Byss

Darth Heretic

DeCaro attempted to move away from the Flying kick. He swiftly moved to one side but not quick enough and his whole body shuddered as his masters boot hit him below the ribs knocking him off balance. He staggered slightly before resuming his defensive position and striking out at his master with an spear hand attempting to hit him in the soft fleshy area under his arm. He just prayed his strike would hit home.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer moved quickly...his apprentice managed a hit under his arm much to his chagrin as it caused momentary pain before subsiding. The sith lord answered back in return with a motion just as deadly, using the Teras Kasi manuver known as 'Dancing Dragonsnake' and just as like the patient beast from which the move got it's name the kiffar waited until he weaved in and out of DeCaro's stance before attempting a powerful jab to the ribs that dug inwards between the bone and flesh as he ducked below a punch, his fingers as straight as a arrow heading inwards.

With any luck it would drive the man's own kidney into another of his organs causing a excrutiating amount of pain. Despite the vicious nature of the move Lucifer knew he needed it to happen.

Speaking out during the fight Lucifer continued the lesson.

''Use your pain, let it be the fuel to your rage...to your strength. Use it as you would a tool.''

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The blow struck home causing DeCaro to double over in pain cluthing hisback and side. He let his pain fuel his rage and attacked using the same jumping kick his master had used on him a few moments before. He didn't know how but somehow he knew it was exactly the way his master had done it. He flew towards his master hoping to strike him mid chest.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((I was kind of hoping to teach you that after this battle and a few techniques but I guess I can role with it this time.))

Taking the strike Lucifer flew backwards into the dirt. Using his hand he placed it upon the ground moments before impact as he stumbled to regain his balance quickly and return the favor via spinning his leg round in a low roundhouse that would hopefully land at the back of the right knee bringing his opponent to one leg for a brief moment..a moment he would use to it's full advantage.

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

Using one hand Lucifer flipped over DeCaro's attempt to hit his legs landing directly behind him. Quickly moving forward the kiffar grabbeda hold with both arms putting DeCaro's neck into a secure hold and locked his hands together as he applied pressure...hard, just one movement in a certain direction and his apprentices neck would snap upwards. His spine would break like a twig should he choose too.

Thus came the end of the lesson for now. Letting him loose Lucifer spoke.

''You seem to know much of combat but there is still alot more to learn if you are to become a sith. Now I know your stance and have an idea as to how you fight we shall continue onwards.

First take up the stance of Teras Kasi, look at my stance how I stand and defend myself (snake like). Think of Teras Kasi as animal movements, each technique corresponds to a different animal and imitates it's movements---some are for offense, counters and others defense. To start with you shall learn the basics.

Come at me, as before that I may show you the first technique you shall learn...the Aryx Slash.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro rose to his feet massaging his neck and copied his masters stance. It was a little strange at first but DeCaro quickly realized that it was superior to his own stance allowing for quick striking and a superior guard. Taking a deep breath DeCaro launched himself forward and instead of punching or kicking DeCaro attempted to knee his master in the gut.

DeCaroSig.jpg

The sith lord moved, stepping quickly to the right side of his miraluka apprentice before slashing his arm in what seemed like a chop like movement across his neck. Aimed at momentarily causing DeCaro to loose breath as the chop to the neck made contact with his windpipe in a slash like motion.

Normally the kiffar would have applied the force to the scenario for deadly affect that would end with a more 'fatal' chop or slash but finding value in the boy he decided against it. Moving to stand next to DeCaro Lucifer spoke.

''A sith knows when to react and counteract. Surprise, deception, misdirection and illusion...these are key to a victory over your enemies. Do what your opponent least expects, what they cannot anticipate---use what you see around you as a distraction and there shall be none that will hold your wrath back. The Aryx Slash is aimed at incapacitating or fatally killing your enemies by striking at the neck in a slashing or chop like motion after reading your opponent and being patient, much like how a mantis strikes out at his prey. Let your enemy make the first move and much like in a game of chess move the pieces around to your favor.

See what I did. Read your opponents movements, remember them and wait for an opening to press your attack. Improvise, overcome, adapt remember these words. See how I read your movements before I struck and improvised, now try again and this time use what I have told you.''

With this the kiffar waited always looking at DeCaro...waiting for him to strike. He knew despite the pain the miraluka would learn and in the fire of combat would he become stronger. When combined with the force he would live to become near unstoppable eventually but only once he was molded.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro pondered his masters words and wondered what would make a perfect distraction. He sat upon the sand thinking hard. Every now and agin he would look up at his master to see if he was still watching to find that he was watching him like a hawk. He pushed himself from the sand discretly taking some with him.

"Master could you show me the Aryx Slash again please?" DeCaro asked, hoping the sith lord wouldnt see through his ruse.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer listened unamused. He was not one to repeat himself and as such he would refuse the request.

Speaking out the sith lord spoke.

''I shall not repeat myself, I only ever speak my words once. Those who do not listen deserve their fate. Now come I am waiting.''

The kiffar continued to wait in his stance before growing a little impatient, having not known of the ruse he charged forward at his apprentice ready to deliver a unholy judgement upon him.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro waitend until his master was almost directly infront of him before slinging the sand into his eyes, as the reddish sand struck his master in the eyes DeCaro lashed out with the Aryx Slash just as his master had done. Even though it had not gone according to his plan DeCaro was confident his cheap shot would give him the edge he needed to land his blow after all combat was about deception.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Anger seethed gently inside the sith lord at how a apprentice such as DeCaro had managed to fool him into a false sense of security. Yet also was a sense of pride albeit a fools pride at knowing that the miraluka had learnt of what he spoke and applied it.

Lashing out Lucifer tried to locate DeCaro before the sand cleared. Instead of finding his apprentice he found himself choking after being struck to the neck, a affect which quickly cleared as he recovered.

The kiffar spoke.

''Good, good...you are learning my apprentice. You have learnt I see that all combat is based upon deception. In war there is no honor only winning at whetever the cost---pity, mercy those are for the weak. A sith knows this and knows that the strong can only rise by disposing of such notions these.

Pain, suffering, hate, anger these are the true path to power it is the force that wills us to use it in this manner. Now onwards come get me...if you can for through combat shall you learn the true meaning of being a sith. Just as with life you shall struggle for survival---your survival and become stronger for it.''

With that Lucifer charged forward leaning to the side before turning left charging at DeCaro attempting to hit him in the jaw, followed by a simultaneous hit of both arms on the neck aimed at taking him down in one vicious combination. The movements were akin to a Wampa charging prey it was this which gave the technique it's name and the next technique of which DeCaro would learn about Teras Kasi---Charging Wampa.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro attempted to backpedal, only to find there would be no retreat from these punishing blows. The first struck him in the jaw sending him reeling and the next two blows simultaniously struck him on either sid of the neck causing DeCaro to collapse to his knees. He looked up at his master and the next thing he saw was darkness.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer looked upon the man as he fell unconscious from the blows dealt...no doubt he would feel the affects when he woke up of falling.

For now however the sith lord dragged the body of the miraluka inside the cave complex before placing DeCaro into a bacta tank deep inside one of the rooms. When he woke he would find himself in the blue liquid surrounded by many similar tubes however all were empty. Lucifer was careful to keep the cloning tubes in a seperate section hidden away within a secret doorway that led into the medical facility---afterall he hardly knew the man enough to trust him to see his clones, he may attempt to sabotage them.

It would be a while before the miraluka would awake and thus Lucifer had some time on his hands. While the kiffar waited for DeCaro to rise he took to practicing some of the more advanced Teras kasi techniques withi na secldued section of the complex built specifically for training and that was seperate from the arena.

After a few hours he returned to his chambers where the sith lord looked deep into a holocron of a forgotten ancient sith hoping to unlock more of it's mystery as he contemplated on how to handle the failure of his apprentice. He would be punished that much was certain but in what way for he would need to learn the price of failure and become stronger for it---it was afterall the sith way.

It was then he figured it out, walking over to the bacta tank in which DeCaro was currently situated, Lucifer progammed into the droids nearby to leave instructions to bring him when semi-conscious to the 'experimention' room where he would be strapped into a electric chair looking structure and subjected to the mannerisms of masochism and pain thus increasing his endurance while teaching him a valueble lesson.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro awoke to find himself floating in some sort of tank. He assumed it must be bacta and he was still quite disoriented. A few droids came forward and removed him from the tank dragging him towards another room.

Once there he was strapped to a strange looking chair and he looked up grogilly at his master standing over him. He gave in to his body's demand and darkness enveloped him once more.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer stood over DeCaro as he passed out again...it seemed he may have been pulled prematurely fro mthe tank, not that it mattered but it was more a slight bother of the situation.

Progamming the droids the kiffar had a I.V bag full of bacta and several patches placed upon the miraluka to bring him back to full health so that he would be wide awake for what he had in store albeit he would have no ability to move.

The sith stood his arms folded counting the hours down until his apprentice would arise.

Akheron.jpg

The world swam back into view as DeCaro regained conciousness. The first thing he noticed was that he was almost completley naked save his underwear. The second thing was he was strapped to a strange chair with many evil looking implements surronding it. The third was that his master was nowhere to be seen. He attempted to call upon the Force to break his manacles but the harder he tried to call upon the Force the more it seemed to slip away from him.

I must have been drugged DeCaro thought slumping back against his chair. The last thing he remembered was gitting overwhelmed by his master's furious attack. He then realized that this must be some sort of punishment for being so easily defeated. Sure enough his Master strode into sight with a wicked looking grin on his face.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer spoke as he looked upon his apprentice, his grin turning into a more serious look...one of disappointment. Perhaps through the pain he would learn not disappoint again and that to give in, to be weak was to suffer and be nothing more than cannon fodder.

''You disappoint me my apprentice. One quick combinations of punches and you fell unconscious, I expected better of you. I do not choose just anyone nor does the force will me to find just anyone---if you are to a sith you must be stronger than the rest, you must not give in to your bodies demands, no matter the price you overcome whatever is thrown at you less you shall never be anything more than a tool to be disposed of.''

Pausing a moment the sith lord continued.

''This leads us to your current predicament. I as many sith cannot tolerate failure, not when you are my apprentice and as such you shall learn what it means to be strong. To overcome your bodies natural weaknesses.''

With that the kiffar picked up a sharp looking curved surgical instrument. Feeling for the right area Lucifer inserted the object into DeCaro's left rib at such an angle that no matter how comfortable the miraluka tried to get each time he moved anywhere he would feel a sharp visceral pain go up his side.

The sith lord spoke again as he picked up another object of pain.

''Pain can be a weapon should you choose it or a tool. Use this pain...use your anger of me...your hate for my doing this to you and endure the suffering, empower yourself and become stronger for it.

By doing so you shall see that no matter what injury you shall endure. You have two choices at this moment...either you submit to the darkside and survive or do nothing and die where you are, make the choice miraluka.''

With that Lucifer inserted the next instrument of destruction, a long thin pole like device that was placed up the man's rectum.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro Cleched his teeth so hard he feared they would shatter, but he had no intention of letting his discomfort show. He sat perfectly still not wishing his pain to increase. He focused on his pain letting it fuel his anger. He could feel the drug weakining but he could not call upon the force just yet.

He had been punished before by his Hutt Master on Tatooine, but this was something entirley different from the whipping he would get for failing. He embraced the pain drinking it in like a thirsty man drinks water. Turning his head he saw his master watching him to see if he would break.

DeCaro had no intention of breaking, he only wished to prove his strength, the blows dealt before had been savage and quite unexpected. This he knew was going to happen and he anticipated the pain. He would not make the same mistakes again as he had before. DeCaro bit his lip so hard he tasted blood as another device was added to his body. This one was a strange intrument that latched to the sking and would every now and then deliver a large jolt of elctricity into his body. As the current passed through his body DeCato, gasped andhis vison started to blur but using his rage he stayed concious. The drug was almost worn off and then he could shut out anything.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((I never mentioned electricity being delivered through the instruments and don't know where you got that idea from. They are simply every day normal surgical equipment that is being used to inflict the pain upon you while you are strapped into a chair.))

Deciding to change the tempo Lucifer inserted another injection that would counteract the drug already in DeCaro's system thus enabling him to feel the pain alot more...vividly.

Inserting another surgical implement this time what looked akin to a scapel the sith lord placed it in the sensitive area at the bae of the abck of the neck where the spinal column connected to the brain. In a few moments the miraluka would feel the intense pain no matter what he did---for it would be excrutiating.

It was then that Lucifer felt he had done enough and thus programmed th droids to release the man so that he could acqurie the bacta treatment he now needed so desperately after such an ordeal.

The kiffar spoke.

''Once you are back to peak physical form come straight to me. We shall continue where we left off---this time I expect you not to fail me, I give you this one chance to prove you are as I thought you to be...just one. Anymore failures and you shall be nothing more than another tool to me...expendable and one whom can easily be replaced. If you truly want to be a sith then you shall become stronger for this failure.''

With that the sith lord motioned to the droids as they dragged DeCaro away back to the bacta tanks to recuperate.

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After another session in the Bacta tank, DeCaro oncea gain found himself upon the sandy beach outside his master's lair. He began by practicing what he had aleady learned and worked the kinks from his muscles. He remeberd vividly what had happened the last time he was out here and he subconciously rubbed his jaw. His Master sttod in front of him waiting to see if he could replicate the move know as the Charging Wampa.

Knowing that his master would never allow him to strike him easily and his speed far exceeded his own. DeCaro decided he would try something a little different. He used the Force to attempt to speed his movements by bolstering his muscles into a hyperactive state. Using his increased speed DeCaro leapt forward so quickly he was a blur. He lashed out hith his right fist hoping to catch his master in the jaw, and if it connected he would follow through with two simultanious blows on either side of the neck.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((You havn't been taught how to use force speed yet so even if you did somehow try to use it it wouldn't be very effective or that fast))

As DeCaro came charging Lucifer watched and waited...he decided he would let his apprentice impact, if only to teach him how to initiate the move correctly and in the process feel the embrace of pain---a feeling he had not felt in quite some time.

Seeing how he attempted to use the force to speed his movements, the sith lord let a slight smirk cross his lip at being somewhat amused by the thought of it. It was slower than most but not bad for a starting point.

As the miraluka struck home the kiffar's jaw shot upwards slightly before he felt the distinct pain of both sides of his neck being struck simaltenously leaving the sith lord only one choice, to go down.

After suffering the initial pain Lucifer rose up again and spoke.

''Better my apprentice, however remember Teras Kasi is all about anticipating your opponents strikes...and developing your speed. The more you wait the better the chance you can anticipate and catch your opponent offguard.

Now onto the next technique....the Dancing Dragonsnake, I believe you are familiar with the stance for I used it earlier upon you. For this technique it is required that you use snake like motions and patience to weave around your enemy before the strike much how the dragonsnake...the creature after which this technique is named is patient predator and will wait until it's prey wanders too close to the waters edge before striking out with fangs and gills to drag it's quarry underwater and drown it.

As I have said be patient, anticipate and then counterattack. Use snake like motions to work your enemies defence and make it your offence. Try this now but as before show no mercy and this time do not fail me.''

With that Lucifer began the assault...charging forward the kiffar suddenly took to jumping without using the force to the right side of the mirlauka before attempting to land a hard curved strike into his sternum.

Akheron.jpg

The move was so fast that DeCaro had no time to even think about evading or counterstriking. The blow landed sending DeCaro reeling. He hit the ground sliding away from his master on his back unable to breath. He shook this off and attempted to ignore the pain in his chest. Using his momentum DeCaro rolled back comming to his feet and drawing in large gulps of air.

He replayed what had just happened in his mind, to see wah had happened to cause him to not be able to counterattack or move at all. His master sidestepped at the last possible moment and snaked around his guard. It was impressive but he replicate it? He studied his master closely and came to a conclusion he had to attempt to replicate this move.

DeCaro warily approached his master and without warning sprung forward. As his feet toched down upon the sand he immediatly shifted his waeght to the right, swing past his masters guard and then lashing out with a quick strike to the sternum, He hoped his move would strike home.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((The technique is more a set of stances It can be done from any direction not just the one I demonstrated but has to be snake like and using counterattacks as a offence. ))

Lucifer lashed out quickly, shifting left the kiffar whirled round the miraluka apprentice and to his own safety as he grabbed the man's arm using his own hand like a snake coiling round his prey.

Bearing down upon his wrist the sith lord flipped DeCaro face first into the sand as he twisted the man's wrist using his other free hand...the pain would be excrutiating as the muscle twisted.

It was as he landed that Lucifer spoke.

''The Dancing Dragonsnake is not simply one technique but rather a group of stances used to snake around your prey. Just as the Dragonsnake would coil around it's prey you must wrap around yours and anticipate when to strike. Use your pain and come again.''

With that Lucifer lept forward in two bounds before attempting a roundhouse down at his apprentice feet hoping to trip him at the ankles while one arm supported the weight...the other stretching towards his apprentices knee in a coil like motion.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro realized that his master was attempting to trip him hup and instead of moving away he moved forward uickly in an attempt to confuse him, if it worked and he got the slight hesitation from hi master taht he expected he would then wraphis master's outstreched arm locking it firmly under his armpit and then as he would be to close to strike with his other hand he would attempt a headbutt into his master's nose. On the other hand, thee was a very goodchance that his master would not hesitate and follow through with another move that would level DeCaro. He just prayed it was the latter.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer smirked a little a he walked right into the trap but not before jabbing his elbow into DeCaro's face as the headbutt came forward and using the use to telekinetically grab the miraluka and flipping him over his head into the sand.

The kiffar spoke.

''There are no rules in combat, there is only winning. Fighting fair is for the weak for your opponent shall not honor such notions. Deception is your strength and your key to victory over all adversaries...use it as you would any other tool.''

Pausing a moment the sith lord spoke more.

''Trust no-one and nothing but the force. Nothing is ever as it first appears at first glance.

You did well then attempting to decieve me...there was no possible way you could have defeated one of my skill yet still you almost did by never giving up, this is what makes you a sith---your fearlessness and strength even in the face of superior odds.

Now on to the next technique known as Death Weave.''

Pausing again lucifer spoke out.

''As the name implies it is not to be taken lightly. It requires weaving inbetween your opponent's movements a often fatal combination of strikes and parries. Try this now and as before do not be leniant for I will not upon you.''

With that Lucifer took up his guard defensively waiting for DeCaro to land a strike.

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro dropped once again into his stance and cautiosly around his maste looking for an opportune moment and position to strike. He spotted a small opening in his Mater's guard but he knew that it was just a ploy His master wanted him to attack ther and then it would be reversed. DeCaro decided to make it look as if he was goning to fall for the ruse and he quickly lashed out towards the opening with his right fist

As he suspected his master's guard began to close and he quickly adjusted the blows trajectoryaiming for the inside of the elbow. If the blow struck he would then have to block his masters strike which judging from his previous actions it would be a strike below his left ribs. He would drop his elbow down to block the incoming blow and he would then follow the block with a roundhouse to the left side of his master's jaw. If his first hit landed of course, if not he would have to improvise.

DeCaroSig.jpg

As DeCaro lashed out Lucifer switched hands, his attack had been a feign and instead he struck with his other hand for the jaw before delivering a brutal straight kick into the miraluka's exposed chest just above the heart meant to send him reeling backwards and leave him exposed for his next move.

Lucifer spoke as they fought, even as a sith...a assassin of sorts---the kiffar was still a warrior at heart. His father had taught him well of combat and that had transferred over into his life beyond the clan--in a way despite the fact he was his father's killer he honored him by teaching the skills, techniques and advice he had learnt from him to his apprentice.

''Always think two steps ahead of your opponent, make them think you are doing one thing and instead do something they do not expect or anticipate.''

Akheron.jpg

DeCaro saw the next blow coming through a slight nudge from the Force. He braced for the incoming kick and staggered back slightly waiting for the next blow to fall, As his master's next blow was on its way DeCaro lowered his shoulder and Charged forward his shoulder striking his master in his exposed Solarplexus. He kne the blow would not do much for him and he fully expectaced to be struck at any moment.

The blow struck home driving DeCaro to his knees. He leapt forward rolling under his Master's arms and coming up behind him. He then leapt towards his Master hopeing to wrap his legs about his waist and putting him in an effective sleeper hold.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer took the pain from the strike into his solarplexus...using it as strength he lashed back.

As DeCaro leapt at the sith lord the kiffar span around quickly in a butterfly kick that would hopefully strike at both the miraluka's groin and chest to knock him back while his right hand lashed forward at his throat in a combinded effort to choke him for a brief few seconds...and cause some amount of pain simaltenously.

It was a dirty tactic, but as he had told his apprentice---his true enemy would do exactly the same thus they must counteract in the same way...it was a vicious cycle.

Akheron.jpg