Ilum

RaveN

Above the planet of Illum Damon filled with the force. Being near this planet was an experince itself, however if what Damon had read and been given his implant Illum was to be a rather interesting experince. Putting the ship into the automatic the ship flew on the flight path he was given back at Mykr.

soon as the ship breached the lower ionasphere the implant fired again giving password infomation and fine detail of the base here on Illum. Disenaging the auto pilot Damon followed the infomation to a shaft that was big enough for a fighter or two. Descending down the shaft details stuck out at Damon. The walls were lined with cortis. Turrets were all around and the identification systems were back checking between the implant and there own systems. This place seemed more like a prision for jedi than a base. Then again on Illum any force user had more power running though him than any other place in the galaxy.

The ship landed and Damon exited the ship. To his astonishment the hangar was quite the site. Smaller ships and a squad of B wings. This place truly was a place of interesting desging. Moving from the hangar the implant fired again giving Damon a layout within his own mind of the base. It was truly interesting. Going over the layout Damon had made a bit of a mistake. He had taken the back door. Wanting not to miss the others Damon made way to the main enternce of the base passing near the center ring, the mess hall, the med bay, and the other chambers. Even with a blue print in his head seeing this place with his own eyes was quite somthing.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Aryian landed at the training fortress, glad to finally see one of his designs carried out flawlessly for once. The base looked very clean and new, and it was even more refreshing to once again feel the ebbs and flows of the Force, including one of his fellow Jedi whom he had recently given master trials to.

Aryian tried to sneak up on Damon in a childlike prankish manner, not bothering to hide his presence, intending to surprise him somehow. Though as he neared Damon, the other turned, solidly feeling Aryian approaching. It was Aryian, though, that spoke first.

"It's good to see you again, friend. I trust you are well?"

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

After failing badly at trying to sneak up on Damon. Aryian spoke. After hearing that Damon responded.

"Well considering I just did some soul saving not bad. I'm sorry I missed the training with the others. I plan to make up for it friend. Trust me on it. Let me ask you a question, have you ever seen a phoenix?"

Aryian furrowed his brow as he heard the word.

"Phoenix, did you say? I've never even heard of such a thing. What is it?"

Instantly Aryian's imagination went to work, trying to conjur everything he thought might be a Phoenix, but most of them were mechanical contraptions. He waited for Damon's response as he thought hard on it.

Blz1mwg.png

Talon's Force signature could be easily recognized by his companions as he entered the system, as it openly reached out in all directions. During their time on Myrkr, Talon was estranged from what he held most dear. True, it helped break him of his dependence on the Force, but there was something cold and harsh about the ordeal. In hyperspace, however, the restrictive bonds were broken, and he emphatically tended to his meditations, allowing the Force to reconsume his body. In fact, the whole experience could be likened to that of a child who had stumbled upon a favorite toy he thought was lost, and now took great pleasure in playing with it again.

On Zee's command, the Eta-2 proceeded to its destination- another subterranean base hidden from the Sith, the Empire, and even the other Jedi. Its secrecy was of the utmost importance; if the Empire or the Sith caught wind of what they were doing, the Jedi Spec-Ops department would lose its greatest weapon: the element of surprise. Therefore, when Talon approached the base, he withdrew the Force in on himself. While the Jedi Master still relished in all the recounted glory of the Force, he changed the level in which he broadcast it.

Like the base on Myrkr, this base was hidden underground. In contrast, however, it was beneath a mountain, instead of a forest, and not a meter of it was exposed to the open air. In fact, had it not been for the bright lights that shone out when the entrance tunnel doors opened, he probably would have not been able to find it, what with all the snow that had piled over it.

Not that he needed too”¦ The new implant alerted him to the layout of the base, and he could feel two auras- one distinct and the other hazy- deep below.

When Talon's interceptor finally settled down, and Talon disembarked, he took note of the physical surroundings. Aside from the fact that there were no windows, it was almost impossible to determine that they were far underground. In fact, the whole place was warm and inviting, much like the old temples on Coruscant or Ossus.

As the white hot sublight ports cooled behind them, Talon and Zee proceeded onward to meet their team-mates. Like the hangar, the rest of the facility was well lit, and almost ”˜lavishly' decorated. Very much unlike the base at Myrkr, which emphasized technology, this base clearly emphasized a deep connection to the Force.

As he could now once again access the Force, it was not long before he discovered the ”˜hiding places' of Ayrian and Damon. They were engrossed in pleasant conversation as they ”˜toured' the outpost. Talon smiled and bowed (while Zee gave a respectful whistle), and waited for the approaching Jedi to reach him.

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Aryain and Damon walked around the base as what a Phoneix was attempted to be exlpained.

"From my studies on Ossus a phoneix is a mthyical bird of fire. It was stated that this bird died and turned to ash. However from the ashes he rose a new creating flame that returned to life and healed those that it protected and burned and horrified those that were its enemies. Using this concept I have came up with an idea. Like my Force Light I belive I can do make my own phoenix from the force and the soul magic that I have picked up."

As the two walked they ran into an aura that Damon had not felt in some time. The two stopped as they met another fellow master in the tunnels. Still stuck in his old habits bowed his head to Talon.

"Hello master Talon. I was unaware that you were a part of Special Operations as well. How do are you?"

((*Blink...blink*

Erm, you knew he was there on Myrkr, unless I'm mistaken, and also..."How do are you?"

blink.gif))

It was interesting what Damon had suggested to him, about this Phoenix, and later Aryian would have to give it a little research, probably on another interstellar flight. But just as an idea was about to hit him, a familiar presence immediately became apparent, ignored before due to lack of paying attention. He bowed jerkily, late in returning Talon's own customary greeting, and slight agitation showed on his face as well as a slight hint of frustration that he had not been focusing as well as he should have been. Possibly side-effect from being on Myrkr for too long...

"Ah, Master Talon. Good...Now there are only a few more left to come, and I'm hoping the other members of the Department will show up soon. Speaking of..."

Aryian reached for his comm unit, sending a short untraceable comm to Master Anorus giving him the coordinates of the new fortress. After that, it was quickly slipped back away, and Aryian began conversing once more.

"So, Master Talon, what do you think of the place? I tried to emphasize comfort on the surface of this facility, while at the same time maintaining a near impenetrable defense. We are here, after all, to relax and exercise our minds, not our bodies."

Directly after he was speaking, he sent a message to Damon's implant, as a casual side note for the man.

["I'll see you later about this 'soul magic'...if all goes well, you may be teaching it to us. Feel free to develop anything as soon as possible."]

Blz1mwg.png

((Hey. Don't question me on bad gramar and sloppy sentence structre. I do what I can do when I have the time. Also I said that to cover myself because I didn't remeber if I talked to him or not seesh.))

With the jedi masters in group it was interestin walking around here. The tour was great and the space did remind him of somthing else.

"Aryian. Walking around here somthing has been reminding me of Ossus. Did you get the idea from there and also. The implant showed me the concept of the base here. What is the ultimate goal of putting a base on a planet that if the sith or the empire wanted to could claim it? Illum is nuetral but with this base here that sense of netural is compermise is it not?"

((I looooove you Damon...pleasedon'tkillme...))

Aryian hadn't thought of that yet, compromising Ilum's neutrality, though there was a very good reason he hadn't thought of it. By his reasoning, anyways.

"In my experience, there really is no neutral ground anywhere. If the enemy wants to come in and get you badly enough, they come in and get you, neutral grounds or no. We already have a Temple here, and I merely put as many defenses into the base as I did because I REALLY don't want information kept here falling into the hands of the Empire, and especially not the Sith. Or, for that matter, anyone outside the Order, possibly the members of this Department."

They continued to walk around the base, looking at the various useful rooms available to them. And even in the Medbay, the walls were decorated with epic paintings and old Jedi...well...paraphenalila.

Blz1mwg.png

From a planet far, far away, Aryian Darkfire finally received a message from his bride-to-be, concerning tedious and more interesting Jedi business, as well as more personal matters. The message used one of Aryian's personal encoding algorithms, entrusted to her through a gift that he gave her a long time ago.

Oh... dear. Judging from the send date on your message, I need to check my messages more often. Alas, the last few days have been rather busy and frustrating, and I found that I needed a stiff drink more badly than I needed to check my messages for potentially vital Jedi business. Clearly, my mind and my body are not always in perfect agreement, and neither of them exercise common sense 100 percent of the time.

I seem to be picking up passengers every few minutes as I'm gallivanting from one side of the galaxy to the next--an old friend, a new Padawan, and someone that I'm hoping will turn out to be a friend. I don't want to give details over this message, but it suffices to say that I have the situation under control and we'll most likely profit from her friendship.

I have a suspicion that my mother managed to stow away on my ship without my hearing of it, but if that's the case, she'll also manage to elude detection until she deems the time is right... most likely, when events are arranged to ensure my greatest embarrassment. She's a very... tricky character, but you'll probably love her... provided that she doesn't kill you first. Speaking of which, she's probably monitoring my messages (Dear, you have no idea--MD), partly the reason why I don't want to go too long on details here.

Back to business. I'm glad to hear that the training for Spec Ops is progressing--I just... have a bad feeling that we are going to be grateful for it in time. One of the more junior Jedi Knights submitted a fantastic design for a new starfighter. The mind boggles at seeing how awesomely powerful this ship could be in the hands of a good Jedi pilot. I'm having a number of these ships produced at headquarters, and a squadron or so should be completed soon enough for us to rip into these things and give them a test-fly.

I love you and I miss you. Take care of yourself.

drayyy.png

The silence of hyperspace ebbed as stars streaked into visual existance. Nom Anorus took a deep breath, his two lightsabers resting against his hips. It had been such a long time since their last use. He could clearly picture his scuffle with Faust. The lengths that man would go in order to attain victory were astounding, such were the reputations of every scum bag in this galaxy. Yet through that encounter, his padawan sat before him now, latent in age. To the naked eye, the two Jedi looked extremely similar in hair color, length, and even facial structure. The only difference between the two remained in the eyes. Scorpio's retinas held a frim article of youth and prosperity, despite his older apperance. The Jedi Master's on the other hand retained a light choclatey glare as maturity powered his aged lines.

Nom scanned through his navi computer making sure the coordinates Aryian sent him linned up with his destination. "So here we are on Ilum once again..." Nom said to more to himself than his learner.

The next few minutes held the landing of Nom's ship as he and his apprentice stepped against the smooth snow of Ilum once more. He could vaugly make out the presence of other Jedi, their Force signatures illuminated by the ever present power of the planet. His feet stepped firmly into snow as it cruched submissivly below him. There was something of a gratifying feeling when walking on the snow, as if even the powers of nature could not stem his advance. That very fact proved true as the Jedi Master and his apprentice traveled even closer to their new home.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

As the two treaded through the snow, the LAF-250 slowly disappeared in the snow behind them. Scorpio could tell his Master was still amazed at how closely they looked like each other, the bond they shared making that appearent, but also mainly from from Nom's many glances over at Scorpio.

But exactly how close they came nearly knocked Scorpio off his feet when they neared the ice caves as he saw his reflection for the first time in some ice that hung down by one of the entrances. It made Scorpio wonder if their bond had anything to do with it, especially since it was Nom who had awoken the force within Scorpio not so long ago on Tatooine.

It had been the force's awakening that made the taint grow stronger, just strong enough for when Yue had used his power, it had destroyed the prison in which Scorpio's father had encased it. "It is possible" Scorpio thought to himself as they treaded on through the now snow storm that had erupted around them. "Master, are we near the destination Aryian sent us yet?"

As the three continued to walk around the base, viewing various things and idly keeping up a pleasant conversaion about the current ongoings of Jedi politics and other completely boring stuff meant to pass time, Aryian recieved a beep on his comm unit. He pleasantly excused himself from the other two to review it, happy to find out it was from his fiance in response to one he had sent her while still on Myrkr.

He smiled as he listened to it, reviewing it a second time just for the comfort of hearing her voice again. He needed to see her soon...he missed her just too much. All too far away was their wedding, which they still had yet to really prepare for, tied down instead by affairs of their own organization, of their family, of the Jedi. Aryian's smile quickly turned into a grimace when he realized this, even when it meant giving up warfare to train his brothers, it was the struggle between the Jedi and the Sith that still pulled them apart from each other. That...would have to be remedied, and several plans began to brew in his head on how to do that, when he felt two familiar presecnes, one much stronger and more familiar than the other.

Nom Anorus had found them.

Joyfully, Aryian reached out with the Force, greeting his fellow Jedi, doing as much as he could with the Force to heat up the air around their bodies and shield them from the snow, but at this distance, the effect was diminished. Instead, he sent a droid out to get them on a small landspeeder kept in the hangar, ceasing his efforts. Aryian returned to Talon and Damon, grinning, even though they knew what he was about to say.

"Master Nom has joined us. This will be a very interesting session indeed. I believe the four masters of the Department have gathered, and we all have a wealth of knowledge to gain from one another. The meeting will be in about five hours from now, whether everyone arrives or not, and then we begin the main part of why we have gathered here. If you wish, meditate. We will each need our strength in the Force to be as strong as possible today, even though we won't be opposing anyone but ourselves."

Aryian walked back through the doorway of the Med bay, towards the Rooming sector in the outer ring. He stopped, adding a final thought to what he had just said.

"We will begin to instruct each other in advanced Force techniques and tactics, focusing primarily on solitary defense and teamwork. What we learned on Myrkr was really only a backup in case we ever needed to use it, and to hone your already sharp skills. Now comes the real training."

Blz1mwg.png

((Mleh. Quality posts are for squares.))

Frost encapsulated the solemn orb of Illum, floating endlessly in the midst of space's black, frostbitten fingers. It was a beauty, a diamond stone within space lingering majestically in comparison to the rough desert sands or urbanized monstrosities that laid in the galaxy. As Scorso's ship made its way toward the surface, however, the pilot found no joy in the inscrutable aesthetic quality laid in the reflective ice. He was late.

His ship found its mark inside the base, mist crawling out of the ship's belly as the landing gear deployed. After some slight maneuvering, his feet found refuge upon the grounds of the Illum base. Within time he was directed to where he could meet his master, who really hadn't done much mastering for him.

Master... He's a master at his craft... that is why I give him such a title. It is out of respect. Not because he is my master... I am not subservient.

The thoughts fleeted from his mind as quickly as they had come, replaced by the possibilities of actually learning the ways of the force. Such a concept was far more intriguing than his idle ramblings of nothingness... muttering things he already knew. After having his chance at creating a saber so promptly removed from his reach, however, it took some reminder that he was an equal being.

I'm not beneath them...

No... because there is no them. There is us...

jpgwf7.jpg

When entering the space around Ilum, Hartel could do nothing but bask in the force as it illuminated toward him. Its perfection was boundless and its bliss allowed his tranquil descent toward it to go down without worry. This sort or love and embrace with the force would be something John would not easily forget and would use as a lesson to the extremities of the forces potential. Having now completed his task of finally arriving at Ilum Hartel beamed down his landing permission comm.

COMM

--------------------------------

"Jedi Knight Hartel requesting landing accommodations. I apologize for my tardiness, my astrodroid took a detour into the space around the planet Duro for some reason."

---------------------------------

((Okay, folks, don't foorget to post in the Spec Ops thread which Force techniques you want/can teach. Scorso, after this training session is over, we're staying here so you can construct your lightsaber. After your first misssion, if all goes well, I hope to give you your trials. Granted, we havven't posted a lot, but this kind of training is like the ultimate course for Jedi, and making it through as a Padawan, my padawan, says something.))

Aryian was pleased with the gathering of Jedi, as his Padawan had just joined the group, as well as the Mandalorian Knight. Things were just about to get started as well...

Landing coordinates were sent up to Hartel's ship, the speeder reached Nom and his apprentice, guiding them in, and Aryian found his Padawan silently thinking to himself. Here, it was easy to hear his thoughts as if he were merely speaking them aloud.

"You're...wrong about that, you know. It was not because you weren't equal or otherwise that I didn't wish for you to begin construction on your saber...it's actually a very important reason. Though manny don't know it, when a Force user builds a lightsaber, they tap into the Force unconsciously, like their normal connection is, making sure the weapon works properly. If the crystals are out of alignment by a hair, the thing can explode, taking you with it. If you want...you may begin building our saber whenever you want while we are here. Better sooner than later, though...you'll need it for one or two things we'll learn here."

Aryian patted the man on the shoulder, explaining his actions seeming to lift some sort off weight in Scorso's mind. Aryian continued on, making sure everything ran smoothly with the rest of the Jedi. He calmly went off to meditate, focusing on the Force as intently as possible. Force knew he would need it...

-----------------------5 hours later-----------------------

Aryian made his way to the main library, setting off the silent alarm for the rest of the Jedi to assemble. The time for learning the true nature of the Force had come.

((You all can have another post, at the end of it, make sure you're at the library. Meditate, talk, do whatever, but let's get this last part out of the way fast, mmkay?))

Blz1mwg.png

After finishing looking around, the group of Jedi split up to get settled in. Zee returned to the small hangar where he and another droid performed routine cleaning and maintenance on Talon's Eta-2, while the Jedi Master himself retreated to a small recess where he could meditate.

Ilum had always held an air of intrigue to the Jedi Master: it was the source of many a Force anomaly. Not only was it the source of the mysterious Adegan crystal, the heart of many Jedi lightsabers, but it was also the generator of powerful Force fields that often induced visions of possible futures in padawans, knights, and masters alike.

It was out to this planet that Talon reached, and it was the first real time he had been able to do so since Myrkr. He was almost stunned by the sheer vastness of everything, forgetting for a moment how intense such meditations could be. It was not long, however, until his mind and body became accustomed to it, and he could sense what was going on. Apart from the occasional nest of Gorgodons, there was not much life on the cold, icy world; the harsh terrain simply would not allow it. Yet it still felt more potent through the Force than even Dagobah. Its natural flow and ebb dominated the entire expanse of his senses, washing over him in concentrated waves and washing away his weariness and worries. In whatever thoughts he could manage, Talon mused that this was how the galaxy was meant to be experienced.

It was several hours later when Talon sensed the Jedi were congregating, and ended his refreshing meditation. He rose from his cushioned seat, extremely relaxed and refreshed. Making sure he had everything he needed, he proceeded to the library, where he found the rest of the Jedi ready to continue their training”¦

Character Sheet

After the group broke Damon headed to the library. There he saw many data pads that contained much information. Looking through information containing everything from the basic manipulation of the force to how to heal properly and maintain proper blockage of blood to a open deep wound.

Damon moved from section to section he found one that little to no information existed. Soul Magic. Picking up the pad he read what was there.

Soul Magic. In theory this is an art that is supposed to be an equal to the Sith Alchemy. Little is known due to the fact to what knowledge that is present only Jedi Master Ara is the only one to be proficient in it. It is also believed that less than a hand full of other jedi know of it. What it can truly do and what it truly is remains much of a mystery and what remains more of a mystery is who else can perform this art.

Reading this Damon laughed. It seemed this pad was made before Damon had started to become some what known for his partial knowledge and use of Soul Magic. He would have to amend this.

Has the edit protocol was selected and he readied to correct this poor amount of information the other members of Special Ops started to arrive in the library. With the other members starting to arrive he decided not to edit it now and decided to correct later and maybe in front of the other members.

The Corellian Corvette dubbed The Argent Dawn burst from hyperspace and began its descent into the Ilum system. The planet's star shone on the ship and the snow lying on the planet itself, creating a blinding light that caused the silvery ship's surface to glow. The ship sped along, much to fast for atmospheric descent on a populated world. The pilot, however, didn't care, for he was very late by his estimation.

The ship's scanners continually pinged the surface, looking for any clues on its ultimate destination. The Jedi would already be busy here, the pilot felt sure, and he hoped to catch up on what he had missed. His previous training experience on Myrkr had been strange, for he had never been stripped of the Force in his life. To be here on Ilum was invigorating for him, for the planet's atmosphere itself seemed to breath of the power of the Force.

A spot began to ping on the digital map inside the bridge of The Argent Dawn, and the ship adjusted course accordingly. The ship gradually slowed down as it approached the Jedi's training outpost. Broadcasting Jedi access codes, the ship set down inside the outpost's hanger bay. The pilot quickly walked outside of the ship, seconds after it touched down. He had the hanger crew begin to refuel the ship as he rushed off.

Using the Force, the Jedi was quickly able to locate most of the Jedi inside the complex. The signatures were spread out over the complex, rather than gathered which would make his specific target hard to identify. Focusing on each signature he felt one at a time, the Jedi located whom he was looking for. He moved into what appeared to be a library, and he found the man he was looking for, and a few more Jedi. He joined the congregation of them, not wishing to point out his absence at this point in time.

WarrenEdit.jpg

"Welcome Master Anorus," the droid said with especially low enthusiasim. "A meeting will be held in a few hours, I strongly suggest you recieve your implant before this event occurs."

Nom laughed to himself, hidden by a well placed scratching gesture over his mouth. The thought of a droid strongly suggesting anything was quite comical. Pushing his inner amusement aside, he proceeded to follow the mechanical servent's advice.

The Jedi Master took off towards the med bay, leaving his apprentice to fend for himself. He was now at a stage where he did not need his master over his shoulder every waking moment of the day. He knew where he needed to be before the time came. That thought carried Nom to a comfortable chair amist a rather cold, drab looking room. The description was quite fitting considering their current location. Yet Anorus' previous assesment of comfortable proved to be quite inacurate as he took a seat in the chair. Due to his larger height, a metal bar pressed up unpleastly against the small of his back.

"Make this quick," Nom said with agitation.

"Lie back and close your eyes Master Anorus...you won't feel a thing." The droid's inorganic voice was oddly soothing, its vibrating servo motors sounding like soft courscantian rains on a hot summer's night.

"We'll see about tha...." The rest of Nom's sentence feel into inarticulate moans as the pleasurable realm of uncounciousness overtook him.

Colors hazed together to form complex patteren of light and textures as Nom's eyes fluttered open. The Jedi Master sat up wearily, his hand pressed against his aching skull.

"It has been over four and a half hours Master Anorus. The aching in your head will alleviate over time. It was a pleasure sir."

Nom inadvertanly extended his hand out of gratitude and pulled it back sharply forgetting droids don't recognize such foolish rituals of the organic. He was still getting used to the world it seemed. His muscles proved quite articulate and apt as they carried him to the library. He recognized several faces as he took a seat amid the volumes of books and holocrons. With a deep sigh, Nom waited.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Aryian looked up from his quiet meditation momentarily, noting that Nom had recieved the implant...something Aryian hadn't expected. Either way, it saved time for Aryian in the short run. Quietly, he meditated until the prescribed hour passed, whhen he promptly assembled the small group of Jedi in the Library.

As soon as everyone had arrived and it was quiet, Aryian began speaking, using his connection with the Force to augmnt his voice so that he could speak in a soft voice, but still be heard by everyone present.

"We are here, on this planet, again to train. However, what we will be learning here is not physical, it will not tax your muscles and make you cry out for mercy. What you learned on Myrkr focused your body, it is here we will hone your mind, make it sharper than the deadliest molecule-cut razor blade there is. It is here we learn more about the Foroce, more than pssibly your former Masters taught you. I for one, am glad to be off Myrkr...I feel I can breathe again here. Some of you have similar sentiments, I am sure. Relax and know that this is the easy part of our training, and it is almost over. After this, we go dormant, aiding the other departments where necessary, but otherwise you are free to act on your own. However...when there is a mission given to us by the council, we are all on call and those chosen for the assignnment are expected to immediately report in for a briefing and complete the mission, no matter what you are doing."

Aryian turned, activating a holoprojector behind him, which he used as a display device. As he talked, scenes began to play from Jedi past, Jedi performing various Force techniques either for the camera's benefit, or if the camera couldn't capture them, the effect the Force power had on other people.

"What I am requiring you to learn here and now are five simple techniques, though we will be expected to near master them. The rest of the time you spend here is up to you, but I would advise since we are all here, now, you might want to take an extra bit of time to seek out those who know a skill or two you don't know, but are curious about. It might be a long time before you get another opportunity like this, in a fee learning environment.

"The first skill we will be learnng, and that I will be teaching, is the art of Force Illusions. As you may or may not know already, this technique causes someone else to experience something that isn't real, an experience that at the novice level can fool four out of the five senses, taste, smell, sight, and sound, but only those that have practiced it enough can have other people literally touch the illusions without realizing that they're not touching anything. True masters of the art can even project their Force aura into the illusions, confusing even Force sensitives. While the illusion will not be recorded onto technology, you must beware that any vid feeds will immediately give this away, unless the technician looking at the monitor is also under this effect, in which he will see the illusion, but after when the vid is replayed it will not show the Illusion."

After he was finished speaking, Aryian seemed to shimmer once, before completely disappearing. Thiss evoked a cuirous responsse from the group before he finally walked out from behind one of the bookshelves where he had been meditating all along.

"Such is the power of the Force Illusion. In the field, this can immediately give you the upper hand, causing enough momentary confusion to easily incapacitate and neutralize a threat, even from the Dark Lord himself. This technique is completely telepathically based, and is done by projecting your thoughts outward into another person's mind, making them appear real to them. Now that you have not only witnessed an illusion, but have heard it descibed, give it a try. It's not hard, and once you have the initial hang of it, you may practice on your own at your leisure."

Blz1mwg.png

Talon smirked. Aryian's first technique that the Spec-Ops were being required to learn was the Art of Illusion”¦ the ability to make friend or foe ”˜see' something that did not really exist by making their mind believe. It was a powerful variant of the mind trick, often employed best by those who had shortcomings in telekinetic abilities.

The Jedi Master had actually had some exposure to the technique before, using it on a few occasions to infiltrate enemy bases during his tenure as a rebel operative, or trick Imperial soldiers in the field of battle. He was by no means, however, a master of the skill, and practice would do his some good. It would, when one thought about it, do all of them some good, and he understood why Aryian wanted the whole team to learn it; with it, they could in essence become invisible, or as close to it as possible.

So as Aryian advised, Talon decided to give it a try”¦

As the Jedi Master reached out to the Force, a consuming darkness fell upon the library. It started with the overhead lights, and eventually worked its way down so that even the glowing blue blips on the multiple computer interfaces were drowned out. There was just darkness, and nothing else.

Talon could sense his companions watching and waiting, eager to see what would come next. A strange quiet enveloped the room, like the calm before a storm.

Then, a whisper, like the faintest of breezes”¦

All at once, a hundred red lightsaber blades ignited in the midst of the Jedi, illuminating just as many Sith clad in dark armor and billowing capes. The whole chamber was cast in a flickering crimson glow.

Talon felt a shimmer of ambiguous shock. His friends knew this was only an illusion”¦ but it was still realistically disturbing. Then, as fast as it had come, the illusion faded. Sweat was beading on Talon's forehead. His illusion was too much”¦ When his comrades turned to face him, he sheepishly smiled. ”œI suppose I should start with something a little bit easier”¦”

Character Sheet

When Master Aryian instructed the others on a force technique, one that Scorpio knew he would not be able to do, he excused himself with a slight bow and headed toward the back of the library to study up on some of the Jedi lore.

As Scorpio walked toward the back, he pondered on a thought. Jedi were supposed to be friends with the force, though the force seemed to keep sending terrible things Scorpio's way. Had he upset the force in some way? Or were they tests? After having many thoughs cross his mind, Scorpio figuared he would atleast try and restore that friendship him and the force were supposed to have.

As Scorpio walked, he stretched out to the force, using it to lift his body above the ground in a hover. At first it was just a tremble he felt under his feet, but it soon rose and so did he. There Scorpio was, hovering just inches off the floor of the temple on Ilum. He couldn't believe it, and in excitement, he lost concentration and landed upon the ground once again.

The laughter of a child soon filled the young man as he walked on toward a table that laid in the back surrounded by chairs. Stepping up on one of the chairs he climbed upon the table and sat, looking around at the holocrons and ancient books that littered the shelves of the library. That gave Scorpio an idea.

He sat cross legged in the center of the temple as he closed his eyes and concentrated with all his might. Suddenly, Scorpio could feel his finger tips grabbing books through the force. If one was to look in on Scorpio, they would see him in an almost budda looking position with books and holocrons lifting off the shelves and start spinning in the air.

The longer Scorpio sat there, the more he concentrated, the stronger his grip on the items became. Soon the books and holocrons were dancing above his head in a rhythmatic form. Scorpio felt calm and at peace, something he hadn't felt since releasing his past that day on Tatooine. For the first time in a long time, Scorpio felt cheerful.

Scorpio, still using the force, placed the books and holocrons back upon the shelves and hopped down off the table grabbing a couple of holocrons on the forms of Shien and Niman. Upon watching Niman, Scorpio knew this form would come in useful as he weilds two blades. Scorpio took out the duel saber which was clipped to his hip and disengaged the connector that held the two sabers together.

As he watched the form displayed on the holocron, Scorpio began to mimic it. As he studied on, swinging the lightsaber in his right hand, and defending with the left, he started to get the hang of it. Feeling he had watched it enough to have memorized it, he began to watch the other holocron containing the Shien form. "Interesting" he thought to himself as he watched carefully the quick arc strike the instructor upon the holocron displayed.

It was a simple enough form, and Scorpio soon had the hang of it, though he was far from Mastering either. Over time though, he would. But Scorpio had an idea. "Wouldn't the two forms be easier to learn if you combine them?" He thought to himself, "Might as well try it." When he first tried, the lightsaber seemed to get in the way, a couple of close calls making that appearent, but Scorpio finally found his rhythm within the two forms.

If one were to watch, he would start out by activating the one in his right hand, placing the back of his left hand pressed against his back. When it was needed for defense, he would bring it forward around his leg, activating it once in the front, and up for the block. Or, if you wanted to go offensive with it, continue around in a threequarter version of a figuare eight for a devastating blow.

It was a simple enough way to combine the two, and in itself, a simple lightsaber form. Scorpio was pleased by his studies, and he would study this form more in order to master it. Scorpio gleefully made his way back to where everyone else was and awaited their completion of their studying.

"Well Talon it looked good. Just tone it down while around us. My hand by instinct went to my belt. However thanks you gave me somthing to shoot for myself."

Damon touched the force. Remebering what was needed and how many times illusions have been used against him and the feeling they present he focused on presenting the same thing.

Within the chamber Damon vanished and was replaced with Armenia. Then next to Armenia on her right stood Aryain and her left stood Ara. The three leaders of the Order. Stood tall and proud in front of the chamber. Then with out warning. They striked a pose and shouted.

Aryian,"We".

Armenia, "Are".

Ara, "The"

All together now, "A team."

Three light sabers ignited.

The illusion faded and the chamber was slient.

"Come on while yes we need to be serious about our training what little humor we can get will keep us grounded."

((Yes, I did get permission from Aryian to write a medium-length post encompassing the entire construction of a light saber. Quality posts are for squares.))

The knowledge imparted upon the padawan by Aryian set his mind at some fraction of ease. More assuring was the prospect of crafting the weapon he had begun to assemble in the cursed forests of Myrkr. There, everything felt a tad more empty. Though he enjoyed the equal level he was placed at in relation to the other jedi due to the fact that his lack of ability in the force was hidden in its oppressive sphere of influence, something had nagged the back of his mind. It felt more”¦ empty. Here he could feel the frigid air cut into his skin, his senses enlivened by their touch.

Everything is so much”¦ fuller”¦

At Aryian's behest, steps clacked against the base back to his ship. As the YT-2000 hovered over the ground and began to streak out, a pounding excitement was hidden beneath the ashen façade of Scorso's stoic features. His heartbeat quickened, pulsating vividly and fresh blood coursed just that much faster through his veins. Soon he would form the weapon held in the hands of so many guardians before him, the same hands he possessed wrapping themselves around something of his own creation that represented him. From what he could gather, the saber was not just a weapon. It was an extension of one's own self.

The metallic bird set its course towards the ice caves, nestling itself firmly upon a small outcropping of ice just before the entrance to the cave. As he stepped out, an icy wind biting at his neck, he stared in the abyssal darkness of the ice cave. Within such darkness, he would forge a weapon of light.

Scorso wandered into the caves, his footwear nearly slipping on the steep ice. Those same feet were guided by a force unbeknownst to him, yet they seemed to lead him towards a formation of crystals. Before him laid a magnificent array of light illuminated off of the crystalline surfaces of these gems. A miniscule layer of frost had accumulated upon the crystals, the frostbitten faces still shining with the brilliant rays birthed from the mouth of the cave. They varied in color, shape, and size. However, only one of these truly caught the eyes of the man.

Amethyst orbs fell upon a matching stone, the purple incandescence shining as though a reflection of Scorso's own hues. Something instinctively told him that this was the crystal for him, his hand suffering minute palpitations as quivering digits dislodged it from its cluster.

The man produced a few bits of wiring and a cylindrical tube. His hands once again went to work like the had upon Myrkyr. Sallow hands worked like mad men, crazed by their slavery as they avidly danced around in an attempt to complete the task. Within seconds, a light saber was composed. T'was a most simple creation, for one had no need for the elaborate decorations that adorned many sabers. A simple beam of silver with black padding for the grip. Ahh, the beauty of simplicity. The only other protrusion was an activation button, bright shining silver within a whole in the sable padding.

Upon pressing the button, the a column of white burst forth to greet the darkness. A vivid haze of purple accompanied it, the splendor of it unparalleled by any sight Scorso had previously beheld. Because it was his.

He re-entered his ship and headed back to where he could show his master his newly formed weapon”¦ his ally”¦ and hopefully gain approval for it.

jpgwf7.jpg

Nom chuckled openly as the three leaders of the Jedi order vanished. "Nice touch Damon, nice touch." As soon as the Jedi Master's laughs died down however, he noticed it was his turn to try the illusion. He knew perfectly well that he had never tried such an attack. Although his gruesome fight with the Dark Lord suddenly rushed to his mind. Kakuto Ryu had employed a particularly surreal illusion for the sole purpose of severing Nom's arm. The entire Mechis facility bathed itself in a blood soaked purple light, it looked as if the very soul of carnage desended upon him. The Jedi closed his eyes and shuddered slightly at the thought. Had it been that long ago?

The Jedi Master kept his eyes closed, feeling the cold tendrils of Ilum's icy atmosphere wrap around and through him. Drawing on his past experiance with Kakuto, Nom did his best to emulate the horrific situation, yet at the same time inject the light side of the Force. A deep gold aura began to culminate around the Jedi Master as it pulsated softly. Soon it started to expand as he concentrated further. The soft aura intensified as it reached the far corners of the room.

Suddenly the library exploded as chaotic flames erupted out of the yellow light sweeping through the air. The floor, the walls, as well as every book cackled with crimson brillance as flames danced across them. Nom twitched again, beads of sweat forming and growing on his contorted brow. The room began to heat as well, combating the icy effects of Ilum's atmosphere. Warmth spread through the carpet, eminating from the burning books. It was soothing at first but it soon began to swelter as more time passed. After only a few seconds, the air grew hazy as it literally turned visible. The room pulsated in heat and fire as ravous flames threated to engulf each Jedi sitting within.

Nom opened his eyes, letting go of his action with the Force. The library remained exactly as it was, drenched in the cold tranquility of Ilum. Each book shelf remained perfectly intact as the pages stood in prestine condition.

"Was it hot in here or was it just me?" Nom asked with a smile as sweat poured down his face.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

From one of the Temple's speakers, Armiena Draygo's voice boomed. One might have wondered how the Jedi Grandmaster had managed to contact them and channel her voice all over the Temple... but one would quickly note the tone of her voice before coming to that thought.

She was furious.

Guys, if you haven't been watching the Holonet, I suggest you turn it on for a few seconds. It's a madhouse. People are going nuts, and for good reason.

Obviously, it falls upon us to defuse the situation... A pause followed that blinding flash of the obvious, as though Armiena was grimacing at her own horrible macabre pun. We get to Coruscant; we find those bombs; and then we find that fracking hu'tuun and teach him something about justice. Watch out for yourselves. I'll see you on Coruscant.

drayyy.png

"It was slightly hot Nom. However I think there is somthing coming over the holonet. I wonder why a holonet message would be comming over our COMs."

Armenia had came though as well and told them what to do.

Damon activited the monitor in the chamber and a message played and the image came to his head. The message finished and the screen went off.

"Aryian, this is what we have been training for hasn't it. I think its time to head to shadow station and go to do what we must to protect the people."

Damon knew what would happend if they didn't act quickly. There wasn't much time and they needed to move now.

Aryian was quite amused with the various illusions the three Masters had managed to conjure, even if he would have been satisfied with something small, it told him they could easily pick up on Force technique and style, which was something that would make this whole thing a lot easier.

And then something triggered in the back of his head, a small warning that meant...Guys, if you haven't been watching the Holonet, I suggest you turn it on for a few seconds. It's a madhouse. People are going nuts, and for good reason. Obviously, it falls upon us to defuse the situation...

We get to Coruscant; we find those bombs; and then we find that fracking hu'tuun and teach him something about justice. Watch out for yourselves. I'll see you on Coruscant.

Aryian's head nearly leaped off his body as the blast from the speaker directly to his left hit him, and though he should have been ready, he was not, and the result was that the initial first few words scared the bajezus out of him. In seconds, though, he had a hold of himself, knowing what to do.

Somebody set us up the bomb...

"Right! You heard the Grandmaster! Damon's right, this is what we've been training for, this is it!"

Aryian flicked on a nearby screen to see the news broadcast, along with a recording of the hacked challenge.

As per the usual style of interruption by diabolical sociopath maniacs the screen shifted to static then cleared up to show a tall, slender man that was obviously still in his youth. It wasn't a familiar face, but the ladies would be happy to see that the man was easy on the eyes. His muscles weren't bulky, but lean and taught. His silky dark hair came down over his eyes just enough to hide the azure gems.

”œJedi, alliance officials and self-proclaimed do good vigilantes that no one cares about or has ever heard of, I am issuing a challenge to you”¦mostly because I like to see you fail, but partially because I just don't like you and enjoy mass panic throughout the worlds.”

Blz1mwg.png