The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

((OOC: I forgot to mention in my exit post... if someone needs to reach me, please post a:

~~~Hypercomm Transmission~~~

in the Ossus Thread once I'm officially in there. I'll respond in the same manner. Other than that, If anyone is wanting to come along on Ossus, you'll have to Hypercomm me for the coordinates. Since I didn't get to speak with the Council before I left, I "forgot" to leave the coordinates to Ossus with them ))

Ara sighed and shut down her lightsaber, instructing Xel to do the same.

"Another council meeting. C'mon, let's go." She hefted her backpack on her back and jogged to the chambers.

Sitting down, she looked around. "Why did this meeting get called?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Tiana watched as Xae left, and said a soft farewell to the other girl. It had been nice to speak with someone close to her own height, and someone who seemed so much like her. She smiled slightly, just thinking of the hieght difference between the girl and her master... it was almost funny, because at least that way Xae would always look up to this Kyp. She still thought it was odd that she used the familiar term with him. Sighing, she decided to return into the temple, as it was growing a bit too chilly for her taste, not that it was really cold, she was merely tired of staying out there.

Turning away from the landing pad, Tiana entered back into the temple, and looked around, wondering where to go. She had already eaten, there was really no need to return there, and she didn't feel like returning to her room just yet, she wasn't exactly tired at the moment. So she took to the halls, in the hope to find someone else to talk to, or something. After a bit of walking, it came to Tiana that she was thirsty, that was why she had came back in.

She turned, and oriented herself back in the direction of the mess hall, where she could pick up a glass of water, or something. Entering into the larger room, she located the water glasses, and sat down in a corner, sipping at the cool drink.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

(Thanks Obsidian!)

Darsha had received the message from her master. At least I'm on the right track, she thought happily.

She was now sitting in her room crossing out hte things which she had found. She looked at what remained to be found:

} A Handle

} An Activation Switch

} A Safety

} An Emitter Matrix

} A Recharge Socket

} A Focusing Crystal

} A Power Conduit

} Cell recognition device

} Pressure grip

} Blade phase control switch

} Waterproof casing

} Modificatons kit

She decided to tackle the handle, activation switch, and the safety first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She remembered when she was in the training facility, Ryoo had said something about liking heights. He probably put more things nearer the top than at the bottom.

She climbed up to the topmost level, where there were a couple of store rooms. One had a collection of antique chamber pots and another of antique swoops. The swoops were well preserved, with their coats still shiny and their handles gleaming...

Handles.

She went into the room for a closer look. She closed her eyes to sense anything that could have been for a lightsaber. There it was! Her master had cleverly inserted it inside a real handle.

Taking out her dagger, she prised open the old handle. it came off easily, but to her horror she found that the lightsaber handle wa cemented inside.

Gritting her teeth, she force blasted the cement out, and unwrapped her prize which was wrapped in a cloth with 'well done' painted on." Staring around at the layer of grey that now covered the room, she hoped that everyone else would think it was just dust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was washing her hands in the female toilet, when something in the mirror cought her eye. It was a probe droid. What on earth is a probe droid doing here? She thought.

She went out to have a look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The droid was giving little funny jerks, like it was trying to shake off something. And it was a little pink clow in the dark star on it's underside.

GOtcha! Darsha thought.

The droid was all but immune to her calling it to come down. On the contrary, it floated even higher.

Darsha swore. Then using the force, she pulled the droid down. Next to its activation switch was another activation switch. SHe pulled the newer looking one off, and it came out, not being wired to the droid and the pink star sticker fell off too, predictably, on it's surface, were two words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safety..... safety.........safety.......

Darsha was seating in the Arbetoreum (sp?) contemplating her next item.

safety safety safety......

safety safety...

safety..

She hit the tree beside her in frustration and something hit her hard on the head.

"ouch!" SHe cried, but was soon grinning as she held the safety in her hand.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

*Kirlocca walked into a training room that he had helped his padawan find. He took a quick look around the room to see what was in it that would help him train his padawan.*

*Nothing...seems more like a sparing room more then anything.

*Kirlocca looked at Ryan and then with a big smile spoke to his through the force.*

"Ryan, one of the many things you should know is how to deflect blaster fire. Some jedi stop once they know how to do just that, but other's like me, like to move on."

"I for one know how to sense in advance a sniper shot, and can deflect it. There are also ways to deflect a proton bomb, but you will not need that as of now."

*Kirlocca walked to the other side of the room and looked into his padawans eyes.*

"What exatcly would you like to learn?"

Leo has found noone worthy of his knowledge. He leaves the mess hall and continues his journey through the Eternal Vigilence. He wished he had found someone. Someone he could chare his secrets with. He had Mara to tell, but he could tell she was not ready. One must go through strenious knowledge and trials to accept his knowledge, and Mara bearing children, it would be too hard on her. Leo catches the sense of someone he knew. Ashley Jade. He turns on his heels and takes a left turn almost running into her.

"Ashley, its good to see you again. If you are looking for Andon, he and Master Akturus have left on a mission. I do not know where or why, but you are welcome to stay with me and Mara. We would be glad to have you."

Even though it had been awhile, Leo had still managed to keep his teachings in check. The same teachings that had made gotten him the woman he loved, his manners and politeness. He had been taught these at a young age, along with fencing, sword fighting, and marksmanship.

asdfgcopy.jpg

After trying to figure out the mysteries of Ish Ka Bibl, Eli checked her datapad for anything new. It appeared that a meeting of the council had been called. Knowing that she wasn't going to be exactly welcome Eli left her quarters and headed to the chambers to request an audience with the council.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Armiena sees another woman walk in. She ignores her, but Armiena studies her as she gets a glass of water.

Definitely not mechanic garb, she thinks. Armiena watches her for a couple of minutes then gets her nerve up to try to talk to her.

"Mind if I sit here?" she asks when she has the woman's attention. "Bit lonely when you're in an unfamiliar place."

drayyy.png

While waiting for a response from his Master the young Jedi idly looked around the hangar at the variety of ships...there certaintly were a lot to choose from. His thoughts pondered to the teachings of the Jedi Master in the holocron he was studying, "To truly defeat your enemies you must first let go of yourself and not be afraid to fight to you fullest potential". The question was, could he fight to his fullest and still maintain control...that was the variable that always seemed to plague his thoughts: control. Once his Master awknowledged him Andon couldn't help but laugh at the comment he made...he'd almost forgotten that Master Akturus had a light-hearted side; he'd almost forgotten that he himself had a light-hearted side.

"Come on Master, your not that old," he chuckled.

He paused, absorbing the intensity of the moment...there was something else to be said.

"We're going to strike soon...aren't we," he asked quietly.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Tiana turned around. "Oh... no, I don't mind," she replied, as the other woman slipped into a seat beside her. "Yeah, an unfamiliar place can be lonesome, when one knows no one."

She picked up her glass of water, and sipped on it. "I'm Tiana Elass, a Jedi hopeful," she said. "And you?"

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

"Yes, the time has come for us to act. Just remember, your focus determines your reality. Now, we're going to have to find you a long-range starfighter."

As the Jedi Knight's eyes dart across the hangar, he feels the familiar presence of his second master, Airleas Lianahan.

"Good to see you again, Master Lianahan."

Not sure what was expected of him, Toster followed BC into the council chambers. Slowly gliding down the long corridors, he was keen to notice several other jedi move in the same direction. He was not sure whether he was going to be given an assignment for his trials, or if the meeting had been called to discuss some other matter. Either way, he was clearly showing signs of nervousness in his steps. As he entered the room, he did not sit, and instead stood by the door, waiting for some indication as to what would be happening next.

While engaged in conversation both men turn their heads towards the entrace of the hangar when they felt a familiar presence...atleast the apprentice thought it was a familiar one to him. After Hale and Airleas greet eachother, she throws him the quickest of glances and the Padawan bows his head before the Jedi Master. His mind raced with a single question: had he met her before? He quickly shook off the notion and turned his attention once more to his Master, Hale Akturus.

"I take it the long-range fighter is only for transportation, Master. To truly take the fight to them most of the fighting will be hand to hand...right?"

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Leo moves down the hallway eventually getting to a hangar. He sees Andon and Hale standing with a woman talking about their plans.

"I wish I could go, but my wife is pregnant and I must stay here in case she goes into labor. But you may take any of my ships, except the Titan Eagle. The rest you can choose for your own preference." He bows to the Masters and Andon before walking out of the hangar and heading to a room where he felt a familiar presence. One that he needed to be with right now. He walks into his rom and finds Mara standing there.

(I am guessing the questions you asked stil applies here, since we are here.)

"Yes my love. I did find what I was looking for. And I do not know why we were forced to leave the Helix Station. But it does not matter where we are, as long as we are together. I love you and will always love you."

Leo bends down and gives her full kiss wrapping his arms around her. It had been a longt ime since they had kissed with passion. Leo makes a note to do it more often.

asdfgcopy.jpg

"Best to be prepared for anything, my apprentice. If I remember correctly, you used to handle a little black A-Wing pretty well. Now let's see how you can handle a V-19 Torrent."

Akturus points to a red and white V-19 Torrent starfighter over in the corner of the hangar. The Jedi Knight then turns back to Airleas Lianahan.

"We're going to be doing a bit of work. We're going to find the location of a Sith base, and attack. Are you in?"

Scorp backed away slowly then went to the cafe after a nice big free meal he returned to his room. Feeling some what downcast he decied he would go to sleep. Dozing off to sleep he had the odest of dreams. HE saw himself which is not all that odd only problem was he saw three of him selves. He saw a figure of him self of a rocky but straight road. The closer he floated toward it the better but more bogged down he felt. Then he noticed a road that seem to release hate from it very existance. the path seemed easy but it didn't seem to lead to anywhere. A bridge that seemed pretty normal was connected both roads together he saw the other two figures of himself battling on this road each one was clearly labed as coming from one or the other roads. For what seemed like hours the two battled each time the dark one seemed like he was winning Scorp felt anger and hate rise in him but everytime the one seem good was winning peace but some uncertainity fillled. Scorp continued to watch the battle.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Tiana grinned. "Yeah, I suppose that would make you one of the newest persons here? Fifteen minutes... you haven't settled in then, ehh? It's nice to meet you, Armiena, yet another one of the Jedi Hopefuls. I've been here for a while, but not that long... certainly longer then you have, but if you're trying to find your way around, I can say this much, I cannot direct anyone anywhere yet."

((Your character's name... borrowed from DragonRiders of Pern? Very simular to one...))

spsig.jpg

List of things Left

Darsha looked hard at the uncrossed ones.

} An Emitter Matrix

} A Recharge Socket

} A Focusing Crystal

} A Power Conduit

} Cell recognition device

} Pressure grip

} Blade phase control switch

} Waterproof casing

} Modificatons kit

Better leave the focusing crystal for the last,she thought.

So now: Emitter Matrix, Recharge socket and power conduit.

Emitter Matrix. [OOC](Her first thought was to go to the cinema. )

Now...

She focused on the pink ink...........

........a pen in Ryoo's room............

........and in the female toilet she had just come out of.........

.......Wait but in the water system so Ryoo wasn't that erm... how could she put it........

Carefully, Darsha blasted a small hole in the pipe and used the force to stop the water from spurting. She coaxed the emitter matrix out; it was wrapped in waterproof material. Looking at the hole she had made, Darsha screwed up her face in concentration and gathered the pieces from the blast and used the blue training lightsaber she had to melt it back into shape. Well....... she hoped there were plumbers about in case of further mishap.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well done and well done.

The emitter matrix and the power conduit.

"WHEE!" Darsha yelled.

A note from her master was inside.

The both are never far apart so it's more sense this way. Anyway, the task was quite tough, so you deserve double the reward.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Ryoo I'm gonna defy you a bit by having 6 posts... got a bit of a good story for the crystal.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Tiana was waiting for a reply from Armiena when she suddenly had the oddest feeling, like something was pressing her to go somewhere. If she hadn't been Force-sensitive, she would've passed it off as something she had ate, but, as it was, she still found it very confusing. She set her water down. Like I'm being told to find something... or someone.

Leaning back, her face slightly more ashen than normal, as Tiana tried to filter through her thoughts, and figure exactly what was happening, she spoke the best she could, while trying to concentrate. "It was nice meeting you, Armiena," she said, almost softly, as she tried clearing her thoughts, as they had been told to do. "But... I get the feeling I have to go somewhere... find something..." Tiana stood up, slightly dazed at the dizzyness that was trying to run through her head, and, leaving her water, left the room.

spsig.jpg

Taken aback by the suddenness of Tiana's departure, Armiena stares as she practically runs out of the mess hall. She shakes her head quickly, knowing that she's up to her chin in a new world that she doesn't understand at all.

Strange... but they're Jedi. She's been exposed to the Force a lot longer than I have.

After thinking for a couple of minutes, she gets up and searches for a refresher.

drayyy.png

Hale Akturus continues.

"A few of us will uncover the location of the planet the Sith use to train their apprentices. With that information, a band of us, aided by the members of the Rebellion, will strike."

Tiana felt somewhat guilty for running out on the newcomer, and hoped she didn't take it to heart, but something was pulling at the back of her mind, as if she had to find something. It was driving her crazy that she didn't know how to cipher through her thoughts well enough to figure out exactly what was going on, exactly who to find, so she just hoped that whoever it was, she'd run into sooner than later.

Closing her eyes, and taking a deep breath, she started down the hallway, but at a more reasonable pase this time, and trusted that the Force would take her whereever it was she needed to go, or to whoever it was she needed to find.

spsig.jpg

The Traitor's Hope, exiting hyperspace, flew down at rapid speed to dive beneath the depths of the water. Extending the docking arm, Jaina latched the ship onto the Eternal Vigilance.

Sighing, she grabbed her satchel and smiled nervously at Ish. If she was wrong about this...if the Jedi chose not to accept her...then both of them would pay the price. But it was a bit late to think about that.

Walking into the main audience chamber of the underwater station, Jaina tried very, very hard not to hold her breath. Scanning the room and the people filling it, she suddenly caught sight of a very familiar, yet very distant face.

"Ash ... ? Ashley? Is it you?" Jaina approached the girl. "It's me...Jaina."

Nearly losing her balance in the extreme stress of the situation, Jaina took a step back, only to be caught at the elbows by the strong arms of Ish. Throwing him a grateful, nervous smile, she let out an anxious breath.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Ish gave Jaina a small push to get her back upright, and shot her nervous smile directly back at her. He had seen Ashley around the Eternal Vigilance, but hadn't spoken to her at all. He gave Jaina a small nudge towards Ashley's direction. He crossed his arms.

It's good to be back he thought.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!