a functional brain. The Jedi Master's peaceful surroundings offered him much in the way of diacotomy. The hectic thoughts and scenes in his mind were ironically driven by the serene beauty of the sun's rays. This of course could have been pointless conjecture. The Jedi's reassuring thoughts on the previous battle could have easly done its part to disband his stressful mood. Nom clearly remembered the ship exploding, the brash flames consuming both he and Piccolo. Despite the causation of his own death, the fires did its job to destroy Piccolo and what ever schemes the Black Dawn possessed.

One question was still up in the air however. Was Piccolo telling the truth? During the fight itself, the Jedi Master remained quite indecisive in the matter. He put on an outward appareance of panic and fear simply for the structure of his plan, yet he died before he could reveal his maticulous deception. Piccolo could have easily used that information to cause such a similar situation. The thought of HJP killing his own was quite revolting. He was a hard man, but not a stupid one.

Nom's thoughts carried him toward Kirlocca's ship. The innate Force presence within him seemed to bring him forth on its own will. Nom's long silver hair flowed behind him in the soft wind. It obviously had no desire to defy the whim of the Force. The idea of his hair possessing sentience entertained the Jedi Master the rest of the short journy to the wookie's ship. He knocked softly, smiling at the old fashion mode of greeting. When was the last time anyone knocked on the door of a starship?

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Aryian's ship pulled out of hyperspace, heading for the small planet of Ossus. The Force was already strong here, and with more Jedi Masters gathering, it's presence only grew stronger. Aryian's presence caused the rest of the Force sensitives on the planet to feel calmer, at ease about life, for that was how he felt now.

The landing was uneventful, he locked onto their position easily through his advanced sensors, and Aryian departed the ship searching for the other presences. He felt Kirlocca, Nom Anorus, and Ara-Lai, as well as Kira, Damon, and Orsi and several others strong in the Force. Through it, he sent his greeting to all, yet approached only two.

Nom Anorus was outside Kirlocca's ship, awaiting his attention. Ara, he sensed, still was in space, landing. He might have passed her, but didn't notice it.

"Master Nom...it has been a while sine I've had the pleasure of being in your presence. I see we've each prospered from our adventures. I also believe we almost came close to fighting together over the recent events at Haruun Kal...anyways, it is good to see you."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Aryian's words jabbed at Nom's memories like a curious child poking at an uncouncious beast only to find the creature awaken with anger. His vision of the planet's surface was quite intense. The mushroom cloud was clear enough from space, broadcasting its viscious horrors for all to see. Was Hou-Jo behind it? Piccolo's words easily could have been lies looking to coax the Jedi Master's psychie into fear. Yet a foreboding intuition still lingered...

Nom's eyes lifted from the ground, finally focusing on the Jedi Master before him. Aryian looked good...a little too good. He had an air that seemed to indicate that he was entirely too pleased with himself. Despite his topic of conversation, Nom sensed it had little to do with the battle at Haruun Kal.

He smiled for a moment, indicating the his thought process for a moment. He then restrained himself. It was better to avoid that area. He quickly thought of a question, looking to preserve whatever air of confidence and precision he might have possessed.

"I trust Armiena made it out okay?" The last image he saw of the woman was blasted away as he shot out of her ship. He had a desire to see her, in order to thank her for saving his life.

Edited by Guest

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

A hologram in the likeness of Jedi Master Onderin Starlisk appeared near the Jedi meeting place. It was of great quality, as Gala and Ossus were pretty close together on the galactic scale. He was able to move freely through the technology holocomm devices offered these days, so he headed towards the largest concentration of Jedi.

On the way, he saw Aryian, Nom, and Kirlocca and decided to stop by. They probably at least knew what was going on.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

((I'm not in my starfighter guys.))

Kirlocca looked up when he heard Nom knock on his fighter's hatch. He smiled and bowed before him, only to have Aryian land right after him. Kirlocca bowed before him as well.

Shyriiwook: "It has been some since I last saw you Nom."Shyriiwook

Kirlocca turned his attention to Aryian.

Shyriiwook: "Let it be known Aryian, What Hou-Jo showed you was a lie from the sith and imperials. I never Yes, I did through my weakness tell them I would bring key Jedi masters in if they released me. I however did not get up right after it and leave. I was kept in their care for some time afterwards. I was also broken from lack of food and sleep. I was beaten like a slave from the early years."Shyriiwook

Kirlocca lowered his head.

Shyriiwook: "Much like all Jedi, I went through a trial, and failed. I now see my weakness, and will not make the same mistake twice."Shyriiwook

Armiena Draygo's Ghost Breath popped out of hyperspace and coasted down to the surface of Ossus, following the bright trails of her fellow Jedi Masters' ships and presences to their location, an abandoned Temple. As she departed her yacht, her Force presence opened more completely as she shifted her attention to the affairs of the Jedi Order.

She had”¦ changed, rather abruptly. Just prior to the battle at Haruun Kal, her presence seemed to resemble a dangerously flickering thunderstorm, ready to morph into a devastating gale and spark brushfires with blazing bolts of lightning. The Jedi Master had grown increasingly desperate and grim in her war against the Sith, but without warning”¦ but, now, it was as though an ethereal being had cleaved that tempest in two, revealing a core of utter goodness.

Now, she had turned into something similar to a cheerfully blazing torch, flames dancing merrily as though in celebration, but still capable of setting a consuming conflagration if she was provoked. She was practically glowing with happiness.

Something had definitely happened in the past few days, and the ring that she wore on a very significant finger only gave more indication that she was bathing in the warmth of something wonderful that had happened very recently. Armiena grinned as she departed her ship; even if this meeting brought nothing but stress, it would be amusing to drop that bombshell on the heads of her comrades and brethren.

It seemed that most of the Jedi Masters had arrived, so Armiena left to find Master Kirlocca, who had summoned them to Ossus.

drayyy.png

It was with a chilling whirl of emotion that Nom had answered Aryian, leading him to believe he had accidentally touched upon something unknown. Something that sensitive to the Jedi Master was certainly very serious. He was interested to hear what Nom would say at this meeting.

"You could say that...she should be here any time."

And then Kirlocca met them, and began talking, especially to Aryian. Aryian held a hand up when he realized what Kirlocca was talking about, attempting to stop the conversation there.

"Master Kirlocca, there is nothing you could say, there is nothing anyone could show me...that could ever make me misplace my trust and respect in you. Nobody is perfect, and we who call ourselves Masters of the Force should recognize that easier than anyone else, our own flaws always apparent to us. For me, all is forgiven and forgotten, and I feel the rest of the Order would be wise to do the same."

Aryian turned, looking upwards as he sensed yet another presence descending from the heavens. Armiena had come...and a holographic apparation which displayed Onderin also came walking up, something Aryian couldn't have sensed.

He reached out through the Force to her, giving her a simple message, all the time grinning.

I'll let you tell them about Naboo...you seem to crave the humor at the looks on their faces.

"I believe...Armiena has arrived."

Blz1mwg.png

Korin turned his head towards the gathering of ships nearby, and the several people gathered there. Ever since they arrived, Korin had been feeling much calmer, relaxed, and focused. It was as if the entire universe was at peace. At least...within his mind.

As he stared at them from a distance, he began to feel curiosity. It was strange, but he could almost feel them, their warmth, their radiance. There was certainly something about them...but what Korin was unsure. It was also past the time to ask Master Kirana a question about them, so instead Korin merely remained silent, staring in curious wonder.

Korin-1.jpg

Kirlocca acknowledged both Armiena and Onderin.

Shyriiwook: "Jedi masters of the Order. We have been scattered, broken even. Hou-Jo has disappeared through these events as well. I have gathered you all here to find a stand in leader for the order and perhaps maybe even a new way of ding things."Shyriiwook

Kirlocca looked every Jedi present at the moment in the eye. He knew some distrusted him, but he also knew that they would have to get over it in order for the jedi order to work properly.

Shyriiwook: "Jedi masters...Let's decide for ourselves a leader."Shyriiwook

"There are still a few missing from our ranks...I see Talon is not here yet, as well as one or two others. However, the message was sent, a significant number of Masters are present. I agree with Kirlocca, the time to start these proceedings has come."

Aryian looked at each of the Masters present, knowing it was very possible one of them would be chosen to lead the Order next, in the wake of Hou-Jo's absence. He thought back to Haruun Kal, to the battle, the Temple being destroyed. Hou-Jo was probably dead for all Aryian knew...

Blz1mwg.png

"All right, got it, Kirlocca. I'll be down in a bit." Ara pulled her ship in for a quick and easy landing. Adjusting her clothing and various belts and such, she hopped out of her ship and locked it up. Searching through the Force, she was pleased to find a small gathering of people that she knew. She jogged through ruins and the like to find the group, and upon recognizing someone, she ran a bit faster, coming to a skidding halt next to the group.

"Aryian! Long time no see! How are you?" She grinned, looking around the group. "A long time since I've seen many of you, actually. It's wonderful to see you all again."

Sombering a bit, she cleared her throat. "I had gotten a message to come here. What, precisely, has happened in my absence?" Ara knew some of the basics, including Hou-Jo's disappearance and possible death, but the circumstances under which it came were still a bit fuzzy to her.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Aryian looked to Ara-Lai with a grin. It filled him with glee to see her again, she was one of the only others in the small group who knew anything about advanced electronics dealing with software. In other words, hacking. Aryian would never forget that...And he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when Armiena dropped the bombshell. That was going to be priceless. It was a bit amusing that nobody had noticed the ring yet, but all in good time...

"I'm doing fine Ara. I'm not exactly sure when you left, but the Order has suffered a recent attack by a group known as Black Dawn, comprised of Black Sun and other peoples, at Haruun Kal...they used something called a 'Force Harvester' to drain the Force from an entire planet and the surrounding space, yet with the aid of the Empire and Alliance fleets, we were able to totally demolish their own fleet. However, during the battle, the Temple exploded, probably due to an attack by the Black Dawn forces. I believe several Jedi were lost inside as well as a few of Black Dawn's own personnel. There's also something else, but I'm not sure I should be the one to tell you right now..."

The smaller details he filled her in on mentally, connecting his thoughts with hers effortlessly, yet managing to keep the engagement a secret.

Blz1mwg.png