The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Darex noticed a sudden saddness come over the Caamasi, but didn't mention it. "That makes sense. I admire you for your choice, Kamsie. It would not be an easy decision to make."

The group chatted a little and Kamsie asked why Darex and Ish joined the Jedi. Darex was immediately thrust into memories of his past. As he sorted through them, deciding what to say, he let Ish speak first.

When Ish finished, Darex was impressed. "On the contrary Ish...I think that a Jedi scientist is a very noble job. I've often consulted Jedi scientists for information, and I find that they are the wisest people in the universe."

He took a deep breath and smiled at Ish and Kamsie. "Unfortunately, my tale is not as easy to tell. It all starts in the beginning when I was seven years old. I'm an orphan--my parents were killed soon after I was born. I don't remember anything about them. My earliest memory is meeting my first friend. Her name was Indy and she was a Codru-Ji. How we survived, I hardly know, but we stuck together on the streets of Courascant.

"Anyway, we continued like that until I was seven. One day, we were attacked by a group of thugs. We were tough kids, but no match for a group that size. Suddenly, a lightsaber flashed out of nowhere and a Jedi appeared. Needless to say, the thugs ran for their lives," Darex smiled at the memory.

"The Jedi then turned to Indy and I. He could feel the Force flowing in my veins. He asked me if I knew anything about the Force. I replied that I had heard of it, but knew nothing about it. We found a safe location to spend the night and the Jedi explained to us about the Force. He told me that a Jedi was one who served the light side of the Force and used it for good.

"Indy and I were very impressed. We were young, and this Jedi had saved us. I think the seeds of hero-worship were planted that day," Darex said with a chuckle. "To make a long story short, the Jedi told me that I had the potential to become a Jedi just like him. Indy and I were shocked at this wonderful twist of fate, and we told him that we would go with him. However, he said that Indy was not Force-sensitive--only me.

"We were horrified at the thought that we might be seperated. I was all for giving up my future with the Jedi, but it was Indy that encouraged me to follow this path. 'You can protect the entire galaxy,' she told me. 'You can encourage peace and explore countless cultures. Do it. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.'

"So I left with the man. He took me to the Jedi temple on Naboo and that's where I spent the rest of my growing up years. I was surrounded by Jedi day and night, but I wasn't allowed to train yet. So I studied in the Jedi library almost constantly so that when I was allowed to start my training, I'd have a background of information and could become the best Jedi I could.

"The rest, you know," Darex said, finishing. "I've often wondered what happened to Indy, but I get the feeling that I'll never see her again."

He took another deep breath. "Sorry--that was longer than I expected."

He was about to smile when suddenly a cold chill raced down his spine. He froze. Only once before had he felt this way and that was on Hoth when he was confronting the Sith. Something beckoned, calling him. But as quickly as the feeling came, it was gone.

Darex shook off the feeling and turned back to the conversation.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Orrick grinned. Lunch.... It had been a long time since he had eaten anything, and now that he thought about it, he was famished. "Yeah... Lunch sounds good..." Orrick let Mara lead the way to her quarters....

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

Jaina popped her head around the corner and spotted Ish.

"Ish!" Breaking into a slight jog, she closed the distance quickly. "Sorry I've been away...there was a bit of business I had to take care of." Gently, Jaina gestured to the two lightsabers hanging on her hips.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Ish laughed,"well Darex I think you've already had plenty of adventure back on Coruscant yourself. Any master would be lucky to have you as a padawan." Ish grabbed over and patted Darex on the shoulder.

Suddenly Ish heard a familair voice and cocked his head around so quickly his neck almost cracked. There he saw Jaina Skywalker coming towards him. He was quite surprised that his premenisions were right that he would see Jaina again. "There is no need to appologize, but I'm glad to see you back so soon," exclaimed Ish.

"Two lightsabers eh?" Ish said as he looked down at the dual hilts. "All I have is one, and it isn't even mine. I should actually return it for that matter," Ish said in a more somber tone. "In any case, how've you been?"

Edited by Guest

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"Eh," she said happily, her heart pounding in her ears. "My senses get a bit rusty."

She ran her fingers through her long, dark hair, pulling it back, away from her face. "So where do we get room assignments, or should I just stay aboard my ship?"

53bzzl2.png

"Have you seen all those computer ports around the ship?" Ish asked Jaina. She nodded and Ish continued, "Just go up to one and input your name, and profile should come up for you, or I imagine it will assign you a residence somewhere on the ship if you're not in the database yet." With a shrugg and a look of ambiguity on him Ish said, "Well....at least that's how I found my quarters."

ish2hh6.jpg

"Okay, thanks."

Seizing Ashley by the arm gently, she walked out of earshot of everyone in the room.

"Ash...word's gotten out. Bishop of Battle and Raynuk Montar are both looking for me."

A darkness seemed to enter her tone as she said this, a darkness that resonated in Ashley's ears as the meaning hit her.

53bzzl2.png

Jaina looked down for a moment, catching her breath. When her eyes finally returned to her sister, there was a cold, very sane light in them.

"Bishop of Battle and Raynuk Montar are Sith Masters." This sentence, short and very simple as it was, seemed to take a bite out of her energy. "Bishop was my master: because if I hadn't told you ... I was a Sith. At the Battle of Sullust, when the Sith were invading the Jedi base - I was there. Adi-Wan Tinova ... my erstwhile master ... he called me back. I was Jedi before I was Sith...and now I'm back here." She snorted, a nearly disgusted smile appearing on her face. "Ironic, isn't it?"

"As for Montar," she continued, "I have no idea why he'd be searching for me. Maybe to aid Bishop, maybe just because I'm Jedi and he figures I need to die. But you'd think he'd focus on Kirlocca, or Orrick, or one of them - the ones who are the strongest in the Force. I've only seen him once: at the Council meeting before Sullust."

As she caught her breath, she stared into the depths of Ashley's eyes. "Now you see why I'm a fugitive. Now you see why they've not knighted me yet."

53bzzl2.png

Nom remained where he was. He wasn't sure how much help a knight like him would be. There were so many masters around, what could he do? He had to try. He didn't know much about the Sith but he knew they were evil and they had to be stopped.

As he stood there, he just noticed that no body had responded to his offer of being part of the mission. Does this mean that they didn't want him? He remained in his position and faced BC.

"Would it be possible for me to aid you in this mission?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

After the 2 female humans left the table a strange silence seemed to come over the three men.

Breaking the silence Camsie said "Just causes for both. And I'm sorry if you miss your freind, Darex. Unfortunately lonesome is not something that can be healed away. And Ish don't be ashamed of what you wish to be. A jedi scientist is just as needed as a jedi defender."

linksigcopy4cr.jpg

Malak looked over to Darex, he started to open his mouth, but quickly shut it. He didn't know what to do, this was getting well boring.

Master. HK-47 mumbled in Malak's right ear.

"Yes 47?" Malak replied.

Do you want me to go in and hear what's going on? He started to move his feet, as the metal touched the ground Malak stood up to block his way. He put his head on 47's shoulder and spoke quickly.

"We should both go, this is getting a tad boring what do you say?"

47 walked over to Malak's seet and sat in it. These are so comfortable, they release the straining and the weight on my legs. Its terrific, mind if I take with me?

"I will buy you one. Now let's go do our tasks." Malak said, already walking away from HK. He walked down a small hallway, and ran into Ashley, and Jaina. He motioned a slight nod and walked over to the one with the two sabers.

"My driod and I are wondering if you would happen to know what is going on with all the council members." He looked as Jaina gave him the stink eye.

"I'm sorry to bother you." He said backing up a few feet.

hellokitty.jpg

Jaina eyed the newcomers warily. "I have no idea what's going on with the council members. In fact, I have no idea who the council members are anymore."

Reigning in her snappy tone, she sighed. "I'm sorry. Do you know where they're meeting?"

53bzzl2.png

"I believe they are meeting in the Mess Hall, not that sure though. Sorry to disturb you two."

**He put his hand up in a wave then back down. He headed to the farthest point of the ship, and showed HK-47 his chair, he then de-powered him, and Malak quickly pulled out a pillow, and quickly fell to sleep. He was waiting.**

hellokitty.jpg

As Nahstaa, his Padawan, took the offered lightsaber in order to make his own, Ben'a made his way to the Eternal Vigilance's communications room. Though he couldn't exactly explain why, the Jedi Knight could sense that the time for departure on this mission was growing imminent, and there were still things left to do. From his time training with him, Ben'a could sense that his Master, Keiran, would not want to miss something like this for all the credits on Coruscant... so that was where he sent his first comm.

-- encrypted comm to Keiran --

"The old folks and I might like to see you and your mate back at the shack when you've finished. Will you be so kind...?"

He chuckled to himself at his own coded wit, but there wasn't time to dwell on the humorous line. His next communication went out to the Rebellion, the link having been established by Keiran himself.

-- highly encrypted comm --

"This is Ben'a Solo of the Jedi Order contacting the present Commander of the Rebel Alliance. The Jedi will need your support in capital ships and starfighters for a very crucial mission on the planet of Arbra, we will contact you with a signal when your presence will be needed."

Satisfied that he had done all he could for the moment, Ben'a regarded Nahstaa for a moment as he shut down the communications unit.

"Continue constructing your lightsaber, young one. I must rest for the coming mission."

Confident that his Padawan would have his saber built by the time he awoke, Ben'a went back to his room, Ayevit in tow, and went to sleep.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Ara leaned back in her chair, her hands in front of her face with her fingertips barely touching.

"We've had to combine forces in the past to a similar effect." She looked at Neo kindly and bowed her head. "I am glad you have decided to follow the Light side of the Force, Neo. May you serve it well."

Quickly turning her demeanor from formal to, well, informal, she looked at BC.

"So, you'll go, and most likely...Tares? We should know who's going, and keep in contact in case something should go wrong. Our communication in the past has been rather crappy, y'know. That's part of our downfall--the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Tares returned the nod, "Well if everything is in order, I suggest we prepare." He turned to Skye.

"I will be in my quarters getting ready. Prepare your things and don't forget to say hi to your friends."

With that he made his way out of the chambers....

tares.jpg

A figure walked into the busy council chambers quietly on foot. With purpose, the grey robed man made his way over to the ex-sith, Neo. Staff in hand, the blind man leaned over while "looking" at the center of the room, "You have made a big choice in returning the people you once walked away from. Although peace is a jedi's nature, as well as forgiveness, neither comes as easily as one would expect. Your time for training has begun. Meet me in my personal training room."

From there, Master Nova walked out of the chamber and waited....

"The Shadows will arise...."

OOC: (GERMANY ROCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

IC: Darsha was stunned. "I....I get to build my... my own saber???????"

Ryoo nodded. "Get everything fixed before we add in the crystal. Well... why are you still standing here like a doofus? Quick now."

Darsha laughed. "Yes master." She ran off to the library, the bag of stuff jiggling in her hand.

Grabbing a few dusty thick volumes labeled things like: Blarshed bay day Lightsaber, 7 things not to miss in a lightsaber and Manual: Lightsaber. She tossed the ones in Old Basic away; Blarshed bay day Lightsaber neatly levitating back to its space on the shelf. The stuff was quite simple really.

She took out the handle ad examined it closely. Hmm”¦. This one's small enough for my hand, examining her stubby fingers. Grabbing the books she made her way down to the workshop.

Seating herself down at a vacant bench, she gently poured out all the fourteen items. Grabbing a few spare wires, she hooked the cell recognition device to the handle and put the waterproof casing over it. Then she wrapped the pressure grip around it securing one's wires to the other's.

Using a pair of tweezers, she twisted the wires so that they clung onto the insides of the handle, so that there was plenty of space left over. Seeing that there was a hole just right for the activation switch, she welded it on and joined its wires with that of the pressure grip. Taking out the belt ring, she also welded it onto the handle. The safety was some problem until she realized that it wasn't meant to be welded, but just fixed with a tiny hinge. Looking at the extremely unfinished product, she was glad to see that it at least resembled that of a passing Jedi's.

While welding in the blade phase control, she thought about her lightsaber. The lightsaber usually resembled the personality of the wielder. A lone fighting blade wasn't her.

Start with one then if you are uncomfortable make some more.

OK. She shrugged, and imagined herself with a lone blade. A quick activation and deactivation was needed. She adjusted the pressure grip a bit so that there was less pressure needed to ignite the blade if the activation switch didn't work.

She levitated a glass of Pepsi from the cooler nearby and rested and pondered.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Skye watched as Neo moved closer to her after speaking with the Council Members. Taking a deep breath she faced her once enemy and relaxed, listening as he whispered into her ear. Hearing Neo apologise for hurting her on Hoth she stretched out with the Force to ensure that he meant what he said, finding no hint of deception. She found herself smiling at him and let him know that she was willing to be his friend. Skye turned back to her Master as he spoke.

"I will be in my quarters getting ready. Prepare your things and don't forget to say hi to your friends."

She followed her Master out of the Council Chambers and then headed in the direction she felt Darex and Ish to be”¦ the mess hall, her bag with all of her possessions within, was still in her Master's ship and she had nothing else in her room on the Eternal Vigilance so she thought she'd see her friends for a while before finding her Master again. Wandering in, she quickly grabbed a bite to eat and headed over to their table, saying hello to the others at the table before focusing on her two friends. Putting her tray down she threw an arm around each of them, giving both a quick hug.

”œHi Guys”¦ did you miss me?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ish was elated to see Skye back though he sensed a small amount of hesitation within her. "Well isn't that convenient going out, and finding your half brother. It's fun when that happens isn't it?" said Ish with a sarcastic voice. "Small world eh?" he chuckled.

Skye gave Ish a small belt in the shoulder that certainly wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last. Ish hunkered away snickering. "So how has your training been going?...I can sense that you are much stronger than you used to be." He smiled over at Skye and then took a sip of his fourth or fifth juri juice as he had lost count.

ish2hh6.jpg

Nahstaa held his masters lightsabre gently, once again feeling the weight, and danger within it... slowly he thought about how he was going to do it... he wanted his lightsabre to be as much a part of him as possible...

Using his awareness, he once again pushed his mind into the intracasies of this weapon, reminding himself of its workings... i his mind, he quested out into the wilderness, searching for a lump of metal he could use... he found one in a storage room, round the corner... he got up, and retreived it... it was a block of metal, totally plain and square... he sat down in the store room, and looked at it... so plain, and yet, it would become so useful...

Carefully, he used the force to heat up the metal, and pulled a strand of it out. it twisted in mid air, slowly forming a section of the case... the head of a fire lizard... so cold, yet so warm... just like him...

Slowly but surely, nahstaa formed the pieces of his lightsabre, all slightly different from his masters, all of them a part of him. once he had done this, he started fitting them together, fusing them together once they had clicked into place...

A good hour later, nahstaa had finally finished constructing his sabre... only one thing remained... the crystal. Gently, he slid it out of his robes, and pushed it into place inside the sabre... he fused a small housing over the top, and hefted the sabre, looking at it...

It was smooth, yet rough in places... it had soft curves, and sharp angles... it was just as he had imagined, a part of him... gently, he depressed the trigger, and the blade flared to life, a glowing black blade... cold, yet imensely hot, just as he felt right now... he pressed the button again, and his sabre disengaged...

Perfect... he pocketed it, and strode out to find his master...

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Orrick walked beside Mara as the two made their way through the halls. All the while, his gaze remained out the viewports on the ocean. How he longed to swim again! Finally they made it before Mara and Leo's quarters. But thinking of this sparked questions in his mind. Leo is with his apprentice, but where was Andon? And why had the station left them? To Orrick, many things remained a mystery at the moment, but the Force reassured him that his questions would reveal the answers at the right time...

The hissing of the door brought Orrick back to the present, and the pair walked through the doorway to the other side.

((I may not be able to post for a couple days. If I dissapear, don't freak out on me. ))

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

Darex was listening to the conversation around him when suddenly he felt someone grab him from behind. "Hi guys. Did you miss me?" came a voice.

"Skye!" Darex whirls around and gives her a hug. He listens to her gush about discovering her half brother and chuckles. "That's wonderful news. But calm down a little before you have a heart attack!"

Ish spoke up. "So how has your training been going?...I can sense that you are much stronger than you used to be."

Darex turns, interested to hear the story as well. "Yeah, you're the only one of our little group that has taken steps toward knighthood. What's it like?" He can't resist throwing a pretend microphone in her face and turning to Ish. "Get your datapad ready! This will make the headline of the nightly holo-news!"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

**Neo nodded his head as the Master spoke. After he was done he followed like a rabbit to the training room. Thoughts started to fly into his mind of when he first was a Jedi; he also remembered why he chose the light side. Since Neo had a very, no-detail-left-behind-memory, he felt that he did leave a detail behind. Why he loved the Jedi, why he chose the side the first time. Walking in, training with the infamous Lightsider, Mathis Qui Gon, who was now a Jedi Knight.**

"That should've been me, but I gave into what a wanted. I was selfish, when I shouldn't have been. I am sorry." He whispered to himself.

"I am ready," Neo said to the stranger in his Training Room.

tru7h.jpg

As the ex-sith entered the room, Calen stood at the base of the training area calmly waiting with his staff. The room itself was rather large: big enough to hold a scaled down running track, with a network of bars, planks, and poles connected together in a large metal tree. Surrounding the 'tree' lay other various training equipment.

"I don't think you truely realize what you need to be ready for. You may have survived brutal physical training Sith during your glory days in their order, but all the pain in the world on the body won't compare to what I'm going to mentally put you through. You aren't a jedi yet until you earn my respect, and believe when I say, my respect is the respect of the council." As he spoke, the old master kept a calm face about him.

"My name is Calen Nova. Typically I give my students the option of calling my Calen, but for an honorless dog like yourself, you may call me Master Nova. I don't want to tire you out too soon, so lets start off something simple. Five laps around the track, while repeating the Jedi code. After those five laps I want you to take an other five labs running backwards explaining to me what each of those words means. Get to it...."

"The Shadows will arise...."